Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women

Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

I have it: 961 I had it: 876 I want it: 562 My signature: 30

Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Baby Doll is fun and elegant fragrance with unusually fresh and youthful gourmand charm. Baby Doll woman is charming, playfully seductive-sha has a wonderful sense of humour. Top notes are fresh and full of zest with the notes of blackcurrant, orange, apple, and pineapple. Heart notes include a feminine floral bouquet made of rose, freesia, lily of the valley and heliotrope. Base notes are warm and incensy; cedar, sandal, tonka and vanilla. Baby Doll perfume was created by Cecile Matton while the bottle was designed by Saint Gobain. This perfume received a Fifi award in 2000. Baby Doll was created by Ralf Schwieger and Cecile Matton.

Orange Pineapple Black Currant Apple

Very Irresistible L`Eau en Rose

Baby Doll Fragrance Reviews

galaxy86
galaxy86

When I first sprayed this, I smelt pineapple and rose. This is only perfume I have smelt in which pineapple actually smells good and not too citrusy sweet. It might be cause tartness of apple (not the green apple smell which I am not fond of). And then its all flowers especially rose and freesia(uplifting and beautiful like brand new day). Which stays till sandal, vanilla and tonka (not too dominant in this perfume) come out. I think rose and freesia stays even in dry down and tonka is very subtle but sandalwood and vanilla gives that incense like smell that I love from shalimar.
Update: Sandalwood stays from top to bottom notes. It is not as dominant in top notes but is there. And is dominant in dry down.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I like this scent, it's cute and fun. It's extremely citrusey in my opinion, at first I thought it was grapefruit but now I realize it's pineapple and orange. I keep smelling the strip because it's so pleasant, like a day at the beach! I am not sure I could sport this on my skin though because it's a very powerful citrus, even though it has all the notes I usually love. To me it's a tad too air freshener for my particular chemistry. But all around very nice and pleasant. Too bad this scent is only about $35 at the drug store!

MorbidPrincess
MorbidPrincess

I don't usually like fruity florals, but something about the notes in this made me want to try it. I was able to pick up half of a used 30ml bottle on eBay for only £5 and so eagerly awaited it. It arrived this morning. When I first sprayed it, I thought I'd made a mistake and there was no way I would like it. But then after a few minutes I had another sniff. The rose and blackcurrant are equally noticeable, but the sweetness of the blackcurrant is tempered by the sandalwood and cedar. I get a beautifully rounded woody fruity/floral which I am happy to say that I really love! It's not the kind of fragrance that I could wear on a hot day as I think the blackcurrant would be too overpowering, but on a cool day such as today, the combination is warm and comforting.

Hellita
Hellita

OK, I might have done something stupid. I ordered this online yesterday (blind buy) based on many great reviews in here. I was very happy with my decision until I found one review that said Baby Doll is similar to Gucci Envy Me (YIKES)! For some reason I can't stand Envy Me. I really hope this is not the case. If I've just ordered another version of Envy Me I'm gonna get rid of it right away. Please Baby Doll, make me love you! I'm looking forward to trying it on and see. I'll come back with a review after I've tried it.
EDIT: I changed my order as I was scared off by the comparison to Gucci Envy me.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I always wanted to try Baby Doll. The bottle was adorable and the notes sounded juicy and fresh. And in that respect, this fragrance doesn't disappoint. What stands out most on me is sugared grapefruit and a very realistic pineapple, right down to the burn from the Bromelain enzyme. As the fragrance progresses it opens up to the rose and freesia and cedar, with a smooth vanilla and tonka that never strays from sweet...but with a name like "Baby Doll" who would expect it to?

I especially appreciate the end stages of this perfume. It calls to mind the scent of expensive makeup. Not overly done. Just polished.

ncolep
ncolep

i have wanted this perfume since it came out in the 1990s grapefruit was not as common as it is now and this smelled different. can i just say i have never gone wrong with a YSL fragrance.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

What the hell YSL.. LMAO, this perfume is grassy with some rose oil. I definitely didn't purchase this even though it's going sooo cheap now - there's a reason why.

lirael00
lirael00

I love the name of this one. Baby doll-it's just too cute. It's for the young ones and those who are young at heart. I get the spicy rose and then it turns into a more soapy rose, but not the bad one.. It stays close to your skin. On me it leasted for about 6 hours. It's not too sweet or too fruity or anything like that. It's very innocent sophisticated everyday scent. Cute!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I tried this on at the same time as Cartier's Goutte de Rose, both light rose scents but with GdR being the more simple one and this with a more fruity edge.

Well, it turned out to be more than a fruity edge. For the first fifteen minutes this smelled like a fruit basket on me. Then it went from a fruit basket to pure fruit punch for the next couple of hours until the rose started to peak through invoking a tropical garden somewhere.

It's not sickeningly sweet or anything, and I don't dislike fruity notes, it just wasn't what I was hoping for. The pineapple was especially strong on my skin, meanwhile the sandalwood took five or so hours to show up and even then was barely there.

Recommended for anyone who's looking for a fruity, tropical rose.

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

Baby Doll by YSL on my skin is nice rosy scent, which dries dorwn to a soft sandalwood.
The rose is not overly sweet, despite the pineapple and heliotrope notes. It is emphasized by the black currant at the begining and later blends with the cedar.
I didn't catch the orange or the vanilla notes, fortunately ( I'm not a big fan of those two)!
Over all it's very pretty rose, but IMO nothing special. May be in hot weather would reveal itself in a better way!

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

This perfume caught my attention because of the name and the darling bottle. So cute! Fortunately for me, the smell was AWESOME as well. The first few times I sprayed it, I thought it was fresh and citrusy and very fruity. But the next few times I smelled it I could really pick up on the strong rose scent. When I sprayed it on myself, my guy friend who happened to be on the couch next to me said it smelled REALLY GOOD. He actually said " That smells like what the perfume Stella SHOULD smell like.(He had an x who wore stella and he loved it, but apparently he loved Baby doll even more which says a lot cause he always raved about stella) It is very fresh, girly, an playful. I'd say this one is definitely worth having in your collection.

UPDATE: Since I wrote the review, I went back into my closet and sprayed this perfume on my shirt so I could "experience" it again.hmmmmm....First I thought it smelled ready good, it made me want to eat an orange. which I did..now I am watching a movie and I keep catching whiffs of it. To be quite honest, it is making me feel a little nauseous, maybe a little too bright and synthetic. I dont' know but I am going to keep it anyway and still wear it occasionally. I definitely could not wear this daily that is for sure.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

fresh spicy with a strong rose background. The spice is almost like a rosewater it fades and reappears in the first hour and the settles to a rosey soapy scent.

amna723
amna723

This perfume straight up fruity guava. I personally smelled nothing else. If you're into sophisticated scents skip this one.

DEAR READERS
Hello,please tell me:is there any NEW perfume very similar to BABY DOLL,but new one,please answer me

krayolakolorz
krayolakolorz

Oh my GOSH! I love, love, LOVE this perfume. I smelled it ages ago and I finally decided to get myself a bottle. Im sure I've owned it before now but it's just gorgeous. The bottle is amazing. The shape is so unique like a little top or a mini diamond.

It's like enjoying a fruit salad while sitting in a rose garden. Tangy like an orange starbust, grapefruit fizz, summery pineapple with a luscious spring rose. This is not a sweet scent and I absolutely love it.

My eyes cross when I first spray it JUST MMM MMM! Eating the last pieces of that super juicy fruit salad when the juice trickles into the bowl, and you take that spoon and fish it out because it's just so friggin delicious! That is how Baby Doll smells!

LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!!

sierramae
sierramae

It was another case of love at first sniff for me with this perfume. I tested it, asked Hubby to smell it too and we both were smitten in an instant.

He definitely loves it on me. I also get heaps of compliments both from the ladies and the men at work. I remember walking into a store one day with my hubby. As soon as the automatic doors gave way to us, the ladies at the store caught a whiff of Babydoll and they were like, "Will it be rude to ask which scent you are wearing? It's just so lovely."

So yes, for me it is a great day time scent, perfect for spring and summer. It is not overpowering but has a girlirsh, naughty character in it. Definitely lives up to its name.

ShinyHair
ShinyHair

Here I was expecting some kind of fruity floral and all I got was a soapy, synthetic laundry detergent smell. :(

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Swapped a Chopard Happy Spirit for this baby. Yummo! The fruits I was hoping for but didn't get in Happy Spirit are here in Baby Doll! Very fruity at first then settles to a fruity rose. Also, it's a kind of old fashioned rose smell but the fruit keeps it young (if that makes sense). Sweet but not sickening sweet thankfully. And the bottle is adorable. I'm not one to keep bottles (I don't like dust collecters!) but some of the frags I've bought lately have such cute bottles I'm almost tempted to start!

Maddlesbubbles
Maddlesbubbles

Very very average.

fiouu

The warmer months are coming and this went from being my daytime fragrance to my going-out for summer nights scent, this is way too sweet for summer heat, to the point where it gets nauseating, and since I really favor this frag, I'll give it a rest for quite some time.

Yudum
Yudum

This perfume is lovely. Its funny but we bought it for my grandma years ago. I used to love to go up and hug and smell her. I think its for all ages and it makes you feel very swwet and ladylike

kayraven
kayraven

I was 14 when I fell in love with this fragrance and recieved it as a gift from my parents soon afterwards. Really liked this flowy flowery fruity light scent at first, however, in about half a year I became tired of it majorly because it is overly sweet. Looking back at it now, I think it's also quite obtrusive. So I had to throw it away before it was done. The packaging is a major disadvantage, it's not too convenient to carry this big diamond-looking bottle around in your bag. In overall this is probably a great spring/summer smell for teens and young girls if someone favors sweet fragrances.

Very, very fruity. Perfect for young ladies and for all ladies that feel young. Though it is quite sweet and not as refreshing as summer fragrance should be, I still think it is good for summer. Especially for summer evening, when it is not that hot.

mashuda
mashuda

I bought this as a pressie for a family member, but before giving it to her, I used it myself as I cudnt resist the cute bottle and the pink juice. At first it reminded me of a generic perfume from Avon that I didn't much care about.... and then suddenly my 11 year old son told me I smell fresh like shower gel! The more I thought about it, the more the smell grew on me. It became my fave fruity perfume and I esp love the grapefruit in this. It actuli smells like grapefruit. So fresh and the hints of florals and citruses are lovely!

