Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

La Collection Y Yves Saint Laurent for women

La Collection Y Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

La Collection Y Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures La Collection Y Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures La Collection Y Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

La Collection Y by Yves Saint Laurent is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. La Collection Y was launched in 2011. Top notes are bergamot and spices; middle notes are pink pepper, white flowers and iris; base notes are patchouli and oak moss.

Bergamot Spices

Pink Pepper White Flowers iris

Patchouli oak moss

Week End a Deauville

La Collection Y Fragrance Reviews

passionata20
passionata20

30. october 2012

Finally i had a chance to test a rest of the "La collection" fragrances and while i loved the "In love again" (the best versions of them all IMHO), liked the "Nu" and "Yvresse" (not as good as the originals, but a good substitute anyway), i completly disliked this one! I rarely say that BUT this one is quite terrible!!!!
Let me say that i had troubles with the original "Y" in it´s last edition in the beginning of our relationship. I also dislike it, but mostly because of the powdery drydown i was getting from it, while wearing during a winter time. Then i have changed my mind and began to love it, since the powder was gone in a drydown during the springtime and it was a very nice and classy chypre for a springtime. I do own it in EDT and pure parfum.
Now bak to this one. Unbearably sharp! Ugly synthetic oakmoss that will not compliment probably any wearer of it. Just plain dry and sharp. I had such a grimace on my face when i sniffed it! Then it just becomes softer and fades away into unmemorable dry scent with a slightly peppery-sweet (patchouli here??!!!) drydown which is no close to the original "Y" at all!. I believe it didn´t sell well since it was once discontinued, but i doubt it will sell better now, since it is not an "Y" we all remeber and love (some of us who hate it might like this partucular version thoiugh).
One thing is good that it has a nice sillage (which for me is actually not a plus, since the fragrance is non-wearable to me) and lasting power is very nice as well.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

I am so sad that the powers that be at YSL would insult the vision of the person that created their legacy. "Y" is simply one of the most beautiful fragrances created, perfectly composed. Why tamper with which cannot be improved??? Oh why does a simple fad in perfumery to make everything mediocre make them think EVERYTHING, even iconic masterpieces, need retooling?? People yet to experience this will not get the entire story of why YSL was great. Why must they dumb down to an uneducated audience?? There is just not that many great vintages left that they haven't sought to discontinue or cheapen for the latest fad. I checked these reviews out to see if this is the same Y. Sadly, the beautiful rose note has been excluded...that says it all for me. I totally am 100% with you, Marying, and fkollmeier; your description of original "Y" tugs on my heart. Judging from the addition of pink pepper(whhhaatt???) and deleted rose I won't be trying this one.

Marying
Marying

Why oh why did they change the original formula. This smells very second rate.

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

i havent sampled this one but i have had a chance to get my nose on the original ysl y. what a gorgeous fragrance!!!! it is VERY classy and understated. telling from the notes of this comeback i don't get why the pink pepper was added. y is not a fragrance that should be worn by everybody. it is simply too unique and i don't see why ysl would go with the trend. definitely an evening perfume that smells rich and very exclusive!!! stays on forever and becomes much more subtle in the dry down. i get notes of aldehydes at first that make way to mossy, green and flowery to balmy notes. i also get patchouly and some lilly of the valley?! i can see a strange connection to the ysl rive gauche. projection is extremely strong.

mylancome
mylancome

I never try the Original Y. This is a unisex green chypre, made me think of my Molinard de Molinard. Y is more to bitter oakmoss while Molimard is sweet grass.

La Collection Y by Yves Saint Laurent 3.00 out of 5 based on 48 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Collection Y fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Collection Y, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Y by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Y by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.