Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

coffee
Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Videos
Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Nuit Blanche Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent launched Black Opium in September 2014, the new fragrance announced as the rock'n'roll interpretation of the classic celebrating the dark, mysterious side of the YSL brand. In late August 2015, Black Opium Eau de Toilette was also presented. In early 2016, its third edition called Black Opium Nuit Blanche appears.

Nuit Blanche is an annual arts festival in Paris, which lasts all night. Black Opium Nuit Blanche is inspired by the night life of the city that never sleeps, promising the mysterious and unpredictable experience of an electric night in which everything is possible. Between tension and sensuality, audacity and femininity, the perfume combines the energy of coffee with sparkling orange blossom, illuminated by white musk. There are notes of silky smooth rice, Bourbon pepper, orange blossom absolute, Black Opium coffee, vanilla absolute, sandalwood and white musk.

The bottle design is very similar to the original. The difference is in the details like the color of the cap, which is in rose-gold, and white sequins. It is available as 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum.

Rice Bourbon Pepper Anise

Black Opium Sparkle Clash Limited Collector`s Edition Eau de Parfum

Black Opium Nuit Blanche Fragrance Reviews

Bee-young-ka
Bee-young-ka

I don't often give reviews in this tone but I'm feeling let down.

Lead astray by the faulty notes description I was hoping for black opium with caramel but caramel DOES NOT EXSIST!

I bought blind so shame on me for getting fooled but not only does this lack the caramel but I'm struggling to find the 'pepper'. Bourbon or otherwise.

is this really any different to Black opium?

and for that matter is Black Opium any different to Diesel's Loverdose?
the answer is yes.

Loverdose is better.

Is this really the latest Opium offering from YSL?

oh dear me! at least the bottle is glittery.

so glad I only purchased 30ml.

mimissekat
mimissekat

To begin with my nose tricked me to believe this smelled absolutely like the original Black Opium. But after testing them again on my skin, my nose has finally given up on the tricks. This is so much more milky and creamy, while original is a bit more fruity. This has no fruits in it at all, while original has pear, at least in the opening. This is so much better and more coffee/creamy. Black Opium is quite boring compared to this, and this one also lasts a bit longer. Lovely perfume! And beautiful bottle.

A lot like Black Opium, but less sweet. Its sweet but not overly sweet in my opinion. I like the coffee-note, it gives a warm aura. 2 spray for daytime - 4-5 sprays for partytime. Timeless, both for the teenager and the mature woman.

Ganska lik Black Opium men mindre söt. Den är söt men inte överdrivet söt, tycker jag. Jag gillar kaffe-noten för den ger en skön varm aura. 2 sprej för dagtid, 4-5 sprej för partytime. Tidlös - passar både tonåringen och den mogna kvinnan.

Malibu
Malibu

I don't get any peppery or bourbon notes; on me Nuit Blanche is all about the creamy milk, the vanilla, the warmth of the caramel. There is a powdery undertone to the sweetness, which I'm guessing comes from a quiet mix of white florals.

There seems to be a undertone of something nutty here too, and the woody base and light hint of coffee tones down the sweetness which adds more of a mature feel to the fragrance as it dries down. Longevity is good: I get a very respectable eight hours - it goes close to the skin after around 4 hours though, so it does seem quite 'quiet'. A fantastic fragrance for colder weather, as it is so warm and snuggly.

I don't think that this is a "bad" fragrance, heck I find it much easier to wear in comparison to the other Black Opium perfumes.

I just won't buy it (I have a 7.5ml mini bottle) because it is very similar to Britney Spears Private Show - a huge price difference. Why spend more money on something when there is a perfectly good alternative available for a fraction of the price?

dina
dina

I much prefer this one over the original. While the latter reminds me of Black XS l’Excès, I find Nuit Blanche very similar to CD Hypnotic Poison, even better without that off-putting root beer underlying note.

It's pretty spicy, sweet and sexy... A perfect gourmand!

sabrina.vanacker
sabrina.vanacker

The original is heavy for my taste, tried it and got blown out of my shoes.
So left it.
By accident i got attacked by a sales lady with this one weeks later, never knew it was an other one, so i left with a Boss scent.
Got home and kept smelling my hand, with a big ????? on my forhead.
when i wanderd in to the city i always end up in a parfum store, and rememberd the smell, so i look fore it, then i saw that there were others.....
got one....surprise.....love it, love it, love it.

barentonwithaba
barentonwithaba

A very nice milky vanilla caramel coffee scent that gets a soft boost from the orange blossom and peony that keeps it from being too sweet. A light powdery smell comes through from the orange blossom but balances well with the coriander and sandalwood. I prefer this one over any others.

