Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

L'Homme Parfum Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men

L'Homme Parfum Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

At the end of August 2013Yves Saint Laurent will offer another version of the original fragrance L'Homme from 2006. The first fragrance was succeeded by several different versions, most of which were created for warm days. As contrast to fragrances L'Homme L'Eau d'Ete, Cologne Gingembre, LIbre or L'Homme Tonic launched this year, Yves Saint Laurent announces a more intense L'HOMME PARFUM INTENSE.

The new perfume, L'Homme Parfum Intense will announce the fall collection by YSL. The warmer and more intense composition is signed by perfumers Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion, created of a blend of citruses, spices, woody and floral notes. The perfume opens with lemon, bergamot and black pepper. Heart of the composition is highlighted with orange blossom and Indian davana blossom (artemisia), along with woody accords and ambergris in drydown.

The fragrance arrives in a flacon shaped like previous editions with hexagonal stopper made of silver metal, differing in color of liquid, which is colored in warm amber shade this time. YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense will be available as 60 and 100ml.

Lemon Bergamot Black Pepper

Artemisia Orange Blossom

Woody Notes Ambergris

Fuel For Life Spirit

L'Homme Parfum Intense Fragrance Reviews

lou6
lou6

Good fragrance! I own a sample Pretty similar to 1 million. the juice is powerful, the scent is pretty linear
Good sillage and longevity, even in heavy sweat while dancing in club.but I will not buy in full size. I strongly prefer 1 million to this because of its complexity

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

A bit sweeter and brighter than the La Nuit De L'homme.
The pepper is amazing really. you'd never expect that from pepper.
Reminds me of Dior Homme Intense, for that powdery, sweet, expensive perfume note that lingers at the end.

Longevity is great.
Sillage is great, and gets compliments frequently.

If you're a dandy guy.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Knows2Nose, if you've ever read Archie Comics you'll realize that Jughead had the hots for Veronica...especially her warm cookie, hot buns, and other baked goods. Capiche?

Regarding L'Homme Intense Parfum...well, I sampled it this evening while at the local Sephora. I was shocked and stunned! No, not by the scent of this fragrance but the fact I had no idea of its existence; this one took me completely by surprise.

Anyway, I thought it was nice..really nice. On the plus side, it smelled really great (a lightly-spiced, amber and woods scent) and with perfume performance. Moreover, L'HIP was quite a bit different than L'Homme...yet, it wasn't too different. I later noticed it had a prominent ambergris note (which I love) even though it was synthetic and came across, to me, as being amber - still, it was nice. I wasn't sure if was bottle-worthy, but it was certainly worth checking-out further.

On the negative side, although this is certainly a nice scent...well, I it just didn't have me mesmerized nor sniffing my wrist. It's just a nice fragrance, and it's not L'Homme or La Nuit. Plus, *poof* in was gone in a just 4-5 hours. L'Homme Intense Parfum is an expensive designer fragrance--$100 for 100ml--so I was expecting it to perform batter; I expected 8+ hours on my skin.

I like it, but I cannot justify the price nor is it something that I really need to add to my fragrance wardrobe. But I can certainly understand how some would love this one.

pjd1234
pjd1234

my impressions of this parfum version of lhomme. I sampled and wore this 3x now and ill be honest this is not better than the original version the original is strikingly unique and at first spray you will fell in love with it. I hardly tried to feel the same way with this parfum version but as hard as I can I really cant justify it. It didn't strike me as the original i get longevity of 7 hours max sillage moderate at best but mostly skin scent past 2 hours. I do get the citrus openings but I really cant find or detect the woodiness at the base and the price?? its just un justifiable very weak for a parfum IMO. Why not make the original thicker?? rather than making a flanker that does not relate of the original my recommendation TRY IT FIRST don't blind buy in the hopes that youre getting a better perfume than the original cause your not.

birkanalayci
birkanalayci

No ginger. Unfortunately.

nyalta77
nyalta77

Why the disgruntled comments about Scentpanthers post? Scent awakens yours memories:) with the females, we are always sharing our intimate perfume stories, it's only natural, that's the beauty of fragrance. What I don't like is posts like I don't like it...etc one line reviews, pointless, there's no substance to those ones:/ I think his post is poetic and 10 000xs better than 'this ones a panty dropper', gross, made me feel ill writing that...
Update: Ok, so I just looked at his profile and other reviews, he's a storyteller, that doesn't mean he's wrong, look at all his balloons, not everyone's tastes, but still a nice change from the politically correct and mundane.

Oslogirl
Oslogirl

In my opinion, his is one of the nicest mens perfume there is. My boyfriend has it, and I think it smells so sexy. It is a perfect balance between masculine, soft, spicy and a little sweet. To me (or should I say, on him) it is more amber-peppery-sweet than citrus, which I think is good because too much citrus stings my nose. Would highly recommend this if it works well with your skin chemistry!

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

How come I can't find this ANYWEAR? Beall's, Dillard's, Macy's, and Drug Emporium doesn't have this in stock. They actually never even HEARD of this one. What's the deal??

josevancouver

Every time I want to sell this or give it away, I smell it and realize it's pretty good.

Someone commented below that this reminds them of 1 million. I would agree. While I don't like 1 Million because it just comes across to me as too loud and smells (don't get insulted if you like 1 Million) a bit 'cheesy'....this has some of the same qualities but is more elegant and refined in what it does.

I'm going to wear this stuff in the fall!

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Smelled some of this in sephora today. Loved it and I love orange blossom so this one would be perfect for me.

mabduaguye
mabduaguye

I recently got a bottle and this is really potent stuff.