VanilllaPrincess
VanilllaPrincess

Feminine, floral, floaty. The perfect fragrance for a perfect spring day.

aqua76239
aqua76239

hmm..I remember smelling it years ago and it definately had more grapefruit...I heard it was reformulated..sigh...I hate when they do that
I get very citrusy top notes actually mixed with green florals..this doesn't seem to separate those two..I smell absolutley nothing "oriental" as the bottom notes supposed to be..its very fresh, citrusy floral..
I would have liked it more but lasting power was totally horrendous on me...I sprayed myself all over nd couldn't even smell it after 15 min..not sure if this is my chemistry or this scent but I wouldn't buy it again..not worth it

Thurea
Thurea

Very bright, sweet and floral. I can imagine it being sickenly sweet on some people's skin, but on me it sits just right. Even though it's light, it has about 6-7 hours of lasting power on me. The rose is especially noticable, and even though rose is usually one of the notes I'm not too fond of, it really works in this perfume. I adore it!

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

Just a heads up ladies the notes for this fragrance have changed.If you go on the actual Yves Saint Laurant website it lists the notes and THERE is grapefruit as well as peach, black current and grenadine and I found the base notes are different as well no vanilla.It still smells good but it is different from the 2000 version.Reformulation craze will it ever end!?

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

Tested it today & I AM HOOKED ..Rosy (not just pink..) , feminine , like a girl who manages to be a REAL " Baby Doll ", seductive in her very young age but not childish or child like at all ..I don't know if you have seen this amazing movie from the 50's or read the play but this is certainly what the heroine would have smelled like or be like ...It reflects such playful personality without being in your face sexy or showing skin to prove it ....In Egypt we have a famous very soft dessert called "Malban" it's considered the sexiest dessert ever , it just smells like it ..I have always loved Malban :D

happygeisha
happygeisha

bought this when it premiered in 2000... spritzed it on this morning and it still smells FABULISCIOUS!

this shimmery-pink juice, with it charming glass bottle and golden cap, never ceases to amaze me both visually and scent-wise. it's a heady dose of sweet roses, black currents, citrus and pineapple that will transport you to a mystical place where unicorns run free over rolling hills of rainbows under cotton candy clouds. its up there with Angel in its sweet intensity and Harajuku's G in its utterly ridiculous cuteness. wear this fragrance and you will surely turn heads (and perhaps a few stomachs if you squirt more than two pumps, so user beware!). this has a powerful sillage.

JMekarwati-69
JMekarwati-69

I have this perfume gift from someone and just like it, but it's to sweet and like candy

Aeris
Aeris

I just ordered a full sized bottle online a few minutes after spraying some on from my sample vial. Within a minute, 2 coworkers walked into my office to say something smelled good. I was enjoying the scent as well (mainly pineapple and roses at first). Try it :D
Update: What's up with all the people swearing there's grapefruit in here? There's not. If there were, I would've washed it off right away and definitely wouldn't have bought a full bottle. Grapefruit is the note I detest most. Maybe people are confusing the mixture of pineapple, blackcurrant, apple, & orangeas grapefruit? Anyway, it's very rare that I buy full bottles of anything since I own about 100 perfumes. I mainly buy mini bottles. So for me to shell out the cash for a full bottle of anything these days speaks loads about how much I like it. Baby Doll is so sweet, innocent, playful, and all around gorgeous. It starts off very fruity, then thoe florals kick in (mainly rose), then vanilla and creamy woods round it out. Gorgeous. This is not just for teens. The young at heart will love this as well ;)
This is for the romantics out there. The blissfully, optimistic woman who radiates innocence and a desire for wholesome, pure love....with a touch of naivity.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I did not expect to like this fragrance as much as I do. I figured it would be similar to Versace Bright Crystal but Baby Doll is much better in my opinion. I liked Bright Crystal but it was just "okay." It smelled typical and generic. Baby Doll smells more "special" to my nose. On my skin I get a lot of rose and pineapple and the scent is juicy and refreshing. Not overly sweet and not cloying. A nice perfume for wearing during the warmer seasons. The bottle is also very cute and pretty. I gave away my bottle of Bright Crystal but Baby Doll is a keeper!

Jola 72

oh,what a disappointment it was These 4 mini baby dolls was a big big disappointment Firstival it is light eau de toilette,and on the back side of the box texted baby doll lucky collection,I just can not understand what all that means with lucky collection Is it baby doll or other perfume ,these bottles have no spry ,just a top cup .The perfume smells like some rosy watter ,that disappears in 20 min.Must send some notice to the company which sells that crap They must be jocking,I guess

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

I like this perfume so much in the beginning and in the heart - very bright rose scent, but it changes a lot coming to the base and I don't like it anymore , because these pretty, aromatic roses are gone forever! I wanted a garden of roses but ...I don't like perfumes which have got so dramatic change!

thazinha30
thazinha30

Got this as a sample a while ago and at first sniff, I didn't like it too much... way too rose-y for me (and I like rose but in the right measure.)

Then I just forgot about it until last night when I decided to try it again and... still very strong on the rose/ flower dept., a bit too overwhelming. Maybe it would smell better in the fall, when the weather is not so hot and muggy.

I have to say though, that the dry down is quite lovely... I'm sniffing my arm where I sprayed this and I like it a lot.That strong rose smell took a hike and left behind a nice fruity trail (maybe the pineapple?) I'll try again at another time, just for the dry down itself. For now, I would not purchase a full bottle.

Jola 72

Just ordered on line a set of Baby Doll,which including 4 of small cute bottles of perfume It looks so funny,that I couldn,t resist All the bottles have different paint design and color I hope ,it is maybe not the same Baby Doll in each of them...I am curios about it Will be back with some new updating about that

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This one has a lot of good memories for me :) Wore it as a teenager and very young adult. Fizzy pink grapefruit juice, ripe sugar cane and a bright, big, colourful bunch of flowers is what it reminds me of. It's fresh, sweet, cute and has an adorable little 'zing' about it. I personally stopped wearing this in my early 20's as I feel I outgrew it....but now I'm 30, I may actually pick up a bottle of this for the nostalgic value if I see it on sale ♥

vreyna
vreyna

Had 3 samples sent from a Fragrantica friend...one of them was Baby Doll. WOW! I didn't know if I liked it at first, but now I really like it! It's pretty, sweet, & the name fits it perfectly.

This is a great scent!

stacia79
stacia79

Launched at the turn of the 21st century, Baby Doll was the pink juice that kicked off the pink juice craze of the past decade. Grapefruit and pineapple punch, pink roses and giggles. That's what we're smelling here. Exquisitely girly and not a bit serious, I heard a rumor that a popular Las Vegas casino would spray this through the air vents to give the impression that young fun women were everywhere, the idea being that men would stick around and spend more money. Vibrant, playful, very flirty. Still better than any of the pink punch wannabes that came after YSL Baby Doll. The bottle is a little spinning top, how cute is that?

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

This perfume is very unusual to me. The first time I smelled it was over ten years ago when I was just 11 or 12. My girlfriends and I smelled it in a department store and all of us fell in love with it.

I was never able to purchase it because it was out of my budget at the time, and it is very hard to find.

Several years later, I had moved and my best friend was looking for perfume and we stumbled on this one, and I squealed seeing it again after many years, and my best friend bought it, so again, I let a friend purchase it and just sniffed her enviously when we were together.
I finally have a bottle of my own now at last, and it was worth the wait.

In my mid-20's this perfume is still fun and not too young, although I would say it is a very young scent.

The first and most potent note I detect is grapefruit, but it is not described as any of the notes.

The smell starts very fruity and fresh, I smell grapefruit, pineapple and raspberry. It has such an unforgetable combination of retro floral and modern warm fruit as the scent opens up to a very rose scent.

The bottom notes are hard to detect, although there is definetly a scent of sandalwood, and the longevity of this perfume is not that impressive.

It starts very strong so it's hard to find the right amount that will last without going over board and burning your sinuses, as this is a very potent scent.

Impossible to forget, and definetly not for everyone, this is for the girl that likes unusal, young and yummy scents.

suhaesa
suhaesa

baby doll is a crazy.. perfume.. its a sultry.. flirty.. out of the ordinary ..its bright.. crisp.. clean ..young... floral.. sweet ..its a playful perfume ..its full of surprising notes.. pineapple.. apple ..black currants.. orange..the midle notes are flowery..heliotrope.. lily of the valley.. in a base of amber ..vanilla.. sandalwood.. and cedar ..i feel the whole perfume doesn't swim together.. or sing together in harmony.. its like jumping from one accord to the other.. distinctly.. but this is whats making it flirty ..but on the whole it is a very prominent scent.. hard to be forgotten.. and does make boys hearts skip a beat..
long lasting.. it plays on high notes.. its citrusy.. its hip.. alive and rosey ..its clean soapy fresh a bit green a bit strange its a unique composition ...

evoula83
evoula83

It' s sour !! i didn't like it!

fiouu

I think I've experimented the biggest YSL kick so far and never noticed that All of their fragrances smell AH MAY ZEENG. Backstory: I used to buy Nail Polish from a guy which I later developed a crush on, he was THE CUTEST, anywho he gave me a small bottle of this frag, and I used it all up and now I can't find it anywhere in my country. He later got a girlfriend so we never spoke again. THE CUTEST <3 anyways, this smells soooooo gooood I mean, it's sweet and cute and flirty and fresh. The rose is really good (as in all YSL frags) yes it's a fruity floral, but even on the bottle it smells like wood and pinneapples. LOVE. IT. Ah the memories.
ETA: my only complaint - longevity is very poor, but Sillage is amazing.

Pari88
Pari88

One of the most unique rose fragrances. I have never smelled anything similar. Rosy, Fruity Sweet, Sharp with a Spicy kick (I've noticed Pineapple adds a spicy quality to most fragrances). This is not at all juvenile. I really enjoy it. It's very lively, but not hyper. Very Legally Blonde, Elle Woods when she was still in College. Lovely.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

Baby Doll - when I first tried it years ago, I didn't like it. After I while I tested it again and I bought a small bottle. Probably 6 years ago. I still have it.
It's never been my number one perfume, but I enjoyed wearing it. Yes, I enjoyed, but I don't enjoy it so much at the moment.
What I get with Baby Doll is lots of roses and spices, which is nice, but also very soapy dry down, which I'm not a fan.
People say BD is light, I never found it particulary light. I'm not saying it's a killer, but strong enough. It is actualy quite overwhelming at times with it's cloying sweetness.
If you can wear it and enjoy it, it is definitely a compliment getter as it is very feminine.

