Designers » T-Z » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men

L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

I have it: 2038 I had it: 540 I want it: 975 My signature: 101

L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. L'Homme was launched in 2006. L'Homme was created by Anne Flipo, Pierre Wargnye and Dominique Ropion. Top notes are ginger, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are spices, white pepper, basil and violet leaf; base notes are tonka bean, tahitian vetiver and cedar.

Ginger Bergamot Lemon

Spices White Pepper Basil Violet Leaf

Tonka Bean Tahitian Vetiver Cedar

L'Homme Fragrance Reviews

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

My favorite fragrance. Very unique smell, elegant and distinctive in the same time. Women love it.

dlotech
dlotech

A cheaper alternative to YSL L'Homme is Michael Jordan Flight. Just my opinion but if you have the extra cash to get L'Homme then i suggest you do it! You will not be dissapointed.

zuleikarega
zuleikarega

So I gave this perfume my first sniff. At first I sprayed it on one of my doll and it kinda surprised me with a strong citrusy notes. It stayed that way for about 10-15 minutes.

On my teddy bear, I didn't really smell the ginger. I do smell the spices and a hint of something green but a bit spicy kinda greens. Maybe it was the basil, I'm not sure.

But on my boyfriend, I smell the spiciness of the ginger in the beginning when I sprayed it. There was just a hint of citrus, not overpowering, just practically go along with it. Its musky but bold. Not a soft musk, and really masculine.

The dry down was really gorgeous. It smells like a musky cedar with a hint of flowery scent (I really don't understand why I smell something flowery, it might just my nose messing up with me, or it was just something his skin originally smells like and it got mixed up, or maybe it was my lingering scent that somehow got stuck on his wrist).

I totally love how this fragrance get along with his skin. It was gorgeous but not too overwhelming that it'd sickens everyone around him. I just wish that it'd stay a bit stronger and longer. He did washed his hands a couple of times, and the smell fading in only one hour. I do realise that EDT was not suppose to be sprayed on the skin to make it lingers longer, but I didn't expect for it to be this weak.

On my teddy bear it lasted for days lol

Isidor
Isidor

Smells very nice and pleasant, I always get compliments IF people can smell it. It sits very close to the skin but it works great as a subtle perfume that pretty much anyone can enjoy. It's not too sweet, it has a bit of a feminine touch over it but it's very masculine, no doubt. The longevity is good, however it still sits very close to the skin and I really think it could do just a little better. Conclusion: It's a great perfume - a must sample. I'm pretty sure I will get a refill if I don't find a fragrance as well-smelling with better sillage. It's an all round great fragrance that works for most occasions, can't really go wrong.

Sillage: 5/10

kraskata
kraskata

This is a great all-year round scent. Highly recommended.

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, sometimes this fragrances gives me a headache. The basil note in this fragrance is irritating.

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

I can't help it, I like it. Dry down is great; subtle. Wish it lasted longer.

smoj
smoj

i really wanna love this, really, but this is so light going.

2 sprays to the hand and i cannot smell anything.

to get anything out of it i guess im gona have to use 6-7 sprays i guess.

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

My signature scent. This stuff is so refreshing and so beautiful. Perfect for just about anything. You'll fall in love. 9.5/10

AVMax
AVMax

If elegance is your style, this fragrance is for you.

Another winner from YSL, L'Homme is a fragrance that would appeal to anyone with taste and refinement, and not looking to be loud. Impeccably crafted and subtle in nature, it's appeal lies in it's tenderness and warmth up close, and the yearning it leaves in it's wake.

The fragrance opens with a citron-bergamot duo, gently spiced with ginger, giving way to a delicate combination of basil blossom, violet leaf and white pepper, with underpinnings of sandalwood (yes, sandalwood), Virginian cedar and Haitian vetiver. Beautifully blended, it exudes a sweet and soft powdery aura that is both magnetic and restrained.

This gentlemanly fragrance lends it's charm to all seasons and all occasions, formal and casual, without prejudice, presenting itself as friendly, refined, classy, and elegant without clamouring for attention. However, it is done in by harsh environments and polluted air, and is better suited to indoors, unless reapplication is possible.

Should it be required, L'Homme presents a stronger and less gentlemanly countenance with it's alter ego, 'La Nuit de L'Homme', which captivates with the addition of strong cardamom and a more intense personality.

Judging by it's popularity with women, L'Homme drives home a point that ladies love a gentleman. And as evidenced by it's sales, nice guys do win!

Rossyh
Rossyh

The perfect fragrance for those times when you don't know what you want to put on. If I cant decide I always reach for this as I know at the very least I'll smell nice and for me it's suitable for any occasion or season.

If you like this La Nuit is an even better, darker version - though less versatile.

Simple yet classy.

toneinatx
toneinatx

What else can be said about this? This is one that I will always have handy, from now on. It's that good, for me anyways. It's been about 4 years since I first bought my first bottle and am on my 3rd one. Ideal for any environment and place (except the gym). Most people don't know about it, which is fine by me. I can't remember all the compliments this has gotten me since I first started wearing it.

Laurdess
Laurdess

THIS scent....DAMN it is enough to make me karate chop the air.

Dirk
Dirk

@prodigy
I wouldn't be sursprised if that is the case.
Since they launched the Intense version.
There must ofcourse be a difference in longevity and sillage.
between EDT vs EDP

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

L'Homme is comfortable and 'nice guy' fragrance from YSL. You cannot offend anyone with L'Homme, it's so nice that even people who dislike fragrance cannot say no.

L'Homme was created as a casual and versatile fragrance - a people pleaser, if I may say. It's nothing too offensive but also means nothing too groundbreaking too. Ginger in L'Homme gaves it warm (rather 'cuddly' kind of warmth) to this fragrance, while at the same time softening other notes and giving overall versatile characteristics. Warm also gives a nice guy impression on this fragrance - that's a plus point for those who seeks a compliment from the opposite sex.

Bear in mind that L'Homme having a moderate projection and good longevity for a reason - with just moderate, L'Homme couldn't offend another person and therefore accomplish the goal of L'Homme - the nice guy who you love too meet, since he's not overtly doing things

Hemphead
Hemphead

Nice scent i like it a lot very pleasant i don't see why most people wouldn't like it. I can say its very safe to blind buy this fragrance. Same with La Nuit de L'Homme.

Smell: 9/10
Projection: 6/10

prodigy
prodigy

Has this been reformulated? I have a bottle from back in 2008 and I recently bought a bottle made in 2013 and though they smell almost identical I get better longevity from the older bottle. Also the bottles are different the older one is shorter and the newer one. Any info about this?

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

I agree with the comment below: L'Homme is nice, pleasant, easy on the nose and all, but I can't shake the feeling of a vinegar aftertaste with L'Homme, like fermented apple juice or something. La Nuit is the better option IMO.

usas
usas

I will give it some more wear, but right now I'm not too fond of l'homme.
Fill a glass with red wine, drink it but don't clean it. Wait a full day and pick up the glass again and smell. That's what I get with l'homme.

zararbutt
zararbutt

A very clean fresh scent for summer with average sillage and longevity.
This is not unique but fascinating it keeps you happy within yourself.
To me it reminds Boss Bottled No. 6 which i believe is a stronger version of YSL L'homme minus ginger.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Nothing to say...just fall in luv with her~ Brilliant

lribis
lribis

This is a magnificent fragrance!
Very warm, male, not sweet at all. The Eau de Parfum, however, is sweet. But the Eau de Toilette is less sweet, more male I'd say. Great perfume, a must have for woody and aromatic/oriental fans.

vitilsky
vitilsky

way too light, can't smell anything after 15 min, and not just me saying this

Jay T
Jay T

Ce début est tres epice, est presque blesse votre nez parce que le gingembre c'est trop forte. Il est très terne Kouros cou même Libre ou Tonic. Le nettoyant pour le corps est terrible, pas de bulles :(

seto2
seto2

Officially my new favorite scent. It's a shame it does not last long, however when it does radiates, I get loads of compliments.
Can be worn everyday, for most occasions, very versatile.

The fragrance reminds me of one of my first fragrances, Mont Blanc Legend.

Smell: 10/10

pravda48
pravda48

A guy I went out w/ a few times wears this; on him I find it very nice from a sitting-beside-you distance, but then if I actually pressed my nose against it it was a bit too sharp. (bergamot/ginger is what I got). It is VERY NICE if a little plain smelling to me.

I consider it a CLEAN, fairly masculine, fresh scent. Wouldn't call it particularly sexy or overly striking, but very nice and calm, yes. Definitely safe for casual days or at work, just not highly noticeable IMO.

Eau_des_vanille
Eau_des_vanille

The best scent I own...period. The longevity is fairly decent on me. Every single day I get tons of compliments. My signature scent for years to come.

I only wish that l'homme had a true intense version of this edt instead of the poor excuse they made that smells different.

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

L’Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

SUBJECTIVE

A breakthrough in the men’s designer game upon its release, L’Homme is a timeless classic from Yves Saint Laurent that is safe, balanced and attractive. Masculine yet pleasant, this one will certainly appeal to nearly the entire population, men and women, young and old. The question is whether you will like it or love it.

For me, I just like it, and such will be the case for you if you consider yourself a fragrance collector/enthusiast. The ideal signature scent, it works for all occasions with all audiences. This one begins with a fresh top involving citrus and ginger, and then the bergamot picks up as it dries on your skin. Hours after application, you will appreciate a harmony of woods, spice and tonka bean. While no individual note is particularly bold in this one (unlike the L’Homme flankers), this fragrance exemplifies how a thoughtful blend of many notes can engender a marvelous, seemingly linear finish.

OBJECTIVE

As far as performance goes, there are no compliments here. This cologne fades away quickly, and reaches its beautiful peak only 30-60 minutes after application. For this reason, two sprays to the neck, one to the scalp, two to the chest and two to each elbow pit (plus or minus two to four sprays to the shirt for added longevity) are needed. This type of scent may, however, be up your alley if your work involves close contact with others or takes place in a setting where fragrances are generally not supposed to be worn (e.g. health care). While reviewers have traditionally labeled this one a cool-weather scent, I see no problem with its use any day of the year. Be aware, however, that this scent is repulsive on sweaty skin.

IMPRESSION

L’Homme is a fragrance with which you cannot go wrong if you are playing it safe, if you own only a few bottles or if this cologne is intended as a gift. It is an unmistakable classic as far as men’s fragrances go; it is too bad that this wonderful scent is not backed by at least satisfactory projection and longevity (unlike, for example, Chanel’s Allure Homme, a similar scent).

PLAN

You can pass on this one if you already own many cologne bottles (at least 15). Alternatively, seek out better performing L’Homme derivatives like La Nuit de L’Homme and L’Homme Parfum Intense. If however, you seek a fragrance for daily wear that is certain not to offend, go ahead and blind buy this one, especially given the discounted prices out there these days. ★★★

Tycho
Tycho

Ugh. Will buy again.

Enough said.

Layzie
Layzie

This is a delicious scent! When I first sampled it, I couldn't stop thinking about it. It opens with a citrusy tonka, then smooths out to a spicy, sweet, and slightly piquant medley. There are some light woody undertones and something else (not sure what it is) that gives it a bit of earthiness. I really love this fragrance! Everything is blended beautifully.

My girlfriend tells me it's the sexiest fragrance I own. She says there's an aura of elegant masculinity about it, and it's warm and inviting. L'Homme doesn't project well, which is perfect for a guy who likes to keep it inconspicuous. This is easily my favourite from YSL.

niro25
niro25

Smells like creamy, crisp apples, and sweet champagne. L'homme is a great safe fragrance to wear for almost any occasion any season. I do get an elegant feeling when wearing this but you can dress this down. This never gets cloying and can be applied generously. I wish the longevity was better, but a beautiful scent nonetheless.

cgs92631
cgs92631

had to send it back got tired of it after a week

Okay! So I'm a new comer to L'Homme I've tried every other conceivable version except for this original one.
I have to say I was expecting something bland and ordinary from this but it is classy juice and really well composed, instantly put me in mind of Chanel platinum egoiste.
So I'd heard it was a lemon, ginger, vetiver combo and I was expecting Dior Homme sport or eau savage, something quite sharp and dry with the spice jarring against the citrus but I was so glad to get something else from YSL L'Homme.
The top notes are bergamot & lemon and fresh but lead to a soapy vetiver heart with some gentle spice.
What makes this fragrance for me is the base notes of vetiver and Tonka bean it's really nice, extremely well blended and I can't fault it at all...saying that it doesn't blow me away either.
Masculine, suited to spring/summer daytime wear not hugely strong with great sillage or projection but a good fragrance and popular for a reason.

Anon_gibs
Anon_gibs

This juice is a perfectly choreographed dance of soft spicy ginger and balmy washed lemon. Its a slow-stepped dance of enticement. Very SEXY and utterly SEDUCTIVE. It takes one on a tantalizing ride through a fresh, warm summer night in a field just away from a lemon grove. Its intimate and carnal. There's only one achievement to reach when wearing it. Satisfaction! If this doesnt make your loins hungry, see a doctor about your olfactory deficiencies!

The scent remains fairly linear for 2-3 hours when the woodiness reveals itself. Nicely blended vetiver and cedar play out in the finale of this lusty liquid. The dying hours are skin close... Very pleasant to awaken to... ( wink wink)

I see college boys, young professional types best suited for this but would not at all discourage those 40+ from taking this stuff to the bank. It would be ideal for a daily wear so long as being hit on by coworkers isnt offensive to your sensibilities. However, i would reserve it for date night and romance... Thats all that will be on your mind anyway!!!

Enjoy fellas!!! Just be prepared... Ciao!

Scentsofwellbeing
Scentsofwellbeing

While this is a nice clean ginger-vanilla-vetyver scent for men, it has now become instantly recognizable.

If 184,924,470 million men didn't wear this, then maybe I would consider buying it.

This is the mens fragrance that defines the young generation of the 2000's

In the 1990s it was Curve and Cool Water, but now it is L'Homme

34THN13
34THN13

I like YSL fragrances.. When I use YSL L'Homme first spray I say : This stuff smell like Hugo Boss Bottled or 1 Million but only 30 Minutes.. Than amazing ginger and vetiver combination smelling. Really I never smell before vetiver note like YSL L'Homme.. If you ask me whats fragrance smell elegant ? I say 2 fragrance for you: Bvlgari Pour Homme and YSL L'Homme ! YSL L'Homme very elegant, charismatic, and smell so rich. So good scent but.. But.. Longevity and Sillage problem again.. I am very sad for this stuff. Because when u use this fragrance maybe 4 or 5 hours later smell your clothes or skin sniff Tonka Bean and Tahitian Vetiver.. I say only wonderful.. This stuff base notes unbelievable.. I never smell this notes before.. Ok finally when I buy a YSL fragrance definitely I will buy L'Homme La Nuit De L'Homme but EDT version not EDP version because EDT version longevity and sillage better than EDP version why I don't understand.. YSL L'Homme wearable all seasons. Make your choice :)

Sillage:5/10

cologne guy 2010

l'homme is nothing short of an absolute masterpiece.

l'homme is soft and beautiful, while remaining completely masculine at the same time. the ginger and spices of this scent work together so beautifully that it can be better imagined than described.

and if you're going to be at all close to women, then you should look no further than l'homme for something to wear. this is the perfect date scent and i once had a date lose her mind over this scent; all she could talk about after i left and the next morning was how good i smelled.

this is a must have, 10/10

Manolete
Manolete

Am i very confused or what? I own both L'homme and Boss Bottled and to me the don't smell similar at all...

Thee Arabian Knight

Is there a glitch in the "This reminds me of" bar? Because this does not smell like Boss Bottled at all. They're two completely different monsters.

Pianopolice

فکر می کنم در بهشتی که مردمان نیک روزگار به آن باورمندند، از این رایحه به وفور به مشام می رسد. بویی فراتر از ناخالصی های این عالم فنا پذیر دارد، شیرینی مطبوعی که شنونده از استنشاقش سیری نمی پذیرد، چون بسیار ملایم است. ملایمت این عطر به قدریست که اگر آن را بر بدن یا لباستان بزنید محتمل است که هیچوقت کسی متوجه آن نشود. مگر در برخورد های بسیار نزدیک. بیشتر برای دل خودتان خوب است تا چندی یک بار بویش به مشامتان رسد و شما را از اینکه در دنیا چیز به این زیبایی وجود دارد خوشوقت سازد. کلام آخر آنکه اگر به دنبال ماندگاری و پخش بوی قوی می گردید این شاهکار انتخاب مناسبی نیست.

mikkov26
mikkov26

YSL l'Homme is very nice and elegant but it could have better longevity and sillage. It has a lot of similarity to YSL La Nuit de l'Homme but it's lighter and not so sweet as La Nuit.

I personally prefer La Nuit over l'Homme because it has more power and spiciness in it but I love the original l'Homme too. I usually wear l'Homme during the day and at work and La Nuit at night and on special occasions.

L'Homme gets 9 out of 10 from me, it's a must-have imo.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

L'homme is my paradoxical fragrance. It is a gem of fragrance creation by anyone's standards. Light, airy and charming. Any fragrance needs more than a good first impression to be worthy of a buy, in my books. L'homme is great, and L'homme is not.

Opening: Delicious. L'homme has a fantastic start. Lemon and bergamot playfully mingling with ginger. Oh, there's no mistaking ginger in a scent, that light spicy sweetness.

Sillage: Minimal. On my skin I would say someone needs to be within 1-2 feet to get a hint of sweet L'homme.

Longevity: Gone. Sadly I find L'homme is so light it only lasts on me for about 1-2 hours tops. I find myself wondering if I put on enough after 30 minutes.

Gripes: Sigh, time to sound like a whiner. 100ml retails for around 60-80 dollars here in the States. But its sillage and longevity are woeful. It simply doesn't stay with me. Now I live in the city and have dirty bus exhaust and coffee shops and cigarette smoke around me all day. I want a smell that stays with me, and L'homme's deliciousness flees quickly against the cacophony of city smells. If I'm dropping 60-80 on a fragrance I dont expect Creed or Guerlain-like quality, but I do expect it to hold its own for 2-3 hours and be noticable. That being said...

Best for: I still think L'homme has a place in my lineup, and here's why. If I am going out on a date I want something subtle and charming, because I want the girl to lean in and smell me, which increases my odds of getting a kiss on the neck ;) Best for being subtle. Best for spring or summer and best for being very close to someone.

Overall: Judging an entire fragrance simply by the fact that it opens well is like looking at someone's birth and saying, "well, I guess they are going to be awesome". Sadly its not always true. Sweet L'homme is brilliant when it comes to you, but it doesnt last. Like a wandering friend. So be forewarned, if you're okay with not having a long-term relationship with L'homme, just enjoy it while it lasts, soon "the man" is gone.

6.5/10

warlockss
warlockss

i love this fragrance . My 100ml bottle is almost finished and im going to be buying another .its very elegant makes you feel like a million bux makes you feel rich like there's not a worry in the world , i love going for drives in my car and just spray the hell out of me and the car and go on a scent fragrance journey of bliss lol.

anger_free
anger_free

بوی شیرین و جالبی داره که به نظرم بیشتر به جوونا میخوره

doronila
doronila

It's a beautiful fragrance and it was a toss up between this one or DHI. I tested them during the summer which was obviously a bad choice in the case of DHI as it ended up giving me a fairly bad headache. (I know, DHI doesn't play well in the summer)
So i went back and tried L'Homme and fell in love with the instant blast of gingery lemon. So much so i went and bought it.
However after 4 sprays the smell subsided within 2 hours and was barely noticeable unless i had my nose right on my skin.
My girlfriend couldn't smell anything either after 2 hours.
All in all an awesome scent, but not worth buying as it only lasts 2-3 hours with poor projection (On me at least).
The extreme version of L'Homme is not even remotely similar to this scent which is a shame as it is a very very nice smell.

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Really beautiful, soft fragrance that's casual and luxurious. I think it would be perfect paired with it's La Nuit flanker. Wear this in the day time; get home; by this time it's gone or barely there anymore. And if you're going out in the evening apply la Nuit de l'homme.

It's warm, sweet and inofensive. Very nice looking bottle too, only complaint is how soft and close to the skin it is!

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

Sweet, fresh and cool. I love it. Good for casual wear.

alexp1808
alexp1808

In my opinion, this is how luxury smells.

frangellan
frangellan

It's popular for a reason folks! This smells NOICE!! and will be around with us for years to come. Fresh, clean, slightly sweet and ever-enticing. I forget it's there when I wear it but every time I smell this on someone else, I remember why I like it. And the GF loves it too. 4.5/5. Can be worn all year round but it really shines in the warmer months, especially on a cool summer night.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

This is a very nice frag. It is a very good choice for the business world and is pretty non-offensive.

dascagdas
dascagdas

l'homme , Zegna Intenso , and jaipur homme which one ?

xbcraig
xbcraig

After reading positive reviews I made a blind buy.BIG mistake.On my skin this has zero longevity.Axe spray will get you better results than this.

IvanVeen
IvanVeen

I sampled L'Homme yesterday and it smelled completely different on the card and on my skin. I enjoyed it on the card, it seemed gingery and spicy, but on my skin it just tranformed into this bland, powdery blech...

If it smelled on my skin like it did on the card I would definitelly buy, but unfortunately for me it's a no go.

On the card it smelled sophisticated and subtle. It seemed like a safe choice for the office and generally inoffensive.

al.to
al.to

boring boring boring and low quality.
Like many others, thousands others.
YsL has made M7, body kuros ,kouros , jazz, Opium and rive gauche.
and now this??shame on them!

leomachado
leomachado

At first impression, the top notes are a litlle fresh and the ginger are not too noticeable for me. The smell is common and nothing about special. The middle notes i can smell includes the violet leaf that remember me a little sweet and dry smell. i cant detail the spices, but they participate in context.
The base notes i cant describe, i´m not an expert. But the drydown of this perfume is really nice! the longevity is about 6-7h on my skin, and sillage is moderate to weak. Thats a good choice. is my first YSL, and i liked it for high qualit. by the way the smell is common. it´s not my favourite, but have a place in my initial collection.

cologne guy 2010

at first trying this cologne on i felt pretty neautral about it. it smelled rather genereic to me. but when i wore this out, i got extremely positive comments from the women, even on my first day wearing it.

at first i wasnt sure that i wanted to buy the full bottle rather than just the tester but it seems its a much grater scent than i thought. would buy. 4.5 stars

RUDOLFO512

L'Homme by YSL has been one of my favorites since it was introduced. I love the soft sweet spices, especially in the dry down. It is not offensive or loud. I do smell the ginger in this fragrance when first sprayed. I wear it to the office now and then and I always get compliments. I also wear it at night and I get the same compliments. Always a winner no matter what time of day it is.

azizhejji
azizhejji

Genius blend of citrus and spices with ultra quality and elegant , soft silage which doesn't scream but still there , Masterpiece 10 __ 10

harpist
harpist

I have been dying to try this and I was not disappointed- I absolutely LOVE it. :) This is a real must-have and keeper for me!

Honestly I am rather inexperienced to male perfumes and notes, only having tried about 10 fragrances total. L'Homme definitely stood out from the crowd. A citrus and ginger opening give this an aromatic and refreshing twist on the spices from the heart. The base gives this a much woodsy depth and for some odd reason I am reminded of a deliciously seductive cinnamon and apple pie scent with masculine spicy aromas. L'Homme began with moderate silage and 8 hours later I am left with a soft waft of warm spices where I can reminisce and crave more of this. Mind you this is from only one spray.

This is a wonderfully balanced clean and innoffensive casual scent for everyday use. It's not an instant panty dropper but I find myself aroused to how intoxicatingly fresh and tender it is. The gentleman is proper and refined, but his scent's presence gives an alluring come hither sensual vibe. I find it a strong competitor to Egoist's mature woodsy floral scent from Chanel. I love both but would buy L'Homme first for my bf as it is more modern and youthful.

I can't wait to buy and have my guy use it so I can have a legit excuse to cling to him 24/7 like a drunk koala bear haha. I don't think I could resist at all if he wore this.

ritsjoey
ritsjoey

I know this perfume, while popular, has been written down as safe and casual and I can see that but it was always a little special for me.

Such a well-balanced concoction! This could have been too oriental for me but the spices and the ginger are not monstrous and the citruses really elevate the top notes. The dry down with its Vetiver and the Cedar is exquisite.

Far more preferable to any other in the L'Homme series. Love it!

Overall: 4.3

5 Nose-gasm
4 Awsome sauce!
3 Good but not exciting enough
2 Meh!
1 Hell to the no!

ppokpoon
ppokpoon

This is a great fragrance from the house of YSL. The bottle and packaging designs look attractive too. On my skin, the fresh citrus scent is prominent. This fragrance is suitable for daily office wear. It leans on the warm side. However, I have to spray many times whenever I wear it.

browne54
browne54

This is the first extremely popular fragrance that I can get behind. I am not trying to sound pompous, but I tend to severely dislike what is appealing to most people for this kind of popularity. With L'Homme I must I say I really enjoy this. I stayed away from sampling it because I read reviews about it coming off as slightly feminine and has some floral developments; which is fine if it is your thing, it just contradicts my demeanor and therefore cannot pull it off. But I sampled and immediately bought the 100ml. Wore it the next day to work; EVERY single female I work with gave me a compliment, and not exactly what I strive for but what male doesn't like hearing that from an attractive member of the better species?

On my skin:
off top: super blast of ginger/citrus, but damn some ginger.

15mins: ginger is subsiding to the background and some white florals start coming out, but also coming out of the background is the woods. I detect cedar as very prominent and I love cedar.

1-3 hours: peppered cedar, citrus violet. This is where it is the best

4-8hours: dries down to a light woods and the ginger is there at its death.

I wish it projected a tad more, but simultaneously, I find it to be a major strength of the fragrance. It is not loud by any means and when someone gets in your bubble of half-1 foot they will be very pleasantly surprised. And it does not smell pretentious or give off the impression you are trying to get something out of a cologne. Nothing announcing but complimenting all the more. Great fragrance for the casual 8/10

kellz1843
kellz1843

I haven't reviewed this fragrance because everything about it has been said. L'Homme is great smelling and safe. Bergamot/ginger top, spicy/floral middle and soft creamy dry down. I enjoy it so when in the mood I wear it weeks at a time pretty much year round except for very cold or very hot days. It's composition suggests a soft masculinity. The biggest letdown seems to be its longevity. I too thought it lasted 4-6 hrs on my skin. Today proved me wrong. I applied 1.5 sprays to each side of my neck at 7:30 am. I work from 8am-8pm. Get off work and decide to have a couple of beers before going home. I'm leaving at 9:30 pm and the waitress, a friend of mine hugs me goodbye and says , " you smell so good, that fragrance makes me want to bite you." I wasn't expecting that especially since I couldnt smell it and I thought L'Homme was LONG gone. I didnt reapply it with the idea of seeking sillage and compliments. If it works on your skin, this one is a winner.

effect18
effect18

Currently my favorite fragrance. I bought this along with Gucci Guilty Intense, and Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme. I love it.

My nose isn't well trained enough to pick out individual notes, but I will say this: I would rather smell good, than smell like a man. This fragrance definitely achieves that.

I just wish the bottle was a little more masculine. I think it looks like a perfume bottle. La Nuit's bottle is much better.

lumberjack
lumberjack

Wonderful summer scent. Bit sweet but not disturb like many many others. Modern, sexy, comfortable and trustworthy... Was blind buy to me and no regret. L'Homme makes me feel wearing white linen trousers and turquoise blue shirt, got a double of Jack Daniel's, then walkin on the beach at sunset... Ahh that means life.

Thee Arabian Knight

Yves Saint Laurent's L'Homme: What do I think of it? Well, up top I get a burst of bergamot and an incredible ginger note. In the heart, I get a great blend of spices, peppercorns, and violet leaf which gives me a floral vibe. From the base, I detect vetiver. Throughout the life of this fragrance, the ginger is always going to be there, as this is a ginger based cologne. I really enjoy this scent as it is quite unique to me. However, longevity is extremely spotty. Some days I get anywhere from 6-10 hours, and on other days I get anywhere from 3-5 hours. Projection is slightly above average for the first hour and then it gets a little closer to the skin. Buy/Try/Pass: A definite buy in my eyes. All in all, this fragrance is basically ginger in a bottle. It is an absolutely wonderful scent.

pjd1234
pjd1234

My take on ysl lhomme opens up with that gingerish lemony smell on top then at middle the pepper kicks in with the spices then drys down very sweet you can definitely detect the Tonka bean, vetiver, cedar on dry down. This is one of those frags that you can detect all the notes from top to buttom so if youre the one who wants to observe and smell some notes this is the one to try. I'm not too hyped about the scent but I do love it and appreciate it you can definitely wear this all year round but I don't think this will endure the cold weather. lasting power is about 5 to 7 hours and moderate projection. it is not a loud scent. it is a scent that you will appreciate in general id say a solid release from ysl.
Longevity 4-7 hours, max 7 hours 7/10
Sillage moderate 7/10 hope more projection but it will do
uniqueness 8/10 im on stale on this one
overall smell 8/10 great smell nothing ground breaking but good i do appreciate it.
price vs quality 9/10 decent not overpriced just right online cheaper.
versatility all year round in my opinion i dont know if it will endure the cold weather though have not tried it but for its scent alone all year round.

hodges
hodges

I sniffed this one in a magazine and decided to order it after seeing some reviews. I do like the dry down (after 2 hours), but unfortunately I cannot stand the top notes on this guy. It is like a super sweet apple, but harsh and spicy. After a minute the scent becomes too rich to bare. After a handful of minutes I get a headache. I wish it was slightly woodier.

PaulyFe12
PaulyFe12

To put it simply, this is an elegant white wine mixed with honey put into a simple bottle with a reflective cap. The bottle is simple yet seems to be pretend to be a more expensive fragrance. While some may think this is too floral or sweet to be a mans fragrance, I think its a refreshing and quite classy thing to smell in the hotter months and even at a suit and tie event. For the evening, La'nuit de L'omme would be beter suited.

Scent: 8/10 Nothing life changing but very good

Silliage: 8/10 Decent for the first few hours then starts to stick close to the skin.

Longevit: 8/10 5-8 hours

emandemon
emandemon

After smelling a bit of this at my local Belk, I knew I had to have it in my collection. I bought it and oh man.. I love this stuff. It's gorgeous. I spray it on myself just randomly throughout the day, so that I can just keep smelling it. It projects decently and it lasts decently as well. This stuff is absolute worth buying, please do yourself and get this fragrance. The bottle is also very nice to look at.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

House of YSL stands for high quality both in women's/men's fashion as well as fragrances. YSL's L'Homme is a fabulous men's cologne where a mix of floral and woodsy notes are combined to make this cologne a MUST HAVE during the summer time. YSL mastered the art of making a slightly floral scent (famine) an excellent cologne for men.
Both lemon, bergamot and ginger notes come through beautifully with the deep scent of pepper and Violet leafs giving this fragrance a slightly warm sweet/spicy mystical allure.
I do agree with a few others, after a several hours you think that the cologne has worn off, instead you come to realize that it is still going strong.
I find the longevity of this cologne well over 8 hour's. Sillage is reasonably fair without it being heavy and annoying as some fragrances can be.
Overall, when you spray this on your skin there's no mistaking it's a YSL signature fragrance. 10/10
A MASTERPIECE summer fragrance and for special occasions.
100% recommended....Lovin it !!!!!!!!!!!

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Really classy fragrance. I get an Apple kind of pear vibe with this until the musky dry down. A great everyday scent, especially for one who likes re-applying or changing fragrance after a few hours. Longjevity is not that great with this one.... For a similar scent that almost doubles the longjevity try out penguin.

justinxbailey
justinxbailey

This is a very non offensive scent. It smells sweet and warm. I can see it almost construde unisex scent. I get a hint of the ginger in it too as someone had mentioned it on a YouTube review. I've come across tons of females that love this scent but I do have to say, the sillage and longevity are rather weak. I have to layer it often and sometimes I use my own mix of iso-e super to help boost and lengthen it's life. A very good versatile scent that I use for work, going out, casual, etc.. just about anything. I always carry decant with me to re-apply when needed.

littlehan03
littlehan03

I'm a girl, but still love the scent on me, very soft and tender.

glumAbettor
glumAbettor

I recommend this to all of the guys in the store who are looking for a fresh, clean sort of smell. This fragrance smells like a person who just got out of the shower. However, I have heard that this fragrance doesn't last very long, so that's something to watch out for.

kthsn
kthsn

If I could have only one frag for the rest of my life, it would be YSL L'Homme.

Scent: Incredibly well blended, its hard to pick out a prominent note. It's fresh, spicy and light but not overly so in any direction.

Feeling: It gives off a vibe of sophistication without trying. It's not "immature" like some frags who scream for attention. It's casual but so very well put together. It reminds me of a dressing in a white button down and jeans but having them fitted perfectly. Think of Don Draper when he's not at the office. Hiro said it best, it's for a guy who's always looking 100%, metrosexual even.

Compliments: I think its the best frag I've ever worn to college. Partly because its safe and doesn't project too much. It also gives off a vibe of smelling better than the average but not too much. I've worn some niche frags like Tom Ford/Creed and I think they're TOO good for a class setting, like wearing a tuxedo for a 10am class. I've literally never received a bad remark about it. Compliments from younger females (18-22) have kept rolling in since 09.

Projection: within an arm's length
Longevity: 5-6 hours
Use about 5-6 sprays.

My most complimented and my signature scent.

kambelz
kambelz

Just not a fan. I own it in my collection, but have used barely a dent in my big ol 3.4oz bottle. I liked it when I was testing it out, but now it just smells like a semi feminine bad herbal and pungent ginger. It has a sharp harshness to it that gives me a headache. La nuit and the parfum of La nuit are both great. I have also liked what I have smelled from L'homme Libre. This just isn't for me. If anyone is interested in buying a mostly un-used bottle let me know.

ijoezel
ijoezel

"nice" maybe is the perfect word for this..decent longevity and projection.versatile, for any season and any simple or special occasion and i could say it can be worn by absolutely anyone, scent is very attractive and clean..ok.ok.so maybe "astronomically nice" =)

sadc0118
sadc0118

I love this fragrance and it lasts on me all day. BUT its projection is not good. I get compliments on the smell, but only when someone is hugging me or within 2 feet.

fresher81
fresher81

hmmm, this a bore...

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

Looks like it is build around some synthetic that smells like apple or pear. Anyhow, even the smoother facets of this fragrance are too common and boring. Overall the composition is quite flat, and doesn't shine elegance. Even as a toilet spray it doesn't shine.

adamkay17
adamkay17

I thought this smelt brilliant, only problem is the longevity and the projection. I think a parfum version would easily sort out that problem. Besides from that, it's slightly feminine/soft but an overall good fragrance.

lennard.groenendijk
lennard.groenendijk

Can we please get Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Le Parfum, this is such a nice, warm, deep, active, sensual, modern fragrance. Only it doesn't last a long time, so hereby: Please make a le parfum version. Thanks in advance!

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

Feels like its an unfinished La Nuit De l'homme without longevity and projection. I really like this, but dont see myself buying it... Feels like a fall fragrance to me, dont think i would enjoy it any other season. Some spice, a little clean, and somewhat floral. If there is some wood and citrus in there i guess I'll have to take your word on it...
Would happily receive it as a gift maybe...

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Opening reconciled to a remarkable fresh ginger, this phase lasts minutes and heart warms with some spice.
This phase apears a touch of pepper, one realizes that a violet is a touch of powdery lightweight, somewhat well prepared.
Background with a touch sweet and density by woods and tonka, for all occasions.

pronose
pronose

another casual cologne!!!! it just smell like my lemmon air wick! ysl if he was alive would not sign this rubbish!!!!!!

thatguyjoe27
thatguyjoe27

I've heard that Cereus no 7 is basically L'homme but not as sweet.I really like L'homme but have yet to smell Cereus&in the next 2-3 weeks I looking to buy 1 of these 2(only if its like L'homme)I can get Cereus for about $15 cheaper so for some one(or many people) who have smelled this which is a better buy?

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

A lady at my mall offered me a sample of this (considering I was more interested in the woman's fragrances) and said that it was a sweet men's fragrance. I tried it and thought "meh, it's ok" she gave me the sample vial to take home along with a bunch of Chanel samples. Well, since it's the only guy cologne from the samples and I was getting bored with my other male fragrances, I figured I would wear this one day before going to the gym. Instantly, I starting falling in love with this cologne. It smelt nice and sweet on me and lasted all the way to the gym and afterward. It's a masculine sweet like no other. The dry down is very fresh but a sweet manly fresh, nothing like Old Spice or other men's fresh type fragrances. It's masculine, sweet, fresh, with a touch of class. Definitely considering buying the big bottle.

raw umber
raw umber

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent is a warm, light, slightly fruity and spicy fragrance. It has a uniform color and temperature, instead of showing off each of its individual notes. It is slightly reminiscent of Om from the Gap.

L'Homme plays nice. It's spice without leather, tobacco, booze or smoke. It's clean and contemporary. After the first fifteen minutes, I detect a powdery warmth, like a slightly fruity musk. Projection and longevity are low, which I actually don't mind in this instance.

L'Homme is walking along a manicured tree-lined path on the campus of a prestigious University. It's humid but it's not going to rain. It's old growth trees without being anywhere near a forest. It's early Spring in the South. L'Homme is the embodiment of gentle, soft-spoken masculinity. It's a corduroy jacket and arms full of books.

It is inviting in a casual way, which could turn more sensual at any moment, but doesn't push the wearer in either direction. It isn't pushy. It accepts you as you are. Maybe along with the books, L'Homme is also holding an apple.
I'd bite it.

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

Guys La nuit de l'homme is kind of the Intense Version of that and for me l'homme is more a summer scent due to is short longevity and projection

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Boredom. It smelled generically spicy for about an hour and then almost totally disappeared on me, leaving only a scent molecule or two.

This is like one of those timid little personalities who enter into your life for a moment, make no impression at all, and then leave to be quickly forgotten.

It does achieve something, however: my MAWBW (Might As Well Be Water) Designation.

marky.montilla
marky.montilla

c'mon YSL, wer still waiting for the "intense", "extreme" or whatever you wna call it, version of this frag...

Pelander
Pelander

Love this scent, great smell....but it lacks in longevity.

icesoulja555
icesoulja555

Don't even know if it's worth the time to review this juice since there are so many reviews out there already. But here goes...

This is a very safe scent for the office. It is a more mature scent and you won't find many guys under 25 wearing this one which is a plus. The downside is so many guys over 25 are wearing this now. It doesn't offer a unique scent but it is pleasant and I enjoy wearing it more than most of my others. This is a work scent and doesn't get much use during the weekend or a night out. Can be worn nearly year-round with the exception of very warm Summer days. I had to own a bottle but don't know that I will purchase more of this when it runs out. There are equally of good scents for cheaper and better ones for the same price.

For the price I think there are more unique scents out there, but if you want a safe, warm, pleasant juice pick up a bottle of this and you can't go wrong.

omarilm1
omarilm1

Smells great in bottle ill try it out tomorrow

torres71

Great for a date.
Great for the summer.
Or spring, perhaps late.

Great in the autumn,
Before leaves do their dance.
Great for the men,
To get in girls' pants.

Unbridled its charm,
Fresh spice; citrusy.
Spray on L'Homme.
All despair, it will flee.

p...
p...

I am big ysl fan ... I really wanted to like this fragrance but it smelled like a designer imposter of another fragrance. it is a nice scent but no staying power. im gonna give it another chance... heres hoping i find something something unique about it

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

L'homme line from yves saint laurent is just too good to be true... I tried la nuit de l'homme and bought it... Now, I tried this one, and unlike the other one, I instantly loved it and now I want this one too... Yves saint laurent is driving me broke!

It is surely sweet but not overly sweet! It is sour, citrussy, spicy,... Have just enough ingredients for everyone to like! 10/10!

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

Had high hopes for this one. Does not seem to last very long on skin. 3 sprays is not quite enough. I do 6-7, its only then do I still smell it on me 6 hours later. Its like a interesting book but without a middle and a end.

bcire3k
bcire3k

Smells beautiful. Most feminine scent I've had the pleasure of smelling. The only problem is it doesn't have the best sillage or longevity. On my oily skin, maybe half a day. However, I have sweet skin so it smells sweeter than it actually is. Still pretty sweet though.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

I absolutely love this fragrance. I have four of the flankers. La Nuit EDT, La Nuit Le Parfum, L'Homme Libre and the L’Homme Cologne Gingembre. I would say that L'Homme is at the top, followed by La Nuit EDT, just ahead of the Le parfum, then L'Homme Libre and a long way back would be L’Homme Cologne Gingembre. The fresh ginger mixed with lemon and the spice of L'Homme, it is such a fresh and clean scent. Has good longevity and sillage, so I would certainly recommend L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent for any age, in Spring or Summer, 9/10.

negativemojo
negativemojo

awesome juice!! possibly one of my top ten. i get a compliment every time. this is deffinitley something every guy should. 10/10

skysongz
skysongz

I'm a woman and I love this stuff (it actually smells good on my boyfriend but better on me imho). The top notes are somewhat generic 'masculine' fresh, which I happen to love - the bergamot is crisp with lots of woodsy cedar and vetiver and just a touch of spice. Very sexy but probably a tad too 'manly' for me to want to wear all day...

...but the drydown! It is a lovely gently sweet and lightly spiced skin scent that just feels great to wear. None of the overdose sugar that appears in so many women's perfumes. I think it's the use of tonka rather than something like vanilla that gives it such a rounded warm sweetness without becoming cloying. Nothing particularly masculine or feminine at this point, it just smells gooooood!

Ladies, don't shy away because it happens to be called l'homme! and I think I'd be happy if every guy smelled like this ;)

RUDOLFO512

I love wearing L'Homme by YSL. It smells so classy and clean. I apply it in the morning and still smell it at night. One of my favorite fragrances.

sarifuchs
sarifuchs

safe fragrance. every buddy will like it every one will say you smell good it's really fresh and classy. highly recommended.

RickS1169
RickS1169

Such a wonderful smell. Sophisticated. Projection is low and longevity is average. Non offensive. I see this as a go to in the spring or summer. Not heavy enough to contend in the winter. Use it's darker brother then

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

This one I finished back in the Fall time of 2012 ( I will definitely buy it again )

This scent is straight up class on the borderline of sexy without overdoing it.

It's light but up your nose and you want it to stay there.

Kudos to RGR for that story book story of this scent, I felt weird after reading it o.O

lol

RGR
RGR

I met a french man once. His chiseled physique made it seem like he had just walked out of a magazine. He drank expensive champagne, he spoke 5 languages, wore tailored suits and wore L'Homme.

He had traveled and known many places and I am sure he had women swooning at every place he went to say the least. I met him and met the highest of first impressions. I was perhaps of interest to him, then loathed each other, then we were acquainted and then he disappeared into the sunset. I will forever think of his remarkable masculinity when I sense YSL L'Homme.

L'Homme is fresh and crisp citrus at the start which turns to ginger. The start awakens the wearer. It increases intensity as time travels and becomes a somewhat spicy, violet infused aromatic blend. It dries down to a wooden scented tonka, vetiver, sweetened complexity. I love the mix of masculinity and sophistication in this cologne. It is fresh, sexy, modern and a very chic french scent.
Worn with the right charisma and charm this cologne is able to disarm doubtful ladies. =)

Nicely

Sexy,Smooth, Versataile... Good stuff.
This is like the less sexy brother of La nuit. La nuit is more for the deeper nights, sexy time's this is an smooth/cinger. Fragrance, not beast mode on longevity and projection. Finish last week 100 ml's of this.

Scent: 7.5.
Longevity: 7.5.
Projection: 7.5.

benpitt
benpitt

I can't say I agree with everyone saying it's "safe", and an "everday office scent". To me, it's sweet and creamy, perfect for a date on a warmer night. I find it a little too alluring for the office, and while it has a pleasing scent, it's more sensual than safe.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

This morning I was organizing my fragrance collection with the purpose of pulling out those that I need to begin wearing more often. Hey, I've invested a lot of my money for these fragrances so I better use them. Anyway, L'Homme YSL is my second bottle and a safe buy just to have in the bin for whenever. Truthfully, I had become bored with L'Homme in favor of my newer items. I couldn't quite remember how this juice smelled and sprayed my arm. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I have fallen in love with it, again. This will be my signature fragrance for this entire week. Mildly spicy, sweet and citrusy makes for a very smooth fragrance for my nose/taste.

L'Homme YSL is an all around, everyday and all ages fragrance. If you were like me, give it another try. You may have been having an off day when you tried it or had gotten bored with it.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Great everyday scent. A bit generic though. Good compliment getter. Longevity is below average. Sillage is fine. Could be unisex.

naelk
naelk

This is an excellent fragrance, i just bought it and i think its better and lighter than La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men.

Scent 9/10
Projection 7/10
Longevity 6/10
Uniqueness 7/10
Versatility 9/10
Overall 8/10

SwagScent
SwagScent

For a safe fragrance, this is quite sexy and complex.

fuggerone
fuggerone

like it but maybe too creamy!
low sillage and duration

Bruno2theV

Definetly on my wish list for Spring perfumes. I actually think that this one smells a little bit like white chocolate. May be my brain play tricks. Anyway great perfume 8.5/10 :)

Canda12406
Canda12406

Oh my god. I want this so bad. YSL is a great designer brand which has a wide variety of wonderful colognes. L homme is my favorite of any of their products hands down. I first tried this at sephora and got a sample the same day. I sprayed this at 11 and it lasted the whole day. The projection is low to moderate but longevity is priceless. It opens with a ginger scent on the top. The middle and dry down is where this cologne truly just makes me smile with every sniff. The ginger is still faintly there but the vanilla comes out just enough to make my girl love this. I think this is my favorite pleasing scent and can't wait to get a full bottle. Definitely to be used for whenever but IMO, nothing beats this when your in the sheets or eating in a 5 star hotel. Planning on getting it for about $50 to 60 for 3.3. A must have for any male wanting to impress girls and to keep them hooked.

djinndc
djinndc

A marvelous fresh citrusy spicy scent from the opening spray. The ginger and bergamot notes are extremely excellent here, and all the spices come through pleasantly.

The drydown does become slight creamy and woody, but the overall scent itself is superior.

The longevity of this fragrance is around 4-5 hours for me.
I just spray a bit on my clothes and hair.
Albeit the scent's endurance may be not long for some, the notes combined really make it stellar! I love this exceptionally versatile fragrance.

Rating: 9.5/10

alepoz84
alepoz84

un profumo buono ma dozzinale

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

It is a nice, crisp scent but I am one of the rare people who smells basil amongst the notes.
Not a huge fan of basil.
Still, the top notes balance everything out quite well. Good quality.

burgundyaltima

UPDATE: UNISEX FRAGRANCE! Not a fan of this anymore..i love the top notes but the dry down is too powdery for my liking..

bluebluefrog
bluebluefrog

This is a really beautiful scent. I love it on a man.. But- I've bought a bottle if it for myself. It actually smelled quite nice on me!! I had compliments from men and women, too bad my ex took my bottle!! I would say that it is soft enough to wear everyday, it is very alluring, and spicy, woody.. Just delicious and makes me want to smell it all day!

cjd1986
cjd1986

A masterpiece, in my estimation. This scent is simply beautiful, for lack of a better word. It strikes a wonderful balance between masculine and feminine, and I think it could be unisex. So fresh and clean, very light and summery. This one also stays with me for a while, and I've received many compliments on it while wearing it. Very versatile and could certainly be one's signature if he wished it to be. This is definitely among my favorites of all time.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I had never tried this one until recently. I was at Macy's and sprayed some on - it was love at first whiff! It is heady, classy, and oh-so-sexy. Gotta get this one ASAP.

sharkface
sharkface

If I am going to smell like something made with a chemistry set, this is probably it. There's nothing natural in this fragrance. The notes are crystal clear like they came out of a dishwasher detergent and they slowly fade in a mush from a sales-pitch top to long-lasting middle to a hardly discernible base with no clear transitions. It's not art and it not masterfully crafted. It's like pop music, produced for the masses.

If fragrance had an auto-tune, it would make something like this. (Or most other mass produced fragrances). Similar to auto-tuned music, its best taken in in moderation. Once in a while though, something comes along that's a guilty pleasure. I usually wear more niche fragrances and listen to more pretentious stuff, but YSL's L'Homme is my 808's and Heartbreak.

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

I love this fragrance. It's a male cologne that smells almost like a perfume. It's the perfect balance between masculinity and femininity. It's very day brightening and it lifts a mood when smelt. It's very classy and it smells expensive. However, I am not the biggest fan of the bottle, the lid is not at all proportioned to the size of the bottle. But I suppose the most important part is the scent. It is long lasting and projects well, worth a look.

mrfume
mrfume

Now here is a ginger that really works for me ,Manly floral woody is what id call this dude , hes nice very nice, smooth and comforting gets a lil spicy on the middle end and it maintains its sweetness almost throughout,all in all this is a very well blended fragrance and i smell it as a whole, this could be a lil more potent though as the lasting power is not much, projection is fairly decent i apply heavy sprays with this EDT,i get 4 to 6 hours tops well i think 6 maybe too much:P.safe buy and if you like your perfumes subtle this one is for you.

5.5* / 10*

markart123
markart123

This fragrance is impossible to overspray. It's very light and fresh with little longevity and projection. The smell is fantastic. It is a floral spice that comes across very sweet from the opening to the dry down. It's classy. Too bad it doesn't project. Regardless, I love it for casual use. I am certain it will not offend anyone.

gill007
gill007

such a great cologne. to me it's settle down is kinda floral (in yummy way) and spicy. i feel like i want to smell it again n again n again..!!!!!! its nat heavy, and does last quite long on my skin..! i could smell on my shirt and arm aftr 10 hrs shift at work !!!!!!. Another masterpiece frm YSL.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

Such an amazing fragance! unfortunately it doesnt last long and its so expensive! whats up with that. :/

sonysava32000
sonysava32000

Yves Saint Laurent L'homme is just a straight classy scent. There is one word that gets thrown out there a lot in all reviews and that's the word "elegant". Everybody is right in fact, I've never really smelt a cologne that defines the meaning of a word quit like L'homme.

2005-2008 Is really the era I believe defined the 2000's, and for reason, this was in that era lol. I first smelt this in 2007 and was impressed from the first smell. Wear it on the skin, and you get a long lasting true classy scent that is inviting and never off putting. From start to finish this frag is pleasant, elegant and classy. Though this dose not mean it's linear, in fact it transforms quite some, but never moving away from it's classy, elegant feel. Scents rarely ever do this. I've had so many great fragrances that start out amazing and fall flat on there faces and make you look stupid. I've had fragrances I couldn't stand until that horrible mint died off. For those who know me would no the fragrance I was talking about is La Mal, such a great vanilla under that horrible mint.

In conclusion, this is a great scent. I've even had it as my signature for a while. In fact I would say I like it over it's flanker. This would be a great job interview scent.

Scent 10/10
Projection 7/10
Longevity 7/10
Uniqueness 6/10
Versatility 10/10

Overall 40/50

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

LIke Mike213 said: Champagne! Frisant,clean and sweet fragance. Ginger and lemon of the top sprinkles on my nose, yeah, ginger spiceness note, and I love it! The dry is finesse, sweet, reminds me surgar and spice and get warm! The violet leaf is there beutifully.

LongIslandLPN
LongIslandLPN

Truly a brilliant masterpiece in the world of men's fragrences. It is super mega chic, elegent, soapy, clean, and fresh. I love the light feeling. Everytime I spray this theres a huge smile on my face. Many of the men's cologne outthere are strong, spicy, musky, and just plain old. I am none of that, I am young, fresh, clean, polished, and this cologne expresses that. This is my faviorite of the line, I do not in any way shape or form like any of the other ones. I wish it was not so popular and was more of a "secret" but its too good to be that. I get compliments from complete strangers wherever I go with this on.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I LOVED this scent when I smelled it at Macy's yesterday. This smells like a drink that I can't put my finger on...maybe tea? But its very soft yet manly. I like this a lot. I just wish it wasn't as expensive.

Mike213
Mike213

Words that come to mind when i Smell this are Elegance, Champagne, Soft spoken, and to some extent Apples, haha seriously though. To be quite honest if i would've smelled this say 12 years ago even though it came out in 2006 i would think it was geared toward young business women in their early twenties lol. All jokes aside i do think women could pull this off easily(Not for insecure men imo).

So this fragrance is pretty good i enjoy wearing it on formal occasions during the day that's where it shines! Straight off the bat you get this blast of citrus and ginger with some spices in the background. This is where i get the Champagne vibe evoking the thoughts of Elegance hah. In the Heart the violet leaves are predominant making it sweet but the spices and ginger balance it out. In the base i still get hints of violet leaves, but i mostly get tonka bean and vetiver.

Overall a nice Fresh, Light(Almost transparent),Floral sweet, Elegant fragrance

cjgoehner

This scent is like crack. The top notes are some of the most inviting and mysterious I've ever smelled. The moment I smelled it I knew I had to have it. It dries down extremely easily and lasts for a long time. My wife thinks it's to die for, on me.

Soft, lightly sweet and all-around nice fragrance. The tonka bean base note compliments the rest of the fragrances. Ginger is predominant with a hint of pepper and lemon. It stays around forever when applied liberally. Good for anytime but especially for formal gatherings in the spring season I'd think.

I totally recommend trying this! You might find a new addiction. I haven't felt this way about a cologne before.

The funny thing is I was almost going to return it due to what seemed to be poor longevity in the beginning. Then I learned the real strength of this scent is that it is very subtle, not overpowering. I like the fact you can spray 7 or 8 times and you won't leave a toxic trail. Using unscented lotion prolongs the scent by a few hours, and during summer weather the scent comes alive just when you think it is dead. This is not a fragrance for trying to pick up women, it's fragrance to feel like a confident man.

Seems to be very popular but I haven't smelled it on other people, and that's a great thing.

mrsliwang
mrsliwang

For women also! Crisp scent good for hot summer days. Strong enough to last all day

sameh
sameh

Nice , Fresh , Clean scent & very attractive bottle but the thing is that i know that i had smelled it before & it was not YSL , long time ago , but i just can't remember the name !

j-shades

This does not smell anything like unbreakable at all

Nicely

This is another of the nice sweet boys, this thing is like the fresher brother of la nuit d l'Homme, if you like la nuit you like this la nuit is darker stronger and sexier but this stuff is amazing.

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Have great memories from this perfume!
Typically "lady killer" scent!
Girls love this apple stuffs!!! great for fall too!

j-shades

This is my favorite sent... this smells kinda like michael jordan flight.. but not as sweet smelling as ysl..another cologne that is some what the same is Inner Realm for men... hope this helps

alessio l
alessio l

a girl that i met in a vacation this summer loved this fragrance..Trust me.

bay224
bay224

It seems most women on here love it, but in my world they don't. They think it's to sweet. They say it smells like an old man. Just about all colognes rated high on here that i wear, the women like it, but not this one. I didn't ask for comments. I simply sprayed this 2 times and they caught whiffs of it. They told me not to wear this again. I won't be wearing this one again. Women prefer fresh clean scents over this by a mile. This is not a universal scent that will appeal to the majority, a lot of women will dislike this. It really depends on the woman, just so you will know. I regret buying this, it's going on ebay.

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

As a female I love love love this fragrace it so beautiful. Very fresh warm expensive smell and slightly floral.

burgundyaltima

Received quite a few GOOD compliments from L'homme.. definetely a crowd pleaser..HOWEVER..my most recent comment was not how good i smelled but how much i smelled like baby powder!!..-__- .anyone else get a baby powder vibe in the dry down?

Molko

I have the EDT version and stays on my skin for 12hours+...

drewdet
drewdet

I just tried it and was curious how it would smell on me... smells nice the dry down is spicy and floral. I would say the lasting power is weak around 3-4 hrs probably because I'm using the Eau de toilette version. Women can actually wear this :)

Molko

Very strong and harsh scent, I feel a lot of spicy, sometimes it makes me headache, but a great, unique and long lasting fragrance:) it's not too common in my country fortunately. I recommend using at night (you can feel more stronger) and in colder weather
This was my first YSL fragrance, I like it, but Nuit frozen cologne is my absolute winner:)
update: Mine is strong and projects very well but made in 2007, reformulation maybe has low sillage and lasting...

perfumeaddict22
perfumeaddict22

this fragrance smells gorgeous so sexy so masculine
it smells heavenly in the bottle but once you spray it on your skin you can barley notice it untill the dry down the dry down smells like vanilla its so warm and beautiful but the bad thing about this fragrance is you cant smell it at all you have to press your nose to your arm just to smell it no matter how many times you spray your self with this you will not smell anything
if your looking for a power house this aint it

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

i am a big big big fun of it. very nice juice. I love the flacon too. thanks for keeping using metal cap in such a plastic world!!!

camposg
camposg

Does this remind anybody of dolce gabbana pour homme? Or am i the only one?

KeithScar
KeithScar

YSL l'homme is a very distinguished smell, i wear this when i dress up, sport coat, button up, loafers, etc. Nice pleasant smell with a sweet honey feel to it

Phillip213
Phillip213

vxgasis is right that it does not stick very long but it sure is a winner with the ladies that is for sure!

vxgas
vxgas

Kinda on the feminine side. For those who love Dior Homme should like YSL L'Homme. It doesnt stick too long on the skin though.

kernwen
kernwen

beauty , elegant , sophisticated and does it job with the ladies . This is scent is Godsent ;)

dromidreza
dromidreza

ماندگاری روی پوست من خیلی کم و پخش بو هم متوسط ولی خیلی بوی گرم و نازی داره.عالی

Migalex
Migalex

I do not understand why this is classified here as woody floral musky. I think it is rather a woody spicy fragrance. The spices are sharpened by the lemon and softened by the other notes, but still distinctly there, although this fragrance is anything but strong. I do not see anything special about it.

kostas37
kostas37

elegance in a bottle!

SmokinYodas
SmokinYodas

Probably the first perfume that I've had to wash off because it was too sweet. It was like being hit in the head by a thousand fruit baskets! I can see some women liking the ginger, but this is not what I'd call a masculine smell.

Nostrille
Nostrille

NO LONGEVITY! Short projection, nice citrus spice. 3 hours and you are done. Nice, forgettable, clean.

yella_light
yella_light

A great fragrance from YSL.
I can see Gen Y wearing this and loving every moment of it. It's freshness would be great for Fall, Spring, and Summer. It can be worn during those business meetings/settings.
Very well made here.
The fresh spicy notes are very noticable here. Because I love spicy, it fits well for me...
(3-4 sprays max)

Age group: 18+
Projection: 3.5 stars
Longevity: 3.5 stars
Versatility: 4.5 stars
Smell: 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 stars

Scentrist
Scentrist

L'Homme is really an enigmatic scent. It's inoffensive, but that's about the most positive thing I can honestly say about it. It's severely lacking in soul and creativity, and it has such a light temperament that an hour after spraying I wondered to myself, "where'd it go?" It's far too light, sheer and barely makes any impression at all.

I'm constantly amazed at the positive reviews this gets given its overall mediocrity. This is so watery, so minimalist, and very disappointing. Where I expected the spices, pepper and woods to provide accents to the fragrance, they simply don't emerge once the citrus and ginger top notes disappear. Thirty minutes later, and you've reached the base and it seems like you've skipped down to the punchline of the joke without hearing how you got there. Slightly creamy wood with a very non descript feel to it is that punchline.

I was hoping this would make a statement, and instead it's so shy and retiring that the statement it does make is one that lacks style and substance. It's just inoffensive, but it offered nothing more.

deki
deki

great great great

ganabalong
ganabalong

...it´s a wonderful fragance, very masculine without be intrusive, nice for work, i think can be used in any season...

ChristianSetian13
ChristianSetian13

This fragrance is very weird,sometimes when i wear it i love it,sometimes i like it and sometimes i cant stand it.I don't know why this is happening !!!

michael5853
michael5853

A versatile fragrance that works any time of day, any occassion. This cologne will draw the ladies in close and keep them coming back. Despite some reviews this will last 12+ hours on my shirt collar. Love this stuff!

stayclose
stayclose

Glamorous socialite, cheerful and energrtic. He is always on the move so get his atention while you can.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Cloying, and headache-inducing. I sprayed this and it's counterpart, La Nuit on each one of my wrists at Macy's and while I was at first impressed, by the time I arrived home, it was so overpowering and sickly sweet, I couldn't wait to wash them off. Horrible stuff. Even my classy mother was grossed out. Seriously, this is an elderly woman's dream come true!! I'd be careful visiting your grandmother in the nursing home with either this one or La Nuit on, guys! Unless, of course, that's your thing... and if it is, more power to you.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

What an elegant scent!

Yeah..elegant scent.
Do you want to know how a scent could be called "elegant"?!.. Smell YSL L'Homme!

Ginger & bergamot is such brilliant combination!

It settles to..hmmm...a smooth..sweet..creamy scent!

I do not recall I smelled any other perfume similar to this one.

It's great for a day-to-day use..but save it for a special day! ;)

ostpizzan
ostpizzan

Very versatile frag, it works at any occation anytime of the year. It's well balanced not to sweet, ingridients seems to be hig quality, wish longelivity was a tad better though.

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Es mi perfume de todos los días.
Un acierto que esté disponible el formato de 200 ml.

Para cualquier momento.

Olor limpio y suave, nada pesado.
Sobre la piel queda mejor que sobre la ropa, puede que sea un parecer mío, pero al menos, eso pienso.

La duración pudiese ser mejor.

Cierta similitud con Eternity de CK, aunque son diferentes.

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

slightly flowery & quite lemonish
fit spring and summer with elegance

krmarich
krmarich

Between Tom Ford and L'Oreal Paris command of YSL was an interim management and they offered L'homme and Elle. Both were strong efforts and were the coda for the house's very founder, who would soon pass into the history books of fashion.

L'Homme as a fragrance worked backward for my nose. I loved the opening. The heart left me disliking violets. Mixed with the white pepper, it became cloying. The ginger was too soon from Opium. It acted more like an oriental if anything and I was using and abusing Opium at the time. It is the classic case of too many noses spoiling the perfume. The base had a metallic clash of symbols that kept echoing the ginger.

It was aimed at a youthful market. At $65 USD, you needed to be successful rather young. The ideal age was 25-35. I was growing tired of YSL and its confusing mens line. I generously gave my cumbersome bottle away to a young Fragrantican in 2009. There has been a deluge of flankers and I understand this original is not longer produced by L'Oreal Paris. I cannot say I will miss it.

missan

I consider this to be sort of a mid part cologne, the base is not good and strong enough. Not lasting enough. It could have been so much better with little effort it seems.

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

I have this perfume, it is good and even romantic, in my skin has good fixing. I recommend it

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I prefer this over la nuit. La nuit is nice but this scent overall is really good. Agree longevity is not too good but the scent alone is better.

gogogogo123
gogogogo123

this is EXTREMELY feminine. this to me is a womens fragrance with L'homme put on the bottle. i asked my friend if she thought this was a womans fragrance....and she answered " OF COURSE". longevity sucks and projection is average. fruity and floral.

dmoman

My second review. Great scent but doesn't last more than 5 hours if Lucky. Projects for 1 hour then gets close very quickly. Still the scent is awesome.

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

this will always be in my collection! EVERYONE likes this cologne. i have had my 2oz bottle for only a few months and its almost gone. love this stuff. a safe blind buy

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

The only must have IMHO that I am missing from my collection. My retailer only has the 2oz bottle so I am holding out for the 3.3oz bottle and it is killing me. I've been checking almost daily and that 2oz bottle gets a little better looking everyday lol, but I shall endure.

You just can't go wrong with this one.

abcleo63
abcleo63

This is a wonderful scent. It can be used year round, day or night, any occasion. I love the ginger. On a test strip, I thought it was too floral. On my skin, it is awesome with a sweet smelling drydown. I love sniffing myself

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

If you are looking for a signature scent..give this a sniff.

This is a spicy woody fragrance with very nice citrus undertones, and a soft sweetness that is extremely clean.

Such a complex fragrance with a myriad of notes yet somehow has a simplistic cleanliness to it.
Very sharp fragrance.

I love the ginger in this...it really gives the opening an extra sparkle along with the spices.

What does this smell like? hmm..might sound weird, but I get a very spicy apple (though apple is not a note in this)..I think the bergamot/lime/ginger combination gives me this spicy candied apple vibe. I love it!!

One of my favorite fragrances.

I remember when I began work at a hospital I had a very small bottle of this. I was staying in an extended stay room and it was slightly musty..so I sprayed down my closet with L'homme because I had no air freshener. When I would walk back into the room, the sillage was this classy spicy sweet citrus that had a very mysterious quality to it. Loved it!

PERFECT for a signature scent!
I prefer this to La Nuit, though both are different animals with a few common vertebra shared from the DNA.

Longevity...goddamn longevity...this is where La Nuit does very well, and L'homme fails...3 hours and this shit is gone from my skin! Probably just me, but the same goes for clothing! You need to spray twice or three times on the same spot for you to get more than 8 hours.

The scent is so good though, however, that I am still giving this an 8/10.

del
del

This sweet fragrance radiates a familiar fresh opening scent that can easily turn heads. It has a smooth and spicy middle, and the tonka bean dominates the drydown, quite similar to Chanel Allure Pour Homme. Clean, soft, and non-obstrusive, L'Homme can easily be worn in any setting without being self-conscious.

A perfume perfect for spring, early fall, or even summer nights, L'Homme in my opinion is too light to be worn under strong heat and will probably evaporate quickly. A heavy dose during the day is a must to make it stick to skin; it seems to get a stronger grip when reapplied, so spray as needed. L'Homme's projection is decent, but it gets shy after a couple of hours or so.

I like the scent, so does my wife; but due to longevity issue on my skin, I am giving L'Homme a weak thumbs-up that is *very* close to neutral.

qwerty82

I decided to return to this scent and I'm now on my second bottle. Such an easy to wear, classy scent. It changes beautifully throughout the day and that's the great thing about this scent. It is perfect for the office. I am enjoying and appreciating it more the second time around.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

This is a clean, fresh scent that is great if you want to smell like everyone else. There is a hint of something that smells like pee. Maybe the synthetic vetiver? You can find scent like this in a thousand other bottles for less money.

dmoman

Tried this, and liked it alot. If you are using Yves Nuit de la homme for a winter signature scent then you could use this as a summer signature scent. this could be your day time scent and Yves Nuit de la homme could be your night time scent as well.Great scent, 8.5 out of ten for me. Goes good with each other.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

This fragrance open very similar a Givenchy Pi neo Tropical Paradise, i have boths in my hand. but l'homme a bit spicy. Dry down L'homme more sweet and Pi neo Tropical more fresh.

zippy
zippy

I get lots of compliments on this but I find it way too sweet. Last all day on me and can even smell a hit of it the next day. Women love it.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

Masculine, clean, fresh and spicy. Smells high quality, not synthetic at all.
Many people compare this to 1 million but I don't get that, it lacks the sweetness of 1 million and it's much more masculine.
This is superb for casual everyday use or as a signature scent. Projection and overall scent is great but unfortunately longevity is below average, I get 4 or 5 hours.
I get lots of compliments on this, girls seem to love it.
Sillage: 8/10

DominicMC
DominicMC

God Dammit lol.
I hate when this happens haha

Ok to add to my earlier post. I'll admit it, I was looking for La Nuite del L'Homme by YSL.. And they didn't have it so i got this...(It was a blind buy)

At first when i first sprayed it, it smelled like 1 Million, It wasn't till i actually compared the two and noticed that this was a lot less sweeter and the dry down was different. but through the last 24 hours I've been testing it out during the day and notice they are indeed similar but only for the first few minutes until L'Homme changes to a sweet powdery smell Like that make-up smell people have been saying and 1 million is almost the same smell through out.

My rating now? 8.5-9/10
- save it for a special occasion though ;)

zazalover
zazalover

masterpiece easily gets addicted to.
luxurious 10/10

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I liked this cologne. The only thing that i didnt like about is that its hard to really say what it actually smells LIKE. I can say i like it... it smells nice...but i cant destinguish particular things about it. I do like it but cant say i love it

cjgoehner

Not even nibbling Prozac from a supermodels buttocks would be more enjoyable then this marvelous scent

khurram.shaikh
khurram.shaikh

I really like this one, I see strong similarities with estee lauder intuition. Good longevity with average sillage.

yilmazg
yilmazg

YSL L'Homme is a very versatile cologne. The fresh spicy opening gets replaced by a warm spicy drydown. This is a great fragrance for 30+ men. Can be used on all seasons, for office, night out, casual etc. Some say L'Homme is creamy. I do not agree. L'homme is a little bit of everything. A bit sweet, little woody, a bit on the floral side but mostly spicy.