BABYBEAR1910
BABYBEAR1910

The most Gourmand fragrance I've tested to date.

A Liquorice overkill lasting all the way through to the dry down which made it impossible for me to identify any of the other notes.

Sillage 3/10
Longevity 2/10

Yessamin
Yessamin

According to the sample I got:
A luminous trail journeys to the end of the night. The energy of black coffee embraces a vibrant orange blossom, enlightend by white musk.An electrifying thrill of feminity.
Coffee acord, orange blossom, sandalwood, white musk.

I have to say that this one is not much differente from Black opium EDP, but there are subtles differences that make this one lighter to me and therefore more appealing in terms of not being so overwhelming.
Lovely fragance.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Lifeless flanker. You'll be better of with just any celebrity juice - like Spears or Perry. They smell better than this cheap concoction with its low quality dustlike musks.

Nostalgicagirl
Nostalgicagirl

I have a tester of Black Opium eau de parfum and now the Nuit Blanche. They both smell the same, except for a very slight difference in sweetness, the Nuit Blanche is sweeter that's all no complexity at all! There is nothing much else different about the two. Not worth buying, if I was to choose I would pick the eau de parfum, at least its more complex and I like that I can smell it on myself, the la nuit is just a waste of time, dont bother with this one!

Soofiya
Soofiya

I own and like black opium very much but black opium Nuit blanche was a love at first sniff,I've just tried it once on my wrist so I can't write a real review,I can just say they are more than 80% similar so if you're looking for a totally different fragrance,it will dissapoint you.it's original BO with some changes and those changes make it Devine IMO
Unlike other reviewers I find nuit blanche sweeter than original,but it's less heavy.lets say it's sweeter but in a very creamy way.I also find coffee well pronounced here.I couldn't detect caramel and milk in my first and only test,but they're there for sure.making it's sweetness buttery and edgeless.I can get more orange blossom here that makes it more powdery in it's middle notes...original black opium had a hint of fruitchouli thing and I believe that's what put me off at the first place,but in nuit blanche instead of fruitchouli sharpness,there's milk and creamy and powdery notes
I think I loved nuit blanche so much because of the rice note.I simply adore rice in fragrances and it adds a unique milky rice pudding thing and also kind of calmness and soothing quality that it's to die for.BONB is like a love child of original BO and Kenzo Amour so no wonder I loved it at first sniff (ofcourse mostly like BO and slightly like Kenzo Amour)
I find it as longlasting as the original.sillage is the same too,however it feels less because of it's smoothness but it's noticable even after hours and even by myself. smelling a soft cloud of my perfume arounds me makes me happy and this thing doesn't happen most often so I appreciate it alot
BONB is among my ten ASAP wantlist and is among my choices for my birthday present
❤❤❤❤❤

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Really enjoyable winter fragrance. Coffee is really dominant and strong, but shaped to feel like visit to finest cafeteria. it's not like you're working in a coffee factory.
It is creamy and cozy, perfect for winter.

slavka.filipova
slavka.filipova

I have Black Opium and i like but...somethings missing for me to love it. I received a sample of this one and i expected that i won't like it but i have to say i do, a lot, or maybe even love the scent. We shall see in time how our relationship will continue but for now i can say that i will wear this one much more it is definitely a softer and creamier, tone down version of the original Black Opium EDP. I will stick to Nuit Blanche for now!

At first I was very confused with this perfume. I don't like the original Black Opium but I smelled this one on a friend once and I loved it. I bought a big bottle without trying it on my skin.

