Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Green « Groups

La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men

La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

herbal
La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent is a Aromatic Green fragrance for men. La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme was launched in 2011. The fragrance features fern, geranium, lavender, oak moss, patchouli and guaiac wood.

Fern Geranium Lavender oak moss Patchouli Guaiac Wood

Rive Gauche pour Homme

La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

ImAddicted
ImAddicted

Elegant and versatile woody lavender for men over 30. Wear it to go to the office, dates, you choose. Top quality, as you would expect from YSL.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

This is a blind-buy and I'm wearing it for the first time right now...yep, barbershop and shaving cream. Honestly, it's hard not to like this one unless you're a reformulation malcontent, but love is another story. I doubt that I will love this one...but who knows.

Update: I really do like this fragrance...it's on my list of fragrances to add to the rotation.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

What an amazing jouice!!!!!! This house is connected with my younger age during the beginning of 90's when I used to wear the absolute fragrance called jazz that hit the markets worldwide. About this one, it has the herritage and high quality of ingredients that this superb house has to offer. In the first 30 minutes of its life reminds me Narciso Rodriguez for him but more light and fresh underneath,more versatile and less "grey" and "melancholic" than NR. For sure a fragrance that separates a man from a boy but not old fashioned by telling that. Ages from 25-30+ will enjoy and appreciate it more. No doubt an exceptional well crafted scent with great versatility and excellent lasting and projection. It can easily be a signature scent. By they way older in production than Narciso Rodriguez for him so a big thumbs up from me!!

ergun.can.ilhan
ergun.can.ilhan

when you first smell it yes you feel like youre in barbershop.

but you also get the feeling that its the most elegant and expensive barbershop in the world.

good choice for daily use if you are over 25

royalLionheart
royalLionheart

Yep, so i notice they have made it slightly more modern and not so classic.. not a terrible reformulation but NO. The original is what Rive Gauche is really about, and same goes for M7, have tried them all and ended up with the originals.. if you're lucky enough to hunt them down ..get them!!!!

marcelopcr
marcelopcr

I absolutely adore this, but unfortunately I can't wear it till I'm like 40y old as it smells very very mature. Smells like a barbershop, very charming. It's the only reason why I want to get older lol.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

This and the original RGPH are both amazing, so I'm not going to get into the reformulation battle. Instead, I'll post here what I wrote about the original as it still applies

"As I write this, there's a thread in the forum asking readers to name fragrances that make them feel calm, sexy, spirited at work etc. Some are answering enthusiastically and others are noting their reluctance to pin their mood or personal disposition to any fragrance. While I see the fun in such a thread, yet the validity in the assertion that a person is not the sum total of the fragrance he or she wears, I cannot deny the 'effect' a fragrance can have on a person.
You see, there is something about Rive Gauche pour Homme that is at once old school and contemporary.

While many fragrances aim to evoke a certain mood or feeling such as sexy, clean, dark etc, I just simply feel 'like a man' with this. I'm not one to question my masculinity, never have or will - I'm not insecure about whether or not I'm 'manly'enough etc.

But somehow, I don't feel like a 'dude', or a 'guy' or a 'bloke' with Rive Gauche. I feel like I smell the way a man ought to smell - the way a woman imagines, or better still, 'wants' a man to smell. And from that can come all the other adjectives - suave, groomed, sexy, responsible, etc because though a man can be all of these great things, he is a man first. If Rive Gauche is aiming at anything, it is aiming at your contentment just to be a man.

This is a brilliant, smooth, crisp and delicious fougere that doesn't re-invent the wheel, but stands between yesterday and tomorrow. It is a modern classic, performs excellently, and is one that I'd be very happy if one day, when my children have grown up, remembered me by.

If you like classic fougeres like Azzaro Pour Homme and Drakkar Noir, but fear they are not contemporary enough (for me I'd gladly wear them now, I don't care), then you'll be in very good hands with Rive Gauche Pour Homme".

lovetribe
lovetribe

too much questions and compliments by woman!!!!!!!wow!

marioslg3
marioslg3

I dont see it as a toned down or chear or watered or lacking of longevity. It is very close to the original but greener. I like it as well as the original and beleive that people have problem with reformulations but unfo cant be avoided.

mikkov26
mikkov26

Superb fragrance, what else can I say! It really smells like a barber shop. One of my absolute favorites.

edit: The longevity is brilliant, 12+ hours!

