Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1061 I had it: 395 I want it: 562 My signature: 33

smoky
Body Kouros Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Body Kouros was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo. Top notes are eucalyptus and incense; middle notes are chinese cedar and clary sage; base note is benzoin.

Eucalyptus Incense

Chinese Cedar Clary Sage

Benzoin

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

Body Kouros Fragrance Reviews

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

Think I have the 2009 formulation with classic bottle.
I hated the original Kouros which to me smelt like body odour.
However,Body Kouros (2009) is very different with intendifiable notes of cedar,which reminds me of mothballs.
No eucapytlus but def something medicinal,but in a nice way.
A fragrance that you either love or hate.

However the longevity is excellent,lasting for hours.
Sillage not bad-not a monster like Bogart One Man Show,but enough to get compliments.

The only comparison for me is :Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne.

The_MiBo
The_MiBo

I love the original Kouros but this...ugh. Something in it made me feel nauseous and lightheaded but to my horror it would not come off!

The most scrubbery of all scrubbers

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

old version of this was very charming, well blended and quality but now it is not worth buying. they ruined the blend, imbalanced low quality and giving me headache

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I used to hate this scent 2 years ago. It might be the new formulation, but I love it now... Tastes really DO change... Go figure.

A very unique smooth/creamy fresh scent.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: moderate.
LONGEVITY: great.
BOTTLE: ancient Greece.
SCENT: eucalyptus/creamy/floral.
VALUE FOR MONEY: average.

OVERALL: 7/10
---------------------------------------------

MCvitic
MCvitic

I am testing it now for a few days and this is what I get:

First of all this has anything to do with the "original kouros"...so if you are like me,and kouros just wasn't for your taste, give this one a try !
Firsh hour - fres scent
2-4 hour-gets a bit darker
4-6 hour - i get some candy note, like strawberry
6-... "Le male"
This isn't one of those linear scents, theres a lot going on.

I can smell it on my skin even after 12h, so not bad !
It leasts for a good time, but I still don't see this as some clubing scent. Body Kouros will fit the best as a working scent or even all year signature scent.
For me body kouros is mix of Le male, dreamer and uomo moschino, with ysl final touch...

If we lok at the price range for this, i think... I know* it is worth it !

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

sebelum memulai review, body kouros saya adalah original formulation. oke kita mulai...
ini adalah parfum pembunuh wanita.. perpaduan antara benzoin, honey, vanilla, incense benar2 luar biasa...
sekilas mirip JPG Le Male, tapi lebih lembut dan kaya.
aktivitas malam hari adalah waktu terbaik menyemprotkan 2 full shot di leher anda. amazing fragrance!

Jefdaj
Jefdaj

Before reformulation: 10/10
Reformulated : It is the better " Le Male"

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

What I don't understand about Body Kouros is how it remains quite unique despite giving a polite nod of the head in the direction of Jaipur Homme, Yohji Homme and Jil Sander Background during the course of the wear. It's ever so subtle, but I don't care to dwell on such matters for long because it just satisfies.

camposg
camposg

Im surprised this never got more love. It now smells exactly like lolita lempicka except weak. LL is better performing. You must spray this at least 5 times on you of which I have no problem doing. I find it becomes more of a personal scent and/or for you significant other. Other similar scents are burberry touch of which I would recommend over this. I like the new bottle which was long over due and will continue to use this until it is finished

Antos
Antos

there is peculiar note, constant and cross, which gives a sweet and balmy effect.
I think it's camphor wood with caramel to give this effect.
Excellent durability.
There is also tonka bean; I do not feel at all clary sage

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I discovered this fragrance this past Spring (new to me) and just love it...Benzoin, Eucalyptus, Incense a touch of Cedar done right. Moreover, the women in my life seem to like it, which is a huge plus. Projection is moderate and it lasts 7+ hours on my skin. Not one complaint for the price; it's a real value.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

at first, it resembles to LL Au Masculin, for the licorice note (not in the list)...but then it is getting milder, a bit powdery and warm. While LL Au Masculin tendences to be sweet, this Body Kouros have a hint of incense like Opium has (but not heavy as Opium women). It is a very good fragrance, and I think very suitable for cold weather.

Anosmic
Anosmic

About an hour ago I poured half of a 1ml sample on the back of my hand. Although many on this page reference a similarity, this smells nothing like JPG Le Male to me. Most of what I get is the scent of body odor. As a result, I can see why people say Body Kouros is a sexual fragrance, but it is not a particularly attractive scent to me.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Imagine JPG le Male with cedar and benzoin (and a hint of incense). Body Kouros is the one vanillic scent I can say I like without reserve. My favourite YSL fragrance. The original was outstanding. The current manifestation is still good.

hemp
hemp

This smells like honeycomb with a bit of skank thrown into the mix. Also reminds me of le male but much better

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

I purchased this perfume. Very nice, intense and mysterious .. last very long! Suitable for autumn .. in my opinion a very good fragrance, sweet, sensual. advice

abcmore
abcmore

My signature for chilly/cold weather.
I got a sample based on the reviews here. A great scent of woody, smoky, spicy warm notes. I did not have any expectations for this one, but it turned out to be a great scent, this smells like a niche perfume, one that Serge Lutens and the likes would be very proud of. So I ordered one from Amazon. Now I just have to wait for a chilly afternonoon/evening to wear this sexy scent. I'm in love with this perfume. I just hope I get the same formulation as the sample, cause I heard this has been reformulated. Even so I won't rest till I get the sample formulation delivered to me. This is so sexy, warm, dark, and romantic and different. I would have paid 3 times what Amazon is charging. Thank you Fragrantica reviewers and thank you Annick Menardo. Now back to smelling my arm, hmmmm... out of this world!

panoulis1992

longevity:9/10
projection:8.5/10
sillage:8.5/10
versatility:8/10
overall:42/50

al.to

the first formula is the best, deep and cozy.
from the 2005 many reformulations
and now the disaster with the change of bottle.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

No, it's not discontinued.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Body Kouros has gone throught 3 reformulations.

First formulation ( original):
2000-2008
Strong, musky, smoky sweet incense, it smells like
Nag Champa in the drydown
Sillage: 8-10 hours
Longevity : 12 hours

2009-2011 (2nd formulation)
L'Oreal takes over YSL fragrances, the bottles are the same but the fragrance have much less incense and its more of a sweet cotton candy scent.
Sillage: 2-3 hours
Longevity: 5-6 hours

2012- now ( latest)
L'Oreal changes the bottle and the fragrance is much more synthetic, with a sickly powdery drydown.
Sillage: 2-3 hours
Longevity: 3-5 hours

redboxmike
redboxmike

Excellent fragrance. Oriental spicy masterpiece. Perfume snobs say it's only for fall & winter. Personally, I think you can pull this off anytime. Though in the evening, it's scrumptious. An absolute delight. Not a clubbing scent. More something for yourself and your "other". Not cloying either. It will turn heads because it's memorable. Can easily become someone's signature scent. Not for old people either. If you're already in your mid-twenties, this one gets better as you age.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

I like this frag a lot, but my wife LOVES IT as much as DHI. For some reason, every Woman that has smelled this on me, has absolutely freaked out over it. Guys, it won't hurt to own this.

UPDATE:

This stuff stays on me after a shower! I have to scrub it off. Very powerful, even though it seems soft. And again, the wifey pounces every time she smells it...so I wear it often. lol

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

Got this perfume from my dad, he got it as a gift but thought it was to modern for him at the time.

When i first used it in 2002 it was a very modern perfume, the balsamic smooth sweet notes were very modern and head turning, i remember i was always asked about it. The longevity was very good that it projected well after 7 and 8 hours.

Last month i found it and decided to buy it, i opened it to found the packaging is different, there is no removable cap for the bottle is it shows in the picture here, it's now similar in design to the normal classic white body kouros.

The Smell: I read online before using it, to know that the bottle design was changed and many ppl mentioned it was reformulated, i agree on that, the longevity of this perfume is no as it used to be, it barely stays for a couple of hours and won't project after that, it's as sweet as it was but not as balsamic or powdery as it was, the ensence notes are not visible as they used to be, the perfume over all now smells more synthetic, it doesn't have this deep vibe it used to have.

Every time i put this on, instantly the old version comes to my mind, i can still smell the difference from the memory.

If you're considering buying this, you should try it first, even after formulation it's still worth the buy,

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

This review is for the reformulation (same bottle as original Kouros, but in black).

It's a really good fragrance, you really do get like a powdery boozy incense smell. And that's about it; it keeps going strong on the boozy side of things, and after a couple of hours you are left with an intense powdery sweet smell. I don't get the eucalyptus at all.

Projection is not loud, longevity is acceptable (you don't have to reapply). After 3 hours it stays close to the skin, with ocassional wafts of the smell for the wearer; people around you perceive it better though.

I wore it in the summer (lightly applied) and it worked just fine. Nevertheless, it's meant for the winter.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Eucalyptus? Really? I'm from Southern California and I used to play among eucalyptus trees and leaves all the time when I was a kid. I know very well what they smell like, and I detected none in this. On me this was a very subtle, mild incense note and that's about it. It's barely there, it doesn't project and it doesn't last long.

I was really underwhelmed.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Body Kouros to me brings thoughts of a classic, slightly more vintage masculinity - something I am used to smelling in shaving creams/colognes from back in the day.

But deeper within Body Kouros is what really sets things apart from drifting away into the generic; the benzoin and incense.

These notes create a creamy, sweet, oriental gem. A certain type of smokey-cream that I've always admired in female fragrances from the 70s/early 80s and wished there was a masculine version of it...

Body Kouros is it.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

Body Kouros

This fragrance was one of the first scents from the house of YSL that I ever owned. I like it compared to it's predecessor "King" Kouros. I tested it a bit before I bought it and once I smelled it on one of my good friends at work, I got the wallet out and bought it. Here are the highlights.

