Designers » T-Z » Oriental Fougere « Groups

La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men

La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

I have it: 630 I had it: 205 I want it: 481 My signature: 24

La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum was launched in 2010. Top notes are bergamot, anise and pepper; middle notes are lavender, french labdanum and fruity notes; base notes are vetyver, patchouli and vanille.

Bergamot Anise Pepper

Lavender French labdanum Fruity Notes

vetyver Patchouli Vanille

Bois Secret

La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

lneleman

I just sold this baby. It was the first fragrance I bought on my fragrance journey. We had great times especially on dates and during the summer heat days. In the summer, Le Parfum is a near perfect scent. During the winter I stopped wearing her and that was mainly because she was less sweet. The reason I finally let go off this fragrance is because I rarely interacted with her anymore. Sometimes she is too earthy and bitter, and these periods do not outweigh the sweet phases. I have better fragrances for any occasion, and do not want to deal with skin scents.

To the person that acquired my bottle, take good care of her. She may not be perfect now, but in my eyes she was at the start.
Listening to With or Without You (U2) fits my experience with this fragrance to the bone.
Farewell sweet princess.

rushrocker
rushrocker

This is an extremely-well done but generic spicy oriental fougere. I'd probably classify this as an oriental spicy, because it smells super similar to Old Spice and fragrances like that. It's the same "style" as that to my nose. Which makes it super generic and boring, but hey if you like this kind of thing you may love this one.

This fragrance is mature, sophisticated, and spicy. I do not consider it an 'everyday' scent. I also do not like this scent as I have nothing to wear it with, it's for someone older than I am (31), and it is not appropriate for any settings in my life. I suppose this is something meant to be worn while dressing-up in a business setting and perhaps on a date.

To my nose, this is nothing like the original La Nuit. You can sense about 10% of the DNA, but that's where it ends. It's a totally different style fragrance. And it doesn't have that sexy, mysterious, cardamom sweetness. The dry-down on this lasts ages and ages.

My overall opinion is to pass on this unless you like an "old-school" style cologne. I have no use for this fragrance and it's not good enough for me to try and find a use for it either.

7/10 for quality.

2/10 for usefulness for anyone under age 50.

spcmiller
spcmiller

This is a superlative scent: perhaps the best in the entire line. I like that it's in an EDP concentration, but isn't heavy or overbearing. It's the perfect scent for fall/winter, and it works in the spring if it's cooler and raining. Granted, it's too strong for summer usage and becomes cloying very quickly, but any other time or place is perfect. I don't think I would advise this for anyone under the age of 30, as it's quite mature and you have to have a presence and a certain maturity to wear it.

Eduard0e
Eduard0e

Have this perfume fore about 4 month and i love it!
Only in my opinion the Longevity is a bit short for a EDP, i did not had the EDT but smelled smelled it before.
The EDP has a much warmer tone! so i got the EDP

Scent 8/10
Projection 5/10
Longevity 5/10

TechGuyZ
TechGuyZ

Bought this one thinking I've ordered the EDT, but I must say this one is a bit different in a good way.

When you spray this, it will remind you a bit of Burberry London's top notes (that boozy xmas feel) but then this turns into something dry and powdery. I am not much of a fan when it comes to powdery scents, but this one is done a tad right. The base smells almost like cedar and it calms down just a bit.

Longevity and projection is average and you may want to be careful with the trigger on this one since it can become a bit cloying if you over spray your clothes.

I can't say I am happy to own this one, but I am not disappointed as well. If you own the regular one, test this one first but I wouldn't buy it if you already love the EDT version.

razzo984
razzo984

Fruity, loved it from the day 1, BUT, something in it gives me enormous headache.

drumer
drumer

My repects to everyone here. I read the reviews got hyped and bought it. Hated it.. next day had to go back and return it. It made me uncomfortable all the while i had it on. Its the type of perfume u shudnt wear in company as it might be very repulsive. Sorry guys. I hope my opinion gelps people who are going to see you tube and buy this thing. I did the same.

mnmlizm
mnmlizm

I bought this YSL La Nuit EdP before it the stateside market, just for the rarity of the flanker. I really didn't know where to start with wearing it, but figured given awhile I could appreciate it.

Oriental fragrances are a special one to me because they have a magnetic charm about them in a way that really captivates attention from any walk of life. That being said, something about this La Nuit that really stands out from the L'Homme pack. This is distinctively a man's scent that is dark and alluring. Being a 27 year old I felt that it was out of my depth, and didn't quite fit my style at the time hence why I was hesitant to use it from the jump. I quite hadn't made that leap into life where I felt like I wanted to have my cologne make such a huge statement with noses. The sillage is beastly in terms of how it fills a space. I remember the first time wearing this and really comparing it to a Tom Ford, Comme des Garcons, or Creed in terms of strength and power. I could compare it to niche fragrances also, and just found this to be quite unique for the house of YSL.

The spicy, sweet almost boozy, and woody combination really strikes a chord with women. I have never had a scent that makes an introductory statement on such a level.
I guess if Saint Laurent Paris had a scent this would be it. I feel that if Hedi Slimane would want something out under that title and the house conceded that this is Saint Laurent Paris Homme. THROUGH AND THROUGH. It's got that rock star vibe and attitude. It's magnetic and alluring. I'm 30 years old and I'm dialed down a bit from the youthful avant garde style to something a little more understated.

Even when I tell someone what it is, they get the "fancy eyes" well for one it is YSL and has a long French title which it you say the whole thing people just go nuts about it. Quite an inspiring piece in my collection.

Romain shk
Romain shk

For me it is sex in a bottle, i can't just simply remember exactly how many girls gave me compliments on this one, out standing truly... Just the projection is weak, but i always go with 8 sprays in winters and about 6 sprays in summers and you are in...it is more deeper and darker then the edt, opening is a bit fruitier for 30 mins or so and after that it gets darker..
love this one now...

fialho

I got 100ml bottle to day and you know what ?
it has nothing to do with the EDT version.
For me,I prefer the EDT version as a spicier ,sweeter and warmer perfume.

For the EDP it's not bad at all but it just not my type I think I could get the same tone down as the edt version but NO all I get is a GREY feeling about it I can't clearly identify what are in it.

You may call me crazy but for the blended note in EDP I got a feeling like the leather.if you aian't sweat The smell could be like a sweet synthetic perfume. Don't let the snob attitude about SYNTHETIC bring you down because if that's nice,u should go for it.

EDP is deeper but NOT like the EDT even the tone down notes.

If you want to wear it and go out, PICK EDT.
But if you're about to get laid , WEAR EDP.

Lando1976
Lando1976

La Nuit EDT was on my Christmas list but received the EDP instead. Definitely not the same as the EDT; richer and a more robust scent. Longevity is good but silage is rather disappointing. I mean, you practically need to be embracing your mate in order for them to pick up the scent. Perhaps that was the point of this one ;) Overall, a lovely and intimate parfum that is less common than other YSL fragrances.

king.of.disaster
king.of.disaster

Smells strong and peppery on initial spray but then the fruity notes come up. It settles with a very pleasant sweet smell. Longevity is quite satisfying. I haven't tried the original La Nuit so I can't compare.

shell_bell
shell_bell

I'm a female who wears and loves this.

