Designers » T-Z » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Kouros Tatoo Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

smoky
Kouros Tatoo Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Ancient Greece is the muse for this fragrance. Bright sun, fresh sea and warmth of tanned body were transferred into this composition. The bottle is painted in geometric pattern form ancient Greek architecture. The same motive can be found on the box as an artificial tattoo, which can be washed away. Freshness of citruses (bergamot, mandarin, neroli) in the top notes transforms into sea freshness (Calone), softened by the floral note of jasmine. The base of the composition is a woody-musky one, with the note of incense. The perfume was launched in 2007.

Mandarin Orange Neroli Bergamot

Musk Incense Cedar

Kouros Tatoo Fragrance Reviews

murysusanto
murysusanto

Original and well blend, fresher than original.

This mature fragrance is very good, I think like all other YSL but this one is so original like all famous brands created in the 90's.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I don't know what I was expecting with this one. I saw comments about an "aquatic" note and comments about how modern this is. After all that, I finally decided to sample it. The verdict: no matter how you spin it, this is still King KOUROS! Sure it is a little lighter than the original, and there is greater cleanliness and less civet. But ultimately, the effect is so similar that I can barely say this is any more modern than the original. If you find Kouros too heavy, give this a try. Quite similar presentation at maybe 1/3 of the strength. Barely different in any other way.

So, would I wear this? Sure. I've worn the original Kouros in the summer and discovered its appeal. However, I would never wear this to an evening or afternoon outing. Just like Kouros, you wear it for your own entertainment when you're spending time out by yourself (or even at work). But with company? Never.

JohnMc
JohnMc

An essentially lighter version of the fabled love/loathe inducing original. This is for want of a better description a 'diet' version of the original. A distinct middle note of diesel (yes I know it sounds odd, maybe it's my own skin's ph balance) and a lesser, softer sillage effect. Pleasant, but not 'dirty' enough as the original is!

hay81hay
hay81hay

agree with lovescully about civet note, but its hidden enough to make it for me acceptable, not like original couros which is for me its kind of horror, almost due to civet note ,
i like most cologne by ysl except original couros .
opening with light citrus and watery note , after a few minute drydown to woody which is mix of musk , civet , ceder , and visible incense.

longevity and sillage are average.

my collection 4 ysl bottle out of 14
i love Yves Saint Laurent perfume.

lovescully
lovescully

Following on from the original Kouros & Kouros Cologne Sport, this is now the 3rd variation I have tried.

It starts out sweeter and more floral than the original, but like the Cologne Sport variation, it doesn't stray too far from the original's composition in drydown.

Although there is no civet listed in the notes above, I swear that I can detect the original civet note in the drydown of this Tattoo version. Maybe just a slight hint of incense is there to distinguish this one from the rest.

Like Cologne Sport, Tattoo is nowhere near as powerful as the original, so it should be easier to wear out in public. This will definitely please fans of the original.

guest_bells
guest_bells

this smells fabulous!! im proud i gave to my dad as a present...

Kouros Tatoo by Yves Saint Laurent 3.90 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Tatoo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Tatoo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kouros Tatoo by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kouros Tatoo by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Giorgio Armani Armani Attitude Davidoff Zino Davidoff Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar Paco Rabanne Black XS Dior Fahrenheit Absolute Thierry Mugler B*Men Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez for Him Versace Dreamer Versace Versace L'Homme Versace Versace Man Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme DSQUARED² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood Carolina Herrera Chic For Men Dior Dior Homme Intense Gucci Gucci Pour Homme II Ralph Lauren Polo