Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women

Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Videos Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Videos
Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

The perfume is named after Paris, the adored city of Yves Saint Laurent, who created it as a tribute to the Parisiennes who are always elegant, romantic, vivacious, ironic, simple and charming. Paris is a brilliant harmony of roses and violet flowers. This woody-floral starts with bergamot and violet, followed my may rose and iris at its heart, ending with sensational warmth of sandalwood. It was created in 1983. Here you can watch an advertising video for Paris by YSL. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman.

Mimosa Orange Blossom Green Notes Rose Cassia Hawthorn Hiacynth Bergamot Nasturcia Geranium

Lily Violet Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Lime Blossom Rose

Eternity

Paris Fragrance Reviews

andreea.damian.98
andreea.damian.98

Many opinions have been said about this fragrance, but I have not seen any comments about how tiny and cute is the bottle. I have the 50 ml version, but seems to be the size of the usual 30 ml. Somehow strengthens the theory ”strong essences are kept in small bottles”. I was already in love with the fragrance, but now I'm also in love with the packaging.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

I remember when Paris came out, I loved it , it was / is not balsamic, nor aldehydic and not " 80's BIG " , believe me in those days it was nice for a change ! It is fresh , floral and feminine . An easy going scent with a luxurious and stylish projection . Very versatile fragrance !

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

I have the current edt and a mini of the vintage parfum, I've been wearing the latter today. It is an extremely rich and dense, sweet floral, centered around rose and violet. But I clearly feel the woody base, at least in this concentration. From what I remember, the edt is much more powdery. I don't wear this scent very often, but I should, because it's really lovely.
My first thought after application, was that it reminds me a little of Jean Patou 1000, which I recently got. Funny, because I've always thought of Paris as a very spring-like scent and 1000 as belonging to autumn. 1000 is drier, a lot woodier and has more moss (and civet, so there are big differences...), but I still feel that they are somewhat related.
The ressemblance is more evident to Bvlgari pour femme, with the rose-violet-iris theme (same nose, Sophia Grojsman). But Bvlgari feels much lighter and also muskier. Paris is a bigger bouquet of flowers, seemingly made up of every specimen they could find at the moment. And it works.

Shwets

I purchased this on offer yesterday at Boots: 30ml for £21,99 - though i'm not fond of the dagger shaped bottle.

It gives me less headache as the reformulations progress. I have the same bottle from 2009 which appears to be fruitier than what i bought yesterday. By the way the code indicates its July 2014 manufacture.

The current scent is not as fruity as what i remember from the original version. The sandalwood is more obvious and apparent on my skin.

The original would last for hours with massive sillage and current one still lasts long with less sillage. Still not bad at all as reformulation for this year as many fragrances are appalling from that point of view.

I suppose thats why i bought it as i love the scent of Paris.Its the EDT.
The EDP gives me unbearable migraine as do other fragrances such as VWs Boudoir, Eternity etc...

Musume
Musume

Paris to me is a huge bouquet of roses and violets on an amber bed. It's the quintessential feminine perfume, redolent of make up and lipstick notes. I imagine a beautiful woman dressed to the nines wearing it. So perfect.

Akarui_hana
Akarui_hana

Paris to me is like a happiness potion! I apply it and it lifts my spirits in an instant. It's a passionate floral, creamy, deep and chic. It has a stylish and seductive sweetness that will envelop you throughout the day without fail (no need to reapply during the day whatsoever). I detect many flowers but the violets and rose stand out nice and proud along with a delightful trace of amber. Do not over-spray because it is very potent and instead of enjoying this classy beauty you might end up suffocating yourself. I wrote this strictly for the EDP which is glorious, the EDT did not impress me in the slightest.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Paris opens as a pleasantly peculiar, almost odd chypre, quite herbal and stuffed with flowers but at the same time with a pungent, slightly skanky base, then sandalwood, resins, heliotrope, patchouli and "something" weird I can not isolate, a sort of camphoraceous feel quite humid and heavy which creates a dissonance in the blend that reminds me of Héritage by Guerlain. As minutes pass it then becomes more "balanced" and familiar, a floral-herbal chypre with a waxy-powdery side of orris root and violet on soft resinous woods - which in turn, after one hour or so again turns towards a bolder soapy-powdery mix, with a remarkable presence of tonka, cardamom and vanilla, and a light fresher breeze of flowers and herbs, "colouring" this creamy gourmand concoction. Finally, the drydown is more dry than one may expect, with flowers blossoming out again and aldehydes providing their signature's metallic-salty feel – however, it's globally and elegant, discreet and long lasting drydown. Overall a nice, fascinating scent, initially soft and elusive with a warm and creamy personality, not that sophisticated - on the contrary, it starts more like a lively, young, cozy and friendly scent, with a light and "urban" elegance underneath; then it becomes more and more mature, austere, feminine and sensual, with shades arising all over and all notes getting denser and spicier, and finally, like a dawn, it opens on a luminous, radiant and sophisticated drydown. Quite a complex but masterfully played evolution, a really modern scent, ironic and understated, but still with something I do not like entirely (perhaps it's "too much" complex to the point of smelling a bit confused at some points). However, surely worth a try.

Cielo163
Cielo163

This review is for the EDT version.

Just bought Paris yesterday and I'm officially in love.

You know that feeling when you smell a fragrance and immediately know that this is THE ONE. I normally test perfume 3 times before purchasing a bottle since I want to make sure they suit me, and perfume behaves differently on different circumstances. Weather,seasons,moods,occasions, etc they all contribute greatly to how a scent develops on your skin. But Paris is an exception. I know this beauty is for me the moment I spray Paris on my wrist.

It smells very potent at first, with a bit of green woody notes crawling in the background. The heart opens with a lovely old-fashioned combination of rose and violet. Paris becomes a much more warmer and sensual scent in the dry down. Very powdery and womanly, with a vintage vibe that I adore so much.

Paris is not for an untrained nose, or someone only dosing in mainstream fruity floral fragrances. This is for mature classic women with taste and style.

patxaran
patxaran

I used to almost hate it because an ex boss wore it. Well now I've inherited a bottle from my gran presumably vintage. It's almost full which is either because she kept it for special occasions or because it's simply so strong! Tested a tiny amount this morning and finally I can appreciate this with an open mind. A fresh dewy rose meets a powdery violet and there is no waxiness which could put me off. This is getting exciting, Paris is joining my powderbomb arsenal :-) I believe its power and longevity could be in the same league as Insolence.

Dorothy Grace
Dorothy Grace

Digging around in my perfume cupboard I came across a 7.5 ml miniature of Paris Eau de Toilette from the early 1980's. I have about 1/4 left.

The strength of this EDT is nothing short of phenomenal; no wonder after all this time I still have a 1/4 bottle remaining - it really does only need a little dab and lasts 12 hours plus.

A very rich violet and rose combo (powdery, thick and sweet) with lashings of velvety musk dominates on my skin for several hours and as such it is a little bit of a one trick pony. Eventually it becomes a little less sweet and powdery with a nod from geranium and undercurrent of amber.

What a beautiful picture the pyramid of notes makes but they are only there in a supporting role for me as Paris is almost linear on my skin.

For me violet dominates the rose and Paris reminds me very much of those cachous sweets (adored these - where can they be bought nowadays?), in particular the Parma Violet ones.

I wonder what the new formulation is like.

Eau de Toilette minature circa 1980s

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Attention! A very strong fragrance!Although I appreciate Parisienne, I coudn't like Paris. My boyfriend describes it as "poison". It's too retro for me.

birdy

Paris EDP in the drydown is exactly like the classic chewinggum Bubbaloo. Someone share this impression? vanilla and fruits! In the beginning is only rose rose rose!

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I deleted my review because somehow at the time I thought it was "adstringent". What was I thinking?

This is an absolutely gorgeous perfume. Very elegant and refined, but there's something cozy about it, just a touch. It's simultaneously powdery and creamy, like makeup powder, fresh but old-fashioned, if that makes sense. Truly a classic.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

I wish I could appreciate Paris, and I have liked it on others, but on me, all I can ever smell is tons of violets, one of my most disliked perfume notes. Probably the sandalwood in the base also doesn't help its likeability from my perspective. A few years ago I was shocked to hear this described as primarily a rose perfume, because all I ever smell is violets on a sweet powdery base.

smileysunshine
smileysunshine

Finally started wearing this again after taking a long break because someone once told me it smelled cheap, how silly of me to listen to them. It's still a nice flowery scent that brings with it an air of confidence and romance and I'm glad to be back with my old friend again :)

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Just re-ordered this after receiving the 'Paris Premieres Roses' and absolutely loving it! I can recall exactly what I did like about this scent and am now ready to give it another chance.

Powdery scents are a favorite of mine, and I'm excited to have another version of the beautiful 'Paris' in my life again! Bright, enlivening and fresh! Will update this as soon as it arrives next week :)

twillocks
twillocks

My first thought RED DOOR one of my favs. I have been wear it since it came out in 1989. Paris is somewhat lighter in scent. I am ordering a bottle now. All I have is a little same bottle :-(

Rebemario
Rebemario

I love Wendyangeln said in her review. I am 40 something now, I wore this in my early 20's and this fragrance still has its charms. There is something sexy yet soft and innocent about this fragrance that lifts your spirits when all the world seems sometimes out of sorts, there is this lovely scent that can remind you there is still beauty, kindness and love. Yup, all that from a perfume! :)

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

Some words can describe this perfume... Flower garden...Imagine a full bloomed garden full of hyacinths, roses, mimoses and violets.. So classic extreme floral and feminine... Inoccent smell... Pure love...

lepalm
lepalm

Why did it take so many years for me to discover this one? I received a mini of the edt with another purchase and didn't really think much of it smelling it straight from the bottle. It seemed nice but nothing too special so I put off testing it. When I finally did, I was pleasantly surprised: sharp, synthetic, green opening followed by soft powdery roses and violets in the dry down, not too harsh, not too strong, just perfect.

The first time I wore it, it reminded me so much of Eternity. Now that I see the nose behind Paris I understand why. I have had Eternity in my collection since it fist came out and honestly, I have no idea how I could have worn it every day the way I used to. Now days about 50% of the time it's a scrubber for me. I don't dare wear it on a hot humid day or in a car or in any other confined space. Way too cloying. But I still love it. Paris is wonderful because it gives me just enough of the Eternity vibe but without the cloying elements. Again, I have the Paris edt, I don't know if I would feel the same way about a stronger concentration. This is definitely full bottle worthy and I'm so glad I finally discovered this beauty. Better late than never I guess.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Violet and hyacinth? No thank you. Just throw in all of catholic Grandma's other florals too while you're at it. (Not quite as bad as Chloe Love or Estee Lauder Beautiful for the churchy florals factor, however.) Not only do Grandma's florals strip the rose of its romanticism but the composition has become slightly pungent with the over-floral-dose and countless other ingredients. Would this be considered a chypre? I don't even know. There's too much going on here--sandalwood, oakmoss, so many flowers, cedar...

I can appreciate the artistry and balance of YSL Paris on a purely intellectual level. Kudos on them for sticking in so many different flowers and not making it smell like crap. However, my senses are confused and overpowered. IMO florals should put you at ease. This is a Frankenstein floral.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

My friend owns a perfume store. They ran out of Paris so she gave me the tester bottle because they weren't going to restock it. (125ml EDT, only about 10 ml used - it's not a popular fragrance here in Nairobi)

I didn't even try it for a long one because I just... It even LOOKS heavy. One day, I was feeling less-than-inspired by my usual favourites, so I picked up Paris and - mistake - spritzed twice on my neck and on each wrist (which is how I wear perfume - my taste is normally lighter, more elegant scents). Paris tried to kill me in the five minutes that followed - SO STRONG! It is a very powerful, strong scent, as was the style in the 80s.

But don't write her off! Had I been home, I would have jumped right back in the shower, but I had put it on and hopped in the car so there was no escaping :)
By the time I got to where I was going (45mins later)... Oh my sweet Jesus. Paris had become a beautiful, powdery rose+violet veil! I was walking and I kept turning around to see if I was being followed because I kept catching whiffs of a supremely elegant, mature, PERFUME. I capitalize PERFUME because I don't think you can call this a scent - it wouldn't be mistaken for your natural scent - it is very much a perfumey perfume. But a beautiful perfume! A very beautiful perfume.

Paris is not a wallflower. She isn't skulking in the shadows, oh no. You know how there are fragrances that are supposed to attract men? Like, oh men find vanilla attractive, or men think jasmine is sexy or whatever? Paris is a woman who considers herself beautiful and feels no need to prove it. I think it would 'become' attractive on such a woman simply because she is wearing it.

Also, in this day and age, Paris STANDS OUT because very few young women haven't bought into the current Daisy/Flowerbomb trend, making classics like Paris very memorable and distinguishable.

Oh, and one more thing, Paris lasted through a shower, a night's sleep and the gym. The EAU DE TOILETTE. Colour me impressed.

vongocap
vongocap

Where is the Paris I used to know 20 yrs ago? This one is gone after half an hour, this smells even more plasticky than the original unreal cosmetic violet rose' in the old Paris smelt. Maybe it's no more it's time and it's place , who knows. Maybe I was only a young girl thrilled by such a womanly scent such as paris was. Now I'm used to all this modern scents, where a rose pretends to smell like a real alive rose with all the stem, the roots, the earth and the garden, that I'm no more able to love paris as it deserves,suddenly paris smells only like Barbie perfume to me... But it's not its fault..I'm sure it's mine!! Sad..

Fizzy
Fizzy

Paris YSL EdT smells very similar to White Linen from Estee Lauder. Paris is only more floral than White Linen and less screechy (soapy). Perfect clean aldehydic scent for summer.

