Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Manifesto Yves Saint Laurent for women

Manifesto Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

I have it: 701 I had it: 151 I want it: 849 My signature: 24

Manifesto Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Manifesto Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Manifesto Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Manifesto is a new women's perfume from Yves Saint Laurent, coming out on the market in late August 2012. The perfume is described as spontaneous, free spirited and courageous; a scent full of passion and emotion.

The face of the perfume is actress Jessica Chastain, who declared: "Yves Saint Laurent is a brand that inspires me deeply. Since its creation, the brand has conveyed strong values that I cherish, such as unwavering commitment, absolute love and feminine audacity. The new fragrance is an emblem of it all."

The composition is developed by Anne Flipo and Loc Dong. It starts off with fresh green wave, bergamot and black currant. The heart includes accords of white flowers such as Sambac jasmine and lily of the valley. The base is woody and slightly oriental and captures notes of cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum.

Black Currant Bergamot Green Notes

Zara Night Eau de Parfum

Manifesto Fragrance Reviews

nightcat23
nightcat23

To my nose smells like a grown up version of Britney Spears Fantasy. YSL is high quality and this is a long lasting strong vanilla bomb. I really like it. It's a more mature vanilla for people who don't want to smell like a candy store. It's very well done. This is how I'd expect a good perfume house to make a high quality vanilla.

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

Absolutely beautiful, timeless vanilla. I'm in love. <3

bora8413
bora8413

"THE ULTIMATE -MANIZER".
After spending some time watching Gigi Gorgeous, although her channel isn't ideal, I've been lured into smelling this fragrance. She states not a lot of people enjoying the fragrance, but she lusts over it and I simply have the feeling our smelling buds are, like, identical because all the fragrances she seems to love, I do as well.

Maybe not really. No. Not at all.

However, the one perfume that we seem to agree on that makes us smell lovely and is lovely is this fragrance from Yves Saint Laurent, labelled "Manifesto". From the name I kind of assume it's supposed to attract men, and this does. It gets quite a bit of compliments, but nothing worth noting over for (practically all the fragrances I own attract a bit of company, with the exception of Juicy Couture fragrances because people don't seem to like that one much on me-as much as the other fragrances I have).

Yves Saint Laurent fragrances, in general, are quite safe and work well with a lot of people which is why I LOVE YSL perfumes so much. They're safe, people enjoy them, I enjoy them, and you really can't get tired of most of them since they're so... generic.

This may sound quite unappealing, but the safer the fragrances, the more possibility of others enjoying the fragrance as much as you. Perhaps not their favourite, but they would repurchase or at least use up the last of the 90mL bottle.
You read right. This time around, they decided to trick the buyers by limiting the content inside the bottle to 90mLs so that's nice *jokes*.

THE PACKAGING:
The bottle suits the name. But it doesn't suit the scent. So in a way the actual perfume isn't as respected as the name, "Manifesto". The fragrances doesn't have that sexy ring to it, and of course, it differs on all bodies, but when I spray it on my wrist or on paper, I don't get that "Manifest-oh" feel. It just feels labelled on since it sounds nice.
But in terms of the packaging alone, I really enjoy it. Doesn't really suit the majority of my vanity, but then again it adds this opulent edge which is desirable to a room like mine.
4/5: The packaging is quite nice. More product would have been more favourable.

THE FRAGRANCE:
Said above, Yves Saint Laurent sports safer fragrances. So this isn't offending at all, but it's not the best for office work. Office work should only consist of citrusy fragrances since that's one smell that most people can tolerate without feeling nauseous or uncomfortable. Despite that being said, this is a nice fragrance for daily wear, to school, or a job where you're not around close proximity to others. Great for night time as well.

Very versatile fragrance, good for day wear and night wear, and suits practically all ages. From younger teens (it may sound odd, but I think that even a mature thirteen year old wearing this fragrance wouldn't look bad) to women in their late twenties. Over the age scale, as discriminating as this may sound, isn't really ideal but then again all Yves Saint Laurent fragrances tend to only serve younger women. So yes, quite versatile in its own way.

The perfume itself is a splash of fruity-berry, amber, woody notes, and those are really nice in a perfume. There's a bit of mandarin fruit as a top note and serves a nice sweet peach, almost. Middle notes are slightly blended but I can smell the jasmine and lily-of-the-valley which adds a bit of freshness to the entire blend. The heavier notes such as tonka bean and vanilla aren't as apparent, but overtime show their true colours, turning quite flat.
5/5: personally, LOVE this fragrance.

UNIQUE ASPECTS:
Can't think of anything.
=0: looks pretty, that's about it.

ICKY ASPECTS:
For a lot of people, this safe fragrance may not satisfy you but that does not alter my own opinions on this fragrance.
=0: may not satisfy you.

NOT GOOD FOR... professional work.
GREAT FOR... fancy occasions, school, cute dates, for something to just be ON YOU.

You either love this or you hate this. I love this. I love this a lot. Despite the not-so-accurate bottle and the bitter amount of perfume this give you, it serves nicely and does great on me.
Hopefully you'll end up liking this as well.

moyra27
moyra27

This one smells very familiar to me. Somehow it reminds me of Emporio Armani Lei, which my mother used to wear (years ago).
A winter scent, very cuddly and warm. My husband loves it too!

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

It's a beautiful perfume, but it's not long lasting at all (at least on me).

Bgintare
Bgintare

Absolutely ADORE this perfume. It's my go-to one. Men also love it, I get so many compliments from men when I wear this.

the_new_esta

A much nicer version of D&G's pour femme.

katmo
katmo

The only thing you need to truly appreciate the beauty of this fragrance is cold weather. In autumn/winter it smells beyond amazing. (In spring, not so much, and in summer it's cloying as hell).
I bought a sample in August. I'm glad I saved it for later. Now that it's really cold outside here I am falling in love with this scent.
I don't agree that it's just another vanilla bomb. It's not. I get a LOT of tonka bean, and jasmine too. If you're careful with spraying, you'll get a beautiful elegant ladylike scent. It reminds me of satine or some expensive clothes. It just smells to me like a chic, dressed up woman.
My only complaint is that it lasts much longer on clothes than on my skin. Maybe I end up buying a FB though. Either this one or the one in the dark bottle. Both smell wonderful.

Michylaka
Michylaka

This is another one of those wonderful purchases that went to my best girlfriend. We go back and forth and it is fun to have another perfume addict to exchange with. I liked this upon the initial purchase but it did not suit me. I tried to wear it as I love vanilla but I have others that suit me better. This suits some and that is awesome as this is another of the well formulated and beautiful scents.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

A work colleague wore this and smelled like lemon cakes but I can't see lemon in the discription

GemmaStars
GemmaStars

I love vanilla but so many vanilla dominant scents just do not work on my skin. They either end up smelling like root beer, play-doh, or they're just plain cloying. However, this vanilla works on me. There is not even a trace of root beer or play-doh. This comes off as a very woodsy, green, aromatic vanilla to my nose. I think the black currant and sandalwood are what really balance this out. I am happy that there is finally a vanilla without too many fruits, sweets, or flowers surrounding it! This is the kind of vanilla I've been dreaming of, the one I've been hoping for, the one that has finally ended my search for the perfect vanilla. Not only perfect because it smells heavenly, but amazing because it has outstanding longevity and perfect sillage. I get complimented on this one left and right. I saw some pretty poor reviews about this one but I'm glad I actually smelled it myself because it just works on me. If you are searching for a vanilla that isn't surrounded by flowers or doesn't fall into the sugary gourmand category, this just might be for you.

Ithri
Ithri

I am not into sweet vanilla perfumes but this one reminds me of my childhood, don't know why! I luv it, I will buy it as soon as possible but this is not the kind of perfume I'd wear outside, not classy anough but sooo sexy, my man will go crazy about it for sure!

shivabglr
shivabglr

I like this A LOT!

but only because I'm a vanilla lover and I also think this is an absolutely unnecessary release,

reading some reviews makes me wonder if I'm anosmic to that amazing part of it!

It's one of the perfumes that makes me wonder what the perfumers exactly had in mind?!
mixing the most safe and not so high quality notes, which don't crash but don't blend perfectly either,

and naming it "Manifesto",

the whole thing is confusing for me, the bottle, the name, and the scent itself seem like three separated things and not a whole,

my guess is that when the scent was being created, it must have had other notes or different edges too, but the perfumers decided to remove them to make it more crowd-pleasing,

but they didn't do this so well, the powder almost suffocates the spicy sweetness of vanilla, and the black currant, green notes and bergamot add a very useless sharp and synthetic aspect that doesn't have anything to do with the powder/vanilla...

I never smelled a balsamic accord, maybe they mean that little amount of tonka which can easily be mistaken for vanilla?!
the woody and aromatic accords indeed mean an unpleasant sharp synthetic thing,
and I don't believe there's a bit of sandalwood in there, and nope, sandalwood doesn't smell "only" powdery,
and this is by no means an "oriental" !!!

such a shame,
but again, I believe YSL make the safest perfumes ever, so maybe that's the point

Dara813
Dara813

I am a vanilla lover but so many vanillas tend to get weird on my skin, hence I was dying to try this. I am glad I didn't listen to the reviews because when I finally did, I was not disappointed. It is not your typical vanilla and it smells nothing, I mean NOTHING, like Flowerbomb. I was expecting it to be overwhelmingly sweet as so many reviews describe it, but it has this gorgeous woodsy, green aroma with just the right amount of sweetness. The black currant and green, woodsy notes really give it a great balance.
I don't know why this scent isn't getting much love. I think it's a really well blended vanilla, easy to wear and it has a slight powdery undertone that makes it more mature than some of the other sweet-fruitchouli-gourmand scents out there today. Vanilla scents surrounded by too many florals or fruits tend to take on that odd root beer or Coca-Cola note on my skin. I want vanilla. Not soda. This is vanilla. YSL nailed it with this scent.
Perhaps some people are missing the whole point of this fragrance; it is not going to sell if it is not easy to wear. I can appreciate the beauty of Opium but let's face it, not everyone can pull it off. I need something I can wear to work, to my daughter's recital, etc. I know some people disagree, but I don't think certain fragrances are appropriate for certain occasions. Hence, I appreciate Manifesto for what it is...something I can wear to work or anywhere I will be in close contact with people, and it will most likely not offend them - but, it still maintains a certain quality that makes it stand out and draw compliments. I would also like to add that this has great lasting power!

antihero
antihero

Manifesto is a depature from the typical vanilla scent mainly because of the black currant, which give this vanilla fragrance more verve instead of sticky-sweetness.

So, First the semi-sour note of black currant; a note I have come to love, along with a greeness; which gives this a fresh feel. There also lilly-of-the-valley, bergamot, and sandalwood as well as jasmine. The vanilla and tonka move in slowly and get stronger as you wear it. This is close to the skin; the longevity on me is twelve hours plus.
This is a classy scent which looking at the notes will not prepare you for the absolute loveliness of this.

tara.kelly
tara.kelly

I love it. So sensual and romantic scent.Exotic and erotic deep musk like perfume that your lover want to come closer to you.

theperfumemaniac
theperfumemaniac

A sales associate gave me a tester strip with this. I was like: "Yum! Is this Fantasy?" and she started laughing and said: "That is the Manifesto fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent". It smells JUST like Fantasy just more sour. It is very yummy fragrance but it doens't have lasting power. It lasts for around 4 hours. Good daily fragrance if you find it for cheap.

Fantasy is way better because it is sweet, sour, and edible at the same time while lasting all day.

If you like this but find it too expensive, try Fantasy.

Still, Manifesto is a good sugary/vanilla fragrance and really easy to wear.

yanayanakieva

beatiful parfum...really.I don't get how is it possible not to love this.sexy,clean,long lasting.shall I go on?the only thing that strikes me is that it smells so much like D&G pour femme( the last one).I bought YSL and then I tryed D&G-amazingly alike.if you have one of them-it is enough

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

I didn't get any "balsamic" scent, what so ever . It is clean, fresh , slitty woody , mostly powdery ! Not your usual YSL, it has a vague resemblance to " braiser vole / Cartier " at dry down , on me that is .

Red Sin
Red Sin

It smells exactly like christina aguilera's debut fragrance
But christina is better however, manifesto lasts a lot longer
I sprayed it on my hand then i went to sleep
And when i woke i smelled my hand and it was there strongly !
Very long lasting power this is the only good thing about it
But i prefer xtina on this

sanjeewani
sanjeewani

Well I got little time to put a review on one of my favorite fragrance. I was grab my FB right after launching in my country since lately I m craving in to sweet vanilla fragrances.
On the first spray I clearly noticed Bergamot and green notes plays around and after several minute its dries down together with Tonka bean and wonderful vanilla. It stays hours and hours on my skin.
This is not girly girl vanilla fragrance its very very elegant vanilla. I can wear this any time any occasion and any weather.
I love this and I m glad I found this gem.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

testing this today... it's not a bad scent but I think it's a little too powdery for me. If you like powdery florals with a hint of vanilla, this is probably for you.
this smells to me a bit old fashioned, like something i would of worn in the 80s or 90s, it's not one i will be buying.
scent: 6
packaging: 6

Lizka7
Lizka7

Manifesto had a good longevity on me, cute bottle. But mostly on the dry down it was lily of the valley smell. I liked it at the beginning, but when it kind of disappoint me. It was still a pleasant smell, but not something I would love to have.

craftyminx
craftyminx

The one thing I will say in the scent's favor is that the longevity is excellent. I tried it on nearly 8 hours ago and it's still going strong. With that said, though, it was extremely linear on my skin, and that would have been okay if it didn't smell exactly like baby wipes to me. There's a definite edge of "synthetic but not in the intentional sense that Parisienne is."

rihabi
rihabi

Love this fragrance from the top of the cap to the bottom of the bottle. Really enthusiastic for having it. One of the coolest things about it, is the dry down. Becomes more and more feminine and tender. It's special, because vanilla may be the main note, but it's like wrapped up with the jasmine and bergamot in a specific way. If i had a personal chart, this would be in the top 10 for sure :D

Aamu
Aamu

This is very charming, sexy and little easy but I do like it a lot.

maha.alsuwaiidy
maha.alsuwaiidy

I don't really get my relationship with this thing. I got it without trying it, I depended on people hyping on it, and on the advertisements. Liked it? yes. Loved it? not really. It's a decent sexy sent, which I find is worth a try. But it's just not my personality, I guess.