When I first sprayed it, it was a lot sweeter than I remembered it on my friend (that's why you should always test perfumes on your own skin)and I didn't like it, I thought I made a big mistake. But the more I wear it, the more I like it. It smells like coffee with milk and vanilla. I am going to wear this a lot during winter, it's a beautiful and very feminine scent.

herzl_f
herzl_f

I think I found a decent dupe for this Black Opium Nuit Blanche: "Black Musk" from The Body Shop. I own both perfumes, and I find that the initial smell of each from the first spritz on my skin is very similar to one another. Try to test both in each arm simultaneously. :) (However, BONB's scent changes every after a few minutes or hours even, while TBS Black Musk's scent dissipates quickly (around an hour) on my skin. Hmm you get what you pay for haha

BONB is the best among the Opium line for me. Its sweet smell is even smoother and somewhat "gentler" than the Black Opium edt/edp (perhaps because of the rice and milk notes). Opium is not sweet at all, that's why it is my least favorite. (Just personal preference, though)

I want to commend the review video on the Youtube channel "GeraldAndrewYou" for a great description of the main notes present in this perfume. Check out his video if you have the time. :)

trucalling
trucalling

While I have no problem with sweet, gourmand scents (even though I prefer the aquatic, fresh ones), this scent is a tiny bit boring to me. It is a flat fragrance, only sweet, no twist, nothing characteristic, I find it too general for a gourmand perfume. I mean, even gourman perfumes should have something unique or appealing. Unfortunately Opium Nuit Blanche does not have that special something for me.

I don't see much of a difference between this one and the EDP version. Smells exactly the same to me.
Extremely sweet. Most dominant notes are vanilla, caramel, coffee and milky notes.
Smells like a dessert with synthetic flavorings.
I think it's nice for such a sweet scent, quite well balanced, but I am not impressed.
I guess, I am not such a fan of gourmand scents after all.

Delila
Delila

Almost exactly the same as Black Opium, only even sweeter and simpler. So it's the opposite of what one would expect of a night version of a fragrance, where a classier, calmer depth is expected. BONB smells cheap, of sugary caramel and chemicals.

It's actually more shockingly celeb/pharmacy-style than regular Black Opium. Katy Perry's Meow smells incredibly similar to this (only better IMHO). Certainly I prefer regular Black Opium, which has the (undeclared) dark berry juice to moderate the sweetness, and more vanilla than caramel.

Just like regular Black Opium, BONB contains zero coffee, else the formulators chose a note to which a subset of the population is entirely anosmic.

I should point out that I like many sweet fragrances that others may think lack a little sophistication, but even for me BONB going too far. It's surprising that YSL would even experiment with a product like this.

(It's interesting in the data above that females below the age of 25 universally Love or Like this. Over the age of 25 there is a dramatic shift, with many Dislikes and fewer Loves.)

At first it seems to be very nice, lighter than the first Black Opium. However, after some time it's strange. Half oriental and half gourmand. I like it and I think that the bottle is magnificent, but it's not enough to buy it.

nightcutter
nightcutter

This is my favourite of the Black Opium range. It's an improved version of the EDP with better longevity and complexity. It's comforting, romantic and addictive.

ladenu
ladenu

Wow so delicious and luxurious at the same time. Reminds me of coffee time and complimentary desserts. :)

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I tried this fragrance yesterday and I liked the scent. It was a faminine perfume with floral and powdery accords. The dominant notes are Vanilla and coffee. This perfume is perfect for cold seasons and both longevity and projection are excellent.

Zleepyzoe

I feel obligated to write a second review because since I purchased my full size bottle, I've felt like my first review doesn't do it justice.

When I was using my sample I thought the longetivity kind of sucked... However, this fragrance actually IS long-lasting in the contrary to what I used to believe, especially on clothes. Furthermore it seems as it lasts longer than what I can feel on myself because I have received several compliments and questions about what I'm wearing long after I thought it already had disappeared.
I tried the original Black Opium once again I really can't STAND it, I completely detest it to be completely honest. Nuit Blanche however, smells nothing like the original in my opinion and I never would've guessed that there's any connection between the two. This is a delicate, flirtatious and sexy fragrance that I've been wearing for every evening event or party night since I bought it, and it really seems to be a crowd pleaser. In fact, this is one of the few perfumes that I can see myself re-purchasing again and again; I'm already planning on buying a second bottle JUST IN CASE of it being discontinued lol.

LoreleiBluebird
LoreleiBluebird

Didn't expect to even like this let alone entirely fall in love with it! I don't like Black Opium at all, it seems crass and so very like many other current scents, and I am not the target age group for this type of fragrance. Well basically I've been pouting ever since the original Opium disappeared... But Nuit Blanche, I love the way you sparkle and then settle into a gorgeously comforting gourmand that I can't stop sniffing. It's not too sweet, and I would say it's pretty unisex. Big win for this genre, and a full bottle purchase for me.

emmahlou
emmahlou

Love, love, love!