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

Just picked up a bottle of the EDP 30% off :)
It's much sweeter now than the original. More powdery and candied violets in the modern version. The original had more depth and heavy notes. It kind I smells like Les Metiorites. A fun , bright little violet scent. Not as sexy as the original, but it's nice and light for summer.

ETA: Took two hours to develop, but the spicy under notes are finally present. So glad I finally treated myself to another bottle of this classic.

Paris reminds me of Red Door (I love Red Door) with no honey and a lot more violet. It's strong stuff! Very floral, mostly violet to my nose. Fruity, green cassis leaf is strong as well.

It smells very, very 80's. Somehow reminds me of my box of Barbie dolls from when I was a child.

Seems like a sophisticated scent for a bright and optimistic woman.

Sherihan
Sherihan

@gracenote-floralspice, I agree with all what you have said, it's true, exept tha last word you said, as for me it is the opposit here, more is less.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I had the same experience. Bought it a couple of years ago from France and used to wear it on special occasions. Now my bottle it's almost empty and think to purchase a new one, not from France this time. But I am sure I will get the same unique, romantic bouquet, that will embrace me with the scent harmonique, divin, francais...

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

I had the privilege of visiting Paris for a conference in 2009. As I was so excited to visit the city I purchased a bottle of this fragrance. On my skin the rose and violet surface. What an elegant fragrance. It is the elegance of brevity and simplicity, the purity of natural grace and can be summed up in one word: elegant. A wonderful interpretation of the city of love and light. When I mentioned the brevity aspect, I was not referring to staying power. Spritz lightly, or the lovely rose may be ruined. In this case: as the perfume would suggest: less is more.

Edee
Edee

The eau toilette is a bed scent. No staying power whatsoever. I wear it to bed or when I want just a little bit of fragrance. Because that is all I get, a little bit of fragrance. Wish I could get the Paris of 1983. But that was many years ago,and I was only a young woman busy raising two children and too busy to think about perfume and too young to appreciate the beauty of the perfume. I missed my chance and am so sad that I did.

Foxmom11
Foxmom11

I wish I had worn the EDP for my wedding day back in '91 instead of the EDT. I discovered that the EDP natural spray is by far richer and smoother (less alcohol) from beginning to end. Also, I have ordered fragrances from their origins in France and Italy and find that they, too, are by far better quality and strength, including the EDT's - YSL Paris being one of them. Your fragrance is part of who you are and well worth spending more for it. My mom always used to say, "If you find something that is going to be part of you, then get the best. If not, then shop at WalMart." :) I like to add that not being rich doesn't mean buying cheap, but buying smartly.

Ioli19
Ioli19

I am confused, I wore this in early nineties and I think current version is different , or course my memory may be playing tricks on me or I possibly liked different notes then! In any case, it's strong and powdery rose, I think there are better roses out there now.its heavier than most, and I think it's trying too hard.the violet is very prominent, and nice it is. I will wear it, but won't repurchase! And it's place is spring, I think summer it will come across a bit OTT.
And the 30 ml bottle is a pain, won't stand up!!

SabraHardy
SabraHardy

Yves Saint Laurent Paris reminds me and speaks to me the word SEDUCTION. it's like a affair to remember. When i wear it i am transported to the world of adventure. It makes me feel like a world traveler experienced, and fabulous. It lingers like a exciting lover. Paris like a hot air balloon ride.

username101
username101

The fragrance is lovely, but I don't find the bottle to be appealing.

Aeris

This stuff lasts FOREVER. I had about 1/4th of a mini bottle leak into my purse because I didn't screw the top on far enough. Not only could I smell it from many feet away, but it stayed liked that for months!!! Score! :)

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

New version doesn't smell even close to the original from 90s. It used to be edgy and sharper, long lasting, but became a diluted cloud of the original. Why they do it to old masterpieces? Probably the cost of synthetic ingredients is much lower and new stupid regulations or may be they are looking for a new young audience.

Aeris

This is so beautiful and romantic. Soft yet strong. Very floral. I love it.
I must confess something. I wore this one day thinking it was my YSL BabyDoll perfume in a state of tiredness. I didn't realize until the end if the day that it was Paris.
So the reviewer who said that this is like the mom version of BabyDoll, you're right. At least I'll keep telling myself that to excuse the fact that I had a case of mistaken identity with my perfume all day long.
Regardless, it's a gorgeous fragrance.

Pusteblumchen
Pusteblumchen

I have both EdP and EdT and curiously they're different.

I can only smell an explosion of Jasmine in both. I'd rather keep only the EdT though, it's lighter.

It's a bold scent and I cannot wear it daily. There must be for sure a reason and mostly of them won't fit in a working place :-) when you wear it you want to call attention, to evolve your own space with this gorgeous your fragrance.

It's a simple mixture and yes a bit oldfashionaded for our contemporary chaos but hey who doesn't need something easy sometimes?

The longevity is wide, it's accompanying you for at least 6 hours. The spillage is huge hence spray in a open place like a veranda or in your room with lots of space.

You won't find it funny to spray this luxurious scent in a tiny toilet room!!! You'll miss the magic honey!

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Paris EDT needs only a light spray (I am someone that usually sprays a lot).

Rose drydown is lovely.

I had tried Paris EDT or EDP?? many years ago and at the time it hadn't worked on my skin.

However, after loving the 2013 Paris flanker glad I tried the EDT again.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Well, the key in my opinion to this classic is to spray lightly. If oversprayed this little rose turns into a sillage monster that will not only take down the people around you but also yourself. Don't want to risk that, right? :)

My mom gifted me a big bottle many years ago and I still have 1/3 of it left because you really only need 1-2 spritzes and are good to go all day long. I received many compliments on this and recommend it for spring as well as fall and winter. Maybe, just maybe, for a cool summer evening as well. But hey, that's just my opinion!

Paris is such an amazing and classic scent - roses, hundreds and thousands of them captured in a bottle! Soft, powdery, rosy and fluffy. But not stale and clean. To me its like I'm holding my head into a bunch of roses while someone else poures baby powder over me. That may sound strange but I really love it!

Will always keep a bottle in my collection :)

SayakaP
SayakaP

Sorry, I don't like this.
The scent reminds me of shoulder pads & fuchsia lipstick.

chuetta
chuetta

I like this one a lot, but I think I will wait until i'm 30 or 40 to wear it again, it just seems like avery mature scent for me.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This is another scent I really wanted to love, and from its description and the listed notes and reviews I thought it would suit me well. I was gifted a bottle and was delighted to give it a try.
This was not what I expected it to be, unfortunately.
I don't know if it is my skin chemistry, personal preference or what but I don't get roses and I don't get violets, what I got smelled like a fairly cheap "teen" fragrance. Initial few minutes was simply sweet and vague floral. After about 10 mins all I could smell was mid-range cherry blossom shampoo. Very disappointed. I gave my bottle away. Not for me, this one.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is the most quite possibly the most powerful Sophia Grosjman creation of them all! The EDP is a gorgeous boudoir concoction of rose/violet vintage face powder...not to forget the iris. Just a beautiful mix of my favorite florals.

Paris is the scent of a 1930's parisienne actress...Lili Damita comes to mind...sitting at her French white dressing table trimmed in gold, a pink rose in her hair, wearing her best chiffon pink peignoir(yes this perfume makes me think pink!) Paris is everything that being a woman is about. Purely feminine, gorgeous and vintage Hollywood. I wouldn't expect anything less from Sophia Grosjman...delicious!

This will probably be my Valentines Day scent this year...after all, roses are the ultimate flower of love, are they not? ;)

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

One of the better 80 s perfumes it is the opposite of the super strong power scents that dominated that decade,a much more sweeter and floral scent which has great staying power,while I do not own this scent (at least not at the moment) I think that I can see why that this has hanged around for so long.

heybabette
heybabette

i have the original - i wanted so badly to love it and wear it all the time! but it just wasn't right for my skin - it didn't smell like roses on me, only very strong violet, and lots of talc powder - and something a little bitter. ended up giving it to my mom, who it smells a lot more lovely on.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

When Coco Chanel was in the process of creating Chanel No 5, she suggested to her perfumer in Grasse “I don’t want to smell like a flower; I want to smell like a woman.”

However, if you do want to smell like a flower, then this fragrance is for you!! You will be a beautiful rose!!

This fragrance smells, mainly, as a bouquet of roses. There is also a hint of geranium (but very subtle so that it only down tones the intensity of the rose.) The iris gives a discrete powdery feel to the fragrance while musk, amber and sandalwood give a slightly oriental feel but, not as much as to classify the fragrance as heavy or oriental.

Basically, all the elements revolve around the main scent which is the rose, either to down tone or to balance the intensity of a rosy smell and it is, indeed, a well-balanced fragrance.

If you do not like to smell like roses then, this fragrance is not what you are looking for; additionally, if you prefer crisp, light, fresh, soapy scents then I would not recommend it for you either. However, if you like relatively warm, flowery scents with a hint of an oriental twist then go for it, it will not disappoint you.

I do not feel it as a signature scent (like the very distinctive, classic fragrances) but it has a Parisian charm, that je nai se quoi.

Enjoy the perfume quest!

resonant.sillage
resonant.sillage

Paris !

The fragrance's name epitomizes the City after which it is named !

I have the EDP and that is what I prefer to EDT .

The fragrance is lovely . It has a feel of flowing satins , expensive flower boutiques , a room filled with Scarlet Carson's and the best quality roses , delicate soft creamy skins , supple kisses , cuddly sensual hugs and a classy stylish woman !
Does that summarize it for me .....
hmmm...
Nope !
lol...:)

There is still so much to this fragrance .
I like it myself and make it my signature now and then when I shift over to others but again come back to it .
But I also appreciate it much more when I smell it on others !

The first whiff of the fragrance after a spritz can be a little loud and strong for some people , when there is a gush of violets and slight citruses . But , let the fragrance settle down and begin its magic .
30 mins into and then comes this fresh waves of roses and more roses . Very nice and fresh and enticing .
Stays quite a long and then comes the musky sandalwood slight sweet dry down , that also stays !

Classy elegant women , romantic get outs , or just feel airy and fresh and light or want roses .

Longevity is excellent , stays quite long and sillage is huge ! two to three sprays and that is all you need for the entire day !

SweetTxGal
SweetTxGal

Truly elegant violet-rose with a hint of sandalwood. Smells like a lush, expensive bouquet of the most delicious flowers. May cause compliments when spritzed lightly!

varykino
varykino

I've been testing a recently acquired sample of Paris EDP. My only earlier close encounter with this fragrance was when I sprayed a tester bottle back in the 90's. Don't know whether it was EDT or EDP. It felt really tart and sharp, which is invariably a headache sort of rose to me. Two decades on, the EDP actually goes on relatively gentle, perhaps because I didn't spray, but dabbed. First impression: roses, roses, ROSES, and violets. The green violet gives a rainy fresh aspect to the unfolding of the rose, which is a deep pink, pretty and bold.

Later the violet gets more powdery and the rose gets sweeter, heady and distinctly fruity, like raspberry/rose liqueur. The violet and rose strike such a pretty balance, and in the drydown they're warmed by a lovely nutmeg/vanilla-spice note from the lily. The base notes I get are mostly that spicyness over iris/musk/heliotrope powder, but the scent stays predominantly rosy throughout.

I'm attracted to the romance and femininity of Sophia Grojsman's scents, even if not all of them work on my skin. Paris feels flirty, elegant and pure class, and given the fabulously cost-effective strength of this perfume, I'll be able keep dabbing and enjoy my sample for a good while. The EDP has warmth enough that it may work as a fall/winter scent, and it's definitely got the smiley brightness to bring some cheer to the darker months.

birdy

to me it smells like bubble gum bubballoo when the rosy notes gone

fayez188
fayez188

تبغا ليلة رومنسية مع زوجتك اشتر لها هذا العطر القديم الفتان الرائع
اصدر عام 1405ه

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

Paris is a very beautiful fragrance. The rose note is not the typical "old woman" scent, but an elegant, sophisticated rose. It is a fragrance for the woman with a flair for fashion. Someone who attends affairs that call for wearing formal attire. This fragrance is oh, so feminine. Love it!

Jennypennypocket
Jennypennypocket

It's almost 2am; so this won't be the best review. But I, too, discovered this scent as a young lady. I think I was 12, back in '87/88. It's a cliche, but "Paris" smells like champagne and roses. It smells EXPENSIVE and polished. It is incredibly superior than so many new scents--even designer perfumes, which remind me of the sickenly-sweet cheap drugstore colognes I would test as a kid before my mother could stop me.

Chicbellavintage
Chicbellavintage

Oh Ciel! Belle! Such a beautiful fragrance- a classic I discovered at 13 in the late 90's and have never stopped wearing it.

It has been described so beautifully ( Fragantica.com has the most lyrical perfume lovers and critics ever- some descriptions are like Chinese poetry and yet others read like epic eulogies) so I'll simply share why I love it!

This perfume is roses wet with rainrrrrt- the scent is strong and floral but also has a deep and musky heart that my body ph turns into smokey honey and violets surrounded by green and luscious herbs. As a child it was a bit too grown up- but my innocence and the scents's rose made it somehow little girl appropriate. Now as a woman- my body ph so different from the 13 year old I was- now turn this scent into a flute of champagne filled with flowers.

This fragrance layers well with other floral and green noted scents- I adore the heart of white musk that lingers. Silage is endless. I feel this scent living on my skin and in my clothes until I bath or launder my dresses.
I don't get the powdery hit as much as I do the crisp hint of soap.
I think I can pick up cardamom too. Not for those whom loath Rose, or florals.