Fruits with pepper and a vanilla note? Why don't they make this for us girls?

Definitely masculine straight out of the bottle but this softens significantly to a "sweet but not so sweet" scent.

If you were a man and happened to be wearing this you would *definitely* have my attention. Great stuff!

smora
smora

In my opinion a very successful YSL flanker, unfortunately not so popular. It opens up with oriental mix of anise and pepper reminding me of Opium pour Homme, with small dose of soft barbershop lavender. The fullness of fragrant body is fulfilled by sweet fruity ester notes, like candied fruits coated in chocolate. Resins and pale vetiver give another masculine touch, ending with gentle and peaceful vanilla.
Not so loud as EdT, more rounded, more mystical and less synthetic. Sexy, but somehow cool.
Wear EdT if you're single, and Le Parfum if you have a special lady in your heart.

Scentrack: Serge Gainsbourg - Black Trombone

Rating: sexy cool ****

Medard
Medard

I got a bottle as a present and I was really excited to try this out especially since I'm in love with the EDT version.

Well, it wasn't love at first sight. The pepper note was too strong for my nose, but I really wanted to love this perfume so I kept giving it chances over and over again.
One evening I came to the conclusion that it's time to face the fact that we aren't made for each other and it's time to part our ways. I was seriously considering a swap when a question popped into my mind. Why not both? So I layered the EDP with the EDT and the result was beyond my expectations. The distracting pepper note withdrew, giving its place to a hypnotizing blend of lavender, cardamom, vetyver, patchouli and vanilla-kissed fruits. It's dark, mysterious and seductive.

This combo is my lethal nighttime weapon and it works like a charm.

lneleman

I have been testing this fragrance for a while. I love the scent and cannot think of many fragrances that smell better. Although it is an EDP, it is peculiar that the projection and longevity are moderate at best. This fragrance projects well in the first hour but then becomes a skin scent. Although it is a romantic scent, I love to wear it during the day aswell, just because it smells so fantastic and seductive. Too bad it does not project past the first hour. The longevity is slightly better, so I ultimately end up smelling my wrist throughout the day. In short, incredible scent handicapped by its lack of performance.

assim.hayderi

I think it is quite similar to the original one. Which one I would prefer, I don't know to be honest. They are both very weak when it comes to projection. I am not so fascinated about their longevity either. Spray a lot and often to keep the smell alive!

Scent 8/10
Projection 5/10
Longevity 6/10

xixixipeople
xixixipeople

Well after all its la nuit...its night time..when intimate with your girl...sniffing out your neck..well maybe because it weak projection after a couple hour (on me) oh its deeper richer rather than edt..

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

A deeper, mature and more sophisticated version of La nuit de l'homme, it's more subtle "not so much in your face" but still powerful enough. In my opinion, perfect for a night out, date, for a gentleman 28/30+ not so much for a younger crowd (for that you have the EDT version, more "in your face" so to speak :) and better for clubbing)
All in all, this is one of my most favourite scents, a true work of art!

Sillage: 8/10

lneleman

Smells amazing. A deeper version of the original la nuit. The first few sprays smelled a bit earthy for me, but overall this fragrance is a perfect combination between spicy, sweet and seductive. Only problem is that the longevity could be better for an eau de parfum. My most recent date loved the scent and could not stop smelling my neck.
9/10 overall.

averageguy
averageguy

Smells amazing but just doesn't last (at least not on my skin). Projection is fine for the first hour but then becomes a skin scent. All traces gone after 3-4 hours

I am so disappointed with the performance of this fragrance just like I was with Emporio Armani He which is another great fragrance which doesn't last.

iBehnam
iBehnam

بر خلاف نسخه تویلت این پرفیوم رو دوست دارم. بوش بیشتر میوه ای هست با کمی فلفل. ماندگاری بالا و پخش بوی متوسطو مناسب برای فصول زمستان و پاییز.

assim.hayderi

Very clean, fresh and classy winter scent. Reminds me a little bit of Burberry London except that this one is a bit fruity and the longevity is better on my skin. Is it worth the money? Well, I think the price is a bit high for this one and I don't think I will buy another bottle for the same price. I like this one more than the original one though.

MostafaGh
MostafaGh

This scent is just beautiful! To me it's even better than the classy EdT version especially for the night tme. It's very well blended and has that rich feel wearing it.

The only downside is sillage as it doesn't project like it should for a parfum version.

Overall i think this scent is underrated while it's one of the best night scents i've ever put on.

Scent: 9.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Sillage: 5/10

Ichariot

Still, after using this for 4 years it's one of my most comfy "go to" scents. There's just nothing here that I dislike, and alot that I absolutely love about it.

It's dark. Ripe and dried fruits with spices. I don't know how to better describe it.

It's masculine but not in the "hey look at me I am wearing a tight V neck to show off my muscles" kind of way. It's more of a "hey, I know who I am and there's more to me than what meets the eye" type of scent.

People do appreciate it, they wanna hang around your aura.

It's not exclusively a night time scent but you should go easy on it during daytime to avoid coming out as "overdressed". For day wear I'd mostly stick to colder, gray days, autumn is perfect. Not for hot and colourful summer days.

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

ابتدا باید عرض کنم که این عطر و نسخه تویلتش حدودا با ارفاق 20 درصد به هم شبیه میتونن باشن اونم در یک بازه زمانی کوتاه پس دو عطر کاملا متفاوت محسوب میشن و بررسی هر کدوم رو در صفحه مربوطش قرار میدم .

روایح اولیه این عطر ، بویی میوه ای (مخلوط اصلا قابل تشخیص نیست که چه میوه هایی استفاده شده) به همراه فلفل و دیگر ادویجات خشک و همچنین وانیل
یه کار گرم نسبتا شیرین و میوه ای رو به وجود آوردند که به خاطر فلفل تند هم هست .

بعد از چند دقیقه بویی شبیه یا به نظر خودم اصلا بوی خود "میخک" رو کم کم متوجه خواهید شد که هر چه بیشتر میگذره قوی تر هم خواهد شد.

بعد از چند دقیقه دیگه اون بوی میوه ای تقریبا از بین میره و قدرت فلفل هم تا حدود زیادی فروکش میکنه و بوی میخک مانند هم قوی تر میشه به همراه شیرینی خشک مانند وانیل.

مشکلی که وجود داره اینکه خیلی ها قول بوی اولیه این عطرو میخورن که واقعا خوشبو و عامه پسنده در حالی که 5 دقیقه بعد کم کم 180 درجه بوش عوض میشه
در حالی که نسخه تویلت این عطر که تند و بسیار اسپایسی هست در اوایل خیلی ها رو فراری میده درصورتی که باید بهش حدودا 20 دقیقه ای وقت بدن تا حالت تندی زیادی که داره فروکش کنه (که به نظر من 20 دقیقه اولیه هم جالب و خوشبو هست)

بعد از 1 ساعت بوی میخک مانندی که از اول حضور داشت قدرتش کم میشه و با ترکیب شدن گل لادن بوی عطر عمیق و حالتی خاکی و چرمی مانندی رو پیدا میکنه
من جزو طرفدارای این گل هستم .
و از این جا به بعد هم این دو تا پایان عمر عطر حضور خواهند داشت . یعنی حالتی کمی تلخ و چهار فصل

تنها توصیه من اینکه که به هیچ وجه این عطر رو بدون تست نخرید.

bizzybazza
bizzybazza

love the fragrance but regret buying this due to it being so weak
i am so annoyed at the company perfum is a misdescription of this fragrance wont buy any of this range again

llloyd
llloyd

dried plums, and more plums, and then some lavender and some cinnamon rather than pepper. i never thought that dried plums smell could make such an elegant composition!
it's an elegant scent, don't see it at all as something casual, really for an extravagant restaurant or an award ceremony - it's that elegant.
what i have an issue with is that after an hour it turns to sheer peppery powder. i can't seem to detect the aroma any more - only the peppery texture of it. i would have expected vanilla they mention in a drydown, but no, only a skeleton of the scent remains. pitty for the plums, such a good opening. expected better staying power too, since it's a perfume concentration, on my skin 3 hours most.

dda
dda

Wow.. Just wow..

