Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

L'Homme Libre Yves Saint Laurent for men

ozonic
L'Homme Libre Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

L'Homme Libre is a new variation on the subject of the original perfume L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent from 2006. L'Homme Libre launches in September 2011.

The fragrance contains a mix of bergamot, pink pepper and patchouli. The face of the perfume is ballet dancer Benjamin Millepied.

"You can wear it every day, all day. I like it because it's fresh and youthful, but masculine at the same time", said Millepied about the fragrance for Allure. L'Homme Libre was created by Olivier Polge and Carlos Benaim.

Star Anise Basil Violet Leaf Bergamot

Mercedes Benz Intense
Ultrasense

L'Homme Libre Fragrance Reviews

smoj

Ok, I'm back and I've changed my tune.. after a few weeks of ignoring this frag I thought i'd wear it to see if anything changed and relised this scent isn't as bad as I thought it was, I'd still stand by my previous post and say try it before you buy.

like the YSL frags in the past especially
M7 oud absolut and d l'homme. there seems to be a YSL theme going on where i love the scent at first then go off it and then come back to it with a stronger appreciation. (i really hated m7 for a long time then i started wearing it and wow, love it).

Libre did smell like a locker room with a few different lynx (axe) bottles being sprayed, but the more I wore it i could appreciate the violet rather then think of lynx africa ;)

anyways, don't go too heavy on the trigger and it's a great summer night scent. maybe too sweet for a roaringly hot day. but soon as the sun starts to go down, this is very classy and a great addition to your summer scents.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this cologne as a blind buy and I am glad I did. I am wearing it for the first time today, and all I could smell is sweet violet, basil and bergamot. It is perfect for summer days. This fragrance stays on my skin a long time which is very rare. My skin absorbs cologne very fast so I have to spray on my clothes as well. I already got many compliments from my co-workers. I will be wearing it again very soon.

smoj

still not 100% on this, i bought it as a summer evening scent, and it does smell/feel good wearing it straight from the shower. it does smell fresh, but possibilly too heavy for a summer scent.. im still not sure. i enjoy the dry down rather the top notes.

to put in comparison

my 40ml bottle is still 98% full over after 1 month
my 40ml bottle of ysl l'homme was 1/4 gone within a month

don't blind buy and test it before you think about buying this frag..as i dont think its for everyone

all-in-all do i like yes? would i buy it again no.

it smells like Fahrenheit without the petrol note, as people have said before.

paulhunter

I have nothing against violet leaf, but this fragrance really makes me think of men's deodorant because of that note. I get very bored of this fragrance, and I don't think the smell matches the bottle/marketing. In my mind's eye, this is in a green bottle with a pleasant dad-looking endorser.

SaffianoKMR
SaffianoKMR

Layering this with "Platinum Egoiste", It's divine!

wonderlife
wonderlife

This is a decent fragrance. Great for work. Can get a little cloying if over sprayed (it is sweet and peppery after-all) but i'm not going to call it average because despite Libre's very basic list of ingredients, it is a stand out fragrance and very different from anything currently on the market.

grapho
grapho

this is so beautiful, a masterpiece. i love soft fragrances that arent strong. fits my personality. this scent is unique. i think ive finally found a signature scent. mature, fresh sophistication in a bottle

panoulis1992
panoulis1992

season:spring-summer-fall
occasion:any
sprays:3
scent:9/10(it is from my lovely YSL)
longevity:8/10
projection:7/10
sillage:7/10
versatility:8/10
overall:39/50

Vanie2784
Vanie2784

This cologne is awesome on a guy. Recommended if you want your scent to be memorable to a woman. Long lasting and the sillage is great!

mamali1976
mamali1976

This scent is one of the best for who wants to be lovely man..

yourfriendmarito
yourfriendmarito

Not bad. I prefer the beautiful Cologne Tonic which is more fresh. L'honmme libre is sweeter, I guess this is supposed to be seductive, but it is not. I am a fan of violet,but this one is a bit too sweet for my taste, it is not as masculine as I wish it was. I'll stay with Fahrenheit for a more masculine violet.

Manny44
Manny44

Frankly,I find this one unpleasant to wear. Too much pepper to wear as a sport/fresh scent. Too average to wear as a formal scent. By far , my least favorite YSL.

to @panoulis1992

I'm not complaining about the fragrance longevity I get +8hrs, what I said is that I wish the sweetness of the top notes lasted more,

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

lots of my thanks goes to Mr. Olivier Polge again.
dude you Rock and rock !

duzmantic
duzmantic

There's one with a black cap and the other one is clear. I've tested them both and they kinda different. Or is it just me? The one with the black cap is a more darker scent and stays close to the skin and on me the longevity is much longer than the clear one. The clear one has a similar opening to fahrenheit aqua and is very soft. I don't know if it has been reformulated or not, or whether the different colour caps are playing tricks with my mind?

I dont like this fragrance, the top notes are to spicy and offending, the drydown however is quite nice but i still get those really spicey notes which i just dont like. Longevity is great and silage is great however.
But it does not even compare to other fragrances released by YSL like La nuit de l'homme which i absolutly adore and is by farone of my favorite fragrances i have ever tried.
Not bad YSL, but not great, try before you buy.

lyktor

I really love the opening, its fresh and sweet, very well balanced,

I wish this sweetness lasted more

The drydown I get a strong leaf and kinda earthy smell that reminds a greenhouse garden

haristondo
haristondo

L'Homme Libre is a lovely fragrance and very enjoyable. It makes me feel free and alive. I love YSL

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I've counted on YSL to deliver quality fragrances since the 70's. This juice is no exception. I call it classic clean- terrific for the office or casual wear. It's unique but clearly in the YSL L'homme family. Not groundbreaking, certainly an under-rated gem with excellent longevity and just right projection.

mersilover84
mersilover84

yeah, i've always liked this one. definitely a good gym scent but you should always go very easy on the trigger with any "gym" fragrance anyway. just smells so fresh and so clean clean. i've described this one before as Fahrenheit without the gasoline note, which i actually am a fan of by the way. and despite what other have said i get average to good longevity out of this. maybe the violet just works on me better because i get the same results out of burberry touch, another bombass violet leaf based men's fragrance

SDavis93
SDavis93

I believe this is under rated, maybe because its one of many flankers or just doesn't get any love. but its a nice fragrance, it's a spicy sweet woody masculine fragrance, yes, its generic but that doesn't make a fragrance bad in my opinion, especially when its done well like this. it's also clean, fresh and sporty but without citrus notes like lemon,grapefruit,bergamot .e.g which is good.

It's a perfect gym scent, perfect casual scent and great for cool spring/summer days, it's a crowd pleaser nothing game changing or different which is why many will turn away at first sniff but its really good. Projection for the first 2 hours is amazing could smell it leaping of my skin constantly. but longevity is pretty poor 4-5 hours max. Its also inexpensive if you look around as it isn't a top seller like the others in the line. So overall a solid scent for someone that just wants a good masculine fragrance 7/10.

Geordieboy
Geordieboy

I find this fragrance to be under appreciated compared to other ysl fragrances. It has Better longevity the l'nuit (very over hyped). Anyway to the scent... I get a fantastic burst of violet leaf at the very beginning which i find lingers around through the entire lasting of the fragrance and a touch of basil after 5- 10mins with the merest suggestion of star anise. After half an hour or so the pepper comes through strong but blends in nicely with the vetiver once that makes an appearance. I dont really detect much patchouli or nutmeg though?!
All in all a great fragrance which deserves better praise. 7.5-8 out of 10

estewart51
estewart51

After coming from la Nuit de l'Homme, l'Homme is a bit underwhelming for me. It's not a bad fragrance at all but the pepper serves as a blanket over the fresh notes. The opening is so strong and spicy that many could be turned off just by that. Fortunately after some time the spiciness tones down and the smell becomes rather smooth and milky. With that said l'Homme isn't a homerun but I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.

paulhunter

Upon first spray I realized: wow this bottle and marketing does not well represent the fragrance. Very spicy and bitter, not aquatic and sporty. There is virtually no citric notes present on top, and the scent is fairly linear. It's different than the typical fresh fragrance, but it doesn't seem done well to my nose.
L'Homme Libre is very "men's deodorant" smelling. That soapy spiciness really evokes something Old Spice would make, opposed to the ultra fresh apple aquatic "typical freshie." There's something chlorine-y, like a swimming pool, on my skin. In all, I don't feel addicted to this smell in that immature freshie frag way, and it doesn't possess much power in longevity/projection. Pass.

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

I don't Own this one but Tested at the retailer, this is too spicy, It burns my nose when I want to smell it back, too too too SPICY. Opens up with sweetness, but after 15 mins all you got is spice. It can not be compared to L'homme or La Nuit. Did not like it at all.

Dajora
Dajora

To me, this one starts off peppery, goes down to spicy withing the first hour, and then starts smelling like your moms make-up purse, but not in a bad way!
This is definitely not a fresh scent as advertised, in my opinion.

Scent 6.5/10

Longevity: 5 hours in it's projecting a little bit, you can smell it up close within 30cm i would say.

Sillage: Pretty good for the first 3 hours i would say, people passing by you will notice.

Summary: I would pass on this one, i don't think the scent is that good, but if you like spicy scents you probably would enjoy this one.