EPT is great but the perfume is glorious and a little is all you need. A little pricey but a worthy investment.

krlamev
krlamev

Smells, like Rose and Powder, not old in a bad way like you feel some dust will fall on you, no! I feel like hmmm how to say... Classy-Vintage!

I guess classy-vintage is a good word combination, I've tested it today and it took me back to the 80's, the type of smell I'd love to find when I sneaked up on my grandmother's boudoir (Dressing room and table). Probably I would buy it but not to use it... I'd buy it for collection.

Caramelle
Caramelle

Paris...I have always loved the gorgeous bottle and the sweet powdery rose and violet scent which is a true classic by now.
Many companies have made similar scents
(for example La Rose de Rosine,Lipstick Rose, Bvlgari pour Femme etc), but none is as balanced and perfect as Paris.
I have Edt but it's a strong 80's perfume so I always go very lightly with it.More than 3 sprays and I'm risking a headache.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Paris EDT opens slightly sharp. It's ozonic, aldehydic and soapy. It then gradually morphs into a smooth powdery flower bouquet. Rose, hiacynth, violet, mimosa, lily of the valley, jasmine and other flowers interlock with one another. I can hardly pick either one out of the bouquet. It has a floral-type of sweetness, and it smells perfume-y. It doesn't smell unpleasantly synthetic, but it certainly doesn't aim to smell like real flowers. It's an artifice, cleverly structrued and well refined. Glamourous as it is, Paris EDT is surprisingly airy to my nose. I didn't find myself wearing a heavy velvet coat. Instead, it wears like a gauzy aura gently hovering around me. I doubt if the EDP has the same texture, though.

However, I do find that Paris is from an era other than our current one. Paris is like some timeless icons such as Audrey Hepburn : people admire their elegance and beauty but one does not necessarily wear exactly the same way as they do in their times. I admire and respect them as an inspiration. I'd occasionally treat myself with a few spritzes of Paris EDT to be embraced by its grace.

By the way, Paris EDT has a moderate sillage on me even with a few spritzes, but it lasts a good 12 hours and survives a shower.

Andrapi
Andrapi

This is one of the best feminine perfumes ever made, but be careful : the ORIGINAL version (vintage) is MUCH BETTER than the new one.
The new perfume appears to be an extreme dilution of the old one. (the old had a black/pink box, the new is pink/gold)

autumn.nguyen.1991
autumn.nguyen.1991

I 'm so in love with Paris and definitely must by one soon. It' very irresistible. However, the 2 commercial advertisements are so ridiculous. =))

wallywinthrop
wallywinthrop

This is so lovely. A gorgeous fresh tea rose layered with a beautiful violet, sweet but never sugary. Light and airy in the EDT, and the sandalwood base for some reason never fails to make my knees weak. A misted application will bring this one to a more contemporary feel, rather than an 80's perfume blitzkrieg.

yvankraft
yvankraft

I agree with the words of a previous reviewer: Paris is fantastic, classy, aristocratic and chic. But only on the right person. Your body chemistry can make it heavenly or terrible. So test it before buying a bottle.

icecube
icecube

This is what I would call a "fat" rosescent.
And it is totally Paris. Having lived there for many years and still spending half of my year there I feel the true spirit of Paris in both the fragrance and the bottledesign - it is spot on.
I can se the parisian woman elegantly dresses in a Chanel-suit strolling down one of the tree-lined boulevards with her small dog in a jewelry strewn leash.
On her way to a dinner or maybe just windowshopping and wearing Paris off course.
La vie est belle - Paris est belle !!

lulu7898
lulu7898

I get a powerful geranium...not my favorite but it is not too offensive.

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

Bought in mid 80s. Very floral, powerful scent. I had the EdT and a little went a long way. I tired of it and have since lost the original bottle which still had plenty of juice left in it. At one time I loved it and wore it often.

LesleyA
LesleyA

I LOVE Vie Cafe's review!!!! Perfect perfect sum-up. I bet Andie would've worn this with her homemade pink polka dot, cut-out shouldered, lacy prom dress :)
Now I've gotta watch it...

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I've always walked right pass this fragrance at the store because I was quite certain roses and violets together were NOT for me and I was also a little traumatized still, from the day where I had sprayed this on a piece of paper to see what all the buzz was about. On the blotter, it was sharp, ozonic, synthetic and DRY, almost screechy. Not attractive at all. (I have to admit I was also a little put off by the idea of YSL doing violets and roses, because of Parisienne... *shivers*)

I finally took the courage to spray this on my wrist today, a good 2 heavy, wet sprays on the same spot. I had vowed to give it a really good try if I was going to test it. Well, what can I say? I'm converted! In the first ten minutes I was thinking to myself "uh oh, pretty rosy and ozonic", but I let it do its thing and it became so addictive, stronger, warmer, all the notes blending together in harmony and the dry down... oh! the dry down, all cozy, warm, feminine, powdery, floral. Pretty amazing.

I'm not going to analyze and over analyze the notes here, because this perfume is a popular classic and it's been around for a while and many excellent reviews have been written about it. So I'm just gonna say this: I feel like fetching one of my vintage fuzzy 80s sweater (I have many!), back comb my bangs, put on bright pink lipstick and settle down with a cup of tea to re-watch "Pretty in Pink". Because that's exactly how awesome this perfume is. It's pretty in pink circa 1983.

Oh, and the TV commercial from 1986... what the heck!!?? priceless. haha

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Thumbs up for Redbionicles Mom *Smiles*. I got my Paris bottle at last winter and oh god I love this fresh rose scent. Its always energy giving, makes You happy, brings You to light from darknes if feeling low, romantic, sunny. I have adored Paris looong time and finally got the bottle. Its one of my Rose favourite for sure.

redbionicle
redbionicle

I had this one at age of 20. Roses, roses, overwhelming, gave me a headche which lasted several hours
nothing for me. My mum loved it actually. She still wears Paris and also Loulou.

benpaul12
benpaul12

It's certainly bright and feminine, loud at times and beautifully concocted. It sits in a wonderful bottle too, a "feminine grenade" - which can be taken for the scent too.

My friend wears this and she really suits it. She also wears Michael Kors, both are strong, fresh florals and totally match her complex and extroverted personality.

She does at time to time spray it on her friends when they don't have a perfume and that's where my like for Paris ends.

On some people this perfume smells putrid. Like a cheap toilet spray.

I quite like this on the right person, but in the wrong hands it can be a killer!

fanofthomasbernhard
fanofthomasbernhard

One of the very best perfumes created ever..

EDT version is more preferable than EDP which is sharper

Mama's signature also and its why I find it gorgeous

adair58
adair58

Paris is like a surprise gift bouquet of flowers tied with silk ribbons. It is soft and lightly sweet with roses, softened by powdery violets and the promise of sandalwood. A bouquet you'd love to receive! Joyful and romantic- a true harbinger of Spring.

Meche2011
Meche2011

Paris is one of those perfumes where I smelt it on some-one else and just had to smell like the person wearing it.

Light, floral and powdery. This is one refined fragrance.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

Lovely, gay, bright, scintillating and floral without being sickly sweet. I really love this perfume. Not too heavy for day, but not too light for evening.
There is a rose note. jasmine, and a hint of spice to give it depth, a really beautiful combination.

Berlynn
Berlynn

I like this one, the notes sit well on my skin and smell absolutely gorgeous! However, like most fragrances made in the 80's it is a silage bomb! I put the tiniest dab on my wrist and that was plenty. Any more would knock a person clean off their feet. I love the rose and violet blend, it's a cheerful sort of fragrance, but it really needs to be worn lightly as it is powerful.

Angelinapink
Angelinapink

I love roses, I love YSL and I love the city of Paris, so II always wanted desperately to love this YSL perfume too, but I just do not like it on my skin. It is too sweet and sickly. No depth to it at all.
My search goes on for the perfect rose scent...

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

EDP: Very, very powdery, with lots of violets. I do catch a whif of lipstick or possibly hairspray as well, and just a little bit of spice. The drydown is a bit more complex than the opening (POWDER!!), but both open and close are lovely. I'm not completely sold, but the fragrance is pleasant and I wouldn't mind wearing it in the daytime.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

this was my mom's favorite before tresor..we got her many bottles of it..and she was thrilled every time she received one..it's a classic and a stunningly beautiful scent..

RedLady
RedLady

This review if for the EDP.
For me, this is powder overload. I’m failing to pick up any distinctive notes, all I get is powdery powder, the stuff you dab on your nose a sitting in front of your portrait-length mirror at your dressing table. I can picture a very well-dressed woman wearing this and I understand its name as for me, powdery scents tend to stir up connotations of romance. So I get it. But it just seems one-dimensional on my skin! : (

PennyClover
PennyClover

I have been using YSL Paris Eau De Toilette since 1986 and the The Eau De Toilette is my favorite potency - The Parfum; (more powdery) is not my personal taste - The Eau De Toilette; is more lively, crystal clear and tenderly pretty and lasting - Full of roses and violets, well blended with ripe berries, all wrapped in vinyl - I will always remember the first time I smelled YSL Paris Eau De Toilette and it will always be at the top of my list.

dulcedeleche
dulcedeleche

i tested this on today. it definitely is a burst of flowers upon the first spray. all i can say is that it's a powdery rose. i don't know what iris or violets smell like, but it could be one of those two that make this perfume powdery? it definitely shouts "classy" or "elegant" when you put this on. i only applied two sprays as it does seem like this could be extremely nauseating when when applied too much.
to sum it up, this would work on women from their mid-20s, it smells very sophisticated,clean but soft,and very innocent. =)

susan_troy
susan_troy

I dont have the perfume but i have the body lotion and really love it :)
Not sure if it is a perfume, but as a body lotion smell is perfect.

danda74
danda74

Violets, violets and violets again :)

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This wasn't what I expected it to be. From its reputation, I had expected a bombastic 80s floral, not a gentle, powdery rose. The top notes can be a little shrill, but once it settles in, it's lovely. It isn't anything groundbreaking (or perhaps it just seems that way to me because it's been around all my life), but it's so much *more* than its reimagined daughter, Parisienne. (Not that Parisienne isn't lovely, of course, but the plastic note that I find so novel in it can be off-putting to others.)

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

Paris is like a classy, charming women. I can't imagine this on a young girl. It's very lush and rich, what I didn't except from the bottle. Paris speaks in pastel tones! It's extraordinary feminine, and entirely romantic but it's definitely not girly. This smells very close to nature, like the people who made this little piece of art went to a field of blooming flowers and picked all the fresh ingredients by themselves! So, Paris is about romance. If your the romantic type of women you maybe would like this.

Back to the scent. I applied only 2 sprays but that's enough, a little goes on a long way. I get straight up flowers, lovely roses and violets with a powdery touch. I immediately think of something I smelled before but I can't put my finger on it. It dries down to a beautiful bouquet of all kind of flowers. This represents Paris, the most promising and lively city.

willbear
willbear

this is summer in a bottle violets is the first thing i smell my mother and my best friend wear this

Crabbie
Crabbie

An American being married to a French Taylor, whom still has a shop near Effile Tower.
Lovely husband had fallen to sleep before me so I sprayed on some PARIS and unexpectedly noticed him speaking in French in his sleep.
Truly the fragrance of Paris! Viva La France!

derkargy

My mom used to wear this at the early ninenties,until she replaced it to heavier Red Door.Surely a classic burst of roses but a bit old fashioned.

Whit
Whit

I posted a review on this on 1/24/13 but got logged off, so the original one isn't with my ID, so I had to copy and paste. Just an FYI, so no one thinks I'm copying posts!

This is another one of those scents that I've walked past a thousand times and never sniffed, until today. I was expecting a burst of fresh roses with a warm, rich dry down but I was so disappointed. I had actually put this one my want list, but now I've taken it off. I found it overpowering and sharp; it wasn't smooth at all, which I think is what I was expecting. This just isn't for me as is the case with most YSL frags, but I was hoping this one would change my mind. If you're a fan of the 80's heavy floral hitters, then then one may be up your alley.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Because Rose scents are one of my very favorites,

and all the good reviews I bought a mini to try it.

I am just so disapointed - it is not a pretty Rose scent on me- more like old Rose potpourri.

As it is rare I like any 80's scent , I found this is no exception for me Rose or not :(

Ladydebra
Ladydebra

I used to wear this in my teens (early nineties) ....I used to sneak it out of my mums room and practically drown myself in it! I don't know how, as it's such a full on scent!
I really like the smell of this...I have just bought it again, after not wearing it for years, and thought I would feel differently about it.
It's not as sweet as I remember, and it feels more grown-up, deeper, and more complex. I used to think it smelled like a bunch of flowers, but it has spicier notes than that.
It's quite a 'big' smell, but it calms down into something really wearable, really feminine, and something that will make people turn their heads to see who smells good!

amanita68
amanita68

I am an English grower and lover of roses. I absolutely adore the fragrance of roses, so I am naturally a lover of Paris with her deep rose heart, but there is so much more to her.

I have many rose fragrances and I love them all, but Paris has some special qualities: The beautiful powdery violets blended with the rose, along with other subtle florals and a musky amber base give a feeling of early 20th Century aristocracy.

I can apply a good spritz of Paris and enter somewhere as mundane as my local supermarket and feel like a Princess, and the strange thing is, people really notice it.

The fragrance seems to linger and as people catch a whiff of the sillage, the eyes follow along with many smiles and the kind of respect, almost 'hats off' that one might expect if one was really a Princess.