Similar in type to Allure homme and Burberry classic, I think L'Homme is better than these two as it has a more natural feel and it is less sweet. It is very hard to overspray L'Homme.

Sillage is moderate but longevity is amazing. 10+ hours. Overall a very good fragrance for the modern young man. 8.5/10

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

Fresh and sweet!! I absolutely love this scent! Draws lots of compliments! To me, it smells a bit like apple sauce :P
God bless!

Barolo
Barolo

This one is a puzzler on me.

The initial scent is pure bliss. I absolutely love it and find myself wanting to smell me all the time.

During the dry down, it morphs into something I don't care for at all...it really breaks down and changes smelling like baby powder under a blow torch.

Would be one of the best I've ever smelled if it stayed true to it's initial aroma, but it takes a disastrous turn for the worst that makes the ride not worth it in the first place.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

IMO - this juice is exceptional only in its impressive generic-ness. I couldn't find a single noteworthy quality in it.

clembiggum
clembiggum

It smells heavily of alcohol to me, although not sure which spirit.

babybash44

I am on the edge with this one. Something about me likes it because it's high end and recognized/famous. But it's too sweet and the notes cloy me. I prefer the night version, it's manlier in my opinion.

MUZebe
MUZebe

My favorite cologne by YSL. Most of the characteristics of this scent have been covered already by all the positive reviews but one thing i would like to add is that this scent can be defined in one word...confidence. It takes a confident man to wear something this sweet. it is also not a loud scent, "the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room."

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

I'm my opinion the best fragrance from the YSL house. I love the apple pie filling vibe I get from this fragrance. This can easily be a signature scent for any guy looking for a great,masculine,and long lasting fragrance. This fragrance works better for me in the fall/winter. Maybe in the cooler spring days. Great work YSL.

too young
too young

Yeah, I'm using it now and I have to say it's scent for serious men, it's simple and classy. It's not WOW like Chanel Allure Sport was, but it's OK, at least it's not another girlish teenage scent like many others. I use it only because I get tired of 10th bottle of super-extra-classy Allure Sport. Inspite of the fact that these scents are different, they have the same style.

But I didn't expected it to be so sweet, it's really sweet especially in middle notes, the drydown is the best part of this scent for me.

Really good in cold weather in winter. It's just a little bit too sweet and a little bit weak for summer hot days because if you sweat a lot it disappears really quickly.

qwerty82

If you're looking for an everyday scent with style, class and great longevity, then YSL L'Homme is recommended. I had this for about 2 years and I got so many comments from the ladies about it. Such a smooth and easy to wear scent. So smooth and classy it will not offend yet it still has decent projection. Lasted all day on me. Suitable for any climate and office wear or night time wear.

bp
bp

A little harmless, but it smells very nice.
I like but not love.

juan carlos.henriquez

quiero tener 1000 ml de l homme.

juan carlos.henriquez

este es el mejor aroma q he olido en mi vida, hace un tiempo mis aromas predilectos eran 212 y euforia, pero al conoser l, homme todo cambio, aun no encuentro un aroma q lo supere, realmente otra dimencion en colonias.

ikipi
ikipi

Despite its good aroma, is a simple frangancia. So simple that gets to be a bit boring.
The upside is that its simplicity makes it easily recognizable, adaptable to any person, and therefore very popular. In short, a very marketable product.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

actually I think this is better than perplexingly plain yet popular Allure Homme but it's still too synthetic, and ultimately a poor version of Boss Bottled.

The top is pleasant and refreshing enough, like some apples with spice and hint of powder. But the violet leaf annoys and the ginger seems to be everywhere nowadays, it's all getting really boring. This sort of thing is so common now, even the bargain deals need a further price cut review. Wouldn't even pay £10 for a bottle of this.

With CKlein having been and done Mass Market town about 3 million times, why do other designers all jump on board the same boat, only with snobbier price tags?

There is so much bad in the industry now, one wonders if it's becoming an Official crime?

Big rant essay, look what they made me do.

Heverton
Heverton

L'homme have a citric opening with bergamot being accompanied by a dominant ginger note. A really good combination which may seems to be ordinary but it is not.

I agree with Mr. ClickClick. The drydown leaves us with a sweet creamy aspect wheres tonka bean does such an incredible job giving a smooth, creamy and rich aroma to this particular fragrance. Anyway, a very good, safe, versatile and pleasant fragrance that is an incredible alternative for the common citric/aquatic fragrances for the summer.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

If I only had a man...I would hope he'd smell just like this. This isn't your bad boy, or park ranger, your prepster,or your policeman, or your firefighter, your family man or your dentist, your gangsta, or your beach boy, etc...this is your everyday good man, who leaves them all in the dust. He is comfortable in his own skin, he does not mind putting an effort for you, tries to look clean and put together. Fresh from the shower. Some after shave. A crisp, black shirt, some black pants...sneaks, boots, whatever. He might have a watch on. He has nothing to hide, nothing to prove, doesn't have to act confident and playful to show he is...he is offering himself to the world just as he is. And this is why this is my favorite Men's perfume. This is so fresh and elegant and versatile. Cool, sleek and warm.The guy who wears this is up for anything and ready for anything. Hanging out with his friends. Ready to go skydiving with me and ready to tumble for a few hours. The man exudes unstudied class. And I'd never get tired of him...

Some men would be put off by the sweetness. I happen to like this sweet essence of it, it shows your are HUMAN. The world cannot fall on your shoulders. It may feel like that often and for what I've seen from the many men in my life (friends, family, strangers), you need to relax. You need to be taken care of. Sometimes, y'all need a hug. But this also shows you need to be lusted after. The ginger, spices and lemon give it a kick, reminding whoever is smelling you that while you may have your ward down a bit, your senses are always on. Aren't they always? In result, you come up as unexpected. Unexpected because you're not as abrasive as the many others that scream "LOOK AT ME, LOOK HOW MUCH NOISE I CAN MAKE!!" and come up as obnoxious. You look at her nonchalantly, you know she'll look (you sly dog...). That is refreshing and sexy to me.

aib
aib

It was LOVE at first scent!

editionblanche
editionblanche

comment parler de ça sans écrire en français?
c'est toute l'elegance française!

this smells french!
Very elegant...

cyber861
cyber861

خوش بو و ملایم و با کلاس
اغواگر خانم ها

فقط کاش یکم موندگار بود.

soleroc

After owning this for a few months and giving it a fair share of wearings, I must say that nothing has changed. I still get great longevity and decent projection. To be honest, I wouldn't want this frag to be SUPER loud. It works just right and women absolutely love it. I've noticed that women really LOVE the men's fragrances that may come off a little feminine or that have certain qualities that remind them of something about/of themselves. Like I said earlier, there is something in this frag that reminds me of hair-spray. I think this is what makes women LOVE L'Homme. Just like the "make-up" vibe from the iris is DH & DHI, or the "coconut/sun-tan lotion" feel from Fire Island that make the girls go nutts!!! This is from personal experience with random & familiar women (both in & out of my family) >_< LOL... They all say the same thing, "I don't know what it is about that cologne you have on, but it just smells so (d_mn/f_ckin') good!"
L'Homme is an excelent fragrance guys. The ginger is creamy and not sharp at all, though its warm & mild spiciness paired with the vetiver is what helps it stay grounded and masculine. This is an EXTREMEly versatile fragrance that can be worn year 'round. This is the most inoffensive fragrance available (IMO) and a perfect "Signature Scent" for anyone - anywhere. Thanks.

300yard+

My favorite out on the town or going to have a few drinks with the ladies or gonna find some honeys with the fellas type of scent...I get compliments from both ladies and men, and feel this is my signature scent for the spring/summer, but may occasionally use it in the fall.

spirit966
spirit966

A chic version of Coolwater, a more synthetic and sweeter GIT.

Some similarities with Boss Bottled, although this one is weaker but at the same time classier.

vianavila
vianavila

Ótima fragância! Possui uma saída maravilhosa de bergamota e gengibre... muito fresco! Excelente para os dias quentes. Recomendo para jovens e senhores, para o trabalho, pois não é invasivo e também para a noite. É um perfume versátil, elegante, moderno e requintado. Só não dou nota máxima porque a fixação não é tão boa quanto gostaria. Considero, no geral, a melhor fragância da YSL.

Nebraska123
Nebraska123

Women notice this scent. Lasts most of the day.

GMH
GMH

A good daytime fragrance for both fall or spring, versatile enough to be used throughout most of the year. Apart from maybe winter when I feel cold weather would kill this.Very similar in smell to Dolce & Gabanna the one, this is a masculine floral with noticable ginger notes & mild spices. On the skin when first sprayed this smells great, maybe less strong at short range than D&G the one but both have similar projection. I would say out of the two fragrances, this is slightly fruitier & has slightly better longevity. But, like D&G the one, this fragrance, at least on my skin turns to a sweet, candied almost toffee like smell but keeps some of the mild spices. I found the initial projection mild to average but after a very short while this sticks very close to the skin, which may make this a good office or close quarters fragrance. I could imagine that L'homme would appeal to a wide audience & it could be seen as a safe fragrance, or a good starter fragrance for anyone wanting to try the YSL line for the first time. I unfortunately don't find it as interesting as other YSL fragrances which have a reputation for being bold, interesting & original, in balance there is little to dislike from this fragrance. A try.

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

After I let myself get past the fact that Yves Saint Laurent is owned by L'Oreal, and gave this fragrance a chance, I have to say this is entirely enjoyable. Nirvana to my nose. It's opulent. Sensual. Pure ecstasy. Obviously I love the way it smells, but maybe it's a scent I'd like to smell on someone else more. I DO like smelling it.

That being said, it smells just like the way it's classified: Woody Floral Musk. The dry down is by far the best part of this cologne. At this point, on me atleast, it could be considered an oriental. Don't get me wrong. It's lighter than most other orientals, but it has similar qualities particularly the spicy accord. The wood and musk are toned down. Soft and light not earthy and rugged. A little sweet and powdery, but only slightly so. It doesn't scream floral, but it's not the most macho scent on the market. If you like this one, and it works for you, enjoy it. You will get asked what you're wearing, and you will get complements.

YSL L'Homme is pretty versatile. It works in Spring and Summer as the majority of reviewers have indicated, as long as you don't over indulge. I think it's even more suitable for Winter and Fall. It's a good choice for day or night, but a better choice for romantic evenings out; or for nights spent at home with that someone special. It lasts long enough on my skin to make it worth the purchase price.

The main drawback for this fragrance is the L'Homme flankers. It's a great original scent that is almost lost in all the seemingly never ending new editions of itself. In my opinion the perfumers got it right the first time. I simply can not be bothered with the flankers. I'll stick with the original thank you very much.

itoldyouthiswasgood
itoldyouthiswasgood

I currently work at a perfume store right now and I can say that this frangrance is one of the sexiest smells a man can wear. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

Roqfort

What can I say... It's my signature scent. So sensual, elegant, sexy, and subtle. I can use it on winter and summer time and everywhere. It's very verastile. Great scent I was waiting for. YSL L'Homme is not loud, but lasts over 6-8 hours on my skin. The basenotes are pure orgasm to my nose :) Looks like girl love it. Overall 5/5

La Nuit version sucks IMO. There is plenty of scents like La Nuit, and I prefer Armani Code over La Nuit.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

L'Homme missed its release date by seven years. It smells as though it should have been introduced in 1999, the same year as Allure Homme, to bring competition to Chanel. The similarities to my nose are astounding. Although L'Homme lacks the Chanel's allspice oomph, its tonka bean parity lends the same warmth and sweetness found in both scents. Unlike Allure, L'Homme is cooler, with more generous citrus and synthetic herbal components (the ginger and basil?) in its top. I'm certain that, like the labdanum in Allure, the violet leaf in L'Homme is present but dialed back. The composition is slightly sharp, a little hollow, and altogether sweet. The fragrance grows warmer and increasingly powdery with time. It is pleasant, and could be the perfect "signature scent" for the discreet male. However, for this kind of thing, I'd stick with Allure Homme.

lil_taul
lil_taul

smells good. one of the best ever but if it don't last long, to me it don't even matter and this don't matter.

soleroc

I finally bought a bottle of L'Homme last night! I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I tested it on paper and it smelled nice (not on skin because was already wearing another) knowing that my skin usually reacts slightly similar although not as dry. I liked it so much that I took another shower to wash off my previous fragrance just so that I could wear this, lol. Now, I see a few people complaining about the longevity of this fragrance and I have got to say that - I COMPLETELY disagree!! I put this on at around 10:15pm last night; it is right now 4:50pm (next day) and I can still smell it!! It is close to my skin, but I TOTALLY catch wisps of it every 5 minutes or so reminding me its still there. I only gave myself 3 sprays too (on bare chest and on wrists) and have washed my face and hands a few times since. I am sorry to those of you that claim this to not have good longevity, because you are wrong. Maybe your skin does not do this frag justice. Mine sure as hell does, and I love it! At the top of this fragrance I got kind of a weird note that I can only describe as "hair spray" smelling (naybe from spices-idk). I actually didn't mind it that much because it was accompanied by an awesome ginger and citrus. Anyways, Good stuff here! I thoroughly like it. Thanks YSL.

walkinroundtown
walkinroundtown

Really nice woodsy oriental. A close male friend of mine was wearing this and on him it smells beautiful. The dry down and his body chemisty made it smell more musky and sweet. I think I gave him a complex because I kept sniffing him. I bought the travel version of this fragrance solely because of him. I'm a woman so I knew this would smell differently on me. Depending on what I'm in the mood for, I will wear this alone (not often) or layered with a more feminine fragrance so I can get that masculine kick(more often). It's not really a unisex fragrance for me, but layered it can turn any of my more feminine fragrances into one. My biggest problem with it though is that it doesn't last long on me.

drummerdude7318
drummerdude7318

When I wore this I could not stop sniffing my wrist, and the ladies love it too.

It might be different for other people, but on my skin the spices really stand out and make it much more unique and masculine than other people make it out to be, it almost smells like apple cider, not to mention I also find it to be a very natural and EXTREMELY classy smell. Plus, it is definitely a scent you could wear year-round, but is DEFINITELY much more unique than any other summer scent out there.

