Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne Yves Saint Laurent for men

La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent is announcing a new edition for men - La Nuit de l'Homme Frozen Cologne in March 2012, as an icy-cold fragrance appropriate for the upcoming summer. The fragrance aims at men who enjoy elegant, powerful and masculine compositions. The new successor arrives after La Nuit de l'Homme from 2009 and La Nuit de l'Homme Le Parfum from 2010.

Power of this fragrance reflects in icy-cold notes, in luminous sweet citruses and charming nuances of tart spices and wood. The composition opens with bergamot combined with mandarin and lemon. Citrusy opening is a cold and refreshing overture to cold and tart black pepper and geranium, while a base closes with a mixture of vetiver, cedar, tonka and cashmere.

The fragrance is available in the characteristic cylindrical flacon made of dark grey glass flacon with a hexagonal stopper. The fragrance will be launched in early March, as 50 and 100ml eau de cologne.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange

Geranium Black Pepper

Vetiver Virginia Cedar Cashmere Wood Tonka Bean

La Nuit de l`Homme

La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne Fragrance Reviews

periquito89
periquito89

The scent is most interesting when starts, but it's ok all the way throught drydown. It kind reminds me CH Men during this long fase, but as a mild and friendly version. I just had a short test with La Nuit long ago so that's not enought to make a good comparision but if you prefer sweet scents probably La Nuit is a keeper. Both are good anyway, and for me this one is more easy to wear.

papabear
papabear

I like the smell from my friend (La Nuit de l`Homme) but I buy this bottle (not see the word "frozen cologne") -__- ! feel different!!!! , I think i like the original one than this bottle

leohbarros
leohbarros

Hoy pude conseguir una edición de 60 ML , y la.partida es diferente a la nuit , más fresca y con tonos más citricos, a la.hora de aplicado se parece o es casi similar a las notas de la nuit, un perfume exquisito, quizás con un poco menos de fijación que la nuit , pero con cambios en sus notas principales lo que lo hacen un perfume versátil, lo puedes usar en la tarde para después dejarse caer en la oscuridad de la noche

Vondas
Vondas

I enjoyed the smell of the frozen, but the longevity and projection just didn't do it for me. It lasted a couple hours before becoming a very very close to the skin scent regardless of quantity or location of sprays. After owning it for a week I stopped wearing it and gave it to a friend who complained about the same problem. There is no kick to this cologne, it's just a watered down version of the original La Nuit. Go and buy the original. And I purchased it at a retail store not online, so no chance of it being a fake.

Scent 7/10
Longevity 4/10
Projection 4/10

smoj
smoj

after having this for a while, it's still 1/4 full as i dont wear it too much, compared to the original la nuit.

i did do a long winded review when i first got it and now i've had it for a while. nothing i said made sense. so here is a compact review.

opening - menthol, mixed with the original la nuit.

middle - weaker original la nuit

dry down - skin scent la nuit.

frozen colonge is cheaper. but just pay the extra 10 bucks and get a 70ml La Nuit EDT. FC lasts a few hours. EDT lasts a LOT longer, and has a beautiful opening, something i can't say or in my personal taste like at all in the Frozen

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I love this scent...and so does my wife. I haven't owned the original in quite some time and I'm a huge fan of it as well. Frozen doesn't last as long, 6 hours tops, and it's gone just like that. I like to have a few colognes that aren't complete beasts, I love wearing this around the house, lying in bed close to someone, meeting friends for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. I simply don't wear this if I'm pulling an all nighter it doesn't last. Every cologne, EDT, EDP, in my wardrobe plays it's part for me. This one plays it very well. I highly recommend FROZEN it's an amazing scent that I wear often and have received many compliments as well as ?s about it.

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

I own both this and the original. For the first hour, it's a spicier/harsher version of the original. The "frozen" smell is akin to the "ice" in icy hot. Basically a menthol vibe. After 2 hours, it's very similar to the original. It's very strong for 3 hours, but then it stays very close to the skin.