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

I know I referred to another perfume as sex on the beach. Manifesto is sex in the patisserie. This one is definitely sweet, and should be a must-try (and frankly, a safe blind buy) for most gourmand lovers, but the green and blackcurrant notes give it a bit of carnal complexity that some other super-sweet scents are lacking. I know some research suggests that men are turned on by the smell of vanilla; Manifesto is definitely sexy, but it's also sophisticated. The longevity on this one is great, and while I rated the sillage as "arm's length" I'm talking about an arm that's stretched out as far as you can possibly reach. Start with a light hand and give this one time; it's worth it!

rockegg
rockegg

I'm not expecting many balloons for this review but if I'm not honest why would you believe me when I talk about the ones I love?
First, I'm not a huge vanilla fan so a perfume has to have something else amazing going on for me to love when vanilla is a strong note. Unfortunately the other sensory impression I get from this is Play-doh. Play-Doh smells pretty good. I have nothing against it. But the combination of Play-Doh and vanilla is little girl to me. This doesn't smell like an adult at all to me. It's a nice smell, really. Brings up happy memories of childhood. And there is no way on Earth I will buy this.

lepalm
lepalm

I have a hard time with vanilla. There are so many wonderful vanilla perfumes that smell great on everyone else but end up being very cloying on my own skin. This is not one of those. Much to my delight, this vanilla works for me. The black currant and green notes keep it fresh and not too sweet. The initial vanilla burst is quite strong but when the green, currant, and bergamot goodness starts to develop, it is absolutely beautiful.

mattie
mattie

Manifesto is not just a perfume, it is an attitude. From the moment I sprayed it on my wrist, I was another woman. This scent basically made me feel beautiful, sexy and, more importantly, self-confident ! Classy jasmine and delightful vanilla are brought together to create something truly awesome on the skin. I felt like a model, a star, a desired woman. I believe that sometimes, the only thing you need to improve your self-esteem is a fragrance that adds a sensual, elegant touch to your overall look. Also, it is not overpowering. People around are usually not bothered by it, unless they hate what smells yummy and that would be pretty uncommon. In my case, the drydown was fast but the perfume stayed on my skin for long. Try it it's magic!!!

At the beginning it is quite similar to Elixir version which I love, but after some time Manifesto starts to be a lot greener and fresher. I can also smell a blackcurrant note and tonka bean. I think that blending vanilla with green notes and blackcurrant, gives a strange result.
Extraordinary scent, but not 100% in my style.

MathildaFhyr
MathildaFhyr

This vanilla perfume is not heavy or too sweet! It is fresh and doesn't smell too much vanilla, just the perfect amount. I loved it from the first moment I smelled it and this will most definitely be my fall perfume! <3

summer05
summer05

This is one of the cleanest feminine perfumes. I like it so much

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Tonka and sandalwood always ruin vanilla perfumes.

maybe_maybe not*

Strong vanilla perfume,sweet enough yes,but common?I'd say definately not.I 've tried so many vanilla fragrances and I find that this one has its own personality,feminine but in a more adult way.It lasts for a long time especially on clothes.However,sometimes I get a bitter note like caramel,which is kind of cloying.I 'm not sure if it is the perfume or just the reaction with my skin.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

My latest vanilla indulgence. I tested this one a while back but I had tested so many that day that I couldn't make a proper determination of whether I really liked it or not. You know how it is when you run out of arm space because you've tested so many perfumes! lol Well as it turns out, I tried it by itself and I really love it.

KDJ
KDJ

Vanilla, vanilla, and more vanilla! Ugh, this perfume is the best I have ever tried so far. When I first spray it on, I get this powdery burst of spices. The first spray does tend to make me sneeze sometimes, but I assume that's from the black currant. Besides that, the dry down is so wonderful with the vanilla and tonka bean. So far, this one is the leading winner for me.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Wow, a few people seem to be quite upset to see Manifesto compared to Brit’s Fantasy, but umm…. There is a resemblance. Not exact replicas, but more like distant cousins or maybe even big sister/ little sister.

I have a sample of Manifesto and sprayed it on my forearm last night before bed. After first whiff I get Fantasy mixed in with some green notes. It’s like a mature version of Fantasy, in my opinion. I kept sniffing my arm and sniffing my arm, then I fell asleep lol When I awoke eight hours later I was greeted by the most delightful scent of vanilla. Very nice.

I have more bottles of Fantasy then I care to admit (I always seem to find them on clearance), so I won’t purchase Manifesto for some time. But it’s on my list.

dzikae
dzikae

after this amazing scent graced my nostrils...my poor girlfriend oh my poor girlfriend #death by cuddling

june7rose
june7rose

Neither green notes, nor baby powder really work with vanilla, and this has both. It becomes extremely intense and cloying within seconds.

prettyswag

I have the rollerball in this...its quite nice...sultry vanilla for a night out.

maybe_maybe not*

As a fan of vanilla based fragrances,I couldn 't miss this one.I don 'think this is a common or boring or sth we 've seen many times before perfume.Altought there isn't at the basic notes,I get a strong caramel note.It has a great lasting power and in my opinion it is better in a winter time,it can be a little cloying in warm weather.Unforunately,balsamic and patchouli notes gine me headache,so I can 't enjoy it.

AntoF
AntoF

I thought I disliked vanilla, but Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto made me change my mind. It's not as spicy and peppery as I had expected. It's soft, but intense at the same time.
In three words: powdery, sweet and feminine.
Longevity: 7 - 10 hours
Sillage: Moderate

xJessax
xJessax

This perfume is seriously one of the best scents EVER.
If you're looking for a "classy" or grown up vanilla scent...look no further! To me, it mostly smells very rich and cozy with vanilla and tonka bean, with a little bit of spice and some woods for a kick. The lasting power is quite impressive too, which is always a plus. Sure it's a little pricey, but it's worth every penny in my book. Two thumbs up!

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Manifesto - Yves Saint Laurent (Jernê Knowles)

De fato, ultimamente o mercado tem lançado cada coisa no mundo da perfumaria que o desânimo em experimentar os lançamentos só aumenta e em nada nos encoraja para encará-los, dando uma procurada aqui outra ali, ainda encontramos uns que fogem do padrão “água de salsicha” ou mesmo “miolo de pote” e numa velha tentativa promovem uma reconquista básica. Deus, eu espero não estar ranzinzo quanto aos gostos na perfumaria, porém quero interpretar todo este sentimento como um avanço à seletividade do que de fato é de qualidade e puramente genuíno. Bem, o rapaz que nos remeteu a nada comum reflexão inicial atende pelo nome de Manifesto e é comercializado a partir da Maison Yves Saint Laurent, uma referência em qualidade naquilo que lança, se bem que ultimamente esta verdade vem sendo abalada, na minha concepção, porém, não é sobre isto que iremos aqui tratar. Manifesto é um Floral adocicado bem concentrado ao ponto que se torna cremoso desde a sua saída (nele percebi algo muito comum logo na Saída, que remete aos perfumes brasileiros do O Boticário, especificamente da família Coffee’s. Talvez seja um chocolate em banho-maria com certo azedume, não sei ao certo), até seu Coração e é ai que as coisas tomam novos rumos, pois você passa a perceber a identidade de um YSL em meio a Lírios e flores finas brancas que remetem ao passado de glória da Casa e as suas joias presas em belos frascos na década de 60’s, 70’s e por aí vai. Seu final o deixa uma fragrância potente pela junção da Fava Tonka a Baunilha, e devo dizer que só não se torna enjoativo por conta do ardido do Cedro que de certa forma equilibra e torna este final o conjunto da obra mais significante, para um perfume que não tinha quase muito para ser um algo. Quanto ao design da garrafa, nisso não podemos deixar de atentar e admirar, seu cinturão cor de roxo hipnotizam ao somar com o dourado de sua tampa dourada e seu suco amarelado. Se eu disser ser indispensável, estaria dizendo muito, mas para os amantes dos Florais adocicados é uma ótima alternativa para a coleção aumentar com uma joia no armário [risos]... Ah, fixa super bem e consegue se projetar de forma decente.

Dedico esta resenha à minha Amiga @Ci *!

serenitylola
serenitylola

If you're a vanilla addict, you'll love this!

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

I have mixed feelings regarding this creation. Upon first try it had lovely lasting power and I could detect all notes, especially cedar and sandlewood. When I tried to buy it again at discount it was pure vanilla and lasted for 5 minutes. Obviously a defective bottle. It is very nice and almost unisex but so placid that it is not worth the price tag.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I remember smelling this in a magazine and thinking, not again. This has been done a hundred times, like flogging a dead horse.

gabi
gabi

This is a cocktail between Dior Addict and Isabella Rosselini, if anyone remembers that perfume (the red bottle). I like it very much, but i think it is suitable for evening occasions or winter. Very sweet and sophisticated!

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

An elegant 'grown up' gourmand:-
On me it's a giant vanilla, tonka, sandalwood bomb. It's gorgeous!!

(If you like Dior Addict, i think you'd enjoy this).

Swetess
Swetess

This is a beautiful and elegant perfume. Very sensual and it sort of caresses you. To me it's quite heavy sweet with clear notes of vanilla, tonka bean and black currant right away, but also the dry down reveals a soft lily of the valley - very nice. I personally don't find it overpowering but due to it's "heavy" sweetness I do have some friends that tend to develop a headache from this one. So, if you are prone to get headaches from certain scents I would recommend to try before buying.

This is big. It's has sweetness of vanilla, some white flowers, some sandalwood and some fruits. With those notes, I am surprised that it's not sharp or overwhelming. A well blended composition. It is a product of quality, no doubt about it. Good sillage and longevity.
I would describe it as naughty and sexy.
It's quite outstanding sweet elegance bomb for city life.
I believe, it has power to attract a lot of attention.

OlgaW007
OlgaW007

I tried this perfume in Ulta while I was walking in the perfume section. I fall in love with the fragrance but I did't buy it because I was not sure if I can get it cheaper somewhere else. I checked FragranceNet and found tester (90 ml) for around $60. I ordered and recently it arrived.
I love it!!! It's not overpowering and just right. First I feel vanilla but then it turns to tonka beans.
It lasts so long on my skin - I can smell it even after I took a shower.
Very pleased!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

First of all, let me say that the image that Yves Saint Laurent has to uphold is a pretty magnifique one. The makeup, the fragrances, the packaging of both... everything is chic, classy, luxurious. So every perfume I come across from YSL is set at a certain standard in my mind!

Manifesto does not disappoint. It is an adult smell, while it is vanilla-based, it is not your young, girly vanilla. (As a vanilla lover, I cringe at the overly-sickly-sweet vanillas, and I rejoice when I find one like this that doesn't smell how a Katy Perry video looks!) However, Manifesto is not as "mature" smelling as Opium, or some of the other YSL classics.

There is a hint of green on the initial whiff, something that reminds me almost of an herb, generally not my thing - but I enjoy it! It's something where I keep inhaling my wrist to try to smell deeper. The heart is more on the powdery side - the combination of the powdery scent & vanilla is almost reminiscent of old-fashioned makeup! After the dry-down, it's more of a typical soft woodsy-vanilla.

This perfume will probably remind you of somebody that you know, a familiar family member, a happy memory, etc. It is not overbearing, so you can wear it during the day - but it is also suited for a night out. The dining or romantic kind, not the club kind.

I also can't help but absolutely love the bottle, very 80's inspired, luxurious.

nathalie87
nathalie87

if you like the smell of the body shops shea bodybutter, you will like this! :-) smells almost the same!

charlottesmom

I don't quite get the comparisons to BS Fantasy, I own both Manifesto and Fantasy and on me they are not alike at all. Fantasy is loud and screams "I'M HERE" whereas Manifesto whispers it in the most delightful way. Fantasy is all berries and cupcakes on me whereas Manifesto is a delicate white flower and warm vanilla concoction. When I get whiffs of Fantasy throughout the day it gives me an ever so slight headache so I wear it sparingly and infrequently, I have been wearing Manifesto every day for the last two weeks with nary a headache. Simply put I adore Manifesto! It lasts all day and is extreamly well behaved and pleasant, I feel Manifesto could be appropriate for either work or date night.

Sillage: 4/5 get whiffs frequently but doesn't overpower
Longevity: 5/5 all day on me (8-9 hours)
Overall: 5/5 Wonderful! :0)

ellina1984
ellina1984

Lovely and crisp. A beautiful, elegant vanilla, with some white florals that make their presence known very tactfully. Discreetly sweet, it also reminds me of clean and ironed clothes in the best of ways. Gorgeous!

Daniholland
Daniholland

I often go to Douglas but I rarely buy a new perfume.
Even if each and every small bottle has a soul that talks in it’s own way, there are some that talks right to my heart. Like when you have a favourite songwriter and seems that he’s singing in your way or in your language, I fell like that about fragrances and houses too. Yves Saint Laurent I often love to smell… deep, seductive, strong and timeless. Dior’s “enfant terrible” that was supposed to be his follower, Laurent found himself fired shortly after Dior died of a heart attack. He endured electroshock therapy and different psychoactive drugs and sedatives and found the strength to build his own empire.
I bought his “Manifesto” after I was spraying half bottle on me hoping I will get sick or get a headache and forget the addiction I have on this new juice but instead of that I got even more addicted. Is unbelievable how this fragrance changes it’s notes! It goes from a winter sweet cosy mood to a summertime forgotten love. Is rich, sensual, feminine and terribly seductive.
One masterpiece after another , from Opium and Kourus, I feel a lot respect for Saint Laurent and his universe.

TheCountess

It opens up mildly fruity ( bergamot and black currant), but that goes away fast. After that, the vanilla shows up, mingling with the tonka bean and white flowers saying peek-a-boo from time to time. It's provocative, sexy and gorgeous.

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone would say it's uninteresting. I believe that we make the fragrances we like, interesting with our attitude :)

To me this does not smell like Britney Spears Fantasy....at all. It's a sexy, boozy vanilla. Those of you who have smelled Addict by Dior know what I'm talking about.

babykays
babykays

I thank YSL so much for this fragrance. Been in love with this fragrance since the very first time I smelled it.

adves87
adves87

Does anyone wanna swap the largest bottle of this? 90ml.
I didnt like it, anyone wanna swap??

heymoe9

I wrote a review of this earlier. I tested this every time I walked into Macys, and loved it, a lot! It took me months to buy it , I wanted to look forward to something. Some say this is generic vanilla, nothing special. To me it is magical. The vanilla, sandewood and Tonka really stand out on me. It lasts all day smelling as good at the end of the day as the start.

