Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme Yves Saint Laurent for women

Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme by Yves Saint Laurent is a oriental vanilla fragrance for women. Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2008. Top notes are tangerine and ginger; middle notes are jasmine and magnolia; base notes are patchouli, musk, vanilla and myrhh.

Tangerine Ginger Mandarin Orange Citruses

Jasmine Magnolia

Patchouli Musk Vanilla Myrhh

Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

Virkrattan
Virkrattan

I have 100ml bottle of this fragrance.. only 10ml used.
new condition.
Let me know if anyone interested..

Australia only

sophywt

I think this is the only case that I was so shocked by the design and refuse to try the scent...

when it first launched, i post a review here about the package design, you could still find it at the bottom. it takes me 5 years to get over it and finally try the scent.

well, it doesn't perform that good as other said but except the too sharp openning part, it mostly is a quite nice light oriental scent with some depth in it. and i particularly like the slight animalic aspect of it.

AshyAC
AshyAC

A wonderful blind buy!!!
sexy seductive and mysterious scent!!!!
for autumn night!!!!
20 US dollars for 3.3 oz!!!

A very pretty light floral with the scent of pollen like in a real flowre. The base is deeper than this would suggest, almost a flower incense with light woody notes. Somehow it manages to be light and deep at the same time. Basically an oriental that floats. Lovely.

Симба
Симба

This version of Opium is now sold in Russia for a penny - about $ 30. In my opinion, Poetry China deserves more attention - a beautiful chocolate trail, endurance, and the similarity with the classic Opium. The red bottle is a bit cheap, but the contents of all compensation. I love it!

monamonib
monamonib

hgot this version recently and iwant say it is very close to original opium and only ismell ginger and myreh
and one spray stay 5 to 6 hour so it is strong also and can be other replace for opium it can be orintel spicy not vanilla

passionata20
passionata20

24 july 2012

i LOVE the original Opium but have never tried most of the flankers, since i thought they are not the same as the legendary fragrance. Today i have finally experienced this one by accident. A customer has dropped a bottle of it onto the floor and it fell into pieces. I didn´t know that until i have suddenly smelled an amazing scent spreading all over the hall. I became so anxious and kept asking everyone "what IS that AMAZING smell?" Everyone was totally disgussed by it, i was the only one who could appreciate it. I knew it reminded me of something very classy and something i have smelled before, i just couldn´t remember. Then customer told me it was Opium and particular this flanker.
I don´t care about the bottle (to be honest i Do like it a lot), but let me tell you about the smell. This is very close to the original Opium with more brighter notes (orange in particular). If i see original Opium oriental, but more "down to earth", this one is more "joyful and breight". The original is dawn, but this one is sunrise. Lovely magnolia note with spices and myrhh. So uplifting! Really amazing sillage (well, it was the whole bottle actually) and incredible lasting power. Now my only concern is: where to get this one for myself! I cpuld really wear this one during summer time as well. I will spare my original Opium for autumn, but this one is summer scent!
Don´t judge it by the bottle, just go and try this scent! You´ll get a nice surprise (but you have to like Opium at least).
LOVELY!!!

This non-spicy version of Opium greets you with a big smack of concentrate and heavy Ginger & Orange peel combo; trying to convey the freshness. Then it becomes heavy buttery floral scent and vanilla while Ginger/Orange like to stick around to the end as well. I think this flanker has been cleaned up and simplified but still have the same potent character of the original. I don't exactly understand why "de Chine"? But just please use it with caution.

rebella
rebella

I totally worn the original Opium out during the 80'ies. I worned it so much that I finally got over sensitive to it, and years after I stopped using it I´ve got headache just by enter the same room as someone wearing Opium. Luckily enough, the years gone bye and Opium lacked in popularity.

Even tough I know about the headache, I still realsie that i really love Opium in a way. It was my first love, passionate, answered and depp, in a perfume that is. So from time to time I´ve missed it and tried to wear it anyway, with no lucky result.

So I was quite excited having an opportunity to try this thanks to a swap. And?

Yes, it´s really lovely. Much brighter, sunnier, riper than the original Opium, but still with pretty much of it´s heart and soul left. You will immediatly recognise the familiar scent of Opium, but with and more modern, even youthful (I think) twist.

Even if it´s lighter it still quite a heavy scent, and work best for evening wear or when you don´t expect to offend anyone with your perfume. Well, anyway I don´t get headache from this one. :)

Longlasting with heavy sillage, be warned that this perfume enters the room way ahead of you, just like the original Opium. It will draw attention to you, but not in the same dark, mystical way as original Opium.

A good alternative.

joybee88
joybee88

I'm Chinese, and this bottle...does look cheap. YSL didn't put much thought into it or they just misunderstood everything?

I haven't tried this, but the composition seems fresh. Well actually I haven't seen this one in stores here. Maybe it's not well received...

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

I agree with Marianne, the original Opium is an extremely heavy scent and all these latest inspirations of the Orient by YSL are softer and less cloying. I believe the bottle design is and should be embraced by the Chinese because of its clean simplicity. Especially after the devastating exposure of all the environmental issues! Less is sometimes better and more effective for some people. A nice effort from YSL I think.

dolita
dolita

for me i give it 50 over 100 the bottle looks bad not for YSL products and you feel that you smelles it before not new

Marianne
Marianne

I am Austrian, but my first impression also was that the bottle looks cheap. Like plastic or some kind of imitation. Anyway, in my opinion, the scent is what counts. And I find the original Opium far too heavy. Maybe this special edition is lighter???

sophywt

I always adore YSL's design but this time...I know it's off-topic but I can't help but express my shock.

I know most westen people would love this bottle design, but in Chinese' eyes, it has a cheap feeling, sth inferior (hope this won't offend anyone.)

I send the bottle pic to my friends(all chinese), and their reaction were all the same: This is from YSL? Can't believe! Don't kid me!

Maybe this is what we called "culture shock".

Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme by Yves Saint Laurent 3.95 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Opium Poesie de Chine pour Femme by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.