Designers » T-Z » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

L'Homme Ultime Yves Saint Laurent for men

L'Homme Ultime Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

L'Homme Ultime Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures L'Homme Ultime Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent will offer another version of the original fragrance L'Homme from 2006 in February 2016. The house announces that this new potent fragrance from the L'Homme collection has an Eau de Parfum concentration and is called L'HOMME ULTIME. L'Homme Ultime is described as the essence of a modern man, presented through the notes of the iconic fragrance which reflects courage, elegance and magnetism.

Powerful, wild and delicate at the same time, L'Homme for 2016 allegedly represents the contrast between freedom and control. It conveys a man who seduces women and inspires other men. The fragrance is aromatic, woody and intense. A citrus explosion of grapefruit at the top is spiced with ginger and cardamom. The heart contains rose in a masculine interpretation, its natural sensuality enriched with aromas of sage and geranium. Cedar and vetiver in the base give the final woody signature to the composition.

L'HOMME ULTIME will be available as a 60 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. L'Homme Ultime was created by Anne Flipo, Dominique Ropion and Juliette Karagueuzoglo.

Grapefruit Ginger Cardamom Bergamot

Rose Sage Geranium Apple

Cedar Vetiver Cashmere Wood

L'Homme Ultime Fragrance Reviews

Augustine.Vent
Augustine.Vent

This is very nice on initial opening. Then it dries down to a very generic sweet cedar. I can also detect some rose in this, however it is not a typical rose you would find in most perfumes. It's subtle, bitter, and subdued... imagine the bitter yet floral palette of chewing on rose petals, that is the rose in this perfume and not a powdery old-lady type of rose. Due to the sweetness, the fragrance also smells distantly reminiscent of the original L'Homme, especially after the dry down. The longevity is good but projection remains fairly close to the skin throughout the life of the fragrance. This is probably a people pleaser but it's kind of boring. You might really like it though!

teosakellar

This scent along with Body Kouros and Kouros(original) are the only scents from YSL that really have good(or great) performance, provided that Loreal "destroyed" this powerhouse, so Ultime deserves our RESPECT.

scent: 8.5/10
longevity: 8/10
projection-sillage: 7/10
compliment factor: 8/10
season: spring-summer-fall
occasion: office, church, daytime, maybe romantic dates

VexedRomance
VexedRomance

Ultime has a very clean and zestful opening. The first impression I get—is a luxurious suburban feeling. It definitely projects the feeling of class, which would be expected with YSL (as they tend to target that demographic explicitly).

Yves Saint Laurent seems to put very little emphasis on the middle class, which shows in the strict control and mark-up price of their bottles. I don't really think that price is a big issue—so long as the product provides what you pay for. And Ultime delivers on that front very well.

Ultime provides this distinct sense of luxury with its enrapturing essence. The notes are very clean and comforting, and the mellow vibe offered at the base is delightful all the way through. It smelled even better on me this morning, with the base notes fully exposed—which was really delightful pick me up—and made me want to wear it again all day like that.

Many people complain about the projection and longevity of L'Homme scents, but from what I tell by the notes, the chemical composition of these oils would naturally require you to apply a little more than average. So depending on the type of sprayer you're using, this can be anywhere from 3 to 6 sprays (with most of them being applied to the clothes—since the oils saturate the cloth better than they adhere to the skin).

There are a number of biological factors that compromise the staying power of any oil on the skin, and fragrances whose primary notes are already faint by chemical composition will suffer explicitly more when it comes to their longevity. That being said (this I think being one of those scents) you'll want to apply it on heavy and avoid skin application as much as possible if you really want to make the best of it.

One should be warned that Ultime is a very neutral scent by nature. The notes have a distinct faintness to them, and aren't especially masculine, which can disturb some less confident men and make them feel insecure. However, the notes aren't really feminine in any way either, and that's why I think "neutral" would be the best way to describe it.

If you're not a confident person, Ultime might make you feel like a sissyboy. But otherwise, you should be able to enjoy this one for all it's worth. Fresh and clean—zesty. Aromatic. With a very uptown sense of style.

SysOp
SysOp

Amazing for the first 60 seconds, then virtually nothing for the next few hours. Been stung by YSL over and over, their quality is so poor now.

HumesMistress
HumesMistress

Ultime smells almost exactly like the women's version of Light Blue but with pine needles.

Beyonder

Great flanker! Similar to la nuit de l'homme but the longevity is better than the actual one.
If you don't have la nuit de l'homme buy this, you won't be disappointed.

dolcethadon

@fragrantica - I am not sure why the note breakdown listed above for Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime was changed, but whoever updated the note breakdown actually happened to get it wrong, when it was already right in the first place! The notes that were listed originally actually happened to be the correct notes for this fragrance.. "Bergamot, apple, & cashmere wood" were recently added to the note breakdown but are not actually a part of this fragrance at all, so I take it that there must have been a mix up.. These three notes are not listed on any existing note breakdown for L'Homme Ultime anywhere! I would definitely appreciate it if someone could once again fix the note breakdown for this fragrance.. The correct note breakdown for L'Homme Ultime is below..

