Designers » T-Z » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Libre Yves Saint Laurent for women and men

Eau Libre Yves Saint Laurent for women and men
dislike

Eau Libre Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures

Eau Libre by Yves Saint Laurent is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Eau Libre was launched in 1975. The fragrance features aldehydes, bergamot, neroli, petitgrain, hedione, cedar, vetiver and musk.

Aldehydes Bergamot Neroli Petitgrain Hedione Cedar Vetiver Musk

Eau Libre Fragrance Reviews

blackness
blackness

This is one of the best perfumes ever!!! I adore it!!! My husband adores it!!! We all (my family and friends, and everyone I come anywhere near when I have it on!!!) adore it!!! It's divine!!!

jan.carver
jan.carver

One of my favourite scents of all time - I managed to buy a full bottle, still 'true', on ebay a while ago, also a small sample bottle, so I'm well stocked again after many years of really, really missing this timeless, subtle and wonderful scent. Why on earth was it ever discontinued?

Tomfinx
Tomfinx

Great fragrance, opens with citrus, slightly Animalic, green forest and floral. Very kind, for the presence of many citrus notes, and seniority. If you find a well-preserved specimen, you find a Treasure. Thumbs-up!

voltaire
voltaire

I loved always this scent, i remeber many year ago this unisex dry frangrace and used for many times...and today i have yet a bottle the Eau libre from 1982 i think very precious one...Confirm MASTERPIECE

Henriette
Henriette

I remember this one very well. The ads too. The top model Marie Helvin and the beautiful guy in a sensual attitude with no vulgarity, just class and beauty.

The scent was maybe the first marketed unisex fragrance, it was kind of an innovation for the time but Yves Saint Laurent was THE INNOVATOR. After Coco Chanel, he invented all remained to be invented in fashion and beauty.

The fragrance was a dry citrus woody cologne, straordinarily long lasting.
In the notes oakmoss it's not listed but I am pretty sure it was present.
Eau Libre was different from the other citrus cologne around at that time (and today too it would stand as a novelty) as it was very dry, woody and aromatic, with a bitter undertone.
If I had to make a comparison I would say the one which goes nearest to Eau Libre is Eau de Rochas, but Eau Libre had a carachter of its own.

Eau Libre was a standpoint in perfumery; I have often wondered why it was discontinued in such a haste.
Certainly Monsieur Saint Laurent gifted us with other chefs d'oevres, but I still regret the loss of this one.
MASTERPIECE

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Eau Libre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Eau Libre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Libre by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Libre by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Jacques Fath Green Water Gres Cabochard Christian Dior Miss Dior Jean Patou 1000 Pierre Balmain Vent Vert Original Yves Saint Laurent Y Clinique Aromatics Elixir Molinard Habanita Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel Roberto Capucci Yendi Rochas Monsieur Rochas Paco Rabanne La Nuit Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy Estée Lauder Azuree Pure Pierre Balmain Monsieur Balmain Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men Lancome Cuir de Lancôme Guerlain Chamade Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette