Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men

La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Videos La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Videos
La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme is a new masculine representative of the house of YSL and it will appear on the market in March 2009. The perfume is announced as one full of contrasts and tensions.

Its flacon is dark and powerful, as if it were announcing powerful ingredients it carries in itself. A veil of mystery and an explosive spicy accord reveal cardamom with sparkling freshness of bergamot, lavender and cedar, which stand for strength of men. Cumin and vetiver in a base ensure a sensual finish and an opulent, elegant closure.

Perfume La Nuit de l`Homme is available in three sizes of bottle - 40ml edt, 60ml edt and100ml edt, along with perfumed deo spray in a collection. The noses behind this fragrance are Anne Flipo, Pierre Wargnye and Dominique Ropion.

Cardamom

Bergamot Virginia Cedar Lavender

Vetiver Caraway

La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne

La Nuit de l`Homme Fragrance Reviews

LipMartell
LipMartell

The notes listed are most likely missing the coumarin that is noticeable at all phases of this fragrance. It is what supplies the noticeable grass-like sweetness amidst the spices here. It really makes it quite attractive.

Fraichey
Fraichey

La Nuit just smells freakin' classy, sexy and sensual. If you're wearing this you'll smell like a confident, masculine guy with great taste. It's definitely for intimate occasions and would also work perfectly with a suit at dinner.

Manly, sweet sweaty cardamom and sensual lavender are combined into this perfect night scent.

essenzion
essenzion

"Un pure délice" according to my taste!!! Great compliment getter!!! Smell mystique, spiritual and sexy!!! I like the way cardamon hit on the start, and the dry down is magic!!! Especially wear on colder late summer evening and fall! Great longevity and silage!

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

This juice is the real deal. I enjoy this a lot and it absolutely shines in the cooler weather. Projects a good 5 hours and lasts 6 to 8 hours. Nothing more to ask for here. Very versatile and is still a scent I enjoy just as the first day I purchased it.

camposg

This is good stuff the reformulation is now better than the original. Its younger and more modern

yarks
yarks

This is quite a popular scent on here, so of course I had to try it. The top notes are near immaculate, being sweet and lovely like a flowered apple cider. The mid notes, however, take a turn I don't necessarily like. Plastic? Yeah, I smell plastic and flowers. Like Wendy's plastic toys, but not nearly as good. The drydown brings repulsion- I don't think anyone would compliment you once you reach this. I requested many women to smell this on me today (various stages) and the results were not nearly as impressive and decisive as the humorous reviews on YouTube and Amazon seem to promise. This is not a "panty dropper" for me at all. It smells okay. It almost takes itself too seriously, particularly since its lack of quality ingredients becomes obvious: it acts like it is well blended, but ultimately remains affectatious. La Nuit de L'homme's biggest flaw is its overall boring feel once you actually wear it. It was beautiful on paper, but on my flesh it just produced too many "bleck!" notes that probably don't appear on others. The scent just got boring and unwanted on me today. Considering the positive press and jubilant endorsement by fellow fumeheads, I'm very much dissappointed. Try on your skin before you buy. Projection is moderate to soft and great longevity (I still smell it, but still not something I enjoy for myself). I'm sticking with the even more boring aquatics, which at least make me feel confident inside.

anna.dkr5

I'll start by saying that this has soft to moderate projection on me, and lasts 8+ hours on clothes. On skin, it lasts about 5 hours. It is the latest formulation.

It opens with a burst of freshness: mostly lavender, black pepper, and a sweet vanilla-like scent, which, according to my nose, is the most noticeable accord in the opening.
Then, as the fragrance develops, I can clearly smell bergamot, and that stays until the very last phases of the drydown. The heart is sweet, floral (I wonder if there are any other flowers in addition to lavender), and there's this constant contrast between the sweetness and the tart bergamot. It's a really interesting and sexy contrast.
The base notes are my least favourite ones here. I can clearly smell the spices, not so sweet anymore, but very "foody". Cardamom and cumin make for a peppery scent.
When i woke up this morning, I immediately thought: "What smells like spicy food?" And then, I realized that I had sprayed on La Nuit last night. I wasn't exactly "turned on" by it, but the top and heart notes are to die for. You might love the spicy drydown, too, and I would recommend sampling this one before buying it.

I'll give this a rating of 4 out of 5 because of the exotic food smell in the drydown.

Bundle
Bundle

@DAD jax, shayan

I totally agree with you guys. Just received my bottle which is made in September,2013.

After 1 hour the smell is gone, gotta dig your nose into your wrist to even sense the smell.

I am very disappointed, as I do believe this is a great scent but the batch that I received is just so bad.. Wasted my money..

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

I dont understand why people dont like this scent.It is by far the best sex scent on the market.Your lady will like it especially in the dry down she might smell your neck all night long
Scent : 10/10
Longevity : 9.5/10(9-10 hours)
Projection : 8/10(obviously this fragrance is great for dates It projects just right amount)
Sillage : 10/10 (nice alluring sillage)
Versatality : 7/10 (perfect for close quarter - work - night out)
Overall : Perfect 10! (I dont recommend this fragrance If you just want to own 1 fragrance because it is not the most versatile fragrance in the world but for night out , dates this is by far the best fragrance on the market)

calculus314
calculus314

I absolutely fell in love with this fragrance at first sniff. It's very difficult for me to put into words what it smelled like when I first sprayed this. The best way I could describe this scent was something sweet and romantic, like a perfect date scent. The scent was so heavenly that I couldn't stop using it.

However, there was always something not right about the fragrance, I couldn't quite put my finger on it...

Until one night, I sprayed it all over my pillow and blanket. Then later the next day, I walked into my room and a very familiar smell hit me like a ton of bricks: Indian Food.

I ran back to the store the next day. Luckily, they let me return it.

True Story.

***Update***
I did some research to make sure I wasn't crazy or got bad bottle. According to the designer, there is Cumin in this fragrance. Not listed as one of the notes here but 100% true there is Cumin in this fragrance.

***Update #2***
Caraway and Cumin are NOT the same thing. Caraway is slightly bitter/minty and Cumin is somewhat like curry/body odor.

Like I said before, I fell in love with this fragrance just like many of you. Unfortunately, when it dries down, it reminds me of nothing else but Indian food.

***Update #3***
It's definitely worth checking out Axe Anarchy for those casual days if you like this scent.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Smoky, incense chypre - fresh limey citrusy/bergamot tea like notes to balance the deep sweet smoky cardamom - the bottle matches the scent inside perfectly. I also detect sandalwood and patchouli to my nose. My partner loves this one - one of the few he has used the whole bottle of before it turns bad which is quite rare though I am getting the idea it's lavender that works so well on his chemistry - the 3 faves he wears are all heavy on lavender - an unexpected note which I personally hate on me but he seems to wear so well.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

The best of the L'Homme flankers. A modern, sexy fragrance that always gets me compliments. Longevity, 7+ hours with good projection. I use it year round but I think it's better in colder months. I've had 2 bottles- 1 when it was released and my current bottle from 1 1/2 years ago. 9.5/10

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

This is definitely a date night fragrance during the winter season.

LMurad
LMurad

Many panties have been dropped from this scent. It is going into the fragrance hall of fame first ballot inductee.Beautiful scent.The reformulation has made the longevity a tad shorter than the original.

@Dad jax
I've tested the new formulation in a reputable store and 100% confirm what you said, shameful longivity and pitiful projection just like what you said.
It used to be my No.1 love, but now I cannot even think about it- unless I can find a vintage.
So, I'd say, what you got is probably authentic.

Dad jax

Guys need help a bit, i bought a tester recently for 42euros ... the code on it matches the tester box also but there is a problem that i already have a bottle from back 2010(quarter full) the old bottle is more spicer and stays strong for solid 4 hours and then get mellow and sweet light for another 3 hours , but this tester i bought recently, first the bottle is taller then my other bottle and second it starts the same but gets mellow and sweet in just 40 mins and stays that way for another 2 hours after it just stickssss to skin badly.. i know its reformulated but is my bottle genuine??
Help guys si i can change it...

Marcos Oliveira

Beira a perfeição na proposta dele... doce agradavel, com fundo amadeirado bem masculino , bela projeção e fixação, mas o meu destaque vai para o aroma, sensacional...elegante e convidativo.

S.Banks
S.Banks

MIDNIGHTS IN HEAVEN must smell like this. Imagine a pond under a full moon that happens to have lavender surrounding its edges, throw in some sugar and spices and you know the rest... Seriously though this scent gives off a euphoric feeling that leaves people wanting more and more.

Excellent longevity and superb sillage, very inoffensive please try it!

A++

Dofedo
Dofedo

Не успел появиться, как вышел из моды. Ароматы такого типа легко узнаваемы, люди на улице пользуются ими, как дневными духами, убивая всех вокруг, может быть их носы не так чувствительны ( пишу из Москвы)

Soul37
Soul37

Wearing this fragrance is like fishing with dynamite. It's not even fair. Causes cougars to follow me in grocery stores late at night.

ChristianGrey
ChristianGrey

Verdict:

Scent:
Opening: 9/10
Dry Down: 6/10
Sillage: 6/10
Longevity: 10 + hours (4 sprays)
Audiences: Young 43%, Middle-Aged 36% , Old 21%
Value: Awesome ★★★★
Purchase: BUY

jdawg
jdawg

My first impression was that I'd hate this perfume. I was given a bottle and sprayed it on my wrist twice. Lasted all day. Didn't like it. However, sprayed it again in my neck and WOW I love it. I know what I'll be buying next.

tonitiwari
tonitiwari

this is what harvey spector would wear or bruce wayne (when not in batman cloak). dark, sexy & mysterious. love it.

lou6
lou6

Love this one..Go easy on the trigger 1 spray, maximum 2
espicially in the summer

parfumlikker
parfumlikker

This smells amazing. This will be my next fragrance.

anna.dkr5

Upon spraying this, I get a burst of sweet lavender and something that reminds me of black pepper. This accord stays for about an hour on my skin. Imagine sweetness with something dark in the background. It's not the kind of pepper that stings your nostrils, though. You can definitely smell it, but it's still rather smooth. Then, I start smelling bergamot. It's a really nice bergamot note that is very prominent on my skin, and nearly acts as the main player, while the cardamom (and the other notes) acts as a sweet background. This cologne projects moderately (about an arm's length) for an hour, then starts dying down. Four hours into it, it's pretty much a skin scent, and I get whiffs of bergamot mixed with a sort of vanilla sweetness. I love this fragrance, but wish it projected a little more. I wouldn't want to a projection monster, but it would be nice if it were just a little more noticeable. I'll try it on my clothes, too, and see how it performs there. All in all, I'd probably give it a 9 out of 10, mainly because of its weak projection, and questionable longevity.
I'd wear this year-round, because it's light enough. It's lighter than Dior Homme Intense (2013), and sometimes I wear that in summer, so I don't see why I wouldn't wear this. Then again, it's a strictly personal choice.

Budman
Budman

The many positive reviews surrounding this one are hard to ignore. Many of those also suggest this is the best one in this line. I have sampled this three times now as I am drawn to it's smooth creamy seduction quality, but despite giving it a like, it is one of few scents that is too cloying for me. It must be the sweetness as I get a little stomach sickness and mild headache each time an hour plus in.

warlockss

this stuff is gold . i was wearing this everyday for 2 years straight it was my signature for sure , but then i just stopped wearing it and decided to try other fragrances , after getting bored from my other scents i came back to old faithfull and low and behold the compliments start rolling in again. hell i was getting noticed by 50yold indian ladies at work even one of them wanted to know the name of it .

This fragrance is incredible, just form the first spray i knew this one would be one of my all time favorites and i was right, i adore it. The sweet, cardamon and lavender just mix so well together. I honestly cannot stress enough how amazing this smells. Longevity and silage is not the greatest however but still a top notch fragrance.

Mr.X
Mr.X

Nice smell. Nothing special. No compliments. Longevity is poor. Projection is soft. Not bad. Just another fragrance out there.

VJG
VJG

La Nuit-“The Night “is the new day. Unconditional love in a bottle.. Heavy on compliments!!. Happy to own this...and will never let go !!

Longevity is impressive (Sure shot-7 Hrs) and when you think about this you can feel this fragrance engulfing you ....Love it! Live it!..

KaseyC
KaseyC

Finding a perfect perfume is like finding a spouse, a soul mate, the best friend.

I think I have found my 'husband' and this is YSL La Nuit de l'Homme.

I first met him on a hot and humid early summer day. I took his arm on mine and I felt and smelled wonderful when we're walking. He gave me so much confidence, happiness and love that I didn't realize. After 5 hours we said goodbye and since then I couldn't stop thinking about him and the feelings that he passed on me from the first hour to the last hour on our very first date.

After a month, I knew he's returning and I was so excited about the news. And guess what, he said he would stay with me until the very last drop that he could offer. I was all over the moon and I felt complete when he's around.

He may not look perfect but he's so good inside and that's most important. I am a happy and proud wife!

tluciano7
tluciano7

I'm a single guy and I'll be quick and frank...WOMEN LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! This scent WILL get you noticed!

jj2533
jj2533

BRAVO YSL!!!! Best in ysl except for Jazz. Jazz is just classic imo. this is compliment getter. longevity isnt all great though on me. i only get 4 hours max.

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Update:
I posted a very positive review here a few weeks back. This has always been a good fragrance for me. I blind bought it and I loved it immediately. I always got compliments on it. I knew that this juice made me sexier. I even made it my signature scent. It no longer is.
I have a memory attached to this now. A woman that I care for very much loved this on me. It didn't work out between us though. I had one romantic evening with her that I'll never forget. I was wearing this. She told me multiple times how much she loved it on me too. But it didn't work out between us. Every time that I've sprayed it since, it's taken me back to the last time I was with her.
I hate that I have to say good bye. I hate that I have to say it to her and I hate that I have to say it to my beloved La Nuit de L'Homme.

njrussette
njrussette

I recently purchased a 60ml edt of La Nuit de L'Homme. Upon the first few sprays, I really get a sense of the clean lavender smell right away. As the scent dries down, I get more of the cardamom note. The lavender is listed as a middle note but I get it right off the bat, maybe it's just me though. The scent is very clean, comes across as professional, but could also be seen as as unisex because of the strong flowery notes. Also a bit of a powdery note that comes in with the dry down. Overall, this is a great fragrance. It can be used for every day wear, but my suggestion is save it for the date nights and formal events. As for silage and projection, it lasts for most of the day on skin (about 8-12 hours) and lasts for days on clothing. It is not a "loud" fragrance, it leaves a slight trail but nothing major. Most people probably won't smell it unless they're within 5 or so feet of you.

My recommendations: 2-4 sprays on your neck/arms, avoid using it during hot weather because it may become more apparent than you wish.

Overall, I give this scent a solid 4.5/5. Fantastic fragrance, definitely worth buying!

saiful.enver
saiful.enver

I purchased it like 2 months ago and wore it for few times.

Beautiful fragrance it is but doesn't last long on my body. Longevity is about 5 hours (max) on my body.

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

I tested this at Nordstrom. I really liked it and thought it might be unique at first. As the minutes started to pass by, it began to smell more and more like Polo Sport until it smelled almost exactly like it. My impression is that it is kind of expensive to smell so similar to Polo Sport (which I do like and owned as a teenager).

sandun019019
sandun019019

To me is one of the best from YSL

scent: 9/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 6/10

gavila
gavila

Wear it in winter nights, awesome :)

landon1
landon1

La nuit = married woman cornering you and seducing you

MCvitic
MCvitic

Amazing scent !
This is one of those "must have" in your collection

It is perfect for dates, girls love it

garfimacs
garfimacs

It is sweet. It is nice. But no any magic, just a simple sweet scent without fantasy. I dare to say, a boring scent. Medium longevity ( 2 hours on my wrist )

khalid al mudares
khalid al mudares

This perfume is one of the outstanding men perfumes it is elegant, rich ,oriental and style.I can not get enough of it.it worths every penny for its moderate price.its longevity is very good and its projection is good and its smell is excellent.i recommend it for every gentleman.

joov84
joov84

a warm spicy transparent scent.

a very good combination of lavendar and cardamom in the opening. the fragrance gets slightly sweet and woody as it dries down. it comes off as a transparent type of fragrance in my books. one of the first fragrances in my collection. never got bored of it. the performance is just good.

8.2/10

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

Sweet, aromatic, masculine, complex. There's a hint of gourmand but it's soft and complimentary. This is a scent that talks in a strong, confident and deep voice. An erudite guest at a dinner party who commands but does not demand attention. Quite brilliant actually.

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

This goes great with a suit. If you're young and got cashflow you can't go wrong. Yves Saint-Laurent is truly a wonderful fragrance, would be even better with some natural ingredients.

JulianArmando
JulianArmando

First off, I have oily skin, and thus I find that fragrances tend to be stronger and more potent on me than on others. I got a sampler of this cologne because of all the amazing reviews that I read about it, but it is very much NOT for me. Maybe it's just bad chemistry between this fragrance and I, but every time I wear it I am left with an aching head and an itchy, rashed arm. I'm not sure why this scent has so many good reviews, because in my honest opinion it has an overly sweet and incredibly powerful, cloying smell, but again, it could just be because of my skin type. I had my brother try it as well and he had the same results. Please keep in mind that both of us are fairly young, and thus our noses might not yet be mature enough or whatever to enjoy the scent alone, regardless of its interaction with our skin. I do not recommend this fragrance for individuals with oily skin, but everybody is different, so try it out for yourself!

Packaging/Presentation: 10/10 (Yes, I rate the bottle, some are very poor quality..)
Versatility: 7/10

SeReZhka.Ca
SeReZhka.Ca

Very good perfume and of good quality!

Leaves a pleasant trail behind you...
Smells very elegant and aromatic.

sillage- heavy.
longevity- pretty decent (half a day almost!)

Definitely recommend it if you like aromatic fragrances.

panoulis1992

longevity:7.5/10
projection:7/10
sillage:6.5/10
versatility:9/10
overall:39.5/50

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

La Nuit is not my favorite but it's a nice scent...my missus loves it, and the ladies seem to really like it too. I really like cardamom when used in fragrance. However, I also like ginger and prefer YSL L'Homme over their La Nuit version.

Longevity is average and it sits softly on my skin, which is fine for this kind of fragrance which is geared for spending time with someone you know intimately. Still..there is just enough for me to love La Nuit. It's hard not to like L'Homme or La Nuit...just good-smelling cologne.

birkanalayci
birkanalayci

It was my signature for years, but its been five years and I've grown a boring man. And I started to use it's big brother "l'homme". If you need a scent that all girls love, DO NOT STOP! It is not a just winter scent imo, even summer nights are suitable by right usage. Thumbs up!

neilvizuett

I´ve witten my review before, but to update you, let me tell you that this is a ladykiller, the most-complimented-by-girls scent in my collection ever. My girlfriend loves it and literally sticks her neck and hair to my neck, so that she can have my scent too, she says, and she kisses me in the neck a lot. Projection: She says (among other people) that she knows when I'm around because she can smell my scent, so, I guess it´s pretty good. Longevity: I´ve applied it 6 hours before seeing my girlfriend and she says "you always smell so good, and a lot", also, I get comments from other people saying to me things like: "what fragrance are you wearing?" late at night, even if I had applied it in the afternoon. Now it is my favorite scent, and at first I didn´t find it special and thought it was pure hype, and nothing but cardamom... OOOhh boy, how wrong I was!

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

In most cases flankers are usually a disappointment but in this case the flankers actually a step above the original !!!

Even though this scent is probably a bit mature for the people I hang out with to appreciate I do have to admire this fragrance for what it is.

And that is its a very fresh,spicy vibe that has a very gourmandish drydown thats very pleasant. Its very similar to the original but is more masculine,mature and has more depth to its smell... A COUGAR PLEASER FOR SURE !!!

Drawbacks to this though is that like I stated if your looking for a scent thats going to be appealing for the younger crowd this 1 isnt for you because even though its not off putting its not going to be favorable unless your involved with a crowd of people older than there upper 20's and up.

Gorgeous scent tho and 1 I do love and respect

Performance is great with this as I get 8-10 hours and pretty solid projection the whole way through

Id give this a final rating of 8.5 out of 10 !!!

mikel.joko
mikel.joko

semprotan awal seperti wangi bedak yg terkesan dark, middle notes nya wangi nya berubah menjadi lebih spicy dan sexy, tapi dry down nya saya ga suka

S: 6/10
L; 6/10
P: 7/10
scent: 7,5

roll4fun
roll4fun

La Nuit is a pleasantly spicy, moderately long lasting fragrance for me. There is no doubt that the spicy "C" notes are the star of the show. I get 6 hours longevity, though it gets closeto the skin after the 4 hour point. After 3 hours, the spicy scent fades more in favor of floral/powdery notes,hence the unisex impression by some.
I sure like the initial spicy notes, and will likely buy a replacement bottle when current 1.3 oz runs out.

ezeizat
ezeizat

Such a sexy smell. This is a date/night rotation STAPLE. Very good all round fragrance. My most complemented cool weather scent.

10/10 Scent
7/10 Projection
7/10 Longevity
6/10 Silage

A modern classic of the 2000s.

This is a fragrance that will retain a following for years.

Ricardo the Great
Ricardo the Great

Women love this fragrance. Really gets them riled up if you know what I mean.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Got a HUGE sample of this, and tried it for about a week before I realized it was a men's frag. ('Duh' moment). I figured it was a typical unisex fragrance! My boyfriend actually complimented me on it multiple times, asking me which "new perfume I had on".

It's a very comforting, fresh/spicy scent, from start to finish. Masculine, but without that cheap/phony "I'm trying way too hard to be manly" aspect to the smell. Definitely soft and intense enough for long-term daytime wear, and could be interesting enough for nighttime use depending on the setting. (And, evidently, attractive to ladies.)

I was actually 100% ready to purchase the full-size bottle for us to share, until I sat with the dry-down for an extended period of time, over multiple days. The cedar note on my skin is VERY prominent, and I've concluded that this makes me smell like a fancy hamster, rolled in wood shavings. I so wish that I pulled off the scent better, very jealous of all of you that can!

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

This is a remarkable fragrance. In fact, this and Armani Code were what sparked my interest in collecting after I grew tired of the original Curve. The Cardamom and Lavender combination in this is sublime. As far as the comparisons above, after 30 minutes, I feel Frozen and LNDL are interchangeable (if you disregard longevity). I dont really see the comparison to Avant Garde. I will say this, if you haven't smelled this fragrance, you owe it to yourself to go out and try for yourself. Projection is moderate and longevity is 8 hours. LNDL is at its best in the spring and fall.

tahir akbaş
tahir akbaş

When I bought this perfume a few months ago, I thought "OK, nice fragrance" and used it a couple of times.

But yesterday while trying my new decants, I also sprayed once la nuit on my neck and I forgot about it. Maybe 1 our later an amazing scent begin to come my nose and I became "OMG which perfume is that!!" It was somehow very familiar to me but, I started to sniff all new decants like crazy and of course couldn't find it.

Finally, after a 30 minute search I remembered my old friend, la nuit de l'homme :)

At the opening part you think "yes it's a very good scent" but the middle notes... It's like a dream come true, it's the holy grail of franrances.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

A rich mixture of aromatics and fruits.
Sits quite well on my skin, and projects almost the entire time of its life (about 6-8 hours).
At first, I felt it was cloyingly sweet as it seemed to grow after application. I usually spray two to the chest and one to the neck. It sits still at first, but quickly grows legs after about 20-30 minutes on the skin.
This cologne is good for most occasions- informal or formal. It seems rampantly popular in recent times due to its alluring scent and sickeningly sweet aroma it puts off. I definitely recommend it, and usually try to put it in my lineup at least once a week.

Projection- 8/10 (Projects well for the life)
Longevity- 7/10 (6+ hours on my skin)
Versatility- 9/10 (Any occasion!)

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

The cardamom here is delicious, warm and sensuous. I want to find that same note in a woman's fragrance...or maybe I can get away with this one? It only smells distincly "male" when first spritzed, but after a minute or two, I feel it could be unisex.

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

Im not familiar with these notes but this smells good! Projection and silliage and solid longevity is 6-8 hours (that's all you need for a date at night). It does start off fresh i guess that's the bergamot but i find it to smell like spices. Then it sweetens up which most highschool girls like. Its for all ages and all the reviewers on youtube said older women like it! Idk but hey i guess everyone loves it!

metalmickey
metalmickey

Just bought mine in India today....though mine has the batch Code serial number and intact packing with importer name-loreal ..mnfctrd in 09/13
mine has bad longevity projection and smells too subtle...is this how it smells?never smelled it before though!does not stay more than 1 hour on my skin inspite of 5 sprays on my wrist and chest!

frednugentesq
frednugentesq

I don't care about projection.
I don't care about longevity.
I don't care if anyone notices.
It's all about the smell.
I love it!
It's Fantastic and when I wear it I feel Fantastic.
This EDT will always have a spot in my collection.

Ashcroft87
Ashcroft87

La nuit is already a classic and will ever be.
It is one of the few fragrances that I keep buying when the bottle is empty.