The Smell: Body Kouros is in a different direction than it's older brother. The opening is very soothing and almost medicinal. Body Kouros is very balmy and dark. I'm not too familiar with the smell of eucalyptus, but I am familiar with its properties. Eucalyptus has a cooling vibe to it and, to me, makes me very relaxed. Whenever I wear BK, I know I'm going to calm down immediately. Benzoin is the key player in here along with the incense. It's almost like there is a tad bit of vanilla in here even though it's not listed in the note breakdown. I love the smell on this stuff. 10/10

Projection: Body Kouros on me is a BEAST. My friend who originally let me test this fragrance said he had to put on like 6 sprays of it or he wouldn't be able to tell it was there. Trust me when I say this, he could have knocked a buzzard off of a gut wagon with this stuff. He was projecting like CRAZY. I put on like 3 sprays of it and achieved a similar effect but not quite as loud. You WILL get noticed wearing this stuff. I assure you on that one. From hour 1 to hour 6 this stuff was roaring on me. At the 7 hour mark, it settles down to about a foot scent bubble until it dies out. It doesn't quite become a skin scent though because I could smell it for sure the entire time I wore it. 10/10

Longevity: This stuff lasts on me. Enough said LOL. Just kidding. It lasts on me 10+ hours any given wearing. I stop counting at 10 hours because at that point, it's done what I need it to do. If a designer can last over 10 hours, it's getting good marks from me. 10/10

Versatility: Here's where it takes a hit. BK doesn't play nice in the spring. If you try to go beast mode on the sprays in the spring/summer, you'll wind up on the floor waking up from a fragrance induced coma. This stuff will drop you if you wear too much of it. Toss in the heat with over applying this stuff and it's a recipe for disaster. Body Kouros is a fall and winter scent. I would venture as far as to say it is mainly a winter scent. I get the best out of it when it's cold as ice outside. It cuts through the cold air well and hangs around when I need it to. This is the only area this fragrance takes a hit. 5/10

Final rating: 8.7/10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

WOW what a BEAST of a fragrance Body Kouros is !! When this came out I wouldn't of bought it back then. Since then I'm able to appreciate diverse fragrances, from a woodsy Oud aroma during the winter, to a citrus green scent perfect during the summer day's. Body Kouros has a real mystical aroma which no other fragrance has. That's what makes it absolutely desirable.
The three most important notes in this frag are eucalyptus, Chinese cedar and without any question is incense. Those three notes elevate this fragrances making it a very dark, smokey and sophisticated fragrance. The warmth of this frag comes from benzoin, a real attractive vanilla scent which makes it cozy to wear.
Overall view,
I know that I'm part of a large group of those who willing declare YSL'S frag's being astonishing. Body Kouros is a fragrance that could be used during the day and evening. After it settles you are able to enjoy the robust aroma that this frag offers without it being too heavy. I know that well before I finish this bottle, I'll go and buy another one.
YSL, This frag rocks..rating is easy PERFECT 10/10 ★★★★★ :-)

Zealous
Zealous

Nice fragrance. Though, you have to wait for the dry down to judge this scent. When it did dry down, I couldn't stop wanting to smell through-out the evening. In a good way, my initial comparison was to that of a scented under arm deodorant having had the time to become one with a man.

The deep, full-bodied, base note benzoin gives it that? This is not a unisex scent--it would have to be a very beautiful or unique woman for her to pull it off. ...more for the slightly older crowd 30+, or ones who have arrived and have earned their credibility.

i have a 50 ml old formulation bottle of this to trade pm if interested

KellyGrant
KellyGrant

The man who wears this spends a couple of hours in a tweed jacket reading books in his home library while drinking an Irish coffee. He then goes out with his lady to a cozy restaurant for a good steak. He takes her to dance and maybe meet old friends for coffee. He drives a convertible with leather seats and is respected by his peers, who are mostly professional people. He is smart, sensitive, a little sporty and relaxed on weekends and is financially secure. He is not afraid to wear a bow tie during the week and distressed jeans on Sarurday. IMO, of course...

dubairob
dubairob

I have immense respect for Annick Menardo and her clearly trail-blazing career in perfumery. To think, having signed off on Boucheron Jaipur Homme and Bvlgari Black in 1998, she turns around to formulate both Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin and this underestimated redefinition of 'fresh-fragrance' a couple of years later (in 2000). Her work still continues to show innovation to this day...

Body Kouros is fascinating for its combination of notes. Eucalyptus is a notoriously tricky note to work with in perfumery, as its development can often swamp other notes under its camphouraceous presence. Personally, I am more familiar with eucalyptus through shaving products (eg Italian-brand Proraso) where that consideration is less critical. (It seems to work well with menthol in that respect.) Here, however, the eucalyptus combined with incense and benzoin does give a more medicinal vibe to the characteristic freshness in a way which feels modern and - for want of a better word - 'athletic'. In some respects, it is the flip-side of the sexual suggestiveness of Bvlgari Black. Where Black comes across as slightly-seedy vanilla sweetness under a rubber suit, Body Kouros is all freshly-washed and masculine trailing through the smouldering incense of an oriental temple. Its sensuality is definitely clean - and, in that respect, worlds apart from its animalic 80s parent.

All said, Body Kouros is a very good fragrance which is worth a try. I think it is more suited to enthusiasts who have quite a few fragrances and like to have a regular cycle of change. Personally, I cannot imagine how anyone could go for long periods wearing only this fragrance, but it is very good for a novel change every now and then....

iseewaseem
iseewaseem

i had been to areej perfume shop in dubai..and had sampled 100 frag this one just stood out from the line i never understood the difference untill i read here its eucalyptus..now i purchased both big brother and small " le male and Body Kouros " good job annick and YSL

Jose Marcos

I also think a woman can wear Body Kouros for it shares some of the shades one find in Prada Prada pour Femme. Just a bit sweeter, perhaps.

bazil14

imlovespapa yes a confident woman could pull this off would suit suit late twentys upwardsbut not in a casual situation:-)

bazil14

i got this today and its the bottle thats pictured so im guessing its the old formulation and can say this is aggressive stuff sprayed a little on my left hand and let it sit and a little on the right wich i then rubbed just to see how this stuff wears and can say it was like poking a hornets nest it just seemed to make it angrier and louder smells a lil like joop to my nose maybe q little inky also but can detect the eucalyptus and insence in this one quite strongly and i love it anything strong is my cup of tea as i like to smell the fragrance im wearing without having to bathe in it but this gets the job done im happy with it and this will be my fragrance fir the remander of the cold months spot on

seemon
seemon

Agree with Roman86. Slightly different scent than before with no longevety and low sillage. Heavily diluted. New sprayer puts more juice out than old one. It means that new version is approx. 5x more expensive for similar experience like with old one. Another messed up reformulated fragrance.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

could someone please let me know if a WOMAN could pull off this scent...I really wanna blind buy this

RobbieX

Been wearing this on and off for a year now and this has become one of my favourites. A a really gorgeous oriental. Incense, licorice, spicy and smoky notes which seem to be beautifully blended. A lovely silage exudes from this. Lasting power is very good too. A quality fragrance.

Roman86
Roman86

The bottle of Body Kouros is now different than the one pictured and I'm also convinced it has been reformulated. The old bottle smelled more intense while this new bottle and formulation is just a light, sweet, cotton candy-like fragrance that is nothing special.

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

Impressive! I was on a lookout for something similar should I ever be left with just a few drops of my Yohji homme. And, of course I have read quite a many good reviews about it, but nothing will ever beat being able to be there in person to test it out. On the tester strip, I find the licorice note to be strong and some plume, but on the skin itself that's where I was impressed by it. The opening resembles that of Yohji homme, it is a little sweet, after a while I get the smokey incense smell and the slight burnt rubber. Its somewhat like a hybrid of Bvlgari Black and Yohji homme. Good work, I say!

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

As a pre-warning, I tested on paper and skin. On paper I got no development, only mint, skin is where the rest showed up. Definitely not what I was expecting. Im getting some vanilla and a burnt rubber note. Kind of like Bulgari Black but this one isnt smooth burnt rubber. It smells a bit like burning plastic. Very sharp. After a few minutes the anise is coming out which I think is a trick of vanilla and something else mixing. Later on its still a vanilla rubber mix....not nearly as well done as Black in my opinion.....

Try this if you want but Black is staying with me.

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

Very nice, sweet and smoky scent, which could easyly be an unisex one!
I don't get any incense, neigher much wood. The eucalyptus turns chemical on my skin, but is quickly repalced by the benzoin sweetness.
It's deffinately for cold weather imo.
Very strangely when dryed down I could swear I smelled blueberry note!!!

Molko
Molko

Body Kouros is nice, quite unique, linear, soft but bold, balsamic, resinous scent. Reminds me of Midnight in Paris/BLV Black without sweet vanilla or leather note-they're fresher, Au Masculin without anise-liquor note and Givenchy Pí. Very pleasant, not too strong, sillage is moderate, lasts about 6 hours. Could be unisex. Can wear it in Winter-autumn-spring.

Hussin1989
Hussin1989

enormous

100CAN
100CAN

No words to describe this fragrance. Very sexy and Hot!

stockbreak
stockbreak

Okay this just came today in the mail with some others I ordered. Initial reaction is WOW, I love it! Just a gorgeous smell, im at home just relaxing and testing it with one spray to the hand and I keep catching whiffs of it and it makes me incredibly happy. I will do a full wearing later today and give a proper review but so far, im in love.

Critic
Critic

Strange scent that smells sweet and kind of resinous. It's hard to describe. Resembles Le Male because of the sweet menthol vibe. Here it's caused by eucalyptus. Le Male has mint.

I like it but I don't love it.

craniumbash
craniumbash

I'm not sure if it's the benzoin or eucalyptus that I hate. This scent is almost linear till the end (which is probably 30 mins as I wash it off hastily in that time period).

I don't get any incense in this because the damn eucalyptus-benzoin combo is so overpowering. So cloyingly sweet that it gets to my head, can't stand it. Prolonged exposure to this one manages to give me headache which no other perfume has ever accomplished before.

