Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

L’Homme Cologne Gingembre Yves Saint Laurent for men

L’Homme Cologne Gingembre Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

L’Homme Cologne Gingembre Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

L'Homme Cologne Gingembre represents a contemporary interpretation of classic male colognes, enriched with ginger as the most refreshing of all the spices. Elegant, clean and invigorating, this fragrance is emerging as a new magnetic weapon of seduction in the hot days.

Classical fresh notes of Calabrian bergamot and ozone aquatic accords at the top, give way to the modern aromatic - spicy fusion of Chinese ginger, white pepper from Madagascar and basil. The base is masculine and sensual with woody notes of cedar, oak moss and vetiver from Haiti, completed by a hint of musk.

The new bottle is made of frosted glass, retaining the original shape. The fragrance is available in quantities of 60 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

L’Homme Cologne Gingembre was launched in 2011.

Bergamot Water Notes

Ginger Basil Violet Leaf White Pepper

Vetiver Musk oak moss Virginia Cedar

Euphoria Men

L’Homme Cologne Gingembre Fragrance Reviews

ghent32
ghent32

I already think that L'Homme is one of the 5 most gorgeous scents ever done - if it were only slightly stronger - anyway, I decided to give this one a shot to try at Sephora on 2 occasions and to be quite honest, I think the "scent" of this is fantastic 4.5/5, and I would be willing to buy it and keep it in my collection if the price were lower. I'm sorry, but I don't believe EDC concentrations should be priced as high as EDT concentrations. Clearly, EDP's are usually higher than EDT's, so it stands to reason that this should be $10-$15 lower, but a 2oz bottle of this for $60, I don't think so. This is a great spring scent that I would love to just wear around the house, or out of the shower, or to bed, but I won't pay $60 for an "around the house scent" Maybe I can find it on Amazon down the road for $30-$40, then maybe. Why do fragrance houses make EDC's anyway, no one wants a scent to go away in less than 4 hours.

Kurfuersten
Kurfuersten

Beautiful organic ginger blended into a very soft and fragile water, light citrus and cedar structure that is spectacular for the brief time it remains on the skin. Incredibly uplifting, energetic and soothing combination of notes that isn't overwhelmed with the usual aromatic elements and tonka bean presence that takes away some of the ginger's raw impact. If you like ginger the top in this one is a real gem. Unfortunately not worth getting unless you have money to burn, longevity is abysmal at 1-3 hours max. And projection very soft even with 5-6 sprays. Johnnyjazz used the word fleeting and I feel that best describes this otherwise magically uplifting and refreshing cologne. Perfect for a spring day excursion of a couple hours into the city or town, not much else. A sad case of a true gem of a scent being limited by very poor performance standards.
Scent: 4.5/5
Longevity: 0.5/5
Sillage: 1.5/5
Versatility: 2.5/5
Overall = 2.25

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

Love the scent of this fragrance! It is one of the most clean, fresh scents I have ever smelled. However, it is lacking in projection and longevity. It projects well for the first hour, but after that you have to be very close to the skin. I only get about 3 and a half hours before it completely fades away.

This is, however, a great summer fragrance to spray on after a shower. The key is to reapply.

Projection: 2/5
Smell: 4.5/5

EDIT: Ok, call me crazy, but I think this fragrance resembles the drydown of Creed's Silver Mountain Water. Anyone else get this at all?

Layzie
Layzie

L'Homme Cologne Gingembre is a light, refreshing, and pleasant cologne. Women that have smelled this on me at the mall, patrons and employees alike, have complimented the fragrance. It has an aquatic-floral feel that reminds me of the ocean breeze. There is only a tinge of sharp spiciness coming from the ginger and bergamot.

Overall, it has a sweet outdoor freshness that seems to be very well-received by the women I came across. Unfortunately, it neither projects well nor lasts long, so it will only be enjoyed in close-contact and short bursts.

matthujewell
matthujewell

I have a deep love for YSL Men's fragrances, but this one sadly went too fast. It requires a lot of constant applying. I found if I didn't carry it on me, I could never enjoy the smell all day.

markart123
markart123

Absolutly love this stuff as a scent. It smells almost the same as the original. It's soft, inoffensive and one of the best scents around. Too bad this scent disappears in 30-45 mins. Save your money and just go with the original l'homme.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Fleeting, temporary juice with a beautiful top that flickers out before any real review can be accomplished. Tried three times to review this beautiful scent, but every time was foiled by its absolute determination to fade from the skin after 30-45 minutes. Water and ginger make up the bulk of its personality, with hints of wood and herbs, making it a great warm weather alternative to the original, except poor longevity and a complete lack of projection make this trite and frivolous,

mengal
mengal

has an enjoyable smell...
no very long lasting...
nice to be in the collection..