Nuit Blanche was a surprise find for me. I tested this by accident thinking I was testing the original Black Opium. This is a gorgeous mix of vanilla, coffee and orange blossom, fading with a hint of sandalwood to add a pinch of powder to the scent.

What I love about this one is the coffee and vanilla balance each other so well with the blossom adding a very sweet, floral twist on the scent.

10/10, IN LOVE!

gillbert
gillbert

comparing to the original Black Opium, Black Opium too sweet for me. This one is lighter version of Black Opium. More wearable, still sweet but not over done. The sweetness is just enough and balanced. It warmy, sensual, elegance and naughty vibe. Perfectly wear for winter, night out, party, dating and cold rainy day. This perfume remind me the betweeness Hypnotic Poison and YSL Manifesto

alextang2k
alextang2k

please bring us BLACK OPIUM POUR HOMME ........

Zleepyzoe

I got a sample of this perfume and have been in love ever since, it's top priority on my to buy-list and I can barely wait to have a full size bottle of it.
The smell is so LOVELY, it's sweet yet sophisticated and still intriguing.
I sampled the original Black Opium by mistake believing it was Nuit Blanche, however I didn't like it. NB is much more pleasant and soft whilst BO came off as too harsh in my opinion.
The only thing that's a shame is that it doesn't last very long at all on my skin, but by judging from others votings I'm guessing it has something to do with my skin chemistry rather than the perfume itself.

Divine Blue
Divine Blue

6 hours on and I can still faintly detect it on my wrist. It's the soft sweet ghost of Black Opium. Upon first spray it reminded me of a more refined Britney Spears' Fantasy, which I do love too. A gorgeous dry down which is romantic and quiet. The bottle is gorgeous.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

I got a sample of this and to my nose it smells very similar to Alien by Mugler. That's crazy, because they do not share a single note, but...c'est la vie!

Edit - I sprayed it this morning around 8 and it disappeared after 4/5 hours becoming softer and softer. I didn't like it because I 'couldn't get the hang of it'; at first it was similar to Alien and then, when it dried down it was just vague - vaguely sweet, vaguely floral, vaguely Opium Black. Both these perfumes have nothing to do with the original Opium, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but why not choosing a different name? As for the notes, I didn't get any coffee (the peculiarity of the series Opium Black, isn't it?) nor sandalwood. For me it's forgettable.

MyersAlice
MyersAlice

I've gotten a test of this perfume and I fell for it right away. It makes me want to embrace myself. I am definitely going to buy this as fast as I can.

Lali_7
Lali_7

I'm not a huge fan of the original and I hate the eau the toilette version. Nuit Blanche doesn't smell that much different from those two yet different enough to make me buy the whole bottle. It seems less sharp and there's something in it making it smell kind of "fresh" even though it's still very sweet. I like this quite a lot.

crystalplanet0013
crystalplanet0013

Softer and smoother than the original, yet still really cloying for me (although I tend to like sweet scents, but IMO this is just heavy, not conforting or sparkling sweet) Have to say I don't like the original at all, but I can bear with this one. Am I the only one smelling some kind of white chocolate in this?

auroramaria

I love Black Opium EDP but when I discovered Nuite Blanche I had to purchase a small bottle. It must be said that BO and Nuit Blanche smell quite similar but NB differs from BO EDP in being lighter and brighter.
Nuit Blanche is a more sophisticated scent the coffee is very prominenet on me and the vanilla is very creamy but not overly sweet. also the orange blossoms are quite intense.
I'm using this more during the day actually and BO at night.I love them both even if they are quite similar

li_day
li_day

I don't find much difference between Black Opium Nuit Blance and the EDP version of Black Opium. It's creamier and more airy, but there isn't much difference. I think it's the kind of perfume that is comforting while achieving to be loud as well.
As for the notes, I can't discern the pepper and sandalwood. Vanilla and rice are the prominent notes on my skin. It somehow reminds me of Kenzo Amour... And the scent is the same from beginning to end. I'd wear it for an intimate night.
Good projection and longevity without being overwhelming, but nothing new... I wouldn't buy a bottle but I'm happy I've got a sample.

dimplesg
dimplesg

I love this version of Black Opium. Whilst I like the original, I find it a little too heavy. This is perfect, the right blend and consistency of everything. I don't think it lasts very long with my body chemistry though!

massimilianoinquieto

Di cosa sa esattamente questo Black opium?
non riesco a identificare nessuna delle note elencate.
Qualcosa di piccante non ben definito,qualcosa di dolce e caramellato che stordisce e nausea,fiori non ben identificati che ricordano lo shampoo.
In realtà non sa di niente.
un odore dolce senza alcun senso.