I can see why many seem to associate it with Diesel's Fuel For Life Spirit, but If they are related at all - they are cousins. This is much better blended and less Brash, or shall I say more ''Refined''

As I never actually used the original L'homme, I can not say how similar it is to that, but this Juice is really good in its own right.

Projection and Silage are incredible. A few sprays (2-3) last the entire day, and additional spray on my shirt makes the already good projection even better.

The only caveat, if any - is that it is a rather ''familiar'' scent for lots of people, so for those who are looking for unusual smells, you might wanna pass this one.

I shan't do a notes breakdown, message to remember is that this is a versatile, well-blended, sweet, warm, sophisticated scent with solid performance.

Worth a try!

popescuionut100

Smells almost identical to PR-Invictus and a lot like 1 million intense!

ShaverX
ShaverX

To me this smells like the signature creed ambergris drydowm, ALOT. I'm surprised this hasn't really been commented on. That being said it's a nice soft clean scent. Good for casual days. In general I like it very much. It shouldn't be called intense in any way though.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

It's nice but what a disappointment it has zero presence, disappeared off my skin after about 30 mins, rip off.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

I enjoy the opening...almost like bubblegum but after 10 minutes this transform into ysl la nuit

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

The scent is redolent of low tide at high noon.

ScentPanther, please stop bogartin' that blunt.

smoj
smoj

Now, i really wanted to like YSL L'homme. i ''like'' it, but its so light going, i often cant really smell it after 20-30 minutes.. so when i tried LHPI it's basically just what i wanted the original L'homme to be. a stronger version of the original..

Scott201
Scott201

To be honest, I don't know what this smells like, I've never smelled it, but I do know one thing from reading these reviews, some of you people are writing stories instead of actual reviews, you old men need lives lmao

kellz1843
kellz1843

I was excited to test this. I am a fan of lhomme and la Nuit de lhomme. Sadly, this didn't work for me and my chemistry. It started off with a very strong blast of pepper along with a boozy, whiskey-like smell. For me, that's it. This same aroma gradually got lighter until it faded after 3hrs. Didn't agree with my taste at all. Props to those who enjoy it. For me, when I want oranges, spice and amber, I will stick with The One or Allure.

aerzk

Top Notes: Citron and Italian Bergamot, White Pepper from Madagascar.

Middle Notes: Orange Blossom Tunisia, Egypt Violet Leaf, Essence of India Davana.

Base Notes: Virginia Cedar, Suede Accord, benzoin resin.

aerzk

magnetic elegant fragrance, sensual, sophisticated and sustainable

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Beautiful scent, very elegant, sweet to the right place! I love sweet scents, and this Yves Laurent really surprised me! Council. 9,5/10.

Plucus21
Plucus21

First let me say that ScentPanther below is smoking some major dope. LOL!

Now, as a fan of ambergris I really enjoy this fragrance. I do totally understand how this would not be for everyone though. The only real problem I had with this fragrance was the longevity and projection. Both were horrible on me. This fragrance is also a little on the expensive side as well, which has ultimately stopped me from buying a bottle.

popescuionut100

@moftahyounis I totally agree,it's almost similar to 1 million intense version!

Vondas

It depends on your preference, but personally I don't think men should wear sweet smells like this. It's definitely uni-sex, and it makes you smell like a candy factory in a way that reminds me of one million. It also makes me naseuous when I wore it - I would get little wiffs throughout the day and it would flip my stomach with how sweet it was.

Try it on your skin before you purchase it. I bought it based on how much I liked the card and how my girlfriend thought it smelled like vanilla coke, but after wearimg it and being exposed to it for longer than 15 seconds we both agreed it was a bad purchase.

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

What the heck did I just read below

ScentPanther
ScentPanther

I once met a woman in Belgium named Veronica. She favored a peach sundress and sweet red wine. Once she baked me a pastry of sorts, and though she was homely, the way she smiled at me as she offered me a taste was a thing of true beauty.

The pastry however was disappointing, as she had bought it from the freezer section of a grocery store and followed the instructions poorly while baking it. There was some flavor to it, but the dough was still raw in spots. I ate it graciously, as it was given in kindness, but the sweet wine could not wash the displeasure of the incident away.

L'Homme Parfum Intense is deeply orange in color, and as I stare through it at the grey skies, I am reminded of her hair.

headofstate
headofstate

A better blended and nicer balance of brashness when compared to Diesel's Fuel For Life Spirit and Paco Rabanne's 1 Million Intense. You know what you are getting with this; power, longevity and sillage that recalls the mid 1980's and will last an entire weekend with more than four sprays. You also know you are going to get more than your fair share of synthetics, but this one is better at masking that side of itself where Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit falls flat on its face in a pool of droning chemicals. I have tested this frequently, already owning Spirit and objectively, there isn't a comparison to be made as far as quality. YSL's L'Homme Intense is much better juice with a far more rewarding scent and evolution and can be worn and enjoyed by a much wider audience, including the more experienced nose that is usually repulsed by such chemical aggressiveness.
This one is mostly targeted at the younger clubbing crowd, but unlike the others already mentioned, YSL's L'Homme Intense has more of a standard appeal to it and really shines if you go easy at two sprays. This is far more mature and well-balanced than almost everything else in its category and it's worth stopping at the perfume counter to drop a couple drops on your skin and enjoy the evolution of this and discover for yourself this has a good deal of complexity and makes for a very vivacious and high-energy wear. Intense has fantastic longevity, over 10 hours easily and projection is very loud but can be contained if you keep it to one spray on the wrist and one on the chest. Because of its potency, wait to spray on the neck until you are comfortable with this scent. Diesel's Fuel For Life Spirit is being compared to this and I agree these are both trying to do the same thing (I'm a huge Diesel loyalist, but let's get real) but YSL's L'Homme Intense is a much much better crafted juice with far more evolution, sophistication and appeal. If you are faced with having to buy one of the two, you would be much better served picking this one, it's far more wearable and has much more range.