I am stockpiling this in case it is discontinued, our Macys quit carrying it, but it can be ordered. That scares me. I love this the same as I love my old Valentino and Samsara, it speaks to me.

JaiTee
JaiTee

This fragrance quickly settled into being just vanilla on me, so it isn't really FB worthy for me since I already have a few vanillas that I'm happy with already (YR Vanilla Noir, Vanilla Fields, and vintage TBS vanilla oil).

It's a very comforting scent, but I wanted more of the oriental notes to persist.

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

Literally IN LOVE WITH THIS
The opening is really woody and sweet syrup which at first i wasnt a fan of when i first tried this, but about a minute later its a sweet vanilla syrupy goodness!

This has good sillage and lasting power and is just simply stunning, definitely one of my new favourties!

renneyg007

My experience with this was similar to that of givenchys ange ou demon. First time I tried it, it was an immediate no no but time passed & I gave it another shot. Now I hate the name 'Manifesto', conjours up images of something dominant & brash. I hate the bottle too, so late 80's images of shoulder pads & heavy make up. The marketing on this is dated & confusing considering the scent. Aside from its gauche exterior, the scent opens beautifully a little fruit, a little flower backed by some green, perfectly balanced, then a floral descent to a soft, warm, delicately powdery dry down. Musk & patchouli free (major plus points for me). Leaving you happily lost in a woody, vanilla & tonka filled fog. Dreamy.

Terranova0
Terranova0

My husband absolutely _loves_ this scent. And so do I.

zzMaja
zzMaja

Too sweet - to syrupy and I get too much lily of the valley crossing over with the vanilla bean. I really did try to like this, but I feel like a need a shower quick. The scent started out pleasant enough, but the dry down got sweeter as the day and evening approached.

monisa
monisa

Loved it but disappeared on my skin too quickly, typically seems to be my relationship with YSL perfumes.

Srebecca
Srebecca

Too sweet.

HausFrau
HausFrau

I bought Manifesto blind, based on my mother's description of it, and her assessment that I would appreciate it (she was right, aren't they always). I've worn it in heavy rotation over the winter, and absolutely adore the complex, comforting vanilla that it becomes on my skin. BUT THEN CAME TODAY. Queue up the angelic chorus because *dang*, it's serious y'all. For the first time I caught a whiff of some amazing berry stained scent while I was working out in the garden under the afternoon sun, and lo and behold it was Manifesto, kicking ass and taking names on the first warm day we have had after the longest, stupidest winter I've ever been forced to be a part of. Like, I had to wear socks this winter instead of sandals and go to the store in a panic to buy milk and bread with all of the other Southerners. I saw a slap fight break out over the last bananas in the super market you guys... The bitter cold was clearly making us uncouth. The horror!! But I digress. The black currant is gorgeous and subdued; my skin especially loves to blow that note out of proportion making it smell synthetic or worse, like the bottom of a litter box, yet it's tempered beautifully by the depth of the tonka, vanilla, and woods. I'll be wearing this bad boy out this Spring! It's not often you find scents that really shine and feel like they belong both as a beacon of hope during the dismal cold winters, and as a celebration of the glorious first days of a Southern Spring.

Oh, and it smells nothing like BS Fantasy, nor does it smell like Pink Sugar. Not a fan of either, this is SO much more refined and complex, it certainly doesn't smell like the backseat of a 92 Corolla on prom night.

windhill
windhill

Too sweet for me to wear in public but will kept it for my own time. Sometime its very sweet like Fantasy or Pink Sugar(they're sharing some similarity but smell completely different) ,sometime turned to men's cologne. This is very interesting composition. Yes I think it too sweet... but I cannot stop myself from sniffing it. I love the comforting tune in Manifesto aromas. Jasmine is here with sweet vanilla and tonka. One sprayed before bed, and sleep well :)

Bihter
Bihter

This one reminds me of Pink Sugar. Very sugary, not for me.

Antares811
Antares811

Nice perfume, not my cup of tea: too sweet for my tastes. But if you like sweet scents you must try this, the drydown is similar to Shalimar and Dior Addict old version, very powdery and longlasting.

Psiclops
Psiclops

From the notes, I should like it a lot. Reality, however, didn't conform to theory. It has a sweet note that isn't listed here. I didn't get any of the cedar or sandalwood which should have caught my attention.

I'm going to give this one a miss. Alas.

Nottinghillbelle

I really like this, only have a tester but definitely something I'm going to purchase.

StarAnGeL
StarAnGeL

I just received this the other day. It is a blind purchase. But it smells amazing. I do notice it smells ALOT like D&G pour femme and Prada candy which I own both. Not complaining, I still love it and it does seem to last longer then Prada a D&G. If you are planning to buy either of those I would reccomend buying the YSL. It last longer and is worth the money. ♥

lirael00
lirael00

Manifesto is a very sexy fragrance indeed. It's the one who'll bring a little devil out of women wearing it. I love it cause it's similar to Deep Red (which btw I adore!) I'm saving the money to buy Manifesto(it's not one of the cheapest out there). Very long lasting and overall amazing scent. I love the vanilla here, cause it's sweet but not girlie sweet and it turns into this really lovely adult women scent.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This perfume is the embodiment of a warm cup of carmael coffee of a wintery snowy day. It's gourmand scent is deep, rich and sensous. If this were a melody it would be slow and soulfoul. It just smells yummy, and how a beautiful woman should.

brianaaaah
brianaaaah

Forgive me if anyone has said this but I haven't read through all of the reviews: am I the only one who think this smells a lot like Pink Sugar by Aquolina??

I was soooo looking forward to smelling and possibly buying this because the notes are right up my alley, but I was really disappointed when I smelled it. It reminds me so much of PS, which I already have. That being said it doesn't remind me of the cotton candy-ness of PS but that same vanilla sugary quality is there. If it is within your budget and you love gourmand scents, go for it! I just don't find it necessary to buy when I have a less expensive fragrance that is quite similar on my skin.

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

Smells wonderful. I keep spritzing it on every time I'm in the store, but I can't bring myself to pay the big money for it because it's too similar to Dahlia Noir, which it already own. Very lovely, though. If I could do over, I would buy this instead, since it doesn't have Patchouli. I find Patchouli sharp and unpleasant. Pretty bottle.

STARISH
STARISH

Manifesto smells beautiful!
I received it as a Christmas present last year and I fell in love with it. The fragance is sweet, sensual and there are not too many perfumes that smell like this one, so if you wear it, you'll smell unique ;)

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

After smelling this from the bottle I thought I would love it, but boy was I wrong! It only took one spray to realize I shouldn't have sprayed it at all.. But I really thought I would like it because of the notes listed. It gave me a headache, was too sweet for me. So sad... I will be getting rid of it, maybe swap it... hope the one who gets it will enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

the_new_esta

I think I'm going to buy this for my mum at some stage. She's an old school YSL and Estee Lauder fan.

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

The opening is sweet and fresh, the middle some powdery notes come up to cut the sweetness,the drydown is very vanilla. Overall very beautiful perfume, but just too loud for my taste. I really love the powdery notes, think its the lily of the valley?

vikaki
vikaki

It totally reminds me of Hugo Boss Deep Red!

pravda48
pravda48

Tried this searching for a 'grown up' version of Fantasy based on the similarity rating.

To me this smells NOTHING like Fantasy.

I get a tart bergamot-lime french soap bar predominantly, with lily of the valley & jasmine adding the soapiness I presume.

(over 2 hrs later) ok if I press my nose up against it I can see the faint white chocolate & vanilla vibe that is somewhat similar to Fantasy. HOWEVER considering I have to press my nose to my skin & inhale deeply to smell it, idk that that counts for much. Maybe if I'd sprayed a lot of it? From even a small nose distance I still get bergamot/lime. Interesting, but I'd have to spray a LOT of it to see if I really liked the drydown I guess. Jury's still out for me but I'll give it another go.

charlottesmom

I went on a rollerball shopping spree today (got 4, this was one of them). I liked the spray of Manifesto and almost bought a bottle but spotted the rollerball tester and decided to give that a try in Ulta today. OMG!!! I thought the spray was great...the rollerball is even better, I don't get the "greenness" that I get with the spray (that is good IMO. It is still pure Hypnotic Poison light on me, but that is good as I liked Hypnotic poison but it was always just a tad to powerful for my taste so I rarely wore it. I smell like cookies, yummy vanilla cookies. The sillage is good, I can smell myself but it's not an overpowering cloud of scent. Longevity is good, I'm on hour 5 and can still smell it just fine. I'm very glad I got this one, it is very nearly perfect! I predict I will be wearing it quite a bit, hope the husband likes it.. ;O)

nbailey9
nbailey9

I sampled this at a duty-free and it stayed on my hand for about 4 hours before fading. It's not a bad scent, but it is not unique. The opening smelled a bit like Jimmy Choo to me with its gourmand notes. Pleasant and sweet, but Jimmy Choo does it better. Oddly, the dry-down smelled a lot like Alien on my skin. It was bizarre to smell such different scents in one fragrance, and I can't say they should really be combined, as they have totally different moods. In general, this scent is all over the place. It doesn't have its own personality, and I can't imagine the right circumstances for wearing it. Too derivative.

Jenjenn23
Jenjenn23

This perfume brings me back to the 90's - early 2000's. I keep remembering something between Allure and DK Cashmere Mist.

Winter Sweet
Winter Sweet

The smell is sickening. It's just pure caramel for me. Ugh!
Unfortunately it's damn long standing.

umma toga
umma toga

This is delicious.it is seamlessly blended. I think this is a more mature take on fantasy though they are still quite different. Try this if you are a vanilla/gourmand lover, you might enjoy this.

rita.m

I can not believe how people are similar to the smell of Fantasy
Oh, my God
The two have a distinct smell and beautiful but there is no similarity between them
عجيب

● Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme Intense
● La Vie Est Belle Lancome

ecerusen
ecerusen

timeless perfume. every season gives a different meaning to this perfume... in summer, it smells sunbath at the beach. in winter it smells drinking coffee when you watch the snow. in autumn it smells leaves after rain.

and BE CAREFUL, very addictive ;)

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I have to admit that when I first sprayed this I did not like it at all. I was hit with an overwhelming musky floral smell that made me sneeze. However, once it settled into my skin (10-15 minutes) it really warmed up into a sweet powdery vanilla. I am in heaven now! As the time progresses (hour 4 now), it just keeps getting better and better! Its very soft, but it still have a good sillage.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I smelled this in the department store and I knew I had to have it. I finally got a bottle and I couldn't be happier. It is just a gorgeous smell. Everyone is commenting that it is boring and a disappointment for YSL, but I am not a fragrance afficionado, so I guess to my novice nose I'm easily impressed.
I agree there isn't alot going on with this fragrance. It is pretty simple, no complexity of notes. It's pure sweet all the way across, but I like sweet so I don't mind. I didn't pay retail so that probably is a good thing. I'll just put it next to my Jessica Simpson Fancy Love and Britney Spears fantasy and be happy it is in MY collection.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I just had a go at this one and i couldn't help but think Hugo Boss Deep Red with a hint of Intense mixed in - it's a really elegant warm cozy kinda perfume but i just don't see the originality =( such a pity...

None the less - if u haven't had the 2 Hugo Boss perfumes that i mentioned, u will love this one =)

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

Lovely, sophisticated and classy vanilla scent. The vanilla is quite prominent but the perfume is not overwhelmingly sweet because it is also woodsy and a tad fruity.

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

This scent reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what. It's a very confortable scent, I like it, but it's not what I expected. It's not memorable, not explosive, it's just nice, and that's it.
As for the notes is a vanilla flowerish scent. I got citric and vanilla at first and it finishes with nice jasmine and vanilla.
I have no intentions of buying this, though it's good.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I would call it "Vanilla chypre" ( if that exists). An adult vanilla scent.
The opening is actually quite similar to the Fantasy of Britney Spears (which is a vanilla scent too), but the fresh, sparkling, a bit masculine wood notes make it slightly chypry, more serious, adult and sophisticated. Other association - Hugo Boss Intense (the same dark, strong, winter air vanilla vibe). When the opening fades, I smell some nice green notes which disappear quite quickly (that could be the black currant or the Lilly-of-the-Valley).
An office safe, expensive smelling and modern perfume. Pencil skirt, pastel colored silk blouse, neutral make-up and this scent like a good accent!

burgundyaltima

sampled this again.. top notes Versace eros for men and dry down Britney Spears fantasy pink bottle...LAST ALL DAY!!!! perfect for cold weather..but if u already own Britney spears fantasy i say pass..they smell almost alike

Tea4Too
Tea4Too

Reading all the negative reviews for this fragrance this must definitely be a case of skin chemistry because I can't believe how many dislike it! Fair enough, fragrance is so subjective anyway but I think Manifesto is absolutely gorgeous. I crave that fresh, clean, green spritz in the opening. This must be the black currant and it smells like we have the whole plant here leaves and all. Gorgeous and so refreshing. And different I think too. Yes, it has vanilla and the dry down for me is lingering and creamy and sweet but it's so much more interesting than your average 'gourmand'. The tonka lends a rich toffee like quality to the vanilla. I fell in love with this at first smell and that was in winter but this is lovely in summer too. It's just elegant and beautiful and makes me feel very special when I wear it. I get gorgeous woodsy notes and the black currant goes for hours too though more understated than in the initial notes. Maybe I am lucky with this one because for me it's very special and nothing like Fantasy by Britney Spears (though I love that too) and indeed after a couple of days wearing very sweet gourmands this fragrance makes a refreshing change. Longevity is excellent on me, this goes all day and seems to project well. Can't wait to try the L'Elixir too!