Erikkkk
Erikkkk

The top notes are amazing for me its a blast of grape juice, but 30m later the ozonic and spice grow and we have a Polo Blue and Gio mixed (like other brother describe) melon and cucumbers vibes are there too. It's too expensive for the same formula of Those, nothing criative. Smooth scent and sintetic, I like and don't sell this because at the time I have no one of your brothers reviewed. For me its kind of different of l'homme. Like the ads show: young gentleman.

sagranha
sagranha

very grown mature sexy menly fregranc for men love it remind me of porsche design sport ... fell in love with it today .

burgundyaltima

GROWN,SEXY and MATURE..opening is very fresh,clean and green..once it dries its gets spicier while still remaining fresh .. i like it..just not a must have for me

RJ_Paint
RJ_Paint

Want a good spring/summer scent and don't like citrus, then look into this. You get a strong fresh violet and this fragrance is well liked by most. You won't hear anyone saying you smell bad. To me it smells like a fresh out of the shower clean. Can't go wrong with this scent, but I can see this as being a generic "Fresh" scent. Give this a try before you buy

louisminaj
louisminaj

Was given this fragrance today from a friend and I love it! It is not like your average men's fragrance, it is fresh but with a lot of spice. I love spicy aftershaves so this is amazing! The only thing is, I dont feel like this has much progression. This smells exactly the same once its sprayed and when its fading. This is the only problem I can find.

I love the bottle and especially the lid! It fits really nice in your hand and it is displayed well on my fragrance shelf!

This is also a pretty strong scent, it holds on me for a good few hours and it does also project, so obviously this is a bonus!

Basically once this fragrance is gone, I will be buying the full 100ml. Beautiuful!

Legolas
Legolas

If you want fresh frag without citruses,and borring lemon or grapefruit note's.. this one is for you.. little touch off spices.. very fresh and comfortable scent, it has good longevity about 6,5-7h,projection is average.. 7/10

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Very herbal with basil overriding all others. Maybe a bit of citrus. No need to cook tonight.

mundoglory
mundoglory

I bought this, but am still not sure what I think. When I smelled it from the bottle, the first thing that came to mind was 'strawberry bubblegum' along with a strong peppery smell. The opening is a little overwhelming. Smells very similar to Lacoste red for men with its sweetness, but with more of a kick to it. I can't smell any of the ozonic or aquatic notes that this fragrance is supposed to have. I wore it today in a car with several other people, 10 minutes after applying it but didnt receive any comments about it.

Saying all that, I dont know what it smells like to other people, Ive only smelled it from the bottle, on my shirt and on my wrist, I'll give it a few more tries then put it on ebay if I decide I don't like it.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Just got it...very clean and fresh spicy...really nice one~ Awesome

m1156943
m1156943

Smells like hanae mori

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Smells very similar to Fahrenheit, just add more pepper. Love this smell. Not sure why there's not much love for this juice, I've always found it to be quite nice and am always able to pick it out if someone is wearing it.

markrosedale

This was too peppery, I preferred the original Homme.

markrosedale

This was too peppery, I preferred the original Homme.

bazil14
bazil14

fresh safe middle of the road scent nothing special but nothing bad either citrussy and fresh a safe frag for warmer weather decent longivity and price and a good place to start if your new to fragrances

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Blast of violet leaf and melon, comes off to be a strong aquatic / fruity scent in the powerful opening.

Dry Down: Does a 180 and a light base of wood and musk comes thru the strong violet. The violet Smells natural and relaxing. The musk isn't dirty but comes off to be semi sweet.

Projection: High with 3 sprays or more

Longevity: High lasts all day on my skin

Overall: Dont let this opening fool you, its non linear and far from cloying. It does have a heavy opening but quickly becomes a very calming fragrance. Smell light and good. One of the most noticeable Violet made fragrances. Long lasting, and high projection without being offensive. Honestly smells like Bleu De Chanel, but with violet.

Purchase? BUY. Its versatile and makes a great spring and summer scent.

Update: While in bed the other night it smelt very soapy on its drydown.

Marcel
Marcel

I own La Nuit, so I bought this one too to try it. It's completely different. L'Homme Libre is a fresh fragrance for warm days, whereas La Nuit is for the evening/winter.

This one starts VERY spicy, with lots of pepper, VERY similar to Fahrenheit.

Then it quickly becomes citrusy, with lots of bergamot. Reminds me of classical citrus fragrances, such as Armani pour homme from the 80s, or that Dior from the 60s. A very masculin kind of citrus, very refined and mature.

All around that citrus is the spice, softer after the opening, and a base that smells like vanilla (probably it's the patchouli; my nose is not very trained!).

Great perfume, elegant, complex (not linear at all, it has lots of angles).

Idlehands
Idlehands

fresh and spicy. very good scent. This one has good longevity and projection. compliment getter. quality juice

Nosebest
Nosebest

One of the better clean scents released in the last few years. Though it does have bergamot in it, it doesn't scream citrus like many modern fresh fragrances. The opening notes are actually an interesting and different take on the aquatic blueprint. A sweet anise note, teamed with violet and basil give a very refreshing green, mint tinged brightness that is airy, ozonic and really crisp. To me it smells as if a beautiful fennel spearmint combo (that is a little bubblegum like) had been underlain with some dark green herbal vegetative notes to keep it fresh and almost cool to cold. An unusual blueberry/ blackberry like note also makes its prescence felt. At the same time, a much heavier core of spicy and resinous notes comprise its backbone. I think the pepper, patchouli and vetiver work very well against the fresher green and sweet apsects of this fragrance. In some ways, it makes me imagine a combination of the more interesting parts of Blue de chanel , Gucci pour Homme 2 and Diors Fahrenheit blended together. The sweet and refreshing aspect of Blue de chanels top notes. The green and tea like aspects of Gucci pour homme 2 . The resinous, spicy notes of Fahrenheit and Blue de chanel without ever becoming overly dirty, or musty in any way. Its a very pleasant clean fragrance that exudes an invigorating and confident aura. You may need to spray more to get this to last on you, but it seems to be one of the few scents that smells even greener and fresher with a heavier application. The spicier side, though very nice in my opinion, may not be to everyones liking , but i would consider this to be a very safe bet for practically anyone and suitable for a lot of different situations as well . Give it a try at the very least. You might be missing out on a gem that you could end up loving.

Nick M
Nick M

A very pleasant sweet-spicy smell, but it's so subtle and dances too closely to the unisex line for me. This is one of the colognes my female friend wears.

UPDATE: After wearing this a few more times from a sample, I am starting to pick up a bit more spice which tempers the sweetness. Still not sure I'd buy a full bottle, but perhaps it's a touch more masculine than I originally thought.

bagoes.setyadi
bagoes.setyadi

one of my favorite parfumes...smells soooo god, sweet and citrucy,I wear it when I go to my office,spray..spray. make my mood wake up

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am a woman but I wear some men's scents..I like this a lot..it has very distictive aquatic green, almost herbal opening..I wish it has stayed that way but once the middle notes come out, it becames more generic and citrusy. Drydown is my least favorite-its quite heavy on patchoili and smells super musky.
The top notes and middle smell almost unisex, while the drydown is rather masculine...
Lasting power is so so. I think about 2 hours total. I still like it though

SmsthersSimpson
SmsthersSimpson

Smells just like original Zirh. Zirh is cheap. Save your cash! Nice scent though.

scorpsteals
scorpsteals

One of the best smelling perfumes in my opinion. Its a little sweet at the same time being a bit mature as well just not long lasting enough. I just want to smell again and again its really good.
Longevity:6/10
Sillage:6/10

petrus
petrus

L'Homme anonyme

Senteur 3.5/10 J'ai voulu passer outre l'abominable emballage, j'ai voulu passer outre l'agressive ouverture, j'ai voulu passer outre mon allergie à l'un des constituants de ce parfum, mais rien à faire... Cette mixture ne ressemble à rien, ou plutôt à un mélange de ce qui se fait dans le marché, une grosse touche de Bleu, une touche de déodorant et une petite touche d'1 Million. C'est grossier, manque totalement de subtilité et cela reste agressif... un peu comme si l'on vous donnait à boire de l'eau de mer très sucrée. Question : que faire d'un tel "elixir" lorsqu'on vous l'a offert ? J'ai trouvé : je l'utilise en hiver lorsque je souhaite me mêler à la foule. Overdose de violette épicée sur fond sucré salé... Il faut vraiment être marketé à l'image du produit pour aimer ça. L'Homme anonyme est aussi un homme enchaîné et certainement pas un homme libre.

Sillage : 1.5/2. Puisque son sillage semble être apprécié par nombre de filles, peut être utile pour détecter le manque de goût de certaines...

Longévité : 2/2. Aucun problème de ce côté là...

Masculinité : 0/2. Parfum asexué, sans être non plus féminin. Son anonymat vous rend vous même asexué... Vous êtes un numéro parmi d'autres et un gogo qui s'est fait plumer : rien de masculin dans tout ça !

Evolution : 2/4. Pourtant relativement linéaire, on note une légère amélioration au fil des heures, on peut même arriver à le trouver subtil sur la fin, après vous avoir tout de même filer un bon mal de crâne... Cela fait que la chose demeure malgré tout portable, mais uniquement par temps humide en automne ou au printemps et par froid hivernal, plutôt de nuit.