Top Notes : Grapefruit, Ginger, Cardamom

Heart Notes : Damascena Rose, Sage, Geranium

Base Notes : Cedarwood, Vetiver, Labdanum

Wow. This is awesome! Definitely a love from the first sniff. Elegant spring-summer-autumn perfume. A very nice option for gifts, which you cannot get wrong with. The best sage to smell.

remy.cullen.5
remy.cullen.5

The first time I smelled this fragrance, I was like WOW, that a love! Beautiful opening, and a few minutes later you can already smell the rose coming up, where it stays until the end, while being refreshed by the sage and geranium. I was just about to put it on my want list, when the drydown came. I kind of get a synthetic, sweet, sort of a 1 Million vibe, with dominant rose and some wood in the background, while there is still some sweetness from the cardamon. Still, a very nice fragrance, one that I wouldnt buy for myself, but would definitely wear If I got it as a gift.

TonyAKAMrClean
TonyAKAMrClean

This is AWESOME stuff!

First and foremost, EDP's don't usually do well on my skin. This one however, I applied very lightly this morning, and I'm still getting wafts of it after an entire work shift. The lasting power is quite impressive!

Projection is perfect for either office wear or a night out, simply by varying the number of sprays. It's not often you find a scent that works for both these days, it's usually either one or the other.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that this smells almost identical to Armaf's Club De Nuit Man (clear bottle, not black). If you like this scent but don't like its price, then CDNM might make a great alternative!

Drbasem
Drbasem

Great fragrance
Lasts good 6 hours with projection noticeable for the first 3 hours then becomes closer to you ( a foot long) afterwards.
I just cannot break from the constant subtle resemblance it bears to 24 Platinum of Scentstory! Although the later is a monster with 12 hours projection of rose and wood.
Overall nice and different flanker. Can be a release of its own.

NickZee
NickZee

This is tart green apple, ginger and rose for the most part, sitting over dusty cedar. I'm very surprised that apple is currently listed as the least prominent note because it gets more dominant as the fragrance progresses and the rose and ginger recede. Add the sparkling grapefruit and cardamom opening and you have one hell of a ride to go on each time you wear it. Beautiful for the weekend. Very good performance.

fragcentral
fragcentral

I'm a big fan of YSL's L'Homme Ultime'.

I do not get the rose note, and that is a good thing as I am not a big rose scent fan. This smells more like a mix of 2/3 L'Homme and 1/3 La Nuit with the Ginger note given more prominence. It smells great and lasts longer than both of those scents.

This lasts 8+ hours for me with excellent projection the first few hours. I do receive compliments with this one, but not overwhelming. It is signature scent worthy and underrated to me.

10 of 10.

joey991
joey991

Wow 2 words powerful & unique
I have never smelled la nuit or L'Homme
Or owned any Ysl fragrances

This my first Ysl
I can't tell how happy I am
:-D even it was expensive $104
I know from collection this will last a very long time &
I won't end up with a reformulated

Anyway this is really a amazing fragrance
Smells so sophisticated & strong and
I smell the rose ginger and the cardamom very strong

This is selling fast with Dior Sauvage
This new releases are really getting upgrade with there performances
very strong like perfum
Stayed 8 and going
Took a shower still can smell it on me (only 3 sprays)
Ysl did good on this as a edp coz really its strong on me
Can't believe how this keeps going
Got so many people still say when you walk pass me even after hours I smell you

And my lady loves this now over the the Sauvage lol
I just love owning all this anyway :-)
So I'm happy
Best advice get this now before it gets refomulated guys
Coz all I hear is la nuit is reformed and L'Homme don't lust long
This will be change by end of this year ..
My branch mark says the first so I am lucky

Right a 10/10 for me
I can't believe this how the L'Homme's flankers smells like but this its this right
At the top best summer cologne for me...
Projection 8/10
Sillage 8/10
Best & selling cologne & with Dior Sauvage
Love it when you turn "that I want" to to "I have it" lol best feeling
Man I love this fragrances
Feels good to be in the game

coasterfan
coasterfan

BEST SCENT EVER! I recently picked up a sample of this on Bonanza and loved it so much, I ordered a full bottle. Beautiful opening, amazing dry down and just the right amount of sillage. The perfect any season scent!

10/10 on everything!

abj180
abj180

This stuff is so good. I hope they never change the formulation. Last forever on me. I can smell it the next day. Love it.