Dirk
Dirk

What a wonderful perfume version of L'Homme.
It is actually quite different, but you can still say it 's an L'homme.
I think the perfumers did an excellent job in keeping the orange blossom in a nice balance and not making it scream loud.
So where it fails in Diesel fuel for life spirit which has way too loud screaming out orange blossom,
Is it here very well done and subtle in this L'Homme.
I am getting a high quality scent out of this and very well balanced.
It has a very good projection and longevity as well.
I think it is a sexy, sensual and elegant perfume and i am feeling confident with this perfume.
Try it on your skin, it's different and better than a paper tester

josevancouver

I have my moments when I am 'confused' by this fragrance. I don't really like L'homme EDT (kind of boring) or La Nuit de L'homme (too powdery for me)but the one I like the most is L'homme parfum intense.

That said, I haven't worn it a lot after I bought the bottle. I found myself reaching for my 'go to's' (Dior Homme, DHI, Aventus, A*Men Pure Malt/Havane, etc.) but I don't think I have given this fragrance enough of a chance. I even thought about selling it, but thought I would regret it.

It's a nice sweet scent. It reminds me a bit of 1 Million, but where I feel 1 Million smells a bit loud and somewhat synthetic, this one gives me a different vibe. It's more pleasant, less in your face, and as I smell it on my wrist as I type...I keep sniffing it again.

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

Does any body agree that this smell very similar to one million intense

abraham.roberts
abraham.roberts

After reading the negative reviews, I'm convinced that I'm smelling a totally different cologne. LOL! I love this stuff. The longevity and sillage is very good. (not great like La'Nuit) Which makes this a perfect everyday fragrance for me. Smells very high quality but not too over-powering for the office. I have been receiving very nice "you smell so good" compliments. It's sweet, but not cheap sweet. Smells refined and sophisticated. When I wear this, it makes me want to dress up. However, this cologne is good for any occasion. I would expect a fragrance named "parfum intense" to be a little stronger and last a bit longer, but this is definitely a winner. I give it 8 out of 10 overall points.

papito28
papito28

This is one is niche quality.

Scent 10/10
Longevity 9/10
Projection 8/10

I love this juice, i will love to get more projection out of it. I dont see nothing like intense.

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

Wow I'm very suprised at all the hate for this frag. It smells nothing like 1 million. It is much more mature and sophisticated. It dose not smell like "bubble gum" hahaha! It smells beautiful and lasts and projects much better than the original L'homme. It is top shelf quality- yes it's projection is not in the sillage monster category like La Nuit, La Male, A*Men however its in the next category down which is totally acceptable to me and worth forking over the money for. When you spray this on you can just scene the quality of it. It is very rich, yet subtle in a very good way. I cannot see anyone getting offended by this scent, it's very safe. I showed my male friends this and La Nuit De L'homme and they liked this one more to my surprise (La Nuit is my signature :)) Women have complimented me already and I have had it less than a week. I love the original L'homme but it is way too weak for my taste. This one smells better in my opinion and lasts and projects way longer. Don't listen to all the haters in here this is a beautiful, safe, compliment getting, masculine, versatile, niche quality parfume.

UPDATE: After several weeks of usage and more compliments

Projection: Very good, one time I sprayed 4 sprays and had to scrub one of the sprays on my wrists off because i felt like it was too much- WAY better than the original L'Homme but still not as powerful as La Nuit, but rather close.
9.5/10

Longevity: Very satisfactory. I always stay strapped with a travel size decant and I usually always re-apply regardless with fewer sprays after 6 hours so It's not an issue for me. Gotta stay fresh... Can I get a witness?

Sprays: I would say spray no more than 3 at a time: 2 on the neck, on each side or side and back. Then one on your chest while your clothes are on so you can lightly press your shirt against that chest spray to increase longevity and projection.... You can wear 4 sprays if you want as long as little to no sweating will be involved. I have a physically demanding job and when I wear 4 sprays it becomes a sillage monster trust me that's when I had to scrub one off lol.

Sent: So beautiful and sophisticated. I feel a huge rush of confidence when I go up to a woman smelling like this.

Versatility: Honestly I can't think of any place where this would be out of place. I would have no problem wearing it at my wedding, to church, on a first date, on a casual night out with my male friends, to work, ect. I don't feel too loud when I wear this frag but at the same time I feel like I'm likely to turn heads. Honestly I don't know how this sent preforms in summer but I have a feeling of how it would because like I said I have a physical job that I manage to work up a sweat even in the winter time and the sent holds its own and projects more so just go light on the trigger but It has never given me a cloying vibe like some frags have even when its projecting like crazy.

Overall Score 9.5/10

I'm taking the time to set the record straight on here because I feel like I owe it to the house of Yves Saint Laurent for making such beautiful masterpieces.

This bottle is my go-to when I am in the mood for a sweet fragrance. It's definitely a keeper and a staple in my collection as It's the only "sweet" fragrance I have liked so far (I'm very picky.)

Try it! Buy it! I love it!!!!!

JohannesvonKalczberg
JohannesvonKalczberg

Just bought it and it smells fantastic.
It's chique, it has an understated elegance to it and it expresses a manly and refind, seductive man but not to much ...

one of the must have.