I disagree that this is a summer/day version of the original. It's a good night scent for the summer whereas the original is better in the winter for me. I just don't like spicy scents for the day.

WillRyanification
WillRyanification

Black pepper bomb. All I smell is black pepper and some sort of cypress, though it says nothing about cypress being one of the notes. Reminiscent of a winter forest, cold, fresh, and carried along by a frozen winter wind - definitely deserves the title "frozen cologne". It's a little too strong and astringent for me though.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Natural bergamot and Lemon. The lemon is bright and refreshing, but short lived and does not last more than one minute.

Dry down: Turns into the original La Nuit and becomes a oriental. The geranium is on top of the woody base that it comes off a little tarty. After a hour it becomes smooth and powdery, almost a little sweet touch to it too as the Tonka Bean plays through. As it wears out the pepper comes thru a little more.

Longevity: 4 to 6 hours

Projection: High, most wearing's people have noticed.

Overall: This is the same as the original La Nuit except the short citrus opening. The mid and dry down is dead on to the original and this remains to be a very sexy nightlife cologne.

Purchase: YES

Tchelo
Tchelo

I have the 'original' La Nuit and enjoy it a lot. So when I read the reviews about the Frozen Cologne, a little bit cooler and citric, I got really excited and bought a 100 ml bottle.
But here´s the deal:
I think the biggest difference between them both concearns the first 2 minutes or so, in which the Frozen Cologne has a citric opening with lemon and bergamont that are not present in the original one.
Once it fades away, its pretty much the same fragrance.
So, if you already have the original one, stick to it and spend your money in another fragrance. The first 2 minutes won´t make any difference.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I always ignored this little underestimated gem when I went sniffing some fragrances, maybe because it's labeled as a cologne or maybe because I own a absolutely love the original la nuit de l'homme.

Today, I decided to try it. I think I get where the word "Frozen" comes from, as, once you spray it on your skin, it's freezing... Litterally! lol!

Joking aside, Cologne is an understatement to this wonderful creation. It has enough substance from the original but enough substance to differentiate itself from it too! The main difference is the projection. This one is too subtle and wears close to the skin. However, in this case, this is not a bad thing as it has a good if not great lasting power. I have both this one and the original fahrenheit on my wrists, and this one outlasted fahrenheit on my skin!

In the end, this is a very good fragrance for casual and everyday wear when you don't want to smell too powerful. Plus, I think that it's so versatile that it works anytime, anywhere! Simply GREAT!

captainlb
captainlb

The only YSL fragrance I have ever owned, before this one was opium. Opium was beautiful a more complex Calvin Klein Obsession. Opium,I could not pull off,as beautiful as it was I never dressed the part.It was to formal. The YSL has the regular La Nuit homme and the Frozen La Nuit Homme. I chose the frozen, because of it's year round appeal.I live in Northern SC and the people I know in the business have not even heard of it. It has a spicy bite to it but I also smell geranium and a lite tone down of Vetiver.I like it, and like a small hand full of fragrances maybe four to five in the refrigerator. I love my Bvlgari aquas in there.I know, will it last as long,I can't possibly answer that because cause I will use my fragrances up rather fast. Man, It feels good and refreshing in the morning after your shower.OH,almost forgot,you can find in on the internet.Amazon etc.You will just have to say is it worth looking for? yes.L. Bullard

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

The strong bergamot opening notes made me think that this is the scent that "Cologne Guy" has in his regular rotation. This was a complete turn off and almost had me ready to put it in the scrubber category. But it eventually gave way to a woody/spicy/vetiver drydown that is quite pleasing and helped me understand why this is so highly regarded.

lbullard
lbullard

I love it. I will say it is year round for me that good.I think this may seem strange but I get the strength of lalique encre noir without the smoke. That is a powerful statement since the lalique encre is just unbelievable. I want be without it and will stay in my collection form now on.