TOTAL 9/20

SDVHC
SDVHC

A good perfume, nothing of too elaborate but however much valid. Clean, fresh (almost marine)... excellent rapport quality/price. What you want more?

lavalife
lavalife

i get a fresh aquatic smell with bit of spice. libre is interesting when it comes to longevity sometimes i get compliments even when im not getting it at all.. but on skin it doesnt last very long.. maybe 4-5 hours after that it stays close to skin without projecting. overall its a very good scent for summer.. can say its all day cologne safe for any occasion.

smell: 8/10

projection/sillage: 5/10

longevity: 7.5/10

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

L Homme libre from YSL is a very original scent that might not be liked by everyone. It smell very ozonic,fresh, mayble cucumber/ pickle a little bit. For me, it is a very refreshing fragrance that smell spring. The first time a smell it, i like it a lot and it became my spring signature smell for day time. A little bit weak in longevity and projection for a night out or anything like this, and not a compliments guetting fragrance. I find it to be some kind of an energising fragrance. I think that you are better try it first, mayble not safe for a blind buy or a gift. Here in my score:

Smell: 7,5/10. Smell ozonic and fresh, but very unusual, so i suggest to try it first.
Longevity: 3,5/5. Last for 4-5 hours maximum.
Projection: 3,5/5. Notice by people, but not a "compliments guetting" so difficult to tell.
Versatility: 3,5/5. Spring and summer day, office and casual for me. Not a night out fragrance or a cold weather one.
Overall: 18/25. Not bad, but i prefere La nuit de l homme. I am not sure if i m going to buy it again, i think that their is more interessing fragrance for that price. Might be a good scent for someone that is not into aquatic or citrus smell for summer.

Yes I immediately liked this one.

Strange really when I'm pretty indifferent about L'Homme and La nuit de L'Homme but obviously not when you consider how different they really are.
I mean the other two are okay and very popular it would appear but never really grabbed me.

I think it's the violet leaf note that I love and instantly draws me in to the point where I'm hooked right off the bat. I'm definitely getting this soon so I can give a more rounded review..but thus far it's love at first sniff!

Just an update on this, got it worn it still really enjoying it. Although its nothing like Fahrenheit really it's reminiscent with that violet accord the burgamot is prominent at first and to me it almost has a fizzy smell to it(if that's not too abstract) I mean like a kind of quinine tonic watery sort of vibe...but sweet and a little floral too. It's great!!!

sebikiraly
sebikiraly

This week I went to our local store for random testing and after some 10 other EDTs I accidentally chose this one. I fell in love with this immediately.

From YSL I only had a sample of Opium Homme when it came out (gee, more than 15 years ago - lol), but I have smelled the YSL notes in this one immediately.

I just walked up and down in the store enjoying this new EDT developing and I knew that I have found my new signature scent. I have already ordered a bottle and I can't wait to try it.

L'homme Libre is fresh, sophisticated, not too shy, not too overwhelming.

And a true YSL.

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

Just bought this after attempting to get past smelling it from the bottle. I owned L"homme and L'homme la'nuit and this did not seem to be on there level. So, I would totally write this one off as a lost and move on. I found a gift set on EBAY for a pretty good price, so I won the auction and received it in the mail today!! Here's the review:

Opening: Very sweet, almost simple syrup kind of smell with some type of plant behind it

Middle: Still sweet with a milder scent, but with nutmeg and a slight pink pepper smell.

Base: Calm trail of a sweet, woodsy, aquatic if that makes any sense.

8.5/10

mrjesse
mrjesse

I'm not a huge fan of l'homme or la nuit. Libre is much different though, its fresher and much less sweet. I like it for a spring and summer work fragrance, very inoffensive and fresh, the ladies at my work like it more than I do actually. I don't love it, but its pleasant and lasts a long while. Pretty solid fragrance all and all. For some reason I like wearing this on rainy days, the top notes remind me of a rainy spring morning. Not my favorite to be perfectly honest, not sure I would buy it again, but I don't mind having it in the rotation for warmer weather.

Scent: 7.5
Projection: 7
longevity: 7
Overall: 7- pleasant but nothing special

amirabbas
amirabbas

It’s a little strange. I've disliked La Nuit de l`Homme but I really like this one. There are similarities between these two. Maybe its cardamom scent that I don’t like which is present in La Nuit de l`Homme but not in this one.

By the way like other perfume in this category it’s so smooth, interesting, fresh and classy. You don't smell anything sharp in this perfume. It is not linear and changes over time. I think this one is one of those perfumes that no one going to hate.

Sillage is acceptable and longevity is very good. For the first 4 hours it has projection on my skin and after that it became weaker. I can smell it on my wrist after 11 hours.

Highly recommended :)

عجیبه برام که از این عطر خوشم اومد چون من از عطر دیگه از همین شرکت La Nuit de l`Homme اصلا خوشم نیومد. شباهت های زیادی بیان این دو تا هست منتها من اون یکی رو دوست نداشتم. شاید به خاطر بوی هِل باشه که توی اون هست ولی توی این یکی نیست.

مثل بقیه عطرهایی این دسته خیلی نرم و لطیف، جالب، خنک و با کلاسه. بوی خطی هم نداره و در طول ساعت رایحه اش تغییر می کنه. فکر میکنم از اون دسته عطرهایی باشه که هیچ کس ازش متنفر نباشه.

پخش بوی خوبی داره و ماندگاریش هم خیلی عالیه. برای چهار ساعت اول پخش بوی خیلی خوبی داره ولی بعدش ضعیف میشه و من حتی بعد از 11 ساعت هم می تونم بوش رو روی مچ دستم استشمام کنم.

به شدت توصیه میشه :)

Berschwinger
Berschwinger

Hate the opening (dirty spice to me) but love the drydown. Very smooth warmth.

saadiz_flava
saadiz_flava

One of the classiest fragrances that I have. Very non-generic

Dad jax
Dad jax

am i the only one who is having some serious longevity issues on this one?? I mean just an hour or wtf?? after that it smells like some cheap shower gel which reminds of a cheap cosmetic for another 30 mins and then you cant even get the traces of it

binker
binker

One of my favorites in my collection but seems to my nose to be great for fall. Maybe because I wore it so much last fall or I just find it to be too strong spicy woody warm smelling for summer or spring. That is why I bought the libre tonic which I thinks perfect for summer.

WRS67
WRS67

This frag grows on me more every time I wear it. I liked it when I first smelled it at the store, but that "like" may change to "love" after I wear it a few more times. The green and aquatic components hit me first, creating a fresh, clean, "just out of the shower" feel. Then on the dry down the spicy elements really start to come out, giving the frag a nice intrigue. I catch myself sniffing the bottle every time I open up my medicine cabinet.

Even though I'd recommend this for warm weather, I think the spicy notes would work nicely throughout the year. It's pleasant, but not obtrusive, so your coworkers aren't going to go running out of the room when you have this on.

And I can't help but mention the bottle is pretty cool, too.

harpist
harpist

It's strange- usually I hate anise and patchouli (and the combination) in female fragrances but I am so attracted to it in L'Homme Libre. Those are what instantly hit me but they are so well balanced with the other notes. I think the pink pepper is probably what gives this a more feminine edge making the fragrance more rosy. Honestly, I would probably wear this if I could pull it off- it is such a nice and clean fragrance that it's surprising because I would have imagined that the patchouli would have given it an earthy edge. I couldn't stop sniffing from the initial spray! This to me has a soft incense kind of touch that is alluring and makes me crave for a more intense and spicier version. Libre is liberating and refreshing to the nose- however I wouldn't call it too sensual, more like a tender, modern, and attractive young gentleman with all the good qualities of a respectable man. I would want to know more about the person wearing this fragrance...
This has moderate silage for the first 2-3 hours and soft for the next 3-4 hours. Seems to be a safe and inoffensive sent for everyday wear.
This would be my second to my favorite, the original L'Homme which I prefer and love because it is more spicy and seductive. A definite like and appreciation for the dry down. I think it may evolve into a love!

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

this is a fragrance that I spray my hair, while I wear something else in this category, Versace eau fraiche, Burberry touch... body washy, clean hair, deodorant type scent

lalelu
lalelu

i know, it kinda smells like deoderent but still a good scent and the best out of the lomme line

blueribbonbullies

Have to update after thirty minutes..this stuff has some sort of time release for projection..mean it was a skin scent then after 30 minutes to a hour it starts jumping like Jordan off my skin..very STRONG!!!

blueribbonbullies

The basil balances the violet leaf and the pepper adds refinement..like this scent better than ALL the rest from this L'HOMME line of YSL..but to me they ALL are closer to the skin that I would like..would have to spray my shirt to get what I'm looking for in projection

browne54
browne54

Kind of overall just very delightful. Synthetic? yes. But YSL just cant seem to let me down and I should expect nothing less from two of the greatest perfumers ever to live. I find a hard time picking out the individual notes in this one. I definitely can see this "melon accord" some reviewers have stated. But its deeper than that. Its got some spice. The basil/anise combo in this one I detect to be sharp, almost giving it a background minty vibe, if that makes any sense. It gives off such an energetic vibe, youthful, but simultaneously mature. Great for a 20-25 year old male but I could even see this being a wonderful signature for a 35-40 year old gentleman but who is young at heart. I am excited to use this one in the upcoming summer months, I think it will really shine. Its refreshing and the girlfriend is a fan. Overall very pleasant.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

A friend of mine provided a quite good description of l'Homme Libre : "smells like melon, almost feminine". An average scent. Should be good for summer.

