Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Opium Fraicheur d'Orient Yves Saint Laurent for women

Opium Fraicheur d'Orient Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Opium Fraicheur d'Orient is a limited edition from 1998 of the famous Opium perfume. This variation is fresher than the original, as the name says ("oriental freshness"), perfect for summer days with its floral, spicy aromas of wood and without alcohol. The composition is made of tangerine, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, jasmine, carnation, coriander, musk, amber, patchouli, wood notes and resins.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

Musk Carnation Jasmine Patchouli Amber Ginger Coriander Cinnamon Tangerine Pepper Woodsy Notes Resin

Opium
Opium Collector Edition 2008
Opium Collector's Edition 2013
Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme
Opium Vapeurs de Parfum

Opium Fraicheur d'Orient Fragrance Reviews

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

stumbled across this treasure when on holiday last week. I was supposed to be on a quest for samples. When I saw the wrapped box of Opium Fraicheur d'Orient, I recalled a version of Opium - Fleur de Shanghai - that I picked up years ago, also when on holiday. I loved it as it was a little lighter than the original Opium.
I hoped maybe this would be similar. No tester available to try so this really was a blind buy.

When I got my purchase back to the B & B we were staying at, I opened up the box and sprayed my purchase with abandon. Simply heaven.

There is a brief twang of orange but it soon dissipates. Then there is a very slow mellow burn of jasmine, carnation, with a gentle flicker of musk, tonka and resins. Very much a skin scent for me but it lasts and really holds onto textiles and hair. The spouse can smell this perfume, which is unusual because it is so gentle.

Two days later, I went back to the charming store to purchase the only other bottle of Opium Fraicheur d'Orient. My logic being that I would probably never find it again.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

refreshingly sweet pop like yet heavy scented...
i just don't have the right words to express how beautiful the scent is.

krmarich
krmarich

This first official Opium flanker has popped up on the ebay market. I had to have it simply because its under $50. Its from the same era all of those YSL gourmands-In Love Again, Vice Versa and Live Jazz. Opium final gets its day in the sun, literally. I cannot wait to try this on the next hot day.

How can you lighten the dense heavy original of legend? (Opium=hot & spicy decadence.) You cant really, yet this is a nice variation It is alcohol free and acts like a body spray or EDC. I imagine it was thought up for those Opium lovers who want to wear it to the beach in the sunshine. Indeed, it has a "suntan oil" quality. Its almost a little too synthetic, yet not as fake as the current 2009 reformulation.

It opens a with an effervescent orange tang. The spice is turned down to a whisper with ginger and white pepper most prominent. You get Opium echoes at times. Mostly the greener floral notes and some amber smoke. It reminds me of the body cream that tames everything down, yet you can tell its Opium.

A times I get the Coca Cola and vanilla caramel in this. I have to say its the most distant interpretation of the classic before 2009. That alone was a bold move in the day. It qualifies as a light warm weather compatible cousin to Opium. Oh, did I mention its playful and has a sense of humor? You cannot help but smile when you sniff this.

Allinug
Allinug

It smells so wonderful. It's smells of spicy Coca Cola and something sweet, I love it.

I have a tester bottle and on the bottle it says A sparkling harmony, sensual and gourmand.

Top notes: Tangerine, Watermelon
Middle notes: Jasmin, Magnolia
Base notes: Vanilla, Caramel

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Smells like incense + soda.
Gives me that 1.001 Nights feeling.
But the staying power is almost inexistent.

Opium Fraicheur d'Orient by Yves Saint Laurent 4.07 out of 5 based on 34 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Fraicheur d'Orient fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Fraicheur d'Orient, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Opium Fraicheur d'Orient by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Opium Fraicheur d'Orient by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.