A truly beatiful, classy and timeless fragrance.

noshnosh
noshnosh

usually i am not a big fan of floral scents .. but this one is different . it wont give you that headache its very light and CUTE smell if you can describe a smell as cute one :D .. i didnt buy it . its in my mother's collection and its so adorable really :)

Kharnak

This really deserves a second review.
This Paris is a YSL masterpiece, surprisingly complex work of Art.
It's not linear, it evolves the whole way through.

Bright Aldehydic Rose, natural high quality rose, and something fruity like Peach, reminding me of Lancome Tresor, but better?
The floral bouquet is smooth and transitions seamlessly from Neroli to Lilies, hand in hand. The lily note resembles the main spicy accord of CK Eternity.
The Cassia cinnamon like spicyness is there too, in the mid notes. smoothly transitioning from the Lily. Sandal Amber at the very end, blending to soft skin.
The very end.. pure sweet Honey musk

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

Everytime I smell Paris I fall down a little rabbit hole to 1986. I loved it then and it worked perfect with the quirky tomboy girlfriend aesthetic, listening to the Cure and New Order while living in a barely furnished flat-- wishing I had a Vespa..... (Never did get that one)
They say smell is the sense that brings the strongest memories and I keep it now because it is like a postcard from my past.

RGR
RGR

This is some expensive smelling potion. My mother, sister and other female family members pass this around as if it were some secret to keep hidden from the rest of the world. A little goes a long way !
This perfume is some flowery juice! I smell lavish roses and violets mostly but there is enough sense in me to know that there is more to this story. Flowers keep dancing in and out of this lineup.... almost as if the rose and the violet are concerned queens protecting the other flowers from my scrutiny. And then the flowers become sweet and remind me of pollen. At last some woody cedar comes in and I sense some musk also. The rose and violet are still standing their ground. This is a strong perfume. I cannot wear such flowery perfumes on a daily basis but I will gladly sit next to anyone wearing this. The dry down is a lovely powdery note. I can see why they named this Paris. This is lovely, expensive.... but oh so ever lovely and romantic!

Klara29
Klara29

This is a light and breezy floral that can get a little powdery towards the end. Delicate and sweet - it's not long lasting and does not take me through the day, I like to wear it during winters ........it warms me up as much as a cup of coffee :)

Janey1966
Janey1966

I had no idea this scent has been around for so long. I remember it being one of the sweeter perfumes I had at the time and I do think Yves St Laurent makes some gorgeous scents and this is one of them.

No wonder it's still around!

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

Hands down the best 'rose' perfume out there...joy in a bottle.

napoleonica
napoleonica

Amazing perfume!!It`s as bright and powerful as the city itself is. I have a bottle of the edp from 20 years ago and it still keeps the same intensity and longevity.

courtneyhs
courtneyhs

I really like this perfume but it seems a little too mature for me. The scent lasted well on my wrist when i tried it :-)

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

One of those rare floral fragrances that can smell classic yet modern at the same time. Absolutely timeless.

Paris seems to reveal its inner magic when worn on grey, rainy days. The wet misty atmosphere seems to bring out and enhance the rose and violet scent.

Alexandrarae

Haven't worn this in ages but stumbled on a bottle and thought I would give it a spritz for "memories sake"! Oh Paris, how have I been without you for so long. You are now my "go to" fragrance - you make me feel so good - you stay with me all day/night and I can still smell your gorgeous rosy/violet warmth on my clothes the next day. Have had major positive comments and it will definitely be my signature perfume for the warm and sultry nights ahead. Just beautiful....Alexandrarae

nastyamason
nastyamason

I am a rose lover and had this on my want list for a while. The other day I received a mini as a part of a swap. Overall, I like it. But it seems a bit dated. For some reason, it vividly reminded me my childhood friend's mother. I do not even know if she wore this perfume or not, I was just a child back then. Because of this association, I decided not to order a full bottle but I will finish the mini.

CHERRY BLOWSOME
CHERRY BLOWSOME

very elegant one wiz the scent of rose , reminds me wiz kenzo flower .. like it so so so much <3

I love Paris, I fell in love with it
Sweet as bonbons.
I love it so much
paris is really a fantastic scent
it makes me smile indeed:)
Powdery, comforting and spring-like kind of a scent.
Violet's roses and white flowers emanate such freshness

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Classic, romantic, but still modern. However it is very much a fragrance of the 80's in scope. Definitely wearable and lovely well-made scent but just too much heavy rose and violet for me. This is such a BIG scent I find it too overpowering for me. I like warmer, closer to the skin scents.

Hi,
I love Paris, I fell in love with it
Sweet as bonbons.
I love it so much

ladykicks
ladykicks

Beautiful and classic, if you like florals and rose scents you'll love this.

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

It's the "mom" version of Baby Doll. Classic rose. Womanly & Elegant

kristina.l.myers
kristina.l.myers

This is one of those perfumes that I really regretted not spraying on a tester before my wrist because I had assumed that I would immediately love it. I found it terrible- a full on hit in the face. Unfortunately I was out shopping at the time so couldn't wash it off, it gradually made me feel more and more ill until I was in bed with a very bad headache that afternoon. Not for my tastes at all, but mostly wanted to add the review as a caution to try before you buy.

Buckshot
Buckshot

Love this perfume. First used it over ten years ago, and its still one of the best out there. It does something extraordinary to my sences; makes me feel very sexy and classy at the same time. Not quite an expert on the tones, but it gives off this strong lemony, sweetish & yet refreshing scent. I'm yet to smell anything quite like it, which makes it quite unique in my book.

Soie
Soie

This didn't smell like much of anything to me when I first received it as a gift -- very perfumey, and that was about it. One day when I decided to go ahead and wear it, a woman who passed by me had a very pleased look on her face, and complimented the scent I was wearing. I graciously thanked her, but was still unconvinced.

On another occasion when I again wore it, I was driving in my car with the window down on a breezy, spring day. I suddenly caught a whiff of a most beautiful floral scent. It took a moment before I realized it was actually the Paris I'd spritzed on that morning, and that I was smelling it wafting from my own clothing.

That was about 12 years ago; I've always made sure to keep a flacon in my wardrobe from that point on.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This is a very simple perfume on me. It smells of violets and roses and that's about it. The base note is still violets and roses.

I happen to like this and if you like the sound of that too, then you would like Paris. However, if you want something more complex that changes, or something less floral, then this probably isn't for you unless you're looking for a change.

Rainey
Rainey

This used to remind me of the smell of the purple sweets called Parma Violets, not sure if anyone feels the same about this fragrance. Not one of my favourite oldies!

Moukka
Moukka

This is very sophisticated and neutral scent. Usually I dont like rose-scent perfumes but this is fresh. Classic! Scent is long lasting too.

suhaesa
suhaesa

pairs...a classy classic french scent that represents paris ..every time i smell it i just feel its paris in a bottle..its a very romantic scent ..light roses..light dreams ..light sparks of serenity..its innocent love..

rating 4.1 out of 5

KimberMoon
KimberMoon

I used to adore this scent about 20 years ago. Saw it in the mall last week and happened to test it again - it did NOT smell the same. Similar, but not the same, watered down and kinda...the only word I can think to describe it is 'chemical-ly'. Disappointed.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

I loved it in the 90-s!! It is the only one perfume I got complimented every day by men, women of any age group, even homeless person sitting on the street sniffed the air and said - this fragrance from heaven!))) I mean 90s version of this perfume. It seems to me that nowadays version is a half of what it was then. I remember my vacation to the sea and how wonderful this frag opened itself accompanied with the sea breeze, smell of the sea water and the sunshine!!

missymary
missymary

On me Paris is a shockingly cheap-smelling chemical rose. It's far too sweet and Barbydoll for someone my age, but it would suit a teenager who likes strong florals. It's exactly the sort of perfume that you would expect to come out of a bottle like that.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

This is for the EDT...
This smells like parma violets and roses, very pretty, very feminine and very 80's.

Shwets

I fell in love with this fragrance when i was 14. My friend used to wear this but it was far too strong which must have been edp . Years later now i have discovered edt version and fell in love but this time head over heels.

I have read many comparisons between the edt and edp. The way i find it is that edt is like edp minus the excessive aldehydes and harshness. This leaves edt like a lively sparkling scent. I never imagined what a difference the edt would make. Enough to purchase and give full five lips. I would certainly purchase again even though it lasts much less than the edp but lingers beautifully on clothes. A fragrance i can see as versatile.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I loved this before I even smelt it when I was a tween. Who can help but love a perfume rightly called Paris? It's a rainbow of a perfume that leaves a smile on your face and sweet dreams after a lovely day in a beautiful world-that's how i feel when I smell this.
There are so many flowers in this bouquet, it's close to overwhelming but in a good way, like if you were to really receive a enormous bouquet that you know cost a pretty penny for the sender. The flowers are stopped from being sickeningly sweet by the warm sandalwood and the composition is simply exquisite for something with so many notes, which in another perfumer's hands could end up as a fail.It' has a perceptible presence without being intrusive or too forward. Longevity a good 8 hours and counting.
This one definitely surpasses all competition, it's smooth, sweet, elegant, wistful, enchanting...I could go on. Let's just leave it as this was very very aptly named.

claromarago
claromarago

Ok, maybe this is because I was a teenager when this first came out, but to me Paris is an absolutely wonderful perfume. This is what I wanted to be: grown up, sexy, feminine, delicate but chic at the same time. It's the fragrance of a rose bouquet in an elegant, romantic party, where beautiful people toast with champagne and dance. Fortunately for me, my friends agreed, and I always got compliments for my fragrance. It was my signature perfume. And even though I am a different person now, I still get excited and feel butterflies in my stomach every time I smell Paris. And to me, this is what a truly great fragrance should do...

irina.georgette
irina.georgette

I have Paris EDP and even though i don't like the smell of heavy roses in a perfume, this one is different. Very alluring, romantic yet strong and it really makes you feel special when using it. I recommend it to women over the age of 25.

Migalex
Migalex

I would never say anything bad about this perfume because it is one of the scents I respect most and I used to offer it to my mother. Consider it sort ot untouchable, a true classic, whether one likes it or not, because tastes vary. Personally I do not find the scent overall particularly appealing, but I give to the perfumer the fact that she achieved to take something natural, the scent of rose, and modulate it in a way to confer it very well defined features it does not have in nature, changing its character in so well blended a way that it seems to be a creation of Nature itself. What Paris is to me is sharpened rose scent, due to the mixture of rose and hyacinth. Sharp, cutting, penetrating rose scent. I am thinking mostly of the EDP. And I find it brilliant.The EDP is so sharp and strong to the point of being felt almost like something material. The name of the perfume is great and it surprises me that no one before had thought of giving a perfume the name of the city of the perfumes - Paris. As I said, I can only show respect for this perfume.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

REVIEW OF DARRSHAN

The edp version has a lot of depth , it lasts for a longer period and is more rich and elegent than edt. now this scent is for those who like roses. not for everyone.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

A classic beauty that is very appropriately named after the city of love: Paris. And filled to the brim with the flower of love: Rose.

A spring walk through the "Parc de la Roseraie" in Paris. Roses everywhere and a hint of violet, lily and wood notes carried on a warm breeze. Parisiennes strolling, a silk scarf carelessly draped around their neck and the scent of effortless elegance and understated chic trailing behind them.

Yves Saint Laurents "Paris" is elegant, joyful, beautiful and romantic. A must smell for everyone who loves roses and/or is looking for a floral classic that compliments every woman and every occasion.

Silage is: "A rose by any other name would be called Paris". -- Longevity is: 8+ hours. A wonderful and classy rose garden in a bottle.

ingrid41

This is a perfect blend of rose and violet, it has a slight wonderfull powdery overtone. I like the edt best because the edp is too strong. I feel clean, fresh,sweet and soo feminine when I use by beloved PARIS thank you ysl and paris.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Oh no no no... This I DON`T like.

Very sharp and sour flowery smell, roses and violets mainly. Similar to Bvlgari Pour Femme. This will get you a headache in 3 seconds. It never gets softer either, it stays sharp and un-friendly.

Fantastic quality, sillage and longevity though.

mak.erot
mak.erot

I have Paris EDP. Woooou...it's very georgeous! Only one spray Paris EDP makes you feel like a princess, believe me! Try it for afternoon or evening, and go with your prince, maybe for candle light dinner?

unklemoses
unklemoses

all i can recall about this one is immediate headache.. man, this is not for me by all the means in the world

ralucucky
ralucucky

I tested it today and everyone around me told me how awful I smelled. :(

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't appreciate this beauty. I tested two times and my feeling is the same. Paris is old-fashioned, powdery not nice powdery but dirty powdery. I don't know what the ingredients come from, maybe the wood mixed with aldehyde. And where are roses and other flowers?

StargazySkye
StargazySkye

Very romantic and floral, plus the EDT really lasts. If you want to really leave an impact on a lover, spray on your skin then layer with the body lotion, which has a softer fragrance but lasts just about until you wash it off. And you'll be soft as buttered silk.

sofababe
sofababe

Yves Saint Laurent Paris EDT is surprising to me. I don't really know what I was expecting but it wasn't as nice as this.
I first had Paris on a card strip, it scented my bedroom for 9 days before finally fading. Impressive!
I went back for a skin test and had one squirt on my wrist which again lasted all day and even that one spray projected a couple of metres several hours later.
I was so impressed I bought a bottle and have been enjoying this huge floral bouquet all spring. Rose and violet dominate, and of the myriad other flowers involved here I struggle to pick out any except hyacinth. Its rather like being in a florist shop, not knowing which to pick, they're all so beautiful.
I got a very good deal on my bottle of Paris but I would have happily paid more. With the staying power it has my bottle will last years!