Al Ma'aini
Al Ma'aini

Perfect perfume I like it too much

It's almost same to original L ' Home took me back to 2006 moreover it last more than 4h

It's nice for spring

Gazza97
Gazza97

Smelled this one today. Was actually pleasantly surprised by it. As dolcethadon stated below, you easily notice the L'Homme DNA. Along with the ginger and cardamom notes, there is also a boozy/gin n' tonic note which is also there. Maybe it's the sage which is giving me that impression, could be wrong though. But overall it's quite a decent scent which could be used in a casual/night out occasion.

dolcethadon

I have always been a big fan of Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme, Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme, & the rest of the L'Homme line.. As you can imagine I was very excited when I first heard about L'Homme Ultime! My first time smelling it I knew it smelled great but I wasn't sure if it was for me.. After having been able to give L'Homme Ultime a few full proper wearings I can now say that this fragrance is definitely for me! The L'Homme DNA is definitely noticeable in this fragrance, however it does have it's own personality & it really is it's own fragrance! L'Homme Ultime opens up with grapefruit, ginger, & a hint of fresh spicy cardamom which create a beautiful fresh, clean, invigorating, & slighty fruity opening! This fresh clean vibe continues into a heart of rose, sage, & geranium.. Sage adds it's fresh herbal touch while the rose & geranium add a beautiful floral vibe to the fragrance.. Rose is a big part of this fragrance, & it happens to be one of my favorite parts nevertheless the rose used in L'Homme Ultime does not really smell like the traditional rose note.. L'Homme Ultime gets very woody as it dries down to a base of cedar, a bit of vetiver, & a hint of labdanum yet it remains fresh & clean.. My favorite part of L'Homme Ultime is the prominent yet soft delicate cedar wood backbone which really comes out in the drydown, & it smells amazing! L'Homme Ultime manages to smell fresh, clean, pleasant, & inoffensive yet at the same time it is interesting, sexy, & intriguing! L'Homme Ultime is a very versatile fragrance & it works very well in the warm weather, as it is so fresh & clean! L'Homme Ultime happens to be an Eau De Parfum & it performs very well, almost as good as L'Homme & La Nuit de L'Homme used to perform before reformulation! Overall I really enjoy L'Homme Ultime & I see it as a worthy flanker to the L'Homme line! L'Homme Ultime is just what I needed for the warm weather this year..

Dandadda19
Dandadda19

Absolute garbage - just like everything else from this house in the last 8 years . & they've even binned : destroyed their great classics . Will never buy ysl again . Must be rolling in his grave

Endymion

I expected this to be great.
But upon testing it, I'm bored to DEATH! :P

michiel.jacobs
michiel.jacobs

Blind bought this one online since it was not yet released in The Netherlands at the time. The day it came in the mail I was very excited.. but was left disappointed. Something just reminded me too much of David Beckham Classic. I just didn't like the smell that much. BUT... recently I have taken this back from the back of my collection and tried it again... and now I am starting to really like it. I also DO NOT understand people complaining about the smell only lasting 2 hours. This one lasts me around 8 hours and projects pretty well on my skin!

So here's the thing...
Ultime is generic rubbish, it really is.
Yeah, sure it's not awful smelling just boring and has to be one of my least favourite of the L'Homme's and that's saying something. To top it all though it doesn't even perform, at least you'd think maybe the aroma chemical harshness would somehow stick around in that irritating modern way but you don't even get that.
Yeah there's a citrus opening coupled with a hint of fresh ginger and then a soapy cardamom but there's nothing artistic or naturalistic about the composition, no love in there. I would site the recent release Mr Burberry as the opposite of this but with all the same elements the crucial difference being, some care was taken over the composition.
Ultime is the perfect example of a fragrance made by committee and if you're going to release yet another flanker why not have it stand out some. It was interesting that the YSL SA wasn't trying to push this at all immediately stating that her favourite of the line was the original...well I'm with you there love.

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Here we go again with a great new release (my opinion - grain of salt) - followed up with kids buying crap and fakes from eBay and complaining.

YSL Ultime Is very versatile, soft, calming, sexy, powdery and aromatic. Lightly fruity and ambery.. But the focus is on the softness of the YSL DNA and powdery Diorish vibe. The ginger notes are there, but I get nothing sharp or snappy about Ultime. It's not a citrus blast like the YSL sport and for that I am very thankful.

I find this helps YSL Ultime to be a stunning date scent. It won't ever appear as if your trying too hard. It's not animalistic or raunchy. It's seductive and classy. Beautifully blended imo.

Perhaps many people are buying fakes because few of them mention the gorgeous rose notes that float immediately after the top notes and well into the dry down. I am a big fan of Versace Pour Homme because of the Rose notes (girls love them) but this takes it to another level.

If you don't smell the rose notes.....something is wrong. I am not experienced with fragrances but over a dozen friends, nearly 50+ strangers, and my 5 friends who all own bottles ALL detect the beautiful rose note.

Sample Variation? If so, make sure you find a bottle that has that note in it. If not you are wasting your time.

It rounds out the YSL collection nicely and I can see this making a stunning office scent coworkers will appreciate.

