Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

herbal
Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Videos
Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Jazz Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Francois Latty. Top notes are nutmeg, artemisia, coriander, cinnamon, lavender, basil, anise, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are carnation, iris, jasmine and geranium; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, oakmoss, cedar and tobacco.

Nutmeg Artemisia Coriander Cinnamon Lavender Basil Anise Bergamot Cardamom

Jazz Prestige

Jazz Fragrance Reviews

manos1965
manos1965

It took me 25 years to discover it but better late than never.Fantastic fougere with very good projection and longevity .Ideal for automn and mature man.
Maybe the best fresh fougere ever made.

joenick68
joenick68

Overall a good every day wear cologne.

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

Just a short note: YSL Jazz does not remind me of Tsar by Van Cleef and Arpels at all. They are different beasts. Jazz does make me think of the original Halston 101. There is a certain essence that reminds me of metal for some reason. I love Jazz and glad I still have a bottle. I still miss 101.

Edit: 10/01/2014 I get compliments from women in the office on this one. I hear "you smell so good" and "you smell very manly". I like when an attractive woman in the office tells me this and leans in to smell me. Isn't this mostly the reason we wear cologne?!?!

Guapo
Guapo

Still do not understand why YSL stopped producing the original version. This is one of the top brand colognes. A classic.

nariman_89
nariman_89

یکی از بهترین های کلاسیکه بوش عالیه تندو تیز کلاسیک ولی موندگاریش مثل قدیمیاش نیست قدیما جاش پلاستیکی بود ولی الان شیشه ای تولید میشه

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

Similar to Le Male terrible but i prefer this jazz vintage. So relaxing.... feel clean and fresh lavender.. hmmmm

Eddie2082
Eddie2082

My first ever. Loved it.

KBF1982
KBF1982

The vintage version is amazing.

Rafael123456
Rafael123456

Very clean and masculine. There is something quite stylish and dark about this one. It reminds me a smooth 90s gangster type. Remember Andy Garcia's character in Godfather part3 ?? Jazz is something he would wear... One of my all time favorite oldies...

mrobbo0812
mrobbo0812

My dad has had this as long as i've known and i've always liked the smell of it, now my friends (18-20 years old) have started using it and love it as well

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

JAZZ is great.

People keep laughing when I tell them i still wear this scent (as though anything that isn't 'new' should be thrown away), but it's precisely why JAZZ (and KOUROS) are going strong decades later... they are perfect 'seminal' scents. They were hits for a reason.

For ALL occasions: work, weddings, summer, winter... really anywhere.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: average
LONGEVITY: good
SCENT: Excellent
VALUE FOR MONEY: good

OVERALL: 8/10
---------------------------------------------

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

History truly is a guide to the present day.

Released the same year as Cool Water, Jazz is sadly overshadowed these days by its flanker, Live Jazz. I've never tried Live Jazz, and I'm in no hurry to, although one day I certainly will. I wanted to own a bottle of Jazz for one reason, and one reason only: its fans feel much better about it now than they did in 1988. They don't feel that way because of a formula change (it has been reformulated, probably several times), but simply because the general nature of Jazz seemed rather commonplace and perhaps a little dull, back when it was surrounded by similar woody ferns in a decade chock full of woody ferns.

Fast forward to the twenty-first century, after a decade of uninspired Acqua di Gio clones and Cool Water rip-offs, and suddenly this artemisia-based fougere by YSL smells much better, an elegantly mature reiteration of "fresh." It opens with a bright spicy fougere accord, transitions into tobacco, wormwood, nutmeg, cedar, and a handful of other very dusky-smelling things, and ends on a sweet, musky amber, with a nice dab of moss (oakmoss is present in my bottle). Aside from an oddly urinous, slightly unbalanced herbal citrus note on top, I think this fragrance is perfect. I imagine coming back to it is like revisiting the movie Basic Instinct for a lot of guys. It seemed campy and crass the first time around, but today it's stylistically sleek and inspiring. Earthy-spicy fougeres are a part of every man's basic instinct, and there's even a nifty horn section in here.