Margreet
Margreet

It is a pleasent scent but even tho so strong, it could be for every winter day use imo. moreover, it reminds me Allure Chanel in its drydown. Same powderness and something in common but this is my very humble opinion. :)

bronstein
bronstein

I like the unashamend sweetness of this one. So, the name makes sense, as it may be considered to be a commitment to be as sweet as can be be, to be opened by your lover like a chocolate box. The looks must suit, of course. If they do, it is a manifesto like proclaiming: "I want you to have me, come on and nibble!"

aym
aym

I have been looking for a fall/winter scent and the SA sent me home with a few sample vials. This one went on a bit strong but as is settled I thought this might be the one. I wanted something not too strong for daily office wear. I had nearly convinced myself and then no kidding 3 different people came through my reception area sniffed and said "Hm they must have cleaned the carpets last night" OK not the response I am looking for. Back to the search.

simplyfresh
simplyfresh

If anyone has this and perhaps disliked it or maybe simply never uses it, I am willing to purchase a used bottle of it at a reasonable price. You can contact me at walkerj19@owls.southernct.edu

Simply state "Fragrantica" in the subject line

deeanna
deeanna

A nice vanilla perfume. It's surprising in this kind of bottle rather cold design and purple. When I sawit, I imagined a kind of violet scent, iris, something more floral...

daredevil
daredevil

Totally attention demanding, i wear it at night only with red lipstick and black eyeliner. Sweet and kinda strong, remains feminine despite the woodness of it. Not something special but certainly attracts and seduces!

iggypop
iggypop

Not sure what note it was - maybe the cedar - but it smelled acrid on my skin through the drydown.

mamamia

What a great name for this perfume! it suits well :)

Cheap Smell!!!

medellia
medellia

Vanilla? Vanilla ice-cream?? The cedar kills it!

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

Manifesto is just gorgeous. Opens up with black currant, but almost instantly vanilla comes in. It is sweet and creamy, but not overwhelming. Simply divine.

However... The longevity made me soooo disappointed. I really wanted to believe that this vanilla delight was my signature. But no. On my skin, Manifesto is gone in 2 hours maximum. What a shame...:(

katierichardson
katierichardson

I love vanilla, so I had high hopes for this perfume. However, to me this mainly smells like cheap soap. It did kind of develop into the baked cookie scent other people have noticed which was pleasant, but I also picked up a sort of plasticy edge. It is nice, but a bit boring.

Niya
Niya

I don't understand all the hate tha this frag is getting
One whiff of this and I was catatonic for 3 full minutes.
It's day 3 and i can still smell it on the shirt I wore to the store that day.

walkinon9
walkinon9

very sweet and just smells really good

Magica
Magica

I'm a sucker for perfumes who's main note is vanilla. So when I saw the notes for Manifesto, I knew I had to get it. I ended up blindly buying it in a rollerball so I could test it out. Upon first applying it, it smells like black licorice to me, which I don't like at all so my initial reaction to this perfume was sadness. What a let down, I wanted to like this perfume so much! Well fortunately after no more than 5-10mins, once the perfume dries and settles in a bit, that licorice smell goes away and this perfume becomes fabulous. Vanilla is definitely the main note I smell, and I'm not sure what else is in this that makes it more complex than just a basic vanilla, but I love it. And it lasted a long time on my skin, after 6 hours I was still getting small whiffs of it here and there. When my rollerball runs out I will certainly be buying this in a bigger size.

thatsperf
thatsperf

When I first spritz this onto my skin it initially smelled like Johnson's No-More-Tears shampoo (the golden coloured shampoo) which amused me. It developed into a floral heavy scent layered with warm vanillic accords. I smell cotton candy in there too so if floral-vanilla scents are your thing, give Manifesto a try.

aliora
aliora

Manifesto starts out with a strong dose of fruity black currants, followed by vanilla and amber. It's an enjoyable fragrance, albeit a bit simplistic and the drydown reminds me of a number of other ambery-vanilla fragrances. Actually, it reminds me of the original Burberry with the peach taken out, and the black current and spices dialed up.

This ain't no femme fatale. This is a furry kitten. The spicy amber drydown has a transparent quality to it. It smells...nice and cozy, but not something I want to spend my money on because I already have something else that smells like this.

Scout
Scout

Can't believe pepper is not in the notes. I wore this to a formal evening wedding hoping for something mature yet sweet and warm. But after a night of dancing, I came home to smell pepper, pepper, pepper. Not bad, just not what I was expecting.

burgundyaltima

smells like a grown up Britney Spears fantasy. .I like it and it lasts very long on my skin. definite try!

Atreyu_Crimmins
Atreyu_Crimmins

I have a hell of a lot of respect for YSL; Rive Gauche and Opium are two of my favourite fragrances. I would heartily recommend Manifesto to lovers of warm vanilla powdery scents. If you enjoy classy candied offerings I'm willing to bet you will love this.

I'm not getting the woody aromatic notes, but I have to say that the heart melts on my skin and ensconces it in a sensuous aura. Manifesto is beginning to grow on me, quite literally. The drydown is rather gorgeous in a lush cotton candy kind of way.

Yeah, I like it.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

با شروع نخست در این رایحه که احساس ترش ی همراه جاذبه زنانه در کمین انواع رایحه سبزی سرحال ودرون یک باغ پراز انواع گلهای مرکبات و تلخی ب خوش عطر را احساس خواهیم کردوبا هاله وانیل شما را اسیر میکند تا طنازی این خانم اعجاب خود را بنمایش بگذارد.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I tried Manifesto for the first time yesterday. MMMMmm! Great for Autumn! The delicious blackcurrant and vanilla blend really seems to suit my skin. I found this to be quite creamy and warming. It's very sensual and feminine.

Update a few days later: Had another spritz in different store today. This time I did not get fruitiness, only a very powerful vanilla...which after about half an hour was like a cross between Play-doh and my boyfriend's old Givenchy Pi. Not sure I'll be buying this one but will try it again in case this was just a dud bottle!

Update: Tried again. Still like it!

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Blind skin test.

Somewhat balmy vanilla cream...

CON: black currant / ammonia.

Wonderful fragrance

i like it

miss_mary
miss_mary

I love this fragrance strong but sweet. Perfect for fall .

ajmom
ajmom

I can understand why some may call this scent boring. In my perfume drawer, I separate my lighter scents along with the more heavier. Not really sure where Manifesto belongs. Way lighter than Coco Mad, Miss Dior or La Vie Est Belle, but because of the powder and woodsiness of this scent, lasts pretty long. I really like this scent! It is a sophisticated,sweet, powdery/woodsy scent.

Update- The longevity is excellent! And I have to add that I have been enjoying this scent more on warmer days.

It is a beautiful sweet scent for a woman!

simbeast
simbeast

pleasant but boring. a lot of vanilla with jasmine and just a touch of windex in the beginning(maybe that's the bergamot). this would be pretty good for a $5 body spray, but i expect better from ysl. the bottle is cool, but i could never buy this because ysl discontinuing elle and releasing this in its place makes me too resentful anyway.

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

Not posh at all! Resembles talc powder ,spicy vanilla! Not my kind of cake,reminds me of many perfumes on the market 2day! Try to be different from every1 else

Nataja
Nataja

Feminine soft cozy-seductive.Not the in your face,body baring tramp-its for the intelligent,suited, hard to get vamp!

Riss1028
Riss1028

Soft and ultra feminine!! Love it.

karliekloss
karliekloss

I really like this perfume and love the advertising for it. But it smells exactly like Armani's She.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This perfume has really grown on me. On me it smells sophisticated and expensive. A little powdery and vanilla. I liked it from the start, but now I like it even more. I think I will purchase this as soon I can afford it.

ticalica
ticalica

Manifesto smells like chemical caramel due to the tonka bean and vanilla concoction.. Linear and it does not change after the first few minutes.. More mature than Fantasy and Pink Sugar but it is related... Lasting power and sillage are one of the better aspects of this fragrance..

sistercurare
sistercurare

Less balmy than Prada candy and on my skin they both seem quite the same after some time. Mmmmm, not oriental to my nostrils though. I got a miniature from a friend and will not finish this perfume. I don't seem to find it special, in fact i am disappointed as I am smelling a softer version of Candy Prada.

Don't you just hate it when successful perfumes soon become copied by colossal companies? There are thousands of smells out there. Why do they have to produce replicas? No idea....

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

it is a really creamy fragrance, i mean smells like vanilla and only vanilla. very simple, guite pretty, but nothing special at all.

Jest
Jest

This scent reminds me of vanilla pipe tobacco.

heymoe9

There were a fair amount of reviews about this being boring. I smelled the fold out paper sample in a magazine and couldn't wait to get it. Once I tried the sample, I had to have

I hesitated buying it because of the "boring" comments. I have visited this perfume at my Macy's once a week and yet still not purchased it.

As someone that buys at least 4-6 bottles of perfume a month, I couldn't understand my failure to commit. I wear it, not the reviewers. Then I realized that purchasing this sultry, long lasting perfume would deprive me of looking forward to owning it, kinda like peaking before Christmas.

I will purchase Manifesto in my own time, something this stupendous has to be savored .

aqua76239
aqua76239

Hmmm....this is floral oriental with VERY slight green note in the opening. And I do mean, SLIGHT. Its dissappears almost immediately and you are left with jasmine and vanilla laden sweet, slightly powdery scent. Its smells nice but I was like "eh". Probably because its not anything unique and I know I have smelled simular scents before. Its pleasant and I would wear it if I got it as a gift but I wouldn't buy.

With so many unfavourable reviews, I really didn't expect to enjoy Manifesto as much as I did. I am pleased to say that this fragrance works with my chemistry.

All the sweetness aside, Manifesto features a delightful blend of jasmine and lily of the valley, a blend which turned quite soapy and pleasant on my warm skin. The contradictory nature of this fragrance; soapy and sweet, was what made this fragrance so likeable.

Although I am often the first to complain of the sudden influx of sugary-sweet scents on the market, I must confess that Manifesto took me quite by surprise, it struck me as something a little different. It's not unique, but it's not predictable either. Thankfully the sugary vanilla note in Manifesto is complimentary rather than overwhelming.

There's nothing brash nor synthetic to be found in this composition, at least not in my opinion. Yves Saint Laurent has put both their time and money into Manifesto, and the result is a fragrance of good quality that should certainly appeal to the masses.

Super sweet scents were my cup of tea when I was still a teenager, however my increasing age has seen a development in my personal tastes, however Manifesto is a sweet scent that I wouldn't mind returning to.

puselabber
puselabber

YSL Manifesto is the genius result of noses Anne Flipo and Loc Dong. Together they have created a sensual masterpiece. As I spray my wrist I am instantly taken to a sweet intoxicating state where I cant let go. There are clues that reminds me I am in the YSL universe, but I have never been to this galaxy. White flowers and bold black currants are passing me by as It flips me over vertically to a sedated sense of calm and comfort, floating through french vanilla fields. At this point there is no turning back. Manifesto takes control and draws me down to an un undercurrent of tonka beans and sandalwood as she dances with oriental flowers of jasmine and lilly of the valley. Dont let go! You.... I love you Manifesto.

red gloves
red gloves

I have it and love every note of it! To me this is really sexy, provocative, attention demending fragrance :)!

feeg
feeg

I don't understand so many dislikes. Okay maybe there's much of vanilla, but I had 4 perfumes on different parts of my body. I tested manifesto-YSL, summer edition of Prada-Candy, Acqua di Gioia Essenza and Armani Mania. When they all dried down in 30 minutes I liked the Manifesto more and more and Mania with Candy got the second place. I felt like a I had a bath in milk, vanilla and black currant. It is a unique vanilla perfume. So If you want people to notice your perfume (in a good way) since I bet they will, this is a perfume for you. I like extraordinary perfumes that you have to sniff more than once in a row on your skin to fall in love with and realize how good they are. I would recommend manifesto mostly to women who dare to rock more sweet perfumes (btw Jessica is not the right face for this perfume - she looks like a romantic girl with pale skin - I would probably use Kyley Cuoco's, Jennifer Aniston's face, - a in her 20's, 30's+ woman who looks sweet but is confident in her skin at the same time and is not afraid to show. It's really suitable for summer nights out. I wouldn't wear it in winter I think it needs little bit of bare skin and sun to get the most out of it.

Very sweet, mainly vanilla and tonka bean. This starts out strong but mellows out quickly. Even though it's simple, I find it fabulous. There is a hint of smokiness and depth that makes it different from an average vanilla. Very addictive. I love it.

sweettoothannie
sweettoothannie

So, so faint and bland I can barely detect it after four generous spritzes on my arm.

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

Not so original, reminds me Lolita lempicka but expensive, all i can to smell in is vanilla and more vanilla, cute but without character, a girl not yet a woman :)...

Reminds me of my very cheap, beloved Novaya Zarya Energie du Feu. Creamy powdery florals and a creamy wood base with resinous notes smell almost like perfumed makeup to me. It's rich enough to be a night fragrance, but simple enough for daywear. Sadly for YSL, my Energie du Feu is much much cheaper and lasts all day.

mystica
mystica

A very warm and sweet fragrance with lots of vanilla and tonka bean. Seems better suitable for winter use. The name is a bit contradiction. "Manifesto" is quite a powerful word, but this perfume is non-offensive at best. A woman in her early twenties can easily wear and pull it off.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I see very mixed reviews here but i must admit i like it even a lot. On me it's vanilla all the way through. But not thick and generic vanilla. This is extremely aromatic like handful of fresh herbs. Not creamy, more on the fresh side. Quite addictive for my nose. I have 2 samples of that and was waiting couple of months before i decided to test. I was afraid if i test i want it immediately. I was not wrong :) This gem will be added to my collection one day.

lalalovesroses
lalalovesroses

I only had a couple of whiffs at the YSL counter but this perfume reminds me awfully of herbal essences shampoo! Not the floral edition either. Very tween and creamy bubblegum floral

nadeschka
nadeschka

What is wrong with YSL these days! First Elle, than Parisienne and now to top the misery: Manifesto! What a great name though and what a great brand, but why such a harmless Sent-Bon? Exactly, that's what Manifesto is, a good smelling, yellow water, nice, inoffensiv and totally forgettable. I would so much love to talk with the people who were involved here. Thank God Yves Saint Laurent himself doesn't have to witnes this sad decline of his once great fragrance collection.
But men seem to love it (I am talking about the non-perfumistas who happily wear everything they found under the X-mas tree ;-)). It must be the vanilla, of course... Manifesto is like a washed out version of Cinéma, and I don't understand what the point is of creating a second paler sister (I also don't understand Chanel's Chance after Coco Mademoiselle).
If you like the vanilla-groove take Manifesto for the office and Cinéma in the evening.

love45
love45

Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla and I love love love it! I was a bit unsure about this but I ended up liking it! I can't stop sniffing it lol

patriciar22
patriciar22

This scent is wonderful! Sweet, vanillic, slightly powdery, warm, very sensual, perfect for a date. This perfume reminds me D&G Pour Femme and Escada Magnetism, however, I feel in Manifesto something more special!

andrea.somodi
andrea.somodi

Just blah. Nothing special about it, its a nice scent yes, but ... Theres no extra. I really wanted to like it, and really tried to detect that little something in it. Safe play though. Im not impressed.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

To me this is a better choice if you want Dolce and Gabbana Femme, or Dazzle by Paris Hilton. I want all three frankly, but if you can only afford one, this has the similar sort of vibe, minus the stronger fruit component of Gabbana, and with better longevity than Dazzle...

ranchorita
ranchorita

Manifesto sounded wonderful to me and I can't quite say why, but it made me go green about the gills. I went to the department store to buy this, based on what I'd read about it, and one spray from the tester and I felt immediately queasy. Perhaps I'll re-visit this and try to wear it through the dry-down, but I'm not optimistic about having a different experience. I am disappointed not to like it on myself, and I would recommend that people test this and not make a blind-purchase with this one.