Aredore
Aredore

Very sophisticated, floral, and somewhat clean, here is another fragrance that smelles absolutely like the very best boutique soap money could ever buy. Paris is heavy on the rose and violets and lilies and general powdery floralcy; It's like sticking your nose in a massive bouquet of genetically enhanced, gargantuan flowers, each blossom the size of cabbage and possessing the fragrant potency of tiny tea roses and lily-of-the valley.

A reference floral and must-smell.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

EXTREMELY ELEGANT AND VERY FEMININE PERFUME! Sophisticated roses in a woody shadow. This is a soft and comfort fragrance, perfume that radiates infinite femininity. Very notable, with kind of aristocratic elegance. Timeless scent!

daniela3
daniela3

Devoted to roses no matter if they are antique, botanical, (clever)-hybrid ones and so on but they always MUST be fragrant, that's all. I've always regarded the old and original version of 'Paris' as one the most gorgeous homage to the queen of the flowers of ever, not just to a type of rose but to the scent of roses in abstract. The '80 version, although thought for a 'large' market had all the peculiarities of a distinguished, refined and elitarian scent: the cost of the production at that time was huge. No matter if it comes from an age when the majority of perfumes were 'loud' and overwhelming, after all fragrances - like fashion - reflect always their time and only great fragrances can pass the exam and keep on talking to the newer generations even years later their birth. Few of them can be regarded as 'universal' only when they speak the language of quality, beauty and well crafted creations. 'Paris' was an outsider remarkable for its unicity and his malleability: great even in the hottest summer, perfect in spring and sublime also in winter. Uncommon sillage and great persistence on the skin while it could even last days on clothes.
This was 'Paris' in my memory but in my cupboard also as I've still preserved a bottle of the original wonder!

frusia
frusia

Soapy roses. Characteristic and likable, but I don't like it. There is a bit of a sharp chill in this fragrance that puts me off. Respect, though.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Very pretty light creamy floral!
mmmhmhhmmm, it makes me smile indeed:)
Powdery, comforting and spring-like kind of a scent.
Violet's roses and white flowers emanate such freshness.
Can't get enough of this wonderful perfume:)
Silage about 5 hours.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Very beautiful scent!
I won't review the notes but the mood of this treasure!

So romantique, you wish to fall in love immediately!
The epitome of spring scents.
Makes you happy and calm, like a cloud of roses!

It really can affect my mood in a very good way!

modigliani
modigliani

my beautiful rose
you travel with me
you give me hope
you give me beauty
you are my muse

krmarich

I discovered an original black 1.6oz EDT box circa 1983 on e-bay. It is quite different from the familiar formula on todays market. This was truely the biggest and best rose perfume ever made. In its time, I only detected it from afar. Indeed by 1985, it was everywhere. The traffic jam of perfume from that era shall never be forgotten or matched.

Paris however was different. Its pays tribute to Apres l'Ondee and was like Nahema containing a profusion of rose damascenones so boldly. This is YSL running along side Guerlain equally. It is Sophia Grojsman's magnum opus. It is the definitive French rose perfume. Its production cost had to be astronomical at the time and it gradually weakend to the current formula.

This original bottle relys little on the supporting cast of violet and mimosa. The rose dominates the composition for hours and then the natural, rich sandalwood and oakmoss hold it up even further. They are no longer in the pink box.

This isnt sexy like Opium, bold like Rive Gauche or mysterious like Y. As great as they are, Paris explores love. This is the gentle, blushing, innocent love that happens once in a lifetime. One drop on your pulse is profound. It gets under your skin and into your heart. Its mood enhancing and hypnotic. I can almost taste the rose.

Paris is a timeless 20th century giant that was really only around for about 5 year in its pure strength. No wonder it was on display in the Louvre! It was a work of art. Often imitated, even by YSL itself, but never as great as those original bottles. Time is passing-get a bottle today before its too late!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

All about Rose . A beautiful floral fragrance with a great longevity , about 10 hours on my skin , and I have the EDT .
You need to be a romantic girl , or woman to love this perfume . Paris ? Yes , indeed . Romantic , like the city .

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Rose, Rose, Rose and that's what I love about this one. Dry sweet and sharp at the same time, almost like champagne made of roses. Dark and vintage a very winter fragrance. I think I want another bottle of this been a few years since I smelled itl

NiniNini
NiniNini

I absolutely adore this one. It's hard to say why, as this is my mother's signature perfume and her all time favorite. Its crisp, sophisticated and comforts me whenever I feel down. But I could never imagine wearing it. Not because I consider it as an older women's scent (my mom is in her 60ies) It absolutely isn't! Its fine, floral and delicately powdery. At least on my mother. She has rather dry skin.
It will forever be what my mum smells like...

auror
auror

I think it's very similar to insolance edp; sweet viloet( sweet but non sugary), some fruits... Rose scent also but violet is much more domestic in this fragrance

mystica
mystica

Any ROSE lovers are better to stock up on this one before it's reformulated and ruined, as I expect from L'Oreal's YSL now.
Grab this must have classic while you can.

alyaa
alyaa

This is a classic perfume that I used to wear when I was 14. It was beautiful then and is still a masterpiece, beautiful sillage. Have revisted this recently and found the same amazing flowery start but it then turned to powder, which I didnt quite like. So, I gave it away to my mum and she fills the house with it. My kids say they like this perfume because it makes the house smell nice.

Decodawn
Decodawn

This reminds me of Devon Violets that my Grandmother used to purchase for me when I was a child, I wore this fragrance in my youth when it was first launched on to the market and I loved the sweetness I fear that this fragrance has been whipped to death and copied over and over so that it no longer sits well with other fine fragrances. Ideal for 16-25 year olds.

Amalia Cannesty
Amalia Cannesty

this peerfume used to be my mother's perfume..
it smells so great and beautifull.. when i was 12, i also sprayed it on my clothes when my mother going to work (so she didn't know if i wear her perfume :D) after my mother going home, we had dinner and she said that she smells a teenager girl who wants to be a lady..
im in love with this perfume, too bad it is not in the indonesia market anymore..

Kharnak

Strong Aldehydic Rose. a Luxurious feel, an instant Classic. slightly more on the Mature feminine side. Like the inside of an expensive purse. I have fond memories of my Mother wearing this in europe... Walking around the city, cobblestone roads, it Penetrates and projects in dry cold Winter air.
And... the dry down is Amazing, like an ultra Musty sweet Honey Rose. A YSL classic.

AMDs44

I can't stop collecting stuff, First i bought Opium for women for collecting purpose and i thought that i like it but i didn't and now i got a limited collector's edition of paris (comes in a black bottle with golden fireworks prints)
i personally love paris but it is defenitely a real women scent

maissaa.zahran
maissaa.zahran

I love this perfume. I fell in love with it back in the eighties when I was a teenager and I smell it on other girls (couldn't afford one).

I still love.

It is definitely a rosy scent but it is strong and sophisticated. Its overpowering without being too strong it remains feminine. Though usually such perfumes are spring and summer perfumes, I like to wear this in the colder months, it smells just right. It has a nostalgic feel to it which I love.

Two perfumes make me think of Paris (the city) on a soft rainy (sizzling more than pouring) day Paris and Champs-Elysees.

sarage
sarage

I used Paris in 1985, after my first visit to Paris :) I tested it again and was very surprised that I still love it! (Usually I cannot stand my 80s perfumes any more)
It is a delightful bouquet of fresh roses!
Lasts long on my skin.
I am going to buy this again, in spring.

id
id

Very intensive powdery rose and violet, hiacynth plus lily of the valley at the opening. Too sweet for me. It's nice, but not for my mood. After the opening, when the rose get silent it reminds Revlon "Charlie Blue". Longevity is 9 hours on my skin.

SaraBT
SaraBT

I just rooted through my mini collection and found a small bottle still in the box.
This was my signature perfume in the 80s, and all of Paris smelled like it because everyone was wearing it.
My sample seemed a bit old at first, but now I keep getting whiffs of it, and I'm falling in love again. The rose is still as dominant as it was so many years ago, but with the bergamot and violet balancing it out.
I thought it might smell outdated, but it's as fresh today as it was 30 years ago. I am going to have to buy a new bottle and start wearing this again!

CathyGQ
CathyGQ

I cannot understate how powerful this is or that it will either agree with your chemistry or ( as in my case ) will not . Use very very sparingly and you may find it tolarable but don`t overdo.

This is not something that I`d scour the globe to recommend to others.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mature floral perfume which projects massively and lasts a long time...

0-5 mins- Mature, distinctive perfume which is not too my personal taste. I find this very synthetic and chemical and a very pungent floral. I recognise the smell.

5 min - 5 hours - Same scent - 6-10 foot projection. I was complimented on how nice my perfume was. I can see that many will like this and think it a classic. It is not nice or sexy to me personally, however. Projection is amazing

5 - 8 hours -2 foot projection. Same scent. Little bit of soapiness but nothing to worry about

8 hours -bathtime and heavy scrub

8-12 hours- still on my skin and intense but no projeciton. Had I not bathed then this probably would have projected for 12 hours at least

If you like the scent then this could be fantastic for you

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

Through the eyes of Yves Saint Laurent Paris is the city from the movies about love seen in the childhood. Eiffel Tower, fountains and lawns, cafes and kissing couples everywhere. The scent is immodest, strong and pompous! It feels lil bit dated, because nowadays majority prefer something clean and faceless. Paris is very 80th, without modesty and paleness. I love this bouquet of honey sweet roses! Paris can make you put on your best dress and go for a walk.

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

Paris is really a fantastic scent. Floral, without a shadow (currently very abused) citrus. In short:le parfum pour une femme - trés chic.

sweetness10
sweetness10

I haven't worn this for a long time but it used to be one of my favorite florals. It's a classic floral. Feminine and elegant. Best for cooler weather or evenings though because it's not really light enough for Summer days IMO. Added bonus: I was stopped in the street a couple of times by men who told me I smelled great! It's a bit of a 1980s fragrance, not as complex as more modern scents.

derkargy

This is one of the first fragrances I fell in love with.Like a gigantic rose bouquet!It's a bit ladylike but remains a classic even for the younger.

feleeni
feleeni

Super 80's. Something draws me to it. Reminds me of Jacques Demy's "Les Demoiselles de Rochefort" film...could picture Catherine Deneuve wearing it.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

After getting tired of this perfume, feeling a little too young for it, I gave it to my 78 year old grandmother. The woman loves this stuff. She feels like a queen. She's even afraid to use it so that it wouldn't ran out, the poor thing.

She wears this on 'special occasions', which aren't many I must say. I try to convince her to wear it a bit more. She likes it a lot. The rose really suits her age.

If you want a rose scent more appropriate for younger women, go for Parisienne. It's almost the same but a bit less aging.

Don't get me wrong. I loved this for about the whole 4 months, but I wanted to feel younger and fresher again.

I smelled this again after so many years. I used to love it about 20 years ago. I was very young but loved perfumes and Paris was my first grownup lady scent. It was dreamy, rosey but not heavy, like a rose heaven with complimentary flowers and a beautiful sandalwood soft base. EdT was my favourite as I found EdP too powdery and sweet/oily.
Even flankers like the Eau de Primtemps were great and unfortunately LE.
Now, what happened I don't know. Was it reformulated and made more synthetical? If yes, why???? why so many great fragrances need to go through this process?
Paris was both intense and gentle. Now it's a chemical ball thrown to your nose.

ION
ION

Think "Paris" as an elaborated mixture of vanilla, violet and rose (even if vanilla seems not be on the ingredients list), very pleasant and sexy but in a romantic way!
I have no idea how it smells after the reformulation but I remember it was so lovely any woman of any age could wear it all day and feel desirable and beautiful!
There is a happy harmony and an inviting romanticism in its composition and a soft luminosity which is not like Paris at all, but anyway..
Needless to say I like the perfume more than the city itself; this is a fragrance that you'll buy more than once!

UPDATE
An advice: Go for the parfum version.

jtd
jtd

One of the few perfumes that is 80’s in style, size and exuberance but can still be worn today without irony. It’s a cartoon-like rose with candied violet. A bit shrieky up top, but fortunately by the heartnotes the rose grows citric and astringent, lending a sweet/tart quality to the accord. Paris has a crystalline quality similar to Guerlain’s Nahema, but is far less dense and juicy than Nahema. Paris gains a woody, musky quality in drydown, but remains true to the artifice and exaggeration of its era and is proudly an 80’s Huge Floral.

Now I have tried Paris Eau de Parfum - with the golden top on the cap. What at wonderful scent. Wow. Not like the Eau de Toilette. This one is so deep, soft, fresh, sexy and superwomanish. I don't like The EdT-version, I think that one is heavy and overwhelming. This one is bright, a little bit more sweet than the EdT. If you find it - buy it!

Nu har jag provat Paris Eau de Parfum. Guldtopp på korken, guldgult innehåll. Vilken underbar doft. Jag är helt såld. Denna är inte alls som Eau de Toilette-versionen, den tycker jag är lite tung och övermäktig, men denna.. djup, mjuk, fräsch, sexig och superkvinnlig, liten aningens sötare än EdT'n. Hittar du den - köp den!

jasmasid
jasmasid

This used to be my regular scent when it first came out in the 1980s. I couldn't get enough of it. But I did get a little bored with it a decade later and returned to other timeless YSL favourites like Rive Gauche and, of course, the eternal "Y". But I might well return to "Paris" because on some days it's nice to feel enveloped by a giant rose because this is basically what Paris is: a heady rose which makes you feel drunk on rose syrup. But the dry down is truly wonderful -- leaving a faint trail of roses amid the sumptuous sandalwood. Certainly one of the best rose fragrances, ever!
However, the video featured here appears to be a car-ad. You have to wait a long time before she reaches for the bottle of Paris. Oh, and those alloy-wheel earrings are just so Sue Ellen in Dallas. I guess that's the kind of 80's woman, big-shouldered baby-pink jacket that this ad is aimed at.

krmarich

As if the success of Opium wasnt enough, YSL launched Paris. It obviously became a hit for floral lovers! It ushered in the era of big hair, tall pumps and shoulder pads. Pink, ultra feminine and making a statement, all heads turned as you entered the room!