Jazz is softer and less green than Tsar, but they're kissing cousins. It's good for autumn wear.

vonMises
vonMises

I love this one, from the harsh opening through the wonderfully smooth development. A successfully balanced fragrance of spicy, woody, and floral accords, tinged with citrus. A perfect accompaniment to any event.

sasha_kosak
sasha_kosak

I've found this fragrance is rather similar to STDupont Pour Homme, especially in the first couple hours of wearing. But than the Jazz formula becomes disbalanced and I start feeling caustic citrus-coniferous notes which are annoying me. I have twofaced feelings to this cologne: good at the morning and awful after lunch. Maybe the cold weather play against me, maybe not...

serars
serars

This is a masterpiece, an art work. The One and Only issue

alepoz84
alepoz84

per i miei gusti una delle migliori fragranze tra quelle di Yves Saint Laurent da uomo...

ilian.evgeniev
ilian.evgeniev

Very good and different.
It is classic for me.

limited Edition
limited Edition

Jazz is my summer vacation by the beach , daytime casual cologne..I need something sharp and crisp as I leave my hotel leaving a trail of class and sophistication from the elevator to the lobby..the opening notes of lavender and corriander give me a burst of energy like no other.

Longevity : 3/5

Sillage : 3/5

Overall : 3/5

Its not what but how you wear it..have fun..

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

I wore this in 1988 until the bottle (white and black plastic zigzag shaped) ran out, I remember it to be citrus sweet fruity and creamy, like a Male version of Gucci Rush. I couldn't imagine anyone wearing it these days as it had such a gimmicky 80's feel to it, even though of course there is a big revival currently.

Swahili
Swahili

استعملت هالعطر الجميل وانا في الجامعة بالالفين أتذكر انه رائع وممتع
ثباته اعتقد معقول جدا وريحته ممتازة
وقتها حسيته كبير عن سني شوي لكن لم اجرب استخدامه من جديد

tatagaldino
tatagaldino

The Jazz, brings me back to the early 90s. The floral notes were strange in a masculine scent in Those Years, my mother wore Jazz. She thought it was much more feminine than masculine.
It Has Been proven that Jazz is timeless and conceptual. It is rather a male fragrance. The artemisia cries off and the drydown is wonderful, Jazz is not for anyone. He has class. Refers to the Jazz (musical style), the streets of New Orleans, mild climate, trumpet in the background.
I do not consider "dated," he has class, combines with romantic moments together. Family dinner.
Projection is between moderated and heavy
excellent longevity
A classic from the house Yves Saint Laurent

fuggerone
fuggerone

vintage version a pure explosion of classiness!

mmh6352
mmh6352

Old school warmy, mild spicy and woody notes. Long lasting with good projection.

orestes
orestes

One of my favourite fragrances before refolmulated,im lucky cause i have 2 sealed plastic bottles and one new i use,and i take compliments when i wear it,very foolish decision to reformulated

Zenith
Zenith

Funny story. No one knows precisely where the name Jazz came from, and early on it was spelled Jass. One theory was that it was short for Jasmine, a type of perfume which was almost only worn by working girls in New Orleans with which the early jazz music was closely related. So they played "Jass" in their houses of ill repute until some cheeky kids started scrubbing the "J" off all the ads and drums, hence changing to the Z's.

Thought some people may find that interesting

As to the fragrance, very similar to Tsar, dark herbal notes prefectly suited to cold days and the older gentleman. Not a personal favourite and a little stuffy but not bad at all

oilman
oilman

this stuff is elegant.

Oktaviono
Oktaviono

Love at the first smell !!
Adore it since 1991 with their black & white bottle, until now still my favourite

ariffshah
ariffshah

This is my wedding fragrance and i found it in the store again this month. Bought it and smell a bit mild from the old version.

Migalex
Migalex

This is one of the very worst fragrances I ever smelled, and tried it countless times, both on skin and on paper and the result is consistently the same. I wonder how they managed to get such an (extremely) unpleasant scent from such adorable notes like coriander and geranium. That is quite an achievement and I give them that. I wonder why they discontinued live jazz and not this one. Staying power is average, but the scent totally notorious, as I said, unique, I am sure, and quite a masterpiece of creativity and imagination.

