Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Majestic Rose Yves Saint Laurent for women and men
dislike

oud
Majestic Rose Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures

"..the dense blossom of May rose releases its majestic seduction through delicious honey-scented notes. The texture of its petals is warmed by spicy and vibrant saffron accord. The flower is drenched in notes of raspberry and is then lost in the darker folds of a balsamic oudwood accord, blended with a boldly smoked essence of guaiac wood." Majestic Rose was launched in 2013.

Saffron Rose Raspberry Agarwood (Oud) Guaiac Wood

Mukhalat Malaki
Honey Oud
Ballerina No 3
Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie

Majestic Rose Fragrance Reviews

Evenblondernow
Evenblondernow

I tested Majestic Rose two years ago before getting on a 10 hour flight. I fell in love immediately and was amazed with the longevity of this beautiful jammy rose. A year later, I was in Munich and saw Majestic Rose on a display. I sprayed and spent the rest of the day obsessively huffing my arm. Fast forward to a week ago. I had a couple of glasses of wine, did a quick search for Majestic Rose and found a bottle for 154€. Clicked "buy" and waited with baited breath!! My package came yesterday. I tore into it and sprayed, waited a minute and sniffed..."oh, crap!" Yeah, that was my first reaction. First spray was an acrid, dry OUD. In your face, screaming oud...nothing else. Instantly, I thought of the Lauder scent, "Amber Mystique". Didn't hate that, but after a few months sold it since the oud was far too prominant. Majestic Rose starts with no discernible rose notes (for me). It takes a good 20minutes for the oud to settle and the rose to enter the picture. This is an incredibly elegant rose...quite beautiful...but not the boozy, thick rose I remembered. Had I paid 75€ for this bottle, I might be more thrilled. 154€ is a boatload of money. I am wearing Majestic Rose today with a skirt and cashmere sweater. I am hoping to fall in love with what I smell today. I love and own a plethora of rose fragrances. I can't smell saffron on its own...I'm assuming it is what softens the oud and allows the rose to take center stage. Calligraphy Rose by Aramis is a MUCH thicker, sweeter, more dense rose, but definitely in the same category. Majestic Rose might be the summer and Calligraphy Rose the winter version. My lesson here though...don't drink and blind buy!!!!!!!!!
Edit: I have worn Majestic Rose 4 times now. The first 20 minutes are hard to handle. Medicinal and Band Aid like. Not pleasant on my skin. Then the beauty of the fragrance comes to light. I find Majestic Rose to last about 5-6 hours, so not a beast as I had anticipated. I get compliments and it does smell "expensive", but still, I find the price to be unreasonably high for what you get.

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

This a youthful feminine rose oud. The saffron adds the youthfulness and it has a bit of nail polish vibe to it. The rose is sweet, enhanced by raspberry, and the oud kind of sits at the base solidifying it all. It's a nice smell for a single 25-30 year old working woman, but I couldn't see a guy pulling this off. There's deeper rose oud scents that men can wear, like Armani prive rose d'arabie or Tom ford noir de noir. This is almost strictly a young women's perfume. That being said, it smells very sexy and playful, and if I were approached by a girl wearing this I would be entranced.

Edit: I'm wearing this side by side with TF Noir de Noir and the big difference is Majestic Rose goes feminine and sweet with the saffron and raspberry whereas NdN is more sensual and smooth with the patchouli and vanilla. It's the same type of Oud/Rose vibe but one is more spring the other is more winter. Majestic rose is definitely an awesome scent and full bottle worthy.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

طلسم در این خانواده وبا این شیشه فریبند بسیار موجود است اما این دست گل بسیار زیبا وپر رایحه رؤز توانسته در قلب مهمانی شب شما نقش بسیار پر اهمیتی اجرا نماید.

فریب خواهید خورد و تشنه این رایحه خواهید شد

JasminJ
JasminJ

It's so strange how a fragrance you thought is more suitable to other people or perhaps you believed that it's not your type began to hit on you. Slowly you gravitate to this spell the fragrance has on than you until you can't resist it anymore and be damned with the price, the heart rules the mind and you finally bought it for yourself! Yes you fell in love with it very much to your surprise!
Bought Majestic Rose for my mum initially. I thought it to be quite mature fragrance and a tad bit too strong for me but now it's just perfectly right! A bit overwhelming at the beginning but the sillage and longevity on my skin is wonderful. It's just a very flattering feminine fragrance. Just my personal opinion.