nando80

Just got this on Ebay for a steal of a buy at $47 for the 100ml 3.4 oz bottle. Like others have mentioned it definitely resembles the original La Nuit, but with cooler notes for sure. The lavender and geranium make the difference but it is definitely still spicy. Just not as spicy as the original. The cooler notes makes this a great scent for the day with the same longevity as the original at least on my skin. Spray it a few times and definitely lasts 7+ hours. Love both scents and though similar, there is a distinctiveness in them. The EDC a day cooler more citrusy scent while the original just perfect for the spicier nightlife.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

Just received my Frozen Cologne and it really is breathtakingly gorgeous. The similarities between the original La Nuit Edt are apparent but the EDC happens to turn down the sweetness, replace the lavender with a lovely geranium note, and improve that oh so common cardamom top that has been duplicated (not perfectly mind you) numerous times, with a deliciously tempered assorted citrus top. Don't get me wrong, I still love La Nuit, but my biased opinion tells me I prefer this - especially considering that I only own the Frozen version. One knock against this fragrance is the longevity... 5 - 6 hours with average projection (The Edt definitely wins this category). As the fragrance dries down, this really starts to smell like a cinnamon pastry dish - very nice.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I tried Frozzen cologne and the La Nuit at the same time and had my mind made for the original one. Got he Le Parfum as well on line but never quite forgot the cologne for its beautiful geranium note, for me it is the major note altogether, so I am getting it also. But this is an eau de cologne and although the high quality of the ingredients tends to fool us thinking it is stronger it is not. On my paper strip it lasted for about 2 hours and the original 4 to 6 DAYS on my desk at home. Lavender all over the bedroom. great stuff. My first YSL was Jazz back in 1995 and since then I am a big fan.

tna11
tna11

This will be my most wear this summer 2013 we ride on! love ysl fragrance house! l'homme line is great! if not best of the greatest

alphaketo
alphaketo

"AMAZING" is an accurate description. It's like taking all the things you love about La Nuit and making it applicable for day-time use. So you can now enjoy it twice as much. I actually like this one a little better because it doesn't smell so much like a bakery.

marto96
marto96

AMAZING

Helsinki
Helsinki

Wow. This is a reference clove, no doubt! Fresh cloves all over the place. Not at all frozen like the name says. I'd say this brings warmth to Christmas season rather than claim it's a scent for summer heat.
My goodness the spices. The bottle looks gorgeous and I can imagine myself buying an empty one just to have a look at it every now and then.

Jwaks
Jwaks

@bcoops, I totally agree
Opens with cool geranium (much like the one in platinum egoiste) and smooth slightly acidic yet cool citrus, after about 10 minutes that settles and reveals a bit of la nuit's trademark sweet cardamom, wood and spice though toned down a notch or two. It's very elegant, smooth and cool, about 1/2 as sweet as it's bigger brother. A very nice addition to your collection if you're a YSL la nuit lover. Ideal version for day or spring and summer. I like it!

bcoops
bcoops

To me, this delivers exactly what it says... a EDC La Nuit with a nice cooling citrus top. perfect for fall/spring/summer. come to think of it, it might be a nice signature. Does this flanker have a place? Not if your going to pay full retail but getting a 100ml tester off the bay for $40 its a buy

RichiLew
RichiLew

To me it smells just like the original but with a citrus blast in the opening, I still love the whole l'homme line, they are definitely my go to fragrances.

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

Forget the ingrediants, forget the advertising, this fragrance takes time to corrctly unlock, about half an hour in truth, then magic prevails for several hours before a sanity returns that lasts twice as long again.
This has to be the fragrance of a Time Lord, the initial aroma was heavy on the geranium and blasted me with the present, but once the scent began to unlock I felt as though i had been transferred to a distant past, a wooded mountainous space where spices, fruits, moss, and other natural delights might abound. Also noted was a distinct musky mark that I percieved as being the smell of primitive man, something that might usually put me off but here seated itself well. After several hours the fragrance returns to the present, with a soft fruity and vetiver aroma.
Designing this for Summer is interesting, I would have thought that dark winter nights was far better, but I'm going to try it throughout.

yacoco
yacoco

Too soapy for me

trickykid300
trickykid300

This is VERY perfumey. It is the most flowery of their line up. I recommend going with any of the other ones before this one because it is just too much on the feminine side. You must test this before you buy it. I gurantee there are flowery scents that are more masculine. However the scent is very well done and I like it, but i would never wear it.

nando80

Been wanting to get this Cologne for a while now since it had been hard to find in the States.. Apparently not anymore. Before I purchase it, is it really that similar to La Nuit..? I am curious because if it is too similar I'll skip it and buy something else. Look forward to the feedback.