I did consider buying another bottle for my secret stash as BD can be bought reasonably cheap, but I think I'll pass. I seem to be going through phases with it and if small, 30 ml bottle lasted me yars, it must mean I don't use it often enough.

Arielrose
Arielrose

Ah, Baby Doll! I used to wear this when I was in my early twenties and I think it's perfect for that age range or for the 'young at heart'! It doesn't say it contains grapefruit notes, but for me the grapefruit scent was very obvious. The floral notes are soft underneath and it has the most subtle base of something that is just a bit spicy or warm.
Overall, a sweet and playful perfume that is not too complicated or heavy.

I think back when this was first introduced it was more 'unique' - now in a time when fruity-floral scents are everywhere, it doesn't have the stake it once claimed. Still, it smells better than most of that modern genre does.

sweeetjane89
sweeetjane89

Light but with enough of a kick to be noticed. I get a lot of citrus and spice notes with it. This is my go-to scent for summer evenings. It's not overbearing but there is something sultry about it. I especially love it on a muggy evening. I don't know anything about perfume mixology or perfume connoisseurs... they are kind of like wine connoisseurs... I jut don't get it. I go with my gut. All I know is that I feel sexy, playful, alluring, and relaxed in this one.Perfect for a balmy humid night in Cape Cod under the stars on a dock with friends- or a special friend ;) ... and hot pink beach roses- (you can't forget the roses!) I love it!

torpedama
torpedama

A lovely fragance that I used to wear a lot. Unfortunately it is not available in Spain... :-(

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I get a lot of grapefruit (even though it's not listed as a note) and roses with Baby Doll. The beginning is really bright with a lot of fresh citrusy grapefruit, the middle gets more floral, and the dry-down is soapy. I'm on the hunt for a rose scent to love but sadly Baby Doll is not it. I really like the beginning but the scent is too clean for me. I blind bought this for a really inexpensive price so I'm not that disappointed in it and may wear in the warmer months as it's not too strong so it won't be bothersome to my nose. Longevity is minimal 2-3 hours only. I haven't found a YSL scent I'm crazy about however I do love the bottles. I think the Baby Doll bottle is super cute.

MrsBoone86
MrsBoone86

My favorite durning my late teens. Grapefruit, vibrant, playful. It also holds up well to humidity and hot weather. Very long lasting. I would probably still wear this had my preferences not changed to something more oriental/ spicy (which this is not!) All in all, delightful, unique, memorable.

perfumequeen23

I previously did a review of this perfume below, now am back,I jumped in to giving it a semi-bad review without testing it a few more times. Now I actually really like it :/ lol I don't tend to like many rosé scents but this fits together nice although I can only seem to smell 3 notes in this, rose orange and apple it smells really nice! Goes to show never judge a scent by testing once! Try again in a couple days and see if you like it.

Javi0005
Javi0005

I bought this for my gf just because of the bottle :D can't help but the bottle is so cute. But she loves the scent, thankfully. :D

perfumequeen23

I have been so excited to get this I have wanted it for ages.. Well I received it today and.. Well its a bit bland I am dissapointed am not sure what I actully expected with this scent but its not what I thought. I can smell the rose, orange and apple but that's all I get. It is nice but I don't think I will be wearing this a lot maybe through the summer days I might but it just doesn't seem me :/

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Just bought a bottle got home opened it and its leaking and the liquid do not look pink wondering if it old stock, got to go back for my money back, in a way i am glad as i don't like the smell reminds me a bit of ginger smell or orange peel.
They had no tester so blind buy, but at least with it leaking i will be able to get my money back
Reminds me a bit of aftershave it might be because its gone off but don't want to try it again

Fionah
Fionah

Nice for young girls but smells very floral on me.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

This was my first (real) perfume that I ever bought as a teenager. It is so girly the name is perfect, it smells like a refined my little pony body spray. Great fun fragrance.

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

This scent make me feel like a Barbie doll. Very funny very youthful very very fres. I love this perfume

This fragrance strongly reminds me In Love Again by the same brand, because it also smells crispy and juicy grapefruit. I even can't say which of them I like more. In Love Again has a refreshing blackcurrant leaves and yummy blackberry and grape. But this one seems to me more joyful. The spicy notes don't make it too spicy, but the ginger note makes it pleasantly sweet. The freesia note brings nice sourness to it. I can just say that it's playful. Maybe I will buy it after In Love Again ends. I like them both. And I love this brand in general.

This fragrance can make my mood better for sure, that is why I like it.

it's light, it's pink. gorgeous rose and luscious apple is prominant to me. i get the freesia and orange even a hint of the sandalwood. not too long lasting and more close to the skin on me, but i love it. it's an uplifting fragrance and the bottle is very cute. thumbs up!

Aerides
Aerides

As a whole this fragrance smells like a handful of crushed rose petals combined with blackcurrant and citrus that smells more like grapefruit than orange. The rose dominates the scent but it's a very fresh variation of rose instead of something heavy or cloying. It dries down to a floral soapy scent, I also began to pick up a bit of the lily of the valley and it ends with a warm vanilla note.
I glad YSL decided to go with a fresher scent instead of something sickly sweet like the name and bottle would suggest. For some reason I thought it would smell like dolly mixture sweets when I first saw the bottle design.
Very feminine and fairly versatile. It doesn't last all that long but it's still very cute.

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

I used to wear this perfume as a teenager and it smelt absolutely divine, I was constantly complimented for it. I am not sure if the formula or ingredients have changed since back in 2007-2008 but to me, it smells different to how it used to. Maybe it's just me though? Definitely still a beautiful perfume that I may eventually buy again!

chocobomb
chocobomb

it's very fruity and sweet and little bit floral throughout. I kind of like it, though I wouldn't recommend anyone else to buy it, as it's nothing new really. There are plenty of other perfumes that I have in my cabinet that smell very similar to this one (and I got them for a cheaper price). But still, for a start in perfume collecting, it's a great addition and it's very feminine and quite elegant.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I purchased a 30ml at Sephora I think 4 years ago for 25$ as I believe that was the time when it was being pulled off the shelves and discontinued as I have never seen it anywhere since. It was an impulse buy and even though I tested it and loved it, I think I might have been more in love with the fact that it was my first higher-end perfume since this was purchased during my college days and I have never owned anything by designer brands up until then. XD Anyway this was bought during the time when I was wearing my first real signature (which was Britney Spears' Believe and I wore it for 3-4 years) and I was inexperienced with perfume.

I vividly remember the day when I purchased this. It was a humid rainy day (actually it was pouring lol) and I remember FALLING HEAD OVER HEELS when I tested it. I was happy when I got on the bu;s I literally thought that I was in seventh heaven. I felt so alive and powerful. I remember being so excited to spray this on before I would attend my college classes and I would be getting whiffs of this delightful scent in humid weather. Because I have great memories of those days perhaps that's why I have a certain kind of "respect" towards this perfume. It was good time in my life.

Anyway, eventually I couldn't stand it and although I would wear it occasionally I found the sweetness to be so cloying and that the gratefruit note to be was just annoying. (Since then I discovered that I can't stand citrus notes as they make me feel angry and irritated). It ended up sitting on the shelf for a long time and although the bottle is lovely, once I acquired all of the perfumes that I have in my wardrobe this year I decided to give it away to a coworker who loved it but for some reason I never smell her wearing it...One thing is for sure, is that for an EDT this is really strong.

Coffeelover64
Coffeelover64

Perhaps I'm stuck in the past when the tart, non-sweet fruity fragrances were popular? That's OK though, when you really love something. I love fruity florals as long as they aren't sweet like many popular fragrances. I like them tart, citrusy, spicy. This one definately fits the bill - grapefruit, blackcurrant, apples and flowers along with a spicier base. I smell something a little peppery. This lasts all day on me. Great spring and summer scent!

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

The nice thing about this is that the grapefruit isn't bitter. There is sweetness in this blend courtesy of the rose. Cute concept, cute bottle, fun and playful scent. Fresh rose, sweet grapefruit, soft florals. Not terribly imaginative now, but it was at its inception. I still like it. Uplifting and casual.

Perfumepaparazzi
Perfumepaparazzi

No matter how many bottles of this I go through, it just doesnt work ON ME. When my friend used to wear it, it smelled amazing but on me it smells too floral, too dolly and almost gives me a headache PLUS it doesnt last long. Will not buy it again BUT someone will probably mistakenly buy it for me.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I bought this when it first came out.I was working at the Jasper Park Lodge and was browsing in the snobby cosmetics shop there and the saleslady told me that if I like citrus scents (grapefruit),I should try it.

I WAS HOOKED!!!

Being 20 at the time, I felt that this was such a grownup scent.It smelled citrussy,but with a dark edge. I normally hate floral fragrances but something about the rose in this balancing the sweetness just made it perfect.

Shortly thereafter,it was discontinued in Canada and I would pick up a bottle every time I travelled to the US or shopped in Duty Free. I think I still have one bottle as back-up, and constantly have one on the go.

It is my signature fall scent,and when I wear it,I feel confident and sassy!

Elouelou
Elouelou

When I was a young teenager (early 2000s) there used to be a body spray available in Australia by Evoke called "Surf Chic". it was my absolute favourite scent and I was devastated that it was discontinued...

Then I smelt YSL Baby Doll for the first time this year and it all came flooding back! It was almost exactly the same! I guess it is safe to assume that the body spray was an imitation of the perfume, rather than a lucky coincidence for Evoke (; A google search confirmed that many people held the same opinion in regards to the scent match.

I love that Baby Doll smells like actual FRUIT, not fruit juice. The pineapple is such a cheerful scent. It is definitely a summertime fragrance. I couldn't imagine myself wearing it everyday, but to mix things up a bit or as a casual scent, for sure!

On a side note: I have known people to love and wear this scent who I never would have expected, it has such a wide audience.

julieanneh
julieanneh

I was given a bottle of perfume yonks ago by my mum and I have not used it. I'm not sure exactly what it is. It is in a pink bottle with YSL on the front and loads of pink flowers all over it and a heart in the middle where the YSL is written and a pink lid with a flat top. The writing on the bottom is in a different language. it is 50ml. it sounds like YSL Baby Doll. Its a light fruity floral. ???

purelyscents
purelyscents

At first I wasn't sure but now it has become one of my favorites. I found a nw scent that smells like because some retailers were discontinuing but silly me forgot the name of it. Let me know if you find out.

littleibu
littleibu

Love it love it love it..

apple pie2929
apple pie2929

Fresh and lovely perfume
love it! :D

Annaengel
Annaengel

My first experience with a perfume that went awfull on me, gave the bottle to my sis because I really couldn't stand it, and I tried!