2 things

First. How can ''Fruity Notes'' be accepted as a valid info, when fruits can be so different from each other?. Bananas, berries, apples, kiwis, how can all of those be squeezed into the same note, thats ridiculous

Second. How in the world can anybody Dislike this scent.. i mean to the point of actually pressing Dislike. That really blows my mind

sarwar1979
sarwar1979

I've seen many comments on here saying they don't like it compared to the EDT.
I've never smelt either, but went into Harrods today and tried both.
EDT- Very nice but didnt last long enough.
EDP- Much better and longer lating.

The EDP is something which could quiet possibly make it into my top 10 evening/night scents.
I've stopped using EDT from a while back so would buy the EDP only.

EDP 9/10
EDT 8/10

Barristan Selmy
Barristan Selmy

What could I say about an absolute masterpiece ?
I went to pick up the "Cardemomy" EDT , yet the sales woman advised me to try this one ( since its more expensive , thus she'll get more money for sales ) BUT I am grateful to that lady ! because she introduced me to this masterpiece , it begins spicy , overwhelming cinnamon sweet scent as it dries down it takes you through a journey in the art of being a sophisticated man , every woman I met liked this one alot , the longevity is exactly what you expect from a perfume , it is legendary !!! the silage is awesome as well , spray 10 times and the whole building shall be sniffing !
do you know that awesome Cardamom note that the EDT opens with before turning into nothing ? that is the end note of this one but it lingers forever ! I am talking about taking a shower with hot water , shower gel and a cloth , and you can still smell this heavenly scent

This one stands firmly , as one of the greatest perfumes for me and I opine that it shall be this way forever , its a Fahrenheit Caliber legend

XLsizeNoodle
XLsizeNoodle

Don't be fooled by the negative reviews, this is a man's fragrance, not a boy's cologne.

People are complaining about the projection of this, but fragrance should not project in the whole room. It's something intimate that's either for yourself or for someone which would be close to you.

It's very dark and it really fascinates, it makes people come close to you to smell you, it doesn't shout. If it were a person, it would be the kind of person who's quiet but the more you get to know them, the more you want to know, imagine a guy dressed in black at a bar.

This fragrance is a sport scent, well... A bedroom sport scent anyway.

Mark0

I hate how people describe this as a 'panty dropper'...this would be suitable as a snuggle scent when your with your girl, other than that it's useless, it's too subtle.

The other bad thing about this is, i have tried countless sprays of this and gone out for the evening and it comes across as way too feminine if you over spray, the problem there is by the time it dries down a bit to make it more bearable, the little sillage it does have, has already gone.

Dr-spazmo had it about right when he wrote 'Not bad. I like the opening but drydown is kind of weak', which is the exact problem i have encountered with both versions of it.

Top notes are superb, only last a short while then when they go away, then you're left with a boring light powdery vanilla scent.

If this was sensibly price i wouldn't have such an issue with both edt and edp,but,it's not cheap either, this in my mind is a 30 dollar fragrance, it doesn't even smell expensive.

Anyway, that's my two scents on it.

Jaradona

@ Mark0 I haven't tried it back on the day of its release so I don't know how it performed back then. but look at some reviews they encourage people to buy both weak edt alongside with edp! they sure have tons of money and they think everyone like them! such a joke huh? and this is not the only problem, there are (some) reviews that defend some perfumes blindly, I suspect that some of them are for only one person with multiple accounts and that (dear) unknown pretend that there are many people like and defend a specific perfume. (see my reviews on YSL L'homme and see how did (some) reviews attacked me just because I compared it to water).
I mean REALLY why would someone buy a weak perfume and say : "nice scent! it stays close to the skin! buy it people! and just spray 10-14 spritzes and use it at intimate relationships!".
If we think about it then how many people that will be close enough to smell a skin scent? should we go and sleep with everyone? it's ridiculous! if I buy a perfume with strong longevity and sillage, I WILL spray one to two sprays and it won't offend anyone and at the same time I won't feel cheated by bland moneymakers (like L'OREAL).
Greetings!

Mark0

@jaradonna, the weak performance of le nuit has nothing to do with a supposed reformulation, i still have a bottle which i purchased shortly after it was made available to purchase and that's as weak as hell.

Top notes are nice,but,they die down in around 20-30 minutes and slowly but surely you're left with a very boring, non descript vanilla and powdery dry down, how this has gotten this much love is a complete mystery.

At the price point too, it's a complete and utter rip off, i can buy a bottle of pure malt for the same money, by no means is that a beast in terms of longevity and projection,but,it's a hell of a lot better than Le Nuit, it smells better, more complex and more importantly it's more rich.

Le Nuit to me just smells thin and transparent, i have owned my 100ml bottle for quite a while and i have used around 10ml, i hate the stuff, it's one of the most over rated scents out there, watery, boring, weak and pathetic.

How anybody praises this at the prices you have to buy to acquire this bottle is pure insanity. There is a scent from Avon which smells better in my opinion and smells around the same quality as Le Nuit for a 5th of the price, it is weak, even weaker then la nuit,but,10 or 15 sprays later it lasts on me a good 7 hours and projects, and at the cheap price you can have it for, it's a no brainer.

Please take my opinion on board if you're thinking of this as being a viable option, don't waste you're money like i did, i fell for the hype, bought it and as a result have been disappointed ever since.

michalc
michalc

I purchased thevEDP because I love EDT and assumed that this version must be a stronger, amplified version of the EDT, but it's not. It projects less and doesn't last longer on my skin, and actually smells terrible. I was excited and hyped up for this to come when I bought it online, and then lost all my excitement when I found out it is a stale, musty version of the original, without the freshness or the sexy sweetness of the originsl. When I smell it, I can tell the potential of the general smell could be great and smell like the EDT, but it gets ruined by this old smell as if it's already going off.
This version is also probably more appropriate to be worn more formally than the EDT and may suit older people more, it definitely doesn't smell as youthful and sexy as the EDT does.

Santos89
Santos89

This is in my opinion, how an Eau de Parfum flanker should be done.

Take the original, make the top notes fruitier and warmer, add some oriental goodiness to the mid notes and thicken up the base.

The end result is a grown up and intimate version of La Nuit de L'homme. Where La Nuit is the scent for clubbing, this is the scent for a nice occasion whilst wearing a suit.

