Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Venice Yves Rocher for women

Venice Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Venice by Yves Rocher is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Venice was launched in 1986. Top note is bergamot; middle notes are jasmine, vanille and rose; base notes are musk, sandalwood and oak moss.

Bergamot

Must de Cartier

Venice Fragrance Reviews

freddinos
freddinos

Venice by Yves Rocher is so precious! As other reviewers said, it's smooth. No other words to describe how mellow and beautiful it is, it feels like it's gliding over the skin without a single screechy note taking over. My bottle is very vintage and the top notes might have suffered a bit, but after the first couple of minutes I'm in heaven already. Vanilla sandalwood and just a hint of green that I presume is the rose. I don't get lots of the rose, hardly any at all, and do not know whether it is because of my vintage bottle or not. From the middle notes down oakmoss is blended in, adding depth and mystery and a tad of smokiness to the perfume. I agree so much with the reviewer who described an image of a Venetian beauty on a gondola dressed in velved and exquisite lace associated with 'Venice'. To me this creation would be the perfect finishing touch to an early November evening in Venice. The air would be damp and chilly, you'd wear a cashmere winter coat and go to Harry's Bar for Bellinis. You would sit at a corner table watching the impeccably dressed patrons dining and chatting, and the waiters wearing white jackets and black bow ties. And Venice's elegance would compliment an otherwise memorable, late autumn evening in La Serenissima...

Day-zi
Day-zi

A couple of years ago I wanted to get this fragrance for my mother's birthday. I was trying to find it everywhere but in vain. Fortunately a friend of mine, who lives in Germany, managed to get a bottle of Venice from a limited edition collection. Mother was happy! So was I ))But what was my surprise when a month later I decided to try Dior Addict and found that the fragrances were almost similar! I do recommend to try Addict to those who can't find Venice today. Even for my mother who used to wear Venice many years ago it was hard to distinguish Venice from Addict.

id
id

It's like CK Obsession just without the note of civet. And it doesn't last so long (the sillage is not so "loud" as well) as the latter.

icecube
icecube

I would describe this a toned down version of Obsession.
On me it has nearly the exact same notes.
Longevity is poor - so after one hour I have to sniff very closely to my wrist to feel any fragrance left.
It is elegant and velvety in its appearance.
A great perfume for the not bold enough to carry Obsession of.
Strange that spices are not noted in the perfume pyramid.
And that it came out 1 year after Obsession makes me suspicious.

Lily Of The Walley
Lily Of The Walley

Oh man, Never forget this one... my sister got it once and 5 minutes after I smelled it: Boom! A headache... :(

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Venice is a beautiful lady in velvet and lace in a gondola on the Grand Canal. You feel her presence from the first spray. She is deep and dark and spicy and musky. She is not too sweet. In the middle notes Venice even has an almost bitter period as the oakmoss comes in strongly but it is beautiful, making this not just another sweet oriental, but a scent with legs and structure and balance.

This is a very longlasting scent. After the final drydown as you go into hours of wear, the bergamot comes out as a balance to the vanilla which finally releases its sweetness after playing with our heads and noses for hours. Venice is lush and beautiful, extravagant smelling and yet comforting at the same time.

I imagine our perfumed lady in velvet entering her mansion off the Grand Canal and undressing carefully for her lover, smelling more spicy and musky and like liquid roses as each piece of clothing drops onto the bed laid with spotless linen and lace sheets. Her lover watches her in the darkness, knowing she cannot see him, inhaling her delicious scent and basking in the glory of her lush body.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

A very intense fragrance, a little heavy so I used to wear it for the night. Reminded me of velvet? You could really pick up the vanilla notes in this which made it very warm smelling. Powdery rose notes too which was nice.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Akats , i am very glad you enjoyed the decant of Venice that i sent you...i told you about the similarity of this scent with Must de Cartier and the purpose of sending you the decant without the name writen on it was to prove you my point.Oh,wasn't i right ?

akats
akats

I'm enchanted! I was gifted a decant without name written on it, on purpose, so as to guess ..... and I said this is vintage "Must" The revelation was a nice surprise. A warm musky, serious vanilic beauty, with a dark green mossy base. The perfect mature oriental for those who love chypres as well. Great discovery!