TheCountess

I applied it on my skin at the mall. I have to say it smells way too synthetic for my taste. I do love vanillic scents, and this one is vanillic, but there's something metallic and fake about it. Will not buy.

Veda

If you go through the pyramid you will see what I mean.
Of course it largely depends upon one's complexion!
I was using it some years ago and I still have it.

I do not see ANY similarity with Rive Gauche either, the two are sooo far apart!?
Rive Gauche is a scent from the 70 ties, lots of aldehydes, crisp, classic, a dry rose scent.
Manifesto is a sweet floral scent, modern, up to date. All in rounded notes, and smooth!!
A new YSL definitely.

umtaleb
umtaleb

@Veda
Please smell, looking at perfume notes is very deceiving. I also can't see what notes are shared, especially if you see the notes reviewers have selected there is hmmm, zero similarity?

Manifesto is vanilla and flowers; Rive Gauche is all about aldehydes. There is no similarity in opening or dry-down.

Really, have you ever sampled Rive Gauche...?

Veda

I will write my review again so DO pls LOOK CLOSER.
I tested this perfume today and in the deep was so Rive Gauche...Just take a look at the perfume pyramid at both perfumes:Top notes Bergamot,Middle notes: Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Base notes: sandalwood!And 4 in the same order in Rive Gauche!!
Reminds me also of Rykiel woman, I saw that was made also from Anne Flipo!
Back in 70's?

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

Blind buy but I'm really love this perfume. Make me better mood, happy, elegent and gergeous. This bottle is beautiful and elegent. This perfume so clean and calm.

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

cheap perfume

abigaila.dumitrache
abigaila.dumitrache

I love this manifesto I love you your fresh clean and then warm and sexy it's not overpowering its smooth balmy I absolutely love this fragrance.

It's not boom look at me iv entered a room no not at all it's yes I'm here with mysterious and sexy way I get compliments all the time it's my signature scent yes it's safe every vanilla tonka bean scent is its beautiful smooth and fresh with a warm twist hands down I love it a lot ...

All in all, I'm so glad I bought this. This is pretty and sensual. But the sensuality is not loud or cheap. It rings to the saying of "Be a lady in the street and a whore in bed". Not a cheap, freak, skanky whore. But a sweet, elegant and dexterous escort.

charlottesmom

I love this stuff in bottled form but noticed the rollerball at Ulta so I'll be giving that version a try also, I say "version" because the rollerballs of perfumes I have tried always smell different than the spray. Rollerballs tend to smell richer in my experience, sales people have said it is because of the concentration of oils.

Germany
Germany

Beautiful feminine elegant sweet citrusy!!!! love it. Extremely long lasting. Into the next day. Love the sweetness in the base and the citrus in the start. Yummmm

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This scent is nice, ladlylike and what I would otherwise term to be "harmless". The initial burst of bergamot and fresh fruits dries down to a cosy vanilla which is feminine and elegant (think polka dot dress paired with tailored beige coat). The juice is pricey for what you get(extends into niche category price tag territory), but I do love the jewelled chic bottle.

sophisticated
sophisticated

let's get straight to the point, Manifesto was a long awaited fume for me but it's just black currant, black currant and then some more black currant... the fume has no depth, no layers, nothing!!! it smells almost like plum *eeeeeeeeeeeeeek* heavy long-lasting plum till it fades away, testing it was an awful experience for me.. my chemistry seems to give this one the cold shoulder

Revontuli
Revontuli

I was sniffing this perfume on my skin all day yesterday, trying to decide if I like it or not. I can't say it's bad but definitely nothing special, it's nothing more than pure sweet scent. Not captivating. Reminds me of those boring celebrity scents which are all the same. And with that price?? Sorry, YSL, but you could have done something much better.

sweetpunkin
sweetpunkin

Tested this on my skin the other day and I have to say it reminds me of BS Fantasy and Auqolina's Pink Sugar Sensual. Not a bad scent, just unoriginal and not what I was expecting. Bottle is gorgeous, though.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I know alot of people find Manifesto boring but I LOVE it!

It smells so warm, comforting and sweet. Perfect for snuggling up on your sofa with a cosy blanket & hot chocolate.

It is an intense vanilla perfume so if you dislike sweet vanilla, stay away from this! It lasted 6-7 hours on my skin and sillage is excellent.

Overall, a beautiful, sweet and comforting fragrance. I highly recommend to sweet and warm vanilla fans.

raw umber
raw umber

Manifesto smells like CGI wood, powder, and tangy dark berries. On the exhale, there is a sweet airy vanilla.

Manifesto is the older, more daring and devilish cousin of Viva la Juicy. It is definitely a contemporary composition. When I first tried it about four months ago, I could not STAND it, but now that I am more familiar with the vast array of generic vanillic offerings that make up this particular fragrance family, I don't mind it at all.

There is a syrupy synthetic DNA code in there that cannot be ignored. However, if you decide to embrace Manifesto for what it is, it can be comforting, reassuring, and ::gulp::... sexy.

nora elia
nora elia

I tried it last week, and I didnt impress me that much, I can´t even remember how it smell

Flowercat
Flowercat

As an unashamed seeker of a grown-up version of Love's Baby Soft and other "teenage" scents that are truly the only ones I have ever really loved, I was thrilled to find a lovely powdery vanilla parfum by YSL!!! The very characteristics of this fragrance that seem to get it some negative comments here in this forum are the exact qualities that I crave: simple, gentle, a bit sweet, slightly gourmand, lingering...not every high-end perfume has to be head-turning and complex to be considered a quality product!
This beautiful scent reminds me slightly of Guerlain's L'Instant Magique, which I love and which has garnered loads of complements for me. They both start off rather sharply, then melt into a delicious creamy, sweetly spicey concoction. I only bought the rollerball, but I will be getting a full bottle for sure!
Update: This has become my signature scent! The spray is even better than the rollerball. At last, no need to qualify, explain what is lacking, try to figure out an off note...Manifesto is perfection for me. The best of Love's Baby Soft in a mash-up with my "grown-up" perfume crushes, but this is my lasting love! The longer it is on your skin, the better. No weird staleness, just wonderful, fresh, magical femininity swirling gently around you! And the same type of compliments I got when I wore L'Instant Magique--blurts of "You smell great!" and "What smells so delicious in here? What are you wearing?!" My only negative comment-- Manifesto is a rather masculine sounding name for such a beautiful fragrance!

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Smells like new-car-smell... on steroids. Thick, synthetic, cloying and a bit sickly. You'll get your money's worth though, huge sillage and longevity. Just a question of whether you want to smell like a deluxe valet service.

ElleLowe
ElleLowe

My gorgeous Fiance who is classy and incredibly handsome a Tom Cruise sort of way likes me in a black dress, high heels, and elegant make up. However, when we dine in the city, forget my 28 bottles of perfume collection, the boy just wants to have me wear Hypnotic Poison, Flowebomb or Boss...... Now it seems, this Sexy gorgeous feminine scent is what he's asking for. And I have to agree it's gorgeous. Also, it has a strange effect on me. It makes me feel strangely more happier and attractive. This stuff makes me feel sensual. Love it.

freddinos
freddinos

I find a disproportion between the name, the bottle and the fragrance. The name (stolen by Isabella Rosselini's Manifesto to be completely fair) is powerful, rebelious and strong. The bottle is heavy, opulent, mysterious and jewel like. But the scent... Plain tonka-vanilla mix with a hint of cassis, that unfortunately doesn't transform the mix in anything resembling the luxury and character of a Kir Royal. I might be a bit biased as I'm not a fan of tonka beans, but they really predominate the composition and as a result the rest of the notes just suffer. Nothing special. I was expecting so much more from an YSL Manifesto...

carolien1978
carolien1978

love this one, specially for in the evening! on my skin it smells warm,oriental but in a fresh way... and I'm a blonde with very light skin. So...not only for the dark hairy lady's ;-)

So we are back in 70's?
Reminds me also of Rykiel woman, I saw that was made also from Anne Flipo!

chillalot

I loved the sample in the magazine..great ad and pretty bottle....so off to the mall I went..so disappointed on my skin this smelled very grandmotherly.

adel13
adel13

Love this one from the bottle to on the skin. Everyone bags Candy by Prada but for me the effect is similar - it hits you from the first squirt and then just becomes addictive. The various notes from start to finish just lovely and doesnt take long to love with final result

vitabhaya
vitabhaya

I love vanilla, and was infatuated with this fragrance immediately. However, after a few test sprays and the purchase of a rollerball of it, I find it overly simplistic and nearly childish. The scent is still a lovely blend of vanilla, tonka and cassis, but though I will still enjoy using it up, I do so wish this fragrance had more complexity and depth. Not FB worthy in my book. Sadly.

UPDATE: Now that I am trying this perfume in Spring, I have to revise my opinion. This last month has caused the black currant to really come out, making this a delightful twist on an old "vanilla" favorite. I will likely at some point purchase a small bottle for this time of year at least, marrying my love of vanilla with a lovely Spring freshness.

Fonna
Fonna

I sampled this at the mall.
All I have to say is : Synthetic.

It doesn't stand out.
No one would know if you were wearing perfume or if you just got done baking cookies AND varnishing the floor.

I just couldn't stop smelling it, and the reason wasn't because the scent was so wonderful. It was like my brain had to distinguish "what in the world it IS this" ....
Not a fan.

Luvscavaliers
Luvscavaliers

I tried this at my local Ulta store. From first spray to the end of day, the fragrance never changed on me. Sweet powdery vanilla is all there was. Very linear and unremarkable. Not offensive and not memorable. I was a fan of the original Opium parfum, when it was first launched. The subsequent remakes are pale ghosts of a complex scent. This frag would be suitable for a very young girl.

thazinha30
thazinha30

After reading great reviews about this fragrance, i went to my local sephora and sprayed some on my wrist. At first i really liked so i went ahead and got myself a rollerball for $25. A little while later, i sniffed my wrist and blah, it smelled completely different, like cheap drugstore perfume. So disappointed... considering it's an YSL fragrance, i expected it to smell great throughout but after drydown, it definitely smells cheap.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Tried this out when I was at Ulta the other day, and the opening notes are simply lovely. And it's dry down is nice too.

I don't know why everyone's so hard on this. This is one of the better smelling perfumes that's come out in a while. Granted it's not a "showstopper", but I still think it's pretty good.

Manifesto is feminine and graceful, somewhat oriental with fresh notes. Truly beautiful.

RedLady
RedLady

Creamy vanilla.
Pleasant enough, but I'm totally uninspired by this one and its really quite one-dimensional on my skin. Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla.
Yves Saint Laurent need to being out a showstopper, they've been slacking over the years.
Lovely bottle though.

lilou
lilou

Surprising but harmonious : first notes are fresh and sparkling, then feve tonka and vanilla appear ant it's so creamy ! It makes me think of coconut fragrances : fresh and milky. It also reminds me of Dune - Dior when my mother was wearing it.
I like it, this mix between fresh and warm notes is interesting.
The lasting power is not so good.

It opens very green with strong black currant. Once it mellows it reminds me a bit of a strongly brewed Earl Grey tea with lots of milk & like 2 lbs of sugar.

nannaje
nannaje

A wonderful vanilla fragrance that really grows on me every time I use it. I especially adore how it smells on scarfs etc. I truly like it and I do not agree with many reviews of this one.

lilsniffer
lilsniffer

I've tested this three times now and I still can't decide if I want it. It starts off great, with fresh juicy, effervescent notes that wow me, but it quickly warms and devolves to a slightly sickening doll's head note that hangs in for a couple hours. The dry down is sweet and fruity and lasts very well. If I could just skip the heart notes I'd be spraying this all day long. I'd be tempted to use it as room spray, but I won't pay retail prices for that.

mamamia

Eww too sweet for my taste. Similiar to Britney Spears Fantasy.

Melly26
Melly26

This scent is just lovely. It's definitely in keeping with a lot of other sweet/vanilla-y (is that a word?)scents that are popular now, yet in a more sophisticated way. It's bright at the start and mellows out. After a few hours, it turns almost powdery on me. I couldn't place the smell at first, and then it hit me. I detected a hint of Love's baby soft and or Avon Skin so Soft from when I was a teenager! It's probably just my chemistry. It's not an exact match, but it reminded me of it. Which isn't a bad thing. I didn't purchase it, but I just may after I test it out for awhile. Love the bottle as well!

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Not bad, not great, just safe. There's nothing new or interesting about it. The YSL name will be what sells it.

Angelinapink
Angelinapink

Sweet, sickly sweet, like candy floss. Quite sparkly. And fizzy at first, but for me just too cloyingly sweet. Lots of vanilla which isn't my favourite note. No, I am afraid That this is not for me.

AmyJoJo
AmyJoJo

I was surprised to read how many people thought this is a common scent, because I sampled it and thought, "Finally! Something different!" Just shows how perfumes are so different on each body. So many vanilla fragrances now smell like cotton candy to me, but this one is a rich, unique vanilla. It has some green and floral notes, but it all blends together in a way that no note stands out more than the others. I love it, and will purchase once I finish my sample.