But compared to the versions that I bought back in 2010, it has slightly had a loss in terms of projection.
Still smells amazing with the cardamom and lavender as main accords and hints of a vibrant but smooth blended bergamot.
All together they combine to give that floral aromatic feeling that suit perfectly the night. I would dare to say it is an all year round fragrances as you can easily use it in every season. Not cloying, and a compliment getter...You'll see...

As many noted, the Eau de toilette presents a better smell than the Eau de parfum. Longevity with EDT is fantastic anyway.

It is one of those fragrances worth even a blind buy.

Longevity 9
Projection 8
Smell 10

canesforlife
canesforlife

Just tried it today. Impressed!

stinkypnutz
stinkypnutz

I smelled this fragrance for the first time in a magazine and it blew me away. This is a cologne for adult professionals or polished and classy young men.

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

Instant arounsing the senses! A true male. A sexy gentleman. He is past the 30's and confident. He knows what he wants and I want him! ;D

Charlie Onzal
Charlie Onzal

I bought it because of all the good reviews, i didn't smell it before actually buying it, when i first tried it, i was dissapointed, i didn't like it at all, but after 2 months or so, i tried again, and i was totally shocked, how could i dislike this one? now it's my signature, the smell is unique and delicious.

garmonbozia
garmonbozia

La Nuit de l`Homme is a very safe fragrance. I had high hopes for this one but my first thought when I sprayed it on my wrist was: "It's a very generic scent".
Later on I started to appreciate it more.
What can I write about it? It is, what it is. Aromatic scent created from a few simple notes. I sense lavender most of all.
La Nuit is nice and elegant. Fortunately I can't sense any vetiver so I was spared from "soapy grandpa" vibe.
The real problem here is not the scent itself but the sillage and longevity. I must put my nose close to the skin to sense anything.

RIVERA FRAGRANCE FANATIIC
RIVERA FRAGRANCE FANATIIC

Dude, every time I smell this...I fall IN LOVE...this has a unique accent..it is a lady magnet it is dark, attractive...a rich smell is what you get out of this fragrance..THIS IS DEFINITELY A BUY!

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

I knew that I wanted this fragrance ever since I first smelled it. I loved the deep, rich, slightly powdery quality of the smell. It was masculine, mysterious, and dark but completely intoxicating. Something kept me from buying it full price right there in Sephora. Finally, I picked up a gift set with a 3.3oz bottle, aftershave, and body wash for only $34!! I love this fragrance!! Don't listen to all the haters. they can have there own opinion but I love this smell so much! It opens incredibly smooth with the spice from the cardamon and lavender. Then I get the bergamot and caraway, cedar, and vetiver. I definitely can pick up all the notes but the vetiver is probably the least noticeable. The dry down is woody and powdery. Overall the scent is fairly aromatic but still remains on the dark side.
Although the name suggests it is only for the "night" you can wear this anytime you want. Fall, winter, spring, and maybe even summer (But go easy on the sprays). As for occasions I can see wearing this going out, casually, formally, and even to work. The longevity is really good (At least 8 hours) and the sillage is also good. I sprayed this once on my wrist and I caught wiffs of it for at least 3 hours!! Then the scent dies down a bit but will definitely get noticed. Another positive is that the bottle is really sexy looking!! It matches the juice inside! What an amazing scent from YSL. Excellently blended, smells sexy, and performs really well (Not beast mode, but just right). I highly recommend this cologne to anybody!

Versatility: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Edit: just got my first compliment wearing this! Within the first hour of the first time wearing this fragrance two people asked what cologne I was wearing after I walked by. I walked by and then I overheard them saying something smelled really good. They wondered what it was and finally the one lady said I think it was that man's cologne. They both asked me what I was wearing and said it smelled so good. I told them it was YSL la nuit de l'homme but they had never heard of it.

Meaty0
Meaty0

I absolutely love this fragrance. After applying it, my wife and daughter commented several times on how "different" this scent was and mentioned that if filled the room - great projection. I think this would suit a large range of men and most occasions, so girls - here's a great present for your man.

My newest favourite.

Lexxy
Lexxy

Women really like this! Trust me I'm one ... It's both sexy warm and clean light fresh at the same time. Some sexy warm colognes can be a bit too much and some clean fresh colognes are sometimes not sexy or memorable enough, well this has both, perfect combo. I can see this on a man of any age, easy to wear non offensive. Men colognes should not be too complex or loud in my opinion, they should be simple light with a hint of sexiness. You don't want to seem like you're trying too hard or cover up your own manly scent. YSL La nuit is defenitely not something I would mind a man wearing and I'm not too big on men wearing cologne.

sil.sirbu

It actually means The Night Of The Man.

DR ROCK
DR ROCK

cardamom bomb !!!
the best perfume include cardamom !!!

Vampiris
Vampiris

as a girl I have to say this is my fav male cologne..I have heard that the translation of it is Man of the Night..it does match the nice packing..

whoever is wearing this..good taste..it smells divine and expensive..fantastic dry down

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

Sangat sexy dan masculin.. sayang ketahanan di kulit saya tidak terlalu lama. Tapi soal notes, hhmmmmmm amazing!

Dajora
Dajora

Tried this on my wrist today and i absolutely love the smell of it, not too strong, projects well, floral/aromatic/woody with a manly calm and confident twist to it.

i'm at the 5 hour mark now and it's still projecting somewhat decently, although it definitely tones down after the 4 hour mark and you will have to get your nose about twice as close to your wrist to smell it. for now i would say the someone else would have to be within 1 meter to be able to smell it, and in the opening it would project 2 meters away.
i'm expecting the longevity to end at around the 8-9 hour mark.
i'm almost 24 years old and i became a fan of this scent today, definitely a future buy for me

10/10 for what it is: a versatile, calm and manly scent that projects well, but not enough to offend people. I would wear this anytime of the day, fall, winter and spring as long as it's cold outside and i still need to be wearing a warm jacket.

UPDATE: 7.5 hours in, smell still lingering and still projecting, i'm even more impressed!

UPDATE two: I'm 9 hours in now and the it's fading away, have to get my nose right over my skin to smell it. Might be just me but i think it get a bit of a more fresh kind of scent in the background as it tones down.

yuresh
yuresh

my batch is early 2013 and yes i bought it because of the positive feedback here and the conclusion was that is a big difference! yes LA NUIT it was reformulated.....i didnt smelled or used the early aged juice but this one new is weak....WEAK....not even close to the performances other users describe here...I used 6-8 sprays....it projects and people can smell you only in the first 1-2 hours and after that all skin scent for maximum 10 hours....!the smell is amazing still....great one but performances are bad....i'd say is a safe night scent! and yes women still love this one....not a ''panty dropper'' but loved one for the opposite sex! of course when SHE can smell you....an that is when she comes close to you,hugs you....or if she feels La nuit in the forst maximum 2 hours after you first sprayed! all in all i think it's a good fragrance but 100% reformulated!

neilvizuett

I confess I didn´t like it the fist time I wore it, but now I can appreciate it. It is definitely for the classy man with refined taste and the man who love the fair sex. I think it was designed for seduction. Of course, to seduce you need more than a fragrance, but if you look for a seductive fragrance to please the fair sex, this is the one. One of my favorites (if not my favorite) now.

dbatiste1
dbatiste1

Great smell. Lots of compliments, but ONLY for cold nights out IMHO. Can be easily offensive otherwise and/or overpowering. I usually were Banana Republic's Republic of Men during the day( which smells very identical just more subtle) and transitioning into this as the night comes. Like you would transition DH to DHI.

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Tried it...not sure yet. Wife gives it 8/10.

Bogarde
Bogarde

Some reviewers say that ysl la nuit de l'homme is similar to D&G The one, and that's true, maybe la nuit de l'homme reminds me "the one" just for a few minutes after spray it because of the cardamom and cedar notes, both are warm, spicy, sweet but in depth are different.

Well, La nuit has a very sweet powdery smell but overall is pleasant, masculine and sensual. Good projection and sillage. L'homme and La nuit de l'homme are really fantastic!

Overall: 9/10

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

Some perfume reviewers find it cheap smelling. Anyways dont care about them. It is so warm and sexy !

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

OK THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. ITS MY GO TO SCENT FOR BIG NIGHTS. JUST WONDERFUL YOU COULD LIVE OFF THIS AND LHOMME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. 9/10

Antares811
Antares811

Amazing male scent. It's warm and elegant. Sexy. Highly recommended.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

A must have...this sits next to my other hall of fame designer frags. I first tried this at an Ulta about two years prior to its release and it stood out more than any other new fragrances they carried at the time. With the exception of CD Homme Intense. Huge fan of YSL!!!
Longevity and is above average on my skin. Sillage is moderate.

Puchy Saint Black
Puchy Saint Black

For man, true, mysterious, sensual, captivating, manly and fragile at the same,but still keeps this note masculine characters to say "I'm here,feel me, approach to me and falls under my spell without turning you .. ."
A quintessence that is eaten on her man for hours so you get lost in it ... Seducer's perfume par excellence, elixir of Love, of character, where passion collide as the effluvia shots Lightning ... YSL has succeeded, hats Down!

Dova Saint Black
Dova Saint Black

This perfume is very nice on the body of a man, at once captivating and sensual, it remains in the nose and in the spirit ...

Bitzy77
Bitzy77

I have just bought this for my partner and I have fallen head over heels in love with it. I think it might become my signature scent!!! So sexy and classy... AMAZING!!! Total panty dropper!

jochris
jochris

when i am using this i will spray it and wait for 5 to 10 min before i go out or i will let it to dry down first because theres feminine vibe smell to it...

Rossyh
Rossyh

One of my all time great smells, love it. The most pleasing aspect for me is how completely different it is to anything else in my collection (bar of course YSL Homme). I tend to wear it only in the latter parts of the day, but I see no reason why you couldn't wear it all the time bar the hot summer days.

Performance is great in every area with only 3 sprays needed. Perfect for a date scent or anytime you're wanting to make a good impression. For me it's faultless.

To my surprise this is yet another fragrance I thought I'd reviewed or at least posted my review for ages ago...but obviously not.
I won't go on too much as pretty much everything that needs to be said regarding this fragrance has been. I get an overwhelming air of sexiness and an alluring quality which I think was exactly it's intention...the perfect mixture of cardamom, bergamot and a hint of lavender. The drydown is superb slightly powdery and a very clean cedar/vetiver. The citrus and fruity berry vibe comes more to the forefront than the spice which is probably what makes this fragrance so socially excepted and commercially successful. I for one can take a bit more cardamom (the likes of Hypnose) but obviously YSL wanted to strike up a balance that would appeal to many.
It's funny how many of my friends who are not into fragrance (that's all of them!) own this fragrance. One of my very good friends told me he wears it almost exclusively now after years of searching for his signature. I should point out that he is a bit of a ladies man and I was informed on good authority that this fragrance was a lady killer and drives them wild apparently? I don't know about all that but I don't see why the average non collector or scent enthusiast couldn't wear this everyday in every situation, just smell incredibly good and be content.
I need more variation in my life but I enjoy owning and wearing this on occasion it's an excellent fragrance.

Ali LAKHAL
Ali LAKHAL

It is both seductive & very captivating, it can be worn both in summer's and winter's night!
I've always said "I'll never buy 2 bottle of the same perfume", but I did not have a choice.
This is a fragrance that marks its territory, it is a true masterpiece,and the bottle has class, it is chic for my taste.
For me it is the N°1 of masculine fragrances, I strongly advice!

drewqxc
drewqxc

Lasts and projects extremely well, smells great, and is a compliment getter. I do 2-4 sprays and I am good to go! I describe the smell as sexy, sweet, and masculine. A must buy for your collection, you will not regret it!

Laurdess
Laurdess

To all the men who bought this cologne... High 5 yourself because this $h!t is DELISH.... To the man that has not gotten a bottle of this.. Please do so. Signed every woman in America.

Pinnacos

I assumed that the largest bottle of this (the EDT specifically) was 100ml. I recently grabbed 3 - 200ml bottles from Dillard's and soonafter noticed that in Europe and Australia the 200ml bottle is a common size. Any ideas why they don't make this gluttonous size easily available here in the most gluttonous country in the world?

Yes, the US.

Catch22
Catch22

This one gives me a really bad headache as well. I've used it on 3 occasions and ended up with a rapid headache all 3 times. I'm puzzled which note could be the culprit as they are quite common in my other frags with no problems.
It must be the cardamom. I'm finding I can handle it in very small amounts, but when it becomes a prominent note in a fragrance, as it is with this one, I tolerate it far less.

frenchwhore237

good scent but no one has this much money to blow on perfume. What a shame!

suryopras
suryopras

This is my favorite!

Smell: 5/5
Projection: 3/5
Longetivity: 4/5

Overall: 4/5

Highly recommended for men.

godfather2.0
godfather2.0

a nice smell with a 10h long lasting & a 6 feet sillage
smell: 08/10
longevity: 08/10
projection: 08/10

my overall rating:08/10

sil.sirbu

I absolutely love this fragrance. In terms of longevity and projection it's way above average. I'd definitely wear this at a romantic dinner.

jackfort
jackfort

One of the best scents out there. Good sillage and longevity

adamhabib
adamhabib

For those who dont smell it on themselves, rest assured that it is projecting and making the ladys knees weak. It is that kind of scents that you dont smell but others smell whenever you pass by or get close to them.
YSL are the best.

invaderlark
invaderlark

I really don't like this fragrance, I might even go as far as to say that I hate it. The cardamom is so strong and just rubs me the wrong way. It makes me nauseous. Funny enough, people love this fragrance on me. They say it smells fantastic or they love it. I guess I'm just the odd one out who doesn't like this fragrance. The longevity is pretty good and projection is average to heavy. Beautiful bottle. The name is true to the fragrance, very spicy and perfect for the night.

scentgent
scentgent

It's been reformulated to hell. Doesn't last 30 minutes.

I have asked others in my family to smell me, and they smell nothing. Even used it with moisturizers.

fresh_scents

As a lover of sweet and spicy fragrances, La Nuit de l'Homme will always remain in my fragrance wardrobe. I enjoy the citrus and woody fragrances to a certain degree but the gourmands that sit on this electronic top self are my absolute favorites. For those of you with a similar view and/or preference concerning sweet fragrances, please suggest some juices that I should consider.

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

Bought this to be my night scent a while back after a long time of searching. The scent in phenomenal, and very sophisticated. Have had a lot of complements over this, and I feel sexy as hell wearing it.

Aromatic, sweet, spicy - very balanced!

The scent if strong so don't overdo it. 2-4 sprays, maybe 5 in the colder months. Luckily this is not that stingy, so you are pretty safe even if you overdo it a little.

A real compement getter, great lasting power, and great sillage.

Perfect for night, all year around.

A gentleman's scent. Viral and confident. Everything just seems to be just right with this scent. Definetly try this out. Maybe not for everyone, but I really love it, and so do the ladies.

9/10.

Ricks44
Ricks44

Okay this is a tricky one...

I read up a lot on fragrance on the internet and decide which ones I'd like to try and buy. Through to the many great recommendations on fragrantica I've purchased some amazing bottles - which all lived up to the hype... Dior Homme Intense, Fahrenheit, Pure Malt etc...

What I mean is, upon smelling these fragrances I can see why they're held in such high esteem. One that always appears on fragranticas forums usually under some "sexiest scents for men" type threads - is La Nuit De l'Homme. So on that I figured this has got to be in the league of all the other hyped scents. I tried it in department stores numerous times... Literally spraying it onto my hand, wrist, neck and not being able to smell anything at all apart from a very very weak airy smell with a slightly alcohol opening. I didn't get any of the "very sweet" or "long lasting with great silage" comments. Quite the opposite. So I was perplexed by the high praise for this fragrance.

Long story short - I was out shopping 2 weeks ago and I found a little gem of a store which sold unused tester bottles of all the fragrances they stocked. All legit. I purchased others that I already own/ran out of too. They were selling these bottles half price so I decided to take a chance on La Nuit.

Now I've had two weeks to experiment with it, in which I've worn it every day. I do now like the scent quite a lot. In fact it has been addictive for me. I can't stop smelling it and I do agree with the "sexy" label it has been given. It is definitely subtly confident, mysterious and alluring.

Now here's my problem with it... I can't get it to last anything more than an hour. Literally I sprayed 20 sprays on one day as a test. On my neck hands chest, clothes. Projects for about the first 30 minutes before becoming a skin scent - only been able to smell if I press my nose right up against my skin.

So I thought this may be my chemistry, skin type etc. I've tried spraying it on others to see if I can smell it. Not only was their no projection, the person I sprayed it on never got whiff of it after the initial blast. I sprayed about 6-7 sprays on them.

I'm not sure if La Nuit has been reformulated and the projection and silage people are posting about is an older version but I definitely can't get anything from this juice. Which is a real shame because I love the scent. In fact I'd be quite happy to let it into my top 10 if it weren't for this problem.

Bit perplexed by it. I'm wondering if I buy the deodorant stick and apply the juice on the top of that or mix it with the deodorant spray. It's a real shame about the performance of this fragrance as I'm very fond of the actual scent.

Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend buying unless you test it thoroughly and see how the longevity and projection is for you.

rolfii
rolfii

very soft projection for the first hour. after that 2-3 hours close to skin. where it's vanished. (batchcode 2013) this has Nothing to Do with Skin-chemistry. it was reformulated for Sure. asked ysl directly about it. they Don't answer... same with givenchys Play intense. whats up with Those Companies. i Won't Pay 50 bucks plus, when i can get better Projection with a Bruno banani. my tip: Keep your eyes up for older Baches.
very nice scent. wanted it for clubbing but for that the projection is too bad. could be worn to a romantic night out instand (10+ Sprays).

8.5/10 for the scent
- 3 for projection
- 1 highly overpriced for the concentration

= 4.5

horus11c
horus11c

YSL is very seductive and sensual in a subtle way. Everytime I wear it, I get a compliment.. Projection is good for the first three hours and silage is on par.

YSL has become one of my favorite fragrances due to its versatility. It could be worn at work and afterwards still would be great for happy hour. This is a must have if you enjoy fragrances. YSL will get the job done.

openingday
openingday

Smells great. But something about it reminds me of an old woman. The vanilla kind of gets masked by the powdery floral notes that project from my skin. Again, I like the smell, but it's not for me.

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

This was a recent blind buy for me, which i am extremely happy with. TLDR; very sensual, sophisticated, and seductive. great fragrance.

The opening comes across as predominantly lavender, cardamom and bergamot. It's hard to define at which point the heart and base notes hit you (at least to my amateur nose), as it is a gradual transition which blends almost seamlessly to provide one delightful aromatic journey.. that being said, several hours after applying the fragrance you do notice a slightly more masculine tone as the woody notes start to become more prominent. I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who genuinely dislikes this fragrance, as it is an unbelievably sensual, classy and seductive fragrance.

As the name suggests, primarily a night out fragrance - i.e dates, clubbing and so on. Could you get away with wearing this during the day? Yes.. but it was quite clearly not intended for that. Ever since acquiring this wonderful fragrance, it has cemented itself as one of my favourites. Highly recommend it!

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

La Nuit de l’Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

SUBJECTIVE

One of my favorite fragrances of all time, this timeless masterpiece is sweet, spicy and aromatic. This one really takes L’Homme to a whole new level of intensity and attitude. While L’Homme is much too safe (for better or for worse), La Nuit de L’Homme pushes the envelope in dark men’s fragrances. I am unconditionally supportive of its being labeled ‘Nuit’ (French for night), since it is much too seductive and potent for daytime use.

The first few hours entail a fresh yet heavy blast of cardamom, a note with which many of you may be unfamiliar, but is authentically portrayed in this bottle. Then as this fragrance dries down, a smooth harmony of lavender, bergamot and woods will grace everyone around you.

OBJECTIVE

This L’Homme derivative outshines all the others when it comes to performance. This cologne is the quintessential aromatic, airy fragrance. It is strong because it reaches everyone in the room and leaves a long trail, but does so in such an innocent way. Paradoxically, it smells heavy on the skin but light in the air. Such is the magic of the La Nuit de L’Homme’s performance. Furthermore, it projects all day with only three sprays around the neck. Be warned, this scent smells synthetic when applied to clothes. Also, avoid spraying in the heat, as its strength will easily work against you (bergamot in particular is pungent on sweaty skin). Moreover, this bottle, like all L’Homme bottles, is timeless, and looks beautiful in your collection unboxed.

IMPRESSION

The best Yves Saint Laurent cologne for its unique scent and performance, La Nuit de L’Homme is an aromatic masterpiece for the cool air. No other fragrance has blended cardamom, bergamot and lavender so finely, a combination that nicely balances sweet and spicy. It is, on the other hand, not as versatile as L’Homme, and should be reserved for occasions when you feel on top of your game.

PLAN

Whether an amateur or a fragrance guru, hunt this one down straight away. Make sure that you seek feedback from others, as this one smells better in the air (more fresh and aromatic) than on the skin (more spicy and concentrated). If you are a fragrance collector, go ahead and blind-buy this one, in which case shame on you for not having already smelled this jewel among its designer counterparts. ★★★★★

nitin13techie
nitin13techie

I came across this masterpiece in a fragrance shop where I sniffed most of the fragrances available. Undoubtedly, I found it best. Fresh, spicy and classy scent. My signature scent.

MonaThorbourne

I know I already posted a review on this GORGEOUS scent. But must tell everyone that out of ALL my fragrances, so far, this is the ONLY one I would purchase a second bottle. Love love love this sexy orgasmic scent.

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

Wow, Just wow. This fragrance just puts a huge smile on my face. I hope when I die and go to heaven a cloud of this fregrance surrounds my spirirt. I'm new to the whole frag sence lol but I have tried almost half of the designer fregrances at Sephoria and Macys, and this one is MILES ahead of all the other fragrences IMO. This sent is not at all "sexual" IMO. It just smells beautiful and inocent yet very masculine and mature. When God made all the beautiful fragrances he never said "THESE ONES ARE NIGHT ONLY!!!!" So I don't think twice about wearing this one whenever I feel like it.... I wear it during the day, durring the night, to work, to church. If the sent is as safe and as un-cloying as this one is, there is no point in over thinking it. This sent lasts forever and the sillage is very very above adverage. Also This fragrance is not femanine at all trust me. I'm a big 6'1" 220 pound blue collor working welder with man hands and I have no problem pulling this BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE of a fragrence off.
But please don't buy it because your crampin my style ;)

thief of hearts

I've found my current signature! Has everything Ive been looking for all in one. Happy when I apply this and makes me confident I smell great!

mfeezy
mfeezy

True story. I had a female friend smell this. Her nipples instantly got hard...

m1156943
m1156943

The best replacement for the glorious infamous dolce gabanna 'by' peeiod..."

fdelval
fdelval

I just don't get it, I love it on paper but I just can't love in on myself.
I could rate this one very high, yet I don't feel like wearing it, I don't feel confident with it, so I won't rate this one.

ohenebakDuah
ohenebakDuah

My best perfume so far...its soo sweet and im surprised some ppl dislike it...if urs doesnt last long or project then i think u bought a fake bottle period...its like saying ur 1 MILLION doesnt last long or project .....my favourite cologne for now.....its a must have in ur collection

Dufteren
Dufteren

Bought this for my husband, ohh it is just so good.
You better watch out for the women , when wearing this.

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

in three words "" sex in bottle ""
absolute masterpiece .

frenchwhore237

Not gonna carry water for some cologne that costs like 90$ and smells like sweet wood. I made the mistake of getting it. This doesn't smell "mysterious" or "sexy" it smells like an old woman. Want to smell like a man? go buy 5 polo frags for this price and actually get some action instead of wallowing around in some sweet musk while sneaking around the room like a creep.

J.Gilmore
J.Gilmore

Unique, long lasting, smooth and warm perfect for cold weather a must buy for ur collection!

Agatha.b
Agatha.b

I love this fragnance on man. The most sexy and elegant perfume ever. Excelent for night/date...during day can be too pushy. Definitely lady killer, 10/10.

chrisw
chrisw

Just a really appealing smell in a well presented bottle.
God knows why they chose Vincent cassell to portray this scent in the commercial like some kind of lady killer ??.
Guess it might give people with tucan noses an ego boost.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Received this one as a gift for Christmas.

Overall not a bad scent, La Nuit de L'Homme smells pleasant. You got the original DNA of L'Homme, except this one is fruitier-sweeter-darker.

But that's where it stops... As many reviewers noticed, including the one below, la Nuit's scent is very close to Axe Dark Temptation. I agree. From the opening to the drydown, La Nuit and Dark Temptation share stunning similarities: powdery, linear, vanillish and synthetic. Very close characters, with a major price gap. La Nuit has better longevity/sillage performances though.

To summarize, la Nuit de L'Homme is a good fragrance that smells really fine, but I wouldn't have bought it myself since it smells very cheap-synthetic for the price.