Sophia Grojsman was the nose behind it. It was presented as a modern tribute to the "city of lights". I find it very traditional with violet, hyacith, hawthorn and of course massive NEON 80s rose notes. Damascenones packed a punch-almost funerary. Fortunately, there are no aldeydes! It always had a liquoring appeal. It goes well with a cold glass of chablis. Mimosa?

The base is iris and sandalwood creating a powdery soft refrain from the large floral bouquet it supported. Its legacy has faded somewhat in todays market. It produced several flankers and finally Parisienne. Nothing could ever match its original character or Grand Scale.

AMDs44

This is my mother's favorite perfume, She loves it
to me it is the most romantic perfume i have ever smelt it is amazing i think any young lovely beautiful and classy woman would wear this, It is so romantic so it is great for a wife who wear this for her husband it is strong floral powdery start with bargamot and end up with a very soft powdery smell <3

fumehead
fumehead

EDP
This is a BIG Pastel Pink Technicolor Rose, full volume and ebullient, a candied Violet and cool Geranium play best supporting roles in this blockbuster production. This perfume is larger than life and gregarious, absolutely Romantic and a little sexy but very very feminine, this would be extremely hard for a man to pull off. It has a tendency to take on a life of its own and wearing this is guaranteed to turn heads so be sparing in application as just one more spray can turn this from heavenly to monstrous.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is a perfume that I think merits two different reviews...one for the vintage, pre-reformulation version, and one for the new, post-reformulation disaster.

Honestly they are like two different perfumes to me.

So...to start with...the new stuff...post-reformulation.

Well, to put it bluntly...it's really, really bad.

I felt like I was drowning in a heavy mist of heavy handed florals and thick musk.

It has a weird chemically note that smelled like trash cans filled with rotting flowers mixed with hospital disinfectant mixed with pencil shavings that made me nauseous too.

It's unrecognizable from the 80's/90's version that I remember smelling as a kid.

My Mom still has a bottle of the original vintage though, and spraying that is a world away from the new stuff.

It's light and delicate, with a sweet fizziness that reminds me of champagne.

The bergamot in the opening gives it a clean, sharp feel that then subsides into a plethora of beautiful florals, before drying down into a subtle, slightly woody musk.

Paris was a beautiful, sophisticated and timeless scent that has unfortunately been destroyed by reformulation.

If you can get hold of the vintage then it's worth it...but I wouldn't waste money on the new one.

Original Paris 8/10

Reformulation 1/10

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Roses, violets, woods, booze, powder, and the aura of every French man and woman's perfume wafting on a breeze across the tables of an outdoor cafe. This fragrance is truly remarkable in its strength and artfulness, and stands alone as one of the few contemporary feminine perfumes to successfully straddle old-world and modern styles. Definitely something headache-sufferers should be cautious with, as it boasts incredible sillage and longevity. Still, Paris is full of light and sound, and I do believe it's a terrific product from Yves Saint Laurent.

possumke
possumke

I believe that this perfume has had some of it's original notes replaced with some synthetic ones... it can be the only explanation as to why it smells so stuffy and so very different now than when it did back in the 80's to late 90's.... it was one of my all-time favorite scents back then, I even wore it on my wedding day.
But today sadly, it is a different Paris that graces our shelves, a mere shell of it's former self. I wish they (YSL) would make it the way they used to. (darn those perfume regulations!)

Mandana
Mandana

"Paris" is a classic fragrance, sweet, floral, with the promise of laughter, love, and fun. I feel it was created for a joyous girl who embraces life and loves to travel. So I bought it. However, I found that every time I tried to wear it, "Paris" enveloped me in a cloud of something faintly unpleasant and artificial, not unlike the scent of a cheap household cleaner mixed with a bar of rose soap. Paris smelled the same on my skin hours later, and the long-awaited expensive scent of warm and fragrant blooms just never "developed" on my skin; I tried! But "Paris" ended up instead smelling on me like a dried bunch of dusty old flowers doused in cheap disinfectant which was so disappointing. The soap and the talcum powder were delicious but the actual fragrance "Paris" itself - be it EDT or EDP - just did not work on my skin. Très dommage! Once I wore it to go out for a concert, and my male friend disliked it so much that I had to wash it off again LOL. He said it was too "sweet and unnatural" and the smell reminded him of disinfectant used in the toilets of an expensive hotel!! I was shocked.On my colleague "Paris" smelled expensive and divine on my cousin but regretably it was not for me. I ended up liking the lovely pendant shaped bottle more than the actual perfume itself! "Paris": to sum it up, it was a one-sided love affair that ended badly (for me!)

romrom
romrom

My mom was a perfume lover ( I think I'm a perfume lover because of her) anyways, she got this on a trip to paris like 22 years ago and used it for may year after that, its very girly but not in a sticky sweet way, I love the sweet rose and musk , just great .

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I had a bottle of Paris in my 20's and really enjoyed wearing it.

It's bright, fresh and very feminine. I would get lots of compliments when I wore this and was even followed once while I was out shopping by a man who came up to me to ask me what perfume I was wearing because he thought it was lovely (either that or it was just an excuse to try and chat me up!!). Sadly, my bottle went AWOL on my travels in America when I lived there for awhile and I haven't smelled this perfume since!

Despite it being an 80's fragrance (I think 80's anyway!), Paris never smelled dated to me and always had a timeless feel to it. The same can't be said for YSL Opium which is the almost Satanic antithesis of this perfume!

It might be time for me to get myself another bottle of Paris!

Louw
Louw

It really annoys me that this smells divine in the bottle, on a tester and on friends but not on me! On my skin the lovely violet becomes cloying and sickly and obscures all the other notes. So sad that it doesn't suit me!

bluemlein
bluemlein

once again, as with every perfume that isn't a maudlin formula repeated by the dozens, this scent works really well on some of us and smells like, or is perceived as, insecticide on others.

well, i happen to be one of the fortunate ones, in more than one way. not only does it smell really good on me, i was given over a dozen bottles of extrait some years ago. delish. each one in its own little rose coloured box, with its own fat rhinestone cap. they are keeping company with about twenty bottles of tocade someone else gave me before that and together they make beautiful music.

if one were to describe paris in other than fragrance terms, what would one say? not elegant in the way bal a versailles is, but then that is one-of-a-kind. not "rich" in the manner of 1000 or joy. not "the soul of a flower" in the manner of fracas or bellodgia.

no. paris, to me, is a slightly ditzy, very happy, offbeat youngish woman who gaily trips through le tout paris and whose joie de vivre is admired by the inexperienced young and the more sedate members of society, whose memories are triggered by her flighty pleasantness.

(c)2011 daisy morant

Adelaide
Adelaide

This reminds me of the Hollywood glamor times of the 40's- 50's, which in my opinion is a very good thing. Great lasting power and I can mostly smell rose, lilies and violet. Lovely perfume, very elegant and a true YSL classic <3

olga1780
olga1780

There are so many reviews here,so I will be short without going into any poetic descriptions.
Amazingly, in the drydown Paris reminds me of Joy by Patou. The longest lasting YSL im my collection ( I have EDP. Gorgeous and luxurious floral classic!
I tried its flankers but they are just too weak and watered down to my nose. But layering them with the original will be fun!
Absolutely love it!

Sissi
Sissi

A Tale of the Parisian Sisters Y.S.L Paris & Dior Diorissimo both French and exudes Glamor yet very
different like Night and Day; Paris is a bold
gregarious Sister nothing is quiet about her everything
from the notes Of Paris is big The opening packs a punch
from the Sweetish mimose bright greens Roses hyacinths
to the fiery Sandalwood finishing she'll demands your
attention and wont let go; She also has a lot of personas She's a hot clubber on the dancefloor seducing
all the guys amid her path A top corporate raider who
has everyone under her thumb Or a Diva who needs to be
a center of attention.

Diorissimo a reserved sister of Paris prim & proper
and modesty is her aura Simple and Elegant she doesn't
need a thousand floral notes not Hot deep woody incense to be notice just a few fresh Lilies green
notes and bergamot Her Persona include being a Ballerina plus a housewife and mother she rather work
behind the scenes then being center stage;
If Y.S.L Paris is the fiery part of Parisian Elegance
so Diorissimo is the Ice.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Paris makes you feel surrounded by a bouquet of fresh, sweet, delicate roses and violets straight from the garden. Violet is the dominant scent, so if you don't care for violet fragrances, you might not like Paris. In fact, Paris reminds me of violet candies and violet chewing gum! Paris is very sweet like that violet candy; it is innocent and playful, youthful, joyous, charming, feminine and romantic. Although when I was young I adored the original Paris, now at age 46 it's too sweet and cloying for me. I can see how it could be headache inducing in some. Recently I tried a Paris flanker - Jardins Romantiques - which is softer, greener and more refreshing to my nose. I absolutely love it! I traded my old original Paris for Jardins Romantiques, which is now in my top 5 favorite fragrances, and a scent I use almost daily. I'm looking forward to trying all the other Paris flankers as well.

P.S.: Check out the 1986 video of the Yves Saint Laurent ad on this page, with the pretty young lady in the huge shoulder-padded pastel pink power suit - tres chic and so '80's! You can see they marketed this to a young, hip crowd, with the electric guitar in the soundtrack. I love how at the end she's deliriously happy, showing off to the admiring guys by dabbing herself with the perfume, with her head thrown back, laughing!

kgb1_nz
kgb1_nz

I loved this perfume in my late teens and early 20s. But after a while I started developing sinus headaches when wearing it. Looking at the list of notes, I think it must be the mid notes of violet and the base notes of iris that made me want to scrub it off before it was ready to evaporate. Pity, a joyous scent.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

PARIS is a grand floral composition exploding with joy and happiness. It is full of life and light, dancing and singing in celebration of spring and romance. I yet to find another composition that capture the essence of Paris the way this fragrance does. It is flamboyant, romantic, lighthearted and fun. This fragrance has the power of transporting me to Paris in early summer as I imagine strolling down the streets of my favorite city while holding a gorgeous bouquet of roses. It brings smile on my face and unconsciously I start humming the happy tune.

The opening is bright and green with a touch of bergamot, mimosa and hyacinth. The rose appears soon accentuated slightly by tart cassia and geranium. However, the geranium is not overpowering, so the whole composition remains strong but light and airy. The heart notes are gorgeous bouquet of roses, lilies and violets wrapped with powdery but very chic orris (iris). The dry down is very sensual powdery musk with a bit of amber and oakmoss.

This fragrance is a complex floral but the rose note is prominent right from the start. The rose is incredibly romantic in this fragrance. I definitely recommend this gorgeous fragrance for floral and rose lovers. The sillage and longevity is great considering that this is EDT.

weegee
weegee

Paris is the fragrance that once saved my sanity.

Paris arrived on the scene in 1983 when I was living in Santa Fe, about to be married and trying very hard not to let my miserable job at the telephone company make me insane. I answered one call after another with hardly a moment to breathe in between --hundreds per day-- from impatient people who assumed all phone company employees were total idiots. Never before nor since have I been so unhappy at work. My refuge was the outrageous outfits I wore (allowed because we met no customers face-to-face) and the fragrance I chose each day.

Where does Paris come in? Right here: no matter how rude the customers, no matter how disrespectful the supervisors were toward us (management vs union), when I wore Paris I could close my eyes for a few seconds, inhale deeply and imagine myself far away in exotic Paris. Violets and roses calmed me and the light, watery song of Paris kept me sane. My edp can still take me there, no matter the season, no matter the stress level.

I congratulate Ms. Grojsman for rejecting the current popularity of fruity-tooty and foody/gourmand fragrances. She understands the essence of femininity and in this age of so-called "unisex" perfumes, I find her disinterest in creating fragrances for men oddly reassuring. Her refusal to reformulate is similarly refreshing; good to know Paris will always smell like Paris.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

The Paris I have is the Fleur de Parfum version... the bottle shape is similar, but the color is not. Mine is yellow, vintage looking. The cap is golden, with a rose etched on the top. I got it in a swap, and I'm happy to own it.
For some unexplained reason, it makes me think of my grandmother; not that she had it; but there is something about it, that says, to me, "classy, old lady".
It's not a stinker by any means, but it's a strong, old, almost wilted, powdery rose, mixed with violets and a dusty old book smell.
Although heavy, there is a transparency in it, like rose petals pressed inside the pages of a book...
Definitely the Bulgarian rose type, not the Middle Eastern kind.
Yet it's far away from being oily , on the contrary, the dryness of sandalwood dominates, if you can ignore the soapy notes. I refuse to smell soap in it, because I usually run away from soapy scents, and I really want to love this one.
I am a rose lover and I collect rose scents, and Paris is a legend.
But I must admit, Paris is one of the most "uncontemporary" rose scents I own, because I don't want to say it's old-fashioned, elegant, timeless, very distant, beautiful to sniff but very difficult to wear.
When I do wear it, I feel like a movie star from a black and white movie.

