Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Yria Yves Rocher for women

Yria Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Yria by Yves Rocher is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Yria was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Bruyere. Top notes are coriander, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are magnolia, gardenia, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli and vanilla.

Coriander Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Magnolia Gardenia Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Vanilla

Allure

Yria Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

I find this very similar to Allure Sensuelle - it is a lovely, soft amber/sandalwood scent that is not too sweet, not too powdery. It is warm without being spicy, which is nice. It seems very fruited to me on the opening, like Allure Sensuelle, but not with the listed mandarin. Instead, I detect more peach. The galactone that Sophia Grojsman made so popular, maybe?

CPelly82
CPelly82

This was my very first perfume I ever owned and I still use it as of today. Very warm and elegant. This is wonderful for a night out dancing or an outdoor get together. The amber and sandalwood really shines through in this little gem. Very sophisticated and timeless.

Sherihan
Sherihan

I came here just to say that Yria remind me of Allure by Chanel, and I found that others say that too. I was wearing it tonight and noticed that. I love it, even with that "copy cat" air . The bottle,oh, masterpiece, nothing like it in moderns, remindes me of old Paul Poire perfume bottles, kind of Art Deco style...

naen
naen

Gorgeous bottle... it's like a poem itself. You have to touch it, admire its shapes in different lights.
The scent can be some day a bit too mature (and, dare to admit, common in the opening). Close to the skin, round, more like an intimate scent. I can feel its creamy quality after the first hour and also i can say it does smell different applied on the clothes. Like any other perfumes i have, one spray goes on the back of my head; the hair, especially freshly washed, has this quality of keeping the scent longer. Yria, you are a lady.

Fräulein Schill
Fräulein Schill

Very pretty deep smell. At first thought, hey it reminds me of Amber Elixir from Oriflame but a few minutes after it has gone completely different, so much pure coriander and fresh mandarin and much more expensive and long lasting. Yves Rocher definitely the first in my list and am proud of their assortiment of excellent products. Nothing stays at the same level as some of Yves Rocher perfumes.

daliflora
daliflora

Lovely soft oriental, full of grown-up zest for life. Very feminine and alluring, though in a close-to-the-skin way. Very French and classic, suitable for those who enjoy good things that do not change quickly, nor loose their charm.

Jacobi
Jacobi

I have Birmane bodylotion and the smell come close to Yria edp.
I have two bottles of edp and first i don't like the fragrance but maybe because i'm getting older my taste chances. I appreciate it greatly!

Lakambini
Lakambini

Gorgeous bottle, and beautiful complex sexy-mature fragrance that is fast becoming one of my favorites. This is musky, fruity and vanillic on my skin, but on fabric (I have taken to applying a bit to my pillow at night), the woodiness is more prominent. I do get the similarities to Chanel Allure. Curiously, there is something in the heart that reminds me of Dune – an aromatic, powdery element. On fabric, this facet stays to the dry-down. I'd go so far as to say I probably won't be getting that full bottle of Dune I've been lemming for, because I already have this fragrance.

The bottle of Yria I have was bought from Yves Rocher's official site in spring 2013; I wonder if there's been a reformulation because it seems rather different from other reviewer's experiences of it, and a vintage mini I also have seems quite woody, no green.

sistermoon
sistermoon

Yria, to me, smells a lot like earl grey tea which is traditionally composed of black tea and bergamot oil. It has that bittersweet dark-yet-invigorating quality, which comes from the intensity of black tea and citrussy freshness of bergamot. Tea is not listed as a note here, so I guess this is just an impression I get from the combination of other notes.

There is also a lot more to Yria besides earl grey. There are white flowers, as stated above; I do get whiffs of blooming gardenia and bitter jasmine. But these floral notes don't dominate by any means. There is also an oldfashioned lipstick note- you know that sweet, waxy, slightly musty scent that lipsticks used to have... And a comforting warmth and subtle sweetness of amber and tonka.