The worst blind buy in my 3rd month of perfume collecting along with encre noire that really made me almost stop blind buying stuff. Now I sniff every perfume before buying it even though most of my collection is a result of blind purchases.

I really tried to like this one, I hoped it would change for me like Terre d'Hermes and go from dislike to like at-least, but no matter how much I try it on again and again I don't see myself liking this one bit.

I hope who ever voted that this one smells like Interlude Man was joking because I have my hopes up for that fragrance and want to buy it on my birthday.

RobbieX

A really lovely oriental scent for men. Totally masculine and the lasting power is very good.. BK is superbly blended. One of the best orientals in the world, in my opinion.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

its absolutely gorgrous !
its got a soothing smell.....whatever that is !
some have noted that its reminder of JPG Le Male...i can see that....
But this is even more beautiful...le male comes with a medicinal smell these days...
this is a close scent....longevity on skin is great....cant say much about sillage....
but it smells comforting to me... :)

34THN13
34THN13

Benzoin & Eucalyptus & Incense = Burnt Cotton Candy.. This stuff Unisex not manly scent smell sweet,dry vanilla and really smell Cotton Candy.. Not for me..Maybe womans like this stuff.. Stay 8+ hours on my skin sillage is good.If you like sweet scents this scent for you..

Projection: 6/10
Sillage: 7/10

hedward
hedward

Please enlighten me what does BK have to do with Fahrenheit Absolute? It's like saying A*Men is similar to Antaeus..

BK is super-sweet and oily vanilla incense whereas Absolute is a smokey and dry violet-myrrh bomb.

Please downvote it - it's misguidance to those who think they are similar and end up blind buying one or the other.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

One of the most beautiful fragrances a man can choose and wear. But, be careful, it might be too sexy for work or a meeting, but otherwise - go for it!!

T frag
T frag

Very nice and soft scent... I just keep smelling my wrist's all the time... I just cant get enough !

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

So good! This smells like a gourmand to me but it's very unique with the great eucalyptus note. It's long lasting but not a monster projector so I think it's ok for day wear as well as night wear. All seasons except maybe summer. Overall very nice and versatile stuff I definitely recommend it!

Ouch!
Ouch!

The combo of eucalyptus and incense in the opening give this fragrance a weird medicinal smoke vibe. There is a distinct tone of burnt rubber and tar in the wet stages into Drydown which is unusual but only really apparent when smelled close to the skin. There is also slight nuances of greenery coming from the clary sage.

This is a very deep, sexy almost leathery fragrance which is a darker more interesting cousin to JPG's "Le Male".

The dry stages are where the magic happens and this melds into a sex bomb fragrance. I really don't smell benzoin at all, if this is supposed to be sweet? It's only a tiny bit sweet.

Overall this is my scent for going out into the night. It lasts really well which is an added bonus.

lovetribe
lovetribe

benzoine!!!!is amazing...for all days of year!!!day and night!!!!

Smyle12
Smyle12

I really enjoy this fragrance, but it's quite obvious that this is the child of Annick Menardo's 1998's Bvlgari Black and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin that she released in the year 2000. It smells great, but as I also own FBs of the other two, you can tell she just slapped these aforementioned fragrances together to produce this relatively little known gem. I enjoy Body Kouros more than Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin because I don't fancy smelling like black licorice for four hours (it's enough to make me feel self-conscious) before Lempicka's gorgeous, spicy, creamy, dry-down. I even enjoy this more than the entirely unique, resolutely post-modern, rubbery, kinky, urban, and vanilla-laden, Bvlgari Black, due to mainly to that fragrance's notoriously poor projection and longevity as well as its utter linearity as well. Overall, it smells like a nicely toned down Lolita Lempicka, with a splash of the smoky, mysterious, rubbery/plastic feel of Black (clary sage?), a noticeable, somewhat sweet and persistent vanilla (benzoin) and a well done, woody, and prominent cedar base. Projection is rather soft yet still noticeable (a bit like Black), but longevity is about the same. Where Black begins to dry into vanilla and then nothing after four hours, I get the same four hours with BK, but then for the last two, instead of just fading away, it becomes a drier, woody, fresh, and pleasant skin scent. Kudos to Ms. Menardo on this one. My new signature scent.

Excellent: 9/10

teadot
teadot

"GORILLAS IN THE MIST."

Muscular. swarthy. animal -heat... cooled down by eucalyptus.

Not for kiddies. Body Kouros has an omni present and misty sillage in cooler weather. It's deep, smoky, medicinal character suggests adult sensuality in those conditions: Winter air teemed with cool vapors of eucalyptus, holds a brawny benzoin hostage...A touch kinky. But in warmer temperatures, the "volume" gets louder; provoking the beast within. No longer "suggesting"... It goes Primal. Overwhelming it's prey with an ardent, resiny, incense sweetness.

Either way, this one pushed one of my already favorite perfumers, Annick Menardo, to the TOP of my list.

Provocative, and brilliant !

( and I'm not just talking about Annick. )

rs001499
rs001499

I just received my sample decant and I have to say it is nice, It kinda of reminds me of michael jordan legend a little bit, which I also like. Will have to wear it again before I commit to a full bottle.

Bbjr

A lot of comments that this stuff smells like Joop. Yes, for about 5 seconds. After that its in a league all by itself. This stuff is one of the all time best.

lalelu

after buying body kouros i threw lolita lempicka into the garbage ! this is way better and prob. one of the best scents out there ;- )

al.to

What about this..Worth more than the price.
Starts with a blast of balsamic, camphoraceous things
eucalyptus anise incense,natural and vigouros
after that
the sweet caressing part of benjoin grows
sage is a kind of background.
color "Blue avio"
very wearable for all season.
underrated

confirm: an underdog winner

update:there is also a nutmag note that give sharp and ardour.

Try drydown of LeMale and JooP! they are clearly relatives of BK.
body kouros wins 'couse it is more adult masculine rugged and not only for disco!
8.5/10

Jose Marcos

Yeap, I got my 2010 "reformulated" bottle of Body Kouros and with it I have completed my benzoin circle, enough is enough ( Prada pour Homme, PPH Intense, Hermes Rocabar, Davidoff Silver shadow and YSL Body Kouros ) and it seems that the further from the Prada ones the more medicine like it gets, I do llike it but was expecting more eucaliptous and rosemary from an aromatic fougere. Also it is very dry. Perhaps I 've gone too far from my usual safe citrus, so I might layer it with something else to make it a little more familiar. One has to be a very big benzoin fan to get to this. Overall it is a good frangrance and there must be times when it will be very handy.

robertodoi
robertodoi

There is something like Joop pour homme in this juice, but BKouros doesn´t cause me headache.

Jose Marcos

Why oh why can't I just smell something I might like or not without being pointed at all the time that it has been reformulated, dameged, creepled, injuried, and so on, for Christ's sake? I have just ordered a REFORMULATED version of body Kouros.

patricks90
patricks90

Hi I called YSL France about this second version and they told me that it was reformulated because there are new laws about raws used in fragrances...
Now it's more synthetic, the first was better :)

Bbjr

I'm convinced this was reformulated. I have two different bottle styles, one old and one new and all I know is the stuff that comes out of the newer bottle 1) doesn't last near as long as the old bottle and 2.) the dry down is completely different. If they didn't reformulate it, they sure made one bad batch.

X fragrant
X fragrant

This is unique guys and gals.

A perfectly linear cedar, eucalyptus and incense ...until benzoin joins in at the drydown stage making for a savory vanilla-smoke scent that sits close to the skin. It lasts about 7-10hrs.

Upon application this will be very loud and medicinal and will remind M7, On par with Fahrenheit Absolute in terms of overall vibe.

LanceDior

I don't think this was reformulated...

Bbjr

Yes! Just scored a bottle of the original stuff. Light years better than the new reformulated junk. This is one of the all time greats!

Osmin
Osmin

Although not related to its namesake in any aspect, however, they share the most important characteristic a perfume can have, that is, uniqueness. No one will mistake Body Kouros for any other, mainly because of the eucalyptus and incense that dominate the whole composition, while at the same time perfectly alluding to a sauna room, which, consequently, explains the befuddled man in the ad. Sweetness in a man’s perfume is not very appealing to me, although it does not stay too long, however the first minutes are tough to cope with, when it settles it still maintains some sweetness, partly because of benzoin, which has vanilla-like odour, and partly because you still remember how sweet it was when first sprayed.

Bbjr

Just received my first bottle of this and I don't know if its reformulated or the original but no matter, this stuff is incredible! This is a fantastic fragrance. I think I smell a little bit of Joop but I'm not sure. Either way, the top notes are great and the dry down even better. Wish I would have purchased this long ago.

vitilsky
vitilsky

It reminds me of the London night scene. Such a smooth and sexy fragrance cannot be missed.

Note: It is sweet, but not excessively cloying.

grehn

i must Wright one more thing About this fragrance, it really reminds me of a person who smokes mixed with vanilla and thats my description of the fragrance and also add a lil bit eucalyptus that makes it a lil bit fresh,

this fragrance is a 9/10 in my opinion

grehn

its a very nice scent, its pretty smoky and much vanilla and its not very much eucalyptus in my opinion!:)
its a really good fragrance, but its pretty strong in my opinion and iyou will get headache if you take too much of this, but i really love this fragrance!!

i really recommend this !

kaizer121
kaizer121

Hard not to love this but it;s a very personal fragrance. Only someone who gets very close to you will catch a whiff of it. The scent it carries is actually perfect for that though, a slightly sweet incense... It smells like sex. Overall, a good fragrance for an... intimate date night, and frankly a light enough one that it works for any and all nights in the fall and winter. One fo my personal favorite fragrances. Shame about the longevity though.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I remember myself thinking "meh, okay" about Body Kouros

However I'm more and more intrigued with this one. It's really voluptuous, bold and sexy. Simple yet efficient composition. Uncommon, dark and mysterious. Might smell a bit synthetic, which is not a problem. To me it has no relation with the original Kouros. That said never wear this in hot weather, or you might end up with a nice headache. Pure marvel during winter.

