Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Opium Orchidée de Chine Yves Saint Laurent for women

Opium Orchidée de Chine Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Opium Orchidée de Chine Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Opium Orchidée de Chine by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Opium Orchidée de Chine was launched in 2007. Top notes are spices, mandarin orange and neroli; middle notes are carnation, orchid and jasmine; base notes are nutmeg, iris, amber, patchouli and vanilla.

Spices Mandarin Orange Neroli

Carnation Orchid Jasmine

Nutmeg iris Amber Patchouli Vanilla

Opium Orchidée de Chine Fragrance Reviews

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

First of all NOTHING beats the vintage original Opium. Secondly, the new Opium is so unrecognizable it isn't worth speaking about, as far as I'm concerned. With that said, as much as I dislike scents that come with a dozen flankers, I have to admit that Opium Orchidee de Chine is delightful. You can see the relationship to its spicy/floriental roots in the original, yet it has it's own special seductive thing going for it that I can't really articulate.

RedIndianGirl
RedIndianGirl

I was an Opium addict in the early 80's -- it was my go-to scent. Whenever I smell it now I'm taken back to the times when my hair was purple and spikey, all my clothes were a tad too big and I wore pointy-toes pumps that have given me bunions as an adult. So I was nostalgic when I discovered it in a perfumery outlet and bought it, without sampling, right on the spot. Not unhappy with it at all. It's a modern spin on a very high-toned classic, with a light vanilla scent that cuts the deep spicy bouquet of the Opium but doesn't drag it down. On me a little spritz lasts all day and into the evening. My husband loves it on me, but he came of age in the 80s as well and says it makes him nostalgic for the nightclubs and dancehalls of our youth. A winner.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

The original Opium notes can still be smelled here, although very much tamed by orchid and carnation. This is a very pretty, powdery, inoffensive and feminine perfume and much easier for me to wear than the original. Although not listed I seem to get a little bit of musk in the drydown, but it could be the iris.

nicole.lu
nicole.lu

Really? I grew up in China and oriental orchid neither looks like what's on the bottle nor smells like any notes in the bottle. YSL's development team should have done more research before releasing this perfume. Big no-no.

agstab
agstab

Oh I love it som much, perfect balance between floral and psycy woody for me, vey sexy!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Quite comparable to the original Opium; a spicy opening, warm and heady development with the spicy notes remaining identifyable in the delicate floral development. Dry-down keeps both the spiciness and the warmth. Less "edgy" than the original, but still a big fragrance with excellent longevity and an outspoken sillage for a "summer" edition.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Paradise vanilla. Velvety floral version of Opium with vanilla instead of incense and orchid-nutmeg instead of cloves/cinnamon. Powder makes it gentle and soft. True pleasure. I don`t know what tropical island smells like, but this is how i imagine it - the smell of orchid leis those naked tahitian girls were hanging on Mel Gibson in Bounty. I always wanted to be that girl:)

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Bloody hell! This one is a knock out! Very potent stuff! It really does shake one to the core first, but settles down on the skin beautifully! Quite different to the original Opium, but still has the desired peppery effect of the original.

yslorchiddechinee
yslorchiddechinee

This is my other favorite fragrance. It only came out in a 'tester' bottle, had to search e-bay for a year to find one. The original Opium by YSL is for older ladies. This is much more youthful, but for a lady. It's soft, and just alluring.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

I tried by a tester and it was love at first sniff!
I think i'll buy it

olga1780
olga1780

Love it!!!!! Like so many people here i still have memories from childhood when i used to smell my mom's Opium bottle. Even though it was pretty powerfull stuff, i was mysteriously drawn to the scent. Finally bought a large bottle of this light version blindly and have no regrets whatsoever. What a deep, mysterious, and sexy fragrance! I'm in my early 30's, so this version of Opium is just perfect...maybe in 10-15 years i will be ready for the original one. lol

natalochka
natalochka

Another great version of Opium.This one more suiteble for young people like me.Charming and sexy smell, i love it.Lasting power amazing too, more then 16 hours.

juliane
juliane

Similar to the original, also sexy and somehow clean, but with the exotic and rich smell of orchids, the orchid accord reminds me a bit of YSL Nu. Because this is such a big bottle I almost use it as body spray and I always get compliments about it. Imo it's not as dry as the original, very good for younger women.

Giorgio
Giorgio

This is a great scent, floral, exotic, misterious...very sexy and feminine. Like tradicional Opium with soft tones, ideal for summer. Long lasting and excellent sillage. If you want to feel sexy an unique go for this one.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

I tried Opium Orchidee, its not tender fragrance as I thought. Very exotic-flowery perfume, developed wonderful on my skin. Bottle is so romantic with little orchid flowers on it. :)

2007

Opium Orchidée de Chine by Yves Saint Laurent 4.34 out of 5 based on 109 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Orchidée de Chine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Orchidée de Chine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Opium Orchidée de Chine by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Opium Orchidée de Chine by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.