This is not without it's faults though. La Nuit edt is easier to wear, and is more versatile. Younger fans of La Nuit edt may buy this, expecting to get an amped up edt, with insane staying power. Unfortunately they will be sorely disappointed.

This is true to the EdP style. Slightly darker and closer to the skin, but with great longevity.

Overall I consider this to be a great flanker, and shows how an Eau de Parfum should be done.

Longevity is very good - 8-9 hours.

fhr
fhr

I think its nice, plum like opening, ...some said its oily so be cautious on clothes, thats true, lily so pls on skin :-) Good longevity, dry down is not sweet and cloying but masculine. Compared to CH Men is more dominant more log lasting, of course it is a eau de perfume....so try buy, no fear :-)

kyloe
kyloe

This is a little disappointment. Nice scent however both sillage and longetivity are weak. After I had bought it I discovered that this is one of the most popular male scents. Love the dried plums note on its opening.

fialho

What a classy fragrance for man . it's musculin but not that kind of sport perfume - not so sweet but not to harsh.

well blended scent , so sexy OMG I LOVE IT.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Folks, practically every single designer frag will be reformulated, weakened and/or simply discontinued over time. You KNOW this. If you find a designer frag (not niche) that you love, STOCK UP. It's ridiculous to act surprised when the inevitable happens.

Jaradona

@Dad jax you're right.. all YSL l'homme are now summer versions of the originals.
I don't get about the reformulations! why making reformulation to young perfumes like these?
Anyway I suggest a humble request to Fragrantica editors:
I read this as someone's opinion also days ago on another perfume page, he said that Fragrantica should reset the perfume gauges for longevity and sillage along with perfume pyramid anytime a reformulation occurs.
I say why not make a whole different page for the perfume and let it say "perfume (perfume name) after year yyyy reformulation", so that people will not get confused when reading irreconcilable reviews about longevity, sillage, notes, and to make people briefed with latest info about the changes made to perfumes.
We really appreciate this site for what we have learnt about fragrances and we appreciate it much more if our suggestions are taken into consideration, Thanks.

Dad jax

@Jaradona i agree with you 10000% you are right... luckily i have the old batch bottles 100ml of this one, as i have now used more then 9 bottles all 100ml but recently the one i bought is very weak but i am using this one in summers now with excellent results..
So summer nights is good one and btw that this one last longer then the current edt formulation.
I just bought recently few days ago two bottles both edp and edt from spanish dutyfree and did a complete X ray as i was doubtful on two bottles of edts i bought month ago... my verdict is that EDT is more weaker after 2 hours but edp is good not loud but last 7 hours good.
i m still going to buy edp
EDIT: I came back to post, today is relatively hot in budapest and i am wearing the current formulation with 5 heavy sprays and is really projecting well and i wore around 6.30 Exact and almost 4 hours but my office is hot and this one is going really well..
Kindly wear this in summers!! It is no longer for winters both EDP and EDT !! And yes another thing this is veryyyy over priced, i bought it from Dutyfree 89 euros 100ml.. no its not the way

Khurshed6338
Khurshed6338

Only one thing to say - I would've loved this fragrance if there was less pepper in it.

Jaradona

@jays786 totaly agree with you, that YSL has ruined all the l'homme series, made them weak, still nice but very weak and whoever say that they have one of the l'homme series and it is strong then they have it before the reformulation.
It takes now 8-10 sprays to make the perfume noticeable for 2-3 hours maximum.

jays786
jays786

Got this the other day in post blind buy its a nice fragrance but very disappointed with longevity and sillage very poor... for a parfum version not worth the money will be selling it soon... I think the original is lot better long lasting...don't like fragrances that don't last just a waste of money and in my opinion its over priced.

Jaradona

To tell the truth I like the scent except for the pepper..
(smells synthetic not natural), I wish if they had put less pepper or natural pepper in it (like the natural pepper in Terre D'Hermes). THE LONGEVITY IS WEAK LIKE ALL l'HOMME LINE THESE DAYS, with (of course) weak sillage, but oh well both the longevity and sillage better than L'homme parfum intense which are weaker.

Scent 7/10
Longevity 5.5/10
Sillage 5.5/10

NOTE: IF THE PEPPER WAS NATURAL AND THE PERFUME WASN'T WITH THIS WEAK LONGEVITY AND SILLAGE THEN IT WOULD'VE BEEN A SIGNATURE FOR ME. i WOULD'VE GIVEN IT 11/10 FOR ALL GAUGES^_^

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

le nuit edt is the best,
le parfum is not so...

it smells like brylcream, code10,
of hair pomade...
it's manly, but I just don't like the smell
of it.

Jamiryo
Jamiryo

This perfume is one of my biggest disappointments. Weakest perfume i have ever had.

scent 6/10
sillage 1/10
longevity 4/10

silentman26
silentman26

Absolutely beautiful, dark and mysterious. Begins with bergamot, anise and pepper... a smooth pleasant mix... joined by lavender and fruits... then becomes woodier... dirtier with vetiver, patchouli and raw vanilla in the background. Complex, with warm and inviting dry down. La Nuit parfum is one of the best evening/date scents. Alluring, seductive ... with great longevity and projection. An amazing nighttime scent!

Plucus21
Plucus21

This scent would be good at $30 but as it stands it is WAY overpriced for what you get. It is an ok scent but it is HIGHLY synthetic (and not in a good way) which for $100 a bottle is a big let down. This is a spicy, fruity, slightly dark vanilla scent. YSL can do a lot better though. Pass.

King Faiz
King Faiz

Good scent, felt 'over' masculine for the first 5 minutes couldn't stand it, then turned into dark fruity sweet scent which was very pleasant and mysterious.
Yet to try the edt version

Scent 7 / 10
Longevity around 6-7 hours
Projection was great for first 2-3 hours on my skin

drakecito
drakecito

I have to say that to my nose, this is very synthetic and boring. Possibly worse than the EDT version (I do not like too much).

Longevity and sillage, both average.

trippy
trippy

cloying and plasticky woods..duration limited.. actually a cologne more than a perfume...disappointing all the way.. good for a dumpster!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

All I get is the fruit and date smell. Very subtle and poor silage. The original is 10x better IMO. Try before buying this one. The original was average at longevity and silage but this is a joke. YSL has just about worn out the flankers. Enough is enough for Christ sakes!

Dad jax

ppl giving negative reviews they either never bought this one or they have no class, this one is just sexy and elegant, far more better then the edt.. the blend is unique . this is magic and in fall nights it is the game..
This is the ONE!!!

ITS NOT FOR WINTERS BUT SUMMER NIGHTS SPECIALLY HOT ROMANTIC NIGHTS...

bonovox
bonovox

I'm with you @fuggerone and will try to give you some balloons back. I think YSL has worn out the flankers in its pour homme series. The original EDT was one of my favorites, and there are a few that I like about sport,Libre, and the original... But I just don't get why they have to enhance a couple of notes that are totally synthetic and ruin the balance of a pretty good, very good EDT that was already strong and had amazing longevity Without being overpowering.