Germany

I am a big fan of the original !

Blanche is nice right from the start , vanilla coffee sandalwood , pretty much my favourite notes , very smooth and sexy ! In my opinion the rice note is fantastic , the musk and the burbon pepper is a great addition . I have been wearing it since this morning and already got two compliments on this. Looks like a crowd pleaser.

Edit , today I am wearing the original and I have to say I still by far my favourite , nothing compares !
The original is sweeter , rounder smoother and yummier to me. Blanche is more diffused. ,,but I like the variation , I love flankers period ! It's always so exciting when a new edition comes out to a perfume you love :)

Madrona
Madrona

I wrote a review after trying the original Black Opium where I was on the fence because on the one hand, it smelled absolutely delectable, but there was a nauseous note that I could not get past - it made me realize that me and pink pepper truly do not get along.

This, on the other hand, is outstanding. Gone is the pink pepper, it is all cappuccino icecream with a hint of white flowers. The rice note works really well, I will probably get lynched for this but I smell the tiniest drop of Hypnotic Poison. Love it.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Very pretty, almost identical to the original but less sweet and a smidge fresher. If you find the original too thick/heavy, then this is definitely worth a test.
Moderate longevity, soft sillage.

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

I think this scent is very vulgar, and not in an interesting or sexy way. It is way too strong, and way too sweet. I thought Black Opium EDP was strong, this is sickly sweet (emphasis on SWEET). I couldn't scrub this off my skin soon enough after trying it.

Dort0625
Dort0625

I smelled this today, and I have to say it's smells exactly like the original, maybe just a little bit lighter and/or softer. But other than that it's the same scent. It bothers me when companies do this....oh yay oh wow look at our brand new product it's even better than the original ...except it's not!!!

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

“Black Opium Nuit Blanche” Yves Saint Laurent – 11.03.2016

I really like this version of Opium and I like it for all the wrong reasons.

When we are young, we have very a “childish” palate. The only thing we like is what tastes sweet.
It is only over the years that our palate refines and we learn to appreciate salt, sour and savory tastes. We learn (or become educated?) to love coffee, or spices like turmeric, Campari and gin, green tea, grapefruit…. (Brussels sprouts??).
It is only when we grow older that we move from milk chocolate to 99 per cent cocoa solids.

“Opium Nuit Blanche” is a childhood taste. And it is beautiful because of that.
It is almost identical to the “Black Opium” and has absolutely no resemblance to the original, vintage “Opium”.

“Opium Nuit Blanche” (just like “Black Opium”) is soft as cotton and has no edges. It has mass appeal for the younger generation who grew up in cities and have no idea what real plants smell like. I can see it suitable for all ages but, I can also understand why it would appeal mostly to the young.

The notes are warmly floral, aerial, balmy-cosmetical and sweetly spicy. A note of dark coffee is well connected with sandalwood in order to provide a dark raw undertone although the coffee note plays mostly a rounding role (side by side with vanilla) so, the aroma does not become “properly” dark.
The dry down is softly vanillin, still fruity and musky.

“Opium Nuit Blanche” embraces all the above with a touch of freshness/fruitiness so as to transform into a perfume more suitable for the spring time and for the summer evenings.

Opium, in both these versions, is, in my view, Yves Saint Laurent’s desperate attempt to stay current.

Having said that, and without reading too much into it, the perfume is sweet, modern and sexy, it has a good longevity and projection and it is very versatile.

There is no complexity of notes to create the definition of a sophisticated pleasure. Instead, like many perfumes which fall under the same trend of the moment, it is the headless chasing of a sugar hit (without the deep delayed satisfaction.)

It may not appeal to those who have a fuller spectrum of tastes and have waved a sweet farewell to the sweet perfumes.

"Opium Nuit Blanche" is what it is.
And for what it is, it is fabulous.

