Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Paris Pont des Amours Yves Saint Laurent for women

Paris Pont des Amours Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

In March 2008 YSL launches a new limited edition romantic fragrance Paris Pont des Amours. The fragrance is inspired by the first rendezvous, walks by couples in love, holding hands...

On the bridge over the Seine River, at dawn while the day is waking up, she is looking at her reflection and dreaming about him. While the city of Paris is still asleep, the spring stirs her emotions, passion and desire, there at the place of love, and she knows that everything is possible...

Paris Pont des Amours brings love accords of rose buds, fresh violets and orange blossom. The heart follows with elegant May rose, jasmine, and carnation, while the base introduces sensual musk and sandalwood.

The bottle is designed in line with the previous editions of YSL Paris. This time it is inspired by the first rays of sunlight, which seem as if they are just waking up and discreetly gleaming on the bottle. The shine and the colors of the bottle are reminiscent of an early morn on the river Seine.

The fragrance comes as 125ml (4.37 fl.oz.) EDT.

Orange Blossom Rose Violet

Carnation May Rose Jasmine

Sandalwood Musk

So In Love

Paris Pont des Amours Fragrance Reviews

Paris Pont des Amours is a lovely flanker from the house of YSL. It is the epitome of Spring in a bottle. It also reminds me of luxury, rose-scented soaps found in period-style hotels.

I tested Paris Pont des Amours on a cold Winter's night, and only seconds after applying it was obvious that I was using it during the wrong season. Save this fragrance for a warm, sunny day. I had to sit myself in a well-heated room to experience its full potential.

It has a lot of the original YSL Paris charm, however the rose accord has been toned down considerably, freshened up with a soft orange blossom note and enriched with an ultra-feminine carnation accord.

The overall feel of this fragrance is dewy and fresh. The drydown provides some soapy qualities with a blend of white musk and sandalwood, which surprisingly holds for a long time on the skin.

Paris Pont des Amours is one of the less talked of Paris flankers, but in my opinion, it's easily one of the best. Both the sillage and longevity are superb, not to mention the beautiful, baby pink bottle design. I would be half-inclined to say that even those that disliked the original, may find themselves drawn to Paris Pont des Amours, especially seeing that the rose note is less prominent in this composition. I recommend.

swoon
swoon

smells like grass, not my type.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Soft, spring-like, pleasant jasmine-rose floral.
Kind of smells like clean floral scented bodywash.
Nice 'n light. Safe, daytime scent.

CHRISOPIGI
CHRISOPIGI

Paris PONT des AMOUR is the P E R F E C T Scent for me!
U N F O R T U N A TE LY it is out of stock since a long time now! The BEST FOR HOT MEDITERRANEAN WEATHER!
Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS TO ITS C R E A T O R S!!!

olga1780
olga1780

Quite disappointed with this flanker because of its sillage and lasting power. I can barely detect it on me. I think I am a better candidate for the original Paris EDP version. Maybe my nose is losing sensitivity from strong fragrance abuse? LOL
But I'm sure it can be layered nicely with the original Paris.

I remember this one. I had a sample and loved it as all YSL Paris springtime editions and maybe more.
Old good Paris was one of my first fragrances, very romantic and also very strong, but now I have grown to more subtle tastes somehow.
For a few years I bought a bottle of springtime editions, because they looked all very similar, but Roses Enchantees and Pont des Amours were the best ones for me. I didn't care much for Bourgeons, too many acidic berries in it. So I need to say that I don't like LE!!

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

Love from the first sniff. Very classy, very european, romantic and lovely.
Roses, roses, lot of roses - with much tenderness and sencualities. True French "love poem" of fragrances.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Sweet sweet sweet and rose rose rose. If you don't like roses then this is definitely not for you! I normally like fragrances with punch or spice but totally fell for the overt femininity of this limited edition version of Paris. It is that powdery, jammy, sugary type rose that could never be mistaken for anything else. I bought it unsniffed and just love it. Definitely a good spring fragrance and the bottle and packaging is simply gorgeous.

sungelly87
sungelly87

I bought this perfume at an outlet store and love it. It's a bit different from the original paris, but not many people would know. i find this definitely spicier than Paris. Instead of the bergamot, Pont des amours has that carnation, which I love. In my opinion, if you like roses, then Pont des Amours and any versions of Paris will make you happy.