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

L’Homme Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

SUBJECTIVE

Another L’Homme derivative from Yves Saint Laurent’s current, seemingly endless fragrance line, this flanker finally leaves the impression of a classic, masculine scent that will be here to stay. Imagine the original L’Homme with a spicier top and a woodier base, this potent juice will have you sigh a breath of relief following the recent release of many disappointing L’Homme imitators over the last few years. Thankfully, a dark, refined fragrance for the cool weather, like La Nuit de L’Homme.

Opening with a blast of citrus and pepper, this one dries very smoothly into a woody, dark ambergris. A sophisticated fragrance best for nightwear like La Nuit de L’Homme, the latter is sweeter while L’Homme Parfum Intense is spicier.

OBJECTIVE

This one performs solidly on the skin for eight hours, after which time it becomes barely noticeable. Do not pay attention to the “Parfum Intense” part, as La Nuit de L’Homme (eau de toilette) is stronger and lasts longer. This fragrance produces a very strong scent cloud that will be noticed by anyone in your space, though its projection does not, interestingly, affect the entire room. This interesting volatility makes this fragrance ideal for work, for when you desire the fragrance to be noticed by only those who draw themselves closely towards you. Two sprays to the chest and one to the back of your neck (plus or minus one to the shirt) – you are good to go. Moreover, this bottle, like all L’Homme bottles, is timeless, and looks beautiful in your collection unboxed.

IMPRESSION

A heavier L’Homme with more woods and ambergris, this scent is safe, yet will certainly pique the interest of your audience. Its richness makes it different from all the other winter-oriented colognes on the designer counter. For a day at work or for a night out, this pleasing scent is definitely in the top three among the L’Homme line.

PLAN

Given the track record of the other L’Homme predecessors, seek this one immediately before it becomes discontinued (if not already). Niche quality at designer price, this one is a must if you are a fragrance collector. If, however, you already own L’Homme and La Nuit de L’homme, L’Homme Parfum Intense might not be different enough for you between these other two fragrances to warrant a purchase. ★★★★

gianmarco
gianmarco

Did they really make this the flanker to the original beautiful L'homme? What a shame, this is not the same atall, all i smell when i had it on me was some type of bubble gum, sweet wierd bubblegum, this does not even smell like a mens cologne, more like a body lotion ( when you really think of it)..... I guess lhomme nuit is the best next to the original, but this eau de parfum lhomme story is not working out.

Migalex
Migalex

A sweet oriental with very little charactr of its own. A copycat of hundreds other ones in the same line. On the top, the qualifier ntense is vey inadequate. And no staying power.

Love&Happiness
Love&Happiness

I first encountered this fragrance maybe a week ago. I saw it at Macy's and requested a test strip from one of the associates. When I first smelled it, I thought it was AMAZING. It reminded me of many of those cold-weather scents with the spice in there! I kept the strip next to where I sleep, knowing that this was a parfum, so it would keep smelling for a longer time than the most do. When I picked up the strip a couple days ago, the scent had changed. It was still very nice but with a similar sweetness to the dry downs of many colognes I come in contact with, save that there was a tad bit of woodiness in there. I decided to try it on my skin. Yesterday, I entered Macy's and went to the fragrance counter. I had the associate hand me the bottle and tested it. The first thing I smelled reminded me greatly of the Prada Amber Pour Homme top note. The associate even looked at me with a certain amount of disgust after getting a whiff of it. I was pretty disappointed in this, but decided to wait some hours, as well all know that scents usually change with time. Every so often, I'd smell the sprayed area. After a few hours, a little bit of that sweetness and warmth came through but it was not the same on my skin as on the paper. All I kept getting was that Prada Amber Pour Homme top note, just softer each time. I was not very happy with the end result.

This properly illustrates the value of trying a scent on my skin before buying. You should NOT purchase something just because it smells good on a sliver of paper. I can only imagine how I would've felt if I would have went and spent $100+, just to find out what I did yesterday.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

PLEASE READ THIS!

I'll give you an HONEST opinion of this juice. First off, the INITIAL blast has a 1 million'ish vibe to it. But when that dries down it smells EXACTLY like the original L'homme when first sprayed. My only problem with the original, is that it is just too soft. But that first 30 minutes is wonderful, then becomes a skin scent. I personally believe that YSL has done a great job with the intense parfum. Yes, it is nothing like the original in the beginning, but then it offers what I needed from the original...the original l'homme scent lasting longer! I'm telling you, spray L'homme on your hand, smell your hand, and for hours after you spray on L'homme Parfum Intense...that's exactly what you'll smell like. I am a huge fan of this juice.

cosmin.mirestean
cosmin.mirestean

Love this frag !!

lovetribe

one of my signature parfume!!!!!!!!amber and wiskey.
one of the best.

Adamizer702
Adamizer702

Imagine if One Million and Gaultier 2 had a child.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I wore a sample of this yesterday, and on me it's closer to Rochas Man than 1 million. In fact, both are way better than this in my opinion. Plus this has poor longevity. I'm a big fan of YSL, but I will pass on this.

CDGfan
CDGfan

They should have just increased the oil content of the original, there was no need to come up with a totally different fragrance which is in essence a 1 Million clone.
The original in itself is a great fragrance, the EDP is a flop. L'Oreal has really f*** up YSL's fragrances.
8/10 for EDT
and 2/10 for the EDP

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

YSL should stop making intense versions of older perfumes. We all agree that la nuit de l'homme parfum intense wasn't the best fragrance to be released.