RuthKarnowski
RuthKarnowski

I do like this perfume. On my skin it isn't heavy, and the note of vanilla lingers for a long time. I recieve many compliments when I wear this perfume. My boyfriend bought me the shower gel too, and it's lovely.

stardust808
stardust808

this is another "keeping up with the joneses" perfume to me. EVERYONE is making scents like this. i put that it reminds me of escada but magnetism is multi-faceted, complex, & deep so please disregard but it DOES have an enormous likeness to JS fancy in it's linear sweetness and lack of changing notes. my beloved magnetism is far more exciting-it evolves and has pops of different scents that always make it interesting and exciting to me but not this YSL. if you want a pricier version of JS fancy shell out the cash but honestly it's damn near the same thing and JS is a lot friendlier on your pocketbook =)

temo
temo

At first sniff I was not impressed. Thought it was too heavy/sweet. At second try, I'm liking the way it is developing on my skin. Creamy, warm vanilla with just a hint of berries. Some kind of heavenly cookie? Although it reminds me more of a winter fragrance than spring, I'll be choosing to pick this up soon. Lovely!

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Overall, this perfume smells gorgeous. But wait, haven't I smelled it before? Oh, yeah, it smells like every other fruity floral with vanilla out on the market. The fresh, fruity scent fades into floral vanilla. Sillage and longevity are okay.
I hate to say it but this perfume, as lovely as it is, is just so generic that I don't see the point. When you look at some of YSL's old masterpieces like Cinema, you feel transcended, whereas this perfume just doesn't do anything special. I definitely think if you are looking for a "safe", really delicious and wearable perfume, buy this one, because not everyone has it. But if you are looking to add something really unique and special to your wardrobe, you might look elsewhere.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

I am so glad I tried it. I used to adore YSL perfumes... This one is very pleasant, vanilla warmed wood with touch of floral notes... Nothing too exciting. A daytime feminine perfume...

lunadestella
lunadestella

It's a lovely perfume. I liked it but didn't find myself fully in love with it when I tested it out. It sprayed and stayed pretty oily on my skin too. There's something familiar about Manifesto ... So much so that at first smell I knew it was almost an exact clone of Prada Candy but I find Prada Candy more interesting -- that's my personal taste.

Damag
Damag

Oh Manifesto! You are like a sweet, sweet forbidden delight so warm, sexy & glamorous you are just PERFECT.
I went down to Macys in search of my now beloved Alien edp and came across this bewitching gem.she seemed so desirable & elegant I had to test her out. After just two sprays on my wrists It felt like heaven, I was wrapped in a sweet, warm & delicate aroma that captivated my senses! I can't quite put into words how delightful this scent was but I can surely say she is one of a kind!
For a sweet, sensitive yet still strong, sexy, confident woman ;)
I told my hubby I must have her for my birthday! We shall see;)

To Amaraztavich,

of course I wouldnt compare it to every vanilla scents on the market just because is vanilla there. But to my nose is very similar to She, it just came to my mind when I thought about this scent.

charlottesmom

Wowsa! This is strait up Hypnotic Poison lite on me!! It's amazing how identical it is. Hypnotic Poison is a favorite but is a bit heavy on me, Manifesto is Perfect!!

Not sure on the longevity yet as I only sprayed it a little while ago.

Sillage is close to the skin, doesn't project very far, about a foot or so.

Overall: YUM!!! 5/5 for me, will ask for a bottle for my B-Day. :0)

milenamp
milenamp

I dont like the opening in first few seconds, it is similar like Lancome 'La Vie Est Belle' - unpleasant and cheap sweetness. But there is also some green, citrus and fresh notes just following sweetness, which is very interesting and attractive. That is why I didn't give up of this fragrance.
After few hours, start to be somehow fresh powdery and have some 'elegant note' similar with perfumes by Armani.
I would have bought it, if there would not be that sweet thing in beginning.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I loved emperio 'she', it used to be my signature scent. I really don't find manifesto to be anything like 'she'. Nothing at all like she. I mean sure there's some vanilla in both, but there's vanilla in most perfume, isn't there?

This was so forgetable. Not at all what I'm looking for in a perfume.. I don't see the point in wearing this. Now if I were a Nhilist...mmmm maybe :)

Sorry, but it's just not even worthy of a review

Silvuna

the first impression wasnt so nice, I thought what another common sweet aroma as a lot of others already on the market, but then, as I was given this frag and I gave it a try ,I actually liked it. It is not a winner among perfumes nor so unique but likeable. And surprisingly, as I normally dont like vanilla perfumes, in this one I dont mind because it is smoothed by black currents and green notes. It smells like a cooled vanilla pudding with chocolate sprinkles on the top, plus one liqueured cherry. Reminds me very much of Emeporio She, and I think it is even better, without the plastic smell.

lat
lat

generic, bland, sickly. done and re-done many times before. hardly a manifest of anything new.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I find it similar to Hypnose Hypnotizing Elixir.

smellME
smellME

I had the opportunity to try this on paper yesterday, it smelled nice warm liquorice, berries and vanilla. The smell memory called me up...telling me it was a toned down and more easy to wear Loverdoze , except that there strangely enough was non liquorice in this formula. I like it but as I have a large decant of loverdoze, don't need this just yet even though I liked this and suits me lot better !

aschiffm
aschiffm

Smells warm beautiful and unique in the bottle. When sprayed on my skin it develops from sharp to a floral gourmand. Soft buttery florals and a warm vanilla sugar cookie sprinkled with a hint of almost an herbal tea or peppery smell. It gets flat pretty quickly though and enters into general department store sale rack scent territory.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

The magazine style sample swipe was full of Jasmine and Lily. Dried down to a woodsy with mellow vanilla. I do want to try a full spritz of this scent to give it another chance to open with the vibrant notes. Really pretty lingering scent, but nothing that caused me to run out and purchase. Beautiful bottle.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I love the sharp greens in the opening, but they last about 2 minutes on me and then this scent seems to be all about the vanilla and tonka bean. It's almost like vanilla marshmellows for the rest of the duration. Feel like YSL can do much better than this so this won't be FB worthy for me. But for a lover of super sweet gourmonds, this might just be your cup of tea.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I tried this at the store the other day, and I've got to say I'm terribly disappointed. Why YSL decided to discontinue a gem like Parisienne and replace it with yet another weak-sauce generic vanilla in an already saturated market is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I adore vanilla - but this fragrance is not all that complex and doesn't offer anything new. I can get dozens of other vanillas that satisfy for less money. Pass.

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

Loved the opening very much but didn't like the tonka bean note that came after. Somehow it doesn't work on my skin, I'm definitely not the biggest tonka bean fan. Nice bottle, feminine and mysterious.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
یک عطر زنانه بسیار دوست داشتنی و جذاب که از استشمام رایحه آن سیر نمی شوم
گرم و جذاب
شیرین و دلربا
کلاسیک و با وقار
رایحه گرم و اشتها آور وانیل در عطرهای زنانه گویی با هدف پیش آوردن اشتها در آنها تعبیه شده است پس بانوان محترم و عزیز مراقب باشند که استفاده از این روایح گرم و شیرین به جای شیرینی خورده نشوند!
کاری بس ارجمند از برند درجه یک و بی نظیر ایو ساین لارن
Kik: mehrdad_gallery
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Like a weaker version of D & G Pour Femme without the sweetness. I got a sample anyway just to compare the two, and that's all I can say about it. It's pleasant, but has no personality. YSL himself would not be pleased with this perfume, however. It doesn't make a statement at all. I'm not upset over Parisienne going, either. The plastic rose scent didn't appeal to me at all. YSL needs to get on the ball and stop changing their name/logo.

Migalex
Migalex

I find the base of this fragrance very similar to the base of those male orientals very common these days, like Jaipur, Le mâle, 212 sexy, code ultimate and even eau d'Armani, basically because of the mixture of vanilla and Tonka Bean or cinnamon, and seems to have an undertone which sometimes reminds me of Hypnotic Poison (in the drydown). It does not smell of cinnamon, but I think the tonka bean here does have an almondish character which reminds me of amber. Despite that common base, the top fruity notes give it a different character, quite particular and very fruity. Well, I would classify it as fruity oriental really. The opening smells very fruity and sweet, quite complex and dense, with a coconut edge and I do find it wonderful and comforting. Also, the jasmine goes beautifull here, dense and heavy. But that lasts one or two hours, after which, the scent becomes less interesting to me, when I think the woods take center stage, at the advanced drydown. I do not find it anything special, sophisticated or very complex and in particular nothing I would not expect to find in a supermarket for less than ten pounds, but I really like the smell for the first two hours or so, really like it, because it is dense and sweet, and has that coconut edge not overdone which I do like a lot. It is a bit gourmand, which in this case I quite enjoy. I even find it a bit addictive and lately do enjoy a lot wearing it. It is becoming a spring addiction, making the season more beautiful. PS: Having said that, and though it somehow does appeal to my taste, I do not think it is a good frgarance worth the price it is sold for. It is probably from my viewpoint the worst YSL fragrance to date, and my opinion about their more recent fragrances in general is very low. After wearing ten times or so I got sick of it. Nothing that I did not notice the first times I smelled it. It is vulgar and too sweet. A cheap supermarket scent really. Because you do find better than this in supermarkets.

Eicher
Eicher

I agree with the comments saying that Manifesto is a simple fragrance. However, that's exactly what I loved in it at first "sniff". The vanilla, almond and the black current make it a very warm and sensual perfume. I would recommend it for nights and for ladies above 28-30.

Definitely one of my next purchase.

Edit: now that I have Manifesto among my collection of perfumes and that I tried it on me for a longer period, I can sat that on me, it smells very much like Naomi Campbell first perfume for the first hour or two.
Have to say that I loved that Naomi's perfume at the time! Just as I love now Manifesto.

chaos2
chaos2

It was a little strong at first, but the dry down is a wonderful reward. As other reviewers have noted, the vanilla stays in the background as a mellowing base. It presents the jasmine as a fresh floral. The vanilla or tonka bean somehow makes it less "sweet" and more sophisticated. To me, that makes it different than most of the other frags out right now. In this frag, the notes definately meld together to create something altogether different. I really did not smell "the notes" and had to look it up to see what it was. They did not come across individually for me, but came together to create an aura. It is self-aware, feminine, confident but subtle at the same time.

My personal style is very casual, but I was still comfortable wearing this. It is like Coco in that it can be worn dressed up or dressed down. It lasts a long time as it is still here on my wrist after 16 hours.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

it s really one simple but a chic and joyful perfume. at first i feel vanilla and bergamotte, in the middle stage black currant and lily of the valley stands out the most on me, but its not cloying 'cause the vanilla stays in a low dose and very in the background. the tonkabean and the cedar are prominent in the final stage with lovely hints of sweet black currant and sweet powdery white blossoms. i think its a skin chemistry thing. on me it lovely, warm and not too sweet. really elegant. i got a bottle with no regrets ;) lovely spring scent. bottle is a jewl.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

First impression: beautiful bottle that holds the scent of black currant with sweet, sweet vanilla. Too uncomplicated -- I am disappointed with YSL -- I expected more. It reminded me of offerrings by Britney Spears or the other sweet fruity perfumes being launched these days. Money saved!

On me,
Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: about 2 hours

gd15329
gd15329

My wife tried this yesterday... OH MY GOD, I felt in love with her all over again...

What can I say... jaws down, the best female fragrance so far for me...

(she... liked it but found it to heavy to wear... -sensitive nose)

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

chanceuxlilas
chanceuxlilas

I usually adore YSL cosmetics and especially their fragrances however, this launch was a major letdown. At first try I thought that this was introduced in the wrong season because of the vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood notes (usually associated with fall/winter perfumes). What's even more disappointing is that this perfume hardly lasts 2 hours--definitely not good for an EDP concentration and especially not good for YSL. While vanilla and tonka bean are the dominating notes I would suggest keeping this (if at all) as your spring only fragrance. Love the promotional advertising with Jessica Chastain--too bad it will be wasted on an unsuccessful fragrance launch.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

Very heavy, too much vanilla and sweet. I did not think this was anything special. I hadn't heard of it before but the SA was raving about it. I'll pass.

whatshetalmbout
whatshetalmbout

To sum it up in a flash you could say that this is the "female" version of YSL L'Homme.I was shopping for a light scent but wanted to check this out because the bottle is just simply gorgeous. When I smelled it all I could do was smile. I've always wanted a more feminine version of L'Homme ( its very masculine on me. don't worry. I've tried to rock it before. fail. ) and I feel that this is it. I am sitting in bed wearing the sample and regretting not purchasing it today.

prettyswag

I love sweet scents. I love vanilla. But this is gag me sweet and has a cloying vanilla undertone..I can't stand...almost made me choke...not a wow for me.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

So after trying Belle d'Opium earlier today, that didn't compare to this, I don't really like BD at all. This is definitely my number one YSL fragrance. I find this one to be the most youthful out of them all. 'Elle' is at a close second.
I'll probably give it a good few years before ever purchasing this as I still find it a little too old for me.
Lovely bottle, classy warm scent.

masjanja-2011
masjanja-2011

Strong, sweet,powderly,sexy...Like it!

mg.irie
mg.irie

I'm a huge fan of YSL's men's fragrance L'Homme. In fact, I will often spray this in my hair because it's so fantastically delicious. Every YSL women's fragrance I've had the displeasure of smelling, however, has been damn near disgusting, so I didn't expect much from this one.

I sprayed Manifesto on at about 7 AM and it's almost 8 PM now and I'm still getting soft wafts of yumminess when I move about. At first spray I was hit with the bergamot then the "green notes" blasted my nose. I was afraid I'd be regretting trying this frag and nursing a migraine all day long. The green left almost immediately, however, and up came the tonka bean, vanilla & the perfect amount of sandalwood. The jasmine & cedar never quite showed up on me or, if they did, I missed them. It has dried down into a lovely creamy vanilla softness.

The bottle is very lovely and will be a nice addition to my collection. Thanks, YSL, for finally creating a fragrance I can wear. :-) You're almost forgiven for Parisienne!

cherie97
cherie97

Sweet, heady and warm synthetic vanilla scent.
Smells like a lit vanilla candle, very very creamy.
Overwhelming, not so pleasant. I washed it off almost immediately. Why should I smell like a candle (not even an expensive-smelling one)?

halloween27
halloween27

You can smell this is in the April issue of Vanity Fair (Taylor Swift cover.)

olitunia
olitunia

As YSL describes it, it is a bouquet of jasmine punctuated by green notes and a trail of wood, vanilla and tonka beans.

I like the perfume, but the first thing I sense is the lilly of the valley. I really like the idea, I can rarely find this note in perfume that is mature and resembles elegance and womanity.

