Designers » T-Z » Woody « Groups

M7 Fresh Yves Saint Laurent for men

M7 Fresh Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

oud
M7 Fresh Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures M7 Fresh Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent is a Woody fragrance for men. M7 Fresh was launched in 2004. Top notes are mandarin orange, florida grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are ginger, agarwood (oud) and bitter orange; base notes are tahitian vetiver and musk.

Mandarin Orange Florida Grapefruit Bergamot

Ginger Agarwood (Oud) Bitter Orange

Tahitian Vetiver Musk

M7 Fresh Fragrance Reviews

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@Waldo Van Horst: FANTASTIC recommendation.... I tried it in my room in a very cool and air conditioned setting.... This, paired with Tom Ford's Oud Wood is absolutely INSANE! I loooooove it! I've NEVER been one much for layering, but THIS us a pretty awesome concoction...!!!

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

One of my more sophisticated and most noticed scents. The kind you keep sniffing out fo another whiff. I prefer this to the original M7. Cleaner but still rich and complex. Was the.overall highest rated frag on basenotes.

Waldo Van Horst
Waldo Van Horst

I like this fragrance for daytime, but layered with 1/3 of Tom Ford's Oud Wood creates one of the most complimented fragrances i wear, really beautiful!

muzzbait
muzzbait

yep, no 'oud' whatsoever...
this smells like aqua di gio (armani). nothing bitter or resiney or smokey about it at all...

Suvi23
Suvi23

Another great discontinued perfume, so unfortunately it is hard to find and also expensive.

Hmm. Where to start? First, I like M7 very much. Is it love? Soon I will tell you in my review at M7's page. But, let's get back to M7 Fresh. I was very sceptical because I could never imagine how oud could fit a summer fragrance. Well, I have got my answer. Absolutely easily and well. It opens with a fantastic oud-lemon combo, with a little mandarin orange. Gorgeous. Bitter orange and ginger work brilliantly together in the middle and vetiver with musk make the drydown also very good.

M7 Fresh has made a new category in summer fragrances in my opinion. Do you not like fresh, summer fragrances? Try M7 Fresh. Do you like fresh, summer fragrances? Try M7 Fresh. You could be in either category, I am almost sure you will be pleased. I did not know how the masculine, unique, oud bomb M7 could be converted into a woody-fresh scent, but Yves Saint Laurent gave it a try and I think they succeeded.

Longevity is not bad, I get 7 hours with a moderate projection which lasts for about 3-4 hours. I have not got a full bottle yet, but as soon as I see a great deal on it, I will buy it in 2 seconds. I want this to stand next to my M7 on my shelf.

Projection: 7/10
--------------------
Overall: 23/30

AndrewMoc
AndrewMoc

Definitely no Oud in my sample that I can sense.

Pretty sure this smells identical to an Axe body spray. One of the classic first few that came out in the US.

Expensive Axe body spray. Phoenix or Tsunami for sure

psychocandy
psychocandy

After getting M7, I blind bought this flanker... I was not disappointed. They are very different, however, I don't find them completely unrelated. M7 Fresh starts out with effervescent, almost 'fizzy' bitter fruit, dries down to relaxing wood and citrus. This is my 'productivity' scent, I wear when I need to get work done or focus on creative projects. Its uplifting and wakes up the senses, must be the ginger. M7 on the other hand puts on the brown-tinted aviators and seduces the senses.

M7=Cherry Dr. Pepper & Incense
M7 Fresh=Squirt & Dry Woods

STRAG
STRAG

I am so pissed that this is not available anymore in my country! Very woody and musky, sensual and fruity scent, I wouldn't call it masculine though, for me it is unisex.