JUPITER.12
JUPITER.12

I have been sampling lots of Mens fragrances recently but I couldn't understand why I disliked so many, then I realised it's because many of them are so feminine! Then I tried this one L'Homme Libre (The Free Man), the initial hit is very strong borderline heavy, but after 10 minutes to an hour the drydown is superb. I live 10 min's walk from the ocean, 7 miles of golden beach!. The best analogy I could give to the drydown fragrance is walking along the beach in the evening when all the barbeques are burning, it's like citrus and fresh tobacco leaves smouldering on hot ashes, masculine, fresh, with some tangy depth. Think I'm gonna like this one!. Also, if you aren't sure, spray it on a friend and sniff after a while, it gives a much better idea of the fragrances drydown.

tna11

This will be my most wear this summer 2013 we ride on! love ysl fragrance house! l'homme line is great! if not best but one of the greatest

kenney77
kenney77

One of the best colognes out there I'm glad I have this love the opening very fresh and sexy love the bottle too

5/5 sillage & long lasting
5/5 scent
bottle so gorgeous
one of my favorite from ysl house since this fragrance I now have other series la nuit homme I love all this series probably the best fragrance I have.
This one will always be in my collection

Anup
Anup

Kudos to YSL first off!
I normally find fresh fragrances hard or nearly impossible to review at times because in the end they all end up smelling the same. This is fortunately not the case with L'homme Libre. While this is an undoubtably "fresh" scent it surpassingly differentiates itself massively from and compared to some other best sellers.

The opening to this scent is EXPLOSIVE, but not in a sillage or "sneezy" sort of way.
Herbal qualities and sharp synthetic citruses tantalize the nose. I am also impressed with the opening notes because star anise is a VERY hard aroma to keep tame. There is literally NO detectable structure of the anise, but it is in fact there.
I'd hate to be the guy to say this but, "wonderfully blended" comes to mind.

As time passes the whole thing seems to turn into this pink pepper and sugared fahrenheit violet leaf mush, which is alright by me. This fragrances composition reminds me that of Allure homme by Chanel because no singular note is overtaking the composition yet every note is in fact detectable on some level in some way.

In short.
Fresh, sweet, bright.

iconoclast
iconoclast

I'll second Frangellan's review below, and I also get the resemblance to Nivea's Silver Protect roll-on deodorant - and I'll throw in Malizia Silver Body Spray too. There is also a close resemblence to Kenzo Indigo Pour Homme at the very beginning, before Libre veers off into a more flowery and synthetic direction.

Great sweet start with the penetrating vibrancy of violet leaves and bergamot. Middle notes are more flowery than I would have expected given the potent top notes. Then we reach the feeble base....Libre is like an excitable politician with inspiring promises that ultimately and far too quickly dwindle into vacuous nothingness.

The best aspect of this fragrance is its undoubted versatility and wearability - perhaps that's why it's called 'Libre' (= 'Free')? However I couldn't help but notice it also has a touch of the drugstore scent quality, and having just finished Beckham Sport, I can see that this could just as easily have been (yet) another Beckham fragrance. In summary, I can neither recommend nor reject Libre, but I suspect there are many more interesting ‘blue’ or ‘silver’ smelling fragrances than this out there. Plus, longevity is disappointing at 3-4 hours.

UPDATE: I've noticed that women seem to especially like the smell of this on me, and its fresh and flowery dry down bordering on the feminine has been growing on me recently. Longevity is also better than I have given it credit for at 5 or 6 hrs, and yes the bottle is amazing.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

Libre is one from the L'homme line that often gets overlooked because it's just an OK, unoriginal fragrance. The top and mid reminds me of L'homme but slightly spicier. I'm not a very big fan of the drydown because I get a metallic vibe on my skin. This fragrance is reminiscent of Ferragamos Free Time, but I believe Libre is more wearable and mature. To the person that mentioned pickling juice, I hate you because now I see that lol. I get 6 - 8 hours from this fragrance with a decent scent trail for 3 hours. I'm hoping as the weather gets warmer, I'll learn to love this fragrance.

ismellgood
ismellgood

very classy, but vanishes after one hour. c'mon ysl ur juices are known to last all day, where did you go wrong on this one, time to roll some heads. a very pleasant smell though.

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

Longevity is great, and surprisingly floral for a men's scent. Much more herbal and not as vetivery as I'd like (I'm in search of the perfect vetiver). I'm smelling more violet and basil than anything else.

I think a woman could definitely wear this, sparingly.

ScottyVizz

Funky discombobulated spicy/fresh scent. Not exactly pleasing to the nose. Stick with La Nuit and the original.

gd15329
gd15329

Nah... not bad but nothing special, smells like "watered cotton" to me... I'll pass.

cen3petal
cen3petal

Not really satisfied with longevity, the scent is present for about 3 hours and after that stays only as a trace. Though, i have felt it in a trace after 12 hours which is good, i guess.
BTW, reminds me of Nivea Silver Protect deodorant

Jwaks
Jwaks

@PhattBass
holy crap, what a surprise you say that! I totally agree! My first whiff of this perfume made me think...Damn! It smells like pickling juice! lol Maybe it's the green notes, pepper and basil fooling around with my nose. I have yet to try it on my skin and I hesitate to do only because I don't want to smell like I'm wearing brine. :) Maybe I'll try it someday and find out.
Ok so I admit to only testing it on paper, I'll give it a shot on my skin and edit this review afterwards.

Tried it on my skin and it still smells slightly of pickles, though moreso green spices and violet leaves.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

This is a soft, diaphanous mixture of spices that barely radiates, described as having an ozonic note (ozone is air). It's "safe for work," which means it's the olfactory equivalent of a nap.

I'm amazed at the wide variety of how reviewers read this smell. What I detect as soft spices reviewers here detect as pickles, violets, cucumbers, old books, basil, red wine, mildew, pineapple, berries, pepper and even toilet cleaner!

I think it's way too soft. Others think it's very strong. It gives one person headaches; another person assures us that it will not give anyone headaches. Wow. Are we all smelling the same thing, here?

My wife is indifferent to it.

aliks
aliks

Nice on first spray, then it starts to smell too present for me and to fuity, sweet and chemical. I don't find it really elegant, it is too flashy and it could probably as well be found in a bottle sold under a cheap supermarket brand name here in France. I will try it again to make sure, but this is my impression after having tried it on a whole winter day. I will give it a second chance however as usual before I cross it out from my list.

Edit : I have found approximately the same cologne in a Euro 13 bottle of Playboy Edt (edition New York) sold in any supermarket in France. Try and if it suits you, you will have the same scent for a lot cheaper than the juice sold under the name YSL.

Csakahc
Csakahc

It is a great fragrance! I purchased it a few weeks ago and I'm starting to get used to it. Actually I like it more with every use! The spicy impress gives it a masculine character but it's also really fresh at the same time. I've used it during the day and also at night, as far as I'm concerned it's great for both occasions. Real Yves Saint Laurent quality!

bcire3k
bcire3k

Cucumbers. Smells good though, I like it.

dbouklieva18
dbouklieva18

This juice sure knows how to turn heads...ohh yess sirr!!

muffe
muffe

Smells melon at first. Not sure if masculine. Definately not woods/spicy.

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

Where to start - this is an amazing fragrance.

Initial blast of a green, refreshing, slightly spicy top note.

Dry down very similar to l'homme, but that spicy green note still present.

It is more of a day time fragrance. I can see this for spring or after summer when weather starts to get a little cooler. However, I like it so much I wear it whenever I want.

Average projection, average longevity. I tend to spray my clothes with this fragrance to extend the longevity.

lepper.king
lepper.king

smell good!!!

assisph
assisph

Very versatile, looks good in any weather (even better in the cold) and fixing projection good on my skin. One of my favorites.....
Muito versátil, fica bom em qualquer clima (no frio melhor ainda) fixação e projeção boas na minha pele. Um dos meus preferidos

hugosb
hugosb

woooow! love it at first smell, i just applied it on my arm, and i'm inmediately writing this, it has that feeling of making yourself feel good, like when you know you are ready to go,i can't say too much about longevity or projection (because i just applied it, maybe later i'd say something), but one thing is for sure ...smells reeeeally good!

dooli
dooli

This smells very similar to Blue de Chanel for about an hour. While Blue de chanel chnages to a more woody, this one is very linier...
Bottom line: It smells very nice eventho, I don't like violet leafe in a fragrance. I won't be buying a bottle, but I like it.

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

Very good, underrated and versatile fragrance. To my nose it smells simillar to Gucci Pour Homme II.

ordealbyfire
ordealbyfire

Outstanding scent. It doesn't "morph" much over the time that it's worn, but it doesn't need to. I suppose it has a bit of a fresher smell in the first half hour or so until it dries down, but that's just about it. This is just an interesting fragrance in my opinion, despite the fact that the smell doesn't change as the hours pass (Did I mention that I can quite easily still pick up the aroma on my skin 11 hours later?). It has a woody, spicy, fresh and clean smell, but I swear I get an essence of mint or something in there that puts it over the top.

Certainly a day time fragrance, and one that's ideal for Spring and/or Summer.

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

As soon as I got this and wore it out I was complimented within maybe 15 minutes after getting out of my car. It's a fragrance that can be appreciated by any and all noses. It's a great scent that can be worn wherever and whenever, apparently it also does well at drawing compliments. Overall a good frag by a great designer.

steve0580
steve0580

Wonderful!

Very clean and fresh smelling without being too aquatic. This is a more moderate, soft scent, so it's fine to wear in just about any setting and you won't have to worry about anyone being overwhelmed by it, unless of course, you decide to douse yourself in it.

usurper
usurper

I'm 42 years old so maybe I'm not hip with the times LOL... I think Libre is amazing.... Very High Quality too say the least... This is a very complex smell that hangs around for about 6 hours on my skin. Two sprays is all you need to smell like a million bucks. I remember enjoying a sample I had got at Macy's however now that I purchased the 2 oz bottle it blew me away. I'm glad that alot of folk's do not like it because it wont be over used or overrated with hype. It does sometimes remind me of Kouros but ever so slightly so do not let that deter you from a purchase of this fine cologne. The more you wear it the more you will like it. It is now my top choice out of all of my colognes that I own. When I wear this I know I smell good...