Vanilla is defintely there, makes it a bit too sweet for me, but hey! whatever works. The last thing I sense is wood, which I am also not a fan of, but these different scents, that are like different stories combine pretty good together.

I wouldn't buy this for now, but I could see a more mature version of me wearing a scent like Manifesto, although it would have to be less sweet and have at least a tiny bit of freshness in it.

Not the best YSL, but not the worse one either!

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

i love how always and everywhere only the uber positive-"oh-my-i-love-it" reviews get a full 6-balloon-rating, no matter how good or bad they were though... -_-

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

YSL Manifesto scores high in attracting compliments but poorly in uniqueness.

Manifesto opens thick and sweet, like a cake batter covered in warm condensed milk. The fruity aroma emerges about 20 min later, and vanilla becomes caramelised and waxy. The fragrance is rather linear but turning fresher and airier towards the dry down.

It is a fruity cupcake vanilla fragrance. This is a quality version of Brittany Spears Fantasy, Jessica Simpson Fancy and other fruity gourmand celebrity fragrances. I can see this being appealing to fans of Flowerbomb or Armani Code.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

YSL Manifesto=The NEW Love Of My Life. The is fragrance is like the Alfred Hitchcock film, Rebecca. All of the clssic film fans know of that film. If you don't, I'll tell you.

*Spoilers for the film Rebecca*

The title character, Rebecca, is the dead ex-wife of Maxim De Winter. She is never sen in the film. No shots, no flashback scenes, nada. She isn't shown once, HOWEVER, her presence is felt throughout the whole film. She is a force to be reckoned with, even in her absence.

That's like the Jasmine in here. She doesn't ever completely dominate the fragrnce like say TUBEROSE would've, but her presence is felt in whispers. There's power in that, I think. This fragrance starts out green with Rebecca (Jasmine) lingering above, letting you know no matter how you forget her she is always there in some form.

The green notes are sweetened with the black current and the jasmine. This fragrance goes on strong and stays strong throughout this phase of the fragrance.

The last, and best stage of this fragrance, is the tonka bean mixed with the vanila and hints of Jasmine. The blackcurrent isn't fully gone. With a dash of Vanilla, and we'll call THIS stage the 2nd Mrs. De Winter, she finally makes HER presence known. She now knows and takes her place beside her husband, Maxim DeWinter. She dominates Rebecca, finally, and the fragrance is done.

Fresh green scent, bergamot, JASMINE, Blackcurrent, woods, Vanilla and Tonka Bean. What's not to like! Oh, Manifesto! How I do love thee!

An added bonus is JESSICA CHASTAIN in the ads! Love that woman and the commrecial.

The lasting power is FANTASTIC! Lasts ALLLLLLL day on my skin and I can smell it in the morning! Can't WAIT to get the lotion!

P.S, as far as the name goes, yes Isabella R. had the name first but she isn't using it now. Should the name stay collecting dust because she used it in the 90s? She clearly isn't going to use it anymore otherwise she would've renewed the patent for the name. If you aren't going to s*** then get off the pot. YSL has a clothing line called Manifesto and designers usually name their fragrances after their lines. If you REALLY Wanna get up in arms lets talk about the name change from Yves Saint Laurent to freakin' SAINT LAURENT PARIS! Now THAT'S what I'm outraged about!

karlee79
karlee79

very similar to Lei by Armani, only this actually has more warmth and sweetness to it. Its also more creamy. Lei is straight laced clean and simple. This is a flirty sexy, robust version on Lei. I personally like this better and its lasting power is seriously incredible! i sprayed tester on arm of my coat last night and can smell it very faintly on my skin where i sprayed it. I cant wait to purchase a bottle or trade my Armani 50ml for this one:) Love love love it

Maggan
Maggan

I am really considering to get this one. It has a simplicity and clearness I like a lot to find in an oriental. If it wasn't for Crystal Noir, Mon Jasmin Noir, Alien and Le Baiser de Dragon allready standing in my perfume-cabinet, I would allready have bought it.

Jag överväger allvarligt att skaffa denna doft. Den har en enkelhet och en klarhet som jag tycker mycket om att hitta hos en orientalisk doft. Om bara inte Crystal Noir, Mon Jasmine Noir, Alien och Le baiser du Dragon redan stod i mitt parfymskåp, så hade jag redan skaffat den.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

So wonderful! No, I do not find that it smells like a known scent. No, there is not too much vanilla-tonka sweetness. No it is not common.Yes it is classy.Yes it is a butter-won't- melt-in-her-mouth scent! All this in a gorgeous jewel-like bottle. For ladies who love sweet-white flower-slightly oriental perfumes it is certainly worth a try!

Namyra
Namyra

I really like this fragrance. I can't say I love it because it's not an unmistakable one (and this is a must for me when choosing a perfume) but I can't say anything bad except this about it.
This fragrance is sweet, but in a very pleasant way, in a way that even my husband, that isn't exactly a vanilla fun, said, quite surprisingly, that he loves Manifesto.
I would describe it like the marriage of "Eau de l'Orangerie" with "La vie est belle", but with that unique refinement touch that only YSL could give.

m4
m4

To manifest?? To show your courage, emotions, free spirit and passion? Yes, but not to whole world, this scent is more like your intimate and closest friend. He is the one whom you can show your passion. Creamy, balmy, pleasant vanilla sprinkled with nuts and with hint of blackcurrant juice. It;s like a sweet kiss on a neck. Smooth, soft, like a pastel room with plush pillows and a heap of caramels, sweets and lollipops. Now it;s the time to enjoy the passion. It;s not sickly sweet, it;s "adorable sweet". Those emotions are long lasting, you;re still in this room till you wash your sticky hands from all sweets. The scent can be actually whole day with you... Love this!!

Christine 78
Christine 78

I get a sweet and powdery scent. Had it on for about half an hour now, and can hardly smell it anymore...Nothing special for me.

kkk
kkk

Reminds me of Emporio Armani Lei, sandalwood, tonkabean and vanilla. I find Manifesto better, it's brigther somehow. It's on my want list.

powdermonkey
powdermonkey

Urgh - vanilla, vanilla, vanilla - overpowering, sweet, cloying. Had to throw out the magazine tester I tried it from, it gave me a headache. Reminds me of Lancome Hypnose.

sebertrand
sebertrand

Love love loveeeeed this out of the bottle, but unfortunately on my skin it smells like plastic and the longevity is poor. :/

ezgise
ezgise

I tried this in Duty Free shop last week. I really love this from the first minute that I've smelt. Warm, powdery, super feminine & lost lasting. Best for my all time.

Daddario
Daddario

Female version of Rochas Man missing all the subtle masculine notes. Nice! But nothing special, nothing new, nothing unique.

telperien
telperien

When I first smelt this perume, I hated it. It felt like awomen's perfume is mixed with a men's perfume in a bottle. It smelt spicy to me, I don't know maybe either bergamot or sandal wood gives this feeling. But as it is a present from my boyfriend I decided to give it a chance. Surprisingly it feels much better on my skin. The spicy smell goes away soon and leaves the sweet vanilla, jasmine and lily of the valley which I love. So this one is ok for me, but I still do not like the bottle.

Evengelia
Evengelia

So upsetting....i scooted towards the YSL counter as fast as i could to smell this in anticpiation.

Woah. I wanted to wash it off straight away. All i get from this is Britney Spears Fantasy. So upset.

I got zero woody/sandlewood, nor any tonka bean.

I get a cheap milky, sugary, candy smell.

I did enjoy the cedar in the very last hours of the dry down.

Boo YSL!

Ill stick to Cinema for my creamy, spicey, sweet woody scent!!

F_A
F_A

Nice, warm , exotic fragrance which on my skin it smells like a twin sister to Naomi Campbell's Sunset, just Sunset is way much cheaper...

sweet and warm , familiar nothing special.similar to lancome la vie est belle

celeste.von weichardt
celeste.von weichardt

Impressive bottle, but smells old lady to me, not very glamourous..

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

I saw this for the first time on display at the YSL counter today. I am a big fan of their fragrances so I was excited to see one I have not yet tested! I went to admire the simply beautiful bottle, it's a work of art. When I sprayed it on the card and brought it to my nose, I immediately thought 'Wow'. Yes, it is a very sweet gourmand but it's also mature (which I adore!) and more timeless than your usual sugary-sweet gourmand. It is a domination of warm vanilla and creamy black currant. I absolutely adore this fragrance and think it would be perfect for the winter. It's so warm and delicious. I can see why it would be disliked though. Some have said it's a disappointment and it doesn't smell like it's from Yves Saint Laurent. I have to disagree, I think it's a great expression of modernising today's woman who would be wearing a YSL fragrance. Thumbs up to this one!

maxlight
maxlight

Manifesto disappoints me a lot. That's a pure vanilla with a hint of green notes. A mediocre product that could be a flanker of something, but can't be named a pillar YSL fragrance. From the other scent it does remind mostly of D&G Pour Femme 2012.

mshilov
mshilov

Disappointing fragrance in a disappointing bottle... Definitely not YSL, but 'very L'Oreal' in a bad way.

Arome Sara
Arome Sara

Sweeter, and very oriental themed gourmet scent that is the type of fragrance Prada Candy, R. Cavalli or new DG pour Femme is a special blend of green tones and gourmet sweets, changing into powder base where I personally perceive and almonds, is very dominant in the aroma sweet vanilla and tonka (here reminded me Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain Manifesto's distinctive scent, it is definitely interesting and very feminine and pretty to line for space, its bearer will certainly not remain unnoticed, but on the other hand, just for those very distinctive gourmet sweet tones someone will not like it at all. scent This will in no way leave you there will be more neutral either love or hate.
Very similar to Rochas Alchimie.

Sensoria
Sensoria

I agree with winx61. This was the first thing I said to the saleswoman when she showed me Manifesto. YSL took the name of Isabella Rosselini's Manifesto, they already had a thing going on with the Champagne they had to change in Yvresse because of the monopoly of the name.Didn't they learn from this? And the perfume is another Flowerbomb, Prada Candy, Allure from Chanel.I was a little disappointed in that, expected something more and different from such a great perfumehouse. And there is one note in this perfume I cant lay my hand on but which I don't like, getting the feeling the notes are fighting each other to become the best. I have the Allure and I think it's far more better, although some times I find that very sweet too.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Manifesto is a warm vanilla gourmand with a nice hint of something green. It's really not that bad... But I'm still a bit disappointed.

There simply isn't anything particularly original about this perfume. This is Prada Candy with green top notes, or Lancome La Vie est Belle without the florals. This being a YSL perfume, I expected something more, well, unexpected. I just feel like I know this one already, and not in a good way.

rutaj
rutaj

Terrible cheap sweet smell. The bottle is gorgeous, however, why not invest into raw materials as well? YSL is a brand, after all, this smell does shame to its name

kutyafina
kutyafina

It's a great scent! I like it! So YSL!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This is a good scent. Yes, I would say I am rather a fan of YSL, but this is an unbiased opinion. This is a grown up gourmand. Nothing synthetic or over the top sugary sweetness. Warm and rich vanilla and nuttiness from the tonka bean with just a touch of citrus notes, all in the opening. As it dries down and my nose is used to the vanilla, I get faint white flowers and a slight woody base. I would buy this if I were in the mood to expand the gourmand section of my wardrobe. I much prefer this to the recent gourmands from Lancome. Sillage is powerful and longevity medium on me.

evhely
evhely

Oh my good!! What's it this??!!! It feels, just sprayed an attempt to mix green notes and vanilla ... I feel the bergamot fight with a cascade of vanilla... in the end the poor bergamot drowns and dies suffocated!!! After a few minutes the smell is just too sweet and looks cheap and trivial! It's just so oppressive:( And it seems to me a too sweet men's fragrance.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

i bought this just because i'm a huge fan of miss Jessica Chastain...i dont really care bout the smell..its all good to me as long as its EDP ;)

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I retried this yesterday, Actually the beauty of the bottle forced me to re-try it ..
well, I will forget that this is an (YSL) Scent.. the scent is good, it opens green then the dry down is delicious with (black current + vanilla + tonka bean) compo, the dry down reminds me a lot with (lancome belle) ..
personally this will be on my wishlist, because I am not a fan of the type of sweet scents from the beginning till the end, yes I like to smell the sweetness in my perfumes but not as the main idea of the whole scent..

Just another gourmand sweety. If you're into Hypnose, Le petite robe noir and so on, this one will be of yours likes. For me this kind of scent has just simply been overdone and I would have expected something else from YSL, because they seem kind of "late" with this "new creation".

gigiletta
gigiletta

return of the king vanilla:)last 2 years prada,lancome,guerlain made sugaric-vanilic-sweetie fumes,but this one is different,greenish-vanilic.not too sticky or young style,classy elegance and cool.i cant smell any flower or juicy fruit.good blended sweet notes with grass,good for all seasons.

trueblue19
trueblue19

This one smelt cheap and synthetic and the only thing on my mind was to scrub it off. It's not particularly bad but with Opium, Rive Gauche, Paris etc existing, Manifesto is just soooo disappointing and now I can't even remember the smell. I guess one would expect more from this brand.

YSL have been continuously failing to impress me through the past few years. Nothing classic, just some fruity lollipops you'd forget about from the very first sniff. A decade ago, When I was reading ELLE and Vogue as a teenager, YSL perfumes meant all luxury to me. Today, it has fallen into commercial toys lacking real spirit or character. It's a shame to witness the death of a genius and birth of a mediocrity.

edit: I should add that Manifesto is the name of a Isabella Rossellini perfume and the bottle design is similar to Madeleine Vionnet perfume.

parislady
parislady

Manifesto opens strong and ends with a soft and lovely bang.
Its a sexy adult scent, of course it has vanilla, but thats not all it has character in the form of some lovely jasmine and lily of the valley,black currant bergamot and green notes are in there,in just the right amount and tonka beans,cedar and sandlewood are so well mixed that it is a heady mix but not in any way overpowering.
I love it and find it sexy and very good quality with good lasting power and soft dry down.
Worth investing in for christmas or just a treat.
A true Oriental Floral.