Kysyona
Kysyona

Oh my goodness, I am absolutely in love here at the first sniff!! So beautiful is this creation - so unexplainable is the decision of YR to discontinue it!!! I got a bottle off Ebay out of sheer curiosity, and I cannot stop sniffing myself!! - it is sharp, pungent and cummin-fueled, with a syrop of dark-petalled roses brewed for hours if not days: it really has a mark of time and effort put into it. On the skin it is even 100 times better: the initial hit in the nose effect subsides and sheer beauty emerges: a poised elegant grownup woman in a tight-sitting black dress wearing pearls and laced underwear, simple and stylish hairdo and unbreakable confidence in herself. This is something I want to wear so much when I want to feel that I have made it, nailed it, achieved it, and now it is my time to enjoy my success and make the most of all priviledges of growup life of a successful lady. The effect is similar to what Chanel's COCO has on me, but Coco is more laid back and comforting and "sharing coffee with the girls on a lazy monday", Venice on the other hand is bolder and louder, and stand-offish in a way, so it is a winter office/evening-timed occasions scent when one wants to be noticed, admired, respected and feared a little. An ultimate powerwoman scent. Would buy a truckload of it if I could only find that truck!!

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

My mom actually tasked me to stake out the Yves Rocher shop when she learned I was visiting France. She had less than a quarter of the original, given to her by a dear friend ages ago and was horrified when she learned she couldn't get it anymore. Unfortunately, the stake out was unsuccessful as they discontinued it for a time.

Somehow, a resourceful friend in France managed to secure a few bottles of the classic formula and surprised her with them. I think mom got a hold of some of the newer formula, Venise with an "s", as well and mostly prefers the classic. She says the newer is pretty, but the original is beautiful.

I tend to agree.

I agree with Natural! This perfume in the same line as hypnotic and obsession, in terms of sexy, I find this one even more effective in that department. It is like a perfected Must de Cartier, extremely ladylike and somehow I find it to be an intellectual perfume as well. Because it brings me back to movies like Sutherland in Casanova, Italian masks, Venice, sensuality. Gorgeous!

SouthLondonGirl
SouthLondonGirl

This was a recent blind buy for me, largely due to reviews here, got a mini EDP from ebay for 99p so it wasn't a huge risk...!

Anyway, that tiny risk paid off as I love it. It's a warm, subtly sexy, somehow friendly scent. It's not an 'in your face' sex bomb, but it warms up with your body and your night, and I always get compliments when I wear this. And, like all warm and spicy fragrances, men love this. It's not avant-garde or challenging and I love it all the more for that. Can't imagine anyone not liking this, but it's not dumbed down or bland. Just womanly and delicious.

OK longevity and silage, but I wish these were a bit better.

sparris
sparris

Bought this when I was in my 20s and loved a lot of YR fragrances and body products. Loved the bottle but the scent itself never really meshed with my skin chemistry, it started out good if a bit heavy for someone with my colouring and personality...but after around 30 minutes it sort of got corrupted and didn't smell good at all, unfortunately.

natural
natural

It 's such a beautiful fragrance, but unfortunately it 's so hard to find! I have only a mini bottle of this gem! It reminds me a bit of Dior Hypnotic and Ck obsession, but IMO Venice is much better! The scent is sexy,deep and simply unforgettable!

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

Lovely fragrance that is so much like Obsession. Never my favorite but one I've had in my collection for over 20 years. this was my sister "L's) perfume of choice from Yves Rocher. Sad it was discontinued

Allegra
Allegra

The original Venice is very much an 80s child and a representative of that colorful decade, yet there is something timeless and unarguably ladylike in its recipe.

I vividly remember liking the scent even though I was in my teens when Venice was all the rage, and I had it as a creme perfume which was easy to slip in and carry around in my make-up bag. Even though the creme eventually went sour and started smelling somewhat odd I still couldn't throw the cute little package away =)

Venice intrigued me also for its capability of whispering about all the good things and experiences that adult life would bring along. This was because of the feminine, elegant and vibrant concoction of flowers and woodsy notes delicately blended with warm vanilla undertones. I still remember how wearing Venice made me wish that I would already be a grown-up woman with confident attitude towards life and love. Not many other perfumes have had this strong effect on me, ever...

