Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Elle Shocking Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Elle Shocking Yves Saint Laurent for women Videos
Elle Shocking Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Elle Shocking was introduced in 2009, as a limited edition, available as 30, 50 and 90 ml EDT. The fragrance is composed of aromas of mandarin, ginger and peony.

Mandarin Orange Ginger Peony Freesia Jasmine Raspberry Musk Cedar Patchouli

Elle

Elle Shocking Fragrance Reviews

katushka37
katushka37

Very feminine yet slighty edgy and modern scent. It is less floral and sweet compared to the original. I actually prefer this version, IMO it is more unique

Initially you get a big burst of sweet raspberry and peony but then it settles on your skin and stays very close. After 20 minutes it becomes warm and sweet from ginger and cedar. I can still smell floral though making it more feminine than your usual spicy fragrances.

IMO it is a good daytime fragrance. I think it is good for the office because you don't get huge silliage from this scent (but those in very close proximity will smell it on you).

Overall I like it, it is a nice change from my usual green and citrus scent I tend to wear.

Update: I was informed by the YLS sales assistant that this scent has become permanent and now is called Elle EDT

smellME
smellME

This is a fruity peonie raspberry and ginger patchoulie fragrance. It is opening quite strong and harsch but settles down from orange ginger patchoulie, to raspberry peonie musk patchoulie and now it resembles my lovely Elle intense version which is a lot more mallow and sophisticated. I like this too and will complement it with Elle intense.
Its called Shocking but its not written on bottle nor boxing, which could make things confusingly mixed up with original Elle.
I believe this is the EdT.Just to let you know..
It all sums up as a strong fruity patchoulie and can be harsh to a gentle nose ! The one other perfume it reminds me of is Forbidden Euphoria.
To me this is -- Lovely !

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

Not sure I really like it. It's seems to be too hard and serious on my skin. But maybe it's just the moment beacause it's really elegant and it "sounds right". The very problem it's the first moment I wear it: it's like a dishes detergent, strong and breathless.....and this note remains a little for all the time.....Not sure, not convinced at all.

emmarichey
emmarichey

This perfume was too damp and sweet for me at first, and reminded me more of sweat than a perfume. But after a year I got it down from the shelf and started using it gradually.
There is not much in this scent that speaks of me. It is sort of oriental and loud, and definatly a damp sent, like something from a meat-eating flower in a Malyasian rain forest (at least in my mind), that I think is suitable for the winter months.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

On me this is blend of citrus and vanillna (kind of reminded me of L by Lolita Lempika). It is quite sweet so I am not sure that it would be great for summer. Pretty scent though I wouldn't buy it.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Don't know about spring or summer, for me it's totally winter and fall. Since Intense didn't work with me at all, I decided to try others. Today I grabbed this one. I think it's very similar to Elle Intense only it's better. Elle Shocking might be shocking only to those who loves only innocent and pretty perfumes. I like this one- it's edt, but lasts and has sillage. Composition on me was so different from many perfumes and seems didn't follow any trend. It's berries with wood on me. Wood is very dry, like mahogany shavings- very original. Seems this effect is thanks to ginger. Peony is present only to fill the dryness and provide some softness. I like it very much and think it will be a good to wear in colder season, however now it's beautiful too, very YSL.

ChristyS
ChristyS

Agree with scarlett that it is a very good fragrance for spring and summer.
To me it is also a "happy-scent", and I liked it from the first sniff. It is sweeter and more fruity than the original Elle, but not a cheap floral-fruity, to me it is an elegant YSL floral-fruity. It starts citrusy flowery but the soft and creamy drydown comes quickly and is great. It lasts for several hours on my skin.

This fragrance certainly did not shock me.

It was unexciting, bland and common in my opinion. Definitely not a fragrance that lived up to all the hype surrounding it.

I wanted this fragrance to have that little bit of 'oomph', but instead it left me dissatisfied and waiting for more. The peony, ginger and mandarin notes were just a mess. I honestly would have liked to have seen more of a complexity in this fragrance, it was far too linear.

The scent remained the same from the beginning until the last few seconds of the drydown, which was fairly average, consisting of around 2 hours.

I'd probably skip this fragrance altogether and stick with the original Elle.

Elle Shocking by Yves Saint Laurent 3.96 out of 5 based on 57 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Elle Shocking fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Elle Shocking, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elle Shocking by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elle Shocking by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.