Designers » T-Z » Chypre Fruity « Groups

La Collection Yvresse Yves Saint Laurent for women

La Collection Yvresse Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

tropical
La Collection Yvresse Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures La Collection Yvresse Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures La Collection Yvresse Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

La Collection Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent is a Chypre Fruity fragrance for women. La Collection Yvresse was launched in 2011. Top notes are litchi and nectarine; middle notes are rose and violet; base note is patchouli.

Litchi Nectarine

Rose Violet

Patchouli

Yvresse (Champagne)

La Collection Yvresse Fragrance Reviews

joan100
joan100

This one smell reminds me of a very strong guvava flavoured fizzy pop drink! Not as good and complex as the original Yvresse.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Having never smelt the original, I can only guess what it was. Knowing that Grossman was the nose is enough to know it would have been amazing.

Comments on this version............ I don't like fruit in perfume, Fist thoughts were ugh, fruit salad, pass me the soap to get rid of this. However this lasted all of 1 minute and I was left with a rather lovely scent which was exactly like the colour of the bottle (creamy). In fact it was the bottle I noticed first and this is the second time I have asked about it. The first time I only got a sample on paper and the fruit never wore off.

Although there is nothing bubbly about this, it is rather unusual for today's offerings and I may yet be tempted.

Having worn it now for some hours I notice an affiliation with Tresor Absolu. Having discovered both these perfume houses belong to L'Oreal, I can understand this co-incidence, Hopefully they will not end up cloning scents for each perfume house.

migueldematos
migueldematos

This reformulation lost all the fizzyness and energy of the original and is left with a sweet and cloying reminder of it's old glory. However, the drydown is actually pleasant and closer to the original version.

Gabba
Gabba

I feel hyacinth, poudre and violet mostly, it's a cute, fresh and long lasting spring fragrance, like a lot of YSL fragrances. It's an older brother of Paris, Balenciaga.

AnnetteInFrance
AnnetteInFrance

Having now tested the original Yvresse (EDT) and this version my thoughts are the following:
The 'collection' version is more brash and crude. I prefer the subtlety, femininity and delicatesse of the original. You definitely pick up the missing notes in the original too which makes it an altogether more creamy, soft and sensual fragrance.
I find this version slightly disappointing. One has all the class of Monica Bellucci and the other is Megan Fox.

gentiana
gentiana

I realize now what a treasure I have in my drawer: an Yvresse from 2010 and an Opium from 2007, used 2 or 3 times.... :)

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

Yes it is a bit different than the original Yvresse but it is very close to that scent (for the first 2 hours almost identical). And the most important thing of all, at least for me, it is worth the money. It has great sillage and it is very long lasting! I love it and i usually hate reformulations. But you have to remember this: thay had stopped producing the perfume at all! So we should be happy they brought it back in the market. I am!

kneissl
kneissl

GOOD FOR THE MONEY! Went by the YSL counter in my local dept store the other day and decided to try it the new La Collection version. First I spritzed a card and put it in my wallet and then after my wrist. All I can say is, on my skin it was a very vague reminder of the original Yvresse; all I got was a slap of something very pungent and after one hour I could not recognise it as Yvresse any more! In my wallet it lasted a few days and all the money in there came out smelling of Patchouli :o) I wore Champagne when it first came out and on my wedding day in 1995. I still have the pure perfume bottle, albeit empty but the fragrance is still there. I have worn Yvresse on and off since then and have no intention of buying the new "cheap" clone :o(

annahaener

@lazza well, fascinating - I feel peaches and champagne bublles in this "la collection" version. I tried twice the original Yvresse and it was huge disappointment - weird sweet powdery perfume... no peaches no sparkle nothing...

lazza

Update....After wearing La collection for last few days it does have a weak resemblence to Yvresse, my opinion is better than my firt day of wearing, but still a huge dissapointment compared to Yvresse and it's beautiful complex formula. What is sad is there is no choice, that if you desire a vague reminder of Yvresse this is all we have left to choose from.
Of course this is on my skin, hopefully others have a more satisfying result. But am still very dissapointed and a little dillusioned that La Collection is my only alternative.

lazza

I succumbed and bought La Collection Yvresse, realising that every one's skin does react differently to fragrances. I am appalled that L'oreal would do this to such a unique perfume. The package and bottle has Yvresse on it, it is nothing like the discontinued Yvresse. Yvresse has around 24 notes in it La Colletion has 5. Sprayed and was hit with chemical green note. The smell on my skin is disgusting, can barely smell the peach, vaguely can detect the violet, and the dry down patchouli is vile,a chemical smell that smells as if I had rolled in mouldy grass clippings. Will see by the end of the day the result, the old Yvresse would last all day on my skin, it was effervescent and the powdery dry down was delightful. Doubt if i will ever waste my money on La Collection ever again. It is like comparing vinegar to fine wine.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i haven't had the good fortune to sniff the original so no comment there. I do think that despite reading the reviews before trying a sample of this, that this is a lovely perfume. it's powdery and soft but not so soft that it disappears, as to its longevity we shall see towards the end of the day. the notes listed are accurate, i can actually piece out the flush of nectarine, the sweetness of lychees, the delicate violet flower and the oomph of the patchouli. overall, a lovely perfume. nothing va va voom but deserving of a good review.
Having tried and bought the original Yvresse, I have to say the two are completely different scents. Not to say La collection is bad, not at all. I still stand firm that it is a lovely scent. But it is a younger, more innocent, less interesting scent than Yvresse who comes across as a lush compared to the other. I like both...will save them for my Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde days :)

annahaener

gotta write again, I start to wear ONLY this perfume... It is amazing... just amazing... thanks god i never tried the vintage version, wouldn't be able to appreciate it!!! as i can't smell "fakes" like estee, knowing, magie noire etc...