Janina
Janina

Paris is so beautiful, abundant, rich and vivid scent. It smells even better to me, when I try to forget the fashion of the times when it was created. I so much despise the fashion of 80-ties. It is too monstrous and the overdone shiny, plastic ugliness of almost anything done in 80-ties makes me sick. But thanks to this headless sense for abundance some wonderful perfumes were created. All we have to do now is to learn how to see them through the current prism.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this one is up there with Giorgio as a totally recognisable, 80's scent. It's fun, fresh and very wearable in comparison to the current sugar water stuff. More young women should pick this one up as a fun scent instead of the celeb brands. I find it too sweet and bright but enjoy smelling it on someone else! I remember a lovely friend of mine, Denise, wore this in the 80's and I think of her as soon as I sniff it!

Woodelf
Woodelf

I love YSL Paris. It was given to me as a Christmas gift by an employer and I was skeptical. How did she know I would like this? Scents are so personal... but ever the adventurer who likes to try different fragrances, I wore this. It was love at first scent.

Paris is a garden of roses. Not hybrid roses, but old fashioned aromatic cabbage roses. Warm, fresh, not overly sweet, brightened with a touch of cassis and bergamot, and tempered with mosses and woods. It's bright and vibrant and reminds me of a sunny day strolling along the Champs Elysées.

Since the day I was given it as a gift, it is now one of the staples of my perfume wardrobe. I've worn it in all seasons, for all occasions.

MMMMMM...Paris! The perfumed city, the City of Love , the City of Lights. When I was growing up, I was told the french are rude, smelly (either musky/dirty or too perfumed) and that they hated Americans. It just goes to show how wrong influences can be when you are young and impressionable. Every one I have ever met from Paris, has been wonderful! Kind, considerate and full of life! And they all smelled divine! This fragrance is also like that...

Always, when I was growing up Mother wore only Chanel No5 EDC-in the rechargeable black square sprayer (with gold collar and the interlocked capital "C's" on the top). To me, THAT was French perfume. This scent has the same type of quality-heavy flowers, but not overly intense; it's musky, but not "stinky" and rich but not haughty or arrogant. It is absolutely beautiful!!

The opening here is not all that "80s powerhouse" or aldehydieous. It begins with light springtime flowers (hawthorn, hyacinth, mimosa) and some delightful greens and just enough bitterness to accent the floral sweetness. The carnation adds a bit of dryness, but it doesn't flatten the other blossoms. The heart is more summery in my opinion-roses in full bloom, jasmine scented nights, milky lilies and warm subtle ylang-with the fuller sexier flowers and the greeness of muguet, linden and orris; it reminds one of trees in bloom, grass growing and all the earth bursting forth in heavenly aromatic perfumes. The drydown has the typical oakmossy feel, and musk for sure; yet the luxurious woods and the creamy iris and heliotrope keep it from being too oriental or too chypre. It is like spring, into summer, followed my autumn...all in the course of one wearing. AMAZING...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.25/5

I seriously doubt that this is what Paris (capital of France) actually smells like...but then again; it does smell romantic, lovely and very old world. Elegant, charming and very very riche. This scent brings to mind the old tune: "I love Paris in the Springtime..." *hums happily*

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

To me the essence of this fragrance is the explosion of roses that wraps you up all day and gently lulls you to sleep. I tread lightly and dreamily when I wear this fragrance as to do more would be to break its beautiful spell.I love the musk and cedar in the base notes that give it the mystery and sensuality that matures it into more than just a pretty rose to a rose with secrets.

Angelstar
Angelstar

I love this fragrance as my mum used to wear it when I was little. It smelt so gorgeous on her!! My husband bought me a bottle before we were married and I used to use it quite regularly for a while but found it a bit overpowering on me. Now I am that little bit more grown-up I think i'll give it another go especially after reading all the lovely reviews.

MoietToi
MoietToi

My mother used to wear that perfume when she was young, she still does occasionally. One day I discovered that she had left a close to empty bottle of Paris in the living room. I decided to try it out. When I first smelled my wrists I was almost convinced that I had been knocked unconcious by goblins and that they had dumped me in an English garden.

This perfume is extremely floral and I can detect a note of rose which resembles to the ones that Mum cultivates in our garden. After a while it started to smell like flowers that had been plucked and dropped in the grass. I like the fact that this perfume smells very floral without being artificial or overpowering.

It is the smell of a beautiful garden in a bottle.

Lotofire
Lotofire

What a beautiful fragrance, my sister used to wear this...and i love it so much on her, a femenine classy tipe of fragrance timeless wich is a so hard to acquire quality.

naheed
naheed

This one is a masterpiece by sophia Grojsman. It smells like a fragrance of its time no matter one wore it back in the 80s, 90s or wear in 2000 it smells always like a newly launched perfume and very opulent. I loved it when my aunt used to wear it in the 90s and then she gifted me her packed back up bottle and I just adored it and I still do.

guest_Pearl Of the Night
guest_Pearl Of the Night

Growing up I couldn't stand this fragrance, I found the roses and violets rather overwhelming and nauseating. It always used to bring out my allergies.

I tried this again recently and for some reason I found myself grwoing to love it.

This isn't one of those versatile fragrances which you can wear all the time - It seems that there needs to be a certain time and place to be wearing Paris.
I find that Paris has its own magic when worn on a rain-drenched day during Spring.

Gorgeous... but not to be worn 24/7.

maatgirl
maatgirl

I had the EDT of this back in the '80s and I loved it. The combination of roses and violets was intoxicating, and I loved the black-and-pink packaging. Fast forward 25 years or so, and I can definitely detect the reformulation of this scent. It still smells very clean to me, but either the rose used to be more multi-dimensional or the hyacinth note was stronger, adding more richness to the fragrance. Also, now, I notice an almost PVC-plasticky note in there somewhere. Make no mistake--it's still very recognizable as Paris and it bears the Sophia Grosjman stamp...it's just changed, and I'm not sure if I'm totally OK with that.

Manya
Manya

Beautiful daytime fragrance in spring or winter, may be a worn in summer at night. Powdery roses that scream "I am what I am, love me or leave me"!

When I bought this perfume, I was looking for something different and something that would cheer me up after a painful break-up... I remember sniffing shelves after shelves of perfumes and thinking how unoriginal and boring everything was- and then I stumbled across this little gem of a bottle!

It was love at first sniff. There is no other fragrance more positive than this one! It's like a symphony played in a major accord! Happy, happy, happy!

I almost wore out my 50ml bottle, but ended up giving the rest of it to my mom, because the scent had become overwhelming. I still love it, but for the moment I find it too powerful. But it was a great energy boost whenever I needed one!

P.S. I just spritzed a little on my wrists - for old times' sake - and OMG I still find it beautiful! It smells like sweet flowers in full bloom in the sunshine, like a promise of honey :)

F_A
F_A

This fragrance is truly Paris in the bottle. Each city has its smell and YSL managed to catch and put the smell of this romantic city into the bottle.
It is so strange, but when I stepped out of the plane at the end of July, CDG Paris airport smelled like YSL Paris EDT! This fragrance is about roses, blooming near Notre Dame in summertime, there's a distant note of the cigarette smoke mixed with a smell of morning cappuccino and fresh sweet bread rolls, watery smell of Seine river, and everything is sinking in roses!
I am so in love with Paris!..

Alexandrarae

I can only wear Paris EDP - strangely the EDT gives me a headache. I think the EDP softens more on my skin and I get the soft mix of rose and violet - sillage is very good. Haven't worn this for a while but feel the need to give it another go - like it more in cooler weather - bit heady for hot summer days.

bluegreenlj
bluegreenlj

In the early 90s' I had a manager who was a heavy smoker and seemed to use this perfume exclusively. She keeps a bottle of Paris in the office. She was loud, agressive and the most intelligent woman I ever met. I feared and admired her at the same time. The combination of Paris & the cigarette smoke on her clothes created a rather unpleasant scent that I can never forget. I really didn't like the scent. Perhaps today if I smell this scent on someone else, I might have a different opinion!

aromaminx
aromaminx

i remember the week this was launched. both the 'high end' stores were brimming with bustling staff carrying baskets of fake pink and red roses.....DROWNED IN PARIS PERFUME!!!and women were buying bottles as if it were a once in a lifetime experience,lol

fortunately, Paris arrived and has continued to remain.
a beautiful , girly brew of a perfume,intoxicating ,youthful and full of joie de vie..just as the man ,yves wished. RIP mr. saint laurent

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Paris EDP is what happens when violets and roses make babies!!!

There is nothing shy or retiring about this scent, to me it is all about joyful, youthful exuberence and big, big flowers. It is sunshine & lollipops. It is a fat little labrador puppy running with abandon across the lawn. It is magnificant.

Just a word of warning though, you only need one squirt, probably right between the boobs so it wafts up peacefully. And don't try to stick your nose directly on it until drydown, it is so strong that it felt like it was reaching up my nose & wriggling around in my brain.

jeniferlyn69
jeniferlyn69

I love this. Wore it as a teen and bought it two years ago when I realized how much I still loved it! For some reason--this reminds me of a "tea" scent. It is different-my man hated it on me though-was using as (*gasp*) a room freshener-when my best gf snatched it out of my hand. It says a lot SHE loves it too--Cashmere is her other favorite.

This smells just like my rose garden early in the morning after the sprinklers have been on and the sun is warming everything up, I could not care less what decade it came from. It smells wonderful and for my chemistry it is perfect.

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

This is a rather 'cold' fragrance that inhibits the scent of dew laden roses and sheer violets. There's an underlying 'green' note that prevents Paris from smelling too sweet.
The smell reminds me of walking along a rain drenched footpath in a cosmopolitan city under a dark sky.
But for some reason, I find this a little cloying - I'm always sneezing when I try this on.

guest_agatha_anthony_dar@yahoo.c
guest_agatha_anthony_dar@yahoo.c

Hi,
I love Paris, I fell in love with it since 1993 soon after my wedding. I was on my way back to Sofia Bulgaria and I bought a 100mls bottle, since then I have been addicted to it. Its cool and last whole day.

Marisa36
Marisa36

I love rose (I'm a Stella McCartney freak), but I don't like this one. My late mom used to wear this in the 80's before she converted to Clinique's Aromatics. Parisienne to me is a toned down version of this and I'm happy to wear that but not this... there is just something about it - maybe too sweet? Makes me feel ill. Reminds me of my mom of course and probably in my mind I've added a hint of sadness to this one.

teedee
teedee

paris paris paris...

it is a big huge bouquet of pink roses. Freshly picked with a hint of green notes.

Paris got me in first sniff...

yes, it smells classic, but not old. it is timeless instead.

unlike most rose fragrances, Paris is not too hand soap-y. it lasts long too!

another pleasant surprise for myself: it doesnt change to typical striking sour drydown i tend to get with roses.

and ladies: guys loves this one! trust me.

this one is really good, for me one of the most beautifull florals ever created.. so rosy, so classic. a must have for everyone who loves a really well made floral... a must have for the rose lovers....

selinum28
selinum28

All YSL Beauty and Fragance products are of great quality; they are also very expensive, but never disappoint. I usually hate perfumes that smell clearly of roses, the classic rose scent that we call classic not because it is excellent but because it is found almost everywhere with very few variations. "Paris" is not the usual but the excellent: roses and feminity idealized and triumphant. It inspires me such a powerful joy. I love it.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

My mom and aunt used to wear this one. It brings back great memories but I have haven't smelled it in a while. It's a nice fragrance long lasting but a bit synthetic IMO.

cloyd42
cloyd42

This is one of those "big" 80's perfumes that you love or hate. If you love them YSL did them better than anyone. It's bold, unmistakable and the florals are clear and true. What makes it special is the sandalwood base. It warms the flowers and cuts the sweetness of the violets. If you want heads to turn when you walk by you may want to investigate this perfume.

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

Gosh..I remember Paris very well. It was my very 1st 'grown-up' perfume back when i was about 9 or 10. It was an xmas present from my brother and his girlfriend. Whenever i went to visit my brother i always used to use his girlfriends 'paris'. I loved it.When i smell it now it brings back happy childhood memories. A very heady aromatic floral bouquet of a scent, and, to my nose the Hyacinth and Lily really stood out above the other floral notes. Its nice to see from the other reviews that this perfume is still highly thought of and regarded as it is an unmistakable scent that lasts throughout the day. x

movs
movs

Sweet as bonbons. But it also smells like a big bunch of fresh roses added a bit of lily of the valley and violets. In spite of the bonbons it's a very nice and classic floral scent - very sophisticated and very YSL.
A crisp and sweet rose scent.

The new reformulated version is nothing like the old Paris. It's powdery in a way that doesn't suit the roses. It smells like a perfume that has been kept for too long and now has turned rancid.

In 3 words: ROMANTIC - SOPHISTICATED - SWEET

rithacha
rithacha

SHERAPOP your review is a blast and, yes, this IS Dallas!

Paris is on my mind; yesterday I was working with roses and, instead of smelling roses, I was smelling PARIS. Yes, Paris has reached the point of (in)famacy such that it IS the rose, the perfume interpretation of it anyway. Stella McCartney and Bvlgari do a stellar job of reinterpretting it, but Paris, like a beloved great-aunt, is to my mind THE great rose in perfumery.

That said, I find Paris to be wonderfully enjoyable, in MODERATION. Spray more than 3x, and you're transported to the permed-hair shoulder-padded 80s, but with a light hand, there's none of that. Although the opening smells obnoxiously boozy and green, spray lightly and the rose heart is dewy and velvety, with startling splashes of color.

If she were a painter, Sophia Grojsman would share a pallete with Edgar Degas and work only on sundrenched Sunday afternoons. She would nap in the sunlight filtered through the studio window, play Debussy in the background. And then she would create Paris.

Paris doesn't work for me, however much I adore it, simply because I cannot abide violets. If there is one floral easily detectable under the rose, it is violet, so tinged with regret, I will cast my sight toward the summertime flankers.

