Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

La Collecton Nu Yves Saint Laurent for women

La Collecton Nu Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

smoky
La Collecton Nu Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures La Collecton Nu Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures La Collecton Nu Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

La Collecton Nu by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. La Collecton Nu was launched in 2011. Top notes are cardamom and bergamot; middle notes are incense and orchid; base note is olibanum.

Cardamom Bergamot

Magnolia Pourpre

La Collecton Nu Fragrance Reviews

joan100
joan100

I remember the original EDP version back in the early 00s and I am sorry to say that this is a more simple and less stronger re launch of the original which was truly sensual and addictive.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I don't love this, but I like it. It's bold and spicy, but still very wearable. Perhaps a good alternative if you thought Opium was too mature or heady (I actually just wrote a somewhat mean review of that one).

Carnation
Carnation

This is one beautiful perfume. The cardamom is there but not in an obtrusive way. It blends so well with the orchid and the incense. The effect is a classy, cosmopolitan perfume. I am surprised this is so well done, considering L'OREAL owns the brand now and YSL passed on several years back. They evidently payed homage to him because this fragrance seems to be a mirror of his fashion line. Absolute classy sensuality abounds.
I thought I could smell really strong leather in the opening and subtly thereafter but it's inclusion is not listed in the lineup listed above. No matter because it's got me anyway.

jivaswood
jivaswood

I usually don't get happy when I see that are reviving fragrances, for one simple reason: Always change the original formula. No, this isn't a rule (but it's something that's almost impossible to not happen). Well, compared to NU, I am very saddened. This new version is, as said below,'' shadow'' of the first (It could be more inconspicuous than the EDT). Anyway, L'oreal isn't least bit worried about quality or relaunch the product in question here and the focus is profit. What happens? They developed a line called ''la collection'' (shaming) and they're relaunching the greatest hits / classics from YSL label . Neither my adored and loved NU was spared. Yes, it's just a poorly made replica and what is worst in the composition is a jet of synthetics and cheap (worthy of the L'oreal laboratories). Unfortunately I come across on the shelves of department stores with this new version and I'm laughing with the charm of some in relation to perfume. Yes, NU arouses interest of many who had no opportunity to have it or know it, but this is not the best chance. A shame, a lack of respect to my favorite YSL. Anyway, we live in a period where market and money is above and overlaps everything. This NU is worthy of the season: empty, deluded, indulgent and shallow. It is pitiful. Saint Laurent & L'oreal are destroying (or at least helping) an inheritance honorable and pompous.

Scent:
2*/5*

Bottle:

1*/5* (I can't find anything interesting in a cube embedded in another cube and that supposedly it will refer us to a chess piece.)

pioggia-secca
pioggia-secca

Wow how many bad reviews and I've just bought this one today.

Well what can I say... I love it. It's spicy, it's soft, it's strong (bad longevity? really? I still smell it very very distinctly, and it's been 9 hours).
I haven't ever tried the much-spoken-about old version, and maybe if I had, comparison would not be in favor of this one, but ... coulda woulda ... you know.
Actually, I don't mind. Times change, recipes change, design change. And I love the bottle. Pretty laconic design.

How it smells: woody+bit sweet, spicy, warming. very little insence (never even thought there is until seen here), and thank you very much for that - if i'd smelled it when I tried it I would have never bought.

marimardepp
marimardepp

The only frangrance I use from anything that comes from L'oreal group. It's powdery and spicy. the downside: wears off rather quickly. Expensive to be retouching throughout the day but it just smells so good I don't care of the expense.

Niovi
Niovi

Once again the reviews here were pretty accurate.
The perfume is still good but it's not the same.
It's spicy and citrus-y but less smokey, less deep and less complicated.
I would buy it but it is ridiculously expensive for what it is. After all, after months of mourning, I substituted the original Nu with Dior Addict and I am quite happy about it, I would not want to cheat now that I settled down.

Roshap
Roshap

i'm not one to lament discontinued fragrances or to bemoan reformulations. having said that, the current nu is barely a vague ancestor of the original edp. gone are the layers, the complexity, most of the incense and some of the lotus. there, now let's let go and move on. the new version is nice enough. i always enjoy the freshness of bergamot, which i find is even more prominent now. i do like this for what it is but probably will not buy it again when my bottle is done.

passionata20
passionata20

01. november 2012

let´s be honest, you probably have double thoughts about this fragrance since it was released by L´oreal and we all know now (and that´s not a secret) that L´oreal ruined many fragrances by reformulating them. I have the original "Nu" in EDP and i love it, i have original EDT and like it as well, so when i heard that it was re-released i was very happy about it. By now i have tested every female version of "la collection heritage" fragrances and some i love, some i like and some i dislike. So i will give you my honest opinion about this one as well.

