Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Kouros Eau de Sport Yves Saint Laurent for men

Kouros Eau de Sport Yves Saint Laurent for men

Kouros Eau de Sport by Yves Saint Laurent is a fragrance for men. Kouros Eau de Sport was launched in 1986. Top notes are artemisia, herbal notes and coral amber; middle notes are carnation, rose, jasmine and galbanum; base notes are vetiver, patchouli, oakmoss, vanilla, musk and olibanum.

Artemisia Herbal Notes Coral Amber

Carnation Rose Jasmine Galbanum

Vetiver Patchouli Oakmoss Vanilla Musk Olibanum

Kouros Eau de Sport Fragrance Reviews

Please YSL, bring back this masterpiece. The unique, the best "sport flanker" from King Kouros.

Kouros is a masterpiece, an excellent idea executed intelligently and skilfully. Nothing can compare to Kouros, it's unique, brave and virile.

This first flanker though, is a more elegant version. Every note is milder, less pronounced, and therefore you get more of a harmonious blend than the original's harsh top-mid phases.

This would definitely be my signature, if I had enough bottles of it. I prefer this version to the original, and I would keep this and Fraicheur and layer them with Plein Air for the full effect (which I do, but only occasionally).

The olibanum I think is what is making this beauty so alluring and refined. Never feels dated, and will always be an interesting aura around the wearer.

Wish I had 10 more bottles of this.

First flanker of legendary Kouros. Kouros Eau de Sport - more subtle and less "brutal" EDT. Already in those years (1986) was the idea of reducing the animal power and severity of the classic version, and sport was not "fresh lemons and ozone after a shower." As a result, we have a more wearable version: grease "sweet" notes, the focus is shifted to the side of honey and musky herbs. Animal chords are present in the form of hints and no less beautiful than the Kouros. By volume of aromatic components - there their 2 times less (91% versus 80% alcohol in the classics), which affect the longevity. Produced in spray and splash-form, in a plastic bottle.

The rarest and most elusive botting ever from the Kouros line, and the most exquisite in my opinion as well! This is not a 'sport' scent at all, but a more nuanced, articulate and well-crafted bottling of the original iconic scent. Far less polarizing and much more refined than Original Kouros. A more apropos name would be, "Eau de Soft", as this has the full pedigree of Vintage Kouros but doesn't overpower either the wearer nor those in close company. This is year-round scent and performs amazing in warm, humid weather as well as in the cold winter.

The notes are incomplete, as this definitely has civet in it...but not overbearing. What I adore most is the key note of olibanum, and how is shows in the scent. It is listed as a 'base note' in the pyramid, but I can detect the airy, fresh ethereal aroma of olibanum upon application. It, literally, breathes within the entire composition. As the scent develops into heart with the wonderful jasmine and carnation-clove blend, it begins to warm. The light sweetness is detectable here as well. The note listed as 'coral amber' is interesting, but I find it may be more noticeable in the heart and it connects with the oriental vanilla in the base. Never is this a 'sweet' scent, though.

Kouros Eau de Sport is very aromatic and combines a vivid and beautiful freshness to an animalic-infused oriental fougere. It is almost impossible to 'classify' - perhaps the folks at Fragrantica didn't on purpose.

The oakmoss is not heavy, but acts as a great fixative. The vetiver is clean and woody - it marries wonderfully with the green patchouli that is slightly herbaceous...and the two notes actually blend seamlessly with the nice artemisia in the top and floral heart. I, personally, do not detect any rose in here at all (nor would I want to).

The musk is perfect here as well, but cleaner and not too blends very naturally with one's body chemistry and works great with the nice touch of civet. Like Original Kouros, I recommend applying this on clean skin - not dirty. This is too beautiful and rare a fragrance to just throw on after a day at work, truly of the highest quality. Less bravado than the original, but only because it is more refined. This is not a 'formal' scent, but can be worn more formally...but it is just as easy to wear casually, but with taste.

Impeccably balanced and never is there a moment during a wearing where you smell anything 'off-putting', 'pissy' or 'urinous'. To me, it surpasses the Original in virtually every way except pure power and projection - but this still has excellent longevity and very good sillage. Personally, I like to incorporate it into a wearing with Vintage Kouros...but, by itself, it is stunning and is one of the best flankers ever created that surpasses a polarizing flagship scent that many regard as a true masterpiece. Bravo.

I was lucky enough to score a large splash bottle on ebay two years ago at a small price. Unopened, still in it's cellophane, I was going to sell it. After a few months, I decided to keep it and opened it. I'm glad I did. There is nothing synthetic about this men's fragrance and as spcmiller points out it is not a sport fragrance but an incredibly natural version of the original. Everything is perfectly blended and smoothed out. I have had some lovely compliments especially from my wife who says it's masculine but without a brutish edge. Strong and assertive. The best of the Kouros line IMHO.

Finally... this was added to the database. I have to say that I recently received a bottle of this in a trade and I'm using it by the drop, not the spray because of its rarity and expense. It's a wonderfully toned down version of Kouros, retaining all of the charm of its predecessor, but with the removal of the 'urine' note that haunts the original. It's not 'sport' in the modern context of just adding citrus to the top notes, but rather it's a less severe, more wearable variation. Very nice and suitable for those who have doubts about the original but still see the charm.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Eau de Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Eau de Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kouros Eau de Sport by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kouros Eau de Sport by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.