On my skin and that of a variety of friends, white, Indian and Asian we all found our bottles to provide above average Sillage and longevity for a YSL release. We are a little shocked how many complements we would get after work and after school. We need more testing but the batches we purchased locally are performing well.

Example: Put on half dozen sprays, 4 on skin and two on undershirt at 9am and received a compliment and phone number from a cutie working at Whole Foods after school at 6pm.

That late in the day it was likely the Sillage from my undershirt but imo those results are great for both longevity and projection.

Obviously this release has more of a perfume softness vs the spice of Nuit and it might not do as well cutting through smoke of clubs or restaurants. But used in settings like those I mentioned above - I find Ultime to be a wonderful wonderful wonderful release.

PS: a few people below have compared this to having elements from Paco Invictus Aqua and V&F Spicebomb Fresh - and I do agree there are some similarities.

Twilight99
Twilight99

One of the better flankers from YSL. To me this has only a small similarity with the original L'Homme. It's dominated by an undefined fruity note supported by ginger and cedar. I can't seem to find any rose in this. It's a very pleasant and safe scent, perfect for the office or a family dinner. Longevity and sillage on me is very good. I am very happy to have bought a bottle.

Boxing Wiz
Boxing Wiz

I just bought a bottle of this last week and it smells nothing like the tester in the store. I can't even give a hint of any one scent. This is a horrible synthetic smell that to me is too strong and gives me a headache. Nothing pleasant, only strong cheap perfume scent too. I would love to trade this bottle I have for something else. PM me if interested.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Yet another flanker, I wonder if YSL are as bored of making them as I'm sure we all are of being disappointed in them. I'll be honest, I thought the initial spritz was glorious, I loved the opening burst, I genuinely thought 'they've nailed it, tragically the longevity is diabolical, as with the Intense, it lasted no more then one hour. I envy those that got 6-10 hours, as i love the ginger sweetness of it, sadly it past quicker then a British Summer.

antonpan
antonpan

Frankly speaking, I'm shocked. Shocked that this Ultime could get some love here as it is awful ultra synthetic fruity ambery smell, a 80% copy of David Beckham Classic which itself a nice smell but just for its small price. Ultime starts off with a dirty One Million-ish accord than becoming sweet fruity smell that copies the dry down of David Beckham Classic or unspicy version of Davidoff Adventure. There is no rose here, the scent can't be compared with Rose 31/d'un Soir/PoaL etc. Ultime doesn't smell as a L'Homme flanker, the mood is closer to L'Homme Parfume Intense. Tastes differ, but this is BIG no to me.

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

At the begining, it is fruity. The dna of L'homme is present.
It's a major league fragrance.
It's fresh, manly and elegant. It's a mature scent.
Longevity : good.
Projection : soft.
IMO, this is the " real " L'homme intense.
This is a safe fragrance as Boss bottled or Givenchy play can be.
This, Armani code profumo and Dior Sauvage are by far my prefered last releases.
I am afraid, maybe in 4 or 5 years it will be reformulated (weaker). So i bought my fragrance before...
Lol !

Riverwide
Riverwide

Incredibly nondescript, generic fresh scent that 60 minutes after spraying, is barely present. This is easily the worst of the YSL l'Homme flankers. I have no idea why anyone would part with money for something like this. It has absolutely no character or personality of its own.

A total miss.

Wvlllterrr
Wvlllterrr

In all honesty this does smell very similar to invictus. It does have some qualities and notes from L'homme and La Nuit placing it kind of in between the two and making it very versatile and pleasant but overall it ends up giving off the a scent that's very similar to invictus just better blended and higher quality. So if you like invictus but never got around to getting a bottle I would recommend this over it even though it's a bit more expensive because it's a newer release but they both last a good amount, at least 8 hours on my skin, even though this is supposed to be a parfum. Personally I really like this scent but I can definately see where the hate is coming from because this does have a somewhat synthetic ambroxan vibe to it a lot like Dior Sauvage, but definately not as strong as in sauvage, that most people tend to like and tends to lend itself to compliments but also tends to be too strong and synthetic and give a generic cologne feel for a lot of people. This is a pretty safe but a but a bit generic and aimed at the masses, so if you like invictus, sauvage, bleu de Chanel etc., which I do simply because they're compliment getters and over all pretty pleasant scents, you'll probably like it too. 7 or 8 out of 10, pretty nice but nothing amazing or original but will get you compliments.

samuelgustav

This is my second review of this fragrance.

Now in the spring/summer time, I must say, at least in the hot weather country, I much prefer this one in the winter, and why? To my nose, in winter a get a very good clean woody creamy rose with a little fresh spices, wonderful.

But now, after tested it in hot weather, it seems perfect right? Well no, to me it gets too sweet, much much spicier, the rose fades away, and it's too strong.