Mohamed Abdennour
Mohamed Abdennour

The fragarance though famous , It appears to me not the fragrance sought for a man .The fresh and Vibrant notes of corriander and its association with Geranium ,artemisia, cyprus ,and patchouli were to me nothing but an expression of the paradoxes of a complexe personnality which rounds between white and Black,Fresh and woody ,Clear and sombre,sensibility and power.I think that there would be no clear say on this perfume since it would give me no impression of what it really is ,and as the alternation of unbalanced components meant to convey richness ,encounter and multi ethnicity continue ,it would not reprsent me .

I agree with Luca Turin that this seems timid and overly complex, at least at times. I've only tried the glass bottle with plastic cap, so the original might be different. Jazz is nicely balanced, so if you fear heavy fougeres, you don't have to worry here, as that accord is not pronounced (though it's clearly present). It's not too sweet either. In some ways, it's "a little of this, a little of that," but it didn't get boring. However, it might if I wear it a few times so I'll have to update this review after future wearings. I haven't tried Tsar so I can't compare it to that one. It's hard for me to say what it should be compared to, because it possesses aspects of several "men's" fragrances I've tried. It's definitely not an "80s power" fragrance, though I can understand someone calling it a light version of that kind of scent.

UPDATE: I obtained some of the original, in that white and black plastic bottle, and find it to be really special. It has a kind of delicate intricacy that is missing in the clear glass bottle. The notes really seem to "dance," in a sense, and so the name is appropriate. The newer one is a bit of a dullard who trips over his own feet, but soon sits back down in the corner and doesn't cause disruptions. His conversation is pleasant but unremarkable. Get the original !

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

For me the best YSL, underrated masterpiece
The reformulation is pretty bad though

@DaZed : Your right!
I feel the same way as you describe it if i think about Jazz.
Its one one of the few bottles i always ignore these past months and i own around 24 bottles.
To me its a very sharp citric,harsh,green,bit sour and very dry scent.
My wife dont likes it on me she finds it old smelling.

My positive side on it is that it smells very clean.

I used to think in my memories Jazz in the 90's as a more fruity and jazzy scent with a twist but it is more a scent for a mature conservative politician or counseler in the Washington area.

Its quality for sure NOT that i hate it but im not feeling all "that" when i wear it.

Green,bold,masculine.

oxm
oxm

Today I was able to sniff (finally) Jazz, I was looking for so long, I managed to buy a miniature, now I do not know how long this is around mignon (the package is antiquated) but the liquid is something truly sublime, i remember about 20 years ago i wrote down on a notebook of its ingredients found in a newspaper, and now here he is majestic, aromatic, dry and very elegant remembers opening Safari by Ralph Lauren (bubbly and explosive) right after i get swept by a very noticeable particular that have not been able to identify in the head, but whirls me something Drakkar noir, the persistence is high and the bottom gives me very showy notes of leather that I could feel it in a full-bodied scent that I had years ago Duke of Atkinsons in short I am faced with a scent with many facets, but as a pure diamond filtered sunlight in a sublime way.
sparkling

jBoozy711
jBoozy711

@MrMonkie

i've read it got reformulated ¶=(

i got a five years old Bottle
the vintage one, i love it

if anyBody knows where i can get a vintage version please let me know

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

یک کار قدیمی و خوب
کلاسیک به تمام معنا
کسانی که کارهای کلاسیک استفاده میکنند حتما میپسندند
فقط ورژن جدید تولیدی ماندگاری و پخش بوی سابق را ندارد

A good old
classical sense of all
those things I prefer to use the classic
version, only the former has no odor production and distribution of life

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It's very cool.
Although he's have a few years, still maintains a very modern style today.
It's a real perfume, in the sense that their longevity and projection are excellent.
I loved having one of these.
Highly recommended.

MrMookie

Very attractive and powerfull frag i had it back in 1990 it brings me good memories! i can here good life from inner city pumping out of the radio again! :-)
Also with a great drydown!
Im gonna buy this one soon as i have a 80's / 90's powerhouse wishlist of frags.

Not many FRESH scents out here today have this mega longevity! its on my skin for a fast 32 hours! still going strong and thats from one wrist spray.

update i bought a bottle and i tried it on a few times but im a bit dissapointed because i think the longevity is a bit fair.
maybe i had another tester?

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is a very sexy scent for a guy to wear. If a guy is wearing this I find myself doing a double take! A classic masculine fragrance from ysl and a personal favourite of mine.

tomerits
tomerits

i got this perfume when i was 11years old,one of the first perfumes that i bought (zigzag black & white bottle)in my life . now in my second bottle, still one of my all time favorite.
more suitable for winter/fall cold night.
my rank 4.5/5.