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

fresh fruity floral. comes perfectly for spring and summer days with everything put up in a right amount

girly, youthful and cheerful. everything that you would hope to find from a fragrance come in one package, full of joy and happiness

projection and longevity is good, and definitely something will get you noticed (in a good way), the cons is the bottle and the scent might give slight impression of being immature, but hey, I'm proud to being called immature! there's a child spirit in me that I would love to feels occasionally. and this Saint-Laurent successfully translate it into a perfect fragrance

roselover06
roselover06

Fresh and lovely.
It smells mostly like grapefruit with rose.
Just makes me happy :D quite refreshing
Sad that it doesn't last long on me; only about 30 minutes.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

This is very unique - haven't come across anything close to it. Extremely fruity, floral and girly. The black currant and pineapple mix may be the unique ingredients. If you want to be noticed, use this. This is for those carefree days in jeans, on weekends or anywhere you'll be in open air (not in close quarters). It is for the young or those who love extremely sweet and loud scents. I own both the spray and body lotion. The lotion is just as loud as the perfume. Gave it to a tweenie and even she wasn't loving it but kept it for the beautiful bottle. Doesn't stand but a nice bauble on a dresser (especially if your decor is bubblegum pink).

On me,
Sillage: 3 to 4 feet
Longevity: more than 4 hrs then nose-to-wrist for the next 3 hrs

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

A nice, "normal" scent. It's not unique but it's pleasant if you like VERY floral scents.

I use it when I work .. - AT HOME haha.

flamingjune5dwj
flamingjune5dwj

I just picked this one up for cheap at an outlet as I have been wanting to try it for some time. Unfortunately on my skin all I smell is soap - its not a terrible smell but it's not what I expected. It's a very clean smell and the scent is lasting on me, but its just not something I think I would reach for pretty much ever out of all my perfumes. I wish it had some dimension or some of the lovely characteristics others here describe, but I just think soap every time I smell my wrist. It's a big disappointment for me as I was excited about this scent for a while now. I think I may try layering this underneath one of my sweeter scents to see how that smells... On the positive, the bottle is lovely and I'll enjoy looking at it on my dresser.

My recommendation is try it before buying this one unless you can find it at a discount store.

EDIT: I have been really trying to give baby doll another chance the last few days, I am getting more floral notes - mostly rose - than I did a year ago, but no fruits, no sweet, no lovely anything -- even the floral rose is a weird old lady rose soap, and that is coming from someone who loves rose (I could bathe in Bvlgari Rose Essentielle). I don't know, I just don't know - I guess if anyone is looking to swap for this I'd be interested.

sugarkiller
sugarkiller

A floral grapefruit scented spinning top for little girls. very boring.

Endymion
Endymion

Is it still in production?

lolagoes4awalk
lolagoes4awalk

This was my first parfume that was given me as a birthday gift from my mom. I used it for a long time, worthts every penny. It smells fruity and sweet, it lasts long but not everyone notices you put on it.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Ok so I know this has been out a long while but I never really got to test it properly...it's kinda hard to come by in our store..&& when we did have it the tester was rank!...so today I got to finally test it w/ a brand new tester...&& I think this is such a pretty scent, It's clean it's fun it's flirty, It has a nice freshness to it from the citrus infused with a soft fruity floral undertone, && has that touch of sweetness that makes it slightly sexxi. This has to be one of my fav. fragrances for women by YSL && the bottle is just simplistically pretty. I've already started x-mas shopping && already decided this is the one for my sis I can just see her wearing this && when I smelled I said this is so her...&& might I add how inexpensive it is $51 for a 100ml. not bad for YSL, WIN!, BAM! she's outta the way! haha :)

maiker
maiker

I buy this today, an sincerely i never expect such a lovely smell. the presentation make people think that is a sweet girly perfume, but is not... }

when i first spray it, i smell TULSI (indian plant) which is very strange because it dont appears like a note on here. after it daydown t smell like orange pine and black currant mix up, with still a touch of TULSI very nice...

lasting 8 to 10 hours.

m.monia

Hello,please answer my question:is there any new perfume very similar to BABY DOLL,please answer

Musselille
Musselille

Good, fresh and deep floral scent. Not very sweet, which you often get in the pink floral perfumes.

I smell a big bouquet of flowers, not so much fruit.

A good perfume for daytime.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

My perfume choice of the 90's. It might smell more common now, but back it was a lovely feminine fruity floral. Not too sweet or cloying. The only thing I regret is giving my former sister in law the body lotion. haha

lilou
lilou

I thought it would have been sweeter, but I like it : it's a nice fruity-floral fragrance. Delicate, innocent and refreshing. Very feminine. Rose and pineapple are very present, but base notes are not powerful (I would have liked more vanilla).
Correct lasting power and nice for spring and summer.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

I love this sweet-tart fragrance! Excellent for spring and summer with its sugary, pink-grapefruit and lime base! Definately for us girly-girls as it is super-feminine and flirty. I love the pineapple-citrus drydown with just a touch of rose, it's intoxicating! I do not get any blackcurrant although it is listed as a topnote. Would be nice to wear with a gauzy pastel-colored sundress and silver sandals.

romihi
romihi

This is a fun, light, cute scent... Not very long lasting, though, but has been one of my staple scents for years. I especially like to wear this in the summer.

jesseyanne
jesseyanne

This fragrance reminds me a litle of the way my pile of Strawberry Shortcake and Friends dolls smelled after the strawberry faded a year later. It is a bit more sophisticated than that. I consistently get compliments from men and women when I wear it. This is the only fragrance that gives me a headache. Too bad!

svosmaer
svosmaer

This was my first perfume ever. I must have been 15 or 16. It is so sweet, fresh and girly. I don't think it suits me anymore, but I still love it. Might get me some for old times sake...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Sugary girly scent; pink candy-like and tarty fruit. Black currant and citrus give some tang to this sugarbomb. Youthful and pretty much exactly as advertised. Wearable for any time; if you're a girly girl this one's for you!

dezaval
dezaval

I used to wear it 12 years ago, when it was first released. Very girly, with rose being the dominant note of this perfume. Yes, in YSL perfumes rose is used as a basic element. Think of Paris or Rive Gauche, where rose is present, but in Baby doll is almost alive. Interesting perfume, but, as I can recall, very sweet for my taste. Consider I'm a great fan of roses-almost all the perfumes I use/used have/had rose- and I like sweet perfumes, but this was too sweet for me. Some time, I may give it a second chance. Mostly I recomend it for spring nights...

Aquatica
Aquatica

When I tried this, in the cosmetic store, a woman told me "It is said that when you wear this, the one you love will ask you in marriage". Well, I am not sure about this :P but I can say that it's a romantic perfume :)

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Smells pink! :) Definitely cute and cuddly. I get the roses and red currant, mostly, I guess. It does kind of remind me of a baby doll, but it's a LITTLE soapy, which I'm not a fan of. But of course it doesn't smell cheap, because it's YSL. I got this at the same time as Au The Rouge by Bvlgari, and I'm afraid they might be just a TAD too similar for me to keep both of them. Rouge is slightly more appley (even though apple is not listed in the 'notes' here on fragrantica.) I do like Baby Doll, though, because it's cute and warm in a way -- reminds me of a sweet, affectionate hug after stepping out of a refreshing shower. I'll have to give this one a little more time before I decide whether to keep it...

nikitajade
nikitajade

it's cute. i wouldn't call it sexy but it is fun and sassy. and much better suited for my daughter than me...i feel a bit past this fragrance at this point.

krmarich
krmarich

This plays like Paris as a gourmand. The trend was for girlish pink candy perfumes. This was however YSL and the production was large and sophisticated.

The orange/pineapple opening was inviting. It truely became an all ages show. The rose was not the dramatic damascenones of Paris, yet it still came forward like the morning sunshine. The base was similar to Paris with some more vanilla added.

It was a worthy sequel and held much promise for the future of YSL, whose foray into the gourmand was better than most. The bottle is fun to play with as it resembles a childs top.

mystica

There are many luxury hotels and casinos where I live. Sitting in the lobby of one of them for an interview, I was shocked to be suddenly surrounded by a distinctive whiff of women's perfume, coming from obviously the ceiling, down towards my seat. Particles of perfume was almost visible, and it was so intense that I felt nearly showered by it. It was Baby Doll for no question at all... They were spraying Baby Doll to perfume the lobby as well as the entrance to casino.

Somebody there, obviously equates Baby Doll's smell to the smell of a woman, an ideal woman.

They play many tricks (such as offering free food, tobacco and everything) to encourage people (mostly men) to gambling, and that's one of them. So someone for sure thinks that you are sexy and distinctively feminine if you wear Baby Doll, enough to attract men.

You get the picture, decide whether this scene fits your ideal of sexy as well...

scented_secret
scented_secret

I like it a lot. I can't tell you why, it's an instinctive reaction. I miss the scent very much. I think there are scents that you love but never buy for some strange reason. This is one of them for me. I really should buy it at last.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I hadn't realize how close it was to In Love Again until i tested it on me (on the test paper it was quite different). I believe In Love Again is better though .
Baby Doll is a younger version of ILA , sweeter , but not ovesweet or gourmand like the hypes nowadays scents . ILA is fresher , more adult , but they're still mazingly close to each other .
It is rather amazing that 2 scents from a same house are so alike O_o .

spacechick2009
spacechick2009

I was a big fan of Paris for years. When I first saw Baby Doll, I was a bit put off. Thought it would be too 'cutesy' but been wearing it off and on for years. I love it, it smells like sweeties (candies for the US readers) so perhaps it takes me back to my childhood in some way.

It is quite expensive for such a small amount and being honest, it does not last long. Have to use a lot but I love the way it makes me smell. Good enough to eat!

Not that this matters, but I am a mature woman, not a teenager. Love the little bottle as well and hate throwing the empties away!

Crazy.Azn
Crazy.Azn

Firstly I'll comment on the lasting power.
This perfume does last, atleast a good 8 hours. I know this because I recently bought this for a friend and I regret doing so. It in my opinion smells completely HORRIBLE, I am honestly not a big fan of florals but I personally think this fragrance is beyond floral, infact I think it honestly smells like purely a rose fragrance laced with 101 and different pungent chemicals. I honestly do not recommend such a strong rose scent for the feint of heart or people that are sensitive to smells. This one left me with a headache.....