Sometimes the more you intensify the synthetic, the worse they are. Sometimes they actually get it right and it becomes better than the original some may argue Dior Homme vs. DHI. But I'm not buying this one (literally)

fuggerone
fuggerone

being a negative review it won't get a lot of balloons, but truth is the scent is so boring that I emptied one forth of the bottle in my elevator and the drydown in there is pure 100% synthetic woody boredom.. do yourself a favour and buy something else because this scent is boring also for elevators!
EDIT: As expected the first two balloons were taken away!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I now use this only for nights out, it receives lots of compliments, simply because it is a masterpiece, I love all the homme range. This is the darkest, most sensual and mysterious. For me it works amazingly on my clothes, on my skin it disappears a long time before I want it to. Amazing.

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

Its special for sentimental reason..my first perfume gifted by wife(though she hates my perfume collection;-))
The juice is amazing..if u are a quite guy and want to smell nice and discreet..this is for you..has some maturity to it..not a casual date scent.

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

Well, after having made the same mistake over and over, reading reviews and basing my decision in many occasions on what the masses say, it is time for me to break free from these chains of mediocrity and character weakness.... Gentlemen, this is in no way, shape or form same as the original but weaker, it is very rich,dense and longer lasting, less loud, dark, aromatic and more refined.

If you are over 27 or in your 30's already, you will find this fragrance a step forward the original, feels like a more dense and refined version of the original (which is more youthful and loud). This one is great for close encounters, dates, going out to nice fancy dinners, classical concerts, theater etc, High class events, whereas the original is for nightclubs, discos, pubs etc.

Don't be mislead by the comments of 15 or 18 year old guys here bashing the fragrance because it does not project to the other side of the block, since this one despite not being loud, is very rich and dense and is more than enough when you want to enjoy your fragrance for longer but discretely, just like a gentleman and not like a pimp in a night club. Please always test your fragrances and decide for yourself whether you like it or not, and do not base your judgement in other people's take, since we are all different in matter of Taste, Age, race (skin factor), and specially Lifestyle! I would not like my fragrance to mix with the smell of a fine wine or my supper in a restaurant for instance.
Fragrance should invite people to come closer to you, attracted by the subtle whiff they perceived on a particular moment, and not repel them by hitting hard with a slap on the nose!
My point is that your perspective in fragrance depends on your lifestyle and age of course, therefore do not base your decision on mere reviews, Go to your nearest perfumery and try them on your skin, so you can decide if you like it, then when to wear it and finally how to wear it(dress code), fragrances also have to match your Lifestyle and appearance.

Rating 9/10

gill007
gill007

i have been using this gem for over a 1 year now. this juice is great. lots of compliments, very long lasting (on my skin at least), ladies love it. WARNING : strictly night/evening use only, not more than 3 sprays. this stuff is strong.
(some people complaint of headache, No wonder, coz its so strong and potent.)

Ruud030

This is a really good fragrance, smells wonderfull. Masterpiece!!!

Reklamist
Reklamist

100% men's fragrance!
This is not unisex!

If you have Original 2009 would not recommend to buy this one. I have it 100ml and don't use it...maybe 1-2 days in a month.

Trust me you don't lose anything if you don't have it.

Would recommend you original edt 2009 - WAY BETTER!

Masterpiece!!!

gfelton505
gfelton505

Citrus and vanilla opener that develops white pepper spice and a hint of something like wood or leather on dry down. The vanilla wallop up front reminds me of JPG Le Male but this stuff is far less one dimensional than that. Also a bit like Burberry classic initially in its floral sweetness but deviates pretty quickly from that too. My wife is not a fan but I love it. A bargain at $50 for the 2 oz bottle. I think it works as a daytime casual scent, especially in cool weather. May be OK in summer too where I would confine it to evening.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

An amazing fragrance!! Deep, dark, and very rich. This scent is a little like the EDT only much more oily, darker and more aromatic I think. A beautiful deep spicy slightly fruity aromatic fragrance, that is best in the colder months and in the evening.

Longevity: Is about 6-10 hours.
Sillage: About the same as the EDT, maybe a little less.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Along the lines of 1 Million but with a creamy vanilla note which is a bit different for a mens scent. Super musky I can smell a bit of incense in this. A very classy modern men's scent.

Gault
Gault

Beware, it can leave an oil mark on your shirt.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

today i tried it with edt version and i found that the final dry down of both is not SO different. but edt is a bit sweet and spicy but this one is more aromatic and spicy (i mean where edt is very smooth deep , edp i feel a bit sharp and bold). staying power of both is almost the same and both turn into a powdry thing in the end. overall , edt is better than edp , also in staying power.

Marciu
Marciu

Last year I really considered a buy of La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum and thought it's much better than EDT...

Now I guess my nose has grown up a bit. This one isn't a better version of La Nuit, rather opposite...

It smells like a mix of dried fruits, or rather like a mixed fruit compote to me. It's linear and flat on my skin, sadly... Longevity is more than good, I get 10 hours easily, but it rather sticks to skin than project, it's quite heavy. At least on my skin...

I'm also not so sure if it's an EDP concentration...

I reccomend La Nuit EDT over this one.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

This, to me, smells like something I should wear on Halloween. Not saying it is bad, because it is good, but it's definitely a dark scent with the fruity notes blended in well.

Definitely not an everyday scent. I feel like it has a 'pumpkin spice' note.

On the dry-down, I get an "Axe" vibe. I am still unsure of this part. Kind of like a deoderant/axe spray vibe.

Anyways, I sprayed two shots of this just on my chest/shirt, and I got whiffs of it for probably 4 hours. So longevity is great.

omesh17
omesh17

I have both the original and this parfum version and I have to say the edt lasts way longer then the edp. I also perfer the smell of the original over this one. I can't even tell I have it on sometimes.

warlockss
warlockss

well i just got this . i dont know whats going on with this but seems weaker than the EDT ? . so yeah the edt overpowers this one from the begining. this smells more fruity and darker deeper and richer i get more darker berries which is still quite nice so maybe i have to get used to it still .the more i spray it smells like the smell becomes more and more intense than the edt . so my conclusion this is amazing the opening is weak but projection on this grows stronger and stronger its like a beast gaining speed and then BAM its an aromatic gourmand dark berry and vanilla beast . best money spent . 10/10

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Smell like burn fruit to me, like fruity incense...very different from the original, that i must say i prefere a lot more! Remind me of a men? Is anybody else find it? I ll keep the odt instead of buying it.

stayclose
stayclose

The top of this one is awesome it reminds me of the 80s fragrances and they are the night of this perfume in my opinion. After 15 minutes the top fades and mostly smell fruit (grapes/plums) along with the labdanum and lavender. The note that's stands out the most here is the fruit (grape) and the middle is also where the original la Inuit comes out to play but not for long. I could only smell it once or twice throughout. In the base I smell burnt vanilla or creme brulee. Is it better than the original? To me not really about the same the only reason I favor this over the og is because the cardamon is gone. How dose it make me feel? Like if I where in a dark candle lit restaurant having a glass of wine while there's some slow music in the background. My personal rating is a C+. Not quite a B because the grape note is too strong for for me I wont let me enjoy the rest.

Merclex
Merclex

My review of Le perfum.