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I remember way back when I first smelled it I thought it reminded me of Eternity for Women but with a masculine spin. It smells like I thought Eternity for Men would have smelled before I smell the actual Eternity for Men.

jtd
jtd

Jazz is a great illustration of the point that the aromatic fougère of the 70s-80s had reached before Cool Water changed the rules. It has a warm spicy opening (cardamom, cinnamon) that plays against the artemesia that becomes noticeable at the end of the top notes. The artemesia holds strong and seamlessly ushers in the longer-lasting notes that define the heart and base, the coumarin, moss, cedar, tobacco.

Jazz has a major/minor chord interaction that maintains my interest as it unfolds. It’s a bit too blended to be one of the strident fougères like Azzaro pour Homme that preceded it and Troisième Homme that followed it. Still it is an aromatic fougère of the old school and feels warm and enveloping rather than limpid, fresh and sweet/tart like Cool Water.

Where would the aromatic fougère have gone without the ascendance of dyhydromyrcenol? Jazz, while lovely, seems like one of those genealogical lines identified by archeology that became extinct when the faster, more viable predator (Cool Water) was better able to cull its prey, the male herd of the late 80s/early 90s.

jtappenden
jtappenden

As with Fahrenheit,Xeryus & Kouros,this is a highly individualistic fragrance.Happy memories of many good times!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Another great offering from the house of YSL - it never ceases to amaze me how many stellar offerings one house like this can produce. The ingredients and flacon designs are often of the highest quality also. Appealing sweet citrus and musk top notes followed by florals and woods make this a keeper. Not too overpowering like some older scents, the comparison to VC&A 'Tsar' is a pretty good one. Definitely a next buy. Bravo YSL.

krmarich
krmarich

Jazz was the second offering in 1988 for men by YSL in the 1980s with the first being Kouros in 1981. It wasnt as large as Kouros, but then, nothing will ever compare to it. Jazz was still very large and very potent. It was trend setting as well. I rushed out to my local mall and bought some EDT and several bath product that were offered.

I loved the heady florals, yet there was something about the closing that bothered me. I didnt smoke, so it must have been the tobacco. I only noticed this in the heat. Cooler night were just fine! Otherwise, it was a very traditional leathery fougere. Most of the time I would re-spray some before the closing and never notice it. Yes, it easily lasted 18+ hours.

This was one of the last giants from the 80s. Its later reformulation that I picked up in 2007 seemed more quiet. The closing lacked tobacco and contained minimal oakmoss. I was able to track down a vintage for comparison and indeed the changes are there. The original is from a time in my life that I would stay up drinking and dancing until 4AM. I guess the reformulation fits my life now that I am older. When I feel nostalgic, I give my vintage plastic bottle a spray and turn on some Miles Davis.

Heverton
Heverton

Jazz opens up with some spices mixed with a herbal tone making possible to sense an acid aroma which thankfully doesn't last a long time.

After about 5 minutes, bergamot kicks in giving a citric chord to this fragrance which combined with a gorgeous floral heart, makes this a very clean and peaceful fragrance that projects good enough and stays for quite a good time on skin as well.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Everytime I spray on some vintage Jazz, I think to myself, "Why don't I wear this more often?!" I love this fragrance. For me, it has the perfect balance of so many ingredients. The artemisis, corriander, and geranium give this a spicy green earthy aroma, and the perfect amount of leather in the base makes this extra special. The sandalwood and cedar anchor this down, though I don't get that much of a floral aroma from this. I have no idea about the new Jazz, and since this is so perfect, I am not in any hurry to find out. This is both discreet and unique...one that I intend to reach for much more often.

ION
ION

I sampled "Jazz" today after I can't say how many years and I think it has been tweaked (one can verify this? even substantially).
I find it better now, less shiny, less "on your face".
I never particularly liked "Jazz" and I am all for the old bottle compared to the glass trasparent one of today (one must admit French knew how to sell their stuff artistically), but this is a quality product from the bottle and packaging to the smell so..
Do give it a "long" try before buying it however, as it might fool you due to its very attractive opening.