Very good longevity and projection on my skin. Easily 8+ hours. It also gathered compliments coming from aproximately 20 different persons in that time space.

To the people saying that its been discontinued : Body Kouros is still present in almost every perfume stores in France, at around 82€. Perhaps should I get a bottle of this before it really disappears from the market...

Beware, this stuff is dangerously addicting !

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Body Kouros has nothing to do with its brother Kouros. There's no strong spicy animalic scent that we get from its older brother.

Body Kouros is fresh woody-camphorous scent, and the benzoin gives its subtle sweet facet. Having said that it's woody camphorous, yet this doesn't smell like an oinment, or the camphor-menthol vibe you get from any muscle rub or cream.

Body Kouros is quite different from any men's fragrances ever available in market. It is warm, fresh and definitely one of my favorites!

Silage and lasting power, both are great.

LanceDior

Smells like a more manly, almost dusty version of the drydown of Joop! homme. I always adored this smell when I tested it, which I found myself doing frequently :) and when I bought it... I fell sick that afternoon and was smelling BK all night :( Now it reminds me of that week of unconsciousness and horrible sickness when're I frikkin smell it. Sexy as he'll though lol

browne54
browne54

First off,

Smells nothing like the original Kouros (which I am a fan of by the way). Few adjectives; dark, mysterious, intriguing, original. The projection and sillage are relatively good. On my skin I get at least 8 hours and it easily projects at arms length strongly for the first four but then gets a little closer to the skin. It does smell synthetic but I think that is why it is so unique; the incense and the eucalyptus combo was a stroke of genius. Now as a male, I like this scent but I am not in love with it, and most men I know who have smelled it feel the same way. However this is VERY pleasing to the olfactory bulbs of the opposite sex. Honestly second most female complemented in my collection. Second only to La Nuit (YSL).

borboleta8
borboleta8

it 's a very sexy smell, very warm skin intimist fragrance, sensual a kind of parfum that' s exite the desir.

antfarm
antfarm

I think it's funny that this one is called "Body Kouros", yet it is cleaner and far less body-like than the original Kouros (which is VERY bodily and intimate). On my skin this smells like a gorgeous white musk mixed with cedar and mulled cider.

icufish
icufish

Body Kouros is very similar to El Nabil - Musc Imran. I like them both.

twlahue
twlahue

For some reason, I find this comforting when I am feeling sick...

joezilla
joezilla

Annick Menardo composes beautiful fragrances. I can see why it was a flanker to the pre-reformulation Kouros. When you smell them side by side, they complement each other perfectly and it was the incense that showed that Kouros and Body Kouros came from a same bloodline. Body Kouros feels like the aerated sweet version of it's infamous predecessor. Since it's evil brother was neutered and reformulated, it doesn't make much sense as a flanker, but it's good if you like your fragrances on the sweet side, but not cloying.

lalelu

after buying this i immediatly removed au masculin out of my collection ;)

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

Body Kouros starts off very similar to Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, with a powerful, sharp blast of anise. But then it goes in a different direction. While Lolita Lempicka au Masculin cranks the dial of the anise and licorice notes way up and accentuates them with a boozy backdrop, Body Kouros takes that cool, sharp anise, and blends in the warmth and vanilla like scent of benzoin with a cool eucalyptus note for a very different, and very interesting start.

Over time, an incense note starts to arise, and really harmonizes beautifully with the others. With the final drydown developments comes the cedar, and for the last several hours of the fragrances lifespan, one is bathed in a lovely mix of cool anise and eucalyptus, with warm benzoin, incense and cedar, all singing together like a beautiful chorus.

Projection/lifespan were good, I got about 4-5 hours before it became a skin scent, and it lasted several hours after that. Silage was good, but not an overwhelming room filling cloud like one gets with say A*men or even its flankers.

Body Kouros was really a nice fragrance. I am glad I was able to find a bottle and experience it, and do somewhat mourn its passing. It does what it does well. It is a beautiful fragrance, that will definitely catch attention if you want it, and yet when worn in moderation is good for any occasion, except perhaps the warmest weather, when such sweet fragrances can be ill advised.

If you like sweet, strong fragrances like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, A*men and its flankers, Animale Animale for Men, or Le Male, you might want to take a sniff of Body Kouros while you can still find it.

steve0580
steve0580

When I first sprayed it on, It reminded me of the model glue I used to use as a kid, it's just not as strong.

After an hour or so, it gets better. The model glue smell mostly goes away and transforms into more of a light eucalyptus-mint-menthol vibe.

I'm not a big fan of it.

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

One of my favorite fragrances.

Initial spray is very smoky and balmy/medicinal.

Leave it on your skin for a few hours, dries down to a sweet, smoky vanilla with a tiny hint of that eucalyptus. You feel very mysterious wearing it.

Average projection and high longevity.

beaconaust
beaconaust

You either like it ir you don't, and I don't. I was given BK as a gift, wore it onc and haven't been back. Cloying is the only word I can think of. If hangs around, but not in a good way. More in a toilet deodorant way. Sorry, but perhaps it is just me.

itachi
itachi

this scent is not that special, it smells cheap and doesn't project at all. i bought it after reading about it so i thaugt i'll give it a go. to me it was a huge dissapointment. this smells exactly like lancome hypnose, its really not worth the bucks.

greetz

kyleblinder
kyleblinder

along with man rochas le male by jean paul gaultier and eau fraiche , I rate it as the sexiest frangrance ever on earth!

Body Kouros was a blind buy purchase, by me, for my husband. I am expanding his fragrance arsenal and he is appreciative however, I am realizing he is not as adventurous as I would like for him to be. I LOVE Body Kouros and he is not so sure. He feels it is not masculine enough. What I have realized is, he likes fragrance with a bit of an edge in the topnotes and Body Kouros is smooth and wavy, not sharp. He sprayed it on his clothing and not his skin and I am going to encourage him to spray it on his skin next time to see if the smell works with his body oils and causes him to, hopefully, entertain the possibility of wearing the fragrance. I smell spice, smoke, cream. This fragrance would round out his collection nicely if he decides to keep it. May I say, if he nixes it then it's MINE...I'm wearing Body Kouros as I type! Thank you Annick Menardo.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I hate the original Kouros, but i find myself drawn to this, very warm and woody, lasts very well on the skin, one of YSL;s best mens fragrances.. 7/10

Junicorn
Junicorn

Love the woody and citrusy smell, even with a few sprays. The scent lingers everywhere.
The smell just reaks sexy. It's sexy. The bottle is sexy. Makes you feel extra sexy. It's sexy. Buy it.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

It is quite surprising to know that some people out there could find this scent is somehow similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, to me, both scents are very much different. (even though both are from the same perfumer, Annick Menardo)

Body Kouros is a fresh, warm, woody and medicinal. The Eucalyptus scent is really nice, doesn't smell like an ointment. Yes, this perfume is balmy and camphorous due to the Eucalyptus note, but the smell is not like Tiger Balm or such.

This is among my favorite perfumes from YSL. Lasting power and silage is good.

RobbieX

A lovely sweet spicy oriental. There must be licorice in this but it's not listed above. Reminds me a lot of S.T. Dupont Intense (I did a simultaneous comparison and BK & Intense are very close) The licorice and and incense make the staying power and sillage is great. BK comes in a quality bottle and cap. It is an excellent oriental.

royalLionheart
royalLionheart

Pleasant, just wish it lasted longer

I sprayed YSL's Body Kouros on my boyfriend's arm while we were out shopping a few days ago. In the initial stages, I found it pleasant but nothing particularly outstanding, and my boyfriend felt similarly. However, after returning home and sitting on the couch next to him for a few hours, I was surprised to discover that I was very drawn to the way it smelt on his skin.

There is something almost creamy about this fragrance's composition. It's really smooth and clean, and at times, rather arousing to my curious female nose.

As an Australian, I am quite familiar with the scent of eucalyptus, and while Body Kouros does feature this sharp aromatic accord, I find it more like the scent of eucalyptus bath products, than the natural oil. I believe cardamom may also be missing from the scent pyramid, as I can clearly smell it.

Body Kouros could be perceived as being far more tolerable than the original Kouros, however I find them both alluring in an animalistic sense. I just wish more men smelt like this.

For some, Body Kouros is a daring choice, however I would urge them not to think twice. As some reviewers here have already noted, this fragrance does have a similar vibe to that of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. They're both sweet and unique fragrances, two scents that I have a lot of respect for.

The creaminess continues right through to the end, where Body Kouros dries down into a sensual blend of cedar, incense and vanillary benzoin. This fragrance has fantastic sillage. Even after the wearer has left the room, this fragrance's presence can still be felt. Body Kouros is yet another spectacular masculine from the house of Yves Saint Laurent.

Padhee83
Padhee83

It opens up really nice.If you spray it on your skin and smell it,a cool aroma hits your nose.The eucalyptus has that cooling effect with the incense.The incense is not the heavy incense but a very pleasing incense maybe diluted by the overpowering eucalyptus.After about an hour we can smell the woods but the cooling eucalyptus never goes away.It never ceases to die.Basically its eucalyptus,woods and benzoin(dunno wat benzoin smells like but it resembles woody vanilla).Yes,vanilla like smell is there but its way better than Le Male type of Vanilla.
I have to say I was blown away the time I first sprayed it on my skin.It was not a blind buy but bought it after a lot of testing in the mall.
The scent is linear.There is not much difference between the opening and the base.Its just that benzoin becomes the dominant smell in the base.Longevity is really nice.8+ hours easily.Sillage is also top notch.People will notice the smell after 7-8 hrs even if the person wearing it may not smell it.
It is not the most versatile scent.It is really nice for going out at night or for a blind date.Cool weather scent definitely for casual evenings.Ladies definitely like it.

Bottom Line-I am really happy with the scent.It is not Gourmand at all.People say that it smells like sweet candy but I don't get it.Its eucalyptus,Woods & Benzoin.Best Annick Menardo creation.

iconoclast
iconoclast

I think Kouros should be a flanker of this, and not the other way around! Yes, Body Kouros is really that good. It's a high quality incense laden oriental fragrance that deserves a place in every guy's arsenal.

sandipraykar
sandipraykar

In my opinion this is one of the best colognes ever made....its just
that good. Thats all I have to say.