Ps. If you live in France as I do, I'd better warn you that this scent has got highly popular. Almost as common as One Million, Le Male, or Bleu de Chanel. It is a huge crowd pleaser that is widely recommended around here.

timkal69
timkal69

After trying to figure out what this reminded me of, it finally hit me, the opening is exactly the dry down you get from Axe's Dark Temptation... Not to say YSL La Nuit De L'homme smells cheap, its one of best fragrances around but definitely smells very similar to Axe's Dark Temptation dry down.

markrosedale
markrosedale

I prefer the original, this smells "sticky" or "fuller" if that makes sense. The original smells lighter and sweeter.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ What can you possibly say about a fragrance that has been "Over Hyped" from every angle? The one testimony to it's greatness is despite the myriads of reviews and recommendations it hasn't become a victim of it's own success. The opening of cardamom, bergamont and lavender are perfect for this Holiday season as is the powdery woody dry down for almost any cooler time of the year. It's not overly complex but it is almost like two scents (both a fresh and oriental) in the same bottle. So don't judge it too quickly if put off by the strong cardamom opening as it settles down quite smoothly with a hint of gourmand'ish sweetness that borders on unisex. Not as dark or manly as the name would suggest but a very sensual and intoxicating scent that's sure to please. ~

Scent ~ 8.5/10 Luv the Lavender note.
Sillage ~ 7/10 This score of seven is perfect for close quarters.
Longevity ~ 7/10 Just the right amount of life for a night on the town.

ropb2982
ropb2982

Now this is my 3rd wearing of this fragrance, i have taken my time with it. This opens with a blast of cardamom and this suits me just fine as i love cardamom. This gently gives way to some spicy/woody notes which i love, but therock star note is the beautiful vetivert note in base, its almost encre noir like vetivert. I generally get around 10 hours on my skin and the projection is average, but as i wear fragrances for my pleasure then thats fine with me. This is a masterpiece in the designer realm!!! 9/10 from me!!!!!!

cytherian
cytherian

I'd been holding off on writing a review on this as I needed more time to "figure it out." I got this fragrance nearly 2 months ago.

First, I really don't enjoy the start of La Nuit de l'Homme. In the initial blast, I get a very synthetic quality about it. But thankfully into the dry down this fades off. The bergamot, lavender and cedar blend is an interesting one. It is done so seamlessly that I find it hard to pick out the individual notes. It's just this unique aroma, very "fresh and clean" feeling with a spicy touch. I think it makes for a great day and night fragrance.

Longevity is OK on me... wish it would be longer. Sillage is "just enough" to make it a great office or date night fragrance. As of this writing, this frag has a 4.42 rating that surprises me a bit. It sure is popular! I'd give it more of a 4 out of 5. Very solid and decent stample fragrance for any man whose body chemistry works with it.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Possibly one of the most incredible fragrances ever to be smelt by a human being on the planet Earth. This is quite simply sex in a bottle. Magic potion. Lady killer on a leash, not a woman in the world today does not like this exquisite masterpiece!
No other fragrance has garnered such compliments so quickly both from male and female. 7+ compliments on a nightout is incredible. And I do mean the nuzzling/smooching into ones neck type ;)

Blown away. Just epic.

smoj
smoj

just amazing.

johannbale
johannbale

Smells elegant and very masculine and sexy.

longevity on my skin is about 12hrs.
sillage is moderate. this is not a strong one.
just let your wife get closer to you in 1 meter range, she will fly and hug you tightly. :)

Yaro
Yaro

This is my favourite YSL fragrance. Elegance.

aryo
aryo

Its similar to giordani man by oriflame. Same projection, same longevity.. i try on parfume shop, and i have giordani man.
The differences is on the base.
Try it.. its elegant

minus365
minus365

This is my favourite YSL fragrance. It's classy, bit sweet and spicey with touch of fruit, but everything well layered. I like the way it evolves with the time.

It has superb longevity and bit heavy sillage, so don't apply too much.
I don't think this is everyday fragrance, but definitely perfect choice for special occasions. Its romantic and sensual tones can make the moment to be a special one!

niro25
niro25

Reach for this in the Fall and Winter nights and you are set my friend. You'll project well and it will last. On my skin I get about 8-10 hours. I tend to wear this one for special romantic occasions. To my nose, this is a classier, more refined, toned down version of 1 Million or Spicebomb. It also smells like a cross between YSL L'Homme and Burberry Brit. Great stuff!

jude1321

An absolute masterpiece. I had so under rated this juice, after smelling it numerous times at Macy's and in airports. I just "didn't get it." well I get it now and want to tell you this might be the best bottle of cologne that I have ever had, a life of easily over 200 bottles. My current collection is around 35 bottles and this stuff is at the top of the list. I am not an expert in Niche perfumes I think they are too overpriced (except the legendary Creed lines), but YSL Nuit is as good a designer as I have smelled. It is highly mysterious and inoffensive, so not many will complain about it. I suggest going heavy, but not too heavy, on the trigger. This juice is sexy, dark, and mysterious but there is a fruit accord that is literally mouth watering. I absolutely love this stuff and would say this is easily the best YSl offering, and I am a huge fan of Kouros and Body Kouros. Do not be afraid to over apply, as 8 to 10 sprays is ok in my opinion. YSL Nuit is a gem!!!

cpa5oh
cpa5oh

Just got this one today. Spicy sweet - I think this is very similar to 1 Million, and even more similar to CK One Shock (which turns up the spice, down the sweet, and down the volume as compared to 1 Million.) It's good - I don't know that I need to own 1 Million, CK One Shock, and La Nuit.

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

I truly love this scent. It is smooth relaxed and sensual. A lot of scents are loud and aggressive. You want to get a woman's attention in a good way. Get this and you will not be disappointed.

OneRedRose
OneRedRose

I found it to be a suave, elegant, romantic scent... on the vanilla-ish sweet side... drydown reminds me just a little bit of Diesel's Only The Brave, but La Nuit De L'Homme is smoother and more alluring. A sort of sensual essence of spicy powdery Coca Cola-ish vibe with a sweetish smooth vanilla. Definitely a night cologne...will most definitely catch the attention of the ladies. :) But I sometimes find myself wearing it in the day as well, makes me feel relaxed and mellowy. Love the scent.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

درود
دوستش دارم وحشتناک!
اولش بوی هل با کمی ترشی به مشام میرسه ولی هل غالبه نیم ساعت بعد کم کم بوی ترش میره و جای خودشو به زیره و اسطوخودوس میده اما همچنان هل غالبه در نهایت هم بوی خس خس میاد و با هل ترکیب میشه فوق العاده مردنه
رو پوست من 9 ساعت میمومه پخش متوسظ
خوش باشید

Tpainter2
Tpainter2

Love, sex and magic. I borrowed that from Justin but its a perfect description of the fragrance.

MonaThorbourne

Soooooo, YES, I already posted a review of this orgasmic juice ... but I can't help it. I love this fragrance. It's mezmerizing and I am addicted. It melts my heart and makes me feel so good when I wear it, and I'm a woman. Absolutely LOVE this and only have 1/4 left in a bottle ... will DEFINATELY repurchase this beauty. Love love love <3

ma_ma
ma_ma

Sex in a bottle! elegant, unique, modern and classy! thank you YSL for this masterpiece.

edge42
edge42

Probably the most romantic scent in my entire collection, between this and Versace's Dreamer.

Women LOVE this fragrance, sure to bring compliments - it's one of my wife's absolute favorites on me!

As good as YSL's original L'Homme is, La Nuit de L'Homme is even better. Frozen is arguably even better yet. An impressive line-up from YSL.

Score: 8/10

genesis1501
genesis1501

Used my sample, didn't get to wear it at a night out unfortunately, but man I really love this fragrance.
It's a very safe, but pleasant scent imo.

Fresh fruity and creamy at the same time is what I get out of this.

Decent longevity, didn't count, but I guess it lasted about 9 hours on my skin. I'll update that soon.

drakecito
drakecito

Well, I have to admit that this smell so good.
Maybe too light and a little boring but is very well blended the lavander with spices and citrus.

Longevity and sillage are moderate.

To me is one of the best from YSL

scent: 7/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 6/10

UPDATE:
It seems that has been reformulated.
Do they have these massive consume cheap brands that want to go through luxury brands and get rich at the expense of misleading consumers, who buy anything just for the name.

francis1645
francis1645

Definitely my favorite cologne from the YSL line :)

Anon_gibs
Anon_gibs

La Nuit is puzzling for me. Not necessarily a good thing, i dont think. Ive worn it many times now and must say the jury is still out. It starts with a noxious blast of cedar and strong spice. Something in the "wet phase" of it causes me to sneeze quite violently. This is the ONLY frag to ever do so in the decades ive been collecting. It happens every time i spray it. Very odd.

Within minutes that sharp hardness fades to a soft, somewhat stem-greenish/florally/warm-spicy mens- body- soapy scent. Not a bad thing really if that is what you are in the market for. It remains fairly the same for the next 8 hrs. So there really isnt alot of development in the drydown.

I could safely recommend this for guys 25+. Def not for teens. It might be a good frag for close contact situations, but only after a couple of hours breathing time and possibly a stiff martini (or 2). I dont think of it as a business appropriate scent. Its just not the place for it. Def a date scent promising an overnight guest. Dinner, clubbing, nighttime, low humidity conditions would yield its best performance.

Always ENJOY! Remember it smells different on each of us!!! Ciao!!!

bkid142
bkid142

Have only tried this instore, on paper and skin.. its beautiful, to me it shows the colour purple.Hits sweet and spice follow, Its very neatly balanced and much suitable for late evenings / night with a suit and tie or cuddling up next to someone special.

Idlehands

on my skin this has to be reapplied like every two hours. sits too close to the skin. sad because I love it.

kellz1843
kellz1843

LNDLH is an excellent fragrance that is built around the structure of the original L'homme. In this case cardamom replaces ginger, lavender replaces violet leaf, and coumarin instead of tonka bean. These substitutions allow sweeter spice notes and a deeper floral presence. Cedar and vetiver are present in both for the needed spash of masculinity and element of cleanness. On my skin this has excellent sillage and lasts 10-12 hrs consistently and is easily detected, even by me. One spray to each side of my neck is all that is needed. What I enjoy about both is after they die down to skin scents, when you heat up just a little, the smell they project is beautiful. I do prefer the original L'homme to this because of its versatility. The former fragrance can be worn in any weather except for very hot days. This fragrance is for cooler days/nights IMHO and is more outright sexy than L'homme. I would say where L'homme is an attractive female that as you get to know her more she becomes extremely beautiful, LNDLH is that "I'm sexy and I know it" female that attracts you instantly. With either fragrance, you can't go wrong.

Oposai
Oposai

You cannot go wrong with a blind buy on this one. It is really sweet and strong. If you do not like sweet fragrances this is not for you, otherwise it is a good night smell. Very classy, proffessional, premium juice. It lasts on me two days, and the sillage is high, but it is different on everybody's skin. 9/10.

Krupp
Krupp

A thoroughly likeable and pleasant fragrance! A safe choice for business use and for formal occasions.

I would use it very often, if only silage stretched longer than 30 cm, and the duration was more than two hours. But I can not twist the desired improvements out of the flacon - it must be a matter of chemistry ... Just a shame.

drummerboy1986

this smells great with Hollister "Newport" body spray.

it gives it a fresher feel

thegreekone
thegreekone

I really like it
It reminds me of autumn and winter cold.Not very sweet or powdery but "bitter"and sharp.Love.

dda
dda

I like it, but in my opinion it is a kind of overrated

Layzie
Layzie

La Nuit de l'Homme has grown a bit more appealing to me. The first time I smelled it on paper, it was unremarkable. Since it had tons a good reviews, I tried it on my forearm. It still didn't entice me. The clerk told me to let it settle. When it began to change, I noticed this dark spice that lingered in my nose. I was still ambivalent to the scent, though. I let my friend sniff, and she enjoyed it. I asked strangers for their opinion, and they thought it was pretty good. Lavender, vetiver, caraway, and cardamom created this warm, chocolatey, and spicy ambiance around my arm. The more I let it sit, the more I wanted to smell it. I now see the beauty of this perfume.

tahir.majid.9
tahir.majid.9

Fresh and soft thumbs up

zaetown
zaetown

Man this juice is great. One of my best scents. I only wear it when I'm really dressed up, button shirt, suit and tie, it gets me noticed and complimented everytime. Its not always what u wear but how u wear it.

claytron
claytron

A soft, masculine scent that seems to please everyone. Spicey, woody and the right kind of floral. Smells very similar to L'Homme but a bit darker and spicier. Absolutely fantastic for nights. One of my best fragrances!
Longevity: 8 hours
Projection: 4 feet
Sillage: 3 hours
Go get ya some!

rodolfo
rodolfo

Excellent for cooler/colder nights! Projects well for about 5 hours and then becomes more subtle, but still present. Lasts 10 hours or more on skin, easily. It's a very sensual scent. Nothing feminine here.
The best part is that every single girl that comes close when I'm wearing it says that I smell so good!
Compliment getter, a favorite of the ladies!
2 sprays on the neck is enough for me.

Projection: 4/5
Scent: 4.5/5
Versatility: 3/5
Compliments: Yes.
Extreme Compliments: Hell yeah!

Overall: 4.5/5

Greg L
Greg L

It starts sweeter and spicy than the original (oriental touch). the drydown is so good and the unique spices and caraway really give it a subtle sweetness without being too cloying, Longevity ....disappointed me!the fragrance simply recedes into the background it fades very quickly, on my.

My advice.........test before buy it..!

Score
smell 3/5
Longevity 2/5
Sillage 2/5
overall 2/5 (a night scent for cold climates)

tarekh020
tarekh020

This is my romantic moments king . Very classy-elegant scent
It will shine when you stay with your love at candels light

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Just put the wall behind me~ Masterpieces

heehaw000
heehaw000

I like this, even though I think it's over-rated. That doesn't make it bad by any means, far from it. I think it's collection and bottle worthy and have no problem recommending it. But I don't think it's the best designer scent released in the past half century, like so many others seem to think.

This is an excellent Fall/Winter date night scent. The opening is really nice and projects well...but (unfortunately) quickly fades on my skin. The heart is also nice, but the projection subsides and it settles closer to the skin. The dry down is excellent....once this one develops in to a skin scent it is really nice and has great longevity.

Overall, it's a really nice scent and I'm glad that I own and wear it occasionally....but it's missing a little something. I've never received that "WOW!" reaction from others when wearing this that you'd expect from a fragrance that seems to receive such high praise.

iammyping
iammyping

I can't tell much more than: nice scent. Not too offensive. Some claimed this is a lady-charmer. Can't really see why... Sweety, fruity, definitely for Younger 'smellers'. Disappointing longetivity and sillage, overpriced.

mikkov26
mikkov26

Dior Homme was my favorite scent for years but a couple of years it has been this one. Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l'Homme is just a brilliant fragrance, I don't know any other scent which smells like this; 10/10.

katsuki_miml
katsuki_miml

TheJurisDoctor,

Mine is.

cologne guy 2010

this is my second review on the fragrance.
the opening of this scent is strong but after a few minutes it dries down into something quite beautiful. women love this scent. the projection on this scent is good and the longevty is really good;after 12 hours i can still (very faintly) smell this on my skin. this is my favorite scent that i own.

Jose Marcos

I have a 2012 200ml bottle and it seems that La Nuit interfers with other scent up to two days later making the new scent even appear different and better with YSL beneath it. No wonder so many frags out there smell a little like La Nuit, lavender and cardamon are everywhere nowadays.

Yasir Shahbaz

I applied it a few days ago, after a very loooong time.
it felt as if i was re-living this fragrance. I felt joyous while smelling it on my self, felt confident and awesome. to my surprise, the fragrance started talking to me.
"Hey man! u ve not done the justice"
the reason!!!!
my prev review really graded it a good scent, however after applying it again, i thought i should write what this fragrance deserves.
-- This scent creates joy just b a simple spray. i do not need it to settle down to live its refreshing notes. as soon as it hits the skin, it starts to work its magic.
-- I do agree that people wear a scent to get compliments, to get noticed, and to get a nice stature in friends and close community;i do the same, yet.... while i apply this, i do not have to think what people would think of me, i already know that... that they would say i smell awesome, and yet another fact to add, i really really feel out of the world as it hits my nose
-- it's an amazing night wear, with a scent that projects an image of a man, who is mysterious within himself yet invites ignition. who is reserve so far by appearance but lets the scent do the talking for him.
-- wearing this, i would imagine myself on a candle light dinner, wearing a three piece, sitting with my wife, in a vintage and classy decorated interior, and letting the scent invite the passion
-- I believe it's not a scent for club, yet one must wear it with whom he feels close.

From last two reviews, i am just a little apprehensive that it might not have been formulated. well yes! if you have the original, it works great. and if you don't have one, just get one, and you won't regret it

petranfx

i like but i think tha its reminds that the fragrance companies use few and cheap materials.The fragrance industry give to us cheap fragrances to make more profit

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

Awesome, classy and safe. I can't think about anybody who dislikes this cologne.

GMK
GMK

I am a huge fan this prestigeous house which has created Masterpieces in men perfumery i.e. Kouros, Rive Gausche , Live Jazz and so on ......... but it seems Loreal is trying to level it with hugo boss and ck thats why this kind of generic and run of the mill fragrances are being created...........nuff said

Jiggaman6971
Jiggaman6971

la nuit de lhomme is a beast!! However 4 sprays will NOT get the job done. So for those that complain about the projection or longevity,,, get like me and spend $100 on the 6.7oz and go nutz on the trigger!!!! At first I had the 1.7oz an only applied 4 sprays. Two neck and each wrist. Smelled great but didnt project and garner the compliments I was looking for. But it was okay bc my fiancé loves it and could easily smell it when she was close to me. Cuddling, hugging etc. But I wanted more. So when it was time to re-up, I purchased the Man size 6.7 bottle!! And the first use I went HAM (hard as a motherf@cker) 12 sprays!! All over my skin and a few on my shirt. And BAM,,,, the compliments started rolling in. The first time was this cute bartender,, Jill. Her exact words from inside the bar (a good 4-6 feet away) were, "omg what kind of cologne are you wearing? (I answered) Wow that smells really good like yummy,, mmmm!" In my head I was like "wow!! She can smell me from that far away?!?"
So,, yeah guys. This is a must have!! Just gotta lay it on thick. Don't worry, it won't be cloying. Especially if its night time winter weather. (I wouldn't wear this in the daytime) Also,, make sure you moisturizer your skin with a unscented lotion or something. You WILL get 2-3 hours of monster projection, about 2-3 hours of good projection, and the rest will be huggin distance projection. It will be on your shirt the next morning as well. Solid performer!!!

Vitorugo
Vitorugo

One of the best night scents out there! The smell it's amazing and gets much compliments, but only from who are close to you, because de projections is below average on me. If you're the guy that don't like clubbing, that's the night scent made for you. The smell is a like a L'homme toned down. Start with a soft lavanda mixed with a strong cardomom that stays until the end. The base it's a vanilla mixed with tonka, bringing a cream smell, close to the base of Dior homme reformulated.

Smell: 4/5
Longevity: 4/5 (8hs - 10hs)
Projection: 3/5
Versatility: 3/5 (a night scent that can be used all year around)
Overall: 14/20 (Amazing scent!)

crusz20
crusz20

I love this perfume but it just doesn't last on my skin. I'd be lucky to get 1 1/2 hrs out of it. Now this isn't indicative of the perfume, because in frustration I gave my bottle to a mate and it lasts for ages on him.
Love the dry down, and the softness that doesn't overpower..

bonacosta30

Night out! That is what La nuit de l'homme is made for! So far, this is my favorite smell. I used it for clubbing, diner, romantic purpose and any evening occasion. Smell great, receive a lot of compliment and i find it kind of dark, not the usual fragrance that smell clean. As i said before, a weapon of mass seduction with women. Boost my confident while wearing it and i feel like i need to chase after girl :p A single man smell, i would said 25 yr and over. When it come to longevity and projection factor, im a little bit disapointed. It last for 5 hours and project about arm length. Could have ben close to perfection if the longevity and projection were a little bit better. I think it is ok to wearit at night all year around, from summer to winter, because it is not that strong (comparing to 1 million, it might seem weak for and evening scent). As for the EDP, i used to believe that it would be that artifact that i was looking for, but it is, in fact, a huge disappointement because it doesn t smell the same at all, only the base are similar and it project less. Here with the score:

Smell: 10/10. So far, the best scent i know. Great job YSL!
Longevity: 3,5/5. Last for about 5 hours, a bit weak.
Projection: 3,5/5. Maximum arm lenght, would have be the perfect night fragrance if the projection and the longevity were better.
Versatility: 3,5/5. Can be wear all year around for me, but please, not a day scent! I feel like i would be trying to much putting that for work, keep it as your night secret weapon ;)
Overall: 20,5/25. A great night fragrance! They should sell it with a stick to fight woman off of you :p

farzane1998
farzane1998

lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Naqash
Naqash

Blind bought it a hour ago and came back home so I will not be telling you about the longevity and projection because I also dont know about that right now just want to tell you how it smells like and for what age it is suitable. I am 21 year old guy from Pakistan. If you are from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I wont recommend you to buy it because it smells like a market where people sell spices, bouquets, and ittars and It dosn't bring a good image to my mind. (This cologne smells like an Ittar too). Just imaging your self in that market how it smells or how people smells like in Taraweeh. This cologne smells exactly 10/10 like that. Well I blind bought this did'nt tested it before buying because I was so confident about it becuase of the reviews on youtube and on online forums. Its not worst but not the best or you can say what I expected, still wearable. It smells like a sour rotten apricot but in a good way after a hour. May be I did'n liked it because I like aquatic/summer fragrances alot because of the hot weather here. Recommended age for it IMO 25+. I tested JPG's Le Male there but rejected that because it is very common. I have smelled that on over a 100 people in different places and on different occasions but I just did'nt knew Its called Le Male. Will post about YSL La Nuit de l'Homme projection and longevity after I try it in a few days.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Oriental and sweet, burst of pepper and bergamot. Opening lasts a good 10 minutes. Opening does have a sharp pepper note that at times masks over all.

Dry down: Base of Vanilla, powder and musk. A very sensual infusion of the three. Becomes very sweet on the dry. Powder is dark and mucky towards end of life.

Projection: The projection is very high, and will draw in many compliments. Very LOUD!

Longevity: 4 to 6 hours.

Overall: This is a very sensual cologne that appeals to most woman " or Men". The powdered base is sweet and carries a "play-dough" note on top that last very well in the cold weather. If you are looking for a night out fragrance this is for you.

Purchase: YES

lalrema7
lalrema7

I just got it yesterday from online. This is the bomb.
The scent is so sophisticated. Though longetivity is like 4hours. But the smell is just Awesome. This is the BEAST. Recomemded for all collectors.it is a Must.enjoy the smell

alexlati
alexlati

i bought this about a month ago, when ever i wear it i just end up sniffing myself throughout the day

Valfar
Valfar

It is impossible not to like this one! This is a true masterpiece. Not too sweet, not too soft, not too simple. It is perfect! This is anything you want in a fragrance. Compliment factor with this one is really good. Arm-lenght projection for 3-4 hours and longevity 12 hours. This one is not really for clubbing and stuff. But for a simple night out at a bar for a drink, or a romantic date, this is perfect.

attajigar
attajigar

یکی از بد ترین عطر ها نسبت به قیمتش ن چند بار در ظرف چند سال این عطر رو بو کردم اما چیزی نفهمیدم ماندگاری کو پخش بو ضعیف

cologne guy 2010

love it. cant stop smelling myself

Tricky2beat
Tricky2beat

Works for dates ;)

NBguy58
NBguy58

I had really high expectations from this one but after buying it I'm a little bit disappointed. It starts off very spicy because of the cardamom note and later on it turns into a sweet kind of gourmand scent. But I don't like at all that cedar note. To me it smells like something really dated something an old man would wear. It almost reminds me the smell of mothballs. But other than that it's a very nice fragrance. I only wear this at night since I don't seem to enjoy it that much during the day. Also the scent is really seductive. Projection and longevity are great on this one so be careful with the trigger. You definitely need to try it out before you buy.

reddishmango
reddishmango

To me i think L'Homme is the better choice. This has been hyped sooo much to the point that when i finally smelled it i was very disappointed. L'Homme though is saver i feel smelles better

effect18
effect18

My girl thinks this smells like dust(what does that mean?), so I didn't buy it. But I'm gonna go back and get it. I love the way it smells...I think it'll grow on her.

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

This perfume, worn by the man I love...is horniness in a bottle!!!!! LOVE IT SO SO SO SO much!!!

jude1321

This juice rocks. I have changed my mind on this stuff completely. I smelled it in a duty free shop and didn't like it. I then smelled it at Macy's and an hour later I was in complete love with it. A must have and easily the best YSL offering in some time. This juice works great for the night out with the lady friend. She's gonna love this juice. Sexy, sexy, sexy - and solid longevity. Highly recommended.

herreroph
herreroph

In my opinion, nothing special with this one.
I prefer Kouros 10 -1

harpist
harpist

Initially I get a strong waft of cardamom and some warm spices- almost overwhelming in the first minute but then it settles down to something rather powdery. Oddly I agree, I too get some sweet bubble gum scent that is balanced in spices. I can see how this is an appealing and darker scent to some but honestly I enjoyed the original L'Homme SO much more perhaps because I would wear it myself even haha. I love the spicy woody floral character that one has- La Nuit is just too much like gum of feminine quality. If this was darker with an incense or woody smell I would probably enjoy it more, so perhaps I will try layering? This however I think is suitable for casual evening wear. It is more on the inoffensive and discreet side despite the good quality.
What concerns me is that it has moderate silage and then completely a skin scent in the next half hour- perhaps more sprays are needed to be conclusive but this one doesn't last on me at all after two chances. This is third in place after second prize Libre and the original L'Homme that I love most.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Smells purple, powdery, and overly floral. THIS is supposed to be a "dark" and "spicy" men's scent...? I think not. If you're metro and don't mind feminine scents, give this a try, it's quality juice with good sillage/longevity but just not for me.

amirabbas
amirabbas

This fragrance is one of the most popular scent but after testing it I didn't like it at all. there is something in it that I hate. on my skin it has a scent that reminds me the scent of bubble gum.
by the way It's very smooth and not to be offensive. the sillage was average on my skin and longevity was very good. I tested EDP and it remained on my skin for more than 9 hours. I can feel it on the hairs of my hand even after 20 hours.