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

The L'Homme line perfected. Masculine violet needs a good home, and it's found one. Star anise, vetiver, and patchouli are a much better home for violet than cedar. This is sumptuous.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Fahrenheit without the petrol

pepsi
pepsi

Opens up with a fairly sweet toilet cleaner-like fresh and clean type of synthetic smell with some spice. The spice dies down and the toilet cleaner smell remains throughout. For a fresh scent this has very good longevity and sillage.

This was definitely not for me, as I disliked the scent and it was also headache inducing. If you don't get a headache and like the smell this could be your thing as the performance is very good.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

My first YSL fragrance. Prior to purchasing Libre, I had visited a shop and tested the following YSL fragrances:

1) Kouros (wasn't too fond of it)
2) La Nuit De L'Homme (loved it, currently waiting for it to arrive)
3) L'Homme (liked it, may purchase in the near future)
4) Libre (I was blown away)

OK I say all of that to say this - Libre impressed me. I know YSL sells a lot of La Nuit, Kouros, and L'Homme, but Libre will be up there soon enough. This fragrance is definitely a good one.

Taking it out of the box and smelling it, I defiitely get the greeny, violet smell. I loved the opening. It feels like a fresh, spicy smell for sure. For the test, I didn't want to use much. I only used 2 sprays because I wanted to test the longevity and sillage. I put it on as soon as my friends and I left the shop and keep in mind, they are very inexperienced when it comes to fragrance. They like the normal favorites (Acqua Di Gio, Abercrombie Fierce, etc). One had bought Nautica Voyage after testing like 30 of the fragrances that I tested and saying they were "ok." He sprayed his and I sprayed mine and we went to eat. The other friend smelled me and said, "That's really growing on me. Libre is good stuff." Made me laugh because an hour before he said it wasn't for him. This scent is one of my favorites in my wardrobe.

I didn't spray any more of it on (I sprayed it at 1 pm) because I had work and was in a hurry. Went into work at 4-1am. At 10, my co-workers were STILL asking me what I was wearing. It definitely lasts a LONG time. After a full day of wearing, here's what I got:

1) Long Lasting
2) Sillage is very good. People noticed it hours after I had first applicated.
3) I was complimented a ton. Mostly by mature women. The young crowd didn't really flock to this one.
4) I LOVE THIS STUFF

Choosing the setting that this fragrance would be ideal, I'd say it's more of a Spring fragrance. It's a fresh scent in my opinion but it's too strong for Summer. I see it working in Fall, possibly Winter. I casually wear it and it seems to do well. I will definitely buy more in the future.

JJ12345
JJ12345

Love the Opening and middle, ending not so much (Kind of reminds me of the original Kouros by YSL in the ending)

619haifisch
619haifisch

Ok, it is interesting how this has been viewed on the whole by the fragrance community.
First few months it was out, there was hate for it, mainly because it was yet another flanker to L'homme, and people are thinking, ' urgh not again!'
But after a few months of testing people are turning round on it..
Personally I have just stopped wearing this now we are in fall, and my impression is simple.
Longevity: 6 to 8 hours. Great for a fresh scent. 8/10
Projection: 4 to 6 hours. Again, awesome.
Versatility: can be worn by near enough anyone
8.5/10. why?
This reminds people of Fahrenheit. It is understandable, the violet is a killer in this one.
Overall: A great staple in a spring / summer collection. Even if you don't notice it on you, other people will, and the ladies love it ! Any other reasons to get it? oh yerh, it is YSL quality.

Vincents1278

I don't get "green" or even violet leaf. Maybe iris and some "fresh" and sweet aroma-chemicals. Sweet and orris root and maybe a touch of grey vetiver. Not bad but no improvement over the original L'Homme.

Poetikbliss
Poetikbliss

Love this fragrance from the YSL house. Its unique, lively, fresh and its last long (not as long la nuit de l'homme but long enough). Libre is a great day scent that though to the wearer it might seem to have faded away, it would surprise you with the compliments you get from the ladies. Lasted 8 hrs on me to my surprise on work when i thought it might've faded - a co-worker just walked up to me 4 in the afternoon, smelt it and asked what on earth was it looking like she wanted to melt - The best part about libre for me is that in my country it's not very well known, so the shock factor is there for me as not much persons wear it (for now). If you liked L'homme and La Nuit, you'll love this.
Sillage: 10/10
Number of Sprays: 3 to 5
Do Not Over Spray on this One

KrakenI98R
KrakenI98R

Bought this at my local Sephora store. Yves Saint Laurent was the only line of cologne there that didn't smell synthetic. Bought Libre because it was summer and because Libre has a very nice Spring/Summer scent to it. Probably one of the best colognes I've bought. I definitely recommend it.

burgundyaltima

nothing impressive..it smells very similar to others..but GIRLS LOVE THIS!.. top notes smells great ..the longevity was a joke.. top notes reminds me of some Old spice aftershave...the dry down kind of reminds me of CK Eternity..i also smell the similarities to bleu in the dry down..

ITS juan
ITS juan

A long time ago ther was a AXE bodyspray called axe touch this smells exactly like it. It smell like cuting a cucumber.

Atticushero
Atticushero

Insanely Peppery, I would not recommend wearing this in the summer. It will be extremely cloying and will offend people in the summer.

jarmine darno
jarmine darno

just got this recently. This doesn't seem to be the consensus, but for me libre is the top choice out of the YSL l'homme line. Really like the smell and have received several compliments.

Lanark
Lanark

Spices. Green. Woods.

Combine together all the ingredients and the result is:

YSL L'Homme Libre, the most masculine fragrance in the L'Homme range.

Could be a signature fragrance. A good one, indeed.

vascobgs
vascobgs

Delicious smell of grapes or faint smell of red wine, from beginning to end. That is, it is very linear in its evolution. Fixing around 6 hours, with good projection without being invasive. The CK Euphoria Men follows a line very similar to the Libre. The first hour of the CH Men also remembers the Libre. It has a slight memory of Libre in the first five minutes of Chanel Bleu.

juiceboxking
juiceboxking

this might sound crazy but this stuff smells like pineapple to me lol. i was honestly surprised to learn that it isn't a note in it...

scenturian

This is the only fragrance which I detect all notes individually.

Invocati
Invocati

Very nice. Smells a bit like burberry touch, but lighter. Woody, violet & fresh. I like it a lot and will buy it later on.

Winterbourne
Winterbourne

The opening notes I find a bit harsh and off-putting, the heart inoffensive and bland somewhat, and the base the one redeeming factor for this fragrance, which I find superb; like the reviewer below on the leather note, that's exactly what I get in the drydown commingled with patchouli. This scent is most useful for work and class environments where you'll come across as smelling pleasant without overpowering anyone, so long as you wait half an hour before making your entrance. Libre has decent longevity, soft-moderate projection, and is a "safe" go-to-when-I-can't-make-my-mind-up type of scent. It's versatile enough that it could be worn year around, although spring through fall would be its prime seasons. And whereas I do perceive it to be a little dull in some respects, I can at least compliment it on standing out from the vast majority of "fresh" scents with citrusy notes that pervade the market.

stromboli77
stromboli77

Just picked this up today. Although I might need more time to make a complete judgement my first impression is on the positive side. Hearing how this fragrance was designed for the mass market is very misleading. Its an arguable point but to write something off just because its to "safe" doesn't sit well with me. Everybody has different tastes anyway. If you don't like it thats one thing, end of story. If you do then great. I happen to fall in the category of people who like it. The opening is on the fresher side, a little green a little sweet but blends down to a VERY spicy and slightly leathery drydown. To my nose it kinda comes at you in the same way chanel allure homme does. Its partly fresh, mostly spicy, and sweet all at the same time. There has to be a leather note in this. I'm suprised it wasn't mentioned but I can definately pick it out. It really brings the whole thing together for me. In a fragrance world dominated by "fresh smelling aquatics" this one does a good job standing on its own feet. Oh yeah, its about as versatile as a fragrance can be. Can be used ANYWHERE. Solid projection and longevity. Hightly recommended

ssyed1
ssyed1

I think this is a good everyday/go to class cologne. It smells fresh and clean with some spice and a little sweetness (always a plus). For some reason, I perceive a ginger note or something close to it, I can't quite describe it.

On my skin, Libre projects a bubble with a 2 feet radius for a good 3 hours and then remains close to the skin for another 3 hours

Nice bottle design...

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

This fragrance opens with a cotton candy citrus note, definitely bergamot in there. It dries down nicely and is brisk and astringent. The longevity on me, and the projection is incredible. All day, into the evening. I think flankers get a bad rap on this board from some, especially the "sport" scents. They may appeal to younger folks, but that isn't a reason to throw them under the bus.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

it is a weird franker of original L'Homme..I dont like the plastic cap too....not interested it at all.