LanceDior

Veeerrry sexy... The woman in the shop told me this is what joop! Homme smelt like, but no way. Even knowing way too many douches that wear jh I could not take my nose off the card. There is an amazing magnetic quality to this frag, and I think it works as a bizarre sort of counterpart to the godlike king kouros, in the way that it's pure sweetness to balance out pure testosterone. I like to keep both next to my bed, and both will pull ladies even as a 17 year old. This juice kicks ass!

haborym26
haborym26

nothing special.Lemale clone with incense,but alas ,weak longevity and sillage.very similar is Cuba gold but much more cheaper and fix better.

edward2000
edward2000

great.. only for men

micpower
micpower

I was surprised to find that Body Kouros is not the freaky monster I imagined before ... it is nice and sexy... I have smelled it today but I think I will give it a try before buying

za1pgreat50
za1pgreat50

Weak projection and longevity

JohnMc
JohnMc

As an avowed fan of its big brother; Kouros I was very surprised at the overwhelming petrol-like smell of this juice left me wanting to instantly wash the couple of sprays off of my arm. Very powerful (good luck to you if this is your bag) NOT A BLIND BUY!

Frank Marcello
Frank Marcello

People compare it to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin or JPG Le Male. I think Body Kouros is totally different. The one thing, that all of them have in common, is vanilla kind of sweetness. LL is more chocolate-sweet, a bit gourmand, candy-like scent, not very manly, it would also suit women very well. Le Male is brighter, sharper and more of "notice me" scent. Body Kouros is subtle, darker, elegant and very masculine - like essence of a man ;)
I think, it's not easy-to-like scent. Sweet, smoky and woody notes make it kind of heavy and a bit dominant, which can be too much for some people. It suits strong personality. You could imagine self-confident man wearing it. For me, it’s like mood-booster. That why it's one of my favourite fragrances.

devilluvzme
devilluvzme

this is an amazing perfume
Made for a romantic night
whenever i have worn it, the girl couldnt stop sniffing me
such a big difference between Kouros and Body Kouros
Just 2 sprays would last the entire day
go easy on the trigger
Can be worn to work on a friday and people would wonder where the amazing smell is from

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

This is ultra close to Escada Casual Friday. But this is more "Saturday" than Friday, but definitely not Monday.

I had a bottle of Casual Friday but gave it to my friend (I was only 18 and I had a bad taste for perfumes at that time, I was just a rookie, now I regret I gave it away).

This is also 50% close to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine and Le Male by Gaultier. Body Kouros is definitely for night wear, esp when you want to go out for clubbing or simply have a nice dinner or go on a date.

If Le Male is too strong/boozy for you, and Au Masculine is too sweet for you, then this may be your perfect bet. But it's been discontinued and now extremely hard to find.

But come to think of it, some great fragrances are meant to be discontinued because it's a privilege to the only few to own something "RARE".

Last but not least, it's one of the best ever coming from the house of YSL. I hope Hedi Slimane will bring us something edgy and re-create another legend for the time to come as the new creative director of YSL.
And, if you haven't known yet, rumors have it that YSL is going to be renamed as only "Saint Laurent."

So, if you're a big fan of YSL, you know what you have to do ;)

-Mr. Almond-

zelmu
zelmu

I love it!! It is very similar to LL Au Masculin with a little hint of Bvlagri Black! It's like those two mixed and instead of the leather in Black there would be Eucaluptys instead. Brilliant, you can definitely smell that it's made by Annick Menardo.

Sillage is excellent, longevity good. Highly Recommended.

rajeev
rajeev

love this fragrance, reminded me of BLV, but a crisper version of BLV.
the longevity is a concern.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

My first impression:

This openness and Eucalyptus incense reminded me when the smell of those rubber mats for children. It's a bomb oriental sweet night. In my nose there is no resemblance to the traditional Kouros. It has a sweet tone that refers to licorice and should be great for parties! Seems to have good projection and longevity.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Very Unique and original.
loved by anybody. people are hesitating to smell it because of the big brother, Kouros. They all wait that will smell more or less something the same or something that reminds the original dirty vibe....but it doesnt and they all shocked when they realise the difference.
The smell last for a lot time and suitable for all seasons more or less but preferably should be used in autumn, winter and spring.

Ganz77
Ganz77

THE cologne for the winter. If I am wearing heavier clothing or a suit this stuff just works. It is sweet with wood and spice with a balmy edge. I can't say enough about this stuff only that it despite finding it too overpowering at first it is now my christmas/winter scent. If I am back home for the holidays or at a festive occasion I will wear this. I have two favourites this and Boss Bottled. The ying and yang. This for me is winter as Boss is summer. A Must buy!

orestes
orestes

very potent fragrance,i don't like this fragrance at all

lalelu

great smell with poor projection and average staying power .. smells like a minty candy with some incense and vanilla mixed in

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

This smells completely different from the original Kouros in 1981, so it should not be judged by that standard.

This scent is predominantly eucalyptus, with a lot of sweetness in the base notes (I got vanilla, sugar cane and licorice out of this). The make or break is whether you like eucalyptus and whether you like sweet fragrances.

The price is right for this one, and I know many people who love this one, but personally I am nuetral on this. I don't dislike it, but I wouldn't wear it, buy it or urge you to try it.

darrshan77
darrshan77

Review of Darrshan

Wait for the dry down and this is beautiful scent on ur skin and clothes ,but scent cloud and projection and sillage is not good but longevity is excellent and stays close to skin

RAG1987
RAG1987

This is one fine fragrance. It is warm and enveloping and when I catch a whiff of it on my hand I just want to eat it. It smells so good, not gourmand but just very very nice to wear. Not overpowering by and has good longevity and projection on my skin. Too bad that YSL made the big mistake of discontinuing this. IDIOTS!!! I will be stocking up on as many bottles as I can. The bottle is also very nice and manly looking. I like the slight tempering effect on the body around the glass bottle.

To me, this is what happens when you only use notes that complement each other. I guess to counteract the blandness that results, you then have to do something to make it interesting, so a strong eucalyptus is added. I can certainly see this as a party fragrance, but I don't consider it an aficionado fragrance, though anyone might be seeking to "make a statement," at times, and this one accomplished that goal. There is an accord in here that is the same as one found in B*Men, but otherwise they are different (I don't like it in any case). If you are looking for a soft, complex, balanced fragrance, this is not for you. If you want a "sinus rocket," this is one to sample. I have a 50 ml bottle that is around 90% full I would consider swapping (or decanting).

keffy
keffy

this is a great fragrance, it opens up with that eucaplyptus scent,smells very much like a medicine and then dries down into a warm insencey vanilla smell, i love this stuff and Yves Saint Laurent is a great fragrance house

lfmars98
lfmars98

Nice scent. Somewhat similar to Bulgari Black. Incense and somewhat sweet from beginning to end. Does not project a lot, but it last 8 hours on my skin. You won't smell this around many people. 8/10.

svillatoro
svillatoro

If you wear women perfume, that's why you don't like manly scents at all.

Migalex
Migalex

If i keep sniffing it, I can actually make myself appreciate this scent, but I suppose that can happen with any scent, and more so if it is this expensive. I made a test the other day and also ended up finding interesting and likeable the scent of synthetical diluent, which to me is one of the most repulsive scents I can think of. I suppose that is how fashion works. This type of scent is very trendy and fashionable these days, and I can make myself get used to it and, after trying, actually find interesting qualities about it, but not more so than with probably almost any other type of scent. At first sniff, I did find this nauseating. I find it very similar to Pi, It smells like it is a copy of it, but I can stand Pi better than this one. If I make myself find nice things about this scent, and think of it, I may actually find in body kouros a sexy deep and warm body smell, and even find it addictive, but I suppose that is self persuasion. Unless it is something really repulsive, the act of sniffing is pleasurable in itself. Overall, it smells of vanilla sickeningly sweet almond, like Pi. Spontaneously I find it too sweet, too cloying, and to me not pleasant at all, quite the opposite. Although I do happen, if I insist, to find it interesting and pleasurable, as I can do with Pi (which, after a number of times, I even ended up liking), I still cannot stand wearing it around my head. If these scents had not been made so fashion common these days, I would not even spare them a thought, not to say a sniff. That is what I do not like about scent in our society, its connection to fashion. I do love fragrance, but scent fashion sometimes makes me hate it.

MrMookie

Ofcourse i stayed interested in this scent i tested it a few months ago and i was not that impressed but i needed to resniff and i purchased... Now im impressed!
For starters i love annick menardos style of combining playful warm notes in scents
First i didnt thought it was for me... More for a south european man mid 30's sporty and mysterious. I sprayed on and i walked into the city as i stood still at a cashmachine a lady started sniffing and liked my sillage .. There where no words but i knew this scent projects like a true a kouros should...
Its a great warm glowing manly scent ... alluring and romantic ... Great choice!

yacoco
yacoco

top note and the drydown are amazing
Middle Notes is bad smell like grass
i put this fragrance of the le male category
if like le male buy it
anyway i like 8.8 /10

3anyzek
3anyzek

I think its good, but it is very balmy.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Oriental brought to harsh.
I like oriental and "strong" fragrances, but this one seems to be sugar-boosted ad nausea. Sickly rich. Even for cold days, it's too much. I can only say : try it and you will see.

Complexity : poor
Longevity : sticky

Zenith
Zenith

I'll be honest, women, I want you to smell like this. It isn't especially feminine, but for whatever reason the nice creamy notes remind me of a lovely subtle woman's scent.

Because of this it isn't something I would wear myself but please, next time you see this girls, give it a try

A lot of people will probably disagree with this, but just my opinion

darrshanjvoraa

its a soft sweet scent for men and it stays very smooth thru out the day, and it is a very nice scent for nights , the longevity is excellent.

RandomKillsTime
RandomKillsTime

Stoic and purposeful.