Enjoy the good perfume quest.
Regards
Josephine.

jovejove
jovejove

You can barely tell this apart from the original. Smells a little bit more luminous, but not by much.

raiza1990
raiza1990

This is the best of all 3 Black Opiums. It is sensual, feminine and elegant. Sillage is very good too, i was not expecting that!
Now, about the notes: all i get is rice and vanilla. I am ok with that, because i really do not miss the coffee or the orange blossom, but even as a rice and vanilla fan i must say here they´re a bit too sweet, and i do really love sweet fragrances. Is it also very linear. What you get at the first spray is all you will get.
Apart from that, i miss a tea note on this perfume, i think it would have being very nice.
I think it is a nice fragrance to have if you like rice, but it is definetely not the best one out there. Kenzo Amour and Loverdose Tattoo are more interesting.

jellybeantree

I am just about to finish a 90ml bottle and I won't repurchase . It's nice but I never got that many compliments wearing it and as it is long lasting I have more perfumes to conquer . I can't believe I am finishing the bottle though . Rare in my world !

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

So...how can I say, scentless? I sprayed once, I sprayed twice. It was still so light I would have gone on spraying, if the sales assistant hadn't been there.
I just couldn't seize it. Maybe that's why it's called Nuit Blanche? Because it's light?

What I could smell: At the beginning I was almost happy, apart of the "coffee" note (that to me smells like the liquorice in Loverdose). Reminded me for an instant of my beloved Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle, maybe because of the white flowers-vanilla-white musk combo.

After this instant it was gone. Now I can smell vanilla only if I really get very close to my wrist.

learnincurve
learnincurve

I had a EDP tester of this, and now I smell like every vanilla perfume ever made. It smell nice because vanilla smell nice, it's not special, it's not new or interesting. It's just vanilla. It most certainly is not worth £80, you could pick up any half decent vanilla based celebrity perfume and save yourself £60 by just telling people it's this and no one will be able to tell the difference.

edit: Thinking on this: For £80, I want a journey, I want a fanfare of an opening followed by a scent that evolves and changes, it should invoke memories, moods and places and there should be a long fading note at the end. One big note that overrides everything else and fades with time is just lazy design.

katemax
katemax

same as the review below, there is no need for this. to me its almost the same as black opium edp. I do love black opium and have a very good copy of it from perfume parlour. this flanker I like but its just the same smell, different bottle

Kmam
Kmam

Hey, I know what the world needs! Another vaguely pretty, sugary sweet, vanilla laced Flowerbomb/La Vie est Belle-alike which smells like every cosmetics counter on the face of the earth.

No, it doesn't, actually.

I feel that (even as a flanker) this offers nothing new or interesting. It's pretty enough, and doesn't project to the hideous distance of LVEB, but I just don't see the point of it.

snel hest
snel hest

This was new at my local Kicks store so I sniffed it from the bottle, I never sprayed as I didn't need to - my hands now smell of this perfume anyway.

All I can say is that it's so so so sweet and headache inducing, I am glad I didn't spray it.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Now those of you that have read my reviews will know I'm not always complimentary of L'Oreal's constant flankers, but this Blanche edition is quite good. If you find the original EDP a bit sickly or a bit cloying, then you may just like this, the coffee note is more prominent, it's less sugary. One thing I will say, is there is quality in this fragrance. Very good.

I like this the best of all the Black Opium, it is more floral, less gourmand , more in nuances...it is definitely the YSL quality, a gourmand with subtle hints of floral notes, if Black Opium was too rich for you, this is the version for you! Looking forward receiving my bottle, the sample was a delight to wear! This a flanker that adds subtle variations to a bold gourmand, lovely!!

Shiffy
Shiffy

Ricorda la versione originale ma solo un po', al contrario della versione intermedia edt che era quasi identica alla prima. Questa versione è meno pesante, più ariosa e più muschiata. Se il primo Black opium era adatto solo al periodo autunnale-invernale, questa nuova può andar bene tutto l'anno.

Eri1985
Eri1985

I say to blindly buy this perfume. Fortunately I not bought it and smelled it and did not like. I expected something better. Just because I love the Black Opium not vote negatively.

ahmedzg
ahmedzg

This is a toned down version of the original Black Opium.

It is a twist that could attract people who want a lower sugary/vanilla version of the original.

From a marketing perspective this works well.. especially with the great success the original achieved.

I would say that, in Arabia, the original still is the winner due to the tastes that prefer heavier perfumes (better longevity, sillage, and projection).