I prefer this scent over the flanker La Nuit De L'homme because when I wear that scent, it smells like a fragrance of a womanizing douchebag.
The original L'homme, on the other hand, smells like a genuine nice guy that smells less like he wants sex and more like he wants to comfort her and be with her. IMO, even though la Nuit gets more compliments, the original L'homme has a much better and more attractive "vibe" going on.

Longevity on my skin is quite good, I actually get about 8-11 hours from this scent, but where it loses points for me is with projection. At the initial spray it projects very well, about 3-4 feet, but even after the first hour, it only projects about a foot off the skin, and as time goes on it gradually gets even closer to the skin, and after the 7th hour it is barely detectable but that stage can remain for as much as 4 hours longer. That is the only complaint I have about this, and I know it is different on other peoples' skin.

Try it on your skin and see if it works for you!

nem11
nem11

This one for sure would be my favourite one among the approx. 30 boxes I own, if it would last longer than 3 hours on my skin. :-(
Pro:
+ Love the smell! Perfect smell for a summer evening on my skin.
+ Girls love it on me.
Contra:
- Poor poor lasting power!!

My wish to YSL: Please make an intense version of this one with the exact same smell, but doubled longivity and I would buy 20 boxes!!

Who could recommend me a very similar scent with a better longivity? Thx!

janhvi.fairy
janhvi.fairy

I love this scent, even the bottle! I know it is for men but I would love to use it too! It's magnetic and addictive. Very classy.

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

A really nice complex scent that would be perfect for a first fragrance, because I don't think it could be offensive to anybody (there are always exceptions) even if you put on a little too much. It becomes better appreciated the more you wear it in my opinion. The Problem: It is not very strong and it doesn't last. I need to put on like 5 sprays of this juice. I think this problem could be resolved if YSL would just add more essential oil to each bottle. I really like it a lot though - it is very often my quick go-to scent if I'm in a hurry. Just remember to take a travel size with you if you want to still smell like this stuff after two hours.

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

The scent is nice, but this one doesn't last long at all. Within a few hours, there's nothing there. As a matter of fact, it would be more beneficial to put this in the refrigerator and take a swig when you are thirsty for cold water.

coolasice12
coolasice12

I like this cologne a lot + my wife. The opening is fresh not overbearing or "loud" southern term. I would wear this in a office, church, or night out on the town. However, the longevity is average at best, 3-4 for me. The dry down kind of reminds me of Unforgivable. Score: 8.5/10, would be a 9 if the longevity was better.

benja
benja

Don't like it at all,it's sweet,synthetic,unpleasant and nothing special.Sorry about that.

babybash44

At first, this well made fragrance is clean and invigorating, but it melts into a rich and mouthwatering scent later on. Citrus is gentle, and something about the fragrance reminds me of white chocolate, but not in a sweet way. This is fairly versatile, but I wouldn't recommend for extremely hot weather. Two bad things- price and packaging. It is too expensive for something so generic (it does smell very very nice though!) and if you purchase a bottle that isn't the largest 3.4 size, I think the bottle looks pathetic; short and round. Just my opinion. Try it out though, it's quite pleasant.

K1
K1

Well it's its first days and all bodies are wondered with the way it presents so negative factors is not been seen. It's a masterpiece of course, it completely hit the markets in just two months.
L'Homme is a safe and easy going perfume. A convertible fragrance to any weather any occasion and any style. Looking from other point of view to this treat, it's a weakness cause it's not firm and characteristic.
I even wonder how three noses together delivered such a mainstream perfume?

Roqfort

One of ma favourite scent. Not too loud, but very sensual... I love every drop of L'Homme on my skin. The best middle and base notes I ever smell. I had to buy two 90ml bottles. Love it!

alaLavande
alaLavande

For me it's very generic. But I like it.

mn77393
mn77393

after initially disliking this fragrance, it has really grown on me. it's a gentle, more refined aroma, which was not something i was expecting from a fragrance marketed to men. as such, it seemed too effeminate for me at first, especially since i'm more of a casual guy who likes being outdoors. but i decided to hold onto this, and i've found it to be a nice change of pace from most of the fragrances i wear. it's great for formal occassions or taking a nice girl out somewhere classy. it would probably do well in church, too.

my apologies for reversing my opinion, but fragrances sometimes to do that to me as i become accustomed to their essence and can appreciate them more fully.

seoulman

I like this cologne. The opening is very fresh and floral. The only downfall I would say of this cologne is longevity. It projects well on my skin for about 3-4 hours then sort of fades and dies after that. But overall, it is a great everyday/every season cologne. It reacts differently in all weather types, and is currently one of my favorite colognes.

deeabo
deeabo

Beautiful bottle and lovely juice. I just can't get enough of this fragrance and it's not a surprise that it keeps receiving rave reviews five years after it was released. Its versatility gives it an edge over its younger brother, La Nuit De L'Homme. It is ideal for almost every occasion, different temperatures and seasons.

leecher88
leecher88

wonderful fragrance you can use it every day and every season good for summer because it is very fresh and in the winter season its like a elegant one !
buy it

grlnamedsue
grlnamedsue

I liked this on the card, and so I bought it for my husband to be given as a gift. It's a bit on the sweet side, but the woods, ginger and pepper definitely stand out. At first I liked it, but I think I ruined it. I accidentally got it on my skin, and it wasn't bad at first, but then it turned into a sickeningly sour metallic smell and old manish. If you've ever been in a welding shop, you'll know what smell I'm talking about. Although that smell I am referring to was very faint underneath a mask of woods, it wasn't masked enough to still like it...and I love strong woodsy scents (even if this one was on the sweet side) I'm now debating on buying something else before his Bday just because of my experience, because i don't want to risk it happening to him. In fact, I think it may have ruined my affinity towards mostly woodsy scents. I might give it another chance later on in the future, til then it's sitting in a drawer til further notice.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I totally agree with bwcw81 it reminded me a lot of joop go!
I did 'nt test the longevity but heard that it's not good so if joop last longer ,go for joop.
To the smell,it's creamy fresh sweety .Not unique IMO and it would be more good with some pepper and more woods,it's soo safe,no personality in it.
I bet that it will get compliment from women just because they would like to wear it.

Cylob
Cylob

Way to bland and generic.
I do love the "Nuit" version and many other YSL's, but this is way too easy on my nose.
Not bad, but nothing special either...

5.5/10

ManicPsych290
ManicPsych290

This one is for a mature individual. Made for spring and summer, it is very subtle. Lasts 4-6 hours(even though I only tested it a few days into spring). Ensure you wear scentless deodorant with this one due the cologne being very subtle.

Note: Cold temps. can kill a spring/summer cologne's scent. Definitely NOT for cold temps.

300yard+

Ok , after looking for a Summer nite scent going out to a club or lounge I think I found it! Yves St. Laurent L' homme is very nice all year round. I prefer this as a nite time scent and I am very much happy with it.... It works well in the spring or summer. The oriental woody smell lasts for a good 8-10 hours on me. 2 sprays on the neck and maybe one on the wrists , and im good to go....

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I really like how L'Homme develops. It starts out as a citric tang, which I always hate, but as a lil surprise, it very soon begins the development to an edible, gourmand pulp of what I imagine to be a nut or legume.
The ginger lingers very subtly throughout development, all the spices are taking over now, but the back bone if this whole scent is clearly the tonka, which isn't overused or overpowering at all, which I think is because the woods and mosses somehow soften it down to just be a base note.

I would definitely have this scent for a quiet night with friends or, if i get it at a decent price, at the office.

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

Never in my life had I had so many people ask me what I was wearing!. This is like liquid pheramones, the scent is so up lifting citrusy but subbtle and all at once spicy. Fresh but potant, its what you would wear to either formal dinner or lunch with friends. It's one of my favorites ever.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I am not a niche fragrance guy, most of my fragrances are being sold, or have been sold in Sephoria and the Department Stores. So my review comes from that perspective.

This fragrance is sweet maybe due to the tonka and citrusy, given off a creamy vibe. This is a versatile fragrance, I can see wearing it in most settings, for those who club defintely may be a bit light for that and I haven't tried it in the dead heat yet. But a perfect work scent that is for sure!

mbasilakism
mbasilakism

Im still new to fragrances and wanted to add a masculine floral to my collection and saw decent reviews for this 1 so decided to give it a shot... SO... I blind bought this 1 and ya win some ya lose some they say right ? HAHA, Well this time I got a BIG win because this was EXACTLY what I was looking for.. At 1st I was having some second guesses despite the good reviews just for the fact that this had ginger and im not a big fan of ginger... I must say though that the ginger note is done well in this and its a must have for sure... To me its kind of hard to describe what this smells like but it starts out fresh,floral, with that ginger note slightly in the background and as the fragrance progresses the ginger kicks in more making the smell you get in the beginning warmer smelling,inviting, and a tad spicier.. (the drydown to me smells like gingerbread cookies,lol) Also this is a favorite of the ladies... But ive noticed only women that are 21 and above seem to dig this... So if your looking to attract a younger crowd you may want to look elsewhere

Ratings: ranging from 1-10
Smell: 8.5
Projection: 8.5
Longevity: 8 (last anywhere from 6-8 hours)

Overall Rating 8.5

Age Range: 21-40

Best times to wear this: Perfect for goin out and could be used for clubbing... Mainly I see this as a going out scent. Could be used for work if you work an office job or a job that requires a suit and tie

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This has a lovely creamy smell to it due to a predominance of the tonka and cedar at the base, which is kept masculine with the vetiver. To me the citrus hint vanishes almost instantly after spraying (which is good imo)and you're left with the spiciness of the white pepper which blends smoothly with the creamy base. Very nice men's fragrance. Though I could see layering this with something floral, mimosa or myrtle maybe, to make it into a women's fragrance.

piperis

a pure harmony , a angels calling for womans

JackOatmon
JackOatmon

I had the weirdest experience with this fragrance.

The first time I tried it on, I thought it was very nice, if perhaps a bit safe and mainstream for my tastes.

Then, the second time I wore it, there was a chemical edge so strong and nauseating that I found myself in the shower scrubbing and scrubbing to get it off. I seriously felt awful just smelling it. Now I cannot bear to smell it.

elixir
elixir

Very particular about mens fragrance but i like this one.

mehrdad
mehrdad

دقیقا همان مطلبی را که در مورد له نویت نوشته ام برای این عطر که قبل از آن لانچ شد کاملا مصداق مینمایید چرا که له نویت به نوعی شدید شده له هوم و اینتنس آن است و پرفیوم آن هم که معلوم است چه خبر است! البته در پرفیوم له نویت با له نویت اد تویلت مقداری از لحاظ نت روایح تعغییری ایجاد نموده اند و به نظر من له نویت هوم مقداری دلچسب تر از پرفیوم آن است

L'HOMME YSL - EAU DE TOILETTE

Natural Spray PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The power of attraction of a man with a unique, sensual, magnetic style

A perfect balance between unrefined and precious, ultra-masculine and elegance, off-the-shelf and luxury.
A fragrance for the urban and charismatic 21st century male.

Size: 60 ml , 100 ml

به نقل از سایت تولید کننده

Pianopolice

I bought this cologne about three weeks ago and have not gotten any compliment yet because the longivity sucks on my skin. I bought it online, so it might be fake although it looks perfect. Overall this cologne smells great, and nobody can hate it. I just have a problem with its longivity, which stays on me for maximum two hours after over 10 squirts.

MRare
MRare

Beautiful modern fragrance! This is one of the fragrances that got me into the fragrance game. The ingredients blend an amazing scent for the younger guys out there. I wear this to school, and girls are always asking what I'm wearing. One of the best openings in the business in my opinion! Lasts forever on me too... One of the staples in my collection.

And at night for added projection I get out my La Nuit and head to the clubs! PERFECT

andrevarx
andrevarx

A fresh and modern EDT. Entry notes are almost dominating the aroma citrus orange, middle notes a little cream or herbaceous clean and smooth, with base notes of vetiver approaching the dry wood.

It is a perfect scent for a suit in office, gives a picture of neatness and elegance, is elegant, yet not I have more potential than working as elegant fragrance. Its aroma is similar to Egoïste Platinum by Chanel, but rather a softer version with notes of orange rather dominant. Universal age range, as can be used throughout the year.

piperis

its a magical formula and turn the ladies on!!!

jtappenden

Without doubt this is YSL's best ever & greatest men's fragrance.It is like the very best of the Champs-Elysees.Very stylish,very elegant & very sensual.

jtappenden

A recent discovery.This is really great for daytime wear.

beatrix75
beatrix75

i am a vomen but my huband love this staf and its troooo its sexy elegant and everything vhat a parfume should bee

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I know that this scent gets a lot of negatve reviews but i think it is very under-rated. Everytime i wear this i get compliments and have never once got a negative comment about it. People say that it is boring and generic but it is what it is...a great smelling anytime go to scent. I have some fantastic fragrances that i never find the situation to wear and they just stay in my drawers gathering dust but i can wear this anytime, anywhere.
The ginger and simple spices combined with the citrus come together in quite a classic structure with a modern slant that means it can be worn any one of any age.

naksigulu
naksigulu

my father use this parfum.very clean, so attractive, light and beautiful parfum.i think you must try, you wont be regretful

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

gave my husband a sample of this to try. he couldn't care less about fragrance, but wears it once in a while to please me. well, this pleases me! he brings out the spice in it and it's a very warm, close-to-the-skin scent with none of the sharp, aquatics that most men's fragrances seem to have these days.

yummy!

dkmode83
dkmode83

This is a fantastic fragrance. I am a big fan of YSL (currently have Opium Pour Homme, M7, Rive Gauche, L'Homme & La Nuit). Much different than scent than most of YSL's. To me it is creamy, warm, sweet scent that I consider one of the best in recent years. Finds a good balance between sweet and spicy with cedar base. I would call it a casual, everyday fragrance. Sillage and Longevity are decent, but not exceptional for YSL. Overall definitely worth having on your dresser.

ahmed ehab

a sexy-licious fragrance for men ! im in love.........

sherwin
sherwin

It smells good at first but then it makes me nauseous/dizzy after... I almost bought this. Good thing, my baby gave me a bottle of this. I got all excited -- only to find out it makes me nauseous/dizzy like the Chrome colognes... There's something in it that makes me nauseous/dizzy!!!

missan

I do not like this. It´s just too chemical. They have tried too hard to convey us this is what it should smell like. Nothing natural IMO.
Even the wood is fake.

secretcrush
secretcrush

This by far one of the sexiest mens fragrances I have ever smelled, its creamy, sweet and floral w/ just the right amount of spice to it to keep it masculine... Dreamy I tell u!!! I went on a date last night w/ a guy who was wearing this(I asked) and I just couldnt stop sniffing him ... At one point he was beginning to think I was more interested in his fragrance than him lol... Yea, he was cute but this fragrance is a KNOCKOUT!!!