While l'homme parfum intense isn't as bad as the one mentionned above, It is nevertheless a step back from the original.

It starts out zesty and fresh and quickly develops into a sweet perfume. I like it, I'll maybe wear it someday, but I am just not seeing the Ginger signature in the original L'Homme that I love so much!

YSL should stick with creating new perfumes like he always done and been great doing it rather than trying to make super sweet copies of perfumes for the mass market!

Layzie
Layzie

Upon initial spray, it was, "Hellooooo citrus and pepper!" It was a pleasant surprise. The light florals come in once it settles. Along with the woody undertone, the overall composition is redolent of sweet incense. L'Homme Parfum Intense is warm, strong, and noticeable but not in-your-face. It projects well and lasts for hours on my skin. Unfortunately, there's an odd sweetness that doesn't sit well with me.

spartan
spartan

I do not like this scent, it smells to feminine for me. It has A fruity bubble gum linear one demential vibe to it, makes me sick to keep smelling the same liner note over and over Again!! Smells like A sickly blend of their last 3 L'hommes into one, Not for Me.

More of A scent for the Females. Actually would probably smell great on them.

OneRedRose
OneRedRose

Not too thrilled about it. It smells like the bubble-gumness essence of a sharp grape-filled One Million from Paco Rabanne mixed with YSL's L'Homme. Too sweet for my tastes and quite sharp with the sweetness....not smooth at all. This seems as if it were geared for the teen kid crowd who have no clue what a suave well-blended cologne is supposed to smell like. Not my cup of tea, though I love One Million and L'Homme on their own (though L'Homme's ginger note sticks out like a sore thumb IMHO).

Vern437
Vern437

Love this frag. Spicy, Sweet, great for the colder months. Maybe just a tad more longevity. Starts off strong but gets real close to the skin after a few hours.

Jayela
Jayela

OMG! I am a girl and I just love to smell this fragrance on a man. This is a marvellous scent if you can carry it on.

genesis1501
genesis1501

This smells like One Million Intense on my skin in the opening, but less cloying and the drydown smells like Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit, but with increased longevity. I kinda like it, but I'll have to apply my sample a few more times to give my final review.

So another L'Homme fragrance to try and without being compelled to own any of them, I have to confess they haven't been bad at all!
L'Homme original is classy and fresh, L'nuit (all versions) is my favourite well balanced and sexy and Libre is inoffensive, bright violet scent.
This one however is the exception as I'm not a fan.
This maybe due in part to appealing to a younger demographic (or attempting to) I personally don't think that much about age in relation to fragrances but when the shop assistant says it, I can't help but think they've read some press release bumf rather than forming their own opinion.
Anyway... I love amber and looking at the colour of the juice I was excited at the prospect of a great warm, sexy amber scent.
However it's disappointing...not rich with amber and sweet to the point that I couldn't wear it and I have a very sweet tooth.
Let's get it in perspective...it's not awful just not up to par with others in the L'Homme line.

Furthermore...
I hate Diesel fuel for life spirit, it's probably the most scathing review I've written.
I hated that stuff with a passion!!!
To see so many comparisons here I feel there must be something to it, although I didn't enjoy L'Homme Parfum Intense I didn't think it was boozy and harsh like the Diesel fragrance, it did have the same sickly smell. I need to revisit the diesel to check this out...either way it's not going to change my opinion about this one, a poor edition to an otherwise strong line of fragrances.

simon.rhawi
simon.rhawi

Absolutely love this fragrance. I don't know why there's so much hate for this beautiful frag?
I prefer this over "la nuit de l homme". I have both bottles but the nuit version is to much bergamont at the top 4 me...
Longevity and sillage is good. Scent is beautiful. I like it.

roll4fun
roll4fun

1ml sample test sprays on both inner elbows: Immediately passed basic likeability test, getting the definite floral notes (with a slight hint of woody and lemon notes), which gave way after 30 minutes or so to a mostly musk scent.
On this clubbing night, I tread cautiously with this one, based on strong projection/longevity reports.

But, not entirely reckless free as I sprayed some Z14 on my chest and neck. From the Parfum Intense, I got 3-4 hours longevity, period. Got at least a solid arm length projection. For a frame of reference, frag garnered an attractive female compliment, who liked it better than the Z14 "because it wasn't quite as strong". Parfum Intense passes likeability test, but it is still down a ways on my wish list with many less expensive alternatives out there with better longevity.

ro_ro_123
ro_ro_123

Not a huge fan of this new edition to the L'homme family. I agree with what someone has already mentioned, I get an over whelming smell of bubblegum when I smell this. This is not an offensive cologne, just somewhat boring, which is disappointing as I normally love the Yves Saint Laurent fragrances.

I can imagine this appealing to the younger market, I can see it being very popular with males aged 17 - late 20s. Great night time fragrance for young men.

I'm generally into more deep and classic type scents, so L'homme Parfum Intense just doesn't really do it for me.

This really reminds me of Paco Robanne's 1 Million.

I still would buy L'Homme La Nuit over this myself if I had to choose from the L'homme line up.

I'd give this a 6/10, not for me, but I can see it being very popular with YSL's younger market.

Pari88
Pari88

There is something about the L'Homme collection that is extremely attractive and sultry on any man. I am no expert on men's fumes, but whenever I smell a YSL L'Homme, I immediately follow the trail to it's source. I tracked down men wearing YSL L'Homme, La nuit, and Gingembre in the past; it is actually how I found the original. In a big city, especially in the financial district, you would think that by now I would have smelled some sort of attractive niche on men passing by, but no, anything from L'Homme usually always catches my attention. Well, you can guess how I "discovered" this one. My boo owns it now, and it smells divine on him. Simply put.

moniote
moniote

Oooops .. L'OREAL PARFUMS dit it again : RECYCLING. ! This one is 99 % DIESEL Fuel for Life Spirit !
The remaining 1% is the bottle !!!