This perfume is well made and it smells good.
And the best time to wear this in my opinion would be autumn and winter. It would be nice when having guests over. Would suit a snowy/cold evening behind the fire place if you have one,I personally don't but will some day if you don't have a fire place it dont matter tho that won't stop u Wearimg it. Talking with your guest and smelling funky :) having a drink and enjoying the good company of your guests (family and friends). The only down side that I can't hold back is it dont last as long as a perfume should last :( I would recommend this bare in mind that it last as long as an EDT. Saying that, that could be just how it projects on my skin.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

By the reviews here in Fragrantica I thought Le Parfum would be a little or even very different from the original, someone says they share only 10% of similarities. But for me they smell exactly the same the Le Parfum being thicker but more polite and even smoothier than the original. I do like it but having both seems to be a little too much of the same thing. As I said it feels thick but it is close to the skin and the sillage seems weak as longevity is quite short. I don't get any soapness or powdrery feeling. Perhaps Le Parfum would be great on a date as you would share it only with the one who is close to you? Still, as it seems that getting hold of Platinum Egoist is too difficult where I live I am bound to get the Frozen Cologne which smells geranium in a very high quality way. YSL is also top quality, just like Chanel and Dior ... Prada and Hermes and ...

ayslan5
ayslan5

i have 65 parfuns. my top 5 always!!!!!! i have frozen e homme libre too. terrific!!!!!!

kthsn
kthsn

Very well made blend. Fruity scent for the winter time

Smells elegant. Deep dark berries, sweet but spicy. Intriguing. Love the scent. Much more of a finished/refined smell in comparison to La Nuit EDT. Sweet but not a gourmand.

For an EDP it's projection is disappointing.

Scent - 9/10
Sillage - close to skin, disappointing
Longevity - 10 hours +

Can anyone else recommend another fruity winter scent?

Riverwide
Riverwide

Vastly superior to the original in my opinion. Whereas it was somewhat sharp and synthetic, the parfum version smells far richer, deeper, sweeter and much more natural. It doesn't have huge sillage, but it lasts for many hours on the skin and clothes. I get wafts of the scent all day when I spray. 9/10 from me!

bcoops
bcoops

resembles the original la nuit by around 10%, projection/longevity are both poor on me with the EDT beating in both. The scent itself is pretty beautiful...I think it's quite the opposite of the original and instead of a man out on the town this is the guy ready to take his beauty to bed scent

julianne35
julianne35

This is perfect..no need for other words to explain more:)

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

YSL formulates pretty spectacular cologne's. I am a woman and I love the scent of this. I first bought my husband La Nuit (which is my favorite), but currently he is just using L'homme. I purchased a small bottle of this for myself, sometimes just to smell and sometimes to spritz on. I love wearing cologne's just as much as perfume's. It all depends on my mood for the day.

La Nuit is sweet, rich, deep. It's not sharp or too loud. I think I love sweet men's fragrances because they're a better sweet than women's fragrances. A sweet woman's fragrance is often sickly sweet, and a sweet man's fragrance is just a enough of something sweet to round it out and take the edge off.

Beautiful frag.

aliks
aliks

Very good perfume for men. Surprising in these times of cheap smells that seem to have been made for teenagers or people who know nothing about scents.

This perfume reminded me ( at least in my olfactory memory) the long gone Revillon French Line which I loved back in the 80s as a teenager. There is someting common in the perfume I think.

Elegant, manly, classic. I discovered that it is best to spray not only on the body but also lightly on your clothes. The sillage is magnificent, so be careful not to overdo.

I don't use it everyday, since it is rather present, but love it when I want to be elegant.

elias.haddad.908
elias.haddad.908

that's a perfume !!!!!! wonderful !!!!!

Dear Trobador ,
EDP 4 winter & EDT 4 fall & summer !
Have a good one.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Rescued the traditional base and added vanilla and fruit notes, became more comfortable and cozy, this sum has made less spicy and more sweet fruity.
A beautiful parfum version, which accompanied the quality of traditional, less sillage and got more longevity, but with all certainty, at least in my nose, became less sexy, just do not ask me why.

ahmadnademi
ahmadnademi

و اما این عطر به نظر من جزء عطرهای برتر جهان میتونه باشه،بسیار بادوام و ماندگار،زمان استفاده این عطر همه اسمش رو میپرسن،پخش بسیار عالی این عطر میتونه شما رو در مهمانیها متمایز جلوه بده،بسیار سکسی و گیرا،البته بهتره این عطر در فصل سرما استفاده بشه،چون احتمالا در تابستان موجب سردرد بشه و اطرافیان از شما شاکی باشن،روی پوست من بالای 12 ساعت ماندگار هست و تا 8 ساعت پخش بوی خوب و عالی،روی لباس مطمئن باشین 2 روز خواهد ماند

sameh

What can i say about La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent , 4 me , its just amazing scent , longevity & projection as well , the dry down i love it's NOTES beside i like very much the bottle design ( specially the dark glass ) as it gives a mystery & suspence as in a movie !
P.S. thank God i have another bottle & by the way i red the reviews that said that the EDT is better than EDP , well , i have also the EDT but i have not used it yet so 4 the time being NO COMMENT !

jarmine darno
jarmine darno

Just picked this up because i'm starting to be interested in parfums and edp's as opposed to edt's. Was not disappointed with this purchase. Smells awesome, have already received compliments, and can still smell on my clothes the following day. Definitely a great buy.

mrs2241
mrs2241

با یه بوی قرو قاتی که حجم زیادیش میوه هست شروع میشه و با عجله خودش رو به "پوران هوم" واسه هزار سال پیش میرسونه،با این تفاوت که لاوندر رو اینجا علاوه بر وانیل فلفل هم همراهی میکنه اونم با حجم زیاد....اصلا خوشم نیومد!!!

Deefit

At first I was in love with this one, but after a couple of times I have to say I prefer the EDT over this. Don't get me wrong, I do like this one. But I just love the EDT version. The EDT is warmer and more accessible and spicy in my opinion, while Le Parfum is 'colder', more 'dark' and subtle. I find that the EDT leaves a stronger trail, farther away from the skin.

stievenko
stievenko

Bought this fragrance as a blind buy based on some of the reviews below, and I am quite happy with it. Not super excited and I will explain why.

Opening smell is really wonderful. Warm, sweet scent and very inviting indeed. Easy to wear this time of year (fall/winter) and I guess very suitable for dates and nighttime use as well as at the office.

0 - 1h: Really sweet opening. Nothing like Spicebomb but reminds me just a little bit about it. This one is more complex than SB, less of that linear bubblegum-type of scent. Do not really get a lot of the pepper in this rather immediately get an oriental vibe which mostly remind me of fruit. Sweet and delicious yet not overpowering. Also perfectly balanced with the anise to layer it down. This is where you will get most compliments I guess.

1h - 4h: Really subtle and pleasant smell that most people will enjoy. Projection falls from 6 ft to arm length which is why I guess this is really ok to wear at work. You will not attack your colleagues nostrils with this one! Sweetness is still there but kind of comforting and subtle. I also get the lavander which gives you a fresh feeling.

4h+: close to skin with me, don't really notice it anymore unless I sniff myself which is a little sad to find out because they kind of fool you with the idea it's a "Parfum". At this point it gets a little soapy and weak with me. Maybe it's just me and I'm used to the smell and others can still enjoy it I don't know. Will still have to find out since I've only had it on for 5 wearings.