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

I love this perfume its definately my favourate and smells like a doll! It was discontinued for a few years and now its back i bought 3 bottles over christmas. Lovely happy floral scent :)

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

oh, had a whiff from my oldish bottle and this is sooo nice.. a night time scent for people who usually go for the fresh, aquatic, green stuff :) The sour grapefruity notes in this are mouth watering. It's a little too overpowering for daytime use I think though. Oh, I'm almost 40 and I don't feel too old for this scent :)

Gembob85
Gembob85

This is my signature scent. I can't describe why i love it but every time i spray it on i just have to let out a big happy sigh. I adore it's sweetness i love that i get people asking me pretty much everyday what it is i am wearing. I got my purse out to pay at the shop the other day and a whiff of this came out with it, the girl in the shop just had to know what it was so she could get some lol My favourite forever x

seaghostdusk

One of my most disliked fragrances out there. All I smell is extremely strong,plastic-like floral.The bottle makes you think it is a soft,feminine,girlie,fragrance.It is more of a harsh,sharp,sickly sweet and bold kind of perfume. Not for me.

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

I like this smell a lot even though after 2 hours I cant smell it neither anyone else. very nice but not strong at all. something you should use durin hot summer morning before having your morning run. Its not worth the price. Though I like it and the bottle too.

perfumeee
perfumeee

This one doesn't suit me at all:( It smells horrible on my skin. It's very artificial and smells just like plastic baby doll. Very disappointed. The bottle is pretty, though.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Fresh and romantic, it's ideal for young women, mainly because it smells like candy. I used to wear this a couple of years ago, so it brings me back to those carefree, more innocent times. Floral(rose is the basic note as far as I am concerned) and sweet, nice bottle and finally a scent for those who want to remain young regardless of their actual age.
Lasting power is pretty good.

jilli
jilli

Holta V, you asked about Baby Doll in a light green colour. I have a miniatures collection that has pink, light pink, aqua blue, and a sunny yellow.
It is called Baby Doll Collection.
It contains four 7.5ml bottles.
The bottles come wrapped in cupcake wrappers.

cottonpop
cottonpop

i had it when I was 19 and it was fine for until I was 21, then I grew out of it. But I loved it, it was the first bottle of expensive perfume that I bought. I have fond memories of it, but won't go near it now that I am in my late 20s.

sketchgal
sketchgal

i bought this perfume coz the bottle is really pretty and as they say you will not go wrong with pink, but unfortunately i dont like this perfume. its strong and sweet but not nice...maybe i like my perfume to be sweet (but not too sweet and strong) but also cool and refreshing as well. Shame the bottle is really pretty.

SheShe

So: I've bought Baby Doll and I may write more about it than what I wrote in my review few days ago.

I like it very much: it's lovely! I usually don't like rose in perfumes and this one is prominent - but I like the rose very much, that is unusual thing. The rose is very similar to reality roses but thankfully it isn't a boring rose: the rose is peppery, spicy, it's a rose like a woman you won't be bored with.

Baby Doll is sweet but it's a well dosed sweetness, definitely not I-have-a-toothache kind of sweetness. Baby Doll starts in a burst of pretty citrus and then goes flowery, spicy - I've read somewhere there's ginger and cardamom among the indredients - they aren't listed here, I don't know if it's true but I can detect sthg like cardamom... base notes - sandalwood, vanilla are what I detect the most.

Just lovely, nice, cute :) and classy, not kitschy.

I have Baby Doll eau legere version, still quite strong one :)

apassionforscent
apassionforscent

I used to own this perfume, and I must say, it smells exactly like a doll. If you still have plastic dolls, you can go smell them, that's what Baby Doll smells like. I really liked smelling like a real doll at first, but then its not something that could bring out my personality or make me feel good, so in the end I disliked it and stopped using it before I finished the one bottle I had bought.

SheShe

I've sprayed it once in a perfume shop. I tell you, I was a bit disappointed then - I don't like fresh scents with a few exceptions. Yesterday I fell in love with Saharienne so I wish I had a sample of Baby Doll to try it again, unfortunately I can't find it...

I remember that it was a fresh scent that wasn't too sweet, actually the sweetness was light, and it felt like light pink indeed... but it wasn't perfume for a grown up girl who still feels like a baby at all! Baby Doll was more mature than it seemed on the photo and its lasting power was good. I was disappointed by freshness because I imagined the fragrance sweeter and oriental.

YSL creates really great fresh fragrances. Actually his are the best imo! Together with Mandarina Duck, medium shelf but with ingredients of a good quality.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I have this I was given it as a gift its fresh and has that playful notes of grapefruit and black currant.It really uplifts me and I plan to wear it more often the bottle is adorable.

haveitall
haveitall

This perfume is definitely depending on your skin chemistry, but if you are the lucky one that it suits you - it's just incredible smell. This was a love at first sniff for me, and people would always stop me on the streets to ask me what I am wearing.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Baby Doll isn't really as cutesy as its name implies! Yes, it's definitely light, girly and vanilla'ish but it's so nice, fresh and sweet that personally I think anyone with a youthful spirit could wear this perfume and smell lovely. The sandalwood and cedar prevent it from being too sweet and fruity / flowery and give it some depth and staying power.

I've spritzed myself with about 6-8 perfumes in a perfume department today but Baby Doll is the one (apart from Nina, which I love!) that stands out to me and it smells so nice. It kind of reminds me a little of Gres Caline although I think it's a bit sweeter and less citrussy than Caline. If I could get a bottle of this for a good price I wouldn't hesitate to buy it - and it's quite a long time ago that I was in my teens so, despite some other reviewers thinking it's for young girls, I definitely think a woman who's over the age of, say, 25 could easily wear this!

cherrykisses
cherrykisses

Sweet, Sexy, Young, Fun, Very Girly and Happy!
I love this perfume! I first got this perfume about 9 years ago. I loved it then too. I enjoy wearing this scent and ALWAYS get compliments on this one!

varnyte
varnyte

This perfume is just amazing!!! Like all of fairytales of Disney were closed in this bottle:) I think, that a person wearing it reminds a woman who is still childish, innocent and seductive at the same time:) A perfect perfume for Lolita:)
Lacoste Joy of pink reminds me Baby doll a little bit.

m.monia

it is my favorite perfume,it is me in every way,never forget it in each hand bag,but i want something new which has similar scent or more favorible like,especially topnotes,who can help me???

passionata20

The notes that i have taken from the tester bottle in the shop are surprisingly bit different than listed here:

TOP NOTES: Grape, red currant, rhubarb.
HEART NOTES: Wild rose, freesia, spices.
BASE NOTES: Grenadine, peach, cedarwood.

Surprisingly NO black currant in it! I still guess that this fragrance was reformulated, since as much as i remember it was richer and had a better staying power some years ago, than it is now, and had indeed more of pinkish coloured liquid inside, but nevetheless i like it still very much.

My lovely "babydoll", how i ´m gonna miss you... I know it has been love-hate relationship but you´re one of the most joyful fragrances for summer nights out. The bottle design and the fragrance are in such harmony which is rare nowdays. Grapefriut mixed with rhubarb and red currant... hmmm.... these notes are delicious though i don´t like currant in perfume, but this is a rare exception. Only problem with you is that you don´t stay on my skin, only on my clothes and hair, but i love you anyway. I hope my stocks will last me for many summers in future.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This has been my signature fragrance since I was 12 years old and continues to be what is most remember about me scent-wise and I am now 26 nearly. It has matured with me, the once child like sparkling notes are still sparkling but now more of the grapefruit mingles with the cedar and vanilla though it is still very sparkling shimmering citrus at its best. It has grandiose silage and lasting power on me , 4+ hours and quite strong. Not for every girl I admit but it is lovely and young at heart. The holiday miniatures are gorgeous rainbow colors and well worth the purchase to dress up any vanity. Baby Doll has one of the most enchanting bottles on modern shelves, a crystal topper-spinner with gorgeous pink elixir inside. One of the very nicest citrus perfumes created.

Klee
Klee

Guava! Guava! Guava! That's all I smell! Super sweet and it gets old VERY quickly! Moving right along...nothing to see here....

servana
servana

Sweet, sweet, sweet, SWEET!!! This is the sweetest scent I have ever smelt in my entire life! It smells like candy floss, sugar & other artificially sickly sweet things. It literally smells pink. This is definitely for young girls & would make a good gift for a really girly girl aged 12 or 13. When I look at the notes I feel confused... I don't smell any of them. I smell candy floss!

melbritt24
melbritt24

I mostly smell intense pineapple and fressia, simple rose, a bit of apple but not as much as the pineapple and a nice shy mix of cedar and sandalwood in the dry down. I like this scent even though its more fruity and girly than I typically like. I layered it today with the new bath and body works lotion in Amour Paris scent! Nice combo.

mystica

Very sweet-flowery, very pink and feminine in a girlie way. Quite overpowering to my nose. It technically smells nice, but makes me uncomfortable.

alex4miscelle_
alex4miscelle_

This perfume is good. Sweet, juicy and little fruity. Long lasting and make u feel younger.. :D It's very lovely.. :x That's why the perfume named "Baby Doll" ;) Overall.. I give this perfume for 4.5 stars of 5 stars

Flair
Flair

The main wave of blackcurrant builds the character of this perfume, on a skin it translates into a smoky kind of scent. I prefer to wear it during the summer, this is when it starts to smell sexy, fruity and seductive. I would describe it rather elegant then ‘playful and young’ despite the pinky color and toy like bottle. About to order a new bottle to wear it this summer.

Psyche
Psyche

I didn't smell grapefruit as much as I smelled honey with this one. I can imagine this would smell great on some girls but on me I don't get much else besides the honey, which is the same issue I have with Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur. Maybe for some people honey is their thing but personally I am not a fan.

passionata20

I used to love it and even used more than couple of bottles of this fragrance but now i cannot stand it. I think this is because of the black currant that i do not like in perfumes. I starts out so pleasant and enjoyably sweet, but then turns into something strongly chemical and suffocating. Iw ant to wash it off. I don´t know why... I think i should try it once again right now, while it is not cold anyomre but not hot also.
UPDATE: now i understand that to my nose this is strictly a hot summer fragrance, i can´t stand it during colder time of the year, but when it+ s hot outside, i am in love with "Babydoll"

Jadetive
Jadetive

Sweet, heady, plasticky, smells like strong rose scented hand soap in hotel bathrooms. Not for me personally. Maybe suited for peppy, bright, cheery, vivacious girls.

ccj36
ccj36

Had this many years ago. I smelled an overpowering grapefruit note, which I don't see listed in the description. Smelled like a combination of the above-mentioned grapefruit and pine trees on me. I think I ended up giving my bottle away. Cool bottle, though.