Endymion

Isn't it strange that this and Diesel Fuel for Life Spirit smells very similar and both perfumes are produced by the same company (L'Oréal) and both were released simultaneously?
Hm...

(The irony is that Diesel smells, stays and project better than this YSL.)

lovetribe

excellent one of my next buy.longevity an sillage incredible.

banks1124
banks1124

Tried it for the first time today. Haven't had it on my skin long but I see what everyone else is saying. 1 million type of young persons sweetness. Its not bad but its not for me. I'm a big fan of the original and la nuit but those are enough for me. Won't be buying this one.

popescuionut100

In the opening it smell just like Paco Rabanne- 1 Million,10-15 minutes later it changes ,reminds more of the 1 million intense version.It's sweet,citrusy and smells powerfull,manly.I sure like it since 1 million it's one of my fav fragrances but since it's so similar...too similar for me to buy it.
It does have good longevity and projection,after 5 hours,after i applied one single spray from a 2 ml sample,it's still there and smells strong enough.
It's suitable for the young crowd,great for a clubbing night,casual and more suitable for cold weather since it's strong and sweet!
Overall this is a great fragrance,it lasts long time and projects very good,it's worth the money! Give it a try!

Valfar
Valfar

Wow! What a pleasant surprise to finally find this one. Very nice sweet smell. It's like the original L'homme but more sweeter and potent. And it has crazy longevity also. I can still smell it on my forearm after 24 hours even after going to the gym and showering! This one is the best from 2013 so far!

This is lovely! The beginning is a bit fruity and floral and bezoin'y that reminds me a tad of Madonna Truth or Dare Naked. Anyway, overall it's the usual YSL L'Homme but sweeter, more boozy but stay floral and lightly woody. It feels richer and more classy in every way. Ambergris is quite pronounced throughout its cycle. The dry down is a very nice and sweet and fresh powdery smell. I definitely would like to spend more time with this gem and perhaps eventually make a purchase. I think it's a really good buy.

Vondas

Very sweet, very very sweet. Up front the projection is great but as it dries down - at least on my skin - it becomes a very faint skin scent in only 1-2 hours. Reminds me of 1 million only with weaker longevity and a less durable silage. All in all it's up to preference, if you enjoy sweet scents than this is an okay choice. Like the original l'homme it suffers from poor longevity but more importantly the scent is NOTHING like l'homme, it's something on it's own. I sampled it on multiple occasions but I have to pass, if I wanted a bubblegum scent id buy 1 million.

azizhejji
azizhejji

i tried l'homme intense last week is orange blossom packed in the amber and stil has original soul but heavier and warmer suitable for winter
overall : on my buy list i'll buy it as soon as possible .

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Another AWESOME scent by YSL. The YSL line of fragrances is quickly becoming my most favorite. As for the resemblance in scent between this and 1 Million Intense? Definately not!

drakesito
drakesito

What a beatiful fragrance! Can't stop sniffing myself. It reminds me one of my all time favourites - 1 Million. Another YSL masterpiece! Definitely a must have.

Scent - 10/10
Projection - 8/10
Longevity - 8/10

Overall - 9.5/10

WayneDN
WayneDN

Run from this cologne! The worse scent I have come across in awhile. Smells like bubblegum. Just terrible! What were they thinking when they came up with this mess??????

Dsanz
Dsanz

Synthetic mess of grape sweetness and a musky base which reminds me of Dolce&Gabbana's pour homme. Falls completely out of the great spectrum of excellent fragrances Yves Saint Laurent has been known for. This is targeted towards the young crowds eager to wear a popular brand name and known for their horrible tastes in fragrances. Sad that this company is milking the market rather than conforming their product to the smaller and more refined market it formely targeted. Another house down the pooper.

antonpan
antonpan

Being a fan of the regular L'Homme, I can't share any of delights on this. To me Parfum Intense on 80% smells like a Diesel Fuel for Life that came out half a year ago. The trend is evident: they take the fruity fragrance and enrich it by fiery cinnamon and a bunch of sweet vanilla notes. The problem of L'Homme Parfum Intense is also that in the dry down it begins to smell like a chemical detergent (or bubble gum for some of you) reminding a lot of Davidoff The Game. The only resemblance to the first L'Homme is in the opening that vanishes so soon. I think Parfum Intense is the fragrance that should have never been released.

Cobray
Cobray

I actually thought it smelled alot like 1 million which is one of my personal favorites! The dry down is powdery but I can see myself wearing this scent :) If anyone bought this Intense Parfum YSL and didnt like it I'd trade u for one I have I also have the original YSL L'Homme as well but I think i prefer this new one only cause it falls under the 212 VIP, 1 million, Halloween Man family

Pelander
Pelander

OMG! What a disappointment!! I expected a stronger version of original L'homme which is very nice but very very weak.... This "perfume" has nothing to do with the original. I can't understand why they didn't choose another name, another different scent and not one more flanker. It's sad to see in what YSL has become under management of Loreal.... So far of YSL used to be. Gone are those days of wonderful scents as Kouros, original Opium, M7, etc.... Nowadays their scents have neither quality nor originality.

ozz1980
ozz1980

What a mess, smells like fake rochas and car perfume. Very suits for a 12 years old girl. Are you serious YSL?