Funny thing, I actually really like La nuit de l'homme le parfum in spring and colder summer days, it just works better with my skin.

the_badger
the_badger

I wished the rose was more prominent, this just smells clean.. fresh... fizzy. So typical designer. Never pay retail, wait until you can find it for $30 at ebay. What a let down.

Don't get me wrong, it will garner you compliments, just like BdC and Sauvage will, and now that I mention those this does smell like BdC.

Insomnia51
Insomnia51

I finally got my chance to try this fragrance. After testing it for 2 days. I found it to be very similar to another fragrance called Spice Bomb Eau Fraiche. They don't share the same notes but somehow they smell quite alike with that fresh citrus opening and even the dry down is very similar. Anyone that has Spice Bomb Fraiche must compare it with YSL Ultime.

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Sadly, this smells cheaper than the originals. How is it that a fragrance named "Ultime" is one of the worst of the line? This comes across as embarrassingly synthetic, as if the wearer has bathed in generic discount cologne. Wear this only if you want to smell like "that cologne guy."

manu.tq
manu.tq

My opinion about this fragrance seems to have turned 180 degress. In the beginning i found it lovely, fresh, with an elegant smell. Right now though, i am overwhelmed by the synthetic sweetness in the opening and the sour drydown. What i thought was "elegant" in the beginning, i find more resemblant of a sweaty mature man.

Finally, as an EDP, longevity is decent, but it turns so fast into a skin scent, that you immediately forget you sprayed it on. I can detect the original L'Homme even 8 hours on my body and clothes, but Ultime doesn't seem to express much. Maybe you will sense some generic spicy cedar and vetiver, but that's all.

lemac
lemac

imagine half l'homme and half l'nuit and a dry down to armaf niche platinum all good to me .

rushrocker
rushrocker

5.5/10

Beyonder

A beautiful flanker. Well done!

Bakawolf12
Bakawolf12

When I heard about a new YSL fragrance I was very happy to look towards smelling it. After getting into the store to test it (skin test), I found the opening to be a blast of alcohol for a split 3-5 seconds and then a very similar smell came to mind. It reminded me of Invictus. For a good hour to two hours the smell of invictus was there except it smelled much better. After the third hour it started to have a very cinnamon type smell that was also all too familiar, spicebomb! Now don't get me wrong I love both fragrances but this meshed the two very well! If you already have invictus or spicebomb I would recommend this one BUT if you don't, then go for it! The dry down is a beautiful aroma that you have to smell for yourself.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I liked this better on paper. When I gave it a full day wearing I was kinda bored. Not a bad smell mind you, just nothing I would feel compelled to buy. And speaking of buying whats up with the new inflated price of a $105 bucks? Performance wasnt anything great either that I tried..

Anyway not a lot of rose if any that I really smell so if that bothers you nothing to worry. For me personally its not that similar to the original or la nuit as ive seen others mention that it would feel redundant. If you like the smell its, its own thing I think. However I do agree with the gin and tonic vibe. But in that sense if thats what I was going for why not just wear l'humaniste? That smells better anyway imo.

Nice, clean, fresh smelling. But nothing I feel the need to own personally.

knoxknoll777
knoxknoll777

Really nice scent. I have been looking for a predominately rose scent and this one is pretty good. My wife rarely comments on my fragrances and she actually said she really liked this one on me today. I'm interested to see how Cartier's D'un Soir is going to be. I ordered it this past Friday and can't wait to get my nose on it. The only thing I worry about Ultime is the longevity. I'm not sure if it's olfactory or it just fades rather quickly. Guess I'll to test it more with my wife.
All said I would give this one a strong 7/10. It's nice but nothing earth shattering.

Just got myself a bottle of this, and I'm quite impressed. I actually prefer this over the original L'homme.

Rose really comes through on this for me, but overall it gives off like a sweet soapy type smell for me. It definitely has vibes of the original but with that rose note.

The biggest problem for me is I can't work out when to wear this, It's probably a good office or day time scent but I can't see it being good for the club or on a date.

josevancouver
josevancouver

I think this is a good scent, but for me it just doesn't 'wow' me enough to wear it more often. I think when you have a somewhat larger collection, you may reach for something else. I have a hard time figuring out when to wear it, when I would rather wear something else in its genre.