Atticushero
Atticushero

Projects extremely well for the first 20 minutes and then drys down extremely close to the skin and lasts about 4-5 hours. The original EDT is much better.
baby powder

Molko
Molko

A little bit feminine, spicy/sweet (cause of the pepper and geranium), perfect scent for autumn or winter, maybe a good Christmas present (for me). Very heavy and unique, it smells like a cake, so yummy, I need this, I want it:)

gama
gama

Wow, I was quite surprised by this. I have the original one and La Nuit. What caught my nose with this one is the beautiful top notes of Juniper, pine and citrus. It smells like a well made martini. Once it dries down you get the same notes as La Nuit and occasionally I will get a whiff of that martini smell. I love it. On me it lasts something like 5-6 hours. I have not timed it exactly but I just love the way it smells.

scottwayne
scottwayne

Still can't find it........

scenturian
scenturian

Starts citrussy and fresh then develops similar to the original in a less sweet and more masculine way.
Good alternative to the original for summer since it is hard to wear original during hot days.
Longevity and projection is good but less than the original.

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

Gorgeous frosted bottle!

I tried this a couple weeks ago, and was actually really surprised by it. It lasted forever, I could still smell it on my wrist the next morning.

It has a softer, slightly powdery essence on me, but not in a feminine way. It's delicious really... I've had La Nuit de l'Homme on my wishlist for some time, and this new flanker did almost have me second guessing if I should get this instead... but I still think I will opt for the edt.

micrtin
micrtin

I am increasingly into YSL, as I find their releases for the L'Homme line and La Nuit are all amazing, and I think this one is the best, among "flankers". I am sure some will actually prefer this one over the original La Nuit. It might even be viewed as slightly more masculine
I don't know if it is just on my skin, but for me the parfum version was very weak in projection, whereas as the orignail La Nuit has the most projection of all and is very sweet.
Frozen is a bit more versatile. I bought it today and the salesperson told me it has most of the same notes as La Nuit, but some "cooler" notes have been added and is better suited for summer. I agree and would use La Nuit in winter or as a night out scent and this in summer.
I think the result is a well blended fragrance, which is a bit less in your face than La Nuit, but still holds its own in terms of origniality and strength

I have tested it twice, and it has a little bit less (not much) projection than LaNuit, but actually lasted longer! On one occasion I could sill smell it the next morning! that is really outstanding, however it does morph after several hours into somewhat.. semi-marine kind of smell, at which point the opening that's is similar to original La Nuit is gone.
I highly recommend trying this one, one of my new favorites

katsuki_miml
katsuki_miml

I am waiting in San Francisco International Airport right now, and one of the big shop carries it. I think the shop is called Gallery or something.

The shop only carried 1 size, and they said they just recently put it on the shelf. It was either 60ml or 100ml. I am not sure because I didn't look at the label on the bottom. It is definitely bigger than 50ml, but the bottle is slightly smaller than other 100ml L'Homme bottles. I searched online, and I could only find 60ml being sold in UK. That's why I thought it could be a 60ml.

They are selling it at the shop for $61 USD plus tax. (Rather cheap if it was 100ml)

It smells really good, and it reminds me of a type of candy (not a bad thing IMO). The combination of pepper and citrus here is reallllllly good. (or it could be the flowers that I am smelling, not the citrus. I don't have an awesome nose, but I know it smells great) I have the original L'Homme and it is one of my favorite. I don't like the Libre or the La Nuit De L'homme, but I am pretty sure I will buy this one too. I was very close to getting it at the shop, but then I thought I could probably find one cheaper online.