All this works perfectly together and results in a gorgeous old-fashioned feminine fragrance with a classic quality. For some reason I imagine Audrey Horne from Twin Peaks would wear it, because like her, this fragrance is a perfect blend of darkness and sensuality. A femme fatale if you will. :)

I used to own the elixir version (red bottle) as well, but that was long ago. I remember it as drier and sharper than the original. I believe this one is sweeter, balmier and overall more "approachable", but I'd like to revisit the elixir to see if I might appreciate it better now that I'm older and (hopefully!) wiser.

Hallonix
Hallonix

My mom used Yria many years, since she was 40 something. This fragrance smelled divine on her. I think she has forgotten this scent, so I ordered EDP for her as a birthday present. How can I keep my paws off it? I really want to try it on me, even if it might not smell as lovely on my skin..

Edit. Oh no, on my skin this is not even the same perfume than on my mother. Well... It was worth of trying. I let her keep this one as her signature scent.

Kysyona
Kysyona

It took me a few sniffs to figure out, what I make of Yria, and I didn't even begin to consider it a possibility for myself until I actually received a bottle FOC with my order. As soon as I unpacked it - i realized that I like the flakon itself too much to give it away! I have 30ml EDP Yria Elixir ( I thínk ) - the bottle is metallic deep red, not see-through, a spray type with plastic cap that has a golden ring at the bottom. The metallic smooth and heavy shape is so pleasant to hold that i even forgot about the scent for a few moments, and when I finally applied it on my hand (as opposed to trying it before only on a paper stick ), I was a simply in awe, how beautifully it works on a warm "living" surface: i am convinced it needs warmth of human skin to really open up and I do believe those reviewers who have dry skin and who have experienced the dustiness and powderness of Yria that I don't really track in it: this perfume most likely needs extra skin moisture, so combo and oily girls like myself probably have a little of an advantage here. I didn't try to sniff too much into the initial burst of notes since this is not what we actually wear anyway, and as soon as it dried down - oh wow, the heavenly bergamot!! Sadly, it is so rare that thisbeauuuuuuutiful element takes the centre stage in the grand perfumery show, but when it does - it can always be relied upon to breathe life and freshness into the most peppery scent out there without resorting to the alcoholic tackiness. Yria is making the most of bergamot's properties: it is dark, velvety-purple, a rather thick brew, yet fresh and not overdone, and bergamot works here like a window pushed open in a room with a steaming pot brimful of florals and spices. Very dignified and womanly, a perfume with a sense of tact: it surfaces up just enough to brush politely against other's noses and then it retreats back and stays close the skin, noticeable but not overwhelming for any foreign nose in a "sniffing" radius. Too polite for festivities, but a 100% success for daily wear in cold seasons.

babel
babel

Out of all my Yves Rocher this is my fave. So is the entire Yria series, especially the lipsticks. But they all have vanished from the US website and only found on the Spanish one.

Anyway, this is very light oriental no head tones for me, goes right into dry down. Almost imperceptible sillage and as with most Yves Rocher perfumes, almost non-existant longevity. Very feminine thought.

Fruity? Really??? Oriental, yes. Woody, yes. Gardenia, maybe. Fruity, not a chance.

This is for the EDP, the only one available in the US.

The elixir de perfume, (acquired in Spain) is a tad longer lasting, but still extremely discrete.

BTW, what a pity YR stopped including samples in their mailing... Not only were they great to carry around, but perfect introduction into their products, most of which I ordered after having tried the samples. I have ordered nothing since they stopped including samples...

Sweet_pea_eng
Sweet_pea_eng

You need to use just a small drop of it on your wrist, then it is wonderful. If you use it generously, it will suffocate you mercilessly.

SouthLondonGirl
SouthLondonGirl

I absolutely love Yria (and big fan of Yves Rocher in general) it's a wonderful winter scent - warm, slightly sweet and just a touch of 'come hither'. Another blind buy from ebay, but no regrets as I wear it often.