Kitty48
Kitty48

I'm not certain yet whether this one is a keeper, I do like it although the notes in it aren't really 'me', I rarely like to have too much vanilla and fruit. I had tried it in a perfume store before buying a bottle, so it wasn't a blind buy this time.
Now this is really a mystery perfume, because some days the top notes are pure blackcurrant and today I detect pure caramel. Maybe this could be due to the sudden drop in temperature over here, but today it was a truly different experience.
I don't get green notes from this and not many white flowers - even on dry down when the sweetness calms down a little. The woodiness doesn't show itself through the sweetness either, which is a shame.
I would class this as a winter perfume, in summer it might be too cloying - it seems to fit the Christmas season quite well, so the launch timing seems perfect.
I would call this one a 'chameleon' perfume, it seems to produce a different effect every time I wear it and that alone could draw me back to it time and time again.

saguna
saguna

As somebody said before, it's just very commercial next sweet sugary flowerbomb which wants to hit the market like Angel Thierry Mugler. No success for me. Angel was first and it's completely well blended and how to say... complete. There can't be anything better in sweet / salty/ cold perfumes.
This one is of quality of Halle Berry ' Halle', and you can get it much cheaper.
The bottle I received as a gift will go to my 13 y old daughter, as she loves vanilla.
Disappointed.

Ursula Jaschke
Ursula Jaschke

It's like a slap in the face. I feel like suffocating under layers of an old woman's petticoat which had been stored away with a lot of mothballs for ages... Definitely not my cup of tea. I'm very disappointed. YSL could have done better.

I like Yves Saint Laurent a lot and Manifesto is a great creation. I think it takes a refined nose to get the quality of the scent, I find it appealing, green notes mixing very nicely with the sweet notes, this is so easy to reach for and feminine , it smells so good also .It has the quality of YSL throughout, the scent gets a bit powdery in the base , but so lightly, real pretty feminine scent.
It is for everyone really , although it is not girlish, it has timeless attraction.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

I can't smell any jasmine, only sticky sweet vanilla at first with a slight green note. Luckily the sirup turns into powder after a while. To me it's more a "smell" than a real perfume.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but this is not the kind of perfume I would expect from a great house like YSL. I know Opium had a cheap formula even when it was launched in 1977, but it didn't smell cheap! If Manifesto is what L'Oreal wants to represent the brand with in the Sephoras of the world... fine, I just hope they will also come up with some sort of more luxurious "private collection" with better compositions worth of the tradition of the french Haute Parfumerie and everything the name Yves Saint Laurent stands for.

Lorina001
Lorina001

this it reminds me of a softer and lighter version of Tropiques by Lancome in the beginning which is not available anymore. Still it is veeery sweet and might get annoying after a bit. To me it smells more like caramelized almonds than pure vanilla.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

"manifesto" is incredibly vanillic and goes a bit salty after a little while on my skin, which must be the percieved almond note another reviewer mentioned. wish i had been able to pull more of the powdery / green notes. this was quite linear on me, not even a hint of florals at any point.

to me, "manifesto" is a grown-up/mature take on "pink sugar" (and, in fact, several other uncomplicated gourmands.) wish i was having the same beautiful evolution/experience other reviewers here are having with this fragrance. bottle is pretty enough and has a nice grip.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I believe that the relevance of Fragrantica is sharing our opinions and the joy of what a scents can bring us, not name of the perfume or the design of the bottle. This is Fragrantica, not Art College.

Not all scents will work for everyone, like music or even food, I have yet to try YSL's Manifesto to share my opinion.

noninoni
noninoni

I think YSL can do better esp. with vanilla. I have tried it twice and failed to identify its personality. It is a pass for me.

Catty

For me, it´s Flower Bomb . . .no personality at all! more one candy launch! very commercial!

Biliana
Biliana

I don't know what this fragrance is about, but I wouldn't even touch the bottle to understand. Some houses make it all wrong when it's about names of certain scents...

busik
busik

From cap completely different smell, but when inflicted on myself .. m-m-m .. vanilla and tonka bean soloist. And then as to powder! Vanilla powder, in mind flashed the thought that there is an echo from The One Dolce & Gabbana. That's where the discrepancy names, advertising campaigns, and content. Hey, fans of powder, looking for it everywhere, you always look here!!!

plumblossom
plumblossom

This fragrance is sweet but not sickening, it reminds me a lot of famous french biscuits called "Petit beurre" or "petit brun". I can't smell green notes at all.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Familiar. That is the word that describes Manifesto for me. I don't see how this scent could make a statement other than "I smell nice".

Manifesto is pleasant in it's own sweet gourmandish Cinema with a bit of Candy and a dash of Armany Lei way. But nothing intriguing here.

Meanwhile Elle - a scent with a little more personality, IMO, has been discontinued. I guess YSL should have named the new perfume Elle for its girly universal appeal, and give the Manifesto tag to the old Elle. It definitely matches more the description with its peppery berried patchouli and monolith magenta bottle.

Bottom line: Manifesto is nice but totally forgettable like so many other vanilla scents on the market. I'm not a fan of the bottle either.

Safia10
Safia10

Smells just like Georgio Armani for Women. The ingredients sound lovely but I'm afraid this falls into the 'air freshener' category for me.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

winx61:
They had do chance the name from "Champagne" to "Yvress" beacuse the Champange makers of the Champagne district has monopoly of the name "Champagne"

winx61
winx61

Manifesto is a parfum by Isabella Rossellini. Why YSL should always take the names to someone else ... see Champagne then became Yvresse.
Now "Manifesto" of Isabella Rossellini ...
Lacking in imagination?

winekid
winekid

If you love vanilla you'll probably love this. Not the most complex scent - unlike some of the ones beloved on this site - but pleasing and wearable. An everyday sort of scent. Reminded me of hypnose (probably the vanilla).

pablOSO
pablOSO

horrible bottle..boring scent..

NEXT!

orlagh5
orlagh5

Yes i like this fragrance a lot. Starts of with quite a lot of the green notes, then the white flowers follow and dry down is very creamy vanilla. Husband thought it was flowerbomb when he entered room. It is similar but the green notes make it slightly different. Thumbs up from me anyway.

Raquel73
Raquel73

This is the same that Lolita L.I will not to buy it :-(

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I was so prepared to hate this and I so wanted to hate it. I usually do not like sweet vanilla fruity scents but this one.....gosh it is rather amazing. It's like freshly baked shortbread cookies sprinkled with sugar and smeared with a thin layer of blackcurrant jam.
It is sweet but not cloying and not annoying, I think this must be due to green notes present. I want to keep sniffing it all the time!!! Perfect for cold autumnal days.
I am very surprised at this, it has excellent longevity and projection and is very morish.
Well done YSL!!! This is the first scent from this house I actually like.

Juma
Juma

This beauty confirms how I prefer as my favourite perfume house the Yves saint Laurent.
It seems it suits to my body chemistry perfectly.
I am enjoying my little decant sent from my dear friend Nathalie today and I am thrilled at the scent.
So sophisticated, nothing in your face, just quite and consistant perfection. The scent is lingering around and whispering, not screaming. Interesting mixture of sweetness and green notes with bolder tonka bean and bergamot.
The perfume of 2012, IMO.

Oriental Floral is a perfect definition for Manifesto, but it should be add also "sweet almond".
I tried and liked on the spot but like is not love and the initial enthusiasm fell a bit after only 30 minutes of smelling it from the paper and on my skin.
It is a nice scent indeed, but all in all quite in the line of so many recent scents on the "berry+sugar" concept, some are better made, some are not. In the limits of the concets Manifesto falls in the right side of well-made, nonetheless it could be annoying after a while.... I'm not sure, I will try again for sure. It has some attractiveness within like a "perfume of woman", something that being an acquired modern taste it immediately reminds "woman around". I wouldn't be surprised if Manifesto caused many heads to turn towards the wearer searching for that whift of womanity.
Same effect as Cinema but that was even worse, a vanillic concoction.
In Manifesto I smell an interesting nutty edge that reminds me of Laura Biagiotti Tempore.

jinjun
jinjun

A powdery biscuit.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Sweet, feminine, and fresh with a slightly powdery base, it's the kind of fragrance that's so easy to wear and really such a pleasure to be around that it can easily go from like to love. I like the greenish edge to it and I love the light, sweet, powdery base. It feels seamless in its transition through top/heart/base notes, and refined without being structured. There is a sense of effortless beauty, and nothing disharmonious about the composition.

renneyg007

Im not sure why YSL get there perfumes so wrong sometimes. They produce a masterpiece like Opium (like it or not it demands respect) and then go horribly off the rails with this and Cinema. I didnt even spray it on, just a whiff from the spritzer and that was enough to deter me, like a badly played piano. If your going to give me blackcurrant as a note then do it properly like Valentino 'Rock'n' Rose'. Also i'm always nervous when a perfume is described as "spontaneous, free spirited and courageous; a scent full of passion and emotion." I dont want to smell like a warrior i want to smell like a woman.

vdxl
vdxl

This one is nice, but moreso when considered a masculine fragrance. It does smell fruitchouli on top, but it managess to obtain an overall smoothness that is to die for: it's not overly vanilla, not overtly patchouli and I don't find it too sugary-sweet. I love it on my skin: the sillage is good and a yummy skin is left...However, the notes do not describe the fragrance very well: I do get a vanilla with a patchouli hint, a smooth woody note and a soft floral note, but I cannot distinguish any jasmine or lily of the valley. If I were to find a scent in it's style, that would be Allure Sensuelle -Chanel in any formulation.

Ladygabbiano
Ladygabbiano

So boring... too much sweet for me

Marie76
Marie76

I differ from most reviewers here...I like it, but I detect nothing oriental about it. I must have the wrong nose on, but this smells like coconut to me!
It's sweet, fruity, gourmand, playful, elegant.
It's like womanity by Thierry Mugler but elegant and less serious, like a grown up version of Britney's fantasy. It's a lovely fragrance! Not for me, but not bad!

melia
melia

I really like the presentation of Manifesto. The add, the bottle.. I really thought it would represent (or manifest) something. However I'm very sorry to say that according to me, the juice doesn't live up to all of it. It smells like a celebrity scent to me, to be honest (and that's what reviews are about aren't they?)... In a bad way. It has two different stages though. It opens with creamy vanilla and a vague fruity mess which reminds me of artificial whipped cream from a can... For an instant I thought it smelled good, but it really had this weird plasticy sidenote and a quite linear appeal which made me think I would get bored with it SO easily. Later the linear vanillacream-note simply evaporates, and what's left is sugared cassis (whith the slightest tint of artificial green). Again I start to get a slight doubt; maybe it smells nice after all. But no, it's just not quite. I'm so sorry for the negativity, but I'm really sure there will be a lot of people very positive saying this is "Yummy", so hey, no worries if there's a little black hole in the market for Manifesto.

Berenicekezia
Berenicekezia

This is a VERY lingering fragrance that is extremely reminiscent of Paul and Joe's Blanc for women. It has a sweetness in the top note and this, to be honest, does not subside quickly. The vanilla is candy floss in style rather than a true Vanille and it has a contemporary 'feel' compared to the YSL standards and this might broaden its appeal...however, it unfortunately has a touch of 'celebrity perfume' harshness about it and after about 1 hour the odour was actually making me feel rather queasy! It is unusual and unlike classic YSL fragrances but unfortunately for all the wrong reasons - nothing distinctive about it and it is rather disappointing because it is such a mainstreamer....best forgotten for me.........

auroramaria
auroramaria

have just tested this and upon spritzing on my wrist the vilest smell took over my nostrils! I couldn't believe how bad this smelt, luckily on dry down it mellowed out a bit and now all I can smell is what seems a thousands other perfumes all put together.
I love YSL but this one is so weak and ordinary I can't believe it comes from such a legendary house.
So disappointed

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Nice model. The scent is yet another sweet shop confection with about as much depth as a puddle. People will say 'but it smells nice'...yes, it does, but for Forty quid and coming from the brand that launched the original Opium and 'Y' I want something more ground breaking. They died after making 'Elle' which was a decent woody floral, going on to Hatchet their classic scents in a bad series of mistakes which this will not redeem by any means.
On wearing, I realised that this smells exactly like Dove body cream! Maybe there should just be one perfume and it could be named 'Multi National Company Smell'

susana75
susana75

Reminds me alot of Amethyst lalique , mixture of green and sweet

beep_beep
beep_beep

Weak, sugary and boring... Next...

querelle
querelle

Yves Saint Laurent it's now DEAD. It's official.

Quasar
Quasar

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just no words i think yves saint laurent would never ever neverrrrrr agree to launch such a scent
Smells like thousands other scents
Britney spears
Lancome
Etc.......no words

Shwets
Shwets

Another fragrance that follows the footsteps of flowerbomb with a twist.....not impressed but bored.

maen
maen

Today was the official launch of it. Is a super pretty scent, very feminine and elegant.
For me is a new way for the brand. Offering something different from what They have.
At first the brilliant green start with a hint of black currant, for make it sweeter, then a special dry-down, jasmin mixed with sandalwood and tonka bean, very very sensual.
Also has a good staying power and is noticeable.
Good job to both noses, from Paris and New York, has a good touch of the two cities.

fraushka
fraushka

Youth Dew, is that you?))

Emiraa
Emiraa

This fragrance is my new love, so gorgeous and special!
Very unusual mixture of green and sweet scent but at the same time intoxicating smell. Slightly oriental but not too much. Very long lasting and definitely eye catching.
Watch out you might be bitten if you wear this fragrance.:)))
And the bottle OMG gorgeous!
YSL realy surprised me this time.

Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent 3.64 out of 5 based on 1552 ratings and 316 user reviews

Yves Saint Laurent MANIFESTO Rollerball 0.34 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Yves Saint Laurent MANIFESTO Rollerball 0.34 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Eau de Parfum Rollerball, .34 oz
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Eau de Parfum Rollerball, .34 oz
Manifesto Perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, 1.6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Manifesto Perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, 1.6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
MANIFESTO YVES SAINT LAURENT for WOMEN by Yves Saint Laurent EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
MANIFESTO YVES SAINT LAURENT for WOMEN by Yves Saint Laurent SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ FREE SHOWER GEL 1.7 OZ TRAVEL OFFER
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Eau de Parfum, 1.6 oz
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Gift Set 1.6oz
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz Perfumed Shower Gel 50ml 1.6oz 2pcs
Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Eau De Parfum Spray 90ml 3oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'Manifesto' Eau de Parfum 3 oz
EDP Mini 3oz
Yves Saint Laurent 'Manifesto' Set 152 Value One Size
Yves Saint Laurent 'Manifesto' Set 152 Value One Size

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.