Brenao
Brenao

The opening remember me the golden color, very woody, heavy but pleasent and unique, I like it a lot, you can smell the oud. Manly and the best ysl besides opium. One of best woody fragrance out there, good longevity too

fuggerone
fuggerone

hot springtime afternoon, bathed in it, a confident sexy man from another time!!! yes! this gem was cut out!

steve0580
steve0580

The dry down is identical to Yardley Citrus and Wood.

gd15329
gd15329

I could also test this one yesterday (only 2 bottles left - I was told). It is a VERY VERY NICE citrus fresh fragrance yet oud sophisticated(oriented if you prefer). I loved it.
It will definitely give you a "WOW" moment.

PROBLEM: To my disappointment it doesn't last long...

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

Endymion
Endymion

I've been wearing this tonight. Even though I love the smell, longevity and projection sucks!
I sprayed lavishly on myself an hour before leaving and when I met a friend of mine I asked him about the fragrance I was wearing, but nor him neither me could hardly smell the scent of it.
Extremely watered down. Shame! :(

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Just blind bought that one and thank god they had it in my country(Greece) as its more difficult to find it from M7....
Welll....U can clearly smell M7 here in the initial spray and its remaining in the backround for the all stages of the frag,but its very hidden especially in the drydown...The cherry syrup of the original is replaiced by a HUGE orange/lemon/bergamont syrup now giving it a very unique and a very different vibe from regular M7...Its definetely a fresh and mostly summery frag PERFECT for hot temperatures+having the signature M7 oudy ''Touch" makes it among the MOST UNIQUE AND INTRESTING fresh scents.I hate fresh perfumes but that one is different from the mass although THE HUGE orange opening annoys me a bit cause its very sharp and clean...
The drydown is PERFECT little of M7 and some of the spicyness of the ginger....
Im giving all my points on this on its uniqueness.It really stands out making the fresh genre a bit more intresting for me BUT as i said too much fruity harsh opening,not sweet but a bitter sweetness...
Longetivity is average on my skin its 6 hours and still smelling it but a bit.So i say you can get like 5-7 Hours on this one...
Projection is HUGE in the first 30-45 mins and then calms A LOT deep in the skin....
Overall im happy that i ve found a frag that i can really enjoy wearing in summer cause im used to wear all time around(winter summer) M7 joop and heavy frags that i mostly prefer...It will be nice for a change.
Note that ALL fresh(mostly) and oud lovers out there u gonna love this juice!

Overall score:8/10

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

This was one of the best blinds that I purchased. I think this perfume a good option to start to familiarize yourself with Aoud. M7 Fresh does very well for warmer days, I went to a barbecue with him and got a good deal of time taking smoke near the grill when the fragrance out of the smoke was there, designing and maintaining integrity. I know the traditional version of the M7, but this fragrance is powerful and is a great option to get away from traditional aquatics and citrus. It is one of my favorites for days, along with Gucci and YSL L'homme II.

Opens with notes of Aoud coupled with bergamot and orange. This openness and designs! After about 15 minutes I feel the traces of ginger and vetiver. Basically this is what I feel. Aoud very citrusy note. This citricidade will disappear and then evolves with a little ginger and vetiver. The note Aoud remains all the time.

Scent: 9.5 / 10
Projection: 7/10 (projected very strong in the first hour)
Longevity: 8/10 (I've seen comments criticizing the establishment, but to me it lasted 10hrs for sure, maybe a little more, very good performance for a perfume for day)
Age to use it: +25 years
Versatility: 9/10 (If you do very well for both day and night).

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

This is basically M7, but toned down and with a strong grapefruit note added. This is a summer version of M7, basically. I may be disagreeing with the majority, but personally I found this to be average at best - no better than the hundreds of other humdrum colognes sold at malls.

gio
gio

pleaseeeee dont say discontinued :((((( amazingggg

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

Perhaps I would like the original better-- the bitter orange opening is too harsh for my taste. After that subsides, it is very musky and masculine, I see why Tom Ford wanted a hairy naked man in the ads for this stuff. It makes me think of the best masculine qualities of some 70s/80s frags without the suffocating aromatics/flowers.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Agreed with costaleo. Fantastic of the beginning to the end. One of my favorites fragrances, AMAZING, MASTERPIECE. Longevity is good on my skin too.