Excellent longevity and silage on me. Recommend this fragrance if you want to smell delicous. It's not fashionable but it is lovely.

rowiena
rowiena

Another blind buy...,but I like this one, nice soft oriental smell.

ssaminn
ssaminn

I agree whit what SPOILEDnose said, it's really heavy but there is nothing unique at all and the amber is so strong it's like you can't smell anything else... there is no mystery no journey of notes coming one after the other...

derya
derya

great scent. i recommed this if it would had more staying power. it is neither cheap or expensive.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

This is a lovely scent when testing from the mini bottle. when sprayed from the full sized bottle, it is so light and stays that way on me that it is hardly worth using. Maybe others can smell it but I can not. Maybe my sence of smell is going, just entered my 60's! I find that all of Yves Rocher's newer perfumes are just too light for me. Vintage scents work for me!

Really a great alternative to those you love Allure, but don't want to pay the high price. I myself am not so fan of either perfumes but I can sure tell the resemblence! And Yria not being a weak interpretation of Allure, I find them very similar all over.

nastyamason
nastyamason

One of my favorites and one of the best from Yves Rocher. Elegant and stylish! Received a lot of compliments when wearing Yria. Absolutely love it!

reavyan
reavyan

Ah Yria... We have history together. This was my first real love affair with a perfume. The first time I smelled it, I was still in high-school. It was love at first sniff, but so "mature"! Unrequited love.

So I waited patiently, getting by on the occasional taste of the paper samples that arrived with the regular YR cataloges. A few years passed and I surrendered to my Yria cravings and acquired a mini.

Perfection on my skin. It didn't turn sour as so many floral scents tend to. It was beautiful in the bottle and grew even more so upon warming on my skin. I wore the EDP all through my university years, my first signature scent. It would linger on my shawls forever, surrounding me in a private little cloud of deliciousness. "The art of being a woman," is the line for this perfume and that is so head-on. It is just that, womanly. It made me feel so feminine, so sensual.

In all honesty, I don't see why this is listed as a fruity-floral. Yria is a floral oriental perfume, with rich sandalwood and amber dancing with roses, jasmine and bergamot. It's sweet but not saccharine, powdery but not in a baby-powder way. Yria is just right, and after writing this, I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle again, if only just a mini.

pompous
pompous

I'm not sure whether I despise or love this perfume(I have the EDP). It smells very mature on my skin, and I'm not quite sure if I'm able to pull it off. I'd love this scent on a woman in her 30s through 50s though. It smells like a strong independent woman.

loonad
loonad

love this perfume..very sexy and comforting..long lasting on my skin.

sashapoppy
sashapoppy

This is a lovely fruity-oriental that goes great with cooler weather. Top notes of plum,bergamot and other citruses gives way to heady florals-definately rose,and just a touch of jasmine ( but not enough to drive away this jasmine hater). The drydown reveals a base of spices and exotic woods. Lovely, lovely stuff; and even better when layered over YRIA ELIXER, a more intense version with heavier plum, rose and incense notes. Because of its opulant, intense nature I wouldnt recommend it for a younger woman (but in saying that I DONT mean youll end up smelling like grandma when you wear it). Do you know that one piece of clothing that never fails to make you feel sexy, confident and glamourous? For me its Yria perfume.

Lilii
Lilii

Though I did not have a good experience with mini perfume, when winter comes I crave for Yria again :) I miss this rich warm flowery juice...I agree this is a woman scent, not girly but there is sth warm and unique about the scent that makes me feel safe and secure,like a hug :)

SheShe
SheShe

I had two bottles of Yria a few years ago. The smell was classy and oriental. I was about 25/6 when I was wearing it and I felt like a mature woman in Yria - mature in the sense of being stylish, classy, confident, warm and a woman, not a girl.

BearysHoney
BearysHoney

Not bad. The perfume's a bit strong and "mature" smelling for me but I did like the body lotion version which seemed to have a little lighter scent to me.

I myself would say this not to be Yves Rocher Venice, but Yves Rocher Yria. They are really similar. Both not my favorites actually!

melbritt24
melbritt24

Bought the glittery shower gel and body lotion years ago when I first discovered Yves Rocher company but I did not like the fragrance. Too powerful for my tastes. I favored Ming Shu back then. I do like the scent of Yria but not on me. I gifted my grandmother the remaining body lotion and she loved it so I bought her a bottle for her birthday! She loves it!