Adriana Candiotto
Adriana Candiotto

Woodsy aroma with floral touches and subtle, an interesting blend, manly but I confess that I love to use it, do not feel the sweet side of the shank of the cardomom and tonka, sandalwood are very involved by e cedar, a true classic that transports me to the top of 90 years, but a little nostalgic, fixing and great sillage.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Jazz is magic, makes me feel young and happy...
I love the leather note mixed with the English lavender. Jazz is very simple and this simplicity is its very special charm. The bottle is very interesting, made in the shape of a double bass fingerboard, black and white like the piano keys, both instruments present in jazz music. Well done Yves Saint Laurent!

lipepimpol
lipepimpol

begins this pungent, bright green and reminded me immediately of the tsar old fellow, with more nutmeg and cinnamon and lavender same.

but it is only the beginning, jazz dry down with a beautiful floral accord perfectly in tune with the aromatics, which here are more elegant.
Tsar while it is more green and seasoned jazz is more bright and floral!
similar finish wood, leather, amber ...
jazz remains bright, but the tsar abuses of patchouli and I do not like it much.

For me jazz is great!
one of the great creations
a timeless classic
worth it!

super silage
super longevity
super fragrance

or 4 thumbs up no doubt!

missan

Got a tester from a lady in a small perfume shop. It´s called Lord John by Lord Hamilton. She said it was a stronger version of Jazz.
I have to test it some more, but it´s very good, and there is a chance she could be right.

Convict13
Convict13

A present for my man a few years ago, a true classic, certainly not a fragrance for a guy in there 20's I think 35 up it suits more.

mehrdad
mehrdad

عطر شیک و جذابی است وقتی توی بازار عطر لانچ شد تمام رقبا را کنار زد و تا چندین سال بر اریکه سلطنت روایح خوش تکیه زده بود و اگر حمله و لشگر کشی تکنولوژی ساختن عطر و ادکلن به صورت فله ای و با کمک کامپیوتر و بال و پائین بردن اسانسها نبود که اینهمه کار روانه بازار کند آقای جاز همچنان میتوانست مقام خود را داشته باشد اما چه توان کرد که هر کس و هر چیز چند روزی نوبت اوست!
مردانه
خاص
با دوام
پخش بوی خوب
تلخ و گرم
مورد علاقه خانمها

JAZZ - EAU DE TOILETTE

Natural Spray PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
A pulsating and lively fragrance. A spontaneous and well-paced trail.

The world of jazz music with its jazz cellars where one dances and drinks ‘till early morning evokes the Paris of an era and a generation longing for liberty and joie de vivre.

Size: 50 ml , 100 ml

به نقل از سایت تولید کننده

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Oh that's much better! I tried Jazz Live and hated it! So citrusy it burned my face.
But this classic lil party boy blows it away.
I will say that the bergamot overthrows the floral notes a bit, they're now obsolete, but it is softened by them and not too overpowering like the lemon in Jazz Live.

I think melon might have been a softer option for this scent that wouldn't have overthrown the florals, but thats just my opinion.

The spices are used with fun in mind, and the woods are used liberally and heartfelt.
Although I find this smell a lil tang on my own skin, so cannot justify wearing it, I would think it a good party scent for lighter skinned boys, off you go dancing with this one, k.
It's a very nice fragrance, but my nose couldn't enjoy it on, I know these scents and they give me headaches.

Go after it

missan

A bought a 100ml tester recently, dont´t know how old it is. It is a little different from the normal Jazz I have though. When wearing it I always feel that this is the best cologne there is.

knightlore
knightlore

Jazz, with a hint of Kouros.....

cartman_
cartman_

to me, some part of this scent smilar to ''BY Man dolce&gabbana''....

jazz realy grand scent, high 5/5

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Powerful! I love this scent! For all ocasions, except warm days. Sillage 10, fragrance 10, longevity 10.

guest_Jazz is good, Tsar rules!
guest_Jazz is good, Tsar rules!

I appreciate the class and beauty of this fragrance, however, I honestly like Tsar (original formula) much better. They are somewhat similar, but Tsar is more alluring and enticing to the opposite sex.
I still enjoy Jazz for the well made scent that it is, but
I'll wear Tsar when I need to make a favorable impression!