(Okay....so I just scanned through the reviews here, and I see that others smelled the grapefruit, too. Nice to know that I'm not crazy!) ;-)

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

It was a very nice gift that I couldn't use as often as I'd like cause it had glitter in it, so only for special nights. It's sweet, warm and refreshing at the same time:)

aliathespoon
aliathespoon

This perfume smells pretty good. On me, it is a biting citrus with a touch of candy. However, it's going to give headaches to those even fairly resistant to perfume related head throbs.

Blossomto
Blossomto

Definitely the Peter Pan of the fragrance world, for the woman who refuses to grow up. Without being sickly sweet it manages to be fresh, fruity and unashamedly girlie. Bought it for the first time at the age of 15, stopped wearing it by about 19 but want a bottle for nostalgia. I love the grapefruit....

rainydays
rainydays

I got the EDT, and was so excited to try it... the bottle is lovely and adorable, which got my hopes up. The initial blast it potpourri. Old, dried, spicy flowers (not good... really like a room freshener). Then I get a little bit of the fruity notes, which were sweet and pleasant. But that was short lived, because soon rose took over and overwhelmed the rest. Granted, it's sweet, like candied rose. But it's still too much rose and that's a definite NO in my book. It smells dated and doesn't fit my personality a bit :/ I'll be selling this one, hope it works better for somebody else.

Sissi
Sissi

Sexy but in a innocent girlish dolly-like naivete called
Baby doll a scent gives an impression in two ways I'm not a Child and yet not a Woman like Bravado or a Woman child- sexually a Woman plays a vulnerable and yet an
a woman with full of dreams and a bit head in the clouds
kind of Romantic view of the world ala the roles Marilyn
Monroe was famous for, a complete contrary to the Pragmatic Pierre Balmain's Jolie Madame, Tough as Nails
Robert Piguet's Bandit, and the Fiery and Tempestuous
Sister Opium. Oranges open with an crisp and citusy
brightens your senses then dries with tart and juicy
pineapple then in a few minutes the scent dries deeper
with black currents adds a sexual undercurrent then
sour green apple dries the opening.

Light and delicate freesia with it's airy sweetness
blown across the summer sky then heliotrope a warm
vanilla like scent comes steeping though has a bit of a cloyish quality Demure pink roses gives it a Velvety
elegance. The drydown is simple with the usual Sandalwood dryness and the typical Powdery finishing
of Vanilla.

Baby Doll conjours Innocence like the cutest dollies
with big and soulful eyes with long eyelashes circling
your room in a protective spender white Persian kittens purring sleeping beside each of your bed in a
comfortable slumber then a gentile breeze of spring
blowing though a thinly diaphanous curtain,

Baby Doll capture the Essence of Childhood in all of us.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

I went to the store and asked for a 'happy' scent. They offered me YSL Baby doll. I liked it from the first sniff, it was sweet, warm and kind of cosy on my skin, easy to fall in love with, so I bought it quite spontaneously. Our 'happiness' didn't last, though. It didn't develop on me and became guite obsessive. And was gone soon. Baby doll is easy forgettable. The younger is the wearer, the better.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

I am not so much impressed by this fragrance. Like its name Baby doll the fragrance is also very soft, light and calm with a distinct notes of fresh roses. Absolutely soothing fragrance. but there is a drawback it has got below average silage and longevity.
Bottle is quite delightful. it could be a great present for beautiful barbie doll like girlfriend:) just joking.
Anyhow i give it 6.5 out of 10.

svetlanacbn
svetlanacbn

It is a floral fruity fragrance, fresh with a hint of sweetness, but nothing annoying or overpowering. Whenever you spray it - it will definitely improve your mood, bringing joy. It could have a longer lasting power though...

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

Scents and Parfums are so interwoven with memory for me that sometimes its hard to remember something or someone without the scent that it brings forth. Baby Doll is a scent that captures a moment in time for me that hindered on the fine line of magic and realism. I was 19, it was summer, and I had a best friend that loved, loved, loved this. it worked so well on her too; she smelled like a delicious ruby red grapefruit sprinkled with sun warmed sugar.
thats the only way i eat my graprefruit too.
this is a young fragrance though--indeed my friend was 20 when she used this.
maybe its the memory of being a young and innocent when i smelled this liquid tart candy but i can't imagine a woman wearing this one.
thumbs up for a sweet memory and scent

wonderland
wonderland

Fruity scent with splashes of rose petals. The name Baby Doll may hint that it will be a sugary vanilla type of fragrance, but it is far from it. More citrus, grapefruit-like, and slightly floral.

Eleiria
Eleiria

I like Baby Doll. It's a nice fresh fragrance, and it is very similar to Gucci Envy Me. Black currant note is very prominent at first -which is very lovely and lively. It's quite long lasting, too -for a floral fruity. The drydown is very soft and sweet, nothing too different but nice and clean. And it has a gorgeous bottle. One of the very few YSL perfumes that I like.

tsgibbns
tsgibbns

I bought this for my daughter ages ago. She loves it and it has staying power with her chemistry. The roses and fruit notes keep it playful whilst the warm notes keep it from getting to sweet. It's carefree and fun; for a younger woman/teen.

floral_nose
floral_nose

All i can smell in this is rose! I really can't smell anything else. And it's not that nice sort of rose smell it's more of a rose oil smell. It reminds me of old ladies. At first when I smelt this I was like "Wow, this is nice!" but that thought only lasted a few seconds. I think Baby Doll is an inappropriate name for this perfume.

Overall: I don't like this perfume.

viveka
viveka

Regular daily scent. Nothing special. I can`t see that enthousiasm about Baby Doll. Sour, syroupy nectar of immature grapefruits (2much!), lilly of the valleys and spiky roses. Not nice and pretty at all. Annoying and utterly chill, i'd rather say.
Base is not much better, still grapefruits, l-o-t-v and spiky roses... Wrrr.
Not sympathique at all :(

But the bottle... mmm. it's a whole different story ;)

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A fragrance of Joy and Happiness.BABY DOLL is one of those fragrances That Everybody can have in Their collection because you can have the confidence that the Fragrance made by a prestigious designer like YSL. Fruity, Girlish,Delicious,Juicy,Fruity,Fresh, Cute,Sweet with a Lovely Bottle.

BABY DOLL is flowery with a fruity fun smell as it sparkling starts with citrusy notes but not overpowering.It is like Candy and just Delicious.The base notes are warm with a Touch of Seduce.Totally The scent is very Youthful which does not necessarily mean that it is only for Young ladies.

This Elegant YSL Definitely is not a Evening scent.It is perfect for the Beach,Summer,Everyday,A Picnic or just for any reason you may please.Suitable for a Sweet and Cheerful character.It is also ideal for present.Anyway a Beautiful Casual scent but not in a Cheap way.

Sillage?Interesting.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

I don't like this scent at all. All I smell is sour grapefruit, which is offensive to my nose. It smells cheap.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

This perfume opens with a delicious hint of tropical fruit sans mango and opens to beautiful florals and unto warm sweet earthy notes.

This perfume makes one feel as if she a curious doll at a scones party.

An elegant and blushing scent

justachoirgirl
justachoirgirl

Grapefruits sweet sugary red grapefruits, rose petals.

Perhaps I'm just having a bad pink-fruity-floral day, but YSL BABY DOLL is another uninspiring member of what is proving to be a pretty uninspiring category of fragrances.

The good news is that BABY DOLL is not at all what I was expecting: pink cotton candy. But what it is I do not particularly like either: a quasi (veering dangerously close to queasy) aquatic opening which may have been intended to convey citrus but falls flat on my skin. The dominant floral note here is lily of the valley, but it's not fresh and natural--a far cry from, say, DIORISSIMO.

I won't write pink-fruity-floral fragrances off for good quite yet...on the other hand, I also don't want to succumb to the gambler's fallacy, either. Désolée!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

It is an 'Oh, so lovely' fragrance.
Not really girly, more feminine, perfect for office wear as it is quite distinctive but not offensive.
It reminds me when my grandmother used to make rose marmelade; she sprinkled a pot full of rose petals with sugar and then stuffed doughnuts once the marmelade was ready and fried them lightly! She always had a vase with freshly cut flowers on the table and all these aromas would make my mouth water!
That is what Baby Doll reminds me of.
It is a great fragrance, it is a shame it does not come as an EDP concentration as I would appreciate to have a bottle of EDP when I have a busy day and have no time or facilities to reapply the fragrance.
Highly recommended as:
* it does not smell like anything I smelled so far
* it is a very distinctive, not a typical fruity floral fragrance
* it is a very affordable fragrance, considering its quality

Warning: If you are into rose/pineapple notes, you may fall head over heels with it!
(The most prominent fruity note is not syrupy or artificial, it actually smells like a chunk of fresh,juicy and succulent slice of pineapple :-) )

megannsmom
megannsmom

After reading the reviews, I wasn't sure what the expect with this one. But I was offered a 3.3oz for $10, so I went ahead and got it; wow, am I glad that I did! Lydiamarine is right; pink rose petals dusted with sugar. I am not a huge fan of rose scents, they always smell somehow dated or too mature to my nose.....like something a very serious "Mother-In-Law" would wear. (I'm a Mother-In-Law though....just not a "serious" one, lol)But Baby Doll is lovely! Just the right amount of tender rose with a bit of tart sweetness and an underlying warmth to wrap it all up. Girly? NO. Feminine? Absolutely!

Lydiamarine

Well, I bought a LE of Baby Doll which I found discounted online (Baby Doll Precious) and I can say that I just LOOOOVE it! It smells like crystallized sugar on pink rose petals and smells heavenly. Not cloying, not tart, not nausiating... Perfect for happy summer days. I wasn't a fan of rose scents at all but this just got me. My second favorite after Flowerbomb.

mrssweetiebear
mrssweetiebear

My most fave summer fragrance. I have rarely been without a bottle since 1999. But only the original not all the various other editons of Baby Doll this and that in later years. To me this is the classic fruity floral which works well for me in my tropical island climate. Other websites list grapefruit as the first top note and it is what my nose detects the most. Strange and confusing that grapefruit is not even listed on the description I read here. Whatever. I just know that I LOVE YSL Baby Doll - both the juice and the bottle. I have 2 complaints however. It is not a lingering scent so that I need to reapply frequently. Also, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find. Baby Doll is often touted as a young or youthful scent. Yea, that's me...60 years young!

Lydiamarine

I am really confused about this one...