Sillage: 6/10
Fragrance: 100000/10

sparkyman
sparkyman

Another blind buy based upon reputation, and the desire to evaluate it as a possible pre-cursor to M7 itself.

When I first tried this last night, there was no doubt it was something special. I've yet to find words to describe it adequately, but then others here have done so far more competently than I ever could. What I can say is that I am absolutely enamoured with it.

Two squirts and a definite Citrus top during the commute. Compliments abound at work this morning. Sat at my desk, pulses of deep sensuous pencil shaving darkness making me sit up & take notice (is this Oud ?) - still can't find words, but don't feel I have to ! Intoxicating & sumptuous - I'm certain it induced a drug like state of mind - amazing.

Sadly, it did seem to dissapear quickly, but hey - what a ride it was ! Can't wait for the next trip.....and the move up to the harder stuff.

Deny1980
Deny1980

longevity 5/10 (about 2.5~3hours on my skin)
projection 7/10
scent 10/10
Very masculine with nice grapefruit and ginger notes BUT...Completely disappeared after 3 hours!

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

More evidence to support the fact that Yves Saint Laurent makes high quality fragrances. The composed citric fruits and spices that are also found in the original M7 are blended so well together and prove that M7 Fresh isn't just another faceless, soulless flanker to fill somebody's pockets. The sharing of two opposite fields (citric/watery & masculine/woody) make M7 Fresh a fascinatingly original summer rendition.

Karenin
Karenin

A lighter version of M7. The grapefruit note is blended very well in this one. It´s a summer scent that definitely stands out from the crowds of other summer fragrances. My only objection is its longevity- doesn´t last longer than 2-3 hours on my skin.

K1
K1

The scent is satisfactory for those who cannot bear M7, but for the fans it doesn't satisfy because the longevity is poor unlike the ancestor. Lightened M7 and not so genuine that much.
Opens with the same mood as m7 with fruity chilly and powdery dry and lacks heavy hot agarwood, comparing to M7. Starts out with citric undertone in woody oriental pattern which smells so pure and more transparent than M7 with less booze.
Still is sexy and charismatic and so so rich and prosperous, complete and a little tart and biting.

longevity 6/10
sillage 9/10
scent 10/10

silentrich
silentrich

Starts out with a huge burst of orange. Transitions to the orange/Oud, and the base is a woodsy/oud/orange. One of the longest lasting orange fragrances I've ever tried. This is fresh, sexy, and masculine. Great for summer and one of my favorite fragrances.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I don't know M7 too well (a friend of mine introduced me to it) but this fresh version reminds me of the original, only not so intense and oriental.
The agarwood is present right from the start, combined with a bitter grapefruit and bergamot combo, very nice.
The middle and base notes make it more earthy, aromatic and woody with ginger, stronger oud, vetiver and musk.
Pretty long lasting (6-7 hrs) on my skin with good sillage (I had a few compliments that 'it leaves a smooth trail behind', after 5 hrs wearing).
Overall, an original and fine combination of notes for me (since I don't have M7) and a valuable addition to my collection. Glad I found it, as it's a limited version. My humble rank 7.5/10. ☣☣☣

costaleo
costaleo

Great fragrance. I dare to say it's one of my favorites. It's not so fresh, if you look at it separately from its "father". When you think of M7 yes, it is FRESHER, but it does not mean it's a watery version... it's as rich and with its own characteristics... I love M7 and I learned to love it through M7 fresh. I hope they never discontinue this because it IS the best YSL out there.

lovescully
lovescully

As much as I love M7 and I don't think this really compares to the sheer audacity of the original; as a standalone fragrance I really do love M7 Fresh.

Imagine for a moment that there was no M7. What would you make of M7 Fresh? I think you would be hard pressed to find a more original and interesting fragrance that crosses the line between sweet/smoky herbal and fresh fruity spicy masculine fragrance. The fresh grapefruity opening makes this a completely different offering from YSL that manages to cross that line.