box of delights
box of delights

I am wearing this perfume right now as I bought it from ebay from reading all your comments and it made me very curious and had to buy it.It is now obsolete and you can't buy it in the shops. This perfume is slightly strong and has a strong sandalwood overtones with violet underlying it, more like smoky violet and is suitable for evening wear rather than daytime. It is utterly sultry and sexy. Would I wear it? Yes I would and I think it would go down well if you went out with a gorgeous Frenchman wearing a trench coat in the rain and we would eat in a smoky cellar playing cool jazz. Mmmmm! Makes me think of Paris in the Fifties. Bring it back!

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

This is a favourite, joyful and romanticroses and that lovely hint of orange blossom.

falovalo
falovalo

Gentle like a lady walking through a garden of roses. Roses and dusting powder, thats what I smell, very nice and soft. After wearing it again, I noticed the orange blossom, very nice!

sunkist7957
sunkist7957

Choosing a perfume that suits you is not easy. Thank god, finally, I found the right perfume for me. Yes, it is YSL Paris Pont des Amours. I’m sooooo in love with this perfume. It has everything that I need in a perfume - soft, light, romantic and feminine - I just love it! If you love the smell of rose then this is the perfume for you.

Taliera
Taliera

This is a beautiful and romantic perfume. It has things which Paris has not got, but it is also missing things from Paris. Firstly, the roses are a bit sweeter and more feminine. Secondly, it lacks that strong punch which Paris has from the outset.

To me it is a "version" of Paris, which, without a discerning eye (nose) is on even keel with Paris. But given the choice, I would still choose Paris - because it is longer-lasting and a classic that has stood the test of time.

Wear Paris for several days and then wear Pont des Amours for several days - you will see which is the better-made perfume!

Mals86
Mals86

Paris is too TOO much for me, so I was happy to find this summer flanker on ebay for relatively cheap. I'm always a sucker for carnation.

However, Pont des Amours is, as someone else pointed out, mostly rose. That's fine with me; I wanted a "mostly rose" fragrance that didn't smell powdery, jammy, cooked, or sickeningly sweet. Like the original, I get fresh rose, along with those pretty violets, right from the beginning. The jasmine is quite subdued (again, the way I like it) and the carnation is the merest hint of spice to this sweet summery pink rose. Drydown is very gentle and enjoyable.

This doesn't last as long as Paris the original - but one can't really expect the springtime version, which is lighter by design, to have the same staying power.

Delightful. Perfect for tea dresses, church, weddings... Pretty without being dumb as well. I expect this one will get quite a workout from me.

all I can smell in this perfume is rose,rose and more roses!I think the older versions of this perfume and au printemps were more light and lovely.I can't call it disappointing but when it comes to Yves Saint laurent I expect something better.

amanda
amanda

beautiful description, for a beautiful frafrance, mahunhal

mahunhal
mahunhal

Fresh,sweet and sensual.My girlfriend has this,she has a craze for roses,she had the classic version of Paris and when it comes in market, she got it. when she wears it she smells like roses and I love her more;) Obviously this Paris Pont des Amours is a fragrance of romance,emotions, passion and desire.for me this is a fragrance of love,love this.

ydee
ydee

This summer issue is very nice, fresh and soft sweet, a bit sweeter as the summer issues befor, smelled that right away at the first sniff. Love it.
It is very fresh in summer and still is lovely to use at colder days.

guest_rachelmary
guest_rachelmary

I get compliments all the time when I wear this, it has similiarities to the original, but more softer and romantic.

I have bought this, and it is lovely and very true to its name spring time. It is reminicent of the original paris, but lighter and not so sharp. A softer more floral version. Not overpowering at all but still noticeable

Nuppu
Nuppu

These Paris Springtime editions are always excellent.

guest_marijana
guest_marijana

I am looking forward to trying this perfume. I have classic version of Paris, edp, and it is quite strong, so I am rarely in the mood for it. I've read great critics about all spring versions of Paris, so I am expecting a lot from this one

Paris Pont des Amours by Yves Saint Laurent 4.40 out of 5 based on 64 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Paris Pont des Amours fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Paris Pont des Amours, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paris Pont des Amours by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paris Pont des Amours by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.