هذا العطر يعتبر نسخة مخففة من العطر الأصلي

هو تطور يمكن أن يجتذب الناس الذين يريدون نكهة سكرية / فانيليا أقل

من منظور التسويق هذا يعمل بشكل جيد .. خاصة بعد النجاح الكبير الذي حققه إسم بلاك أوبيوم

في المنطقة العربية, أعتقد أن الأصلي هو الرابح بين الإثنين حيث الإذواق تفضل العطورات التي تتمتع بالثبات و الفوحان

iloveravens
iloveravens

Now this is how black opium should have been in the first place, would have saved its self the brutal criticism it received.I have an on off thing with the original, hated it when it first appeared in the stores proclaimed I would never buy it, never ever, then winter hit and a tired morning led me to buy a bottle suddenly it's super sweet coffee seemed right..... For a few weeks then I realised that yet again it was all just too much. At a recent event I sprayed my little purse size and boom instant regret, exactly like having way too many cups of espresso, so when I saw the new version in debenhams I dismissed it. I had already tried the edt more of the same only fleeting I did not have high hopes but sprayed anyway ..... Absolute love from me the exclusion of darn patchouli and extra hit of of orange blossom and beautiful musk base makes this one a whole different coffee creature that I adore. fresher, more floral the vanilla is creamy yet airy, a little more closer in range but still very long lasting, yes this is a winner just hope it does not disappear from shelves to be replaced by twenty more versions of black opium.

Ewelii
Ewelii

similar but not the same like original more fresh it has two sides : vanilla, sweet milky coffee and some freshness added it, lasting power is good, I prefer this one it is not that banal like original.. i am going to buy a decant to check it deeper, but I need to admit it is interesting...

Musky4
Musky4

I definitely agree with the reviewer below me. This is so similar to the original Black Opium that once it's dried down, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them. The opening is slightly different, this one seems a bit fresher and I do think I prefer it, but if you have the original I doubt you'd need this one too. Strength and sillage quite poor on me, just like the original.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

I had the chance to test this yesterday in Debenhams and whilst it does open up less sweet to start with, once it's dried down to me it smells exactly the same as the original Black Opium. Unfortunately not enough difference for me to consider this alongside what I already have. It's still a lovely scent though!

massimilianoinquieto

Perchè usano la parola Opium per tutti questi profumi? Non sanno inventare un nome diverso?
Uguale a Black opium. non ci sento niente di diverso.

Germany

Can't wait to try this , looks great ! Glad the pear is gone but not happy that there is no patchouli ! Rice sounds great ! The sandalwood will make this creamier for sure !
I am still loving the original but I like when different versions come out. Makes you fall in love with the fragrance all over again. Often the flankers are improvements of the originals in my opinion. Or I guess at lest an interesting change ! Can't wait !
Some of you have found this already ? I have to hunt this down !

auroramaria

Tried Nuit Blanche this morning anf I found it very similar to the EDP just less sweet and a bit creamier.
It smells lovely with prominent orange blossoms and softness from the rice.Sillage is very good so it's longevity.It's not a heavy perfume but it lingers on so it's probably suitable for everyday wear.

jellybeantree

This smells great !! Just bought it! It is not as sweet as the original and more luminous . I love it ! Lasting power is great as well ! I was torn between buying Coco Mademoiselle edp or this . I chose this for some reason , it spoke to me .
If you have the original than you don't need this one ! They are very close ! If you felt that the vanilla was overwhelming in the original than this is great for you !

THE BOTTLE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

@Endymion

You just took my words from my mouth!

Endymion
Endymion

I can see Black Opium for men coming.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I LOVE the way it smells! I would say Black Opium Nuit Blache is definitely a softer and creamier version of the Black Opium edt.

Its not sickeningly sweet or fruity or charred. It has a softer sweetness and some creaminess to it due to the rice and musk notes. The orange blossom and vanilla werent overpowering.

I find it light and wonderful.

Stockhaus
Stockhaus

What's next? Opium Oud, I bet! ;)
Or Opium Black Oud :P

adonna
adonna

Honestly! Who comes up with these names? It must mean millions to keep 'OPIUM' in the title. Keep the bottle design OR when all else fails higher the best and trust them to make something New and amazing again.
The notes sound lovely and YSL makes quality, so I will be looking to try it.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Now, we're all waiting for "White Opium Nuit Noire" ! lol

HannahNori
HannahNori

Excited about this fragrance coming out!

I am happily bracing myself!!!

mirkamm
mirkamm

Brace yourselves, flankers are coming.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Nuit Blanche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Nuit Blanche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Opium Nuit Blanche by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Opium Nuit Blanche by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.