bonanza1
bonanza1

This has a beautiful smell..just dont blink or sneeze, cause you will miss it. I know all here speak on the lack of longevity on this one, I as well. Wow, and I never thought that anything could out vanish D&G The One..lol

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

A really good scent let down by its awful longevity.
Thank goodness it was just a sampler.

rrrrr1111111111rrrrr
rrrrr1111111111rrrrr

A transparency, light, with covered passion accent. True romance! Perfect!

belor
belor

So poor, so disappointing, how its possible its YSL?

nancy920
nancy920

This is THE BEST fragrance for men. So fresh and sexy. If I had a boyfriend, I would spray this one him. ;)

cassio
cassio

Unfortunately this scent needed more substance.
The smell is ideal for summer but very weak.
Maybe it will be good to spray it in the bed linen.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

I'm enjoying the sample, but I don't think that I will be buying L'Homme Cologne Gingembre at the full price. The longevity and projection of this fragrance is below proficient. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on a product that has a better delivery. However, if L'Homme Cologne Gingembre should make it to the bargain bins, I will purchase a couple of bottles at more than half the cost.

harlemmal
harlemmal

This scent is so faint that I
can not even detect it after five minutes.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

This cologne would smell nice on a man who loves aquatic and spicy scents.

This sillage is fair, it lies close to my skin. Though, on a man's warmer skin it would probably rise a bit better.

Lasting power is also fair.

This one reminds me very much of a discontinued Avon scent for men called Coastline which smelled great.

Definitely, a scent which reminds me of the ocean and sailing.

suppie
suppie

I just sprayed it on myself today and it smells wonderful. Something I picture my man wearing all the time. It's a great daytime scent.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

What a nice addition to the YSL line! This is the perfect middle ground between Nuit and L’Homme. Masculine, intense and refined. I would add distinguished to it as well. Refreshing and slightly seductive. Might buy it. I would have to disagree with the not being able to smell theme that’s brewing. It’s about 75 here and I rode home with the windows down at 75 with the arm out of the window and I can smell it just fine as I type this. It won’t over power that stinkin Spice Bomb that i sampled at the same time but I don’t think a bowl of shit could either. All in all, I like.
Worth noting that its less abstract than L’Homme but far less BANG than Nuit.

Voile
Voile

Less personality that the original. Light, clean, fresh; but still engaging, and a mood lifter for the wearer. Would be unobtrusive in any setting. I would compare this more to Angle Schlesser (my fav ginger) mixed with Dune. Nice frosted bottle - are there any ombre frosted, or matte glass bottles in existence?

spcmiller
spcmiller

I find this the most engaging of the entire L'Homme line. Made a special trip to Nordstrom to test and fell in love immediately. I'm almost out of my first bottle I bought a month or so ago. Only complaint is the longevity...if they could make this a EDT it would be a 10+ hands down!

Jordan13
Jordan13

I like this one a lot. Contrary to most reviews, I get a strong 4+ hours (not awful for a somewhat fresh scent) . I'm somewhat new to the fragrance scene, and was trying to decide between Gingembre and the original L'Homme. I found this one to be lighter, but slightly edgier. The original is waaaaay sweeter off the first spay and throughout the duration. I don't love how sweet original is for the first hour, so I found Gingembre to be a nice compromise. I feel as though this scent is geared towards summer but that it is not really out of place in any season. Very versatile. Perfect for suited up evenings as it certainly comes with a classy aura. An airy, sophisticated, slightly candied ginger is the overall vibe and I dig it. If you like, it stock up as the sales people say it will be discontinued.

Bram
Bram

Damn! I'm so mad at myself ryt now! So I'm in duty free and I'm ten minutes past my boarding time coz I've been waiting for the shops to open, so they finally open and I dash in knowing what I wanted to buy, then one of the shop ladies comes with a basket and "assists" me with me shopping coz I'm buying a lot, so I'm like okay I'll have a bottle of that and that and that I said I wanted a bottle of L'homme, the original version, now I just got home and I'm unboxing my scents and I find I have this instead f L'homme, now this isn't bad, just that its longevity sucks, I sprayed some on my hand about an hour ago and it's safe to say the scent has completely dissapeared! I think I'll sell it...