Yves Saint Laurent PARIS is a *very* floral fragrance--a huge flower garden dominated by roses of all colors and sizes. It's all a bit overwhelming: I feel as though I'm wearing a huge corsage. Or maybe twelve.

The flowers do smell nice and fresh and as genuine as they would be at a rose competition--perhaps at a state fair--but I feel uncomfortable in this scent. It's really not me. And I must say that it does not cohere in any way with my concept of Paris.

PARIS seems more along the lines of what Monica Lewinsky may have worn to go with her blue dress. Yes, as others have said: big hair, shoulder pads... Hmmm...earlier images, too, of Joan Crawford in MILDRED PIERCE keep popping up in my mind, along with one of my favorite movie lines of all time: "No wire hangers!!!!"

Perhaps a better name for this fragrance would have been DALLAS.

This is one loud rose fragrance that I do enjoy greatly.

As a child I always preferred the scent of the Black Madonna rose to any other rose in my Mother's garden. It had such a rich, distinctive smell that has been so well emulated through Paris.

This fragrance opens with rich, (and in some ways harsh) rose, gernanium, green notes and what seems to be aldehydes. There is a definite soapy/powdery quality throughout the composition which I find rather alluring.

Just looking at the adverts, I can't say that Paris is particularly sexy or seductive. I'd say forget the sexual aspect and focus on the romantic and classic feel of the scent. This is romantic, candle-lit dinners in a restaurant with a view of the Eiffel Tower, not a clothes-tearing, extremely urgent romp, beneath red satin sheets in a sleazy motel.

I also find this scent to be quite fresh, almost something that I could imagine wearing during the heat of Summer, despite the scent being quite strong. For me, Paris sparkles with vitality and commands attention.

The lasting strength is absolutely amazing. Even showering doesn't completely rid oneself of this potent fragrance.

To some this will seem out-dated, far too strong and 'nightmarish', however I do have hope that some will appreciate this fragrance like I have.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

one of my unique floral that i love!rose violet santal wood and a capiteux fragrance.meaning richness and volupty!love it feminine grandiose magnifique!bravo ysl for that perfume that celebrate woman and feminity!

Wow, I guess this is mostly a love-or-hate scent. Frankly, I thought it was fine, though not something in my character style. I didn't get the slap in the face by the gigantic circus-clown-rose people are talking about, nor did I get assaulted by detergent-like citrus notes. What I did get was an onset of lush, pale rose, very gentle and fairly true to life, with an underscoring of faintest powdery notes. As it warmed on the skin, I could detect what I read to be lily notes, and a watery feeling. Not aquatic, like the 'cool' fragrances we have these days, but more like a very fresh bud in clear water with green leaves. Very pretty, overall. I did use only a small spritz, so perhaps in large doses this is overwhelming, but that could be said of any perfume. Moderation is key.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I bought it when I was pregnant some 23 years ago...and everybody told me I stunk. So I'm not sure if it was my hormones....but I thought it was great!

Nope..tried it yesterday and it IS nasty!

Halvah
Halvah

My signature scent. It's rosy, yes, a bit powdery, very feminine and classic. I spray it on in the morning and still smell it the next morning, and this smell makes me spray it on that day as well, and the next day, too. it just goes so well with my skin that I can't be bored of it, although it seems to be very simple. But people are asking me to wear it when I change my scent for a day or too, just to give way for my other favourites. I think it's a great creation and nowadays when not as popular as it has been in the 80's, it can be a real signature.

Persephone
Persephone

A big and stinky rose. It just can't possibly get bigger and stinkier than this. A classic I'm gonna keep in my vanity drawer - far away from people's noses and once in a while get guilty pleasure sneaky sniffs.

UPDATE: I now have a couple of bottles of vintage EDT, hmmmm.... This smells different - incredibly tender pink and green ribbons. Voila! Now I can actually pull it out of my drawer.

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

I like this one. On first sniff it seems very simple-- sort of like a rose single note. However, you can distinctly smell the citrusy top notes, which then fade away to an array of floral notes-- notably violet, rose, and lilies-- until the slightly powdery, oakmossy dry down. It's a classic, and a good staple for a floral lover. This one is light, but not too "fresh," and unoffensive. Good for every day wear, especially in the spring. This is also a good fragrance for a woman of almost any age. I appreciated it as a teenager and I know older women also enjoy this scent.

moonruby
moonruby

Roses are red, Violets are blue...

A little too floral for my liking but I remember the girls in highschool (only 2 years ago) were rather fond of this.

I can imagine myself wearing this in my 30's. But not now.

Grace in a bottle! I met Paris EdT (EdP is too powdery) in 1989 when I was young and it will always remember those years full of hopes! I wore in my first teenage trips abroad as a Foreign Languages student and it always reminds me of the sense of freedom I felt far from home strict atmosphere.
I know it's one of '80s staples, but it's just a classic rose scent with a lovely delicate yet tenacious woody basenote. I smell mimosa and violets too, but they are so well blended together that Paris ends up being a beautiful bunch of roses and flowers you would put your face in. It's an enchanted garden full of flowers and sun in warm spring. I wouldn't call it a sexy scent, nonetheless it's utterly feminine and romantic, very elegant when used with sense on right chemistry. I noticed that more older ladies than young ones wear it.
For me it's the perfume of happiness, the essence of grace, happiness and freedom to travel.
The only disadvantage with Paris is that it has become such a classic and acquired taste it's not very original anymore.

GreyAngel
GreyAngel

This was the first perfume I really fell in love with... you could say, this was the one that started it all! It was being worn by a close family friend who was staying in our home, and I was so intrigued by the beautiful, complex floral notes - it was so feminine, yet not like any of the other "grandmother-ly" florals that I had experienced up until that point. I love the strong rose notes, I think that really softens it... in any event, this one has been around so long for a reason, it is truly an iconic classic fragrance, perfect for a woman of any age. Love!

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

I fell in love with this fragrance, coz the beautiful floral scent just carried me away. I know it's an old perfume, but it's endless, and Irreplacable just like Chanel. If U want a scent to last at day, this strong perfume will really hit the spot.

Auguszta
Auguszta

What a gorgeous, timeless classic this is! Instantly recognizable, yet never boring. Contrary to public belief it is neither sweet, nor girly, and it certainly isn't dated. It's a grown-up woman's scent: elegant, refined and joyful. It's almost like a declaration of spring.
The edt is a bit "greener" and gets slightly powdery. I, however, prefer the edp - a rich and heavenly nectar to indulge in for hours on end.

simonica
simonica

I remember this fragrance back when I was a little girl. I first smelled it on my aunt and after the years I fell in love with it. It's a very classy and clean perfume, just as the French women are. It has a light, flowery smell that is never overwhelming.

Taliera
Taliera

Oh Paris! You beautiful fragrance... Somewhere in my past holds the memory of this delicious scent - perhaps on one of my friends' mothers, or my school teachers... (I am too young to have remembered this as a teenager, being only born in 1986).

It took me a while to warm up to this Yves Saint Laurent scent. I used to be accustomed to floral fragrances ALWAYS being sweet, so when I met this one it just didn't make sense. Now I understand it... It's so very floral, with a rose heart - but it manages to be attractive and not sweet. Yes, it's punchy and a bit loud, but it's also complex and deeply seductive!

badusername
badusername

This was one of both my grandmother and aunt's signature scents, along with Rive Gauche. I can't tell you how I felt when I smelled this - reminded me instantly of my grandmother. I'm usually not one for rose scents, but this is so delicious. Definitely going to purchase this as soon as I can.

Mals86
Mals86

Somehow I missed the whole 80's Big Hair, Big Shoulders, Big Perfume thing -- I guess there is finally some justification for not having been fashionable in my high school years. In any case, I tried Paris for the first time today and found it entirely pleasant. It was not nearly as powdery on me as Bvlgari Pour Femme (which is more subtle, certainly, but contains a half-hour of Mildew Smell somewhere in the heart, on me at least). It was not nearly as loud as I expected it to be, having read some reviews of the original formulation of Paris. I suspect that I've got the reformulated version, because it had pleasant but not overwhelming sillage and lasted about 4 1/2 hours (the EdP).

Rose is definitely at the center of this fragrance, but I definitely get the violet too, as well as some other, less defined floral scents. Very pleasant. Because I prefer my roses to be light and sheer, though, I'm going to look for one of the limited editions, which seem to have the lightness I like in a rose scent.

What this perfume lacks in subtlety, it gains in lightheartedness.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Extremely powdery floral. It's like a more subtle version of Bvlgari Pour Femme, which I love. I liked the scent a lot but I'm more taken with the Pour Femme. The major difference is the lack of carnation in this scent, which some may love.

Give them both a try back to back when purchasing if this is your style of perfume. Another note, while I like this scent, I can't stand it's pink bottled counter part. It captures the more green aspects of a rose.

Malegria
Malegria

I think that Paris was way ahead of it`s time, and adamant 80-s somehow never came to my mind when I met it. It is lush and beautiful, very feminine - and has a certain freshness to it, like a drop of cold dew, a green stroke - to soften the sweetness.I remember it being a mood lifter,and I would like to re-try it on myself.

Lizura
Lizura

Never felt the roses in this one, I always considered this to be a really dreadful fragrance to the point of nausea.
It just goes so unbearable and sharp on my skin. So glad I never purchased this one!

angelahta
angelahta

In the 80's Paris was my sister signature scent for the night (Anais Anais was her daily scent). It's one of the most feminine fragrance I know and I bought it recently. This smell remind me those years and the time we were together.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Ouf! I think a lady needs to be very dignified and beautiful to wear this without it being tiresome. Roses and violets are not exactly a novel combination, something is needed for lift and spark. The bergamot is lost from start to finish, and the sandalwood merely adds to the sense of sameness. This is is all too Edwardian for me; it makes me think of dowagers shopping for hats on the Champs Elysees, except that unlike a dowager this thing doesn't have the grace to subside. In the grand tradition of perfumes I don't like, this one has a longevity so pronounced it's utterly macabre. It stays on my skin for days.

cognac
cognac

This is a lovely rose"ish" fragrance.
It has wonderful staying power.Notes of flowers combined with the rose ,amber and sandalwood makes it delicious and feminine.Is wonderful for a night out or may be a night of seduction.

chrisstinna_b
chrisstinna_b

This is one of the perfumes that give me headaches... when I first smelled it I had that "eeew!" sensation and the smell persisted in my nostrils for a long while. It's SO concentrated, awfully sweet and long lasting, and you can feel the smell even after shower. I even sprayed it over a fluffy vest, and I can remember that even after washing that vest, the smell of Paris was still there! :O

It reminds me of old french ladies...
Even my friend who LOVES "old-lady perfumes" hated it...

Deedz
Deedz

I wear YSL Paris a lot and really enjoy it. It's so flowery and clean smelling but with a little twist of something different. I think it's bottle design and box represent it beautifully.
It's the only scent I've found so far that is this girly without being too sweet or rosey.

azuriiita
azuriiita

In my opinion, its a fragrance to combine with festive spirit :D when i used this, my mom always asked to me: what is smelling like wine? :D its your perfume? :D
its like a nice-cheerful-colored flowers bouquet.
Very suitable for special outside parties ... with a cute dress, attractive lipstick ;) jejeje

PR
PR

This time I decided not to judge perfume by its packaging, but I would be right if I would. I see it was launched in 80's, but for me it is the smell of early 90's. Perhaps it was unique in its' time, but now I just know I smelled many like this one in my teens on my mother or her friends, perhaps some of them even had it. Very strong, sweet and sour at the same, too flowery. I wouldn't buy it even as the present to my mom, because I hope she's over it or the similar scents, and it doesn't speak to me personaly

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Sound, piquant, rose smell. These roses in this are cheerful, flirting, civilize - as from city park, not from country garden. Smell is very elegant. It is necessary to have shoes on heels for it, fine dress and careful haircut.

golden
golden

Both this and anaise anaise (don't know if tats how it is spelt?)I used to wear many years ago. I haven't tried it lately (any of them)
But i know they both have cherished memories for me.
Light delicate and young.

elgab89
elgab89

Beautiful fragrance. It starts with a few sharp notes (80s style), but dries down in a perfect rose - violet harmony. It also has an outstanding sillage. I agree with caribou about the romantic quality of the perfume.

sjanira
sjanira

Very romantic light and flowery. I wear it now and then and only need a little as more than that can be overpowering. A very beautiful, classy and timeless scent.

soirdelune
soirdelune

Oh, god, clings like detergent on me. Gave mine to a friend who ended up spraying it in her shoes ... the perfume made them smell much worse! A great shame -- I love a floral and a good rose is to die for! But this is a rose scent that packs an almighty 80s punch.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Maybe the best rosescent ever, lovely and rich, but not annoyingly sweet. Feminine, happy and chic Yves saint Laurent classic.

dang_thu
dang_thu

I use it for formal & special occasions. Classic and aristocratic.

caribou55313
caribou55313

Extravagantly romantic rose, violets and more, in a fresh multicolor bouquet. In the EDT, sheerer and more green. In the EDP, technicolor splendor! This was my wedding fragrance; it always brings me joy.

2007

Paris by Yves Saint Laurent 3.57 out of 5 based on 1967 ratings and 256 user reviews

21.99 GBP
Yves Saint Laurent 'Paris Rebel' Eau de Parfum Limited Edition One Size
Yves Saint Laurent 'Paris Rebel' Eau de Parfum Limited Edition One Size
Yves Saint Laurent Paris Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Yves Saint Laurent Paris Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Paris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Paris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paris by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paris by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.