It's light, pleasant, the rose is subtle...I just find it less distinctive than other fragrances.

binker
binker

Starts off fresh sharp gin n tonic lime then you get the rose floral amber creamy vibe with a little original l'homme finishes off with the best part dry down of a sweet powdery amber woody scent. Anyone else think this reminds you of diesel plus plus?

rerthegreat
rerthegreat

Ok, it's time to simply stop with the flankers. Enough already. Ultime? More like ultimate money grab and generic fragrance. This smells like cologne, you know, that smell like someone is trying to but the scent is what every "fresh" fragrance that sucks ends up smelling like? This nails it, but you get to pay through the nose for the provelege to smell ordinary.
I love la nuit and l homme (I do not consider parfumerie intense a flanker, it is a great fragrance that stands on its own laurels) libre is ok, haven't tried the other flankers and no need to. Yeah you smell rose and tobacco in the dry down and it's a bit sweet. To be honest I sprayed some eternity by Calvin Klein on a test strip at the same time, and eternity was the same scent but much much better. Take the l homme flanker horse behind the barn and shoot it, it's been allowed to limp on insufferably for far too long

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

I haven't been this impressed with a YSL release since the original L'Homme. In fact, this one is light years better than the original. Transparent rose and cedar seem to be the dominant notes. It lasts a good 6-8 hours and has a feel of sophistication that the original L'Homme and it's flankers don't have.
I secretly hope they narrow down their L'Homme line to this, La Nuit, and the original and can finally branch out into new releases rather than reinterpretations (flankers) of the original L'Homme.

shravanevana
shravanevana

IMO, Ultime is a GREAT way to exit the L'homme flanker line! They've been playing the 3 miss, 1 hit game for a long time with this line and this one, in my honest opinion, is really good! Wonderful for the Spring & Summer time!

My current favorites from the line are La Nuit, Ultime, L'Homme, in that order. :)

My full review on YouTube: FragBoy Stewie.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Is the "Parfum" EDP turning into a name or just a marketing scam?! They are to have higher concentration of perfume oils , hence last longer. . . I wish there was a way to test this bc I'm starting to get concerned on a smell level . I have EDCs outlasting this thing :/
Scent wise , amazing for sure.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I tried this a few days ago at Dillard's because Macy's is doing this really cool thing now where they stash all the good bottles behind the counter so you're forced to engage with an associate. Wrong! I'll just go somewhere else.

Anyway, I got the rose and I got the cardamom lightly and a tad bit of ginger, but everything else is just a jumbled generic citric mess. To compound matters, the EDP moniker (which I was super jazzed about) is misleading as the longevity is barely on par with an EDT...must be taking lessons from Tom Ford and Jo Malone. When applied to my hand, I got maybe two hours, but projection had long since faded out. I was grossly under impressed and as the L'Homme line's swan song, this is sad indeed. It's a very noncommittal sorta Middle Eastern inspired rose and the cardamom just didn't do it for me.

Caveat: I am a HUGE YSL fan and have every. single. one. of the L'Homme flankers and this didn't make me want to buy a bottle or even ask for a tester. And I intentionally didn't wear anything that day with the sole purpose of trying Ultime and not affecting the scent. It wouldn't have mattered.

Any resemblance this bears to the original L'Homme, or any of the flankers for that matter, is purely coincidental. DO NOT BLIND BUY. It WILL wind up on eBay.

Tepatrojan
Tepatrojan

I dropped into Nordstroms to check this out. The description says it "Lasts Long"....well, it only lasted like 20 minutes. Im disappointed! I did like 7sprays on my arms, 3 sprays on my shirt, and 2 sprays into my chest,...and still, half hour later im askin my wife what she thinks, and its like ...silence,..crickets...she responds, "i dont smell anything on u"....aaaarrrgh,, this was a parfum!!! What happened!!?

Gault
Gault

Maybe a bit similar to Declaration d'Un Soir (no, its not another Declaration clone even though the notes could predict that), also similar to the original L'Homme with noticable changes (if this would have been released under a different brand no one would complain about this being a L'Homme copy), but this really doesn't have that much rose as some say in my opinion, I get a lot more sage, cedar, nutmeg and cardamom for example. It also has small traces of yuzu and 1 million-ish syntheticness. The composition works well (although I prefer the original's tonka base), its a decent release, it has managed to push L'Homme into a bit more mature and serious direction thanks to the enhanced presence of woody/spicy notes.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

This is an extremely interesting perfume. Rose for men is not predictable (in the western tradition) and here is spot on. Ginger and cardamom are among my favorite notes in male fragrances. Great! I'd almost say that I love it.

Hugo Montez
Hugo Montez

This is my favourite along with la nuit de l'homme.
Its in between l'homme and la nuit. Some ginger, cardamom and the rose note. i think the rose here works like lavender on la nuit. Love this scent.

jovejove

This is definitely my favourite L'Homme aside from the original. I feel like I'm cheating. It's so nice and every time I wear it, I get tons of compliments. I got a bottle about a month ago and it's pretty much finished already (I don't douse myself, I just like to sprits through out the day).

tetsuoyouth

It's now available today 4/22 in the US at Macys and Sephora, going to check it out. Will update later

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

I like this stuff in between the initial spray and the dry down. It smells great beyond those two things.

When I sprayed myself with 3 shots the stuff immediately burned my nose. The same exact reason I gave away my YSL L'Homme Sport. It's so aromatic and has the "dustyness" that my nose just can't handle.

The same with the dry down. Very "dusty" and way too aromatic for my nose just like the YSL Sport.