A refined sweet smell. My favourite fragrance so far. It's smooth and it isn't too loud.

Acqua Di Gio 333
Acqua Di Gio 333

Interesting and unconventional. I personally like the smell !:)

Emiraa
Emiraa

everytime i smell this fragrance my mind goes crazy:) it is very special and sexy OMG!

krmarich
krmarich

This was a very curious flanker bearing the name Kouros. I had a bottle in 2000 and there is nothing but a few drops left.

All of the green notes of Kouros is there. There is a strange recognition of the original, yet its clean and safe. Not like the original. I was always reminded of "muscle rub", probably because of the eucalyptus. The original promotion showed a body builder. You get the picture...Olympian.

Along comes L'Oreal Paris and it gets reformulated. Its only 11 years old! There was nothing wrong with the original from master perfumer Annick Menardo. One thing is for sure, the product YSL that was once so respected, is faltering.

Hamp
Hamp

Very nice!

I stumbled upon this just last fall after my co-worker stated "you know u might like this beings you like sweeter stuff", && damn if she wasn't right. I fell in love with it on 1st sniff. I think its such a fantastic unique smell, nothing like the orig. You get the smokiness with just that right hint of sweetness that makes it almost deliciously sexy! As stated it has excellent longevity && projection I received quite a number of compliments wearing this so expect them, as for it smelling like au masculin I don't agree that stuff makes me nauseous...

If interested I say go for it && its not a bad price @ my work I got a 1.7oz for 34.95 + with my discount came to 28! A great scent for such a low price is awesome in my book! :)

darrshanjvoraa

tis is a sweet scent which is perhaps in the right proportion and does not not offend the wearer and people around him, it has great longevity and stays cool and sweet thru out. a safe buy all in all

bp
bp

I love the whole range of Kouros. Or rather, the full range of YSL perfumes.
This Body Kouros is undoubtedly excellent in every way. Perfect. Ultra sexy, ultra attractive, ultra modern.
Still, I think the original Kouros is better than this. Just look at the fact that there are some identical perfumes to the Body Kouros, but nothing compares to the original Kouros.
However, Body Kouros will surely be a more reasonable choice and that basically will catch all women, but who has the audacity to have the original Kouros will not catch many women, but catch those who will think you are a god.
Body Kouros = Genial / Kouros = Divine
KOUROS 4EVER.

CHSeifert
CHSeifert

This could be my signature scent if I wasn't a fragrance collector with now 100+ bottles of juice :)

A hidden masterpiece, fresh & sweet at the same time - eucalyptus in a bottle, but not with a clinical smell, a warm, sweet & surprisingly fresh scent.
Borderline gourmand, I almost feel like I want to eat my scent trail when ever I wear Body Kouros. Longevity on me is pretty good, hoped it would be better because I simply LOVE this frag. I get 6-8 hours longevity, really envy those who get 10+ hours out of this frag :)

I have to give this a 9.5/10 - simply a fantastic fragrance.
Another YSL masterpiece !

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

A superb and uncommon ultra-sweet oriental, many people describe it as 'sex in a bottle' and I have to agree.
It's sweet, but unlike fragrances like Le Male and Versace Dreamer and I don't get any Vanilla out of this, instead it's Benzoin and Eucalyptus which makes this fragrance totally unique.
Longevity and Projection are excellent and you're bound to get many compliments while wearing this, especially from women.
You can get a bottle of this stuff for around £20 online, which is an absolute bargain and because it's been discontinued you're unlikely to ever smell anybody else wearing this - which is a bonus.

leaudecoco
leaudecoco

My brother had this fragrance few years ago and I was just SO into it that I secretly went to his room to put it on :D I think it's beautiful for autumn and compliments for the design.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Benzoin heavy cologne with a gourmand touch. Eucaliptus and incense are not too strong. In the heart of Body Kouros my nose detects cinnamon and almond. Imagine a cookie with cinnamon, butter and almond. Smells just like that. I do not detect anything like cherries. The drydown is sweet- exotic- woody type.

Body Kouros is unique and at the same time pretty straightforward and simple. It is easy to recognize this cologne if you notice someone wearing it. Chances are you will notice as the sillage is very good. Just a few sprays on chest, body is enough. More than that, and you might offend.

Overall nice and unique oriental. But not "whoa what is this you are wearing" type. 7/10

karthiktas
karthiktas

Not like original KOUROS. Its powdery. But strong. Stays Long, But dont compare with original Kouros. The smell is like Talcum Powder. Projection is good but not like the original Kouros. But you might like. People will smell you. But b4 buyin its better to smell the Tester.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Benzoin Sage, Cedar Incense add a bit of spice, but this is overall very sweet. Almost Candy like as some say. Cherry. Almost Tropical. The sweet powderyness comes from the Benzoin, a nice touch..... but... This is NOT Kouros.

Le Male with more Cherry base? Yeah. Tropical? Perhaps i'd believe this was a J lo "Miami glow" frag.
The Eucalyptus adds this odd balmy freshness... Sweet, oily, but clean Candy. far FAR distant from Kouros original. No sweaty notes as the original. Smells like a guy fresh out of the shower who just put on some cherry suntan lotion.
Caramel... Yes, is dries down to Caramel.. which reminds me of... yes, Thierry Mugler "Angel", for women.

DominicMC
DominicMC

Got it today. I like it a lot, I feel that it's powdery but that's not a problem!! i would deffinalty wear it to a pub or so or maybe going out with friends.

It might not be good for clubbing, because it doesn't have WOW!! impression to it, its just a nice smelling frag, and wouldn't turn any heads if you went clubbing, its not strong or spicy enough like I said its powdery.

Ill give it a 8/10
If you live in Melbourne you can get a 50ml for $50 & a 100ml for $70/$80 at Chemist Warehouse.

angelle
angelle

I brought this for my guy after smelling it on a customer at a restaurant that I used to work at, I simply asked what it was called then brought it. I find it from my prospective a great fragrance I brought it for my son (22 yo) who really likes it as well. I wear it myself too, very long lasting stays on your clothing for days. Overall just SEXY !!!!!

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

Velvety fragrance!!!!!

dad hash
dad hash

My mother recived it in the evening and just gave it to me as i am back from market, it's my quite old buddy, i use to wear it in the night after shower before sleeping....It is best before special moments, atleast for me! It is pure 10000000% love making device! Light and simple but very unique! if it is mixed wear with A Men and Givenchy Play intense all 3 together they form a unique blend that lasts sevral days but the combination help to genrate the sex pace for the oppsite sex to treat you like a coco candy!!!! but indeed you need to be hot chocolate aswell !

Transapien
Transapien

It smells to me like effervescent malted cotton candy(sweet but not quite as sweet as that sounds). That might seem strange but it imparts a sense of intrigue about it. I think the benzoin might actually show up just a bit more than the eucalyptus which seems to be roughly indicated in many of the other comments. It's a bit linear as well. I'd suggest to try it before you buy rather than rely on it's popularity/description.

williamvargas
williamvargas

does anyone get a chocolate feel or some kind of candy...not sure very nice has a sort pure malt smell in the beginning...but just a hint of that..i get sort of gourmand feel to it..i like it..i would wear this..i got quite a few compliments with the sample i got from the perfumed court. it reminds me of a sweet type of body musk , it is almost unisex in my opinion, but still if you are a confident guy that wants to smell cuddly and cozy i think this will give you that..i would recommend sniffing it out, not bad...so different than the original kouros so if you didn't care for that, i was not crazy about the original but it was interesting and mixed on compliments..some liked it some did not but this is not like that at all...
very different...quality and good longevity for me.. glad i purchased this one except my younger son keeps stealing it from me a little at a time..lol...

VanAllan
VanAllan

I always wanted to try this, seing so many 'rave' reviews about it (compared to MontBlanc Individuel, Azzaro Visit and John Varvatos, to name only a few of my most prefered), but only today I got the chance to test it at a new Douglas perfumery opened in my town.
I really subscribe to one particular review that mentioned "YSL BK is like the lovechild of Azzaro Visit and Gucci Rush"...so true indeed. BK has the sweet spiciness/incensy feeling of Visit and the muskiness/restrained herbal aura of Rush.

On my skin, it had a long evolution from a menthol-herbal-anisey top through a sweet-incense-flowery middle, into a balmy-musky base, with the dryness of eucaliptus acting as a background to keep its freshness alive.

Considering the fact that is created 11 years ago, I find this an addictive modern fragrance that has its own merits and deserves to be in everyone's attention (taken from a guy who doesn't stand very sweet frags like JPG Le Male or L. Lempicka Au Masculine). For sure it got mine and I don't want to miss it, now that it's discontinued. My rank 8.2/10 ☣☣☣
p.s. Pretty close imo to Armand Basi Homme (gray/black bottle)

Keddy
Keddy

First time I sprayed this I went WOW. Smells like cotton candy and a few other things which I cant depict really. I even told my friends I called this the "sex scent", its really sexy. I can't tell what happened but spraying it now just gives a smoky incense smell, I must've left it under sunlight maybe. All in all this is a pretty good scent, safe for the summer too.

MrMookie

As one reviewer told here earlier(instantjim) i smell Almond like marzipan also in it from the beginning. and the rest offcourse..
Its a sweet deep warm oriental scent and im not the person who loves these scents.
I see it more on a dark southern european man then on a me (tall bleu eyed good looking blond man;-)... but ok i can appreciate the smell though.
I tested it on my arm and wow longevity is looooong it still was on my wrist 2 days later and i showered 2 times... (and yes i shower with soap ;-)
So ...
Good one but not for me.

Heverton
Heverton

This particular fragrance is dominated in the opening by eucalyptus and benzoin, which may seem strange but trust me, it is really good.

Through time the drydown appears and then this combo in the opening is mixed with a sweet aroma of caramel leaving a good impression as well but nothing outstanding.

So far a pleasant fragrance without any similarities to its older brother.

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

How no-one mentions the gigantic blast of black licorice that opens this scent, I don't know.