Deefit
Deefit

This is the first time I'm sampling this, I applied some on my skin and I am actually surprised at how sweet it is. Perhaps a bit too sweet? We'll see in the next few hours.

The orange blossom is definitely there, one of the first notes I noticed. Along with the ambergris. This shows it is in no way similar to the original L'Homme. I am curious what will happen when this reaches the heart and base.

This really reminds me of another fragrance, but I have no idea which one.

effect18
effect18

Definitely smells like grapes. Very sweet. Not my favorite YSL.

Molko
Molko

Not like 1 million, at first rather similar to Diesel fuel spirit, pleasant sweet spicy stuff, x hours resembles to the original L'homme in better and interesting way. I'd choose this more instead of older l'homme, but my favourite remains Nuit:)

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this for the second time and although I do like it I don't love it enough to pay the price. Starts of on me very fruity and sweet like a honey scent and also smells like bubblegum. It has a nice floral tone to it all the way through and a soft woodiness to it. It sits very close to my skin and to be honest unless I sniff deeply only then I can smell it on my wrist after 4 sprays. That is the only reason I probably won't purchase because it obviously does not sit well with my chemistry which is a shame. If I see a fantastic deal online then maybe I will buy it or unless I am gifted this. Nice fragrance but does not project on me and stays too close.

Marciu
Marciu

It doesn't remind me of One Million at all, but in fact, it really is sweet.

L'homme Parfum Intense reminds me of the smell of the fresh baked pastry/pie, I don't know which flavour yet.

About the notes, I do feel a lot of orange flower and maybe some woody notes with ambergris.

I expected extenxed version of L'homme, which I liked quite a lot, but I always complained about its sillage. I got something different, but quite interesting.

Longevity and projection are huge, good job about that.

I still prefer La Nuit de L'Homme EDT and L'Homme Libre over this one.

swalibar
swalibar

Smelled this today at Macy's and it reminded me of 1 million. After an hour, it dried down to a powdery,more refined version of 1 million. It was OK, not what I was expecting but really not bad at all.

Gault
Gault

It smells like cheap, syrupy sweet womens perfume scented body lotion at first (like Mexx or Bruno Banani), then it turns into an almost unpleasent dirty-smoky thing, like a relatively well dressed homeless standing beside a flaming barrel wearing 1 Million Intense.

binker

Updtate. first night worn this out got 3 #s. 1 million smells like wood chips, synthetic leather crayons, & insect repellent compared to ysl.

dozza14
dozza14

I was so excited to smell this. On paper it sounded great, I love the original and own la nuit and libre. However disaster strikes! I sampled it in duty free and let it mellow. It is strong and similar to diesel fuel spirit and 1 million intense. However I am sorry to confirm the following incident. Having just applied l'homme intense in duty free in Heathrow, my wife said, oh my god what the heck is that, it is just awful. She told me that I have never smelled so bad and suggested I smelled like the men's urinal. I did ask her how she was such an expert of men's urinals and if there was something she was not telling me. However, based on such a reaction, this one is benched!

binker

First spray reminded me of grape & then settles down to a classier fresher 1 million without 1Mill harsh synthetic smell & has the original l'homme barely in the background. Definetly different from what I expected but very nice. Bought it & going to throw away my 1 million haha.

binker

Is this being sold in the United States yet & where? I'd like to test it out. Thanks

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

This is such a big flop its unreal to put something like that on the market Poor people at YSL what do you have in your head

Riverwide
Riverwide

Very, very disappointing. All I wanted was a stronger, longer lasting version of the elegant original. Instead, it's as if they poured a very synthetic, sweet, generic, bubblegum smell into the original formula. It's really quite revolting to be honest. Not in a million years would I consider purchasing this. Awful.

ravjan
ravjan

I get sweet oranges at the opening, sweet, sun-drenched oranges even though they're not in the ingredients list. They are scarcely peppered and I like that because the pepper doesn't get to your nose too much. This is the nicest stage. Then sweetness follows... Sweetness reminiscent of 1 Million from PR and VIP212 from CH. The similarity is striking and so the new scent from YSL is nothing more than a copycat. It's not necessarily an evening fragrance. I'd wear it on a late summer afternoon or in early fall. Women can easily wear and like it. They can like it more than men actually as I guess most of them (men) will find it too sweet. Longevity decent. Final verdict: not buying it!

hedward
hedward

Very sweet and soft, citrusy orange blossom. Definitely masculine despite the sweetness. Kind of like a grown up version of fuel for life by diesel. This is actually very nice.. Much better than the generic original l'homme. I would however say that la nuit is still better; this one lacks of bit of uniqueness.

Longevity and sillage seem to be above average but not overwhelming.

paulo.oz.1
paulo.oz.1

I smelled this a few days ago. On the first spray it reminds me of bubblegum, but then it settles down. It is very sweet, different from YSLs more fresh-smelling scents, but still not for me.

I was kind of expecting something a little spicier/woodier.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Smelling this right now at Macy's. It smells good. Yes, it's a bit sweet, but by all accounts, not overwhelmingly so. It's an ambery, citrus, woody, leatheresque, smell. There's also a bit of powder too. This is nothing unique or ground-breakibg, but I rather enjoy it, more so than any other fragrance in the L'Homme line, although it's still "not for me". A great fragrance, however. Just not something I, personally, would spend money on. Highly recommended, however.