Bottom line it's a great scent and I really love the opening, but as for "Le parfum" I would have to disagree. This does not last as long on my skin than I would have imagined it would. Overal great fragrance for night out's and in fall/winter.

Deefit

I sampled this for the first time yesterday and I fell in love with it! I had smelled the EDT version before and I liked it, but the EDP, oh my god.. It's delicious! And it stays on for sooo long! And the best part is, I don't know anyone who wears this perfume.

igoryaku
igoryaku

Very nice for evenings I love it! smells great on skin.

Tahir Mirza
Tahir Mirza

Is la nuit le parfum available in 200ml? bcoz i have seen la nuit de l'homme.

mohammad2010
mohammad2010

This is The BEST !

بوش عالیه

Kasozo

It reminds me of freshly cut tulips. Never have found the same note.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

@ ION: haha well said!

My bf and I tried both La nuit de l'homme Edt and Edp at the department store and while he prefered the Edt by a small margin, I totally prefered that one myself. It is less playfull, more grown-up. Less bad boy and more intellectual. But still earthy and grounding. The patchouli/vetyver/lavender trio makes it smell like more than a banal department store fragrance. Sadly, too many guys wear it around me and I like it less and less... *sad face*

I still think it smells sexy though!

24s
24s

Smells amazing but it's the only cologne I've had that gives me a headache after a few hours of wear. Had to give to a friend :(

ION
ION

Painfully indifferent and banale..
"La Nuit de L`Homme" is so evidently mediocre I'd bet noone would find anything nice to say about it.
Still, I was wrong!
This is a safe and pleasant smell, made with the American market in mind (it has the right amount of sophistication "not too much not too little", properly stylised, and "make sure it's not too deep or substantial" we want it to have a mass appeal."
I can trace hints of the legendary "Xeryus" and of the first "Jazz" (only slightly, but it's there) in the middle, while its impression as a whole I'd describe it like a formal "Hugo Boss", a well known best seller.
Of course you can like it a lot, but I'll never forget this 18 yo girl who some years ago told me in the most convincing way: ION, you must really see this movie called, "The Crow". It is my favorite movie, I've never seen anything so great you know!.."

Ichariot

I love it, it has never let me down.

Spicy, sweet, sour, expensive and rich with nuances. Wear it with confidence and determination!

I don't know what more to say, seems like the scent has to speak for itself.

The projection is just right, the scent is very appealing, and the longevity is top notch!

partan.iran
partan.iran

عجیبه که این عطر انقدر شیک و دوست داشتنی هست برای من!

noelia.bronca
noelia.bronca

Sexiest men fragrance ever!!!!!

NokturnaPulse
NokturnaPulse

I LOVE, LOVE THIS SCENT. It's a perfect blend of a dark mysterious, raw sensual smell.
I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday and he loved it!
Despite my gender I love wearing Men's cologne as much as I love wearing Women's perfume. This is definitely one I want to purchase again soon.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

I finally purchased a small bottle of this after trying it on my skin a few times in stores. Personally, I prefer this to the EDT. I feel this Parfum brings the pepper notes out fantastically, with almost a scent of nutmeg or cinnamon. This is definitely an evening fragrance, and I think best suited to winter. However, it could definitely be worn on winter days and also summer nights. The first time I used it I received a compliment literally the second I walked into the room. One of my good friends and I hugged and she said "Oh my god, you smell like sexy-sex!". So that was interesting.. and I continued to receive compliments the entire night. This was totally a hit. I love this Parfum and I recommend trying this out if you are looking for a nice evening scent. The longevity is good and the projection is just okay. Possibly with a few more sprays its overarching projection could improve. Try this one out. However I will say, it is definitely a huge departure from the original L'Homme, so don't go into this thinking they will be similar. Definitely very different scents. But both great!

mido01m
mido01m

One of the most class fragrance in the the market

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

OMG!!! I'm hoping this be the new fragrance that comes to me this week, if not I will ask this for my birthday, this is the only fragrance that i wish right now.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I do get with this one a similar feeling as Armani Attitude Extreme, only the last one has lemon & bitter coffee (weird combination, btw)instead of lavender & fruity notes of La Nuit EDP.
As far as I'm concerned, compared with La Nuit EDT, this is not an intense version but a fruitier/anisey/peppery variation of the original...I got also a reserved sweetness from labdanum & aromatic lavender in middle, then vetiver, patchouli & little vanilla in drydown (a different sweetness as the original).
It's a deja vu for me and I already know the end: will not buy this and stick to the better La Nuit EDT (same case for Armani Attitude and Attitude Extreme...original is far better, in my humble opinion). For this EDP, I'll give a 7.5/10. ☣☣☣

jacob.kizirian
jacob.kizirian

I Bought La nuit de l'homme Le Parfume And its the first time i buy a perfume from Yves Saint Laurent And im Quite Satisfied It Smells mysterious and Dark And its Longevity for what i tested 13 hours and its still on my skin and very strong And anyway it was a Blind Buy :)

Longevity 10/10
Scent 9/10
sillage 8/10

Dad jax

I found it more better then the original, it's much more spicier and last for hours may be 16+....The spices and sweet combination is Atomic.. The dry down is a big WooooooeeEEee ...Simply Amazing..From bitches to family women every one has given compliments on this..very very sexy...YSL on it's very best...i am using it in summer nights as it projects like beast...

Buy Try Or Pass?

Undisputed WINNER

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

This one was better suited in the wardrobe of my best friend. I followed "logic" that the EDP version of an EDT would be better. NOT!!! It was terrible. Really acidic at the top and just flat out piercing. I cant say it smells bad but the EDT is the better bet.

Kasozo

I love one thing about this perfume. Some of the notes remind me fresh tulips.

pattnaik
pattnaik

I am fallen in love with this. I am a big fan of anything YSL. This one is not like YSL classic. This is modern fragrance. Though I did not like it on my first application, it has a mystic charm and LA NUIT DE L HOMME LE PARFUM just stays for hours (even more than 2 days on my shirt) on my body.

cyber861
cyber861

بویه فوق العاده خوبی داره.ولی فوق العاده شیرین هم هست.موندگاریه خوبی داره.ولی احتمالا باعثه سر درده خیلی ها میشه.چون خیلی رایحه اش قویه.

@armaniboy
I had a sample and on it neither Edt nor Edp was written. But as I remember the pack from shops it was Edt. I have to check again.

armaniboy

@scenturian I have to tell you that i own it and it IS an eau de parfum. I LOVE it. Thanks :)

scenturian

When I first tried it seemed to me absolutely different but after some wear I got that it was similar.
Overall it is similar to the original - the sweetness + fruity notes.
Anyway this is not an Edp, just the name is Le Parfum.
Initial notes are fruity notes. Then goes closer to the original, lavender, spice woody. Labdanum and vetiver add the soapy effect.
IMO this is better than the original however I love the original as well.

Smokin
Smokin

Alright!! If anyone wants to know what this fragrence smells like after about an hour or so of wearing it.. It smells like incense. The anise is extremely dominant and to be honest i'm not very happy with it.

zorans
zorans

I bought La Nui de L`homme le parfum yesterday and I can clearly say that this is not a flanker to La Nui but it is a completely different fragrance.What they have in common are Bergamot,Lavander,Cedarwood and Vetiver.In le parfum in the top notes Cardamon is replaced with Black pepper and Aniseed, in the middle notes Cedarwood is replaced with Patchouli and Cistus Labdanum, and in the basenotes Coumarin is replaced with Vetiver and Vanila.