After the anise/licorice top-notes calm down, BK settles into a fairly linear vanillic woody fragrance with a hint of green astringency keeping it from the realm of edibility, which I'd attribute to the eucalyptus and clary sage.

It may seem way too candified for a men's fragrance during the initial drying, but once it settles in, it works well as a masculine oriental. Body Kouros is a wearable Sazerac cocktail, perfect for a night on the town.

partha
partha

The best in my collection be it sillage or longevity i rate it 10 on 10 on both the meters . A bit too sweet specially the vanilla accord but a great buy indeed

ION
ION

While "Body Kouros" at first is a very attractive perfume (being so evidently spicy, masculine and seductive), in the long run it fails to impress for two very simple reasons.
1. It is a linear smell that quickly turns boring.
2. It lacks true originality in the sense we somewhere, somehow, have experienced this perfume before.
Its inviting sweetness reminds me of "Kenzo Jungle Homme" (see my review), with which share common spirit. They both are so deliciously attractive in the beginning and heartlessly disappointing, later.
Now, does this sound familiar?

boyxtoy
boyxtoy

PERFECTION, a sexy oriental smell, sweet? yes, sooo sweet, smokey? yeees it is smokey, and those characteristics made it a sexy perfume, i blind buy it, cause in Chile (my country) this stuff isn't selled in retails, only in imported perfumeries, so i blind buy it, and i love it, i only used when it's cloudy outside, and it last all day long,
P.D: for clubbing or a date, it's THE ideal perfume jeje

Karenin
Karenin

Great if you like your frag on the sweet side. I especially like the eucalyptus note in this one. Body Kouros is fresh, masculine and quite intense. And different from the rest of the crowd. Another winner from the House of Saint Laurent!

GMH
GMH

Fantastic fragrance, I would highly recomend this. An oriental spicy fragrance with some gourmand appeal. I selected this one as a daytime autumn/fall cologne as autumn 2010 was cold in the UK & this fragrance has limited projection in very cold weather, similar to Burberry london for this. But on wet, humid autumn days, this projects fantastic & because it smells so amazing & also unique, it gets compliments.Great longevity any weather. Alot of people will find it suitable for an autumn or even a winter night & would make a good clubbing or even romantic scent. The incense & cedar notes in this for me, make me think of the fall/autumn slightly more than for the winter. I myself get mild spices from this, an initial freshness from the eucalyptus & a strong cotton candy & caramel accord which is blended so well with the other notes. Maybe too sweet a fragrance for some but I think this is certainly one to get. Certainly not generic & quite unique a choice as you don't here of many people wearing it at the moment. It's overlooked but worth discovering if you have never tried it. Popular with the ladies, nothing at all like the original Kouros, a completely different type of fragrance.

picasso_x
picasso_x

This is my top 10 perfume. It's sweet eucalyptus dark incense and warm wood. It's best men perfume sexy,mystery and elegance . Great scent and good long lasting. I think it has not similar Le Male because it has difference character. Body kouros is the best one from YSL

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

Dark, unique and sensual with a mystical and sweet vibe. In my top ten and should be sampled by those who want to avoid smelling like the herd!

meshary007
meshary007

Men masculine powder ....

opens sharp Eucalyptus then dry down to be the best
Men masculine powder

The original mix of ysl house :
The freshness of Eucalyptus contrasts with the spirituality of Incense smoke. The provocative blend of Chinese Cedar and Mace gives way to Benzoin and Camphor Wood which envelope the skin in divine warmth.

The sweet, woody, eucalyptus combination is way too much for me. I guess this could be an excellent fragrance for the club or party (not a dinner party, though). And clearly more for a younger crowd. It's strong, unbalanced, and simple, but certainly rich. Lasts a long time too. It's great for making a statement, but be sure it's the kind of statement you wish to make !

bonovox
bonovox

Underrated - better than original Kouros but not in the same category as M7 or the original Homme. 7/10

MrCoolink
MrCoolink

When I saw the name Kouros I thought "Oh no, another flanker of the worst fragrance I've ever smelled". I'm curious so I sprayed on my wrist and what a great surprise. This is nothing like the original Kouros. It is a mixture of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin and JPG LeMale with the eucalyptus note instead the mint of Lemale.

Projection: 8.5/10
Longevity: 9.0/10
Bottle Presentation: 5.0/10 (Not the worst but a ugly Bottle)
Overall: 8.5/10
This is a try to me.

Anup
Anup

I couldn't do this one justice without first obtaining it's father, Kouros.
And now that i have both, we'll get started. Ok think this, and bear with me. Kouros is a big dirty sexy man... emphasis on the DIRTY, but he still smells very..shall we say.."appealing" ;), whereas body kouros is the same big sexy hunk, he just decided to take a shower and wash his filthy fucking pants for once.

Body kouros in my opinion, has the same structural heritage as it's father, yet executed in an entirely different way. It's as if they handed Annick Menardo Kouros, and said, "put a suit and tie on this bad boy"...."oh and make sure he washes his balls".

I approve <3

Smell: 10
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 5

shivers33
shivers33

Clean, sexy, sweet, but dominant. Just like a real man.One of my favourite male fragrances of all time.

First of all don't let the name Body Kouros misleading you. This composition has absolutely nothing to do with Kouros besides the fact that they're both great fragrances. A well refined, magistrally balanced and incredibly wearable anisette / liquorice scent and a great alternative for the ones of you that can't stand Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin's exasperating power. Recommended.

Rating: 7.5/10

windchime
windchime

This is one of the best men perfumes I've smelled ever. Its a pity that I cant find it in my local store

jtappenden
jtappenden

This is a great modern fragrance.Stylish & sophisticated.A subtle fusion of many elements.Its effect is very pleasant & uplifting.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I haven't smelt anything quite like this before.
I couldn't pick this one apart, the eucalyptus threw me right off.
Eucalyptus for the secret freshness
Clary sage attempts to soften the heart
Benzoin makes for a powerfully, sticky sweeness
Cypress adds a slight, woody touch
And incense on top just for the extra power, because you can never make an masculine, challenging, dominant scent too powerful.

Definitely wear in winter! This scent is on steroids.

6opar
6opar

Kouros was and is a revelation. Body K is just a modern unfortunate take on the classic.
Body Kouros is not bad, but there are way too many similarities to 90's fragrances. Plus there is something in the BK mix which is wrong.
I really tried to like it, i did, but it falls short when compared to its 90's similar brothers.
***(**)

jooligan
jooligan

Darkness and mystery; those are the words that comes to my mind when I think in Body Kouros. It's sweet, but in a very refined way. I can detect a "caramel-incense" smell but mixed with woods, so the concoction never gets cloying or "super candy sweet" (like le male).The benzoin (vanilla-ish smell) and eucalyptus mixed with cedar, creates a very unique dark atmosphere of elegance and sensuality that is perfect for a dinner at night (I think that BK wasn't made for clubbing because its moderate sillage).
3 o 4 sprays will last all day, so don't go ape on the trigger.
I read that it's been discontinued, so if you have the chance to buy it, BUY IT!. It's very cheap and you will not regret if you're a lover of sweet-gourmand-ish fragrances.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I also had a change of heart with this one. I think I was expecting something so much stronger and projectile that I felt underwhelmed by the scent initially. But after revisiting it, I discovered that this scent is truly special. Its got a great smell that's spicy (lightly), sweet and almost fresh due to the eucalyptus. Once the freshness dries down, you're left with a spicy, sweet aroma with a hint of something powdery (almost like a cinnabon), and it stays with you for long time. It has never last less than 8hrs on my skin.

The only quality that may disappoint some people is that it tends to be subtle. This one won't capture the attention of an entire room, but if you're in close quarters with someone, its sure to do the trick. Great for those times when you expect to be close to someone.

8.5/10

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

Found this sensual sexy love elixir today... WOW!
At first, seeing the ad and the bottle, I thought "buff", but nevertheless I tested and - man, this smells hot!

I'd want my guy to wear this for steamy winter nights in the cave... (yes, a cave to live in, in Spain - it's great!)... because it has this soft earthy feeling and yet hot and spicy! Like having great sex in the cave, with a log fire and everything scented with incense...

Ooooh, I need my man to come to me right now ;)

Thank you aquila_2009 for recommending me this fragrance for him! I think I'll buy this one for winter and Creed's "Silver Mountain Water" for summer (birthday in july, should fit). Mil gracias again!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Body Kouros is 1 of the better modern offerings from Yves Saint Laurent, altho the majority of there frags are rather interesting & different! I get a sweet cotton candy smell at first with a hint of incense. The incense is never really strong to my nose...I get Eucalyptus, camphor, anise & incense! It is beautifully constructed with great longevity & leaves a nice trail to follow as well. When it starts to dry down, i am left with a sweet, gooey marshmellow effect with the camphor still being present! last a very long time on me which is great for an EDT! Works the best for me in fall/winter like weather! Its an 8.5/10! Kudos to the house of Yves Saint Laurent!

Dad jax
Dad jax

lol..Plantus i live in hungary, this scent is discontinued, right? well i think it is not good for Hungarian winters!

Plantus
Plantus

@Dad jax Excellent for summer? Sorry but don't think so. Maybe if you live in Iceland :))

IMO Body Kouros it's great fragrance for fall nights and it's ok for winter. The sillage its very strong in the first 2h, after that becomes a more close to the skin kind of scent.

I absolutely love it.

crestfallen
crestfallen

Ughhh smells like incense and eucalyptus for about 2-3 hrs then dries down to a mild and very sweet version of that.