EDIT: so i sprayed it again on papre this time, and honestly the smell isn't bad at all, but now whats the point if the projection and longevity are shot? So if you can manage to find a way around that issue, then you should be o.k...I'm still so upset the lady gave me this instead of the OG!

Nebraska123
Nebraska123

Very light and hard to detect within 5 minutes of spraying. I do like the scent but not sure how well it projects or lasts.

$$
$$

When u first put it on it smells great then in 5min poof!Game Over.No more scent i hate that.

antonpan
antonpan

I think guys in L'Oreal just decided to name another summer flanker of L'homme differently from "d'Ete 20..". Cologne Gingembre starts from a whisper! I smell a dusty note (pepper?) on a watery base - like a watered down DKNY Men 2009. But soon the cologne becomes to sound like the lighter version of original L'homme. To my mind longevity is not excellent, but not bad at the same time.

egyboy
egyboy

Unfortunately, this YSL cologne is so light that you can't smell its fragrance and even it has a very poor longevity. I like YSL fragrances, but this cologne disappointed me in a horrible way!!

So this fragrance is sweeter than the D'Ete that I previously owned. It smells much closer to the original, but it lasts only around 3 hours on me. It's still fresh and sweet with aquatic accord. The D'Ete is sharper, cooler and dryer like gin, I think. Plus this one is not as "ozoney" as the other. There is subtle peppery ginger too. Overall I think Gingembre is kinda generic, especially with the aquatic accord. I still feel indifferent about this one, but what am I gonna do? There it is; sitting in my perfume closet with the shiny chrome cap smirking at me.

jd
jd

i love this cologne i smelled it yesterday im going to get it soon love the beginig very fresh and clean

PivoineRouge
PivoineRouge

I can sense the ginger, but it's not overpowering (and amen to that!). It is a very light daywear version of the original L'Homme, but I believe that the ginger adds a slightly masculine twist to otherwise rather feminine cologne.

The opening is rather soft; it certainly does not scream freshness, but rather the summer Paris weather. It dries down into the original L'homme - not overly masculine like Opium, but still masculine nonetheless - and then you get the ginger with cedar. This is the image of younger Saint Laurent in the Paris summer days, where the weather is not swelteringly hot but still hot nonetheless.

I certainly would not recommend this over the original L'Homme for people in the US; it is very delicate to wear and might come off as "boring". But the fragrance is definitely different, just like every Paris is different. This might be more suitable for people slightly younger than L'Homme users; L'Homme might be men in their mid- to late twenties, but this version can also be used by men in their earlier twenties as well.

I really like this one, and I'm glad I went through the trouble of ordering it from Paris.

weasel
weasel

the worst blind parfum i buyed for sure

ravjan
ravjan

Nothing but a diluted, over-sweetened and short-lasting version of the original juice. The previous summer editions at least had some extra twist. Off my to-buy list!

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I was walking past the perfume shop today and noticed that they had this in the window which was strange because a lot of the bigger department stores have not got this for another month or so.
I have been looking forward to tis release as i really do enjoy the original...yes i know, its not cool to like the original but i think it is a fantastic 'go to' scent that can be worn anywhere,anytime. Anyway, the bottom line is that this smells exactly like the original but with maybe one more drop of 'ginger' in the mix. it is a shame because i half thought that this was going to have touch of the Gucci Envy about it.
The longevity is limited to a couple of hours. Overall, a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

I don't see a big difference between this Cologne Gingembre and L'Homme Eau d'Eté version from 2007. They both has ginger and ozone aquatic accords that are based on original recipe, except the absence of tonka bean... Anyway, save $$$ and try something else that's more interesting or just let me be indifferent about this. (°_°) I didn't care for the '07 version then. Why do I care for this '11 version now?!

Update: Karma is a bitch. I just "accidentally" won the bid of this from eBay. (T~T) Well... We'll see how it is.

Papi
Papi

Very COOL as in fresh frag for this summer! Where's ginger though?!

8.5/10

zilos262
zilos262

I just cannot wait for this oce. Ginger makes almost every fragrance mixed with aquatic accords just heavenly.

piperis
piperis

im so happy !!!L homme its my best perfume ever and hartbreaker fos ladies.

L’Homme Cologne Gingembre by Yves Saint Laurent 4.07 out of 5 based on 158 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Cologne Gingembre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Cologne Gingembre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Homme Cologne Gingembre by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Homme Cologne Gingembre by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.