Mooyizz
Mooyizz

Im very male. I wear this and love it a lot. especially for special moments and my wife gets tickled whenever I wear this

christianne1
christianne1

Majestic Rose took 3 wearings for me to realize how truly majestic it is. An absolutely gorgeous rose mixed with a smoky guaiac wood plus oud and saffron and just enough raspberry to sweeten it a bit which makes it slightly on the feminine side of unisex. Don't get me wrong it is still unisex but more female friendly than a lot of ouds of this type. It is sort of like a slightly sweeter and more rosy and smokier version of Oud Ispahan. They are fairly similar but this one has way more rose. I love Oud Ispahan but I may possibly like Majestic Rose even more.

The more I wear Majestic Rose the more it grows on me and I find it to be one of the best and most interesting rose ouds I have ever tried. Yes, it is expensive but it also smells it. Lasting power and sillage is outstanding. High quality in every possible way. I can't get enough of this beauty.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I tried this scent with great anticipation and it was a great disappointment. It opened with some promise with a nice rose and a bit of fruit but everything was immediately overtaken by a very rotten decaying oud scent that overpowered every other note in the fragrance on my skin. It smelled disgusting. There is no other word for how this smelled on my skin. It smelled like rotten garbage and mold, really bad to my nose. I waited an hour for it to get better and it did not, so this was a scrubber for me.

Fabien77
Fabien77

Very good: sweet oudy rose. Very expensive, though. those who want a substitue, go for Midnight Rose Lancôme.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Gorgeous raspberry all the way through. The rose and the oud are quite smooth along with the saffron. I agree its close to many other rose oud combos, but with a kick of raspberry. It is quite a western take on an oud oriental, good place to start if strong ouds are a bit too much for your liking. I really like it, dunno if I would pay retail price for it, simply cos it is very expensive and I need to pay rent. But maybe Ebay:-)

Majestic Rose is nothing new made in a great way.
We have plenty of pretended ros+oud combo. That has become a trendy case, but YSL made it better. It's a perfect balance between rose and oud. Unisex, can be worn by anyone with a taste for oriental perfume.
It smells elegant and comforting like valuable things that are sure in life.
The notes are similar to many Montale based on rose+oud and as a fan of Aoud Queen Rose, I cannot help making a comparison.
YSL is more luscious and soft, where AQR is mostly about rose and it can be a little screechy.
Longevity is good and the perfume stays true till the end. Lovely. I'll avoid consideration about the price and the actual content of natural stuff.

nayesha
nayesha

This fragrance is out of this world , I wear cartier baiser du dragon and also valentino valentina oud ! This ysl is perfect , it has it all ! Not too sweet not too woody not too flowery , the mix is made to perfection , perfect harmony ! Sexy captivating ! By far my favourite of all 3 ! I've adopted this as my signature fragrance , i am in luv ! It is a little pricy but well worth every penny !

Plrowden
Plrowden

Majestic Rose is exactly what it proclaims to be. A wide, arms open, come embrace me rose. It is lush, handsome and beautiful at the same time. Feminine? Masculine? You decide. On me it is lush, velvety and has a definite come hither quality. All the while, it is still holding something back, Is it the oud? Is it the guaiac wood, is it the saffron? A mystery only you can solve. I am entranced and taken back to more evocative times, which I can't even remember. What I do know is that this is a superlatively blended , mysterious and yes, majestic rose.
Sillage is moderate to heavy
Longevity on me is long lasting

iloveperfume1992
iloveperfume1992

Just love this unusual smell! Love! Love! Woody rose, very sexy, long lasting.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Does what is says on the tin. A pretty and elegant rose. Priced at a mere (*ha*) £185. I think I'll spend my money on a holiday instead.

meama
meama

Rose+Oud, hum original...ok, why am i so cynical even before have try this perfume?
"Your attention please, Rose+Oud n°1437 is awaiting in all perfumery, n°1437 please"

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Majestic Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Majestic Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Majestic Rose by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Majestic Rose by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.