From what I've heard and observed, L'Homme has many female fans. I'm a definite fan, L'Homme makes a lovely, refreshingly spicy scent, with all the allure and appeal that makes it decidingly popular.

Woodsy, spicy and crisp sums up the whole composition in three simple words. This fragrance seems to suit any man of any age, regardless of the occasion or personality. Versatile enough to be worn casually, classically or to a strict suit and tie event.

The delicious spiciness was what immediately intrigued me when I first smelt L'Homme. I was not surprised when the sales assistant piped in with such praise with how popular this fragrance is as a present for lovers, family and friends.

I can distinguish an odd, tasty orange note, that seems to be neither the lemon nor the bergamot. Personally, this is what I feel makes this fragrance so amazing. I could smell this fragrance forever, just cuddle up to its wearer and relish in its woodsiness and deliciousness.

Some mention an aquatic type quality, and I slightly agree, even though its not so noticeable that it drives the scent. I'm not so certain as to what makes this fragrance so sexy, but there is no contention as to its obvious sexual appeal.

The sillage and lasting power is excellent, lasting for what seems like forever and a day. There is absolutely nothing else to say. I highly recommend.

Despite the positive reviews, I had been contemplating about it for a long time. Finally I came across it in the store. Without any staff around, I quickly grabbed and sprayed it on my wrist, and I fell in love with it instantly. Now I just have to tell myself to be sensible and hold on till I can find the right price.

This fragrance is so NICE! It smells so fresh and expensive. It smells soft but never get girly. It fresh but never get citrusy. It has a good projection while it stays put on skin. It just has the right balance of everything packed in a bottle. This fragrance can be a blind purchase and I bet there will be zero regret! I praise this product and it's a must have for me.

seoulman

My personal favorite cologne. The opening like many have said, is a nice combination of citrus but the ginger gives it a very distinct great smell. Longevity and sillage last pretty well with my skin. Just a great everyday fragrance.

piperis

only for very sexy ant stylist mans,my best in my colecction

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

wow, love this stuff..very sexy and romantic..its good for daily casual wear...i wore this at daytime its very sexy and it fresh me up....lots of compliment....girls love this stuff...(not girls i meant women)..lol

gesch
gesch

I think a lot of perfumes should be like this one - masculine, without being overtly about it, sensual without in your nose, and if we are honest:
nobody should wear those grand loud creations daily or to work. I love those olfactory delights, too - but the compliments I receive are mostly for the easier perfumes, or bodylotion.
So guys who are suspiscious of the quiet greatness here - it works too!
The scent itself is mature, but not too serious, begins with a twisted freshness of bergamot and ginger, that gives very fast way to the spiced herbs with a moderate cedar, which I think is great.
This is a scent for every occasion, except for a night out, maybe. But nevertheless should this turn heads - it at least turned mine head over heals.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I brought this for my man as his wedding perfume. He smells so elegant & sexy. Yes, his virtue is constantly in jeopardy when he is wearing this. Incidentally this is what he likes most about this scent.

Personally I think this is too sultry & special for everyday usage. He only gets to wear it at the wedding and on date nights. Nyak!!!

The lady at the store said it suited him because he is fair (a blue-eyed blonde). I am not sure if this has any scientific value but it would be an interesting experiment.

jakobi3000
jakobi3000

YSL L'Homme - One of my absolute favorites...woody and sweet and citrusy! so fresh its amazing...you can spray as much as you want and this will never be cloying! perfect for fall, spring, winter!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

When i test it the first time,I really feel Inlove with this Scent and I bought A Cute bottle.Simply EXCELLENT.

This modern fragrance is a combination of Sweet and Fresh notes.Specially in the begining.The Ginger makes L HOMME a really INTERESTING scent.

Masculine and Elegant in a Modern way.I think A helpful Fragrance as Perfect for both Everyday Wear as well for Evenings out!suitable for AUTUMN.

Longevity&Sillage?Are both Good which makes this cologne worth the money.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is very classic, slightly sweet, creamy with hints of spice. It started with mild sweet citrusy at the begining, sweet creamy with hints of spices for the 2nd notes and mild woody with musky dcent for the base. Longevity is great, 5 hours on me and sillage is not too bad, ones will got the scent if close to you. It is a very easily addicted and versatile fragrance (office or nite out). Great for every mature man!

I would like to buy this but the scent it is too similar to my Joop!Go, I wonder anyone also have the same experience like I do.

lomejor
lomejor

When I first smelled/sampled this fragrance at the store, I thought it had a very femme scent to it(not a bad thing). On the way home I could not take make nose away from my wrist and became addicted to it. Purchased it the following week.

I get good longevity on my skin(8+ hrs) and also get many compliments when I wear it.

It does not smell cheap to me, but has more of a sophisticated smell to me. Therefore I prefer to wear it at night or in a intimate setting.

Overall, highly recommend at least trying this cologne next time you are in the store.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

A very luxurious perfume. I'm in my 30's and this one is perfect to me. One of my favorites.

narcotic
narcotic

You know when you hit that swing moment when you talk to a guy, and they gesture or leave for a bit and their smell kind of gently wafts off them, and you find yourself irresistibly moving in for more and it's kind of embarrassing?

That's the case for me with L'Homme. it's the middle stuff that I smell the most; all that warm, slightly spicy but never overwhelming smell that's moderated with the citrus spices. It kind of just floats. And despite the best efforts of marketing executives, all scent is basically gender-neutral when it starts out, but I can definitely perceive a daring woman wearing this as well - I sure as hell would want to.

It is, I think ultimately, a grown-up perfume. It's subtle, but like I said it hits all the important things. Consider me a fan.

Jave26
Jave26

In my opinion a masterpiece, I love it from beginning to end this will always be in my collection.

ahmed ehab

i have never loved a perfume that much ,
theres always something in each perfume that might be annoying to me but this one is just perfect .
the longetivity might be an issue but concerning the smell , i am OBSESSED with this magnificent masterpiece.

as said below , this is definelty liquid gold
everything is amazing from the bottle design to the big white cover to the concentrated sexiness in it !

10/10 would be insulting it , do the math !!!

piperis

hellow all i have in my collection about 40 +perfumes this 1 its in top 3,super unigue frech sexy..... best of the best

gianmarco
gianmarco

excellent scent, smooth and sexy, i would give it a 8 on 10.... the only problem with this scent is longetivity, and that takes a huge hit

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Light and pleasant but a bit to every dayish. Was expecting more. Won't be hanging around by noon. Certainly will not offend the office. I found the sillage weak (on me anyway). I understand it is a big seller. But with so much to chose from it's not one I will return to. On the plus side the price is reasonable and it is a smart looking bottle.

mado17
mado17

Definitely a wonderful scent, if you like those sweet sleepy romantics :)

Fereiro
Fereiro

Nothing special about this IMHO. Just another pretty, politically correct composition. For me it is rather dull and faceless, with average, but not outstanding longevity. Nothing similar to previous YSL creations. Will be suitable for most today's crowd. Pleasant, but not more. There were no serious reasons for releasing it.

dm8m
dm8m

YSL L'Homme is a cool sweet scent. It got me when I took a sniff test thats why i wasn't able to resist getting one.

Brando
Brando

Had a tester bottle of this. I really liked it. Smells like apples to me.

andy
andy

i prefer la nuit this one is a bit sweet and almost femnine

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I recently exposed myself to Yves Saint Laurent's line of cologne and I'm glad I did. I absolutely love YSL L'Homme. It's pure liquid gold. I'm a big fan of La Nuit De L'Homme as well but this one is more my speed. L'Homme has opened my eyes and made me appreciate the more complex/sophisticated kind of scents.

The opening is so fresh but not your typical kind of fresh. Like a new antique piece fresh. I think it's the the ginger combined with the citruses that does the trick. The spices and white pepper give it great depth but I don't find it spicy at all. As it dries down the tonka bean goes such an incredible job giving it's smooth, creamy, rich aroma. The ginger hangs in there with the veviter too.

Is the new La Nuit better than the original? Yes and No. It comes down to personal preference. They compliment each other very well. It's all about the time of day your wearing them, L'Homme being for daytime wear and La Nuit being for night time wear.

The longevity is great. I'm on hour five of wearing it and it's still holding up great. The dry down is rewarding too. You never lose L'Homme's magic throughout the time you wear it. Great from beginning to end.

Update: Wore it today and got 10+ hours out of it. I guess the longevity is spotty on this like many people have mentioned.

DC-8
DC-8

A good scent and satisfying longevity. It is fresh and floral at the same time. Could be good from the middle of summer until early winter, to my opinion.

But yet it is not a very special thing, though it is from YSL.

However, I liked it.

scenturian
scenturian

This is very delicious sweety floral scent only the problem is longevity and sillage.
Safe, clean and perfect 4 office and daily usage.
Mid notes is some kinda sweeter version of Channel Egoiste Platinum.
Chanel EP is more dry and has no sweetness at all.

ahmed ehab

i find it a master piece , very very nice and sensual and a lil sweet . its great for daily usage and even for speciall ocassions

its a hot buy , u should give it a try

MassTKE441
MassTKE441

This is a fragrance that get mixed reviews. When I first wore it, people would come up and tell me that it smelled too feminine. However, when around one of my girl friend's she said it was very masculine. Ginger scent is very prominent but the floral scent settles onto the skin nicely. Perfect for the man who wants to be professional yet unique. Subtle but still stick out when brushing by a woman.

Mpirev
Mpirev

in spite of all write out about this fragrance i think it`s very good and we will give a well-deserved to his creator and to YSL house!

asfa
asfa

top perfume for dior perfumes,woody and very power ,good for everyday man

periquito89
periquito89

I`m in doubt about this. Some "floral" component comes to my mind when I apply and smell this. I don`t like very much floral components in a flagrance, but this one tend to be a little different. I may confusing the components, maybe the ginger. Many says this is a boring fragrance, and in fact it doesn`t change much (almost nothing) from the beginning to the end (I don't mind about that, in fact if smells good I like when it is linear ). I will try it in the cold weather, when I think it will fit better. Indeed it is discreet, a little fresh, non-offensive to the nose, and I think more mature perfume. Nothing remarkable, just confortable.

Edit: I've said that I would prefer others to use everyday, but to be honest, I could easily use this everyday in the office, specially in the fall, or winter, despite its freshness. Longevity is not that good, I would say around 4 hours, until all that remains is just a good but very, very light fresh smell. It seens to be a kind of "classical" french perfume, as said before.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

This one REALLY rubs me the wrong way... I don't know.. If you are at all sensitive to lemon peper, dill, etc.. those kinds of scents. you will HATE this.

nikornplay
nikornplay

nice light spice EDT ,I am offten wear this.It stay longer on shirt and good scent in cold air. I feel very confidence with this bottle, not to loud ,and clean.
ginger make it fresh with style

acc
acc

This fragrance is 100% modern French style. It is classic, light, easy to wear and slightly masculine. Does not stand out, very suitable for daily use.

slipcat
slipcat

It starts off nice and sweet, yet light, but after a couple hours, it becomes too light. It is a nice light cologne, and if it lasted longer on me I would really like it, but after about 4 hours, it becomes too light and is "just another cologne".

Ericks
Ericks

My first YSL. A scent one easily gets addicted to. Sweet, but not too. It has a great freshness to it that makes one look forward to starting the day. Actually, I like the top notes most, especially the peppery part and if only they would linger on. The problem is, it doesn't last long. On me not more than about 3 hours, even when spraying lavishly. Because of that I'm not sure if I will purchase it again. It's too short lived for the price.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

From the YSL fragrance that I currently have (Opium pour Homme, M7, Rive Gauche pour Homme & YSL pour Homme), I find this fragrance a refreshing scent. It is the lightest of the YSL in my collection. I find this a welcoming change.

I would consider this fragrance an homage to Aqua di Parma. Instead of lingering on the citrus notes as AdP does, YSL pour Homme adds the twist of ginger, spices, basil with a slight hint of cedar to the combination.

This is a very causual, everyday fragrance.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent 4.36 out of 5 based on 2244 ratings and 310 user reviews

Aftershave
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' After Shave Balm
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' After Shave Balm
Aftershave 3.3oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' After Shave Balm 3.3 oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' After Shave Balm 3.3 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz.
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz.
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz. 1.3 oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz. 1.3 oz
Eau de Cologne 2oz
L'homme Gingembre Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 2 oz Eau De Cologne Spray for Men
Aftershave 3.4oz
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz
L'HOMME YVES SAINT LAURENT for MEN by Yves Saint Laurent EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
L'HOMME YVES SAINT LAURENT for MEN by Yves Saint Laurent EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
L'HOMME YVES SAINT LAURENT for MEN by Yves Saint Laurent SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ ALL OVER SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ TRAVEL OFFER
L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme Intense' Eau de Toilette
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 6.7 oz. 6.7 oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 6.7 oz. 6.7 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 6.7 oz.
Yves Saint Laurent 'L'Homme' Eau de Toilette 6.7 oz.
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.