hellel
hellel

More or less like the First Rive Gauche Pour Homme. More woody, less tendre, similar, but in a way different.. More expencive certainly.. Well, as to cut a long story short, itw worth buying it..

fabiomori
fabiomori

There used to be a store in the US called RUEHL. Its an upclass A&F. Same owner too. But clothes more sofisticated, adult, and more expansive. They closed in 2007. They had a signature perfume. For me, it reminds me a lot of this one. The stores smell like that too. For me, its a very masculine, woody and dry perfume. Reminds me of Azzaro ( the original for men) but more sofisticated. Some people say it reminds them a barber shop (?). Anyway, i love this.
My only concern is that this perfume might be better suited for an over 40's guy. Im not sure. Anyway, I am 35 athletic, active and work in suit and tie, so it gives me a serious and trustfull air. LOL

gd15329
gd15329

Oh my God what a fragrance (I've never had the chance to smell Rive Gauche pour Homme -original, but...) this one is one of the best and most masculine fragrances I've ever smelled...
projection / longevity: from all the test-paper-strips... this one still smells... one day after

Very rich (heavy) aromatic-woody, elegant sophisticated.
It reminds me a lot of Gentleman Givenchy-1974, but La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men is more refine and way more NOT-synthetic.

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

CDGfan
CDGfan

You can buy the discontinued original for less than half the price, why on earth would you buy a watered down, poor version of the original. This is what happens when Revlon does fragrances for YSL.

JohnMc
JohnMc

One could almost be forgiven for thinking that the whole point of these god-awful re-issue/reformulations was in order to get lovers of the originals to buy up all of the old (unsold) stock in as quick a time as possible, for the new offerings are equivalent to 'diet' versions of beloved 'full-fat' drinks!

Shahz
Shahz

This is not completely identical to the original but it is still very reminiscent of it. Less herbal and more floral. If you judge it for what it is without getting too hung up about comparing it to the original you would probably find it to be a decent scent.

murysusanto

In that case if you saw something that were discontinued and suddenly appear again on the market, no matter what, don't blind buy or you will regret entirely.

I found many cases like that and that is the issue

You can't revive the dead

murysusanto

I don't understand why brands so popular, and so many other brands with their signature fragrance and we used to remember in the 80's and 90's, when it's re-created or remake again, the formula changed??? why is it so hard to make the old formulae? is it because the ingredients used then were different then? or because so many organic things nowdays??and they can't get the beautiful alchemy anymore? or perhaps it changes master perfumer??

Well, in that case, we just lost that melody and becomes a loving memory

Oh dear...

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

Totally agree with THOR. This isn't the rive gauche that I used to know...
My dearest signature scent is gone 4ever...people beware, the original is much much better!!
Ugly bottle on top...

thor
thor

ALAS !!! 'THE' Rive Gauche Pour Homme that i knew and adored has been castrated. A crying shame !! I'm so bloody disappointed. The same applies to M7.

I seriously gotta get me self at least 2 full bottles of the original juice (its already getting scarce). I don't want to say anything else.

Oh! Just one more thing - UP YOURS YSL La Collection !!

yazounet
yazounet

Smells like a woman fragrance. A lot of Geranium inside with Lavender.That's it. I couldn't smell anything else. I would go with M7 in this range.

Hilaire
Hilaire

Judging by the reviews this is apparently a toned down reformulation. If that's the case then I can only wonder at the power and intensity the old Rive Gauche Pour Homme must have had. I find this version powerful and masculine, very much a power perfume. Only for the confident.

Excellent sillage and tremendous longevity. Worth adding to your collection even if you don't wear it often.

nikthegrek
nikthegrek

i have test it side by side with the original,it is toned down,still the same smell like the old but more soft..
my advice..stock up the old legent..

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I like to think they've recognized the potential in Rive Gauche to be a modern scent, and figured taking out the notes that held the old school face and gave it youth. But I wot know til I try it I guess

@K1
Well, it seems we think the the same about YSL which is very sad :(
YSL used to be my favourite brand with bold, brave and uncompromising but still very popular fragrances.
But now... Elle, Parisienne, Belle d'Opium, L'homme x3, they make safe choices.
I still like the brand but ONLY for its old catalogue (Opium, Kouros, Jazz, Paris, M7, NU, Opium PH, Rive Gauche).
It's the same with Rochas, but that house has a much worse destiny :(

Oh my precious! :(
I have to stock you up in your fine striped metal bottle!

Rive Gauche Pour Homme without its saturine power. Toned down and mannered.

La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent 4.14 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.