LaDomna
LaDomna

I have about an inch of this wonderful perfume left in a 60 ml EdT bottle that I inherited from my grandmother about 10 years ago... I wasn´t very interested in perfumes then, I did like the scent but I seldom used it... I´m happy about that now though, there is still an inch left of this wonderful concoction!! It´s oriental, sweet and strong, just beautiful!

mjhowers
mjhowers

Venice was my Signature Fragrance for over a decade! I found this & fell in love in 1989, I purchased the entire line of perfume as well as the lotion & body wash. I wish they still had this as it was very popular. I have one tasseled bottle left with a few drops in it that I will wear again one day, for now I'll enjoy the scent from the bottle and save it!

passionata20
passionata20

My review is for EDT.
Wearing this one today. This is just as i remember it to be back in the days when my mom had a bottle of EDP in a red box with a tassel around bottle´s neck. I was still a child at that time but amongst all others YR fragrances she had i think i liked this one the most. Partly because of the bottle, and mainly because of the juice. Rich, dark, seductive. There is a very strong oakmoss note in it, quite sharp in the opening which reminds me a lot of CK "Obsession", but i find "Obsession" is bit better and richer, more complex.
Later the rose note appeares though it is not overwhelming and still dominated very much by the oakmoss. To be honest i don´t get much more notes except oakmoss and rose. Well, a bit of sandal and a hint of vanilla is also here but they are very modest. The drydown tend to be a bit powdery but the good news that it is not too much powdery so it is totally wearable.
In general it is a really bold fragrance perfect for autumn-winter time. lasting power is really good for the EDT i have. I have just been out of the shower, where i scrubbed myself and i can still smell the fragrance like i just have applied it recently. AMAZING! Sillage is also really good. I guess i will also go for a EDP as well :)

Last week I decided Venice to be my new signature.
Although I ADORE Extreme girl, when I was wearing Venice last week, I Knew, this is me..

lapurrla
lapurrla

Lovely, gorgeous, heavenly, sultry, rich, wunderbar.

Amazing review Malia! I feel exactly THE same way!

malia
malia

Oh Venice.. Where should I start to describe HOW beautiful you are?! You are my the most cherished and loved treasure. What am i gonna do when your divine elixir will be finished? No, every drop of your juice is too valuable to me. I enjoy opening your gorgeous bottle and putting you on my skin, no spraying, just applying like in the old days.. taking your royal dark red bottle and looking through it at the light, ruby light. Mysterious, magical, sensual, passional.. It's you and your undescribable fragrance. With you i feel like Venus in Venice. Stay with me forever..

heidii
heidii

Not my cup of tea, but if you love jasmine and heavy vanilla oriental perfumes, this could be your thing. It highly reminds of something i smelled before. I believe its similar to dior addict...

larali
larali

I received a small bottle of this from nanano. Thanks! When I first tried it, I did not like it. I was expecting something like Samsara, but this was different. I suppose it was the bergamot that gave it a sharp edge. But after it dried down, I was sold. Deep and lovely. Lots of vanilla and sandalwood on me. I think it's best suited for cold weather or nights. Glad it's in my collection now :)

Mariame
Mariame

I was given a sample of this and i find it wonderful.It is dark and mysterious .I wish i could find a bottle of this old version.

Lilyrose
Lilyrose

How I loved this fragrance. It belonged to a friend of mine in college back in the 80's. I put it on at for our night in the town. Next day I had to see my (very cute) dentist, who compemented me on my frangrance. If I could only find a bottle of this precious stuff.... Actually I like a lot of the Yves Rocher fragances, especially if you consider the price. Another one of my favorites is the more recent So elixer, one of my favourites. Great lasting power too, just like Venice.

Nuusutaja
Nuusutaja

To previous. Try Must de Cartier or Hypnotic Poison by Dior. Maybe even Python by Trussardi or Obsession for men. These are quite same type of fragrances as Venice.

I liked Venice so much. Please help me to find the resembling aromat. I tried Obsession Calvin Klein but it is not the same.

Hi Jedi!
GREAT review!! I was wondering about the staying power you mentioned. One of the main characteristics of this house is the staying power, at least of their vintages (like Venice and Ispahan etc.), the Secret D'essences and the new So Elixir. Did you ever try those perfumes? I would rate them the best out there in terms of sillage and staying power.
Good luck!

jedikitty
jedikitty

Very pretty, very feminine - velvety, romantic, mysterious. Not for the girly-girl, but rather for the "lady" in you.
Strong-smelling... unfortunately, too strong for me.

The elegant, dark red bottle always made me think of a formal, black tie night at the opera...

I'd say this fragrance is better suited for a night out. Too strong for the office or even a day use, unless you proceed with extreme caution.
Lasting power better than most YR scents.

I Finally have the vintage bodylotion..........ahhhh....heaven...