از این عطر خیلی تعریف میشه و برای همین رفتم تستش کردم. اصلا دوستش نداشتم. یه بویی توش هست که منو یاد آدامس بادکنکی می ندازه. اون بوی شیکی که ازش انتظار داشتم رو نداشت.
با این حال خیلی بوی نرم و غیر مهاجمی داشت و خیلی دوستانه بود. من نسخه پرفیومش رو تست کردم و تا 9 ساعت بوش پخش می شد و حتی بعد از 20 ساعت هم میتونم بوی خفیفش رو روی موهای دستم حس کنم

MsDana
MsDana

One of my favorite male colognes by far, I love woodsy scents especially on guys, this is a great scent.

Centerfill
Centerfill

Powdery wine with cloves, very comforting scent. Not a thing of what notes and reviews make you expect. It smells so 80's and a bit feminine... Lacks in longevity and projection on my skin. Try before buy.

warlockss

this stuff smells amazing , its so addictive ive already used up 200ml of this and on my way to my 3rd bottle .

ariel_219
ariel_219

Where's the cardamom? I don't smell it. Such a bad experience with this one, I love the openning then it's just the same and more of the same... In my skin the longevity is so poor :(

Bodda89
Bodda89

this is a fragrance i adore it's very well done very well balanced my first experience with cardamom was Declaration de Cartier which in fact i hated it was like cardamomy cardamom which wasn't for me but this presents cardamom very well so if you hate cardamom you should try this one it reintroduces cardamom in a new black sexy suite

dame piglet
dame piglet

I love this so much that I bought it for my husband today. I paid full price. THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS!

WARNING:
Do not wear this to church.
Do not wear this around your mother, your grandma, sisters... You get my point.

Spicy masculinity tempered with just enough sweetness to make it warm and sensual.
Excellent for an evening out but PLEASE DO NOT OVERSPRAY!

My husband likes it too and I have a feeling he's going to like it even more this evening. *wink wink*

Jose Marcos

I would go easely with La Nuit, the cologne and Le Parfum are very good options, too. I find LIDGE very sweet and as I live in hot weather it just sits on the shelf. La Nuit on the contrary is an amazing fragrance, speacially for those who like lavender.

shayan

This one or L'Instant De Guerlain EXTREME? I've asked thesame question in that page too. Any Idea?
Thanks in advance

jht4060
jht4060

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme is an elegant and rich cardamom spicy scent presented in a beautiful heavy bottle. It opens with a light bergamot and lavender in a completely traditional male cologne manner, but even the top is already suffused with cardamom. The long-lasting middle is a gorgeous slightly sweet cardamom blend, enriched by a lingering lavender herbal note, a touch of cumin, and woody notes. The cardamom eventually fades into a base of cedar and vetiver that blends nicely with the spicy middle. Some reviewers mention a vanilla that I don't detect.

I would call La Nuit de L'Homme a spicy scent rather than a gourmand, though it is subtly sweet and cardamom is rarely so dominant in spicy perfumes. The middle is soft and seductive, rich and mysterious, and completely unisex. I love the scent and I don't know of anything else that smells like it. A good cool weather scent and a good choice for a first date - my experience is that most women don't want you to smell "manly" (sharp, herbal, sweaty, woody), they want you to smell like a woman but less floral-fruity. Well, maybe that is just the women I know...

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

Sweet, dark and mysterious.

very exotic smell due to the cardamom. detect a lot of vanilla too!

great woody dry down, long lasting and projects!

One of the best colognes for any night, just use less for summer,
Great cold weather frag!

Is a definite lady killer due to its sweetness. Will suit a guy who is looking to entertain female company.

Don't overdo this Frag, 4 -5 sprays. enough for a night out.
will smell it next day

afihs13
afihs13

Its warm, comforting and a little bit sexy..
With moderate sillage and good longevity, I think its worth to buy..

Wear this at night when the weather is cold..
Prepare for a big hug from your women..
The rest is up to you ;)

lovetribe
lovetribe

provato oggi....molto strano....non mi fa impazzire.....ma ha diverse sfaccettature.....mi prometto di riprovarlo in inverno.

petranfx

Its a decent very nice smell a little feminine in my eyes.I wear this today and the versace lhomme the old one,and finally understand that if you want a manly fragrance look up for somethink more older and complex.I know that la nuit dlhomme its a very good scent but it doesnt have the masculinity the sensual intensity of versace lhomme.I am teen and i have wear a lot of new fragrances i think that know it is the time to wear somethink with more character.In our years of cheap fragrance industry, and cheap fragrances ingredients its very difficult to be unique with a masuline personality.Look the top the middle and the basenote of a older and a more new fragrance,than you will see that the older have 20 ingredients and the new 5 to 6.

giangio
giangio

Try Zara Homme Cedarwood.
15 euro for the same fragrance of YSL.
Try!!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

House of YSL did it again, La Nuit de I'Homme is dark mystical frag which is down right SEXY !!!!!!.
If you like I'Homme as a summer frag, you'll love La Nuit de I'Homme during the winter days when the frag reacts to your body temp !!!!
Both Frags are both high quality, the only two notes that are in both is bergamot and vetiver which makes it amazing !!!.
La Nuit de I' Homme notes of Cardamom and Caraway gives this frag a unique woodsy/spicy blend....very masculine, and I find a lot more women buying men's frag's so you know it's EXCELENT !!!!
Lavender add to the aroma making it very good yet it's not harsh or heavy. Bergamot also gives it a light citrus note that you just detect.
Longevity is beyond 8 hour's..
Sillage is also excellent.
My overall opinion... On those cold winter days when you and someone else want to warm up your evening, spray some on couple of hour's earlier and you can finish the rest of this line....
YSL....you rule 10/10......PERFECTION

Bartek87
Bartek87

I can say only this: MASTERPIECE!

Longevity 8/10
Projection 8/10

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This cologne is a lady killer. It has the same DNA as the original L'Homme, but this is deeper, sweeter, and in my opinion the ginger is a bit toned down because of the sweetness. It's better suited for the cooler weather and night-time, but you can definitely pull this off on a cooler summer night. I love this stuff, so you should definitely get your hands on this.

Projection: 10/10
Overall Smell: 10/10

hogan00
hogan00

lots of folks like this one, but i cant seem to enjoy it. i have tested it out a few times, and all i get is a powdery pine tree smell. not impressed.

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

My current signature scent for the colder months! This stuff is amazing.

It's beautiful, sexy, gourmand, masculine and you get a warm spicy blast of cardamon and also a bit of cinnamon…

It lasts a long time and projects great. All without ever being overpowering.

It's sort of popular but I don't think I'll ever run into someone else wearing it (you be the judge of that for yourself, based on where you live/who you hang out with) and it's best suited for cool/cold weather, night time, out and about, partying, clubbing or on a date or romantic setting.

I'd probably wear this on a summer night too just very light on the trigger ;)

Smell 4/4
Longevity 2/2
Projection 2/2
Versatility 1.5/2

TOTAL 9.5/10

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

no doubt YSL la nuit de lhomme is a pleasant scent,but I believe that it lacks that main touch or a note or that something to have the character of a top class...

it is smooth and soft thus make it a romantic wear..Projection and longevity are ok,again not perfect..i wish the edp version was good enough to fill in those blanks,but no...

unlike in many other brands I like this edt better than its edp version...
I have both and I think edt is more sweeter and warm ,where as the edp offers deeper ,more spicy,colder scent..no great change also in longevity
because it still keeps the sweetness and feels warmer...

So I can say if u want to have 'the night of the man' definitely pick this edt version...

kaizer121

Definitely the best of the YSL house's L'Homme line. This, along with Body Kouros, M7 Oud Absolu and Rive gauche (and Kouros if that's your thing) are the best offerings from the YSL house, and this is the only one available very widely. It's very sweet, smooth and rich but not in a gourmand type way like New Haarlem. It's a very versatile night fragrance, and I think you could wear this at night in any season, and I also think it's viable as a day fragrance in the Fall and Winter. Projection is average, longevity is slightly above average. Overall, a great offering from YSL. 4/5

Idlehands

A head turner. When I first smelled this one I was obsessed and had to have it. Its really something special. Apparently EVERYONE wears it. But you know what? They should. You will smell better, classier and much more interesting than the guy standing next to you wearing Aqua Di Gio for sure. This stuff is class.

jesslockz
jesslockz

This perfume is somehow really nice & sensual. I love it and want it. Totally one of my favorites for now.

Jose Marcos

What a comfy scent, the combination of lavender and cardomon is very soothing, calm and relaxed, but somehow it is intended for night out sex hunting males. well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so who knows what?. Funny though I liked it more in the paper strip tester and I am aware the paper itself gave some to the scent. That's why I am thinking of layering LN with Burberry Brit for men people says smells of paper/cardboard.
I don't get any citrus at all, only lavender and cardamon almost like pastry, sweet but not cloying and after a while the vetiver cedar base can be sensed but just as a support for the middle and top notes, but they are there, specially vetiver. The sprayer is very good and gives off a generous cloud of the most wonderful lavender since Caron pour un Homme.One or two sprays can be fine for day and/or hot weather. I love it.

raj.adonis
raj.adonis

It is an okay perfume. Something is lacking and I can't quite point out what. Sillage and longevity are very acceptable. It draws attention of opposite sex and lots of girls compliment me but that's about it.

justinxbailey
justinxbailey

This bad boy is made for the night as it's name applies. Cool nights is best. I get great longevity, somewhere around 8-10 hrs. Sillage is beast compared to the original L'homme. It smells alluring and sexy.. sweet yet spicy, and dark.. in a good way. The drydown is very nice that settles into a vanilla like powdery sweetness. I'd say be easy and moderate with it's application. I could still smell it emanating off my skin after many hours. Definitely a unique smell that'll leave it's mark in someones memory.

benpaul12

My dad wore this the other night and it's warmth and nostalgia surprised me.

It smelt beautiful and of modern masculinity. Wonderful.

Bkelk
Bkelk

The initial spray had me wondering what decade I was in - very's 1980's smelling at first. The drydown is soft and powdery with a mix of green herbal-ness. As the fragrance dries down you you quickly lose the coriander scent that makes this fragrance unique. There's a very sweet powdery lavender scent that reminds me a little of Dolce & Gabbana's "The One". This is definitely a mature evening fragrance. I like it, but I wouldn't buy a whole bottle of it.

hornetz
hornetz

This one oozes sexiness all the way through. The combination of cardamom, vetiver, vanilla and Tonka bean makes it a sweet spicy fragrance that women love. This one needs only a few sprays to do the trick any more and it becomes cloying. My Signature for colder months, an Elegant classy fragrance, perfect for romantic moments.

Jose Marcos

I have been vey curious about La nuit because I think lavender and cardamon would smell really nice, but all the sexy/pantydropper/lust smell vibe, like Le Male, perhaps?, always kept me a little off. Then finally I gave it a try and I was so pleased with La Nuit I ordered it, le Parfum and the Frozen Cologne almost at once. for me it is delicious lavender scent, not much of macho lavender, but it borders baby like powedered scent. I had two papper strips with original and Cologne, of course the later dissapeared with no time at all, but the original been sitting on my desk at home since last Tuesday and I still get this lovely not so sweet scent in thte air. Sexy, no please. And I am not a Brit, no harm intended. Defenetely a strong fragrance, and also I think it doesn't have much of a time or season. It is all down to the amount one applies. Good for the office, even.

malik2011
malik2011

IN one word *ask the women about it**_**MAGNET* is not it?

gashdown
gashdown

He rolls out of bed, grabs the towel on the floor and wraps it around his waist. He walks to the bathroom, looks at himself in the mirror "I can shave tomorrow", smells his left armpit "but I should shower before I leave". He fixes himself a macchiato from that fancy espresso machine. He despises people who say "expresso". He cannot stand people who cannot qualify wine passed "red" or "white" he thinks as he empties last night's pinotage down the drain. He's woken up a few fruit flies, he grunts as he washes the alcohol down with water. He has a bit of a headache. He's glad last night's girl didn't try to spend the morning, but rather grabbed her things and left in the middle of the night. That's one of her main qualities. That, and her tits, of course. She gets that he doesn't want any ties at the moment. He did the whole relationship thing before, once or twice. It lasted a few years. But that was a few years back, when he was an undergraduate. It feels like he was another man then. No, he was a boy back then. Now, he's a man. At least that's what he likes to think. "Hrm, milk went sour...it'll have to be an Americano then." He walks to the living room, puts his cup of coffee on the table, sits on his black leather couch. He grabs his iPad from under a copy of the New Yorker - "do I find it classy or just downright annoying that they always use italics and French spelling when there's an English word of French origin? Who cares really, I don't even really read the damn thing..." - He has a quick look at his accounts. In the red. He should try to live according to his income, but he can't. Worst case scenario, dad will bail him out. He always does. He's lucky he's an only son, from a rather wealthy family. He spent 6 years studying American literature, then philosophy and finally psychology. The last one was his favourite. He learned how to be even more manipulative and lazy. And the classes were filled with half-crazy nymphets with daddy issues. As long as you pretend to listen to them, it's quite easy to get them naked. As he drinks the last drop of coffee, he gets up and finally takes a shower. "Maybe I should go back to the gym" he ponders as he scrubs his early-stage beer belly with a luffa. He dries himself with the towel he was previously wearing. "Maybe I should write my memoirs" he thinks as he reaches for the bottle of La Nuit de l'Homme next to the sink.

Yasir Shahbaz

I got noticed many a times while wearing it. this frag speaks for itself. A fine blend indeed. Mysterious and black with romance. silage was moderate however it lasted quite long. Right choice for winters and night; wont fit with hot temperatures

kazewayz
kazewayz

Great for clubbing and if you want to be noticed. Lasts a long time. Projects great. Floral, fruity, sexy, masculine, spicy. Not for older man, this is maybe 25-40 range. Is not a macho macho fragrance. Is a romantic scent, compliment getter. Worth a try.

asta.ksivickaite
asta.ksivickaite

i love this smell on my man.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I smelled this on a strip and it smelled VERY nice..just got mine today and couldn't wait to spray it on after hitting the shower after a long day..sad to say I'm NOT overly impressed..the smell gets better with the dry down..but it doesn't seem to project as much as I would expect from YSL..seems very close to my skin..hopefully it will grow on me..but I believe Dior Homme Intense is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better..and to be honest I enjoy wearing my other scents over this..very boring vibe.

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

love this stuff.

great for fall/winter however you can pull this off on a night time occasion/date night in the summer IF its a cool night(50-60)

i love it, it gives pretty good projection, and it smells delicious.. it IS a little boozy and im not a HUGE fan of boozy.. however this blends perfect. its probly one of the best designer colognes on the market.

highly recommend this if your over 18

Warmly spicy and sweet. The lavender melds well with everything else. It's a nice fragrance if not groundbreaking. You'll get compliments and won't offend anyone. To me, it's just too typically masculine and a bit boring.

eddie.gallardo
eddie.gallardo

Sexiest smell out til this day!!!! Love it!

drummerdude7318
drummerdude7318

I was wearing this one day, and my friend said "dude, you smell like sex. just throwing that out there."

I think that's all that needs to be said

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

MMMMM, this is what a man should smell like. So rich, so sexy, so manly. Whenever I go to the department store, I spray this on myself and continuously smell my wrist all the way home. Delicious!

kuba

It smells like a PILAU because it is too spicey.i had it once it was out for promotion in london,to be honest i didnt like it.may be it is suitable to aging persons i.e 40+

browne54
browne54

Downright seductive and intoxicating. As the name suggests only wear this fragrance at night. It works better and is more appreciated on cold nights but if one is easy on the trigger it can be pulled off on a breezy summer night. I am not a fan of the original l'Homme and this one only harbors I would say a skeleton of it. It is its own. It has been described as a fragrance of contradictions, absolute right. Cardamom vs lavender. Bergamont vs vetiver and cedar. Gives off a very rich vibe. An absolute lady KILLER. Have never received more compliments from the opposite sex on any other fragrance. Another wonderful fragrance, designed for a gentleman from the YSL house.

Marciu
Marciu

At first, I fell in love with EDP version. Now I find EDT much, much better.

Generally, this fragrance reminds me of hot wine with big amount of cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. It warms me in cold days, however it's also good in warm weather. It is definitely the heaviest one from "L'Homme" line, but it's not a typical gourmand scent(I mean EDT is not, but EDP IS a gourmand). Longevity is at least 8 hours on me with a big projection. And I get compliments while wearing this one.

Generally, like it.

ISmellAwesome!
ISmellAwesome!

I bought the small bottle almost two years ago and I still haven't finished it. It's mainly a night time or evening cologne. Smells too "powdery" for my taste. Smells like a spicy powder, I really have to be in the mood to wear this. Will not buy this again.

vonzigdarke
vonzigdarke

Own your own winter night. This is amazing. The win is showering, spraying and then activity that induces a slight sweat before you leave home. Jump on the treadmill-stand next to the hot shower for a few and La Nuit sings like a baritone Mockingbat. This is a 30+ scent IMO-any younger and you might as well wear a t-shirt with stencil print proclaiming: Super Cougar Hunter, giving away your tactical advantage. Warning: Spray this in your vehicle on your way out and it stays for one week; which is not a bad thing unless you like to rotate. Peace.
Von.

dancinleroy

You might really dig this one if you're into le male and terre d'hermes.. Its a bit darker and more of a sensual subtle smell than those but in the ballpark of the sweet and spicy combo. Give it a try... myperfumesamples.com will send you a decanted sample thats good for a week or two of testing it.

Mirza
Mirza

I really want to do a blind buy with this one ,but i'm a little bit afraid with the smell ...so far my signature scent is like a dior fahrenheit ,jpg le male ,terre d' hermes ,prada amber (pour homme) as you have seen that's my signature ,so i may ask 'is it really well for me ?' thanks a lot fragrantica :)

dancinleroy

Smells good. I tested it today but since we are approaching spring, decided not to buy it since it is a heavy winter/fall smell. I will however, be purchasing this in september. It bursts out of the bottle with a strong herbal/sweetness which kind of made me think it's heavily copied in other fragrances. The drydown was the selling point for me though, which gets quite spicy, but very smooth at the same time. It lasted a good while on my hand so I know it's durable for winter. It reminded of a stronger Armani Code in the base. They are definitely in the same class of fragrances so if you like that, and resent the subtlety of it, you'll love this. Try before you buy it because I was expecting something COMPLETELY different based on the notes given. Also, this is probably the highest Like/Love to dislike ratio I've seen with the most amount of votes. That alone tells me it's worthy of any collection. Still, for people who hate sweet/spicy frags, you'd better try it

Edit: So I gave in and bought it today. I love it. It's just the spicy/sweetness that I like and will draw tons of compliments. I will be rocking this all spring long but not in weather that exceeds 70 degrees. It's too heavy for hot weather.

elisnewthing
elisnewthing

this is up there with one of my night out kings,pure mallt and DHI(vintige)
thos 3 round out my clubbing sents its the only one ill where on hotter summer night out
i just wish it lasted and projected off my snkin like i get with the other 2

jestech
jestech

As of now....this is my absolute favorite cold weather cologne. There's not much more I can say that hasn't already been said.

Lucbyrnes
Lucbyrnes

For me, this is the end of the line as far as frags go. It's as close to perfection as Ive ever experienced. Take a bow.

Sparta123
Sparta123

Reminds me of Axe Instinct Body Spray...

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

i heard of some guy using the term "Orgasm in a Bottle" with another cologne. For me after smelling this on sample paper at macy's today, i understood what he was saying. THIS is Orgasm put in a bottle. i want this definitely, and im thinking about this as my signature scent.

What is the day version of this? Is it YSL L'homme?

Firmansyah

Fragrance is all about taste.
Very subjective.

Listen your nose.
For me, all perfume is good if you feel happy and confident.

La nuit, this juice complete me.
Many thanx, YSL.

Firmansyah

CEO, Maseratti Quattroporte, YSL La Nuit.
Perfect match.

For me, its superb in every way.
Scent: Luxurious, unique, sensual, and comfortable..
Fresh and sweet. But still manly.
Good projection on my skin, normal longevity (I get 5-7 hours).
Compliment factor is very high. Chick magnet absolutely.
My girlfriend loves this scent on me.
All season frag. Spray lightly on hot summer day.

MASTERPIECE from Yves Saint Laurent.

Perfect for my signature scent.

Aminek
Aminek

To day one beautiful girl , she did come to me : '' please give me the name of your parfume ? ''

I think it's the best answer for his quality !

bonacosta30

One of the best ODT that I've been into. A weapon of mass seduction with women! Believe me, wearing this at night in the club is dangerous ;)

pronose
pronose

common scent and cheap!!!! a true mass product for mass sales! rubbish scent as well.

lolpatto
lolpatto

I was sitting next to my friend in the car wearing this and he suggested it smelt like the chocolate Axe/Lynx body spray.
Keep in mind this was 10 minutes after applying this, and I can see where he is coming from. But this scent evolves into something much more lovely than Axe body spray. The dry down is on another level.

Signature Winter scent.

petranfx

I am 17 can i wear this in the summer and spring nights, or this fragrance is only for the winter.Is this good for me and my age?

asheble93
asheble93

We met on a trip to my local fragrance shop...

Pulling out a list of specific fragrances and receiving a look somewhere in between defeat and surprise from the third salesgirl to approach me and ask with a ravenous grin "are you buying for yourself or a gift?"; I slowly made my way around the shelves trying on what was in stock.

After about 30 minutes of testing the latest version of this, that, and the other, everything seemed to blend in; and for a minute seemed to smell EXACTLY alike. I was lost in a homogeneous cloud of overpriced and conforming smell. Downtrodden, one wrist screaming out "Le male", the other a freak blend: gently whispering, "Dior homme, L'homme libre, etc." I was about to leave when something told me to try one more.

I reached out to La Nuit and was FOUND.
It was spicy, fresh, sweet, and sharp. It filled me with a revitalized sense of distinction and drew me away from the static of what desperately clung to my arms and test strips.

For a split moment, I froze. Everything held still.

I can only liken it to seeing a woman of great beauty and eloquence; you skip a beat and pause in order to appreciate such rarity.

Does this encounter mean La Nuit is God's gift to fragrances? No. It does however mean to me, and hopefully others; that La Nuit is something engaging, something to be appreciated not overlooked, and something refreshingly unique.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

This fragrance is GUARANTEED to garner compliments and attention..Extremely seductive and engaging!! The scent is smoky, smells a tiny bit of clay, and fresh dry powder.. Truly a fragrance of the night for the nocturnal at heart.

chino4380
chino4380

My main scent! I love this juice and so does everyone around me. Must buy!

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Great scent. Sexy, interesting, and alluring. The only complaint I have with this scen t is longevity and sillage. First hour or two is decent but falls off sharply after that. (on my skin at least) It looses that interesting top note that really tickles your nose, and the powdery notes start to take over. This is a great evening fragrance, and personally feel you can wear this anytime of the year except for hot humid summer nights. The scent is great, but I would say the performance is average.

miguellrr
miguellrr

I love this scent , it gives such a nice warm feeling. It doesn't last too long on my skin but it dries down so nice...I love woody orientals and this is just that!

bcoops
bcoops

the second bottle I got after getting back into frags after alot of years.....i thought it was just ok and wore it a couple times and decanted alot of samples out and forget about it....here we are around a year later...i have tested, purchased and sold alot niche/designers and last night I just got a thought to spray La nuit on being it has been so long 'just to see' Man it was like running into an old girlfriend and she looks and awesome and she is available and wants to get back! this really is a great scent...I just purchased a new bottle :)

WayneDN

This is a very nice evening cologne. However, I think there are much better ones out there to have. I had this one and would not purshase it again.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I like the base note, but it's weak as water, as Mrs. Slocumbe used to say in "Are You Being Served?"

One reviewer says, "I can't believe that YSL house can create such average scents like l'Homme and La Nuit de l'Homme." That's my opinion as well.

parfemđija
parfemđija

@didacus.. aaaaa, so saaad because you don't get any compliments for la nuit.. and you bought it just for that purpose, to get nice comments from people around you... I'm so sorrry for that. becuase you don't get compliments you can give it to me, I like the smell of la nuit, I don't bother with that. :)

didacus
didacus

Smells good, but nobody notices I am wearing it.