I cannot comment on the longevity or projection, since I only smelled it on a test strip. However, I took the strip with me over an hour ago, and it still smells the same. I think it is too elegant to wear it during the day, so I'd say this is a night fragrance. I don't know how good is the projection, so I can't say if it is good for summer or winter. As I think for winter fragrances, it requires a stronger projection to achieve the same effect.

I have over 20 colonge. Scent wise, this is definitely my top 5. My other top choices are:
D&G The one,
YSL L'Homme,
Dior Homme (EDP or EDT),
L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme.

nando80

After L'Homme Libre becoming one of my favorite fragrances if not my favorite right now and enjoying the other YSL scents such as La Nuit de L'Homme and L'Homme, I've been searching for this one. Have not had any luck finding it locally or online through big recognized retailers here in the States. Even Nordstrom doesn't carry it yet.. Hope to find it soon..

Update:

See that some sellers on Ebay out of the UK now have it.. Need some sellers in the States to get it!!

spcmiller
spcmiller

I am going to preface this with the fact that I am a HUGE YSL fan, and have every single L'Homme flanker ever produced.

I received a sample of this a week ago from a friend in Protugal, and then I received today a bottle that I ordered from Ireland. I guess I'm the first to test this out, or at least publicly acknowledge that I've tried it. It starts out a little brighter than La Nuit, I assume that's due to the multitude of citrus fruits in the top notes. Then, after about an hour, calms down to a lighter, less intense version of the original. The geranium is prominent toward the middle, and is tempered by a slight note of pepper: lost if you don't pay very close attention. I'm still waiting for this to finish, but I get a pretty decent longevity on it thus far, with an average lasting time of 4-5 hours.

I guess it would be fine for a date or something similar. I'm going to wear this to work tomorrow and see how my co-workers react. My guess is it'll be a mixed bag, with most women thinking it's alright.

benjililin
benjililin

This HAS been released in the Perfume Shop, for all UK people on here :)
I'll buy myself a bottle in a few days

RisskItt
RisskItt

So I just got word that Nordstrom is the only place thst will carry the new YSL Frozen..at least in the US. Which is pretty lame if you ask me

Grantz7
Grantz7

I got a sample today of this, for me the best way to compare this LA NUIT FROZEN with the LA NUIT ORIGINAL, is looking for ALLURE HOMME SPORT and ALLURE Homme, for the conceptions are very similar in my opinion, I have these four perfumes and already had the opportunity to compare between them, essentially replaced warmer notes by cooler notes, but kept the original skeleton, longevity on my skin is the same that LA NUIT oRIGINAL which pleased me greatly, because it is a perfume for summer nights the projection is not as good as the LA NUIT ORIGINAL that in my opinion is perfect, q have no doubt will be my perfume of summer nights 5 *
longevity 10/10
projection 8/10
scent 10/10

jacob.kizirian,...
I'm absolutely sure it was not a fake bottle.
Impecable design, really fruity and spicy smell.

I mean... I'm just comparing the two La Nuit (EDT and Le Parfum), and the EDT has better fixation and projection.

I just forgot to put it in my 1st comment.

The EDT is pretty loud, I guess. Hehe

For me, it was a mix between Burberry London and Original La Nuit EDT.

soleroc
soleroc

Hello all,

Can we say enough with the flankers? Please? Seriously, now... This is a "flanker of a flanker!" The first one (Le Parfum) was not up to par and now we are to believe that this one is supposed to be? WTF?! ...AND, it looks like it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with its predecessor! Thanks, but NO THANKS!

*slightly annoyed but very frustrated sigh*

Thanks again,

JJ

bp
bp

I really like the concept of this perfume.
I love the scents that convey a sense of cold.
The olfactory notes seem to me excellent, with an excellent combination in the different stages of the perfume.
I am eager to try it.
I'm sure is good... Don´t forget, that's YSL... Perfection...

EseveN

I hope this one will smell better than its predecessor.

Le Parfum wasn't very nice (too close to the skin, and poor longevity).

I just love the 'original' La Nuit !!

La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent 4.27 out of 5 based on 234 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.