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

I recently purchased as it finally came to Columbus OH. My YSL rep was nice enough to give me call as soon as it was in the store. It is a fantastic scent, with the rose and floral notes also a hint of the original L'homme. The only scent I would say similar would be Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir due to the upfront rose note. I have both, however CDS tone is much drier than this one. Maybe because of the pepper notes, where Ultime carries through to the floral's and soft ginger. After purchasing, I sprayed 3 sprays immediately after leaving the store and they did last the rest of the night. The price tag is over $100.00 right now because it's new but definitely worth it since it's the last release from the L'Homme line.

Season: All
Sillage: 9/10
Longevity: 8.5/10

bigbz
bigbz

I got a 10ml decant a couple days ago and have only tried it once, but I really enjoyed it. Nothing special, but very well done IMHO. I'm not a fan of rose at all and thankfully didn't pick it up in this composition.(though there is definitely a mild floral element to it)

Something about it reminded me slightly of the drydown of a couple different frags. Allure Edition Blanche, because of the way the vetiver and citrus are presented in here. Also the light and airy florals/slight sweetness of the rock rose and geranium note of Nautica Oceans. Both of those frags are loves for me, so it's no surprise I really enjoyed this flanker from YSL. Longevity was good for a fresh scent as well. Terrific choice for a versatile spring/summer scent. More testing to do!:)

marwa
marwa

Wow! This is how I want a spring fragrance to smell like. Its fresh, spicy, flowery, different, a little sweet. Very nice use of notes. Thumbs up!

lovescully
lovescully

I happily admit to being a fan of the entire L'Homme line including both the recent L'Homme Parfum Intense and La Nuit De L'Homme L'Intense.

This latest Ultime EDP version is probably the one that strays the farthest from the original line the most. Although I suspect the rose accord is the reason, I really don't get that strong a representation of an actual rose accord. The rose is not a heavy rose as you might find in say Amouage's Lyric for men, it's more like a representation of a 'rose' like note. Like samuelgustav I too find the rose to have a creamy vibe and it works really well with the woody notes.

The sage, cardamon and ginger also work well providing a spicy aspect that reminds me much more of La Nuit De L'Homme than the original L'Homme. It's not sweet like L'Homme Parfum Intense, but it's a bit spicy, warm and woody.

The whole composition is very well blended and probably come across as quite 'safe' from an originality perspective. Nevertheless, I'm very happy to have added this one to my L'Homme collection.

As far as performance goes the longevity on this is as to be expected from an EDP (8 hours), but it has soft projection and wears quite intimate. As it's just heading into Autumn here in Sydney I suspect that this will get a lot of wear from me in the coming months.

lovetribe
lovetribe

I deleted my first review, I was disappointed, but now I have to say that it is well done. after having sniffed at other times I have to say that
the rose is predominant but not annoying, suitable for all year except the winter, after the disappointment of intense parfum I must say I really like this. the price is too high, however. 7/10 performance in the standard. not a powerbomb. less sweet than the original homme and more floral.

VILFI
VILFI

Unexpected! Does not contain the same sickening sweet note that La Nuit has. This smells fresher to me. Citrusy and a little Eau de Savauge-like. In other words, it has a delicate balance between classy and simple. The smell is pretty organic or nonsynthetic to me. A good fragrance for spring and summer days. Good strength for the type.

Thecameltotem
Thecameltotem

Got a teststrip with this.

Very fresh and a bit flowery.

Smells grapfruit with ginger and a touch of rose. It's like the original just more flowery.

Really good smell!

psychoskip
psychoskip

Just got my hands on this fragrance.
After two days here are my thoughts...

The opening is slightly sharp. I get the geranium, vetiver, with a base of rose and a hint of woods. It's very pleasant after you spray it, then sniff your wrist 5 seconds after.

As it settles, the sage comes out, but the geranium with rose base stays constant. The rose not in this is very light.

Overall -- I like it. I'm glad I purchased it and it's a keeper.

Upside -- Great scent, very pleasing, not offensive at all.
Downside -- longevity. For an EDP, this is not good performance. I get about 4-5 hours on skin, and 6-7 on clothes.

kokucu muco
kokucu muco

AFTER 1 HOUR IT SMELLS LIKE LA NUIT DE L'HOMME WITH ROSE

The opening is amazing, it reminds me of Al-rehab sultan but the drydown... I really don't like it but women do. I got 2 compliments today. At the mid i got Terre d'hermes with some rose and at the base. I got la nuit de l'homme with rose

Longevity is really good on me ( ~ 10 hours)
projection and sillage are average

groover
groover

Really nice scent that starts with citruses and
woody notes that makes a plesant smell, it
lasts a long time on my skin, finally an EDP
that performs quite well, i think this will
sell a lot tho its not unique, it has a
quality that i find very plesant.

jovejove

What people need to think about is that initially L'Homme was the original and La Nuit De L'Homme was the flanker. Yes, there is a few flankers to each of them, but if you look at how this line has developed, it's turned into just being the signature collection of YSL men's. Think of it as, instead of a fragrance saying "Pour Homme", L'Homme just signifies the men's line for YSL. They carry that signature YSL tone that is prominent in all their scents, but that's the same with all fragrance houses, like the Guerlainade. I'm semi trying to defend the line, just trying to translate what's happened to YSL men's.