7/10: at least on this paper strip, anyway. Very pleasant, yet it still retains the solid feminity of L'Homme and L'Nuit. Here, it's held in check only by faint pepper and woods.

grzegorz.placek.5
grzegorz.placek.5

I believe this scent smells alike Ted Lapidus "Black Soul Imperial". THey are so similar that probably I would confuse those two ones quite easily. I must admit that Imperial smells more of coffe and it's a bit heavier, but what connects thos two scents is a characteristic hint of a candy. Still, I prefer Ted Lapidus

thatguyjoe27
thatguyjoe27

I'm in the States...Any chance I can order this from someplace overseas on thursday who has this already? someone please write contact info or message me....joe.anthony1227@gmail.com(want to deal with store only)

daniel@1992
daniel@1992

Sweet and not similar to the original . I was expecting something else.

hodaj0
hodaj0

Sampled this yesterday in Israel; smells gorgeous. I'm not good at pinpointing notes and stuff like that but this one, just like all of the l'homme line, has the original l'homme backbone but different in a way and that's what interesting about this line!. This one is a little more refreshing than the original, and a little stronger. YSL is driving me crazy with the fact that each flanker of the l'homme line is great in a different way.

Endymion

Update: I realized that the paper strip I was smelling was actually Diesel Fuel for Life Spirit! :) (L'homme Parfum Intense is similar but Diesel smells better and stronger!)

I have tested it, I happened to saw it in Müller drogerie by chance :)
Yes, it's intense and harsh and for me it's... slightly aromatic! It projects hard and fills your nose, and your brain too ;)))

I think it's a very good fragrance but to be honest, (for me) it's not similar to the original L'homme. I wouldn't even tell that it has anything has to do with L'homme. It has that "extravaganza" factor which the well-groomed original lacks. A (little) bit green too, I have to add.

I can imagine this more as an Armani fragrance than a new addition to the YSL L'homme line.
You can relate to it as what's Armani Attitude Extreme is with Attitude original, maybe.

Will definately buy it sometime in the future when it will be cheaper!

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

Dear perfume lovers:

Please moderate your comments on this page against people rating the fragrance, since you have no idea if the person has tried the fragrance or not. For instance, this particular one has been for at least 2 weeks in sephora stores in Paris and Lyon France, and apparently also Italy according to the comment below, so the fragrance is selling in different points in Europe at least, therefore stop the hate against reviewers and wait until it comes to your city, country or favourite store to rate and comment respectively. There is a world outside of the United states, you know? Regards.

delynoo
delynoo

i ve tried this perfume...stronger then the original but i hear a lot of musk...however it s very similar to one million intense ;)

this perfume is avaiable at sephora in italy !!!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

عطر جدیداز مردانگی ysl

سری مخصوص پائیز با رنگ آمیزی شده کرم همراه رایحه سنگین تر بادهای پائیزه کمک میکند تا شما احساس مرکبات وترش تردد ولی تلخی ادویه را در جریان تردد بدیگران هدیه بدهید. این راز را فقط در هوای نیمه سرد و خنک امتحان کنید.

lennard.groenendijk
lennard.groenendijk

(My review on the original l'Homme) "Can we please get Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Le Parfum, this is such a nice, warm, deep, active, sensual, modern fragrance. Only it doesn't last a long time, so hereby: Please make a le parfum version. Thanks in advance!"

My prayers have been heared! YES! Let's hope this is what it says, Intense.

I can't wait

comfortablynumb
comfortablynumb

Mods please erase the votes, people are screwing with the system and voting on something that is yet to hit the market.

Jose Marcos

Why was La Nuit Le Parfum a flop? I have it and it is just a wonderful scent because it as almost the same as the original La Nuit but you who wears it feel it different, special as one should in a special occasion. The only complaint is that it doesn't project much as an EDP should but the quality of the scent is breathtaken. I only wish the flop would be found cheaper so i could stock up for I love this flop.

lalelu
lalelu

hopefully not a flop like the parfum version of la nuit

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

SEEMS LIKE L'HOMME HAS FINALLY COME UP WITH BETTER LONGEVITY AND PROJECTION.

sameh
sameh

I have the whole line & frankly I like them all , so I can hardly wait 4 this one so thumps up !!!!!

Jose Marcos

Well, I used to like the original a lot when it came out. Then, recently, fell in love with La Nuit and got the three versions of it so i was forced into buy L'Homme again, what means that I will do my very best to get hold of the new parfum version, although I don't seem to get much out parfum versions, Mauboussin pour homme was a bit of a let down. well, c'est la vie one guesses ...

DaddysLittleHelper
DaddysLittleHelper

As for the notes, you can always downvote them till they are Zero, if a few proactive people do that, it might help. For the rest, nothing you can really do about it, just wait till people get it and review, then it will work itself out with volume.

yacoco
yacoco

Agree with Endymion what's up with u people
its seems a summer or spring but I still didn't vote only just checking the note

@suile
I know that but I don't think that's the case in most of these examples.
I really don't think that every time a new release came to publish here those people who you mentioned happen to read these pages within hours and make their votes.
This page was made some hours ago and votes came within the first hour... c'mon!

suile
suile

Everyone who gets irate because people are already voting on a fragrance. How do you know no one has tried it ? People working in stores often get samples months before a public release and then give them away to good customers or friends.

Endymion

Those who has already vote on longevity and sillage (and on the notes):
ARE YOU INSANE PEOPLE????!!!

You make this function useless!
Shame on you!!!!!

djslymax666
djslymax666

I can't wait to smell this one.the original homme is one of my favorite.

craniumbash
craniumbash

Seems refreshing, hopefully I'll get to try it out this year.

L'Homme Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent 3.68 out of 5 based on 339 ratings and 114 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Parfum Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Parfum Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Homme Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Homme Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.