I used to own the body lotion of this perfume as well, back in the 90's. I was wanting to have that again, but nobody is selling the lotion. So I read in one of my perfume books that if you mix the perfume with perfume free lotion, you can make that yourself! So yesterday I tried that and it worked GREAT!!! Of course I miss the joy of the original bottle and using the original lotion, but this 'home made' lotion does the trick as an add on to the perfume.

So I will be doing this home made lotion maiking with the vintage Orchidee as well. Should you ever ever find that lotion, MY GOD buy it!! It is heaven on earth as well!

guest_lanochka
guest_lanochka

Dear guest_Ms.Pink do you honestly have some bottles in stock?lets make my mom happy,because she crazy for that perfume.Please let me kmow how can i get it:)

geegee
geegee

I always wore this perfume back in the 80's & totally adored it.

I was a huge fan of Yves Rocher perfumes before anyone else had even heard of YR.

This was the fragrance that began my love affair with vanilla based perfumes & heady orientals.

Its sensual & warm & probably the only perfume i can still smell in my mind, id love to be able to get hold of this again.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Oooo! When I ordered my mini bottle based on notes I did not see that this is from 1986! Well, I am going to ignore that, because I liked how it smelled before I saw that it's from 1986! I love all things 80's especially underground music from the era so, meh!It smells beautiful to me..kind of reminds me of Rochas Alchimie, but not a whole lot. I am happy to have a mini bottle of this!

miszliz
miszliz

my mother used to wear!thats why i love it! ( but not on me, or another somebody under at least 35;) )

AmberLove
AmberLove

I ordered the re-edition bottle, it was on a special offer, so I bought two. The best part of this scent is its vanillaish drydown...yummie!
I am so glad to discover that the scent is still the same! Wish it came as a spray, nevertheless....
I am happy to posess it again!!!

swedeangel
swedeangel

too strong and heady for me ,oldfashioned in a bad way ,not with charm ,but just outdated.

9154mf
9154mf

I have to agree with allexa 27 on this, this has a very 'old' feel to it, like its a perfume that would have been great in the late 80's for example. Alex I dont think you got a bad bottle i think that's just how it smells. It reminds me a bit of Obsession and a bit of Guerlain's Shalimar which Im also not a fan of. Its rich and heavy, i must say all the notes are really well blended, you don't pick out each note separately but its like a creamy sandal-vanilla-musk with subtle hints of jasmine and rose. It is nice but not really what i want to wear considering there are so many amazing perfumes out there these days.

allexa27
allexa27

i dont know where is the problem?Maybe my bottle was not right and out dated or maybe this is too oldish kinda smell..I didnt like it at all.I smell lots of aldehydes in it...

guest_Ms. Pink
guest_Ms. Pink

Venice by Yves Rocher is one of the most beautiful, sensual oriental fragrance ever made.
I am fragrance-junkie and I know hundreds of scents, but I wear Venice since over 20 years now. VENICE "knows" all my secrets, my happiness, my sadness, my good and bad days. VENICE is me. It's a little similar to Obsession, but softer, more creamy, vanillic, and feminine. It's a unique oriental and I like the cinnamon in that warm fragrance.
I have some old bottles in stock :))

nelzzone
nelzzone

One of my first perfumes. Now I found its brother: Midnight Rain, La Prairie. Incredibly good! Looks elder, deeper, much experienced, rich, expensive.

Now I need to know why companies decide to discontinue fragrances... on which basis? Venice, Ispahan, and Vie Privée were very nice fragrances from YR. Well, also cheaper than my usual tastes, but Venice was different. I still have a very old miniature of this together with a miniature of 8eme Jour (who remembers?) and wouldn't like to give away. I think I smelled some galbanum in Venice, even if I didn't know what galbanum is back in time. Actually no galbanum is shown in the list.
I don't easily get single notes in Venice, rather an overall perception of warmth, opulence, red velvet curtains, gold, sunset. I think the old ad conjured up this imagery for me. It was extremely elegant, feminine and rich.
It reminds me of beloved Samsara, even if they don't bear so many similarities. Venice smells much much cheaper than Samsara, especially the one I knew at that age!
If I could find a bottle of Venice for good price in the original beautiful dark red design i would probably buy it.
Unfortunately Yves Rocher is doing a mess. I could reach a shop by car. They closed it. I just made it in time to buy Tendre Jasmin and Rose Absolue at 40% discount :-)

morgataria
morgataria

My first perfume ever.I was around 7-8 years old and it´s was a creme-pefume in a beautiful small bottle(I still got it).I will never forget this one.So amazing!Thanks to this one I early discovered oriental,sweet and spicy perfumes.I allways prefer that kind of scents and I´m sure it`s because of my first perfume-love:Venice=)

dobi
dobi

This was my first perfume and it was a love at the firs sniff. With it on me I felt special and got many, many compliments.This is my favorite perfume ever.I miss you Venice so much!