I really want to love it because the bottle is soooooo lovely, a must have on dresser :)

I tried this today because I wanted to decide whether to buy it online or skip to another parfume.

At first I told the sales assistant to spray it on a sample paper because the weather was so hot and I didnt want to stink of a sour nasty fragrance (depending on the comments here).
On paper, it smelled very sharp I have to admit, but also not bad. I am not a rose scent fan, not at all, but this one was kinda silky rose and likeable, so I told him to spray it on my wrist and then the magic happened.
The opening was again sharp and fizzy, but after 10 minutes it settled and start smelling fresh flowery and sweet at the same time, not pink sugar or escada summer fragrances kinda sweet though.

It is definitely not very very girly but feminine and little bit grown up. I think it is a perfume for those who usually like sweet or musky powdery scents but want to smell more feminine and serious sometimes... Not a classic type of feminine perfume but very modern and distinct.

On my skin it didnt gone sour and the SA said that it is not very usual that this fragrance settles this good on a skin.
Yeah everything sounds good this far but... Yes, there is a but... I am still not sure if I would have fun wearing this. It is not a type of fragrance I am used to but smells not bad at all on my skin and elegant.
I dont know, I need help :)

Edit: A woman commented that it smells like an old shampoo brand fragrance which I really like. And I think this is definitely a summer fragrance, maaaybe fall.

polka
polka

I really do not understand where does its name come from. Everything can be said about this fragrance, but not that it’s “doll-yish”. When I hear "baby doll", I tend to visualize a small, rosy-cheeked creature with a thoughtless, empty stare, adorned with - horror of horrors! – bows and ribbons.

This frag is nothing like that. It's – these are the best words I can think of – self-confident and assertive. And changeable. Sometimes tangy and fizzy, which I like. Sometimes slightly sweet and a little bit flirty, but never complaisant. Suave at times. It does not go girly on my skin. It’s not the Lolita type of scent at all.

I am tempted to say that it is the smell of fruits in champagne, but this does not reflect complexity and ambiguity of the frag. The bottle is pretty and… soooo hopeless ergonomics-wise. I can forgive it however, because the content is really adoring. And very long-lasting.

sofiii
sofiii

Baby Doll is cute, yong and girly optmistic. Somehow it puts a smile on my face when I smell it. It gives me a weird pink "synesthesia"(the first time I've ever got one), I can see pink fluffy cute bunny outfits! Not in a sexual way, but more a Japanese Lolita/Harajuku mix way.

It starts with a burst of fresh fruity sweetness, a little bit sweet citrusy and nice pineapple (not the sugary synthetic pineapple like Lil'Angel from Harajuku Lovers, thank goodness), with a tiny bit cold floral kind of powdery undertone.

Later on it's sweeter in a nice juicy pineapple way plus some faint floral hint which mainly smells like fresh lily and freesia with a little silky rose hint. It is nice inoffensive, typical post-2000 type of pink floral fruity perfume.

Same as PinkyStuff, I bought Baby Doll because of the Cult following in Asian countries (at least Japan and China?). I am Chinese and nearly all my non-perfumeholic friends have this one. However, I would say it's just a nice inoffensive pink perfume. It might play its magic in front of Asian who prefer light fruity scent with an unsophiscated nose to perfumes; it cannot really be most of the perfumistas' 'fall-in-love'/'get-you-an-engagement' type of perfume.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Baby Doll is so delicious! It opens with opulent fruits, a little spicy but never offend, just little reminds your nose of a new exotic pretty journey. The yummy fruits linger for a while and then give way to a happy flowers party. The blend of freesia and rose is so nice, it just achieves a subtle balance of being innocent over feminine.

The bottle shape, the color of the juice is simply irresistible to me. I have a 50ml bottle. It absolutely stays in my favorites.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Weak and too floral..Gave it away..big waste of money..I ran across it in Marshal's and thought. I'd try it since it was yves saint laurent..A $20 I will never get back..Just thinking bout the smell makes me want to cry.

seaghostdusk

This has to be one of my absolute least favorite scents I have ever had. It smells like grapefruit and vanilla at the same time. I thought that since it was pink,it seemed like a light and airy scent. It is heavy and it gives me a headache. If you like a heavy,fruity fragrance,this might be for you. I don't like it,but I like woodsy,powdery scents.

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

Baby Doll reminds me of my vivacious high school years (not that long ago). It's cheeky and stands out, and its flacon is like a grown-up girls spinning top.

However, I find the fragrance too superficial and sweet. Its a scary cacophony of sugar and flowers and fruit. There's also a creepy lingering grapefruit scent which I cant stand.

Like all 'teen' fragrances, its memorable in its own way, but I'll never buy it.

this has to be one of the foolest fragrance even smelled by my nose. I can understand that others may like it. I think it clashes with my chemistry because while everyone describe this as candy and sweet I can definetely smell a sour tomato leaves-like smell that I can't stand. My fault because I don't like tomato even as a food, let alone the smell. Babydoll lasts long. I'm happy for all the ones who can wear this at their ease. I just can't. The bottle is very beautiful.

guest_angelablue
guest_angelablue

This is a favorite of mine. I get so many compliments from men on this scent. Women stop me in the elevator and ask me what I'm wearing. The apricot and red current stand out at first on my skin. Then subtly, the rose and a wisp of tonka blend effortlessly and start to play a role. Overall, creating a beautiful and flirty scent. Fresh and fruity and clean and most of all fun. I love the bottle and catch myself "spinning" the bottle on my dresser when I walk past. Will continue to buy forever. ;-)

Rouu
Rouu

when i saw that name ( baby doll ) i expected somthing soo sugary and tasty i mean gourmand fruity, but i was shocked ..!!
its soo fruity , elegant , feminine , and fresh i adore the middle note so soft with enormous touch of grapefruits ..!!
the base note is soo classy and warm with some vanilla touch ..!!

i got it weeks ago and i luved it so much

kittymoon
kittymoon

So fresh, so sweet, so girly. This is the perfect innocent summer perfume. Baby Doll makes me happy! I just read that grapefruit scent makes you seem 10 years younger. Give me another bottle! Yeah! :)

selinum28
selinum28

I find this better than Parisienne, although I don't like the endings of this one either. However, Baby Doll is charming in its own way most of the time. It starts delicately tropical. Then, fruity notes fade and the whole scent becomes very English... I have never been in England, but it reminds me so much everything considered fine, elegant and British here in the south: exquisite confectionary done with berries and herbs; perfumed waters and teas; rose products, etc. I wouldn't buy it, but it is not disappointing as Parisienne.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I purchased this one rather inexpensive and it was ok, I hardly wore it. I was reading the reviews and decided to revisit it. To my surprise I really like it specially now that the summer days are approaching. It smells fruity but not overly sweet with grapefruit notes very feminine. I reminds me a lot Parisienne the new fragrance by YSL.

serenity3107
serenity3107

this fragrance smells like floor cleanser...it smells too much like chemicals, can't stand it and can't understand the fuss about it
the bad thing is that i really wanted to like this one :(
oh one more thing the perfume inside the bottle was colorless and not pink

Puma
Puma

Another wonderful fragrance from YSL house! Fruity, elegant and feminine.

ananda
ananda

Baby Doll started out nice and pretty on my skin, but after a few minutes it became more and more sour. That just didn't stop until it quickly turned into a very synthetic nasty smell, like an overheated cotton-candy machine! So strong and chemical, almost metalic, very weird smelling! It really didn't agree with my skin...
Baby Doll is longlasting, which is great for those who have a good body chemistry for it.
The bottle is very pretty, but I just don't like the juice.

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

Dont like it. Its got that fruity sweetness kinda thing, which is off-putting.
Howeva if your into oyur fruity cocktails with syrup then this is made for you.
Cute flacon thou.

liongigi
liongigi

Grapefruit, always remains when I wear this in edt. The name reminds me of my daughter she is nine. She calls these types of scents freshess. May be I will give it to her. Pre-teens and teens should try this. If you like fresh citrus floral scents that sting this is the the one for you. Still looking fresh lady like scent?

Ouch!
Ouch!

Naming a perfume Baby Doll does not a sweet scent make!

The only way I can describe this scent it..ZING!!!! It's zingy and fruity and smells almost fizzy. A huge rose and blackcurrant opening. It's like a younger sister to Parisienne. Both are bright bouncy youthful and pink scents but this one has a punch of fizziness that's kinda irresistible. It's almost effervescent!This is the first perfume that is tart, but in a good way. No sweetness here at all.

The drier stages see it becoming juuuust that little bit too pungent florally. It's at risk of becoming heady and could be overpowering so..I think a light hand will make sure this smells how it's supposed to. I still love this stage though.

This would be lovely in spring/summer. Wearing it would probably give you a little bounce in your step! It's great!

Overall I would say that this starts out with such a punch...which I like...it switches to the base notes VERY quickly though. Literally within about an hour I only have the florals left and they fade quickly. I feel like it needs more balance so the top notes last a bit longer.

alphala
alphala

This is a very girly, fresh, clean and soapy fragrance. You feel full of vitality wearing this one. It's not sweet at all, but very intensive. Like fresh out of the shower. One of my favorites

Monos
Monos

Cute bottle,very strong little perfume though. I had it for ages having used just the tiny bit of it every time.It's a special,fruity,sweet,summery smell with a bit of underlying bitterness of grapefruit.I would buy it again!...

ktv0926
ktv0926

Cute little perfume with such a positive and cheerful attitude. Depressions wouldn't exist if only everything smelt like Baby Doll!

Mrs.YoungLady
Mrs.YoungLady

Smell fresh and grapefruit at the beginning, but after 10 minuts its smell strong and a little rude but still floral and grapefruity.
I don`t understand if I love it or not but there is something very attractive in this perfume. So I guess I kinda like it.

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

When I saw the name "Baby Doll", my associations were: sugar, sweet-smelling flowers, cotton candy. But then - a big surprise! Baby Doll isn't a gourmand perfume at all, it's very floral, with a hint of grapefruit. At first I wasn't very fond of it, but then I started to appreciate its beauty. The note I can smell the most is rose. It is in fact a bit soapy, almost not sweet at all, at least in my opinion, but it's enchanting and fresh, perfect for everyday use. Baby Doll is like a charming girl, head-in-the-clouds type, in a delicate pink dress, with her curious huge eyes open wide and her lips curled in a perfect little "o" - cute and innocent.

I had already used up the whole bottle, and I got a new one with shimmer, because I love it this much. When I spray it, it almost takes me to another world, where everything is peaceful, magical and beautiful. Baby Doll is my precious little treasure.