So, there are very very few fragrances that I would say this about but... I would take a bath in La Nuit. If I'm ever rich I'm going to buy up a ton of this and fill a Jacuzzi with it.

Opening: Where do I even start? Its sweet cinnamon woodsy heaven! Cardamom blends serenely with Cedar and creamy lavender and Vetiver. Powdery, and divine.

Sillage: Decent enough, I would call it moderate, about 1-3 feet for a couple hours.

Longevity: I got about 5-6 hours worth of still smelling this one on my skin. My friends noticed it at 10pm after I sprayed it at 5pm, so its good!

Gripes: YSL needs to make it free for me, so I can fulfill my dream.

Best For: So it says "Night Man" but I would say it can be worn anytime in the afternoon or evening. Especially good in cold weather IMO, because it has a warm and inviting aroma.

Overall: I love La Nuit, it makes my day just smelling it. So warm and calming, it lifts my mood. Sensual and dark, but sweet and clean. This is what James Bond must smell like in his Aston Martin. No wonder he gets all the girls.

au naturale
au naturale

Oh man. This is a good one. I am a fan of Lavender, Cardamom, and Cedar, but this is a home run. The Cedar holds down the fort, while the lavender keeps coming in subtle waves. An intoxicating aura with pretty good sillage. This doesn't put up a suffocating cloud, but rather puts you and those around ON a cloud.

Very clean but not quite an aquatic . Very fresh, but not quite floral or fruity. Not enough woods to be called woody. Not enough spice to be called spicy.
Hard to put my finger on exactly what this IS.
Maybe that is a good definition of a Unisex fragrance?

As it dries down, the Cardamom and Cedar tend to linger, but no single note overpowers another. I can only describe this as a more refined version of Carolina Herrera for Men. That is the only other fragrance I have had with similar notes.

If this astounding fragrance does not get you noticed in a very good way, nothing will.
Winter Spring Summer or Fall. Day or Night. All occasions. All ages.
Wonderful.
I am loving this one.

4.4/5

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

Tried this at Macy's the other day. Absolutely invigorating! It smells sophisticated, lovable, unique, and sweet. But still perfect for a gentleman. Never a harsh note. Long lasting too. Spritzed myself on the neck and wrists before I left! <3

fresh_scents

It's just my newfound appreciation!

La Nuit de l`Homme by the Yves Saint Laurent house will alway be on my top shelf of fragrances to have for my entire life-time. Yes, I said it. This fragrance is just an incubator of sophistication that, when applied, attracts people to you. Appealing scents/fragrances are great conversation starters and this particular juice will have folks jabbering just to get to know you.

muncierobson
muncierobson

REALLY really wanted to LOVE this...

The opening and fresh and spicy, more classy and restrained than SB. The drydown is warm and diverse... lavender stands out for me.. sweet and masculine.. ideal for night time and safe enough for work..

I WISH it projected a little more... and although I can still smell it on my skin and clothes for many hours, it is a very close scent after only a few...

I LIKE this fragrance and chose it over 'le parfum' just wished projected a little more!

east17
east17

La Nuit is a consummate overachiever. That player on your favorite sports team who makes peanuts but is all heart and a future hall-of-famer. La Nuit is soft and luxurious like a cashmere sweater, but deep, rich, and masculine at the same time. Projection/sillage are above average with good longevity.

It did not strike me as a must-have when I first smelled it. In fact, I went straight for YSL L'Homme instead. But L'Homme does not hold up that great during cold winter days, and I was left wanting more. I bought into L'Homme and its spicy, uplifting, uniqueness hook, line, and sinker...so I gave La Nuit another shot. Had to have it. That day.

L'Homme in the warm spring, summer, and warm autumn. La Nuit in any other situation.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very nice evening type. Smells wonderful straight from go, gets better as it drys, doesnt last long though. I need more than a few hours out of my colognes. I do enjoy this enough though that I'm thinking about getting a 6.7oz just so as to never have to buy again, and before they reformulate it to something awful.

presbo
presbo

A superior scent in every way. I wish the base notes were a little more diverse. Vetiver is wonderful, but after ~5 hours, I'm unable to distinguish this from other vetiver based colognes. I would still highly recommend it to anyone (~25+) looking for a decent night out/date cologne. This has serious sex appeal.

This has the greatest longevity I have experienced. I can smell it on my clothes the day after wearing it.

Nickel
Nickel

One of the best night out fragrances! I just couldn't stop smelling my pillow when I woke up the morning after I had been out..

pioneer
pioneer

Fantasztikus francia parfüm!
Ami azért más mint a többi illat mert különlegesebb áthatóbb érzékibb kifinomultabb.
Tartós 6 órán át.
Sexi férfias.

skysongz
skysongz

Starts off on my skin with an odd powdery note that reminds me of playdough, which hangs around for a good hour or two before fading into the slightly sweet spiciness of the original YSL L'homme. Doesn't have the fresh masculinity of the original.

Trobador

I've changed my opinion! It's NOT ordinary...at least! I don't know another similar frag!!! Especially, it's very nice on the clothes, middle notes last more longer in that case! Awesome!!!

uxmanali

I think its ordinary you may or may not agree. Its called freedom of speech.

MSC
MSC

What exactly is nothing special about it? Wouldn't you recognize it from other fragrances? Stop misleading people please......

Matthu_Jewell
Matthu_Jewell

Sexy, smokey apple pie. Deep and mysterious, this grabs attention without screaming; It's that handsome stranger in the badly lit corner you're lusting to talk to.

Damingo
Damingo

I purchased this based on good reviews from Youtube as well as Reviews from this site..
It turns out they are spot-on.
It's marvelous.
Worn it during day time at work al though its meant for night wear but who cares right...
Lasts bout 8-10+ hours on my skin & clothing.
Doesnt offend anyone even to those who are very sensitive to fragrances.
4 thumbs up (including 2 toes).. :-p

craniumbash

Finally blind bought it today, really nice scent, will test it out more and add comments when my nose develops to it.

r.rojo51
r.rojo51

Totally amazing cologne. Blind bought this one based on the reviews here. I couldn't be any more pleased. Definitely lives up to the hype.

RickS1169
RickS1169

A wonderful crowd pleaser. Projection and longevity are great. I use this in my winter rotation or when going out. I could see this being a little too heavy for the summertime. Fantastic scent though

silvernose
silvernose

La nuit de l'homme is ten times better than its brother l'homme in all aspects longevity, sillage and the scent itself. Oh my, la nuit de l'homme is elusive yet inviting bright yet mysteriously dark its my partner for any romantic occasion. This fragrance is a must buy

bcire3k
bcire3k

Tested it on my blanket 5 hours ago. One spray filled my room so obviously good projection. The smell is intoxicating, I keep going back to get a whiff. Probably shouldn't have bought it considering I know I'll constantly be smelling myself.

I guess you know you've found a great fragrance when you'd rather stay home smelling it than actually field testing it.

I'd like to add my opinion that it is the best smelling designer cologne I have tried...beating out D&G The One and the wonderful Chanels

danielresendem
danielresendem

Dark and sensual ! Can be remarkable and delicate at the same time. The drydown conveys comfort, the silage and projection is striking without being offensive. Beautiful scent, perfect for night meetings !!

chuffer
chuffer

Have searched for this everywhere near where I live and have never been able to find it. A friend of mine bought a bottle while travelling and I adored it ever since. Finally found a bottle on yourhairproducts.com and I am soooooo happy. Not usually what I would think I like reading about it but such an amazing scent. Great price too. Reccomended

MonaThorbourne

La Nuit de l'Homme, is currently my favorite and best fragrance. I love the smell and believe it is unisex. Very sexy. Puts me in a very good mood in the morning when I spray this, and find myself smelling my wrist throughout the day. Love

mvc01230
mvc01230

La Nuit de l'Homme, I would consider to be my current favorite and best fragrance in my small collection. I have nothing but positive things to say about this fragrance. The Smell is like no other, the projection is ideal, and the longevity is out of this world. I was the first person in my area to have it as it didn't truly get big until 2011. As you can see I am not alone in my thought as it is currently the most popular Men's Cologne on Fragrantica.
A must buy in my personal opinion.

Overall 9/10

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

I need to buy this fragrance!! It's just amazing!!! Sexy, fresh, dirty, mysterious, unique and GREAT!!!!

Guys listen up!!
This is a beast. It projects great with great longevity. U definitly get the original l'homme in the background. This is very well blended but!! In my opinion too formal. Wear this if your dressed up, wearing a suit etc...25 and over

Over rated. Nothing special

Scent 4/10

Tim Edwards
Tim Edwards

Most complemented fragrance hands down.
This stuff is amazing.
Lasts all day,
Delicious.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

This just plain amazing Cologne man at first I didn't like it it didn't smell like the one in the store buy my nose always changes so I gave it a chance glad I did wonderful juice I don't think this should be wear to work or school it's to special for that I use when I wanna get laid or night out worth a try but for me it's. Worth a buy.

rprovenz
rprovenz

This is lethal for the clubs. Try it out and see what happens boys

RozzerX
RozzerX

One of the best Perfume i ve ever owned.

ryanmorgan
ryanmorgan

This has become my new fave since Gucci pour homme 2 has been discontinued as this was always second to it, still very upset but this is a lovely fragrance and a bit cheaper too :-)

josueanibal
josueanibal

One Of The Best Colognes To Have!. Truly A Thumbs Up In My Book!

Lisztener
Lisztener

I purchased blind based upon positive reviews. This is a great fragrance for me! It balances my mostly citrus "I have it" scents with its woody warmth and spicy aromatic blends. It may be an anytime fragrance for many, but my preference is to wear it in the evening for more formal occasions. It is stronger and longer lasting than most of my fragrances which is precisely what I wanted to add. This masculine yet sweet aromatic will become a staple in my collection that I shall turn to, often. It is an elegant masculine fragrance that may soon become my signature scent. Quite warm and sensual!

faraz
faraz

is this good for summer? cuz no cold weather in my city?

kuba

i blindly bought this fragrance and it follows that i regreted for my course.i only smelt coriander,cinnamon and the like spices!!!,worse enough peaple told me it smells like rasasi,thereafter i came to hate and hate it and give it to my cousin who doesnt care about any smell.be carefully before you buy

benthin
benthin

Its a great fragrance. But I think it'S formen in their 30s or older and would really go for formal ocassions.

92dfx
92dfx

This scent is stereotypically masculine in its musk, but has very nice notes of sweet vanilla. It becomes much more approachable as it dries, but is very overpowering when first applied so only a couple sprays are needed. I'd agree with the reviewer below that it reminds me of more sophisticated AXE scent and is not particularly original. In my mind, the man who wears this is in his forties, has a wife, is masculine in the American sense, and has settled into his habits for life. This scent is not adventurous or sexy in the conventional sense. Instead it's appeal is that it is comfortingly familiar and warm, which can be sexy in its own right.

craniumbash

I'd add a musk note in it if I could and just bring cardamom a tad bit lower. just my thoughts

Mattybono
Mattybono

La nuit De L'homme is my favorite by far from YSL because it is a perfect balance of classic spice and modern powder sweetness yet lasts and projects much better than original L'homme and gives a much more masculine vibe.

Perfect cooler weather, all-day and night fragrance but also much more versatile than I was first led to believe. It smells incredible and performs with great compliment-factor!

Two or three sprays works well for the office, three to five (max) is perfect for going out (you will get noticed, in a good way). Excellent longevity, 8-10 hours on skin and way longer on clothing.
Overall Rating: 10 out of 10, Masterpiece!

Trobador

Good frag, but too widely distributed! Soft, nice scent! But that's all, nothing notable.

AND-MAT

Congratulate me... I am now the proud owner of a full bottle of la nuit de l'Homme 100ml eau de toilette... Gonna enjoy every second of it!

3gecos
3gecos

What a scent...!A classy,serious,definitely night,man scent!For me the longevity is great,projection great,price ok,my girlfriend loves it,i cannot ask for more!

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is a sexy fragrance. Sweet and spicy.

benpaul12

It is nice, but that's about it. A bit synthetic and a bit too much powder. Seems like something a lot of guys who don't wear colognes with much thought would wear. As other reviewers on here have said "it is missing something" and I agree, a sharp citrus note would probably make all the difference.

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

This is a good fragrance but is not the best in its class. La Nuit de l`Homme is sweet, very spicy and powdery. IMO this fragrance is good for a date or special nights only and not for the everyday "casual" use.

This is definitively a night scent as the name suggest. It works best in cold weather because it's a warm scent that will stick to you and will not fade in the cold. The original L'Homme is more of a modern, younger scent. La Nuit is more of a mature scent, I'm not saying that this smells old, it is just mature, more appealing for adults than for teens or guys in their 20's

If you want something very similar that is less powdery and sweet and with a more modern vibe I will suggest trying Banana Republic - Republic of Men Essence (not to be mistaken with Republic of Men, look for Republic of Men ESSENCE)

I had La Nuit but I wasn't really happy with it and sold it. I couldn't find many occasions to wear it because La Nuit is not that versatile. I found Republic of Men Essence more appealing to me, more modern and more versatile with less sweetness and is less synthetic and less cloying than La nuit. Republic of Men Essence is well blended and a good choice if La Nuit doesn't do it for you.

33lko
33lko

Classic fragrance! Very unique. A bit synthetic, but I like this one very much. Long lasting, sweet, extremely nice. Absolutely in my top 10!

paul.trollson
paul.trollson

One of the most overrated scents in a while.
It's not terrible, I wouldn't own a 60ml bottle if I didn't like it.
Opens up with Cardamom and lots of it which then the Lavender gently comes in.
The general vibe is one of those feminine/masculine scents that enjoy flirting the line between the two. Sometimes you could call it a classy, masculine scent and then other times its a rather femanine powdery scent.
I personally like it. It's got the L'homme DNA with a sweet metrosexual strain of its own.
Please though, only wear it at night. It just does not suit during the day.

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

when i first time used it i say oh yes. i love it. but when time going on i feel it's not wonderfull. it smells like cardamom and tobacco. you think that anyone around you can smell it and praise you but you wrong. its stuff is very cheap and close to your skin.i think it's just OK not more.
دفعه اول که این عطر را زدم فکر کردم که این بهترین عطری است که تا حالا داشتم ولی خیلی زود فهمیدم که زیادم چیز جالبی نیست. اولا که ماندگاری پایینی دارد و همچنین پخش بوی ضعیفی دارد. ثانیا اصلا به قیمتش نمی ارزه. من زیاد خوشم نیومد.7/10

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I am a lady, and I am wearing the hell outta this cologne! I love the drydown! Sampled it in Sephora and now I want the whole bottle!

senilis
senilis

Great fragrance! Increadibly seductive and sophisticated masculine scent anyone could appreciate. So happy I was introduced to this wonderful aroma. Great for evening events, casual or formal.

Spicy indeed. Cardamom make up the body of this cologne. It lingers around for a while while the heart notes come into play. The scent becomes more full-bodied with the lavender, bergamot and woody notes.

Longevity is great, it lasts quite a while. Though if one wants the full effect for a nighttime event, I'd suggest spraying it on late afternoon. That way, you'd get the full effect of the fragrance at night. Silliage is a bit tight. It doesn't project very far, but enough for people beside you to notice.

Got the 100ml gift set for my dad this Christmas. I think he would appreciate this scent as he did on my arm. Looking to get this or the EDP version for myself in the future. I'd love to have a bottle of this in my hands!

zbansingh
zbansingh

THIS COLOGNE IS BEAUTIFUL, GUYS AND WOMEN BOTH LOVE THE SCENT
IT LAST AN INCREDIBLY LONG TIME AND IS PREFECT FOR GOING OUT WITH LADIES
HAS ENOURMOUS SILLAGE SO A LITTLE IS NEEDED
YOU CAN SPRAY ALOT WITHOUT IT BEING OVERPOWERING THO

steve0580
steve0580

Love it. Excellent scent.

It's much different from the initial spray until the dry down. It takes about an hour but after that, the scent really comes out.

Deefit

At first I fell in love with the EDT, then I smelled Le Parfum. I couldn't choose, but my girlfriend liked the EDT. Tried them on both and after wearing it a few times I still couldn't decide. They're rather close, but each with their own characteristic scent. The EDT however is warmer and more accessible and spicy in my opinion, while Le Parfum is 'colder', more 'dark' and subtle. I find that the EDT leaves a stronger trail, farther away from the skin. I simply like this one better! Happened to stumble upon this amazing offer on eBay, they were selling a 40ml for just £19,99. Needless to say, I bought it! ;-)

benjamin.soltani.1
benjamin.soltani.1

I will never ever buy this again,it gives me very very very bad headache,at the first time was not so bad but these days it's geting on my nerve.

AND-MAT

WOW! When i first sprikle this on me it didn't captivate me that much and I litteraly said: "Is that LA NUIT DE L'HOMME that every body talks about?" and left. One hour later I smelled it again and BOOM what a smell. I smelled spices, lavender and a hint of citruss just enough for me to like (i like citruss). The mixture is balanced to perfection and emits that radiant smell that is heavenly!

markart123
markart123

First of all, I love the original YSL l'Homme. I think it is a beautiful fragrance. My issue with the original is that it doesn't project that well after a few hours. La Nuit solved this problem. Like the original it is not a projection monster but is defiantly a step up, lasting at least 8 hours.

This fragrance has an amazing sweet and spicy scent that begins to fade to a really nice spicy floral. It defiantly has a bit of a pine note going on in there too! I love it for a night out in the fall, winter, and early spring. Don't let the name fool you; This also makes a great day scent in the winter and late fall... just go easy on the sprays for day use!

If you don't have this one, I suggest giving it a try. It won't disappoint.

alessio l
alessio l

Incredible sexy, dark and addicting smell.
It's really herbacious and masculine, girls love it.
This is the fragrance for a single man, great projection and longevity.
overall smell 9/10

Coca Cola

sharonweng1994
sharonweng1994

the other day my good friend of mine was wearing this. i love the scent on him. it's so warming and inviting and mysterious at the same time. this smell gives off a sense of luxury that every girl fantasizes. well done YSL. gonna grab a bottle for my boyfriend. i'd say it's suitable for daywear even for uni kids.

Deefit

At first I noticed this, and I liked it. Then I fell in love with the EDP version. But after trying the EDT version again on my skin today, I really like the little bit of sweetness it has. Which presents me with a problem; I can't make up my mind which one I like best..

kami07
kami07

عالي شيك خوشبو و باكلاس بينظير و خاص حتما يك بطري از عطر را داشته باشيد

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

i dont think its a versatile cologne at all. i can only find myself applying it at night.....using it during the day seems like im trying too hard. be careful to not overspray this cuz its super strong and can be offensive. its so strong you will probably choke on your own cologne. with that being said i love it and the dry down is what makes this one special and delectable.

prisko
prisko

ACTUALLY I CAN'T ENJOY WHEN I USED THIS PERFUME, THAT'S TOO OLD FOR ME BUT THIS ONE HAD GOOD SILLAGE.. I'M 20 YEARS OLD :(

mrfume
mrfume

To me this Flanker is only differentiated by its start and its smokiness, much spicier than the original but underneath all this complex start sits the DNA of the original which is quiet apparent to the user maybe 10 mins or so after application,Nice accompaniment for the original one, as a more intense version compared to the original.

5.5*/10*

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

When I first smelled this, I hated it. Yes, read it right - HATED IT. Thought it was too sweet for me. I passed up on it and bought Libre and thought I made a good decision. I still had the slip of paper scented with La Nuit from the shop and sniffed it. I thought to myself, "Man. I messed up. Gotta order some of that juice!" Got this beauty in today and wow. I love this fragrance. One of the gems of YSL for sure. This fragrance is very sweet to me all the way through. Either this stuff is really good on my skin or it really is THAT good. I mean I sprayed it on at 1 pm and it is now 7:20 pm and it smells almost the same as when I first sprayed it.

Notes: I'm definitely catching the Lavendar and Cardamom. I'm smelling the vetiver faintly but it's there. I catch some sort of spice there, but not sure which one at the moment. I'll have to wear it a few more times to check for sure.

Sillage: Yeah it's pretty awesome. Very good for a designer fragrance. 10/10

Projection: I sprayed it in my bedroom and within 5 seconds everyone in my house smelled it. 10/10

Versatility: I'd have to say it's more of a night time fragrance. Definitely favors colder weather where I can see this becoming a BEAST. 8/10

I'll definitely buy this fragrance again once I run out.

tutu1234
tutu1234

A great fragrance, a must have for sweet spicy lovers!

A few will not appropriated it who loves synthetic zingy type deodorants / fragrances!

Long lasting and appreciated by all!

Sillage is also enormous!

vergil_s
vergil_s

یه عطر فوق العاده شیک و با کلاس!
شبی برای مردان!
عطری گرم و دلنشین واسه یه شب خاص!
به نظر من از نسخه ی پرفیومش خیلی بهتره.
پخش بو و مانگاری مناسبی داره.

micpower
micpower

Overrated Fragrance .. i have tested it and I'm not going to buy it ... I didn't like it... I would prefer L'Instant De Guerlain EDT on this one.

kida2010
kida2010

Been rockin this for about 2 yrs now, gorgeous sweet, tobacco/cherry herbal vibe going on. Strong and cuts through the winter air perfectly. Synthetic but lasts quite a while, love it.

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

Pure libido in a bottle...
I had a Japanese/Hawaiian/American friend, this cologne takes me back to his home on Maui for some reason…
Well done, wood/spice/ floral/ clean with the right balminess… a good oriental wood IMO. Probably best used for the night on the town in fall or winter, but I put it on in the morning and will go threw out the day smelling myself…
You decide whats the best use for you….
A must try, and probably a good blind buy too…

Kain
Kain

This is a really pleasant fragrance folks.
The opening is great mixture of fresh bergamot and strong ginger notes and some sweetness in the background that may give you almost green apple vibe!
Very yummy scent!
It's fresh, but at the same time spicy and sweet.
As time goes by, the bergamot smell started to decay and lavender is the replacement for it, with more sweetness and a bitter ginger scent mixing with them.
It's quite pleasant and there is nothing harsh or bad about it.
On my skin, this fragrance doesn't have strong projection and longevity. but it's above average.
Really good juice with so elegant and sensual smell and really good quality.
یه عطر بسیار خوشبو با کیفیت ساخت بسیار عالی که میتونه عطر مناسبی برای مهمانیها باشه
رایحه اولیه این عطر ترکیب بسیار خوب و لذت بخش رایحه مرکباتی ترنج هست که مقدار کمی شیرینه و رایحه نسبتا قوی و تلخ زنجبیل اونو همراهی میکنه
این ترکیب یه حسی شبیه به بوی سیب سبز داره که در عین شاداب بودن، شیرین هم هست
در ادامه بوی ترنج کم کم شروع به محو شدن میکنه و رایحه لاوندر شروع به جانشین شدن میکنه که خوشبختانه لاوندر اینجا بوی بسیار متعادل و مطلوبی داره و بوی مواد شوینده نمیده
در کنار بوی لاوندر شیرینی عطر بیشتر میشه و بوی زنجبیل کمی تلخ تر و مشخص تر میشه که در مجموع یه بوی تلخ و شیرین ارائه میدن که ترکیب بسیار خوب و خوشبویی هست
نمیدونم چرا در حالی که تو کشورهای دیگه اکثرا میگن پخش بو و ماندگاری این عطر خیلی زیاده، اونایی که تو ایران هست پخش بو و ماندگاری متوسطی دارن
اکثر دوستان هم این مشکلُ دارن و پخش بو و ماندگاری متوسطی از این میگیرن که دقیقا نمیدونم دلیلش چیه

WayneDN

I bought this cologne a year ago and can not say this is my favorite. It was just ok. I did not fing it lasting very long and never received any comments on it as I do from other colognes. This is an evening wear for sure.

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

Honestly, I'm not madly in love with the slightly citrusy, floral, powdery opening of this fragrance, but thankfully, that doesn't last long. The dry down is so worth it. LNdL has a warm, spiced apple cider quality to it. I'm not sure what accounts for the apple accord, but it's delicious! The combination of cardamom, cedar, and caraway is so comforting. I think it would be fantastic for the colder months, but could be pulled off year round. Yes, I am female, but I do love men's fragrances - not so much to WEAR, but to smell (and that often means wearing them lol) :) I sampled this, along with several other fragrances (men's and women's) and found myself continuously asking, "Which one of these fragrances smells so good?!" and having it always be this one. Sophisticated without being "old" and dated, sexy as hell without being ostentatious. The sillage and longevity seem about average-above average.

grgfourtinas

ok so im riting a review after 1 year of testing ! This frag. opens with a blast of spice " cardomon" with a hint of sweetnes in the background ! In the drydown , it gets sweeter because the lavendar takes a place in the frag. and mixes extremly well with the bergamote wich makes the drydown spicy yet fresh with a lingering sweetnes ! this is a INTOXICATING , SEXY, ELEGANT AND BRAVE for the Alfa male of the night !!!

longevity 10+ hours
projection 4-5 hours
season fall/winter pereferably for night
age 25+

dmhorton
dmhorton

If you are a male with a pulse...YOU NEED THIS COLOGNE IN YOUR COLLECTION. When you die...YOU NEED TO BE BURIED WITH A DECANT OF THIS!!! This is a monster! This in my opinion is my favorite from YSL. Its elegant, smooth, sophisticated, and an absolute lady killer!!! Whether you like this cologne or not, i can guarantee that when you wear it, you WILL get compliments. Regardless if you have on a suit or an eye patch, you will get the classic "You smell great!" The projection is good, sillage is good, longevity is good as well but scent is literally unmatched. Definitely a safe blind buy and few colognes are must have but this one....add it to your collection asap. You wont regret it

RES2525
RES2525

A very nice fresh oriental. L'Nuit opens with a wash of warm and smooth spice that never becomes overbearing. The warmth of cardamom goes right through the composition. I definitely get the sex appeal in this. It has an almost boozy nature without smelling of liquor in any way. Its sweet, but not overly so. Fresh but saucy at the same time. I almost swear it warms my nostrils when I smell it. Very nice.