katyas
katyas

I love Venice - I never realized what a lovely scent it was until too late, when they discontinued it here in the U.S. Now they have apparently re-issued it (and another favorite of mine, Ispahan), but ONLY in the European street stores. This is good on one hand - maybe eventually they'll come back to the U.S.? - and bad on the other - why don't we in the U.S. get the good stuff??? Venice is sexy, sweet, spicy and oh so nice! I'm going to be watching eBay and hope to get some more at some point, since I have only a mini size, which I've been parceling out carefully.

Malegria

I was told by a company manager that they don`t plan to relaunch Venice in USA. I was pretty disappointed, so I went on Ebay and got a bottle, a mini one. I don`t know if it`s because the perfume is old - seller claimed it was pure perfume, but it is EDP for sure - but it smells more light then before, and less distinct.Oh well. I still like it.

guest_Nikita
guest_Nikita

Hi, I miss Venice too. I keep the last flacon for special moments. There's isn't any parfume which can compete with you. When do you come back in the Yves Rocher parfume line?

Malegria

Venice, I miss you.You simply have to come back to me. I was looking for you in so many other fragrances and always find them just not quite satisfying enough. You gave me, a 10 year old girl, a strong belief in my future feminine charms...Like a thief, I sneaked to my Mother`s make up table, to hold you in my arms and inhale your beauty, wishing I deserved you, wishing I was the woman you were made for - gorgeous, tall, dark haired and heavy-lided, living in the 16th century and wearing a long deep red velvet dress with golden embroidery.I never became this lady, being rather washed out and never magnificient, but the confidence stayed with me as long as I remembered the smell of it - Venice.

Nuppu

Ok, it has been almost twenty years since i last time have this, and new re-edition was nice suprise. Does it smell same that I remember? Do I still like it, have my nose and taste chances to different types since teenage?...

Well, Venice is still lovely, it's funny how familiar fragrance bring back those carefree days of school and boys...Venice is slightly powdery and dry vanilla with musk, comfortable and easy to wear, warm and sensual, like dark red velvet. Excellent for colder days.

Re-edition do have new, stylish bottle that is difficult to open, even with instructions on packace. I would have prefered old red one, but I'm happy to even get this one again, no matter of case.

guest_PLEASE BRING BACK
guest_PLEASE BRING BACK

I LOVED Venice Perfume, and shopped faithfully when you carried it. I always ended up buying other stuff too..but nothing compared to Venice..I no longer shop with you, and MAYBE you will consider getting Venice back, and then you'll recieve new orders from me again.
It was a REAL LOSS!

Nuppu

Like Marianne wrote, there is new re-edition on this, Ispahan and Vie Privee (I just got the YR letter offering first two) and i'm now stuggling with myself if I do order or don't, and which one? Hard life :)...

p.s. Who am I kidding? I ordered Venice.

Marianne

In Europe, the fragrance has been discontinued, as well, but one year ago, a re-edition of it has been introduced. I'm sure about that because I tested it here in Austria.

Marianne

Actually, there IS a new edition of this fragrance. The bottle looks like the ones of Vie Privée and En avril un soir which are also new editions of old Yves Rocher fragrances.

This was so good then!

guest_Maria
guest_Maria

This perfume calls my soul day and night. It is a fragrance of my memories, my youth and my present. Made for me.
I remember of getting this perfume for a Christmas present many years ago. And now, after a quite some time, I again find this warm and fantasizing fragrance excellent for my all use.
If given a permission I could rename this perfume as Renaissance.
It really brings me colours and essences of that manifique epoque!

I have found my fragrance, again. Venice gives me something that words can't really tell. There is something of my childhood, something blue, and something bright, delicious that has no name
yet.

Who has created this perfume? They must have bee there, in Venice, and seen it's nightly views of purple and gold, and felt the mist of never-ending epoque.

I warmly recommend this unforgettable fragrance and i thank it's wonderful creators.

Summary: A fragrance of remembrance and now

Venice by Yves Rocher 3.99 out of 5 based on 216 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Venice fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Venice, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Venice by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Venice by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.