ivan.vusurovic
ivan.vusurovic

how can they write it was launched 2011?first it was called champagne(like i see people know that)and was very short time on market.i m so lucky to have 50ml edp,and 50ml extrait-both just sprayed once!much nicer botle then this new one,and more concentrated,dark gold juice!only perfume i like with fruits(where you realy smell the fruits).

carolyntouchet
carolyntouchet

Yvresse is My signature scent.I too wore it first as Champagne.I have one still in the box for backup.I can't believe the bottle has changed!!I agree why mess with perfection!!!

annahaener

I really love it! I sprayed it once in the morning, I still feel it now, it lasted for more then 12 hours... wow!

passionata20

I have tried it now several times and i can assure you that this one still smells like Yvresse and quite long lasting as well, but since it is reformulated, the composition is not that rich and the opening is not pleasant at all, it scared me off, you have to get use to it. With original "Yvresse" it was different, it was pleasant all the way and had a real "fizzy" feeling. This one just as still as it can be, nothing "bubbly". But still quite good (though chemical is the word i always get when spray this) and if you miss Yvresse it is a good copy. Please don´t expect it to be an exact copy of Yvresse.
So worth trying indeed.

vmzaneti

Iazza, you're right. But some other fragrances by YSL were also relaunched in this new flacon, and accordingly to some reviews, they seemed reformulated by L'oreal. Hence, my worry.

I hope that they've kept Yvresse intact and that the new flacon is just a new representation, not a new scent. Let's hope.

lazza

Please correct me if I am wrong, but there was
a legal battle with Yves Saint Laurent after the launch of Champagne perfume was lauched in 1993.
They objected to the word champagne so champagne was
re-named Yvresse not re-formulated. I also thought that Yvresse (ivresse) a play on words meant intoxication, drunk! I have not found anywhere that it
was re-formulated only re-named because of that legal battle.

seventh
seventh

the real yvresse was infact champagne. yvresse was a copy.

vmzaneti

If they discontinued the real Yvresse to put another reformulation to sell in its place I'll curse L'oreal forever. First, they ruined Opium, now they change Yvresse?
Why don't they change Babydoll? For God's sake... don't mess with something that is already great. It seems like they're doing it intentionally, killing the classics of YSL!

I love Yvresse to death, and would be very disappointed if they've changed it for the worse.

Oh, and the new bottle is a crap!

Damn it L'oreal, you should have kept yourself in the shampoo businness.

passionata20

First of all i haven´t tried the "Yvresse" but only "Champagne" which i have both in EDT and pure parfum version and i looove it. Maybe the original "Yvresse" is no different from "Champagne", i don´t know, but yesterday i have smelled finally this new edition of "Yvresse" and was really dissapointed. Yes, it is still very much like "Champagne", but it has much more violet leaves in it and too much of the rose note. Because of that the opening is very much chemical and really unpleasant. While the original one was more fizzy thanks to the peaches, this one is having more of some dusty note in it. This one doesn´t have that amazing peach note and you can instantly feel that there are less notes in composition than in the original one. Quite suffocating in the beginning it becomes more pleasant after many hours, but still a shadow of this joy in the bottle... Nope, i will pass on this one, next please...
UPDATE (next day): well, this one is actually not bad, might be even enjoyable, but for those who have experienced the original one this one might not be enough. While original one was like a dance of champagne bubbles this one is more like a sad purple rain.
ANOTHER UPDATE (the day after tomorrow): Well, after trying this one the 3rd time and wearing it for the whole day i start to like it actually. Yes, still the opening is too chemical for me, too much dusty violet combined with rose, but in general this is quite the same fragrance as it used to be in general MINUS fizzy peach. It can be really nice actually and i keep sniffing my wrist the whole day today. Sillage is great and lasting power as well, so i have no big complaints actually. But of course, the original will be my favorite, i wouldn´t lie about that. As much as i hate to admit it L´oreal have done a nice job with this one as well.

jackgirl
jackgirl

the original yvresse is gone from YSL website.
I think this "collection" version is all there is left :((... good for me I've just ordered the good stuff.

lazza

As previously said, if this is a replacement,
will go into mourning. discraceful. Why change perfection?

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

jesus, what are YSL doing to their best fragrances?? First Opium, now Yvresse has died a death...terrible reformulations!!!

La Collection Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent 3.13 out of 5 based on 70 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Collection Yvresse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Collection Yvresse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.