First i would like to describe this particular fragrance and then compare.
When applied onto the paper blot i thought: "WOW! it is just the same as it used to be!" Then, 5-10 minutes later i have noticed that after a strong opening it becomes much more softer, but then again goes back to it´s sexy roots and on paper it stays very incensy for a very long time (next day it was still going strong with spices and incense). When as applied on my skin it was the same reaction and it acted absolutly the same, my only complaint is about the sillage: it is poor!!! I don´t know how many sprays i would have to give to achieve the same sillage as with the original one. I guess twice as much! And the drydown is more spicy than incensy. But (here comes the comparision) the general impression: it is very close to original, yes it´s weaker on sillage, but a lasting power is good (almost 12 hrs) and it is a softer one. The original was quite spicy and even more on a masculine side, it projected very loudly (i´ll take that ma´am). In this one you can smell all the notes from the beginning minus wood and less spices. Softer incense, but don´t think it´s a shy girl - no, she is confident, but no longer wears leather jacket or skinny leather pants with killer stilettos. She still wears the leather jacket but this time with flat boots. Still sexy and confident but a bit more vulnerable. Think of her as she has lost a bit of her ambitions, but still knows what she´s doing.
In overall it is very close to the original, of course the ingredients has been changed, but the spirit is still here. Don´t judge it too hard, it is a beautiful one. I really really like this one, but to be completly honest since i have several bottles of the original "Nu", i probably won´t buy this one since i don´t need it. The rest of you who don´t have the experience with the original one: go for this one, you won´t loose much!
So i loved the "In love again" re-edition (THE BEST version of this fragrance by far and it´s my TOP5 favorite), i really like "Nu" (nice job), i like "Yvresse" (you have to get used to it, but it´s lovely) and dislike the horrid version of "Y" (same faith as with Opium - they´ve ruined it!)

Majesty
Majesty

I haven't tried the original Nu but I really enjoyed this version. A modern Nu? For those who have tried the old one it's much easier to compare. On me,Nu is a silent,deep woody fragrance which opens with juicy bergamot and dries down into an olibanum-cardamom,slightly spicy combination.It's not loud,spices don't scream here,on the other hand it's smooth,tranquil,mysterious. I find a great similarity between Penhaligon's Malabah,Guerlain's Mitsouko and Nu.The drydown is something between Malabah and Mitsouko. It's like Mitsouko taming the spiceness of Malabh,creating ''Nu''. I really like the nude cubic bottles,also lasting power is very good.

seventh
seventh

i had nu before which lasted forever. this one is similar in smell but very shy and quiet. it last long but stays close to the skin and has poor silage. the fragrance itself is pleasent and modern with a hint of masculinity but i think its too expencive considering nu was my favorite edp ever. still have nu edt and i can tell it last much more than the reformulated nu.

milkyway
milkyway

I really did not expect it to be so mainstream when tried it. Don't think it's inherited much from it's predecessor. Very fresh as well as spicy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it reminds me of Elle somehow.. The dry down is delicious though, very deeply spicy with just a hint of orchid and some fruit. And it lasts and lasts..

reignydaze
reignydaze

The original Nu EDP by YSL was a beautifully mysterious, spicey oriental. I loved the packaging, which seemed new and differant in 2001 as did the fragrance itself. There was a dark sexiness to this that made it a perfect evening fragrance. Good sillage and super longevity....NOW A WARNING... LOREAL HAVE DESTROYED IT. NU by Loreal is a wet and windy cheap copy of NU in the cheapest nastiest bottle. Loreal are fucking up every perfume with integrity that YSL ever produced. It is now cheap juice for mega bucks. I fear to smell the new Y as im still in therapy over the reformulated Opium. Loreal sucks.

carneiro7
carneiro7

Just a shadow of the original masterpiece. RIP.

just_sara
just_sara

I have sniffed the original and this one. If you love the original and want this one. Please test it. It is just not the same anymore. It is still a lovely fragrance, BUT
something is missing. That something that made NU NU. It made it sexy and provocative. The depth is gone. It has been watered down and softend. They try to make the parfum more acceptable! ?? WHY!?? Im not in love with it! And wouldnt even spend my money on it anymore.

L'oreal = Bad marketing. Slimming down the line and cheaper packaging OK. Changing the parfum to something else hell NO! Luxury is not what it used to be anymore.........

Migotka
Migotka

I never tested the original NU in either concentration, so I can only rely on this new, reformulated version. Comment one: I definitely preferred the old one rather than the quite bland, creme bottle. The fragrance itself is very pleasant- I am actually a bit surprised at how much I like it knowing that most often the reformulated scents are nowhere near as good as the original scents. Nu is pleasant and soft and creamy- if the cream can be spicy at the same time. It reminds me of Sanctuary's body butter called Kyphi- which was an excellent sweet and spicy vanilla.

Here there might not be any vanilla, but there is a touch of smoky sweetness and all together- nice to see this name back in business. My only however big complain is about the lasting power or rather its lack. One hour and the scent is gone from my skin.

glitterlust
glitterlust

How divine, a re-issue of NU. It comes as quite a surprise and I can't say how much I like the bottle design though.

As for the scent, perfect as far as I can tell. I hadn't smelled NU in over 5 years though I did have the ETD version a few years back. I much prefer the EDP as it is softer, simpler and heavier. Some white flowers, incense and delicious musky woods.

Bravo YLS for bringing back a wonderful scent (if only other companies could do this with the many iconic, deceased legends we all love).

ambra
ambra

La mia nonna era innamorata di questo profumo! Che le avevo regalato io un Natale tanti anni fa! E poi come al solito...hanno sospeso la produzione! Sarà uguale a quello di 10 anni fa (piu'o meno)?

wvfonseca
wvfonseca

If thay come to Brazil I would buy all the bottles of Nu.

Se vier para o Brasil eu comprarei todos os frasco de Nu sem excessão.

boyxtoy
boyxtoy

i hope this will smell the same as original Nu edp :(

La Collecton Nu by Yves Saint Laurent 3.83 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Collecton Nu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Collecton Nu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collecton Nu by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collecton Nu by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.