Its only weak side is that it doesn't last very long, maybe an hour, an hour and a half. It's such a shame!

Zaleska
Zaleska

A big, giant, huge, enormous...guava. I didn't test it on my skin, but I felt like eating guava. Nhammmm!

LenaBel
LenaBel

When I just applied it it smelled really nice and maybe even fresh, like spicy pink grapefruit. But after about an hour it settled down and it smells sour and artificial now, unpleasant. Not for me.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Absolutely delicious, totally pink grapefruit to me, leaves you wanting more and more! Very feminine and girly girly, average staying power, but truly a feel good kind of perfume; makes you feel young, beautiful, feminine, ready to be discovered, like a little primadonna in disguise; a forever attraction, light and commitment free, flirty and fun! Love this one!

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I had this many years ago. I gave it to my elder sister as she said she liked it. Now I think I really miss this scent and I bought another one from the net, hoping the scent would be the same as many years ago. I love this and I understand why it won the fifi award. It's a pioneer of floral fruity scent, it's a well developed one. Many floral fruity scents came after this but most of them don't have any depth or charater. Baby Doll is fruity, sweet, warm and insteresting. Maybe the tonka bean and vanllia bring the scent to another stage and soften the sharpness of the floral fruity scnet. I love it.

Annie_D
Annie_D

Not what I was expecting at all! This pretty little pink bottle named baby doll. The first spray I was blasted with a sharp note of grapefruit, not bad just sharp and making a statement. Fading to a rosy-floral type scent that still packs a tart note. It is different and not what I was expecting.

I thought it would be more girly, instead I got a playful, feminine, and respectable scent. It was definitely not as fruity as I expected, but instead a touch of citrus!

ramiske
ramiske

I was surprised by this one. I was expecting something really sweet since I read it was 'for the younger crowd'. The top notes are definitely grapefruit and rose, but they fade to a really nice floral with hints of citrus. I think anyone of any age could wear this, especially for spring/summer!

the first notes are not baby girlish at all.just too much citruses with some green notes.it's very fresh at the first sniff.
but the middle notes are really lovely,with plenty and over plenty of roses.I think it's signature of YSL young fragrances like "pont des amours".still there are a hint of orange in the middle notes.in addition there's something very sour(I guess it can be green apple or pine apple).I can summarize the middle notes in 2 words:rose+sourness.
it's not a powdery classic middle aged rose like kenzo flower or pont des amours.it's a very mild and modern romantic rose for young audiences.
this is my favorite YSL perfume and although it's good for teenagers too,I don't consider it as a sole age-limited perfume.

Anna_C
Anna_C

Just plain aweful! Soooo disappointing! It smells very plain nothing memorable at all and quite honestly, the drydown smells plastic-y and a little cheap which in turn makes me feel a little cheap and it doesnt even last very long!...well maybe thats a good thing... Not worth it. Cute bottle design tho.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Smells like PURE grapefruit and I am not crazy about this but the bottle is so lovely I would buy it just for that! Have you seen the 1 oz bottle? So teeny tiny and cute!

I received this perfume as a gift along with 3 other fragrances, so it went unnoticed for a while. When I finally got around to wearing it, I was quite pleasantly surprised.

The first initial spray is a strong, citrusy burst of pineapple and orange which smells a lot like tropical fruit juice, but in a nice way. The fragrance quickly mellows, and although you can still smell the citrus notes, there are more flowery notes like rose and lily of the valley.

Wearing this fragrance is a lot of fun, making you feel really girly and comfortable. However, be warned that this perfume is rather strong and that it has been known to give people headaches if used in large quantities.

wallflower
wallflower

it was my first 'expensive perfume' when i was about 15.:)
in fact my mother bought it which is funny coz she never uses perfumes but she liked it so much.
for me it was an ok scent, i used it all up, but i never really liked it. it kinda annoyed me with its really sharp, tart smell and i couldn't stand the weird rose-cedar base.
i think envy me and bright crystal smell similar but i like them so much better.

alicektn
alicektn

The fragrance starts with a happy and beautiful burst of fruitness, some of the best top notes I have ever smelled! After a while the whole fruitness blends with delicate and powdery rose notes, providing a fresh and feminine aura. The drydown is a soft vanillic and woodsy combination, not very noticeable. Overall the lasting power is medium.

For me this is a scent that can be worn from women of all ages.It balances between youth and mature. It also can be used day and night without getting annoying or boring.

kahokero
kahokero

I agree with Malibu. This one definitely smells a lot more floral than the other floral-fruity fragrances. However, that is the unique part of this fragrance. With all those floral smells, I feel like I am getting better value for money because it means that it is not just a candy fragrance, it has some more elegant and more expensive ingredients.

Malibu
Malibu

My problem with BABY DOLL is that the floral notes are far too strong. I adore the spicy fruits & the cedarwood in the base. But all of the combined florals never fail to give me a headache. The staying power of BABY DOLL is great & the pink bottle, shaped like a spinning top is lovely. If only I weren’t so scent sensitive, I’d have found a winner.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I hate the name- it really sets a low bar for this scent. I happen to love grapefruit, however, so I kind of like the perfume, but not enough to spend much money on it- if I ever see it cheap (under $20) I might give it a try.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I'm not sure about this. Nice bottle, nice name... but the perfume is so average, I expected more. Maybe it needs another chance?
Just sniffed it again and miracle happened! It smells so juicy and fruity sweet, that I'm now feel kinda liking for it.

veruska
veruska

i'm sure all of you will hate me but i found Baby doll the one YSL should forget and discontinue.I was given it as a gift many-many years ago and i dislike it immediately.I don't have anything against young fruity floral things as long as they smell good but this one is'nt. Good thing that Luca Turin agrees with me!people talk about grapefruit, but instead i get a very alcoholic black currant top, and then a lily of the valley dressed with an ammoniac veil that sadly lasts and lasts. The vanilic almost caramelized drydown is the only passable moment.What a pity for the adorable bottle!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Grapefruit really stands out in this perfume. I dont detect the vanilla but that may just be on my skin. I loved it at first but it didnt grow on me.

Helene
Helene

Orange, pineapple and heliotrope- exotic and feminine/
SWEET and makes me smile! )))

nikoly
nikoly

it's so cute, i like it a lot, awesome, in our country there is no perfumes by Yves Saint Laurent, and i have a lot of memories, because my Boyfriend bought it specialy for me

tangledvines
tangledvines

*A sickly cute story*

My husband calls me "Baby Doll" and when he came across this perfume and saw the name, he said he had to purchase it for me even though he had no idea of what it smelled like. He hoped it would be a pretty scent. He was right! I love it! It's unique, and yes, a bit grapefruity....but in a very light and sweet way. It mixes well with the other notes and creates a very beautiful scent. I adore it.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I really love this perfume, it smells amazing on my skin, but it's definitely not for everyone. My friend tried it and it smelled terrible on her, so with this perfume its' all chemistry. Is very strong at the beginning but fades into beautiful floral and fresh scent. It is a very expensive smell, every time I am wearing it people stop me on the street and asking what I am wearing. Love it!!!

Taliera
Taliera

I'm not going to say I hate it, but I don't particularly like it. I bought it a few years back when I fell in love with the ad, having never smelt the perfume (see how young and gullible I was, at 14...) So now I am keen to give it away. As of the fragrance - it is sweet and cutie-pie and fruity. Nothing sophisticated or intriguing - but I must say it is delicious. If this was a food, I would eat it...

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

Nice girly scent for any season of the year! It's very fruity (grapefruit) but you can smell the gentle florals when it dries down! This is not an innocent, elegant scent.. rather playful and flirtatious. I like how it doesn't smell like yummy food. It's a little complex (like most expensive perfumes) and therefore a little headache inducing for me. Takes only a little while to get used to. And the scent lasts for quite a while!

luisa margarita
luisa margarita

on my skin i can smell a LOT of roses..... then it emerge a superinteresting base.. soft and radiant... very very feminine

sonrise
sonrise

The four tiny bottles were packaged smartly. They are very cute. I am hoping to get a miniature bottle, that's agreat way to figure out if you like a scent without sinking in alot of money. I have a ton of miniatures.

nezzabel
nezzabel

Baby Doll was my very first "real" perfume and I must say, was my first love! This fruity floral made my head spin with the beautiful bottle and it's incredible fruity fun juice!
Ah Baby Doll is so pretty: the way the roses embraces the the fizzy grapefruit and the pinneaple and the vanilla-tonka base... it's marvelous!
Such an happy scent!=)
For me, it's suitable for warmer weather and for everyone that enjoys a lovely and unique fruity-floral scent!

Em89
Em89

i brought it on sale, absolute bargain. its light, fresh and inoffensive, but i find it doesn't last long. great for work. definately for the teens to mid 20's.

soirdelune
soirdelune

I'm a fan of grapefruit notes, so I rushed into buying this perfume. Shame as, with wear, I realised it really wasn't for me. It's too saccharine and, dare I say, a bit too 'young' (I was around 30 when I started to wear this scent). Still, it's inoffensive and actually rather pretty -- just not for a woman of the world like me!

guest_pippi
guest_pippi

I liked it at a glance. it is also the only YSL parfume I could ever wear. bittersweet, like a grapefruit. apple and black current are very strong, even overwhelming,strong rose and cedar.sometimes I even got a headache from it, despite I'm generally using very small amounts of a perfume.but Istill like it very much.it is ok for everyday or summer

ydee
ydee

It's lovely, begins very fruity I like the pineapple smell it very well, a nice sweet and fresh fruity mix.
Than soft fresh flowers and bit sweet.
Can't say what I smell at the end of it.
Not as long lasting though.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Alas, the first Yves Saint Laurent I like! I agree it smells like an orange candy, or almost like a sweet orange cream soda drink to me. I love it, now that I have a sample and wore it. When I smelled this at a perfume store, I hated it and thought it was boring, but it's beautiful. I think my perfume taste is changing dramatically... :) It's sweet and fruity, and a bit flowery. Something I could wear everyday, it's very carefree and casual, although it's not boring or dull.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

Fruity and fresh at the beginning, flowery at the middle and warm in the end. It smell like orange candy, but not those sickening sweet scent. It's for young lady with fun personality but still chick and feminime.

The bottle is gorgeous, though.

2007

Baby Doll by Yves Saint Laurent 3.61 out of 5 based on 1347 ratings and 214 user reviews

17.95 GBP
Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Baby Doll by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Baby Doll by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.