To my nose Le Parfum version is woody rich fragrance.
La Nuie de L`homme Le Parfum is much richer and deeper fragrance then the edt version,it has fruitty touch and is less sweeter then the edt.Much boldier and whith bigger presence than the edt version.It has La Nui`s edt aura but as a touch only so we can connect Le parfuf with edt.

La Nuit de L`homme le Parfum is more elegant,misterious and seductive fragrance then the edt version.It last much longer than the edt, projects more but not in your face.Although it is more for the colder weather when I applied yesterday throught the day it was like 32 degrees celsius,very hot weather La nui le parfum was pleasant to wear and it grab compliments immediately.It wasn`t cloying at all.I can suggest you to buy this fragrance as it is wonderfull and different than la nui edt.

DaZeD
DaZeD

I really love La Nuit EDT, i first sampled it a few weeks ago and decided to buy it.I asked the salesgirl what the difference was between the 2 since she did not have a samlpe bottle for the EDP and she told me it was just a stronger version, ...now it isn't.

It's an amazing scent and i love it a lot, but the EDT has a light specific smell in it, i can't tell what it is, but i know it's missing in this version, and i was really annoyed that she didn't mention the differences, this one is way darker, and less complex, i won't complain too much 'cause i love it, but if i'd knew it before i would've bought the EDT version just because of that missing smell and deeper complexity.

This version is only stronger in one way, it misses the lightness of the EDT so it's more heavy, but it's not a stronger version of the same scent, although very similiar.

beobeo796
beobeo796

Opening of this one's like Burberry London A LOT!!!
Can't believe it. I love Burberry London and YSL, but this one makes me feel bad :(

$$
$$

This colonge is bad ass off the charts good.CK Shock smells similar to this colonge.But anyway a must have.BUY IT!!

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Please if you are lookin for a more intensive version of the EDT then forget it, this is like the review before me, its ONLY similar, the EDP completly lost what makes the EDT awesome, why didnt they just make the EDT more intensive and leave the composition untouched, its just ALL woody and nothing much, this is such a pity, I might just try to get the perfume oil of La Nuit D L

fakher
fakher

i dont agree with u Mr guards,actualy this one is much more wearable than the EDT , its unique and perfect for nights out, i do get many complements whenever i wear it, the projection is great too.
9 out of 10 for YSL EDP

GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH
GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH

in fact I got shoked & sad so much from YSL !! it's a big name in perfumes world but they didn't do it well.

Orginaliy I like EDP & Parfum perfumes. It was all my hope to smell a great La Nuit de L'homme as the orginal one but with a new clothes (the perfum clothes). I was waiting, I thought I will get the same perfume but after it's entering the GYM & did little bit body building so all my ideas that I will get same dear perfume but just stronger to show all the friends in the middle of the night that's me :) .. but for sorry the surprised it came from YSL & they broked all my hope (( it's not La nuit which I know !! )).

it's not the same perfume. it's similar but not same. So it's not a great job for me COZ IT'S NOT SAME!!

I don't know why they call it with the same name of the EDT ?!.

I didn't like it much :-(
It's not bad
but
for me The EDT it's much better & much nicer.

SO
as I was always honest
&
all this time I kept my love to the EDT.

for sorry ((le parfum)) I'm not able to share!.

I born to be honest ;)

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

Not bad. I like the opening but drydown is kind of weak

Carestinus
Carestinus

A friend told me she'd buy me a perfume because of an exam I passed. She said I could choose any perfume. I told her to choose among ten (!) I had on a wish list. One of them was La nuit de l'homme (I didn't know much about perfume then...) and when she gave me her present, it was a total surprise to see she bought this EDP. At first I was in love with the idea, then I sprayed and ehm... mm... this is not La nuit de l'homme!! I felt so disappointed because it felt just like baby powder and somehow cloying.

It has a strong mint smell even though it isn't listed anywhere (is it the pepper plus those unknown fruits perhaps?)... then it turns into honeyed vanillic cliché... to end up with the peppery minty vibe. I must say that although I still feel it is too powdery (someone said soapy here, I agree) I can't deny everytime I put it on magic happens and people ask me what I'm wearing. I get easily bored with the smell, but it is very appealing to others... if you pass by, people might get amazed by you , but if you stay too long close to them they might start watching someone else haha. For me this is the night version of Opium Poesie de Chine, which isn't this pretentious and performs better in terms of spice + sweetness. Use it at cold nights and move around the place(clubs, parties in general).

PS: thanks E for the present!

costaleo
costaleo

Not very impressed, yet. Just got it from the mail and what I'll describe here is certainly not my final opinion.
Very leathery and fruity (dry fruit). Drydown reminds me of Tobacco Vanille, but just slightly. I'll come back soon after some more wears.
Just a warning: THIS IS NOT AN INTENSE VERSION OF THE EDT!

New review Oct 20,'11: I have to admit that this EDP version does have a lot of similarities with the EDT. I've been learning that it takes some time for you to really get to know a fragrance, just like it takes time to get to know a person; you see certain aspects that you were not ready to appreciate as you stay in contact. La Nuit EDP is closer to the skin as any EDP should be, and as I see it, the choices made by the perfumer were right; technically, I mean.

I still prefer the EDT, though.

Papi
Papi

EDT is much better, why did they bother?

I know why, because these days having men's EDP is chic!

ravjan
ravjan

As much as I love La Nuit EDT, Le Parfum simply leaves me breathless... and I'd call it anything but fresh/fruity.
It's a very different scent in the first place. Most of the notes are different. La Nuit is just cozily sweet and spicy with the emphasis on sweet whereas Le Parfum is darker, smokier, thicker, braver, richer. I absolutely love the labdanum note which is so prominent. And it lasts forever on my skin. There's no getting away from it. I'm buying a bottle any time soon!

armaniboy

i am buying this tomorrow :-) on my skin and to my nose this smells me of some kind of poison, a sweet dark leathery yet familiar smell. it can get a bit nauseating. silage is really good.the dry-down reminds me a little of the discontinued :( Gucci envy and slightly the original version. all in all a very nice fragrance.

ZeeK
ZeeK

Nice being EDP... as far as the longevity concerns, but I find it close to skin / low to silage...

With my second use, I seem to find it resemble to Canali Black Diamond and coincidently both are an EDP composition.

scenturian

Finally tested today, it has nothing to do with the original, absolutely different. It is already obvious from the notes listed here.
Only a little bit similarity with the original, I think cause of the few similar notes.
Surely oriental.
Start somehow reminds me cK Euphoria Intense. For a while it was like Jaipur Homme by Boucheron. Base also reminds something I know, but couldn't figure out yet.
The notes I was able to detect r spicy notes and labdanum.
Longevity seems ok but since tested only once I don't have idea for the sillage.
Dark, mysterious and hypnotizing. Smelt very nice to my nose.
Will test more and update here.

guest_SNOOPY
guest_SNOOPY

This would be great if it was the same scent as the EDT with better longevity.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.