Maybe YSL’s L’Homme comes close, but that frag has a synthetic quality to it that M7 Fresh doesn’t. I guess it’s the agarwood (oud) and bitter orange oils that lend this one a certain natural quality.

I’m just pissed off that I only bought the 50ml instead of the 100ml! Don’t be deceived by negative reviews of this one based solely on the original M7’s brilliance. This one proudly stands on its own.

Apparently it's been discontinued, so grab a bottle while you can.

rafflesia
rafflesia

This one reminds me of Ormonde Jayne Man... Not as plush and creamy-smooth, not as natural-smelling, a bit fruity instead of green like OJM, but still very nice.

kjuba
kjuba

disgusting, to much citrus.
m7 is great, but m7 fresh its terrible

I just got it today from a blind purchase. Having an interest in Agarwood, I want to give this flanker a try. I am still testing this one and so far it's very masculine! I can't imagine how strong the original M7 is, but this version is still quite strong even with a hint of fresh citrusy notes. It reminds me of James Bond; masculine, sexy, smokey, boozy, and interesting, but not quite old fashioned nor very modern either. It has a nice dry bitterness that doesn't bother me. it's definitely not for a young crowd. I am gonna need to spend extra time with it, and I will soon add an additional comment.

guest_Muncho
guest_Muncho

Amazing cologne. Real masculine no-nonsense smell. I think it is irresistibly sexy.

hay81hay
hay81hay

add fresh to the name M7 is tricky , they only took out the important part of it (oriental touch) then launch it again ,
its similar to the original but let me admit that the original M7 is much better.

i usually appreciate the special edition of any ysl but not here

agree with almost review about it , opining citrus , musky/woody drydown .
Sillage and longevity not great as the original.

for me the original M7 is a masterpiece but this one just fine.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Al most the same M7(original) with poor longevity and projectio,.Though a bit fruity and watery in the begining,But still my love is the real m7.for this

missan
missan

Wonderfully designed agarwood cologne. Every note is natural, from the grapefruit, the ginger and the base of agarwood and vetiver.
Very long lasting.

A masterpiece.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

M7 fresh is regarded as a lighter version M7 with citrus notes. I can probably live with it if vetiver did not dominate and made me feel dizzy. I have to admit that it is really not for me.

Sillage is poor and longevity is incredibly short on my skin.

All in all. 2/10 for me. Thank you for reading :)

snitchings
snitchings

this is the kind of perfume that is more aimed at over 60's than young men.

Very unlikely to get compliments...

Even some azzaro perfumes (which my grandad uses) smell better than this flop.

EDIT-
No wonder it got discontinued.

vdxl
vdxl

A very interesting flanker of M7. Similar in the basenotes, but the top notes are awesome: fruity without smelling like candy( I perceived a vague similarity in the top notes with the classic Paco Rabanne- XS). Really long lasting and sensual, it is great all year round. Moreover, not many of us wear it, so it is great and highly addictive.

AJ73
AJ73

Very nice cologne. Simple and Fresh. One of the few western colognes that is centered around Agarwood or Oud. After the freshness this oud becomes one with my skin and realy adapts to me. Friendly.. is the word that comes to mind. After "Live Jazz" YSL ones again brought me something very special and personal.

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

Great smelling fragrance unfortunately lasts about 1 minute on me :(

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

It's the better choice for those of you that think the regular M7 can be too strong and powerful. Has the same dry down without all of the chaos and strength in the middle. A very nice choice with comments from ALL types of people and ages.

vertigo
vertigo

fantastic!
tart, manly, arresting.
go with this one if you find M7 too strong :)

flannelman
flannelman

Very pleasant woody and musky fragrance, less heavy/intensive than M7. Nice grapefruit and ginger notes.

afraafra
afraafra

Similar but more fruity opening than M7, same great musky/woody drydown

M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent 4.13 out of 5 based on 192 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent M7 Fresh fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent M7 Fresh, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.