If there were a knock to be made to L'Nuit, albeit a minor one, I'd say it's this. What you smell is pretty much what you get. Once the top notes dissipate L'Nuit pretty much hums the same song until the final hour. Quite linear but I can't find it in me to accuse it of being boring. Every waft is a pleasure.

I'll definitely be looking to try more from this line such as the original, Libre, and Gingembre. Thumbs up!

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

this is really a nice perfume . today i tried it along with Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men and Terre d'Hermes Hermes parfum, . in the start i could not even notice it compared to hermes fragrances. hermes parfum was particularly very strong fresh and sweet/sour. but after three hours it just vanished somewhere , i could even smell edt more than this. after 6 hours i can only feel Yves Saint Laurent. it feels like a sophisticated fragrence now and is also not high priced.

fresh_scents

I wore La Nuit de L'homme yesterday and was noticed and appreciated for wearing it. I just love it and only got sucked into the marketing campaign well after I had given it the green light. It's an all ages and all occasion fragrance that is a sign of sophistication.

gianmarco
gianmarco

Greatness. Opening all the way till the end is an endless pleasure, elegant, seductive, all the qualities a rich scent should have. A true masterpiece

babygurl72
babygurl72

I love this stuff! It also smells great on women. I get a cinnamon note in the dry down, which is nice. It is very long lasting and im glad i added this to my wardrobe!

vhtnrdl
vhtnrdl

I would say it appeals to a 30+ crowd.

Neyzen
Neyzen

I could find no alternative to this one.. It's so absolutely nice! Dark and fresh, sexy and versatile at the same time. It is addictive. An all purpose fragrance for a serious man. But there is an interesting longevity issue... Let me tell you.

Projection is awesome. Loud for first 2 hours, and after that it slowly starts to be subtle.

Longevity is just average on skin (5-6 hours, close to skin after 3-4 hours) but surprisingly above average on clothes (easily 12 hours if applied to cool parts, away from body heat)

I think poor longevity on skin maybe the result of the great projection. This fragrance screams and dies out when it contacts with body temperature. It becomes more balanced on clothes in terms of longevity & projection.

The compliment factor is really high, but this may be due to the strength of the projection for the first 2 hours. You know, it is not easy to find a fragrance that is both loud & inoffensive. People realize this one, and they realize it as a nice & classy scent.

But in order to make a scent that is both realizable and smooth, you usually need to accept poor longevity. You get a solid 5-6 hours with this one, which can not be called poor at all. It is a resectable job from YSL. Also, it is possible to buy a 200 ml bottle for a reasonable price and reapply during the day ;)

Aegis
Aegis

Garett, maybe you are anosmic to some of its notes. it happens.

But i could tell you this will not last less than 5 hours and will project very well for at least 2.

i have got 12-14 hours
3 hours of good sillage then close to the skin, but my girlfriend can feel it when she hugs me at late night being applied it early in the morning.

garett
garett

Smellwise it is good but it has let me down , 5 sprays and i can only smell a faint trail close to the body.May be it is the most closest to the skin scent ever it couda been.Or may be i will have to directly spray 10 sprays on my nose ??

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

what is a true fragrance to grab "girls attention"? here it is. its sweet spicy in alluring way that exceeds expectations! YSL been long known for the quality of their scent. named Opium, Kouros and others, YSL in short words a guarantee for a luxurious smelling fragrance. No fragrance can be a panty dropper (that name alone makes me giggles) but this one, La Nuit is eye turner, and people will remember the way you smelled

La Nuit is no exception. its true pleaser and true attention seeker. once you get the vibe with your chemistry, you're unstoppable. La Nuit don't turn you into man-whore scent that scream "look at me y'all!" (sorry, 1 Million) but rather into a men of class who dig girls with class, who speak calmly "how about dinner tonight, lads?" with raised eyebrows. this is a unique fragrance that would be able to perform both at clubbing or a dinner without seemed out of place

sillage and longevity still matter of question to me, since I only get moderate results (it's not too bad. I'll wait for it to grow on me later). guys, get this gem quickly!

Nicely
Nicely

Guys, This fragrance brings me in memories, this stuff is so extremely sexy, before i was smelling this i touhgt Dior homme is sexy, but this and D&G the one are one of the sexiest fragrance i ever smell!

projection: 7.5.
longevity: 8.
Smell: 8.

Amazing stuff, I like the *fronzen cologne* one to!

JohnMc
JohnMc

The male fragrance equivalent of a compliment getter'

Go4broke
Go4broke

I love this. Had my bottle for 8 months now and need to get some more! Sweet cinnamon and oriental spices. It is a fairly linear fragrance but the opening is so good that you don't want it to end anyway. The drydown is a little bit more musky. It's a very soft fragrance and quite comforting but not too sweet. Longevity, sillage and projection are all excellent. Could this be the ultimate evening fragrance for men? It's definitely in my top 5.

Invocati
Invocati

I just smelled this one in town.... and just wow. Amazing. None other could match this one in the store. It's the perfect mix between spicy and fresh for me.

This will 100% be my next buy. I just fell in love with this fragrence. But as we all know, there is a big difference between smelling it at the store and actually using it for a couple of months. So I'll get back to it later to write a proper review.

Right now, I love it. It seems to dry down to a very sweet smell though, so for people who don't like sweet smells, you should probably avoid this one.

Remember it's all about personal taste.

ammaking_0
ammaking_0

The Best Perfume for classy meetings or dinners ... The Sillage is perfect! my rate is 10/10

samatl74
samatl74

The top is sweet and powdery. The drydown is what makes this a great frag. Night time or winter cologne for sure. Not a fan of powder scents but this one does well.

Bierko
Bierko

An oriental fragrance suitable for evening optimal fixing my ranking is 8/10

didi baev
didi baev

Great scent. Moderate longevity and sillage. 9/10 for me.

nando80

This is a follow up review. I must say I liked this cologne a lot but it has grown on me even more and I can say I'm loving this scent now a days. Even worn to the office in the day time it is long lasting as I used it more at night time. Maybe even love it even more than L'Homme Libre now a days.. Very sensual scent to say the least. Had a couple of female co workers ask me what I was wearing because I smelled real good ;)

hovvy
hovvy

If you are in the UK try the fragrance Definition from the Next stores, i believe it is a dead ringer for la nuit and costs about £8.00.

fresh_scents

I love it. It's a very sophisticated but approachable fragrance, and it happens to be one of my go to scents.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

The drummer in my band has this. He sprayed this after a session and immediately caught my attention. I was like "what is that beautiful smell"? lol this rarely happens with me so it must be good. Definitely a dressed up night scent.

Endymion
Endymion

Am I the only one who finds La nuit de L'homme and Cartier's Must pour homme a bit similar? :)

I know, the ingredients are different but still, the first hour reminds me of Must pour homme.

elvin
elvin

IMO the smell itself is great,the drydown is better beside the sweetness in the heart..but overall i like it!

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

OMG!my boyfriend tried this YSL nuit pour Homme Ohhh! Men i would fallow him everywhere hahhah! Thong's down Huuummm! so sexy sensual i haven't smell anything SOOO SPECIAL on my men for a long time beside a Dior that his MOM from France got him!! Very well MADE the notes are wonderful from start to end Master Piece OK! Yves Saint Laurent Got me on his court i now will check there collection for woman also!! THIS ONE IS DEFINATELY ON MY LIST for his next gift!! TUMS UP!
This is how a MEN... should smell

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing scent love the beginning I hope to buy this soon total masterpiece love these kind of scents lasts a long time

jandajohn
jandajohn

Very very manly night-out scent. Just like YSL L'Homme it projects well but lacks longevity.

All in all 9/10, may need to respray when going out.

m_e110
m_e110

خوب خوب خوب دوست داشته باشید و دوستتون داشته باشن ماندگاری خیلی خوب کاملا جذب کننده خانومها ولی حیف که تکراری شده طی این 2 ساله

vxgas
vxgas

A wonderful cologne from YSL. Charming and elegant, profound and masculine, strong but not over. There is a magic power inside this simple-looking bottle.

ronnie1975

good scent. young guy scent, no masterpiece.
but i can understand the hype with young people
for me something lacking in this one.

alfreal
alfreal

First spray is quite strong but wait till it dries down and you'll be amazed. For me, the best scent from the house of YSL.

mashur
mashur

I just love this fragrance! This smells so f**king good! Its long lasting and smells sexy! This is an exotic masterpiece!

Ichariot
Ichariot

This EDT version differs from the EDP version by quite a bit. Longevity or projection are not the main factors, but the actual scent.

The EDP version in my opinion is more spicy, warmer, sweeter.

The EDT version is cooler, darker, more conservative.

They are like identical brothers, almost the same but you still know there's something different about them. The EDP talks and smiles, the EDT listens and understands (haha, nighttime philosophies!)

nando80

Very good spicy scent that is definitely more suitable for night than day wear. It is spicy and sweet but when settled in with its violet and woody notes it smells amazing. It is a hot sensual scent that certainly gets the ladies attention always maintaining very masculine. I love YSL L'Homme Libre better over the fact that it can be used for any occasion rather than just night wear, but this one is a must have in my opinion as well.

nishant77b

Silli billi 89 you are right the middle note is similar to DOLCE & GABBANA THE ONE

nishant77b

I found out that the projection is getting weaker nd weaker on me. I had to ask my friend if he can smell And tell me how did he loke the frag. He actually had to come close to my skin to smell it. It was gud when i bought it few days ago bt now it dosent stay on me and projection is weak.

sillybilly89
sillybilly89

yves saint laurent is my favourite house ive got l"homme which is my favourite but i was really curious to find about this bad boy the add made me more desperate to find about this fragrance the fragrance starts of with a huge blast of cardamom after few minutes cardamom slightly fades and lavender and begamont steps in but i find lavender dominated the middle notes and to my nose mid of this fragrance is bit similar to D&G the one gentleman. and the middle notes stay for quite sometime. and in the end fragrance becomes slightly sweet.Projection a great and longevity is great too perfect for winter and this scent is greatly adored by ladies

harlemmal
harlemmal

Very beautiful scent. One of my favorites. Its the type of scent that others will notice and will give favorable comments.

All of you please try dolce n gabanna THE ONE
IT SMELLS THE SAME. i mean the middle note startd with it.

nishant77b

Its one of the BEST Compliment getter.. EDT is the best frag my work girls like on me. I tried EDP but EDP is spicer and dosent have that feel which EDT has!! MUST buy Scent...

pradyumna
pradyumna

way too much generic sweetness in this one. has an idiotic strength to it which I find appaling. the strength of the idiot who knows no flexibility and charm. almost unsettlingly awkward, plainly idiotic. what a pity, for the house that gave birth to the marvel of rive gauche pour homme.

Marcos Oliveira

verdadeiramente proximo a uma obra prima,PROXIMO!!! muito bom por sinal,fragancia sexy e atraente,discreto e as vezes arrebatador...depende muito do clima,usar a noite é o ideal,em minha pele fixa por volta de 8/9 horas,projeta proximo a pele,4/5 sprays no maximo para nao enjoar,vale o investimento por ser sedutor ao olfato feminino,elegante e casual,porém sem versatilidade.

Daniel74
Daniel74

Exotic and romantic fragrance...something special to scent the night.

GreyMan
GreyMan

I've been meaning to give this a sniff since I saw the first announcements. But somehow I didn't bother/dare as I've lost faith in this brand since the man himself died. Their ideas and quality have rather gone out of the window since then.
I had tried the original at the time. It was rather nice, but as other have also commented, rather disappointing and forgettable. The big white plastic lid made it look rather cheap and unfinished. A darker scent and bottle seemed like just the way to go.

Yesterday I tested it on a paper strip and liked it enough to try a generous amount on the skin. While it isn't exactly ground breaking, it's definitely a very well-made composition. I can't identify all the notes, but bergamot and cedar are both prominent and bound to win me over. It's sweet and spicy, but in such a balanced way it was pleasant in warm humid weather. (Such weather often makes me despise even trusted favourites.) To me it's one of the few men's fragrances that get sweetness right, i.e. neither overpowering nor losing in manly appeal. My husband described it as a "sawdust note", most likely the cedar. (Which would not stop me from wearing it. :) I even seem to detect a fleeting similarity to the original women's Opium. This is a major plus, as the men's Opium is rather off-putting to me.

Later on it becomes rather more herbal, which I really enjoy. As it fades out almost 18 hours later, it still maintains a nice balance. Few drydowns manage this in my opinion.

If I wasn't streamlining my collections, I would probably go after this. As it is, a few samples or a small decant will do. But altogether, I haven't been impressed this much by a mainstream fragrance in a long time.

yella_light
yella_light

Great fragrance from YSL.
I would say that this is better to be worn for those special nights when you're with your loved one. Fragrance stays close to the skin.
It is definitely a scent more older people would wear though.
I can see myself wearing this for most season, but not in the summertime.
This is considered a sensual, yet elegant scent...
(2-3 sprays max)

Age group: 21+
Projection: 3.5 stars
Longevity: 4.5 stars
Versatility: 4 stars
Smell: 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 stars

bestintheworldmp
bestintheworldmp

this scent is awesome! it totally receives compliments.

merosara
merosara

On my skin very much like Essence Pure Pour Homme by S.T. Dupont, which was my trade mark lady killer for a few years know.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Masterpiece.sensational.

coooolash
coooolash

HEAVEN.....I love this one very much.....
girls go crazy on this one....

LarsoC01
LarsoC01

I have a love hate relationship this scent.

The opening spice is a little too sharp in my opinion, so I usually never use more than a spray or two. Anymore than two sprays and it becomes cloying.

About an hour or two after sprying la nuit reaches it's climax on my skin. When the cardamon is at half power and woods start to come in it has an almost pheromone effect. A pleasant mustiness that makes me keep sniffing.

I agree with title of this flanker "The Night of the Man". For me this is for a winter or fall evening. I still think this could have been done better, but there are some great qualities to it.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Overrated in my opinion. Too sweet and synthetic for me. It does have good sillage and longevity of 8-10 hours. This is a young guy's scent; not for me. 7/10.

brs
brs

good but I prefer l'homme

yacoco
yacoco

great great 9.5/10

Dad jax

I Got both The EDP and EDT, this is just over rated ! EDP is much more sexier and bold, this one gives me a kindda headache in about 15 mins time... may be it is to sweet or to cheap...Never mind I LOVE THE EDP!

Smyle12
Smyle12

Cloying, and headache-inducing. I sprayed this and it's counterpart on each one of my wrists at Macy's and by the time I arrived home, it was so overpowering and just sickly sweet, like rotten fruit or something, I couldn't wait to wash it off. Overbearing and ultimately putrid.

stayclose
stayclose

Glamorours sweet and fun. Can be a attention w***e.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

Ok..the secret word for this lovely scent is: Cardamom!

Cardamom is an integral component in so many lovely scents...

Then it settles to a sweeter scent..
It's simple..& sophisticated in the same time!

Definitely it's one of my favourites.

You should try it

rafiqi

a colleague of mine asked.. what perfume do you wear? you smell sexy..

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Podría decirse que es una fragancia actual perfecta para las tardes/noches.

X qué actual ? Tiene ese toque dulce al que tienden todas las nuevas fragancias jóvenes, aunque tiene ese " regusto " clásico que a más de uno nos gusta.

Elegante, con fondo amaderado y salida dulzona y poco alcohólica.

raducu
raducu

For me , it works perfect with the ladies...:)20/10

nice scent, but i think a bit overhyped. 7/10 nothing more. It's no masterpiece

ericrico
ericrico

This is truly awesome fragrance! To me, if you can conjure imagery from a scent, then you have accomplished something unique and exceptional. Your olfactory senses allow your mind to visualize...with La Nuit de l'Homme I find myself, "...upon a dark, cool night with a light breeze and a full moon shining bright, radiating off of clouds. I am in the woods - alone, but not afraid or cold. I am walking on a path to the one I love and I will be there soon...and, I know she is waiting for me."

Okay - a little cheesy, but this is honestly how transcendent YSL's juice is to me. I first smelled this and was absolutely in love with the intoxicatingly rich and spicy cardamom - a note that I am already very fond of and I think this bottle has used it masterfully! However, as singular as the nose is at first, it warms into a heart of gorgeous lavender (fresh, not dried) that is blended harmoniously with warm citrus (bergamot), which also lifts the accord and giving it a breeze of fresh air. The cedar is not overly used or dusty - on the contrary - this is very rich and damp cedar. The olfactory pleasure continues into the dry down with a nice fresh vetiver accord that is not overly "rooty" or earthy. A slightly sharp, but also clean vetiver that melds with the cedar and lavender with the cardamom carrying through the whole composition. This turns, on my skin (nothing short of amazing) slightly sweet, powdery blend of notes that just seem to breathe on my skin! Don't over-apply!

I have seen people say 4 shots - one on the chest, one each pulse point on the neck and one on the back of neck. I think I would say that is about right - on a cold night (when this is perfect) maybe add one to the wrists. This is a fantastic, radiating scent. Maybe put one shot on the clothes, but this really feels fantastic (and smells right) on my skin.

A true night-time scent - possibly year-round with milder application on a summer night, but absolutely do-able. Stunning, dark, sexy as hell and chic! Better for formal, but possible with up-scale casual attire. This can wear you, if you are not confident and know what you want out of "that night". If you are in a Nascar shirt and jeans shooting pool and wear this, you have offended this fragrance and the bottle should be taken away from you at once.

My firm score - 9/10. Don't try to make this work for you...ask your partner as you are close with them if this is something they like. La Nuit de l'Homme is truly an intimate fragrance. I believe most will love it, but if they don't then you need to find something that does - or possibly another partner. Cheers.

gogogogo123
gogogogo123

to me, this smells like dark raspberries with honey, and a tad of spice, to me it is not spicy as in pepper sneezing spice, it is more of a vibe, but for the most part it smells sweet and very dark. i do not get vanilla, that is very detectable, just blended very well in the background, almost a vibe also, but for the average nose it will be very hard to detect vanilla, however the blend itself is just so smooth and sexy. very dark and mysterious. The dark raspberyy and honey is pretty mainstream on me. i have been complimented at least 5 times each wearing.

rating 10/10
longevity 8 hours.
projection is very good

del
del

La Nuit De L'Homme, from the bottle, smells brilliant. Its promising scent ends when it is sprayed to my skin -- it smells synthetically green and too herbal for my taste.

While others stated that it possesses a romantic and sensual sweetness perfect for night time, on my skin, La Nuit lacks the development I was hoping to experience.

mbrothwell
mbrothwell

After enough sniffing at Macys to make my knees wobble, and and several sit-down-or-faint moments (the sales woman must've thought I was a nutcase), I've arrived at La Nuit for my first high quality fragrance purchase!

So far I love it! I have to say the openings my favorite, and I wish it lasted longer, but from top to bottom the whole ride is a treat for the nose.

I got the 7oz beast of a bottle, so its safe to day I'll be rocking "the night" through plenty of days.

The following statement sums up the vast experience I've accumulated during my foray of fragrance: this shit smells awesome.

pure_dreamer

I used to LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this now I hardly wear it! soo annoying when that happens.... thats the problem when you have over 20 fragrances :(

thekidfrankieuk
thekidfrankieuk

always loved YSL l'homme, so when the la nuit came out i snatched it up quick and have been wearing it off and on ever since. i love the smooth vanilla spiceness of this fragrance i just get bad projection and longevity isnt too bad around 6-8 hrs but it stays very close to my skin and cant be noticed after 2 hours. Was very excited to hear an EDP was coming out until i tried it and it smelt totally different and wasnt any stronger. Overall this is a very pleasant smelling fragrance and would be great for an intimate evening with your girl/guy. It would be my sig scent if it had better projection.

maneduli
maneduli

about 2-5 hour in my skin..:(

Pari88
Pari88

Best fragrance for men I have ever smelled! There has got to be some sort of aphrodisiac in here cuz it makes me weak in the knees. I can't stand most aromatic spicy scents on my man because they always smell like my dad or my uncles. And I am not a fan of sickly sweet A-men type of scents because no man should smell like caramel or chocolate no matter how "manly" you are (call me "sexist" I dont care, everyone should embrace their own sex female or male and understand and accept the differences between them)...this one is just perfect. The bergamot gives it a nice youthful scent, mixed with the minty powdery cardamom which is always sexy on men, and of course snuggle "come closer" worthy lavender. Overall this is a soft spicy semi-powdery sweet woody scent, really all the goodies in one, whats not to love?
Masterpiece! Perfect signature for all seasons except summer heat of course. Good for night, work, and lady time.

Update: It is 2013, and I smelled this on my boo after a long long time of him going "citrusy fresh" again :-/ Well, I went absolutely bonkers over it. I kept asking what is that smell, and after he laughed in delight of my cat like movements sniffing around, he came clean. My goodness this stuff is a turn on! It's truly "Man candy" stuff lol

kbro4897
kbro4897

Scent 7/10
Projection 7/10
Longevity 6/10
Value 6/10
Overall 26/40

A whole bunch of "eh" with a little bit of "HEY". The first time I wore this, my girlfriend leaned in to smell me...and said nothing! Still, it is a sophisticated scent and if I'm getting dressed up for a formal occasion, I may reach for this one. I would say the best part of this cologne are the ads.

dmoman
dmoman

This is one of the best scent I've got in my collection. Great for nights out and cold days due to some sweetness...almost vanilla with like at the drydown. Masculine, spicy a bit. Smells good from start to end and longevity is good lasting all day on me. Not a projection beast but good then gets close to skin after 4 hours but haven't met one personal that hate this one. If you not into sweet colognes this one you can make a exception because it isn't that cloying unless you spray 3 to the neck. 9.5 out of 10 because a the scent. All men should own this.

joshua.dhanisworo
joshua.dhanisworo

MASTERPIECE!

Beautiful scent

good lengevity on my skin

Compliment getter !!

10 out of 10

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

My favorite fragrance!

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Very sexy male perfume. Longevity is average, could be better. Women notice and usually like it. It's slightly sweet and woody. Maybe a good fragrance for dating, but not indicated for formal situations or work. This smell is sexy but not vulgar like xs black (loud and very sweet), for instance. La nuit is a whisper in the woman's ear, not a desperate scream.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

A great oriental spicy fragrance that in my opinion can be worn by any age group. Many people say this is best used at formal events, I disagree, I think this fragrance is good all year round for both casual and formal occasions.
The opening is quite spicy but it gets much sweeter, there's even a small hint of chocolate in there.
Longevity and Projection are great, I get 8 hours out of this. 1, 2, maximum 3 sprays is all you need and you're set for the day.
You'll get a lot of compliments on this as long as you don't overdo it, but not as many as the original L'homme.
Projection: 7.5/10

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

This fragrance is definitely not a people pleaser! Prepare to stand out at that special formal occasion! I really believe this is a hit or miss fragrance. I spent 70 dollars on it, so I'm compelled to say it's at least O.K... but.. It's a miss. I just think it's too spicy, for most people anyways. It is a TAD bit sweet, and after a few hours, it is a pleasant scent. It's just not at all one of my favorites.

bobosan336
bobosan336

Mixed bag here. This is not particularly well blended fragrance, and on me its a 1 trick pony - sweet cadamom, vetriver + generic spice from the first blast to the very end.

That said, what I love about it is that it completely delivers on what it promises anyhow. It's an unabashedly manly scent and I commend YSL for resisting the urge to join the aquatic, citrus and floral blend brigade. It is loud as hell and projects like a rocket for the first 1-3 hours. Go to club with this and they will smell it on you. And it's a good enough masculine scent, you will get compliments on it - almost guaranteed.

edward.shebar
edward.shebar

Dry down is insane. Unique powdery fresh sexy scent,smells much better when worn lightly.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Not that great. I was expecting something classy and formal along the lines of Dolce & Gabbana By Man and Allure Homme. Instead, I get a sweet, heavy and loud youngster along the lines of One Million. I already have One Million in my collection so I don't think I'll be bothering with this anytime soon. Instead, give L'Homme and L'Homme Libre a try. Hell, even Body Kouros and Opium Pour Homme.

alexklempay
alexklempay

Disappointed. At first smell I really liked it, but now I don't really care for it. With all of these reviews I was expecting greatness. It really just smells powdery to me... like I said, it was great at first. Maybe I ought to put it in the fridge, because it affects the smell? Anyway... I prefer Libre to this, unfortunately. I'd give it a 7.5ish.

danielmventer
danielmventer

This sounds to me like almost every other sweety pie fragrance on the market nowadays. For example : A sweetness that can be a bit overbearing and a dry down with a strong overly sweet vanilla insence scent with a hint of chocolate. I.E. That notorious Pinky Panther Joop! Homme Joop!