Marcos Oliveira

ao usa-lo você sente uma leveza envolvida com liberdade e te proporcionando paz...muito bom para dias quentes ,fragancia sensual para quem se aproxima de você...o rastro fica no ar e caminha ao olfato alheio de forma suave e verdeada doce,fazendo se sentir muito bem a quem sente.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Comparing with others quality & memorable YSL frags like Opium, RiveGauche, M7...this release is a perfect image of sell percents and agresive marketing today.
I gave this one another big chance yesterday and still nothing for me: unoriginal, 'seen thousand times before' type, etc.
First thing that cross my mind smelling it, was the specific fragrances store smell, that floats in the air, filled with all mixed synthetic molecules. 'Meh' again.
Smashing sweet violets with a dash of pepper and faint woods thrown in it...the safe recipe for mass satisfaction these days (check other houses 'modern' releases...). Sorry YSL, for this mess only 6.5/10. ☣☣

Marcos Oliveira

viciante,combina com tudo !!! discreto e elegante sem deixar de ser casual e moderno...intrigante pq tem um DNA de fragancia classica. fixa bem e projeta 1/2 metro.

Cocosette
Cocosette

Nothing new here. Boring!

Endymion

So I tested it. And I'm very surprised. So many raving reviews, very good ratings and...
I'm sorry but this scent has no character for me at all. A nice, inoffensive, simple office fragrance nothing else.

This really counts "Amazing!" in 2012? I'm confused.

Lance
Lance

BEAUTY-FULL!!!

Quick sampling on cloth: I'm getting a mild violet leaf with spices and some sweetness. If there's patchouli here it must be as minimal as possible. Perhaps there's a hint of woods, but this is about all I'm detecting here (not including top notes, which I try to avoid), other than obvious musk. It's versatile and pleasant, but for me it can only function as a change of pace, because of its simplicity.

aventus88
aventus88

boring! they should get Tom Ford back !

KeithScar
KeithScar

libre is the 2nd best fragrance in the YSL house next to l'homme in my opinion. Libre is a very sweet calm cologne that is all purpose, meaning you can wear this in all seasons day or night for

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

A total flop and a dissonant mess.

s.w.
s.w.

just amazing and very classic fragrance, for the man who knows what he wants in this life. mystic and masculine the same time. i bought it today for my brother, hope he'll like it as much as i liked!

scenturian

Best release from YSL within last decades.
Projection and longevity are super too.
Can be worn anywhere all year round.
As I reviewed before this is green woody peppery very masculine perfume.
Highly recommended.

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

This one is truely unique. Very earthy with a dash of crushed berries. It smells amazing, after my husband put it on it smelled like he walked throught the woods picking berries. It has a great balance.

plastik
plastik

Green, but also very sweet. I'd imagine it must be the pink pepper. May be too sweet for some people, like me.

Marcos Oliveira

realmente lembra biotherm force,porem mais equilibrado e sofisticado,cumpre bem a proposta,a fragancia em si supera de longe o biotherm. libre é muito bom,fixa mediano mas tem uma fragancia conquistadora.

qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id
qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id

Smell like Touch Burberry

svillatoro

If this is like biotherm force I would have to throw away my 100 frag collection..... Try it yourself and you will be delighted... And as the review below says: don't be tricked by HIS review...

periquito89
periquito89

I´m editing my previous review. Libre reminds in some degree Kenzo Indigo and Biotherm Homme. Both good scents. Libre is creamy and warm. Warm because the spices I think. I don't enjoy it very much; I think La Nuit is a more pleasant, but less serious. Givenchy Only Gentleman is creamy and warm, but I prefer Libre (less boring than that Givenchy).

Marcos Oliveira

fragancia sofisticada,sutil que projeta 1/2 metro no maximo,uso casual,combina com todo tipo de roupa e etc...fixa relativamente bem,so quando chegar o verão aqui no Rio de Janeiro vou descobrir sobre a fixação,adocicado no fundo refrescante,muito bom perfume.

relevos
relevos

I Like the fragrance, but im so sory for the longevity

Auskk25
Auskk25

Agreed with other reviewer, it does smell similar to a sport deodorant.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

strong, masculine and slightly cool! for adult and young man who want something more than the usual young fragrances, with a good longevity and projection! I want it!

vxgas
vxgas

Very strong, very spicy. Stands out at a night club but not for those who like fresh and clean.

micrtin
micrtin

I just bought a bottle, my third of YSL and this one is really a srtong effort from the house in my opinion. It's geared toward summer but has real substance to me as opposed to all those sport or summer flankers that almost every designer house seems to be putting out this year. Its also not a simple aquatic. It's sweet, but not overly sweet like La Nuit. I'd say it is well balanced so can be worn really on any occasion, any season. I do see Some resemblance to Bleu.... it seems to be the same general type of scent, but prefer this one. It has this "blue" quality to it, if I may associate a color to a scent, and the bottle does seem to portray that.
Longevity and projection on me are really among the best of my collection, but again, it's of course going to be a bit less noticeable than La Nuit. If you aim is to get a lot of people around to notice, go for La Nuit, real powerful
Another 10/10 for this one, I think its just an amazing fragrance. I can't really decifer the notes, but I get some fruit, spices well blended. It is a little more masculine than original l'homme, and to me had more depth , so for these reasons if I had to choose I would pick this one, but I do own both

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

girls love this!!!!!! lasts all day on my skin too!!!

Justice Glaster
Justice Glaster

Maybe its just me but this stuff smells dead on like "Stetson Black". A trained nose probly would know the diff between the two but a teen jumping/following hype train would not

ROMIOS
ROMIOS

SUPER REFRESHING FRAGRANCE !

AntonyMcCracken

The smell is not very "deep", and the drydown not amazing, BUT there are some really good points. It projects quite well, compared to all my other fragrances... so it´s quite strong. And it gives you a warm feeling. And it´s perfect for any occasion, for anything you are wearing. It is very legère, perfect when I am wearing jeans and a T-shirt but also suitable for special occasions when I have to wear a suit. To sum it up: Strong, good projection, warm and spicy, very variable: for any occasion, simple, good quality. There are many really good scents out there, some of them I love..... But from time to time I like a simple, strong and warm (when it´s cold and wet during summer for example) fragrance. That´s L´homme libre.

gill007
gill007

bought it six months ago. loveeeeee this thing !!!! i can smell it on my collar all day. stays around for about good 7-9 hrs for me. lots of compliments. lov it..!!!! its a lady killer for sure !! n could b worn all year around.

ArkangeL

I've reviewed this fragrance, but I would just like to add that if there were to ever be a Dior Fahrenheit Eau Fraiche, this would be it. The next time you breathe this in, just think of Fahrenheit and see if it jogs across your scent memory... even if just a little.

ganabalong
ganabalong

L'Homme libre, although its a fresh fragance i think that can be used in every season, have pepper, basil and butmeg notes that do you feel "comfortable" in cold season...longevity and projection are better than L'homme original.
The Bottle is wonderful!...

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

Yes this fragrance is different. It opens up with the fresh green and then it reminds me of a jolly Rancher. I got to say I had mix feeling about the opening, but then we have the dry down! I could only speak for my skin. I was amazed it remind me of Creed Aventus.

svillatoro

This would be my 4th L'homme in my collection and I definitely love it... Worth the try... Higly recommended...

AntonyMcCracken

This fragrance is not average. It is simply different. As the name says, it is for a free man, who not necessarily want´s to attract women with this fragrance, or who want´s a very complex or "deep" scent. Reactions to this fragrance that I got were all, oh what´s that? It´s really a little bit as in the commercial video clip, where the people around the young man wearing this, look up with a smile in the face. I also got this reaction. This fragrance is for situations when you feel good, you are free and you are in a good mood and you want people around you to recognize this. You will definitely attract attention with this one! And for this reason it is simply fun wearing this fragrance from time to time.... PS: Sorry for the bad english, I am from europe..

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Sweet green slightly sour.
Between eau par kenzo indigo and Ck euphoria IMO,it has nothing to do with Bleu de Chanel.
Appealing , nice and suitable for spring and fall.
Longevity and projection seems just like the scent ...average.

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

Daring and Bold! Long lasting, and fresh. Definitely not one of my favorites, and this must be a natural ingredient and high quality because the ingredients actually mess with my allergies! LOL! Of course, we'd *assume* YSL will be high quality, but you know how some designers think they know a thing or two about fragrances and just ride on their name.

liqueurdechaos
liqueurdechaos

Fresh and youthful? I guess everyone has their own associations with things... Very leafy and green, dominated by violet leaf and basil. Too dominated by herbal smell to really call this a "spicy" fragrance.

Honestly what I get as an overall impression is mildew and old books. Musty, dusty and old smelling. This is almost the furthest thing from fresh! It does have a lot of body though and if you love the smell of old books you will be in love :)

AntonyMcCracken

I like it because it is spicy and a little bit sweet but not heavy at all. Instead it is very fresh. And it stays very long on my skin. Top notes are great to me, in the middle it loses the freshness a little bit. In the end it is not so good anymore. Overall, I really like it when I go out during spring and summer, when work is done, and I am free to do what I like to do..... than this one is the right one for me.

Skynet333

This is THE scent for the man who wants to be noticed!!! Very clean and unusually masculine scent that once you spray it on, women say, "Damn!! You smell good" and men asks, "dude, what is that you have on, and where did you get it!!!" And this attention is not just at work, its everywhere I go. This YSL has found the unique combination of light citrus, fresh and mint scents while staying masculine with longevity and power. I have been using cologne since middle school and I have NEVER smelled any quite like this. It is the Holy Grail of fragrances! I'm on my SECOND bottle!