The bottle is very plain and unattractive, unlike the original Kouros-at least that had a nice greek statuesque bottle

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Nice fragrance extremely sweet and smooth, has got familarity with JPG le male, joop homme, givenchy pi, but it is the finest among them not harsh very gentle and relaxing fragrance.
Projection and longevity is perfect.
Bottle is good.
I give it 7.5 out of 10.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Cotton candy and melted caramel mixed with the floating incense smoke in the air.
BK is one of the sexiest fragrances I've ever smelled!

jazz444
jazz444

BK begins with a weird, but ultimately delicious, pairing of medicinal and graham cracker top notes. The medicinal aspect loses steam after a few hours, leaving a soft incense and spice combo that stays close to my skin for 8+ hours. Warm and wonderful!

yankeeh8er847
yankeeh8er847

Very nice scent. To me, a mix between JPG's Le Male and Lolita Lempicka Au Maculin. Though the notes are not of vanilla, the mix of notes makes a vanilla impression unmistakeable. In my oppinion it is more well done than Le Male. Would have to campare it more in depth to see whether it wins over Lolita, but an extremely well done scent nonetheless!

gyrro
gyrro

this is a grower ... i like it more and more .... sweet kourous, not so offensive, my woman wears it prob more than me and i love it .. for me unisex and very seductive ... high quality scent .. don`t care about synthetics, smells very natural and calming ... need to buy new bottle as it`s very very cheap ... and it`s worth it (well, more then that)

great longevity and very good sillage ... try it, in my top 5 def.

ps. many many compliments on this one

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

I hated BK at first but felt in love with it over time. It's strong, long lasting, sweet, sensual, sexy, spicy, unique and I bought it super cheap. Opening is honey like sweet eucalyptus and incense. Its almost linear and drydown reminds me bit of Le Male with benzoin instead of vanilla as a basenote. I wish that every nice fragrance had its sillage and longevity.

Simply one of best you can get as a party scent (or as a gigolo lol) and for its price it is bargain. Only downside is that you have to be in mood to wear it.

Overall 8/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

costaleo
costaleo

First time I tried I hated it. As my nose has become more and more familiar with different scents - therefore , more sophisticated -, I decided to try it again two days ago. It turns out that i have already bought my bottle online. Can´t wait to put my hands on it.

BIG
BIG

after wearing body kouros for 2 days, i've come to the realization that i like it a lot more than Jacomo Rouge.

Endymion
Endymion

i have both body kouros and jacomo rouge and i call tell you, they are not similar. (jacomo rouge is rather similar to le male, imho)

Both B. Kouros and B*Men are masterpiece,
but sorry I found no identical notes except cedar (and the beginner "B" of course :) )!

instantjim

I finally bought this fragrance and thought I would re-review it as my previous one was based a brief encounter with it at a perfume store.

Firstly, in my previous review I stated that it was really like B*Men, but with the benefit of owning both fragrances and testing them side by side, I can now tell that the similarity is much slighter than I previously thought.

I really do not detect the strong eucalyptus note people refer to. Here in Australia (as I imagine in other places) eucalyptus oil is common place: the 100% oil can be bought at the supermarket and is used for stain removal on clothes,for disinfectant and for medicinal purposes etc. It is such an "in your face" aromatic, pungent smell it makes your eyes water and has a menthol-like coolness to it. Whatever eucalyptus is in the fragrance is balanced expertly with the incense and gives the incense more of a punch without exerting its own nostril-burning character.

To compare B*men and Body Kouros: the B*Men has a definite licorice note which stands out as does the vetiver.

On the other hand, Body Kouros is, on the whole, sweeter and to me has a note to it which I can only describe as smelling like marzipan (sweet almond paste). I am very surprised to see so few notes listed - to me it smells so much more complex.

B*men had stronger sillage (silage? How do you spell that word??) than Body Kouros, but lasts about the same time on me.

The spice, incense and wood make Body Kouros a fabulous warm, long lasting fragrance and well-worthy of the name 'Kouros'.

I quote:
"Excellent lasting power and sillage and smells nothing like its bitter, animalic older brother Kouros. Dark & Mysterious"

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

First and LAST blind buy!

YUK! Too sweet and too much eucalyptus for my taste. But I admit it is original.

ChristyS

I must add another review to my already existing one. I find Body Kouros more and more better! It´s soooo longlasting, and gets even better during the day. My husband put it on at 8.00am and at 11.00pm you can still notice it. Another thing he does, which is probably not correct, to other perfume-addict, but I think it improves Body Kouros, is to mix it with Miracle Aquatonic Homme (which is very similar to Cologne by Thierry Mugler, a citrus-aromatic). What shall I say? This mix is just great imho. Gives Body Kouros a fresh note, but of course the oriental-spicy note of Body Kouros is dominating.

bourbon108
bourbon108

I agree with instantjim's observation that this fragrance kind of smells like B*Men. I actually thinks it smells like B*Men with a bit of Givenchy Pi mixed in ... which I guess makes sense given the benzoin in both Body Kouros and Pi.

vin570
vin570

It's sweet and lasts long, but it's alittle bit plain, not very different (I look for remarkable scents). It's strong and virile (in its deepest I can notice something like leather) , but its smell isn't complex to me, even though it's nice.

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

Amazing, just amazing. Long lasting smooth fragrance.

Robert White
Robert White

This is a terrific one...I like everything I've smelled by Annick Menardo, (Bulgari Black, Lolita Lempicka, Lolita Lempicka Masculin), and I've bought each one I've come across. She's definitely got a recognizable style, and Body Kouros is reminiscent of Lolita Lempicka Masculin, without the strong anisic topnotes. Very affordable, and strong...a 100 Ml bottle should last a long time. A worthy sucessor to Kouros, although I think that the latter is a little more original...I would give it a slight edge on grounds of creativity...it's interesting, by the way...it's around 96 degrees here today, and I put Kouros on this morning, and I have been sweating like a pig all day...and now I smell EXACTLY like Secretions Magnifiques! (End non sequitur)

jillsy
jillsy

A gourmand oriental, very similar to Le Male but with an added anise/camphor/eucalyptus that makes it extremely addictive. I love Body Kouros but it is definitely not for the faint hearted. This is for the man who is confident and sexy. Excellent lasting power and sillage and smells nothing like its bitter, animalic older brother Kouros.

ChristyS

Bought it unsniffed as a really good offer in an online-perfume-shop.
(curiosity because I usually like YSL fragrances).
Gave it to my bf, and it turned out to be a really unique fragrance, SPICY, SPICY and yes sweet but inspite of that not feminine. The sweetness also fades away after a while, and masculin spicyness stays for hours.Altough it is a spicy fragrance I find it better in summer.I have the impression that it even improves with high temperatures. There are better fragrances for men in my opinion, but this one isn´t bad. Very special, therefore polarizing probably. Worth to try anyway!

scenturian
scenturian

This is one the best from the Kouros line, actually nothing to do with the original Kouros except the name but doesn't smell clean either. I still wonder why wasn't launched under another name.
Smells dark and mysterious. Very powdery, incensy and sweet, realy masculine.
Recommended if u like dark and masculine scents.
Can be worn easily for any occasion.
Super projection and longevity.

instantjim

It is just me or is this really similar to B*Men by Thierry Mugler? Sweet, spicy, vanilla-scented - I like it a lot. I think this is a little more subtle than B*Men.

geta
geta

as for me, it is a scent for women, too :) especially when the sky is cloudy, the mood is gloomy... it rises my internal sunny :) I used to smell my father's perfume (behind his back, of course:))) about 15 years ago, wonder if that BK was first edition? (I was surprised to read "2000" above).

well... let's get finished.
my verdict is: BK is really warm, nice, friendly and cozy. and the presence of eucalyptus is rather what I need.

glitteralex
glitteralex

If JPG's Fleur de le Male got into bed with Chanel's Egoiste (mace?), they would create Body Kouros. Absolutely scrumptuous Fresh Woody Oriental. However, the middle notes seem missing-goes from a yummy top to a soft, powdery base with just a fleeting glimpse of a heart. A little flat in the way that M7 is. The official notes seem to exclude any floral notes, which are surely there-maybe Orange Blossom like the le Male series? Anybody know?

BTW, I am a 42 y/o woman who wears some men's, such as M7, le Male and Fleur de le Male, & Egoiste. Shocked that this very affordable and forgotten scent made my short list within moments of application.

luz
luz

Spicy, warm and masculine. This is how a sexy man should smell like.

fqjcior
fqjcior

This one was disappointing for me. I bought it blind in Honkkong Duty Free Shop after reading really good reviews. Honestly I'd been trying to convince myself to this fragrance but I failed. It was just too sweet, too one-dimensional, too much eucaliptus and benzoin. It is just not my cup of tea although I like different smells. This is next Annick's Menardo work I don't like (the another one is Lolita Lempicka). I can bear Azzaro Visit only because the sweetnes is broken by spices there. But Body Kouros is not for me.

dino
dino

I have it and enjoy wear it. despite the fact that it is known as fragrance for fit guys, I find it more appropriate for cold days.

GMK
GMK

It stays the whole day , whenever i wear it i recieve compliments.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I always thought this fragrance too domineering and overtly sexual; but I can't help but say that you can't ignore this hyper-masculine and extremely hypnotic fragrance.

I love the original KOUROS for what it is, but this flanker just grabs hold of your senses and doesn't let it go for a moment; it's simply spellbinding!

It's a sad thing that because most people in general don't wear enough fragrance or none at all or even as an afterthought, that beautiful perfumes like this are tossed aside and considered 'too overpowering'; but not for anyone who is daring enough and passionate about what Life and living is all about.

If you are wearing a strong perfume, just wear a lot less and you will see how the designer fragrance takes flight!

This fragrance is not for the faint-hearted, conservative and shy man - it's for REAL men who know what they want and aren't afraid to stand out in a crowd. It works brilliantly in a suit or jeans.

I believe it has no distinct target age-group (even though the marketing is blatantly bodied, masculine and youthful), but I do know that more mature men should wear it as a bold statement of their sexuality and existence as men of all ages should be.

(I'm 50, not physically body-image conscious and I love wearing it!)

&RY
&RY

Excellent fragrance. Full of passion, strength & energy. Long lasting...

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

To me, the base note is really similar to La Male with that sweet dry vanilla ( or caramel? ). I love this modern sexy manly sweet. Body Kouros has a great longervity, a great bottle, a great scent, and a really reasonable price. You should have it!

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent 4.13 out of 5 based on 1089 ratings and 216 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.