Yes, I am sure the intensity and longevity is good,just like 1million by Paco Robanne ,but it doesn`t stand out of the crowd nowadays. I suppose it is a safe bet as a winter scent.

Personally I went back to the late 80`s and early 90`s to see what was on offer and I was surprised about how many interesting winter fragrances they had.

I am not `dissing` the fragrance, just saying that it smells like every second guy on a night out. And why does a man want to smell like a chocolate and vanilla incense stick anyway.......?

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

very pleasant smell is what i have to say,were as other sweet smelling fragrances r offending a bit, but this is smooth sweet and rich perfume, it has a class. a must hav for those who look for quality. i feel it stays close to skin and people smell it when ur close to them.

frangellan
frangellan

spicy opening with the cardamom, then goes to sweet pretty quickly. sweetness can be a bit overbearing. cooldown has strong lavender and vanilla with a hint of chocolate. ok intensity, good longevity. def a winter scent.

recklssabndon
recklssabndon

I can't figure out what the hype is on this scent... I guess I attribute it to different tastes and different characters. I got a trial - which I know is authentic - because of the Fresh Spicy/Warm Spicy descriptions, but I don't think either of those are remotely accurate. It smells like talcum powder for the first ten minutes, and very feminine (almost like an herbal shampoo for girls), then it calms down to a fresh almost clean linen scent which isn't bad or feminine at all. Not a bad cologne/perfume, just not very spicy or masculine in my opinion. Very fresh and clean, though, if that's more your style. I'd definitely recommend buying a 2mL. sample vial before investing since I think body chemistry can seriously alter the smell of this one. My friend just put it on and it smells completely different on him, something I've noticed with other scents, but not at this magnitude.

Camin
Camin

I got a sample of La Nuit de l'homme with an order of beauty products. Though it's intended for men, I thought I would give it a try. It is really strong. It was overpowering and definitely masculine. It smelled "aftershavey" to me, or like one of those smelly magazine ads. I don't think this is a very classy fragrance--at least not to me. It's too sweet and smells artificial and contrived. I didn't get natural-smelling spices. The lasting power is amazing--ten hours later I can still smell it on my wrist. Not a good thing, in this case.

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

Even though I like the original L'Homme better,La Nuit is not bad either. I like the fall feeling to the scent. It smells spicier than the original but still a nicely made fragrance. Great for evening wear,but can be worn in the daytime. It almost reminds me of Burberry London. YSL never ceases to amaze me. They make great fragrances,and La Nuit is a well made masculine,sweet,and spicy fragrance that many will enjoy if purchased.

rafiqi

bought a bottle immediate after smelled on a paper strip. its smell really nice on paper. however when i gave it a spray, first 5 minutes it smell great, after that the nice smell turn into something unpleasant. i really frustrated coz this fragrance smell really great. maybe it just not fir my skin. i'll give it sometimes maybe, along the way it will fit my body chemistry

artur.szczepański
artur.szczepański

SUPERB, COMPLIMENTS GETTER. 10/10

jesvox
jesvox

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l'Homme is a dark, sweet and sophisticated fragrance. The lavender and nutmeg are key in this fragrance, yet very masculine at the same time. The dry down is powdery with some hints of chocolate and vanilla, overall beautiful fragrance, it's defiantly worth checking out.

seand7373
seand7373

I can see why people compare this to Chanel Allure ph in the opening. Too bad this is way to cloying and after a while I can't stand it. I'll keep my Allure.

Jona16
Jona16

Accesible, masculino, dulzón, excelente fijación y estela ... este perfume va a ser un mito, como lo es OPIUM, una fragancia única y por la que siempre te van a preguntar, hombres y mujeres ... qué te pusiste, qué rico !!!??? Vale y vale la pena.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I gave Le Nuit to my father as a gift. To me, mens fragrances are usually too strong for my nose. But this one is so pleasant and makes me want to keep sniffing it again and again. My daddy deserves to smell beautiful beacause he is a beautiful man inside and out. Love ya daddy and enjoy!

cesao72
cesao72

Perfume is a very good, got that fruity that women love, as is the opium of sweet vanilla, wood M7 sensuous. La nuit comes with citrus and lavender notes, the basic loreal that likes to do best-seller because it is, as I like women. I still prefer my good old KOUROS that scent is no frills, is to love or hate. La nuit - all will like it, no one will criticize you for being with him.

PurpleSneakers16
PurpleSneakers16

this is really good. the top note is awesome. the middle note is to me, a almost womens perfume. and the bass note is sorta spicy, but the bass note is not my favourite part. there is sort of a pharmacy smell to it.

norsende
norsende

There is something I don't like in this fragrance, it's almost too sweet and overall a weird scent on my skin.. Very hard to describe but to me it's almost nauseating. But that's just my opinion...

It projects really well though but definitely do not go blind buying this, try to have it on your skin first for a day and see how it feels!

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

dulce y atractivo, siempre te preguntaran q llevas, otra cosa es que encanta a las feminas, saludos.

pure_dreamer

Amazing I had over 40 fragrances and this is my favourite to wear on a daily basis. 9/10

P.s Don't tell nobody about this or it may turn into the new PR 1million!

JohnD01
JohnD01

Very nice and smooth! Reminds me of Armani Code which is also great.

Advice for the Kiddies and teenies; Stay away from this one because this is strictly ONLY for the mature crowd and chances are you wont like the scent at all (If your nose is not trained, all you will smell is make up and probably induce yourself with a headache).

ajl577
ajl577

I originally smelled the YSL L'homme and was going to buy that for myself because it had a unisex quality that I just loved but decided to get La Nuit for my boyfriend for Valentines instead...I now regret it because a) I kind of want to wear it but not sure if I can, I'm very assertive and can take on scents like Lolita and Alien and people love them on me and b)I can never win a fight when he wears it, and that blankety blank blank knows it! Sweet Jesus Mary and Joseph, what this smell does to me! The axe commercials should have been modeled behind it because I swear it just makes me wanna crawl, no, I take that back, CLAW my way up into my boyfriends shirt. It drives me insane in the best way and funny thing is that most times I can't stand colognes; they seem contrived therefore they annoy me and any man who wears them. I don't know that I would want to smell this on every man but it is a flattering scent, very musky, powdery and spicy but not in an old spice sharp or fakey way, its a scent that I would associate with someone. Its something I would have to give to someone to appreciate them wearing it. Its just that special to me. My bf wore it to his friends bachelor party and he told me that both the strippers told him he smelled good and refused to leave him. He told them that he smells the way his woman wants him to....damn right about that! lol Also, it lasts a LONG time but doesnt seem to sour or go weird on my bf, it just..stays. SOOO nice, it makes me close my eyes n lean in. Feel like one of those paint huffers when I'm around him lol

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

I wish I was a man just to wear this

dompakawx
dompakawx

when i wear this out to a bar/club... my phone has never failed to increase with female contacts in my phonebook. they LOVE it, and i do too lol. my favorite besides one million

crazyrabbits
crazyrabbits

Every time I wear this, I feel like I'm sitting in a country restaurant enjoying a big slice of apple pie with rapidly-melting vanilla ice cream. It's hard to describe, but there's a very warm and inviting feeling to La Nuit de l'Homme.

I bought this on the advice of the reviews from Fragrantica, and I wasn't disappointed: sillage and longevity are through the roof, and you WILL get noticed when you wear this. This stuff projects like a beast, and the drydown into the mix of vanilla powder is incredible.

You feel like you can take on the world when you wear this. I guess that's why they call it "Night of the Man".

alassouli
alassouli

This perfume mesmerizes me every time my husband wears it. This is my most favorite one on him. All the guys out there , I recommend you to buy this if you want a lady to fall in love with you. This perfume takes me back to my very first date with my husband... ahhh man I miss those moments. This is the most sexiest, the most powerful fragrance. Love the cardamom .... Love anything that has something to do with cardamom.

Poetikbliss
Poetikbliss

Love the Opening of this one but I'm not sure about second note, which becomes very sweet to the point of almost overbearing (Vanilla Sugary). The sweetness was so much so, that i thought i got an imitation bottle or something lol but after i checked it out, its the real deal. As for application, spraying this means just 2 or 3 shots because the sweetness can get to your head lol. It Mellows down to a nice base though. Its longevity, i give it a 10/10, last most of the day once you put it on though its better to wear at nights (especially when u from the Caribbean like me and the weather is really cool in the night lol). Its a nice cologne but I think it could've been better. Overall 8/10

VanAllan
VanAllan

One of my recent favorites (I like it even more than Le Parfum version) and one of the most beloved fragrance in our days among recent releases (none btw never impressed me too much: check The One Gentleman, John Richmond, Azzaro Decibel... etc.).
A romantic/sweet/sexy/...you name it!...take on the original (also very good) which plays more with sweet spicy notes like cardamom or coumarin and woody aromatic notes like cedarwood and vetiver, giving you a smooth exotic aura that surrounds you and make you feel modern, sexy and cool, ready to enjoy what the night has to offer you.
Good longevity and most important good projection (at least on my skin): I enjoyed every minute of the 7-8 hrs, with strong sillage in the first 2-3 hrs.
Definitely a must have for me. My humble rank 8.9/10. ☣☣☣☣

vdxl
vdxl

It smells nice in the beginning, but then it smells like an Impulse body spray: cheap. This is not what I expected from YSL, but it seems the brand is going down.
Longevity and projection are ok, but the scent has been done ad nauseaum.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

This smells great!!! I highly recommend it. It is absolutely delicious.

cdaleb73110
cdaleb73110

Yes, I agree there seems to be a vanilla note. My co-workers love me walking by them so they can get a smell of this cologne. Quite sophisticated fragrance. Keeps you wanting more. Lasts forever on me. It's like an aphrodisiac in a bottle. Great for the work professional.

scenturian

I also get yummy vanillic note but I don't see here in the listed notes. Or what can cause that vanilla aroma?
If you like Dior Homme Intense because of vanilla, you will sure like this one as well.

geomyth
geomyth

This is my new favorite. I love the way i feel when I put it on. I just hope the parfum that is in the mail is as nice.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

I review this earlier referring to the poor drydown. I was wrong, this stuff amazes me. I can't wait to get a BIG bottle of this!!! I recommend this to anyone. Extremely versatile.

hamze

bebozizo83

perfect that is it

Glad chic
Glad chic

absolutely love this piece. Its openin note re simply wonderful, but the end notes are not rilly as enticing as i anticipated, but generally a good one. Good work ysl

tcjmoura
tcjmoura

Amazing!

soleroc
soleroc

See my L'Homme review! This is just amazing as well! A bit spicier and sweeter than its brother. Love it! It will always have a spot in my collection. Yesssiiirrrrr!!!!!

xpetra82
xpetra82

I LOVE HIM....sorry....i mean i love it.... ;P

Apep
Apep

Very distinctive aroma that is perfect for nights out. I find it's immediately recognisable and have had many compliments on it. I find it lasts a considerable amount of time on my skin so be careful with how much you use!

costaleo
costaleo

This is as awesome as awesomw can be. Great fragrance. At first I found it similar to Armani Code and its copies. Nowadays it's very unique to my nose. A scent that evolves and brings an aura of charm and seduction.

This is awesome with Christian Audigier red

whatsthataftershave
whatsthataftershave

I've had this cologne for a week now and am very surprised.

Being 15 I use it most at school. It does have a slightly feminine smell to it but at the same time very manly. Projects well and lasts 8 hours on me. Girls love it and I feel it will be one of my favourites for years. Although it reminds me of Dior homme (which I dislike) I feel this is almost a part 2 more manly but still has the same sort of smell.

A must for anyone

my signature scents now are

Allure homme sport summer/spring
La nuit de l'homme winter/autumn

deki
deki

its great

Marcel

Very refined scent. Very complex also (not linear, it changes a lot through its different phases).

The beginning is spicy and a bit citric on the top, then it quickly changes (after 10 minutes or so) to something very complex as the heart notes beging to develop: it's sweet, it's warm, and at the same time it's green and yellow. Then after a few hours it becomes very warm, very oriental, a bit powdery, but in a good way.

Longevity is incredible (it will stay with you all day) and sillage is very good.

One of the best fragrances I've had lately.

AME8
AME8

Women LOVE it!

Roqfort
Roqfort

While the "original" L'Homme is an elegant and seductive, this is just another copy of the Armani Code, but weaker. L'Homme is much more verstille. I can wear it on cold of hot days and nights and still smells great. I tried La Nuit many times and unfortunately, comparing this to L'Homme can not be matched. Because L'Homme is much better scent. IMO of course.

candy-datura
candy-datura

To me it has nothing common with Chanel Allure pour Homme. La Nuit is a very nice evening perfume.

frogman
frogman

Oh man what a great perfume. It is very similar to Chanel allure pour homme, albeit a little darker and has kind of " Dior Homme intense" base notes in it. Perfect for Nights and snowy dark days.

gloystar
gloystar

I just LOVE lavender-based fragrances. This one is so nice especially in winter time. Attracts alot of complements, trust me!

Ava22
Ava22

This the number one fragrance I love on men.My boyfriends wears this when we are going to a black tie affair or a special occasion.He smells so good and looks yummy.Is not to over powering but perfect.This fragrance wont behave badly or bother people or make you gag.Most cologne I cant stand on men ,but this one I love so mush.Women always complimenting him on how good he smell and off course that make me angry,so i make sure I'm around when he wears it lol.You can wear it all year around and any time of the day!!!

This is also perfect for the guy that wonts to score or tired being single!!!
Women will do whatever you like with this on trust me and many men i know wear this and they are chick magnet and big time Players.You can be avearge and score miss October or december!!! Ciao and enjoy

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Surprisingly unimaginative offering from YSL. La Nuit is basically the original L'Homme, this time with brown sugar-encrusted ginger dialed up to 11. Many of the exact same components are in place. I'm not really sure how this translates to a "night" fragrance, but apparently YSL decided that clubbers have a sweet tooth. As it ages on skin, the ginger recedes, leaving a cooler rendition of the original in place. It's okay I guess, but why bother? If you like and have the original L'Homme, or Chanel Allure Homme, owning this is redundant.

AjaySandal
AjaySandal

A gorgeous masterpiece from the house of YSL! It's an exotic interpretation of the original YSL L'Homme and undoubtedly way better.

La Nuit De L'Homme means "The Night of the Man" in French but it could be easily categorized as a unisex scent! It's an intriguing, provocative and luxurious scent. It starts of with a smoky yet smooth vanilla intermeshed with whiffs of cardamom flowing into floral notes of lavender & finally transcending into woody notes of cedar.

Fantastic on the longevity front & great on sillage too but the scent sticks close to your skin. It's great for winter nights when you are on a romantic getaway.

wiizy23
wiizy23

This fragrance is great for people who like baby powder and baby wipe scents. It's not for me though I can not get passed the baby wipe smell that is in this fragrance. Honestly a little feminine is la nuit.

kissgaborattila
kissgaborattila

It's a very delicious dark fragrance but something missing from it for me.
Maybe a hint of crispy feeling.

Heverton
Heverton

One of my favorite fragrances of all time! I absolutely adore this stuff!

What does it smells like? Sexy in a bottle.

Starts with a very smoky vanilla mixed with apple, giving a apple pie smell that through time develops to a kind of powdery smell always having vanilla showing itself.

A strong sensual fragrance that is perfect for a romantique set.

Both longevity and projection are just awesome. Anyway, what are you still doing reading this review?! Go buy yourself a bottle of this right now!

بسیار شیک و مردانه
این کار از سری کارهای ایو ساین لارن لهوم جزو بهترین کارهای این کمپانی میباشد
بشخصه در بین ادکلنهای مورد علاقه ام مثل ام سون این کار را خیلی دست دارم و همه نیز از رایحه آن لذت برده و سوال مینمایند
بسیار شیک و مردانه
گرم و شیرین
جذاب
با ماندگاری و پخش بوی خوب
کلاسیک
بی نظیر
و شاهکاری دیگر از کمپانی
ysl
حتما از رایحه و داشتن آن کسانی که اینگونه روایح را میپسندند لذت خواهند برد و آنرا جزو کارهای دائمی در بین کلکسیون خود قرار خواهند داد

Very stylish and masculine
This series of sine Yves Lhvm Lauren is one of the best things the company
Very stylish and masculine
Hot and sweet
Appealing
Playing with persistence and good smell
Classical
Unique
And the company's other masterpiece
ysl
Be sure to have those kind of smells like Rvayh will enjoy it as much a part of the permanent collection will be put

28,

E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

drunkenwithsilence
drunkenwithsilence

Top notes and dry down are great. Gets a little powdery for me sometimes. Wore this when the wind was blowing kind of strong in the winter and it smelled real good. It can be worn for the summer days if sprayed very lightly. Cold weather is where this fragrance really shines. I'd buy this if you want to smell different than the usual acqua di gio that everyone seems to be wearing still.

chrismriley@hotmail.com

LastS 4 hours
Not worth the money

alebanfield
alebanfield

will buy it, so professional! excellent to wear it with a suit, for an office... may be not for informal situations

jtappenden

So uplifting,spicy & zesty.A truly great fragrance.

andy

I got this online and saw lots of reviews of the original (white cap) but i like this better, its deeper and the scent is definately more masculine. The original L homme has WAY too much amber and its a bit too sweet and almost femnine

juanma
juanma

Buena fragancia pero nada sorprendente. Para los que les gustan los aromas dulzones, este es el ideal. Bastante aromatico pero no fuerte, se siente la bergamota pero yo la encontre bastante similar a una manzana mezclada con notas calidas de madera. A los que les gusta el Black xs o el Armani Code, este les va a gustar. Aceptable.

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

ca me fait penser a l'odeur d'une table de restaurant deserter de cest aucupants avesc du vin moitier bouteill vide et des asiete finie apres une long soire diner!!!!!!

Detroitcolognereview

I am re-reviewing this. Um... yeah... incredible. I love it. The shock value of it is that its so sufficient and awesome. I dont get feminine though. I think some people mean that its a little uncomplicated and not heavy. What i love though is that this one is so non-chemical smelling. Its really earthy but pure. The trajectory is perfect. Smells spicy and mysterious. I could see walking into a spice shop, picking the listed ingredients, mixing them and it smelling like the fragrance. Thats awesome. A real organic cologne but easy to understand.
winner.

parisienne
parisienne

When I first tried it,I immediately fell in love with this scent. Masculine, sensual and purely magnetic.
The perfect drydown and the sexy vetiver notes make this perfume an excellent choice.
I'm considering giving this one as a gift to my bf!

skitten
skitten

This is way nice. Was sent to me by mistake and I get to keep it. Yay.. : ) Very fortunate error for me, as I may never of discovered it. Is like all the buzzy, at ease bumble bees, who have been to a Moroccan market, drenched themselves in the atmosphere and flown to succulent bushes of deep, dark heavenly lavender and have immersed together as one. Is earthy, just enough sweetness and oriental. A perfect mans fragrance without any synthetic overtones. Infact, I think unisex. I love the stuff.

leecher88
leecher88

I will buy it in few months because its really good!!! Furthermore its for night and also good for elegant dressing men but also forclubwearing and i can imagine its surely good for beachclubs at night !

very similar to

- Givenchy Play Intense (same good as la nuit)
- Zegan Forte (better)
- Van Cleef Midnight in Paris (better and more elegant)
- Bulgari Black (not as good as la nuit)
- Rochas Man (not dark like la nuit but better)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

It s the original L´Homme with spices and oriental notes, became a dark L Homme, and of course more sexy. Perfect for night clubs! Very good longevity about 12 hours, and projection perfect!

Marcos Oliveira

perfume TOP de linha,a principio remete a fragancia comum,mas apos alguns minutos de aplicação,apresenta algo sedutor a quem sente.o adocicado traz consigo um aroma levemente refrescante pelo capim limao,permitindo um rastro amadeirado oriental...bastante elegante e tambem casual,para noites é claro.em mim ele fixa super bem,projeta maravilhosamente.

nikornplay
nikornplay

give me the same feeling as black by Bulgari, spirit of Antonio banderas, attitude by armani
not so excite by classy gentle and pamper.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

After sprayin it on me, 15mins later I had to compose myself here instead of runnin wild lmao, this is for the "NIGHT" like it says... I think the advert much suits its charachter, it is damn SEXY and best for dates, please not clubbin, it would be a big waste, U need to be with that special one lookin at each others eyes. Its masculine, warm and very smooth, it could stay longer if U ask me but I think thats why its best when chillin, it tends to stay put.
PS. I tried the edp and... BIG Mistake YSL, there´s nearly no similarity with this one, it stays longer alright cause its all too woody BUT loses what makes this a great fragrance.
ALL in all I would give this 7.5/10

ManicPsych290
ManicPsych290

This is not a exceptionally 'exotic' cologne. This is for the classy and mature individual.

Lasts 6-8 hours.

For winter/early spring/fall. Again, avoid wearing in high temperatures.

Even though the cologne implies nighttime wear by "La nuit" ----->("The night"), it is good for both day and night wear. Ignore the votes on that one.

hay81hay

i used this cologne as car fresher, i spread it in the car, the result was fantastic.
first of all i rent car 4 trip for my friend's family , the father of the family didn't know we are smokers(Marlboro+grass), so we steal some time during the trip to smoke , after that we need tool crime to hide the matter, that's why i used it as spayer

one of best result was the peace came over the car, and for romantic direction i am quiet sure the grade is a++

what i can say more

if this trip join me with my (love,wife,soulmate), then i will never ever forget La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent, , who knows ,,..

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

My next full bottle designer purchase will be this baby right here. Sweet, masculine, versatile, appealing and sexy. Yes all in one. My female coworkers love this stuff and to be honest so did I. There is something with the tonka and maybe the ceader or some other note that makes it a sweet woodsy scent then you throw in some spices to awake the senses and you have a wonderful scent on your hand people. I absolutely love this thing.

I get a sweet pine smell with a hint of chocolate. So I wore this Monday (4/18). I put it on at 7:30 in the morning and when I got home from work decided to take the kids out to the park. Let me tell you something, the heat jumped on this thing and turned it up a notch. I could sense it still there but sticking a little close to the skin but not anymore, it began to rise into my nose. Actually I didn't come off until I bathed that night.

So this thing is versatile, it can be worn to work, it can be worn on a date, it can be worn to a club and it will fit perfectly in each. I actually believe the club will make it heat up a little more much like taking my kids to the park in 85 degree weather. It is a nice first impression scent but not overbearing (say like 1 Million though I would wear that one to just to see the response). I think any age can pull this off it is young enough for a high schooler though he would stick out and it is defintely mature and sexy enough for a 50 year old to pull off.

Overall I give this 4.5/5. Scent, projection, longevity and versatility are all there other than wearing it on warm days it works perfectly.

Detroitcolognereview

I think that what die hards don’t like about this one is that it is a safe smell. Sometimes you need something safe though when you are out and about. The thing is that I don’t think that this will push anyone out of their comfort zone and force them to tell you how wonderful you smell but you also wont have to worry about offending anyone with it either. I like this one as a office scent. as far as a going out on the town cologne, I prefer something more stand alone. Its nice though but I could see the people who done like the middle of the road smells thinking that this one was boring.

Yves… did not make this one for the fragrance junkies. They made this for appearing under every mans Christmas tree as a gift that just about any man would wear. This is a very well done middle of the road cologne. It definately smells really good its just that it's SAFE!

missan
missan

I agree wholeheartedly with alfarom, YSL certainly have
found the way to bore us to death. And they are not alone on this road,

Please don't tell me I will ever have to use the phrase "perfumery is dead". But if things keep on going like this I will surely say "Yves Saint Laurent is dead." After seminal and legendary scents like Kouros, Cinema, Opium, Jazz, Paris and Rive Gauche how we can accept a trite fragrance like Le Nuit De L'Homme? And it seems that at the YSL headquarter they weren't happy enough with the standard EDT edition that they launched on the market an EDP intense version. OMG!

Go for any classic from the same house and remember that sometimes the opposite to new it's not old, it's legendary.

grgfourtinas

La Nuit De L'Homme in english The Night of The Man ! It says it all. This is a very alluring/sexy frag. for a confident male ! it has some very smooth spice. i cant really describe it even though i have it!its that good. Let me tell you this one works good at night summer or winter ! Wear this and women will act very strange around you(in a good way) ;) GIVE it a TRY ! highly recomend !

Projection: moderate
Longevity: 8-10 hours
smell: sexy/alluring
ocation: casual/night out
season:winter/summer(night)

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

tested this today at the Fragrance Shop. Absolutely beautiful fragrance! It has instantly gone to the top of my "must buy next" list. Has a nice spicy accord and quite "leafy". A classic me thinks...

Papi
Papi

Remind me a bit of discontinued "Emporio's Night" - Damn Armani, must have wrong HR staff in there.

Sweet and spicy, evening smell.

Recommended.