Update: I decided to give this fragrance another go and so I ordered a mini from the YR website. I definitely appreciate it more than I used to. It is very powerful in the opening and so I apply with a light touch.

MissLola
MissLola

Beautyfull scent, verry long lasting and classy.

Maeva
Maeva

I also think this is more an oriental fragrance. A fruity oriental, perhaps.
Well, they are not the same at all, but Yria reminds me a little of its wealthier sister Alien. Their father, Laurent Bruyere, created them to be rather similar. Both have a very remarkable oriental touch and are enticingly mysterious compositons of woodsy notes, amber and jasmine. But of course a regular Yves Rocher fragrance, with its terribly poor staying power, can't compete with such a beautiful and unique work of art as Bruyere and Ropion's Alien. Still, Yria is sensual and subtly elegant in its own lovely way.

It's an elegant scent that comes along like a classic. For me it's not my type. It's smelling too old-fashioned for me.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This is one of those perfumes that smelled horrible to me, but I had bought the bottle and decided to wear it anyway. I had people complimenting me all day long, from my kids to the grocery store clerk. It must have worked with my body chemistry. So there in lies one of a frangitician's dilemma's...do I wear it because it smells great on me to every one elses nose, even though I don't care for it, or toss the bottle?! Ahhh....one of my great life decisions...! :)

LaPetite
LaPetite

Seems like an oriental floral to me too !
Quite fresh at first the citrus notes are obvious , BUT applied on the skin it quickly becomes a basic amber-ish , Vanilla , rose scent . Very ordinary . Maybe it scents differently if sprayed on the clothes rather than on the skin ( I tried it with a sample wipe ) It also seems strangely familiar to me , probably because it is very ordinary .

lilou
lilou

My mother had it and I liked it. So I purchased it. At this time it was a mistake : it suits better to mature women, elegant, who want soft perfumes. It was not for me.
A few years after, I wore it a few times and I liked its warmth, the smell of flowers, very present.
The lasting power is very good.
N-B : I was surprised when I tested Flowerbomb again : it's like a sweet Yria to me. Perhaps because of vanilla and white flowers.

I now have the vintage bodylotion, and in combination with the lotion the fragrance becomes more interesting to me.
It is quite special if you give it a chance!

There are three versions of this fragrance (eau de perfum is the only one still available in the US)...

Elixir de Parfum-the strongest one:
TOP: bergamot, corriander
HEART: magnolia
rose, jasmine
gardenia
BASE: amber, tonka bean, sandal,
patchouli, vanilla

Eau de Parfum-next strongest:
TOP: bergamot, corriander
HEART: jasmine sambac, rose, muguet
BASE: sandalwood, musk, vanilla

Eau de Toilette-the lightest:
TOP: green mandarin
HEART: jasmine and rose
BASE: sandalwood, white musk

Elixir was available in a 30 ml spray bottle, opaque red in color and similar in shape to the EDP above...(my fave!)

EDP is available in a mini (7.5 ml) coffret, 30 ml spray, 50 ml spray and 100 ml spray. Clear flacon, red cap and gold juice...(pictured above)

EDT was available only in a 75 ml spray and had a bottle like the EDP and almost clear juice...(Yria "summer")

I will (eventually) post reviews for all three! :-)

NB: Yves Rocher descibes this as a floral oriental (floriental)

guest_Lili
guest_Lili

This perfume is not fruity at all. I like the smell, but there is a big drawback with it that makes me disappointed they have used a lot of alcohol in it, it gives me asthma when I apply it. the smell is nice but not the quality.

Yes Pretty, it is indeed an oriental floral with elements of vanilla. Floral Fruity is not the suggestion it gives.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I`ve had this perfume for years. I didn`t like it and just forget it even exist. Today I was going through my drawers and found it. I almost through it away but decided to try it first. And it`s really nice! At first a bit sharp, but then it becomes soft, warm, creamy floral vanilla, with a hint of spice. Definitely oriental floral/vanilla!