Linden
Linden

Starts out cool fresh and then sour-green; it took me a while to see what had been bugging me: it's almost a bit like dill pickles. As the scent develops it gets a bit spicier and more masculine, but sadly, overall it's unremarkable and too synthetic; hard to distinguish from body spray. There is an allusion to Drakkar in the drydown, which is nice, but overdone already and lacks the depth and character I would expect from YSL.

dsjfkslj
dsjfkslj

I love this fragrance. The patchouli and bergamont and basil make for a fresh laid back scent. I've gotten more compliments from women in the past month than i have with every other cologne combined.

nando80
nando80

Just got this as a gift from the wifey and man does it smell great! This is not the typical citrusy aquatic scent that most men's cologne seem to have these days. Not that I mind citrusy aquatic smells but after so many different fragrances having the same similar scent, it can get repetitive. The combination of the violet leafs with the ozonic watery scent notes I get from L'homme Libre are exquisite and different! Great for day or night, good projection and longevity I don't get the same type of similar scent as Davidoff Echo as others have mentioned.. L'homme Libre is steps above Davidoff Echo by far and in my opinion different from the other L'homme scents..

Update:

I have been noticing the longevity is very good but not excellent. Wont surpass 6+ hours unless you drench yourself.. Still though projection is very good and it is still an exquisite unique fragrance in my opinion that will get you noticed in a good way!

dmoman
dmoman

Decent fragrance, but by far the worse of the flankers. L'homme and nuit de l'homme are both a classic in my eyes. Haven't tried the parfum version of nuit de l'homme but heard it was good to. Not the same scent but has a simular vibe to Burberry touch just one is more spicy while touch is a bit sweeter....touch is better though. I know this flanker thing is making $$$ but they are running out of good ideas thus to me its a disappointment.

OZ
OZ

I don't really get the similarity between this one and Bleu. If I have to compare the two, it's much lighter, sweeter, less spicy and more citrusy. The dry down however is much better then Bleu. Libre doesn't project as much on my skin unfortunately but the longevity is pretty good.

scenturian

Has nothing to do with Chanel Bleu.
Very green dominated by violet leafs.
Other noticeable notes are basil, patchouli and pepper. Good fragrance but nothing original, well known theme.
Quite similar ones just came to my mind are, St.Dupont Passenger, Davidoff Echo, Burberry Beat, CK Truth etc.
Btw the most masculine one in the whole line of L-Homme.

yazounet
yazounet

It has nearly the same notes with Davidoff Echo. A lot of green leaf inside. Starts with a burst of green garden which is very refreshing. After that you smell anis. This fragrance is suitable for anybody who prefers staying fresh,clean, casual. But I wouldn't buy this one as everybody around smells exactly the same with Bleu and Echo.

urobian
urobian

It is a fact that has remembrances to Bleu and Kenzo Indigo, but differs in some angles. In this case presents a subtler way, a wet and luminous lines compared to the rough and misty kenzo being somewhat less complex, easier and more acceptable to the nose. When compared with the Chanel, Libre is more fruity, more watery and possibly more herbal, green with a floral intensity leaving less woody end line and opening a much more stimulating and enjoyable. YSL Libre is undoubtedly a point between kenzo indigo and blue chanel but differs in the way in which our perception and experience enjoy it.

misterjohn
misterjohn

I tried a sample of this fragrance this morning. It's wonderful. The violets and pepper blend beautifully to make an extremely enticing scent. While it's only been about 4 hours, it's still going strong both in terms of longevity and projection for me.

It reminds me of Dior Homme, but with more pepper. More in a bit after I enjoy the conclusion of this fragrance.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

L'Homme Libre is a wonderful fragrance and very enjoyable. The free man is right you feel free and alive. This is my favorite from YSL.

frangellan
frangellan

While this smells GREAT out of the bottle with a very intense opening, it unfortunately dies rather quickly into a subtle, faintly noticeable scent. Sillage and longevity are a real problem here in my opinion. I know it's not a fake since I got it at Macy's. A shame too since it is such a nice fragrance. Do the Bleu if you want a similar type with some citrus and incense added in the mix. I'll save this for summer.

Vincents1278

Smells a lot like Bleu de Chanel but without the load of grapefruit up front. This is probably why I prefer the Homme Libre - it is more balanced than a lot of other modern, slick, oriental pepper style fougere scents of today. I get that it's green and ozone and a light touch of vetiver but categorizing as woody-spicy I don't understand. If anything I'd say marine like a regular calone type of scent but without the load of bergamot. There's nothing woody going on here.
This is nice for daytime and office safe. Fresh and classy with a nice dry down that doesn't last more than 4 or 5 hours on my skin. Works well for me as a sometimes day-time scent. Something nice you can spray on when you get dressed to add a subtle ambience to your person.

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

I started wearing this fragance with that annoing idea of "it remind me of something else", or "i've smell it before" just at the very first seconds of the opening, but then it become a totally diferent scent and stands alone in quite sevaral issues, its fresh but not that watery that implies poor longevity, (indeed better longevity than my issey miyake summer 2009), projection is good also but where it stands alone for this kind of fragances is in the complement factor...this is AMAZING better than Issey Miyake l'Eau d'ete 2009 again (never though it coul be possible) and when you think it is gone suddenly you feel again.
I dont understand why so many complaints on YSL making this, but i have to agree it has nothing in common with previous l'homme and la nuit

Just for the record: theres 4 members who says it reminds them of Leau par Kenzo Indigo, NO that is unwearable, this is one of the most pleasant scents i weared lately (i have a full unused 100ml bottle of lpk indigo) you cant go wrong with this
THIS IS A TRUE SAFE BLIND BUY

Update: Just being a casual scent you can wear it to hit the gym too, there it just take a new dimension and value! (actually i wear it just to gym by now)

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

This is an amazing interesting fresh outdoorsy scent. Green is a great way to describe it because I instantly thought grass when I smelled it. I couldn't stop smelling it. It's not over powering and if you tend to get headaches from strong colognes this is sure to please. It's light but still obvious.

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

I've been looking a hell of a long time for a new fragrance that really suits and makes me interested. I'm a Paco Rabanne Black XS lover for years, but I wanted badly something new for spring and summer.

I've been flirting with L'homme and L'homme Nuit from YSL, but L'homme Libre was the one who got me away. It's a fresh, joyful, delicious fragrance - even though, it remains masculine and bold.

It seems all the notes were well balanced on L'homme Libre, which makes it really pleasant for a day by day parfum. I also find it perfect for spring and summer evenings.

Refreshing, charming and confident. L'homme Libre is a great surprise. Modern, classy and not a cliché.

alexklempay
alexklempay

Got a sample from Xbox LIVE. I'd give it about an 8 - it smells like mint and pepper.. It's not bad, but it seems a bit pricy compared to La Nuit... then again, I prefer it to La Nuit.

scottwayne
scottwayne

Fantastic sporty cologne. The girls in the office love it. Smells very similar to Bond No. 9 I Love NY for Him except Libre lasts longer and has better projection. Libre lasts about 6 hours. One of my favorites.

antonpan
antonpan

I'm a big fan of the regular L'Homme so I had extremely high expectations on this... I tried it and finally don't understand all the delight. The fragrance is quite ordinary and synthetic to my mind. It starts similar to the fresh sweet melony opening of Bleu de Chanel. But if Blue then turns into a remarkable woody spicy scent, this one becomes green and herbal, still being fruity and synthetic (like, for example, Hugo Just Different). Unfortunately, I haven't noticed here the quality of previous YSL releases. The longevity is poor on me, as well as the sillage. Yes, L'Homme Libre is modern fresh scent, but it is more of Hugo genre than of YSL.

P.S. I find it very similar to Biotherm Homme Force.

Voile
Voile

This opens with a citrus freshness then becomes metalic tweedy. Eventually reminds me of CK Eternity which a friend of mine was pickled in as long as I knew him. Note the noses responsible. Not going to be popular with niche lovers or gourmands. I could have happily taken a pass on this.

Now this is really growing on me. More sophisticated than Bleu. I don't know where people keep comparing this to Blue, but this one and that...is the choice.

Good projection and longevity on me. A different animal than L'homme and La Nuit de L'homme. They just share the same name.

ScottyVizz

Despite the attached name, Libre is a different breed from the YSL L'Homme series. I thoroughly enjoy Libre and actually prefer it over the oddly popular YSL L'Homme.
Libre has a backbone that many are failing to recognize. It has a strong yet balanced punch of spices (anise and violet) to complement the citric extracts. The quality is present, and the longevity and projection are above average on me.

HAJ
HAJ

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

murysusanto
murysusanto

Very very good creation of YSL, this is entirely different to the YSL L'HOMME collection.
The notes are common, there's no rarity used but I guess the creator blends it well, making it one perfect scent.
A must have to my collection

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

L'homme fused with Chanel Blue, decent projection, decent longevity...complement factor is out of sight!!! <3 smells amazin

ikipi
ikipi

It is true that much tired "version" of the same fragrance, but in this case should not be fooled by the bottle. Go to content that is after all what is most interesting.
This is a wonderful fragrance, masculine, balanced, elegant, professional, widely used, just enough spicy and very durable. Not for summer, in my view more appropriate for spring to fall. For my taste without doubt the best of the series.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I am surprised that this one smells so feminine to me. I thought that i was on the Estee Lauder side of the fragrances... not a good look.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A masculine, mid-mature scent which is familar and common place and is what, perhaps.., many women find sexy..