خاص و بی نظیر
هات و سوویت
رایحه دلچسب و محرک هل اولین نت بویی آنرا تشکیل میدهد
شاهکاری به همراه برادر بزرگ و گرامیش ام7
فقط اگر این کمپانی آمبولانژ این سری از عطریات مردانه خود را تعغییر دهد بسیار و بیشتر توجه های عطر دوستان را به خود جلب خواهد کرد
از تهیه و استفاده آن حتما لذت خواهید برد

La Nuit De L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent - EAU DE TOILETTE

Natural Spray PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
A story of seduction, intensity and bold sensuality

A darkly handsome man whose irresistible charm and seduction sweep away everything in their path.
A night full of promises…

A fresh oriental fragrance, made of tensions and olfactory clashes.

Size: 60 ml , 100 ml

Fantastico!
ფანტასტიკა!
奇妙!
素晴らしい!

Fantastic in all languages!

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

The name "La Nuit" which means "The Night" represents the main characteristic of this edt.
Strong, sexy, provocative, dark, mysterious, all of those things which remind us about the night can be found here.
It opens with spices, flowers and also sweet, something similiar to the original L'Homme, but less powdery. On my skin, La Nuit lasts for at least 8h and for many days when sprayed on the clothes.
Women seem to love this scent. I'm a man, but I love La Nuit too :)
My final score: 9.5/10.

crossbow
crossbow

This is the first one where I've gone out of my way to get a sample after reading this site and actually loved it.

Slightly sweet, spicy and warm with a hint of lavendar and dries to a warm woody note on me. It has a feminine side to it but there's enough masculinity there to make me feel comfortable wearing it. I sprayed on my sample around lunch time and it felt a bit out of place in the office, but would be perfect for winter evenings.

I think this is going on my "to buy" list.

Divinus
Divinus

I had the Parfum version of la nuit, The bottle got broken so i bought the EDT vesrion day before (after checking the comparison reviews on youtube) It smells modern, well blended and well balanced.its fresh, sweet, spicy,dark and mysteriuos at the same time. its very addictive.
I dont find it feminine. I have herad about longavity problems with it. will update after testing it.

Update : the longavity and projection is modrate. if you wanna increase it's longavity you can spry a bit on your clothes, it does not leave any spots. the dry down is similer to the le parfum version. compliment factor is high.

nocebo
nocebo

Finally got to try it today. I don't quite get how it's criticised for its longevity but maybe it just pleases my chemistry. Lasts well on my skin. After about 5 hours and washing my hands I can still get a whiff out of my wrist.
The scent is as great as being considered for my night-out signature frag (since Code got too popular for my liking). Still gonna try it on a few more times though...
Sillage seems appropriate. Not too close to the skin but no room filler either. Just the way it should be if you only want the attention of certain people instead of the whole crowd. ;)

Rhynoses
Rhynoses

Great perfume, i tryed it, even if it doesn`t fit to my age, I still like it, i wont buy it since it is too much classy for me xD, But if you are looking for something that is elegant, this is the perfume for you.

jtappenden

Dior Homme Intense,Thierry Mugler A* Men & Marc Jacobs Bang are very similar to this fragrance.However,wearing this EDT is an absolute pleasure.It is fun,excitement & enjoyment.A modern classic.

Kharnak
Kharnak

I Want this... anything by YSL is a masterpiece... (the L'Homme daylight version is too Fresh for me)
I Love this for it's darker musty yet sophisticated sexyness... This is a real Guy smell, but still Luxurious and won't chase away those with more delicate taste.
- Citrusy powdery musty, Distant Vanilla.. very Complex and Layered(as all YSLs are)
It's expensive! but.. rightfully so, i must admit.

jonny19
jonny19

If Francis Kurkdjian never poured his genious into Le Male, this would be my favorite fragrance of all time. This is seduction in a bottle. The smell is amazing. My top compliment getter after Le Male. You simply will not find a female that doesnt love this. It could be worn all seasons in my opinion, but best for fall and winter. This fragrance is perfect for a date.

Smell: Sweet, with a little bit of spice to balance it out;10
Projection: Projects perfectly. Not TOO strong, but just right;9.5
Longevity: Some people have problems with this, but for me it lasts almost the entire day. 8-11 hours;9.5

FINAL GRADE: 9.6/10

jtappenden

Purchased today,this fragrance is spicy,zesty & very refreshing.It exceeds the greatness of YSL L'Homme.It is a very sexy & masculine fragrance.I absolutely love it.10/10.

Skorpion
Skorpion

Other things like Yves Saint Laurent is a full-blown masterpiece. My nearly fifteen Yves Saint Laurent Fragrances test and got only very few among them that I was not attracted and most important of these is Kouros.
La Nuit is a very fashionable and classy perfume and for those who do not like to use ordinary fragrance is a good option.
Smoky, peppery and sharp fragrance and this is what exactly I was looking.
Point that is important is that the more I like the cologne that Dominique Ropion has played a role in it Like: La Nuit de l'Homme, CoSTUME NATIONAL HOMME, Geranium Pour Monsieur, Burberry London for Woman, etc.
Impatiently waiting for the next masterpiece will be Yves Saint Laurent!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Romantic or professional smell, but with lower projection than I like.
Floral and spicy, though normal. Not boring, just not anything special.
That's all there is to it really.
I like it though , it smells nice so it passes the test

santossan
santossan

By smelling this perfume on the sprayer, without spraying it, it gives to my nose a ’cinnamon + something other' scent. The 'something other' part I think is the 'feminine' scent in this fragrance, which last longer (and is hiding in the background until the 'cinnamon’ part is throneing) than the cinnamon.
After I tried it: I loved! the cinnamon part, which lasted on my skin about 3-5 hours, then it went into a smell, where there is less cinnamon, but more of this part, which I call the 'feminine (OK, let’s say unisex :D)' part of this fragrance. After discussing this fragrance with my younger sister (who is 24 years old, myself 27 years old), who tried this perfume often on her husband, I just got the conclusion (which to say to truth I was also aware after trying this woman-magnet art of perfumes), that exactly this combination (masculine + feminine scents in a men’s perfume) makes this perfume one of the most sexy (if not the sexiest) perfume on men on a romantic winter night. Perfect! Even my sister was not able to tell me why women find this so sexy on a men, why they love if a perfume for men includes ’feminine/unisex’ parts, but that’s a kind of psychology...or just fashion of the unisex perfumes? If the fashion of the unisex perfumes on a men and the taste/psychology of women are in relation to each other, I don’t know...
Just one thing more: In my imagination this is a so 'french perfume' (compared to Armani, which is kind of Italien feeling to me), a very sexy evening perfume for men. Definitely a buy to impress girls on a romantics winter evening.

Karhu

I would give it a "love" if only it lasted longer. This seems to be a common refrain regarding this great scent which disappears in a hurry!

JustinV
JustinV

It is a nicely blend fresh, fruity-flower scent on the top, and it dries down to some sweet-rose-syrup type of scent. When it is on the base, it is a vanilla, chocolate syrup type of scent.

It is good. Daily use actually, work, school, you can wear this. Girls will love it.

First time use, I got the attention of 2 ladies.

But practically, I don't enjoy it.

I was pitting this with an experiment.

I spray opium pour homme on the right arm and la nuit on left.

the la nuit dies faster than my opium.

I know I can't compare like that, I love both of them, but I love Opium a lot more.

Even so, I would give this the following:

Scent: 4 (good, i love it)

Sillage: 3 (comfortable, non offensive, gentlemen scent)

Time Length: 1 (bad on me, 4-6 hours)

Occasion: 5 (anytime, lucky for people who could use this and have good time length, but I enjoy this more at night)

Overall : 3.25/5

My Jack of all Trades for the night out (due to its poor longevity).

avocatul37
avocatul37

I bought this perfume and I love it. It is so masculine and I was complimented. It is luxury and mysterious.

naizzzak
naizzzak

i adore this magic coz this is the one brought me the biggest amounts of compliments >>>>particularly from ladys ....just i wear this i feel am bieng eaten by those chicks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawo it works well with them.

floriana
floriana

Evokes a picture of elegant, classy and self confident man in expensive and extravagant, verry elegant man.
Just on YSL way.
Scent is intriguing and mysterious, like one special evening.
Opens sharp, fresh and spicy, after becomes soft and tender.
The night is fall, and he appears.

k273
k273

Sweet. Powdery. Sensual. The first perfume I consider really applicable to man and woman. And a good one at that.

Karhu

Smells amazing - too bad I get such poor longevity and sillage on my skin!

denncita
denncita

I smelled this perfume when it came as a sample in one of my magazines. It only took one whiff to be seducted by this alluring scent.It reminded me of an elegant yet sexy man who knows what he wants. It also somewhat arouses me when I smell it (yes, it has that impact on me!) and I'm surprised it doesn't have some kind of hormone in it. I am a girl and I think that any man can pull this off and have all the females falling for him or at least intrigued by it's aroma. I will definitely purchase it for my dear husband!

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

Yes i know this and its older brother get some very negative comments but i think they are both fantastic fragrances. This one is modern and has a spicy mystery that is perfect on a cold winters night. i find the longevity excellent and when the spicy opening dries down after a couple of hours you are left with a sweet mellow scent that women love. A winner.

diorshowman
diorshowman

I don't really see what the big fuss is about the fragrance. So describe this as a sweeter version of the original L'Homme, but to me this is not sweet at all. To my nose this comes off as sour and flat. To me this smells like a mixture of Gucci Pour Homme 2 (tea note) and Narcisco Rodrigues For Him (the wet asphalt)...mic these two fragrances together and you get La Nuit de L' Homme. The projection and longevity on this is very weak and is on its way to disappearing four hours into the wearing. For me its a pass.

Longevity:C
Projection:B-
Uniqueness:B
Versatility:B
OVERALL: B-

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

got this one for a cnhristmas gift.I saw my wife snooping thru my arsenal of fragrances which is up to about 350 now. She didnt want to buy something i already have,& i am pleased with her choice for me which wasnt an easy thing to do. It's a warm & mysterious mix of spices with a lil sweetness thrown into it,making it perfect for these winter months.THANKS BABY!!!!!!!

Danishkid
Danishkid

I just got this for Christmas. And i really like it. It has a Nice spicy opening and ends sweet just Nice. And even though it is called la nuit i Think i will use it for day too. But i think it can be a little cloying if you spray on your neck but maybe thats just me..

dkmode83
dkmode83

Such a wonderfully crafted fragrance. Sweet-vanilla sweet scent, but not overly sweet. Very sensual and romantic scent. My Girlfriend absolutely loves this fragrance. Longevity and Sillage are average (6-10 hrs on my skin). Doesn't project too far but if oversprayed can be very cloying. One of my top 5 currently

masboi
masboi

beautiful scent, dry down is a master piece, good longevity 10 hours on my skin.
i think this is an all season frag.

Phytrox
Phytrox

This one really reminds me of apple pie with cinnamon... Odd that those aren't one of the notes, however, this is what it really smells like to me... Apples, dough and cinnamon. I can see it being very seductive and charming.

guest_SNOOPY
guest_SNOOPY

I like this one very much.while I can't pick out all the notes I can smell the cedar and lavender.it is sweet and smells a little like vanilla even though there is no vanilla in it the combination creates a vanilla drydown.My skin is dry so it doesn't last as long as I would like, stays close to the skin.Arkangel is right about application.similar to polo double black,the one, etc. pleasant ,safe choice.Worth the money.

piperis

the stars ... the haven ..... the moon in a botle,its the best for special times so choco so mastepiece so sexyyyyy so dark ,man whit styl mast have this perfumes

ahmed ehab

oh la nuit de l'homme where should i start ! im in an endless love story with you .

this perfume is magical , heavenly , and sensual.
im sniffing my wrist and im thinking this is how a devilish angel would smell like ! its like the male version of ange au demon exactly. its sweet , dark , mysterious , two faced and absolutley stunning.

im thouroghly impressed with yves saint laurent perfumes and la nuit is such a refined elegant fragrance that truley is one of a kind .

miguelbh
miguelbh

I love L'Homme... I really love it... Well, it was my duty try La Nuit de L'Homme... Wow!!! My impression: Some kind of turbo L'Homme!
Sexy and romantic with good silage and longevity (aplied 12:00 and 20:00 was there). I agree: some cross of Body Kouros and Armani Code, but i found some Dior Homme trail too.
I'm in heaven, in love...
Thanks YSL, great job!

A cross of body Kouros and Armani code, sweet and sexy for Romantic moments, close to the bed. Unfortunately the lasting is a big issue, first i thought i might have some problem with me or my bottle but my friend who just got a bottle from E bay few days earlier, came up with same issues. 2 to 3 hours or you need to over apply. I am Sad and Happy..

sherry99
sherry99

Very clean,fresh,romantic and sweet a bit heavy so i love it more, excelent for winters, nice sillage but not very good longevity 3 to 5 hrs. But still an ok scent for winter nights::)))

La Nuit de l'Homme is very woodsy. You have been warned. Woodsy yet clean, this fragrance does have that undeniable classic charm to woo the ladies.

I preferred this particular release over its original, L'Homme due to its darker nature. I like my men to smell mysterious, and this fragrance captures that essence well.

La Nuit de l'Homme may be simplistic, but its basic composition works well. Opening with peppery woods and a boozy rum-like note, this fragrance screams masculinity. A touch of soapiness appears a few seconds into the heart which hints that its wearer, although dangerous, is classy and cool.

Does this fragrance evoke a feeling of a night out on the town? I would say yes, however I'd also encourage those to wear it casually during Winter as well.

jakobi3000
jakobi3000

This is one of my evening favorites. I love the initial burst of raspberry, and then a spicy woody oriental and then a sweet gourmand-like vanilla and chocolate but not like A*Men because I hate that haha. has good sillage so dont spray too much! lots of compliments from the ladies!

Veedabestchef

I have to say this is a real winner to the ladies...no doubt about it..4 spray can lead to danger...women going nuts when i wear this...The ultimate fragrance...masterpiece, seductive, and powerful scent that can attract any women who get close...

Veedabestchef

Wow, this is a powerful fragrance. What i mean by powerful is that.very sexy, seductive and luxury smell.Its Its very romantic scent, and a hint of powder..Soft and a bit sweet.. A lovely fragrance..Definitely a must for special occassion or dates..Women love this stuff..Like a magnet chicks dig this to their nose..I actually wear this at work at restaurant in the kitchen..Works like crazy..i get 3 compliments..For me this is field as armani code, polo double black, and attitude extreme..Like romantic type of scent at night..And projection is crazy on me..4 hours i can still smell it like i just spray it on me it last about 6 to 10 hours..This is very alluring and very attractive scent.. And i love the advertising..It match for this fragrance...Thanks to YSL....10 out of 10 for me....

Damani Code
Damani Code

This & Polo Double Black smell very similar @ the base. This though has a very very nice opening of spice and vanilla. No lie, it smells like a batch of chocolate chip cookies with vanilla chips added, just sweet, yummy and attention grabbing. Very sweet and long lasting! I am curious to try L'Homme. Blind buy certified! Some may not be able to handle the spice, but the spice is more refined than double black's peppery open.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Powdery,sweet,cardamom,spices,gourmandish vibe.
Lavender is dominated here.
People seems to like it a lot.
Perfect for cold weather.
Longevity 8-10 hours with moderate projection.
Nothing to do with the original l'homme.

kugkng
kugkng

If I could have a mirror to reflect the scent not the image,this La Nuit de l`Homme will be an opposite side of my Ange ou Demon they both very similar in my OP if we mute all the floral note in the middle and the powdery trace in the end( but not distinctive enough )very dark smoky marvellous sexy and musculine.

moore_or_less
moore_or_less

Love it! If u like L'Homme, like I do, then u must have this. It has the beautiful nuance of L'Homme with more complexity and mystery. Love the vanilla and lavender as well as something spicy and oriental (could swear it's tonka!) that I cannot put my finger on. Synthetic or not, I think it's a must have.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Love it! Extremely sexy, great longevity, wonderful sillage. Very spicey with a smooth creamy vanilla. Perfect for a romantic night.

piperis

top !!!!!!!!!!!! the best for ysl perfumes best for winter nights go for it

hay81hay

La Nuit de l`Homme is kind of awesome, i really love it , its a little bit oriental , also that was mention in tester bottle.
longevity is ok.

notes as mentioned in tester bottle: cardmom, cedarwood, coumarin.

happy to add it to my collection.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

It is very similar to it's brother l'homme
but is darker and more exotic. Both are fresh and start the same,But Nuits evolves into something sensual while l'homme continues on it's fresh voyage. There is something in and l'homme and Nuits that makes me want to go hunt them down. They are both intoxicating and dangerous either one is a must have for anyone.

ahmed ehab

this is a very well done fragrance from YSL .
la nuit is one of those dark scents for a quiet classy man yet with great character.

its richer and with more spices than the original l'homme .

l'homme stays in the background but la nuit is more dry which makes it good for night and will do well in the winter. but wont say no in the summer either !

worth buying along with my favorite l'homme

svillatoro
svillatoro

I have the three L'homme collection..Great scents...

dm8m
dm8m

The perfect scent for night occasion & cold weather.

andy

ive come to the realization this, versace black jeans, burberry brit and armani code are SO identical but for some reason i prefer this because its so much richer and more mysterious definately a good scent and MUCH less sweet than all of those

perfect guy scent and i got it for 99 cents

guest_Scratchy
guest_Scratchy

Watched the YouTube ad clip that appears on the website. I have not had the same experience that guy does, with every woman wanting to fondle and smell me. But I think I've found my problem, though, I have not worn this fragrance with a white shirt open at the collar. Just wait until I do that!

guest_Federal_86
guest_Federal_86

A great fragrance, a very well combined way of ingredients. It makes me feel self confident. Don't know why, but it reminds me nuts. My new TOP ONE for the evening. If you want to be noticed in a clever and smooth way, that's the one.

guest_loco
guest_loco

no jodann esta siii es una fraganciaaa masizaaa,,,, las nenass se lo quieren comer a unooo.superrr lo maloo que muy carooo peroo de todos modos vale la penaaaa

andy

better than the stuff its tryin to remix its less sweet, more exotic rich woods and nice calmin spice with a GREAT drydown the other one is just too sweet for a guy to pull off and this stuff makes everything else smell like cheap deoderant

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

This cologne is gorgeous. There are a lot of sweet colognes out there... They smell like straight vanilla or amber. I have been searching for a sweet mans cologne that were still very masculine. I do not enjoy any Thierry Mugler colognes.

This is were my search ends! This cologne is perfect.
Because it is masculine and sweet.
I can understand why some may see anything sweet as feminine, but I would lean closer to any man wearing this!

It is easy to say that I am crazy over this one.
I do enjoy the original L'Homme, but not nearly as much as La Nuit!

guest_Ophelia.
guest_Ophelia.

I, and just about every woman I know, love this fragrance. It's masculine, and as far from axe as you get, thank god. It even smells good on me, and that's a pluss.

andy

it's a very complex masculine scent with some nice spices and woods and definately unique and on the level with the guccis, armanis and hermes scents IMO got a 99 cent 3.4 ounce bottle at a GREAT deal and was a great buy

sixthsense007
sixthsense007

A very disappointing fragrance from a house with some memorable scents.

It smells soft and luxurious (but totally powdery); then the fragrance simply recedes into the background.

Probably best reserved for the depths of winter to prevent rapid evaporation.

I am going to have to test this in a colder climate.

Neysa_marie
Neysa_marie

YUM!!! would buy this 4 my bf!

andy

the drydown is so good and the unique spices and caraway really give it a subtle sweetness without being too cloying like lots of spicy scents, but this is probably the most masculine dark scent i own and i highly reccomend it!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

★★★★★

I can now give my official review on Laurent's latest edition. It is magnetic! As they say, nothing beats the original but the two go head to head. Whereas they both hold their own categories. Nuit is like L'Homme's exotic cousin. This version took an oriental turn, and that has a lot to do with the tonka bean addition. Be mindful that Nuit is potent, too little or too much can take away from this attractive fragrance. I gave one of my arms a full squeeze of the sprayer cap and I'm convinced that I don't need anymore. So, for those of you who label this scent "cloying" or "overbearing," keep in mind that one should be generous when applying.

(5 Stars)

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Bright, masculine freshness combines with sophistication and nonchalance to create a fresh, yet deep and mysterious scent with notes of Cardamom, Cedar, and Coumarin—a structure of contrasting forces.
The main difference between this one and its sibling YSL L'HOMME is that it has much more vanilla. Wear L'HOMME during the day and LA NUIT at night.
The tone is bright, masculine freshness; the characters exude sophistication with nonchalance; the setting is mysterious as deepest night.

jonr951
jonr951

LOVE IT! Finally got to try it today at macys and i really want it! The bottle is awesome and i like the scent better then the original! Good job YSL!

sjanira
sjanira

I haven't tested the original but I love this one. It's soft, sensual and sexy. I end up wearing it more than my husband does. I think it suits me very well, like sugar and spice! I put this in the morning and by 4pm it still smells good with a softer vanilla, musky smell. It's masculine enough for a man but soft enough that a woman can wear it.

DC-8
DC-8

Nice smell as you try the tester. When you try it at home, it appears a bit intense, though after a while, it becomes milder and smells nice.

Longevity disappointed me, actually. I think the 40ml (travel) version is better to get so you can carry it for the parties and other special functions; Since the smell wont be faithful enough to support you from home until several hours later! :-)

As a whole, it is a lovely fragrance and nice for the fall season.

iMaverick
iMaverick

A darker, more sensual interpretation of the original, and yes it does do a play of contrasts between its warm sensual notes, and the brigher aspects of the original L'Homme.

It starts off very warm, but as the scent develops, it reveals more fresher aspects of the original. I like that.

Toni Lop below says this is a new trend in perfumery, but warm sensual and spicy notes were very popular in the late 80s right into the 90s until the market saturated itself with fresh and sporty aquatics in the new century. In actuality the latest trend is a move towards warm scents (again) and scents that have the "vintage" smell to them, that chypre-aromatic style without the heaviness.

The vanilla in the scent that warms the composition actually does a great job bringing out the woodier aspects of the original. As a preference of taste, I think L'Homme should've debuted this way, though it is still not for the masses, who now still prefer fresher notes.

Toni Lop
Toni Lop

La Nuit de l`Homme represents a quite new trend in perfumery: connecting strong manly notes with warmer sensual and spicy notes.

scenturian

It starts sweeter and darker than the original. When I sampled for the first time I got a lipsticky note which reminded me Dior Homme.
Edit:
Within last months I sampled many times more since I liked the original much. And I wasn't able to get that lipsticky note again, maybe a little powdery in the mid-notes, but still reminds me Dior Homme somehow, maybe cardamom and lavender.
It is somehow built upon the original, but spicier, sweeter, more woody and darker.
Eventually it is so sexy, hot and sensual scent. Suitable for fall and winter, definitely not for hot days.
Projection and longevity are super.

urobian
urobian

Interesting contrast between the green base with the warm-vanillic touch, manly, sexy and more than a night wear, this could be for many moments. Nothing new but what you can expect is a nice versatile fragance for romantique days..

steve_arm
steve_arm

Luxury and mystery.
Chocolateguy below describes it well, minus
the powder for me. And it is no that cloying, a very soft sweetness, you almost fell in love for it.
Totally a recommended buy.

Ericks
Ericks

I'm a fan of YSL's L'Homme so it was obvious that I'd gave this one a try. At first I didn't like it. The opening note resembles L'Homme but it's even more spicy and powdery. Soon it becomes rather strong on the vanilla. My girlfriend adores it so what the heck, I bought the 60 ml bottle. It's better in the evening or on cool/cold days. It certainly lasts longer than L'Homme but still not more than about 4 hours (unless you spray lavishly but which makes it too sweet). It's OK but L'Homme is still my favorite.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Better, sexier than the original. But this one's still lack of something that makes it special. I can't believe that YSL house can create such average scents like l'Homme and La Nuit de l'Homme. This "nuit", soft and smooth, a little sweet, a little powdery, with a very normal longervity. Suitable for romantique wear.

La Nuit de l`Homme by Yves Saint Laurent 4.43 out of 5 based on 3638 ratings and 587 user reviews

La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.0 oz
La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.0 oz
Eau De Toilette 2oz
La Nuit De L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
La Nuit De L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent - 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
La Nuit De L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent - 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz.
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette 1.3 oz.
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme 1.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 40ml 1.3oz
Cologne 3.4oz
La Nuit De L'Homme Frozen by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Cologne Spray 3.4 oz
La Nuit De L'Homme Frozen by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Cologne Spray 3.4 oz
La Nuit De L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Perfume.com
La Nuit De L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
La Nuit De L'homme Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme 2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz
Cologne 3.3oz
LA NUIT DE L'HOMME YVES SAINT LAURENT FROZEN for MEN by Yves Saint Laurent COLOGNE SPRAY 3.3 OZ
LA NUIT DE L'HOMME YVES SAINT LAURENT for MEN by Yves Saint Laurent EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz
Eau De Toilette
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette
Yves Saint Laurent 'La Nuit de l'Homme' Eau de Toilette
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Sephora.com, Inc.
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme - Edition Art 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Nuit de l`Homme by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Nuit de l`Homme by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.