This scent smells really good on me though, just saying.

Bbjr
Bbjr

Sincere apologies for not commenting on the smell of this stuff but I think YSL needs to stop wringing that L'Homme rag. Comes off as lazy and unoriginal.

tetsuoyouth

Description says it released in February yet I dont see it anywhere. Anyone know when this releases?

Endymion

Lasts about 6 hours? That's pretty lame from an Eau de Parfum! How much would it last if it were just an Eau de Toilette? 3 or 4 hours?
That's a joke how companies labeling their fragrances Eau de Parfum when they don't even have the staying power of vintage Eau de Toilettes!

PERFECT FRAGANCE!!!!

I like it a lot.

It's fresher than L'Homme and less sweet.You get mostly ginger, something a bit minty(geranium), and cedarwood.
Starts a bit strong but in 1 hour it fades to a sking scent and smells really nice and fresh with some floral accord in the background.

It lasts about 6 hours on me, and I have very dry skin.

Perfect for spring.

samuelgustav

I've been testing this beautiful juice for 2 days, so here are my initial thoughts:

First of all, I'm not a big fan of the original, love the opening, but I get a sour note in the heart that doesn't work well with my skin, still a lovely composition, now this one, I think I found my signature scent after years of searching, yup, I love it that much!

The opening is a little disappointing, I was looking forward to smell this one, then the first time I've sprayed in the paper strip and smell it, huge disappointment seemed more of the same, ginger, grapefuit and little spices, you know the l'homme signature, I fold that strip and put it in my pocket, after maybe 20min I reached out for it again just to check... and oh my, I felt in love, what the heck happened? I don't know and i don't care, went for a sample right way.

Now, in my opinion is a perfect addition to the L'Homme line, very versatile, very elegante, soft and charming. I was on the fence about the rose note, I usually don't like it that much, but in this case is done perfectly, is there but has a creamy vibe to it, complementing the fresh wood notes extremely well (the fact that it's edp is really important, I can't imagine this fragrance working has a edt, it would had horrible performance and would be difficult to retain that creaminess and body), what an amazing blend. I would say it's more of a spring summer fragrance, but it's so versatile, you can use it any season, anywhere in any occasion, but this has not a playful vibe, its seductive and charming scent only.

In terms of performance I need to test it a bit more, and since it's cold winter here, I curious to see how this will perform in spring, but for now I have good longevity (about 6-8 hours on skin, with good projection for 3-4 hours, this may not seem much, but on my skin this is good) and also got good reaction from my female friends.

Why this may be my signature scent? I believe a signature scent must have 4 factors: good for almost any occasion, any season, good performance and most important of them all, describe your personality only by the way it smell, now this one is no easy task, and I think this one may be it, I love it so much, perfection in a bottle!

All in All a perfect 10 in all regards (if it had a better performance it would be 11 out of 10, but I need to test it more, too soon to tell)

Finally, this reminds me of something that I can't figure it out, hopefully this community will help me out.

This is my 2 cents on my first thoughts about this fragrance since there's not much here.

simon.edwards
simon.edwards

Whilst it retains the outline of L'Homme, its missing something that's diminished from the overall 'juicyness'. Yes, it lasts longer, but i prefer the original.

uchini

In spain is available in all online perfumerie shops, and will be available this week in all fragance shops (not online).

I haven't tried yet, but I have ordered it for only 40€ 60 ml.

I'll make a review as soon as I recieve the fragance.

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

Looks promising. Always interested in ginger!

josukejojo
josukejojo

Funny how there's already ratings saying they dislike it when it's not even out yet.

Duborowski
Duborowski

I hope that for once, a L'Homme flanker that lasts. (I haven't smelled the old La Nuit bottle so it doesn't count!)

benbaker9405
benbaker9405

I'd imagine with a name like 'Ultime", meaning ultimate, that this will be in fact the ultimate, or last flanker from the L'Homme line. Although I think they have milked the cow dry at this point, I still think that the L'Homme line has blessed us with some seriously great flankers over the years. As a result, I am not going to discredit this one until I actually get my nose on it. Really looking forward to trying it out!

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

Mhhm....Ultime L'Homme, Ultime Parfum, Ultime L'homme Intense, Ultime Parfum Intense, Ultime L'Homme Parfum, Ultime L'Homme Parfum Intense coming too?

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

In French, Ultime means "the last one".
Let's hope it will be the very last flanker of this collection ;-)

matty64
matty64

The box in the main article says Edp. I hope that's a good thing!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.