This perfume is made by such a great nose, but unfortunately it does not belong to my Yves Rocher favorites. I do like it though.
:-)

guest_Danielle
guest_Danielle

not a huge fan but it is elagant but for someone around their 30's lol I have it but never have wore it.

kraxa
kraxa

Nauticaa you are absolutely right- there is something "aged" in this smell, it appealed to me, but I could never wear it myself, so I got it for my Gran, and I used to get an odd sniff without being exposed to it too much.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I agree with everything that Malegria said about this perfume. It is amazing that we experience it in such a similar way! yes, I also think that this is a floral oriental, perhaps more floral than oriental, but definitely not floral fruity. It is a solid fragrance, well made, lasting, but without much personality. Unlike many other fragrances, I cannot describe what does it offer me. However, when it rains (and where I live it rains A LOT!) I crave it. Its sweetness turns into warmth in the rain, like a cup of tea with honey and a warm blanket muffling the sound of rain on the windows. I wanted to give it away because of this lack of originality, but don't think I could. Unless I move somewhere where it never rains...

Malegria
Malegria

The gray amber in it`s glory, Yria is a great quality floral oriental. I just can`t see it as a floral fruity, there must be a mistake! Though it does not strike as being original - you probably can mistake it for smth else of that nature - it is a very well made scent for a woman who wants to feel both feminine and bold.It wraps around you like a shimmery warm veil or a shawl made out of the softest wool.The lasting power is really good.
For amber lovers, definitely.I don`t feel any patchouli in it, unfortunately.

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

@ Peedho: I live in Netherland en it's for sale there, so I guess it's still for sale in some other European countries too... my mother has a bottle of it.

guest_motia
guest_motia

the male version is called eryo it has got purple colour, and eryo blue/// its not presented in the list

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I received a small sample bottle of this thanks to TRIPLEX! I had never heard of this before, so I sniffed it in the bottle. In the bottle, it only smelled "so-so"....but when I put it on me, I thought it was quite lovely! I can smell the fruity aroma initially...but it's not citrusy like a tart lemon. It was a bit sweet...but not syrupy (IMHO). But after a while, it turned into a lovely bouquet of flowers on me. How perfectly lovely! I honestly don't think it's old fashioned at all. It was quite charming on my skin. The sweetness and fruit notes remained in the background so as not to make it too fuity or too sweet....but balancing the florals notes very well. I enjoyed this fragrance. Thank you TRIPLEX! =)

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

Smells good , but not my type ...too strong and sweet

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i liked this perfume until i bought it and started wearing it... no way i'll use it again. i've already gave it away. too heavy... you can't wear this on a regular basis... unless you are 60.

sarselia
sarselia

for me this perfume is more like oriental very oriental and i personally don't like it at all.
it is heavy sweet and for me it is not ok.

vertigo
vertigo

To me Yria is fruity-oriental.
It's a very feminine, a bit sweet, sensual and mature fragrance.
I think, for a woman who has sexappeal, but loves advanced and classy elegance, a warm and optimistic woman.
It smells better in the evening, but independent and mature women can wear it also during the day.

nauticaa
nauticaa

I love Yria. It is a little bit old fashioned and predictable, but nevertheless, classy. It gives me confidence. Something for more mature women, don't condsider it if you're a teen.

katyas
katyas

I got a bottle of this - oh, it smelled SO nice ... until I put it on. Yuck - it just REEKED on me. I had to sell it, because I'd keep forgetting and using it. Definitely try it before you buy it!

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

Its very Classic, long lasting, but NOT unique at all, it`s just so heavy sweet, it has no unique note... boring...

guest_ROB
guest_ROB

THIS PERFUME DRIVES ME CRAZY, ILL FOLLOW A WOMAN AROUND JUST TO SMELL
IT.. I HAVE NO DEFENCES AGAINST IT LOL
THX

SO WEAR IT

Yria by Yves Rocher 3.73 out of 5 based on 344 ratings and 56 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Yria fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Yria, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Yria by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Yria by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.