0-5 mins - Strong, pungent, very familiar, a replica of a smell which began in ernest approx 8-10 years ago. Your average man in a bottle. Then the penny drops, this is not so much similar to other perfumes, instead at many times, it is 90% the same as heavy sport deodarant...white deodarant powder in the armpits, men's changing rooms, football, Saturdays, covered in mud, followed by showers..barber shop. Sometimes powdery which reminds me that this is actually a perfume and then the above memory is gone, then lost...Projection approx 1-2 foot around

5 mins- 4 hours - Linear, though dilutes, and then starts to be a little bit spicy. Manly scent indeed. This is what I feel many women would like, with perhaps them thinking that they like their man to smell like a man, but not too mature. However, I feel some men and women, with a refined nose or youth, may not like this, but on the whole this is what you wear to attract women when you are playing the odds game or if you want to feel more manly in a stereotypical way.. Projection approx 1.5 foot

4 hours - 7 hours - Little bit spicier, but sport deodarant smell remains. Little bit soapy sometimes. Projection approx 1 foot

Many may find this very useful!

dompakawx
dompakawx

ill rate this after i wear it out. I just got a bottle the other day and havent gotten the chance to wear it yet.some of you guys reviews are making me reconsider lol

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I haven't reviewed a fragrance in over a year. I feel like I must come back and defend this fragrance! I really don't see how this fragrance is being bashed so much! I mean, look at the vote columns, majority is "love"! and I'm apart of that column because i fell in love with l'homme libre at first whiff!

Is it fresh? Yes. Is it sporty? Yes. Youthful? Yes. Cheap smelling? Hell no! This is *my* perfect daily wear cologne. It instantly became my favorite when it hit my nose. it's so light, refreshing, and masculine all at the same time. The bergamot stays so fresh throughout all the stages of drydowns and that pink pepper is oh so complimentary. i also feel Libre tells its drydown stories well because it seemed like i was wearing something different every couple hours. I had to keep checking my arms to see if that AMAZING fragrance was still me. LOVE IT!

Check out the advertisement video for this. It describes the scent perfectly. A man dancing down a busy city street in a suit. It's a fun fragrance!

It smells like Chanel Bleu no doubt infused with the original l'homme which is a great thing if you ask me! It's like a daytime version of Bleu.

Heh, i tried to recreate that combo buy spraying both one on top of the other and it was a huge fail. Just doesn't work! I actually kept smelling both colognes separately.

Please give this fragrance a chance. It may not be a super complex fragrance but it sure as hell smells fantastic. I do think this juice will get praise in the future. Once upon a time we all hated Bleu... did we not?

twlahue
twlahue

Nothing great.
Starts off similar to Bleu de Chanel. Has more pepper.
Bleu de Chanel dominates all over this one.
For me, it is not a keeper.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I agree with Armaniboy, this is very similar to Bleu De Chanel more spicey and less citrus but you can tell they have danced together a few times!

It is good if you don't own Chanel or something along that line but if you do, this is definitely nothing unique. A perfect Christmas gift though!

ECWANIMAL
ECWANIMAL

Very fresh scent with aquatic notes. Longevity is great on this one 6-8 hours it also has the tea smell that the original L'Homme has.

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

Another disappointing fragrance...

In addition: instead of develop, disappears already after two hours.

I think that the last good fragrance from YSL was M7.

ravjan
ravjan

It just dawned on me as I'm wrist-testing it for the third time that this thing is just sooo like Shiseido's Zen for Men. Unfortunately, a major disappointment in my book. Perhaps L'Homme Libre is a bit spicier...
The bottle is beautiful. I also like the TV ad. It just seems that violet leaves and pink pepper are not my kind of stuff. Pity!
Now as I keep sniffing my wrist, I'd say it's nice. But nice's not enough.

jtappenden

Very aromatic with great longevity.A superb fragrance.

jtappenden

Fresh,bracing,invigorating & masculine.Top notes are very attention-grabbing.Dry-down resembles Dior Higher & Higher Energy.Very sophisticated & contemporary.Just fabulous.

$$
$$

Did i buy this colonge!I went out a couple nights ago put this on my neck and chest and immediatly women were like damn u smell good.THIS SCENT CANT BE DUPLICATED IT SMEELS LIKE NO OTHER BRAND.FIRE!!!

TheCrazyMD
TheCrazyMD

Just got to sample it at an undisclosed location, and it was love at first sniff. Spicy, but not in an abrasive manner at all. Very smooth, all the way through. You want fresh done right? Check out L'homme Libre! When I marked that I want this one, I mean 'I will buy it at release,' which can't come soon enough.

Jean-Baptiste
Jean-Baptiste

This is very spicy. Drydown is very similar to Ferrari Extereme because they both have nutmeg. With my stuffy nose I can't tell the diffrence between their drydowns.

svillatoro

this is marketing guys... if the name is working for them why should they take it off.... Would you eliminate Pepsi or Coke from sodas...or Colgate?

Of course fragrance lovers expect NEW things coming up every day, but go to the movies, there is NOTHING new... just the same stories from the seventies and 80'S but they are still making good money...

ArkangeL

As I'm leaving work this evening, I'm handed a bag of gratis. As my supervisor passes me these mystery products, I'm under the assumption that there's only more makeup and cosmetics that I'll have no use for... until the moment I immediately locked eyes with a 1.0 oz prototype bottle of YSL Libre. Giddy I was to have a new and anticipated launch before it's initial release. Due to drowning myself in Play Intense, I had to wait until I had a shower to get acquainted.

After spraying... I wanted more. There was something it just wasn't giving me. The notes were not properly delivered. Star anise, pink pepper, nutmeg, patchouli and it still somehow managed to present itself as clean. From beginning to end, Libre shows off as an aromatic and in its progressed moments it develops a slightly powdery quality. I like it, and that's just it... a very solid "like." It's really not YSL's style to make something so CLEAN and aromatic. The violet leaf and pink pepper dominates here I must say, keeping all other notes in check. You can absorb only hints of nutmeg, so if you're expecting a feel similar to Azzaro Visit, forget it. The anise is being bullied into not showing up and the vetiver is very shy.

Dr. Smellgood
Dr. Smellgood

I have a bottle. Yes, I know it hasn't launched yet, but I'm friends with a vendor who has access to it. Friends...this scent is glorious!! I've never been impressed with L'Homme or La Nuit de L'Homme, but this new entry into YSL's stable is a breathtaking departure from its usual offerings. It is masculine, but not overpowering. It's sweet enough to balance the leather accord, but keeps from dancing too close to being feminine. Keep your eyes peeled for its launch. If you need a bottle, hit me up at my counter in a couple of months and we'll do business. lol :)

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I feel all you guys, really!! Its really getting out of hand, although I really wann try this too... lol, they should come up with new fragrances. hahahahhahaa, I was talkin without knowing that they are nearly a whooping 7-8 L´Hommes now, I thought they were just 5, aww my God, there´s seemingly many of them I didnt know existed, aww Boy, this is REALLY becoming rediculous. lmao

Edit.

I tried this and its number 2 in the whole L´Homme family behind La nuit D L´Homme, this is very masculine and casual, so warm and sweet and the sillage is also above average, longevity was average on me BUT besides that this is gorgeous, unfortunatley I only have samples but am plannin on gettin maself a bottle... would look really good besides its DARKER BRO La Nuit D L`Homme lmao. My recommendations on this one.

querelle
querelle

This madness feels like my mum's obsession to have the same couch cover in different colours..
Just don't buy it.

PivoineRouge
PivoineRouge

As much as I loved Yves Saint Laurent, this is driving me slightly insane. I love l'Homme, bought the Nuit, gave an arm to get Gingembre since it's not in the shops over here... and then when I was gloating over the fact that I did, in fact, have the gingembre, I see the YSL is coming out with yet ANOTHER l'Homme. I understand the obsession with this series, but quite honestly, they really need to come up with a new fragrance and stop recycling. I see this with Marc Jacobs as well (as someone said, the daisies are turning into weeds...).

Yes, YSL, I understand the perfumes are no longer a luxury commodity but mass-marketed and therefore make it cheap and sell quickly is the motto. And I'm not blaming anybody, but this is getting out of hand.

Because I loved the Opium and Paris and Rive Gauche, this "let's recycle because we're out of ideas" is very upsetting. I've expected better.

That being said, I'm going to end up buying this fragrance anyway. Just because I can't stand not having a complete collection...

Endymion

Okay, you got me with this bottle! :) This looks rockin'! ;)
I thought that it would be green (maybe my preconception is based on YLS's old Eau Libré).
So, I want it :)

Still... I'm fed up with the "new versions" of popular fragrances! It seems that we have a new version of L'homme every single year:

L'homme
La Nuit de L'homme
La Nuit de L'homme Le Parfum
L'homme Cologne Gimberge
L'homme Libre
... next year?
L'homme Intense/Extreme

I bet we soon will see L'homme Sport! But please stop it!!! Don't fritter a successful creation! Nobody wants 20 versions of a fragrance :(
Do only summer or limited editions, we can (maybe) keep up with them (not with Issey Miyake or Gaultier, I don't have that much money :))))

Ps. have you ever seen that the face of the fragrance didn't say anything good about the fragrance? :) It think perfume marketers have a bullshit-generator which only changes some words and expressions :)

L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent 3.90 out of 5 based on 954 ratings and 208 user reviews

L'homme Libre Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 1.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
L'homme Libre Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent - 1.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre 1.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre 1.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre Eau De Toilette Spray 40ml 1.3oz
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre Eau De Toilette Spray 40ml 1.3oz
L'homme Libre Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre 2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.0 oz
FragranceShop.com
L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz
L'HOMME LIBRE for MEN by Yves Saint Laurent SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 1.6 OZ SHOWER GEL 1.6 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.