Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for women

Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for women

Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

In line with festive spirit and the editions with mythical themes, this fragrance is captured in a bottle decorated with one of the most typical Chinese symbols – a golden dragoon.

The fragrance is presented as 2007 limited edition and offers a fusion of oriental notes, mandarin, jasmine absolute, red myrrh, and powdery soft vanilla.

Mandarin Orange Jasmine Myrhh Vanilla

Opium Elixir Voluptueux

Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Sensual, sultry... captivating!

This is the second flanker to the Opium series of perfumes, the first being Opium: Secret de Parfum. That one was a balsamic mix of florals and resins. With this one, I can't help feeling a certain "cinnamony" vibe. I know cinnamon is not listed, so it could be the mix of vanilla, amber and resins creating this. Nevertheless this is a wonderful fragrance. It is a spicy, deep oriental and I like it very much. It does smell different from the current Opium. It's richer, deeper, and more sensual. Is it worth seeking out? If you want a real hit of proper perfume, the old-fashioned, vintage style, then yes. I also think that Cinnabar by Estée Lauder would work well as a substitute, in the "style" and "feeling" of this perfume, but not the same notes or smell. Very good.

Other notes which are not in database are: rose, lilies, coriandre, plum, vanilla, clove, pepper
On the box is written:

A red and gold phoenix, fabulous animal from Chinese legends, dresses the Opium Eau de toilette. Earth's guardian, the phoenix is an imaginary bird reigning over all birds, thanks to its wonderful singing.
Having the majesty and the beauty of a peacock, the phoenix is the symbol for life and longevity.

Very similar to the classic Opium, with a strong fiery clove, spicy tangerine peel, soft rounded incense with a drop of vanilla.
Very resistant and loopback.
A soft, enveloping, passionate, love Opium!
The bottle with the Dragon and the round window just a fetish

I picked up a now scarce bottle of this EDP on line in 2008. Smart move, as it is now as rare as gold. The dragon bottle grabbed my attention. Its perfect for the Year of the Dragon. Opium in its original formula is dragons breath...

Vintage EPD can easily last 24 hours or more on your clothes. Dont let the short list of ingredients fool you. This is Opium with the long list. I could rant and rave about its loss, however this bottle will last me for the rest of my life. One drop is all it takes.

It is so well composed that the individual notes cannot be identified. Its spicy, hot, has something floral and a deliciously creamy sandalwood/vanilla base. Its cause for wrist sniffing is so addictive...

In the 1980s, it was the scent of the Alpha female. She could dominate a crowd and any man within her wake. In our current user friendly perfume world, Opium was bound for extinction. It meant business!

It is an Asian fairy tale that will soon be forgotten as our vintage bottles go dry. Send me a message in 2050 and I will still have my bottle if you want it! Now days, I sit around sniffing a drop on my hand by the fireplace alone and dream of dragons in the clouds...

Harajuku Love
Harajuku Love

Adore it!

Very pretty oriental fragrance. I picked it to try and was encouraged by sniff from the bottle- it was a bit old fashioned- just like original Opium- only it was a bit too much strong for today.
So- at first quite old fashioned- it has this almost classic perfumey smell- sophisticated, strong and mature. I was very pleased with it- it seems all 'old fashioned' perfumes turn their best on my skin- it's just pleasure to sniff it, I couldn't stop putting my nose close to wrist with Opium Légendes de Chine. Then it turns to this very chinese style heaven- spicy, but creamy and all warm. I can't separate the notes but I would place this in line with Kenzo Jungle Elephant- both are yummy, warm, spicy, natural and very adorable.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Oppulent, spicy, warm and extremely yummy. On a side note, this bottle is charming and a treat to behold. This is one fragrance that makes me feel so very sophisticated and traveled, even though I may not be! Will always be a classic for me.

Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent 4.26 out of 5 based on 62 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Opium Légendes de Chine eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.