MartinVain
MartinVain

Its rather funny how i came across this fragrance, Ive been in love with a popular Japanese BL manga by the name of Jazz. The entire love story was based around this fragrance. At first i didn't believe the fragrance was real till i looked it up. I just ordered it online and should be getting it soon, i hope it can sweep me off my feet like the manga. And reading all your reviews lets hope i like it. Im a youngster when it come to classics.

guest_Ahmad
guest_Ahmad

great scent which remains all time great

guest_Aldo
guest_Aldo

This morning I got out the shower and asked my wife, what am I going to wear when they discontinue jazz and replace it with some new punk smelling "up to date" fragrance which has flooded the markets over the last 10 years?
Every single day I am asked by numerous people, what's that fantastic fragrance you are wearing? Even 14 hours into the day. Value for money, you will never replace this type of product. It's like the old cars, strong and solid! I hope and pray it's always available :)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Well, guys, if any of you were teens/20's in the 80's I bet you wore this stuff.. and snogged a girl like me who loved it too!! A fab smell which brings back memories of discos and pubs filled with guys bathed in Jazz! I must smell it again, actually...

RobbieX
RobbieX

A real man's cologne an "old school" classic! Similar to Tsar. Jazz has a bitter citrus start but then it's fresh clean and long lasting. One of the best - well, it is YSL after all!

missan

A wonderful fresh more classic cologne.
In the same class as Allure Homme, but a little less sweet, more flowery. Very long lasting.
Update: It doesn´t get much better than this.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

It'a one of the best of the 80's. Only for that I have to give a good note. It's spicy, flowery, woodsy... An all in one fragrance, well made YSL.

3.5/5

lade_di
lade_di

i totally agree with cinslot, this is a real "woah" smell. A smell where, when you pass a guy wearing this you have to take a second look, not at the guy at the guy wearing that scent. You you tell when someone is wearing jazz.

instantjim
instantjim

I find this one very fresh. The lavender is most prominent at first balanced with sweet citrus. Spices and musk are there as well. This is nowhere near as "in your face" as fragrances like Paco Rabanne, Kouros and the like. It doesn't strike me as particularly woody. There's something really classy about Jazz, it lasts well but does not overpower.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Another cologne that brings me back to college days, in the middle of 90’s, that was fashion, even before that time, when the bottle was still plastic and mimicked the keys of a piano.

Jazz is an exquisite scent, masculine and elegant, which contains notes of spices, in its output, making it very strong and pungent, if too much applied. At 1st sight, we've got nutmeg, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom and lavender, notes that are usually used in the areas of heart and base of many men's fragrances. We also have anise, bergamot and basil. In the heart of the fragrance, carnation, iris, jasmine and geranium, flowers that can be extremely masculine, according to the nuance that is applied in their extraction. Finally, oakmoss, tonka bean, sandalwood, cedar, tobacco and leather. Do I need to say something else?

The result, obviously, is a floral-spicy aroma, which is strong and has a base able to stand for hours without losing the crabs.
On my skin, I can't even use a lot because, rather than being a success, becomes an aroma that reminds me "smoke spiritual roller" and I really don't dig. But, applied discreetly, is wonderful!

m_pooka
m_pooka

I used to wear it when I was younger. Nowadays I don't believe it suits me anymore. Maybe because I'm older, maybe because it is too 1980's in my mind.
Although I agree it's fresh and romantic in some way, you can really get tired of it real fast.

perryforever
perryforever

I'm a woman and I used to wear this. Because it's got a fresh citrus aroma on it's top notes I loved it. Better than the (present) Samsara I took back to get it!!

knightz
knightz

I really tried to like Jazz. I have even put it away for a couple of months to try later on my skin. Jazz has something very sour to my nose in it. It is cloying very quickly and I want to wash it off. I get lots of florals, but something in there puts me off. Possibly the Artemisia is what doesn't seem to belong in the mix. It seems this sour note is the only thing keeping this one masculin. Without the offending note I think I would like the floral scent, on a woman.

I didn't give up on YSL after Jazz, I also blindly bought Opium pour Homme EDP strength and it's one of the best ever.

Abbas
Abbas

Fresh and romantic fragrence for men,im using from 1992 its still new and cool.

Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent 3.79 out of 5 based on 582 ratings and 74 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Jazz fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Jazz, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.