Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Paris Premieres Roses 2012 Yves Saint Laurent for women

Paris Premieres Roses 2012 Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Paris Premieres Roses 2012 Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

For the spring of 2012, Yves Saint Laurent presents another limited edition of the Paris fragrance, Paris Premieres Roses. Inspirations for this fragrance are first roses, poetry, romance, passion, and, of course, the city of Paris.

This harmonious airy composition is dominated by roses, accompanied by floral notes of delicate peony, vivid orange blossom, green lily of the valley and elegant violet, as well as white musk and sandalwood, creating the full experience of rich spring gardens. Cheerful and colorful floral motive adorns the box of this year's edition.

Top notes: wild rose, violet, orange blossom. Heart: peony, lily of the valley, may rose. Base: sandalwood, white musk.

The fragrance is available as 125 ml Eau de Toilette Eau Legere.

Orange Blossom Violet Hamanasu or Japanese Rose

Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Peony

Sandalwood White Musk

Paris Premieres Roses 2012 Fragrance Reviews

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

When Coco Chanel was in the process of creating Chanel No 5, she suggested to her perfumer in Grasse “I don’t want to smell like a flower; I want to smell like a woman.”

However, if you do want to smell like a flower, then this fragrance is for you!! You will be a beautiful rose!!

This fragrance smells, mainly, as a bouquet of roses. There is also a hint of peony (but very subtle so that it only down tones the intensity of the rose.) The iris gives a discrete powdery feel to the fragrance while amber and sandalwood give a slightly oriental feel but, not as much as to classify the fragrance as heavy or oriental.

Basically, all the elements revolve around the main scent which is the rose, either to down tone or to balance the intensity of a rosy smell and it is, indeed, a well-balanced fragrance.

If you do not like to smell like roses then, this fragrance is not what you are looking for; additionally, if you prefer crisp, light, fresh, soapy scents then I would not recommend it for you either. However, if you like relatively warm, flowery scents with a hint of an oriental twist then go for it, it will not disappoint you.

I do not feel it as a signature scent (like the very distinctive, classic fragrances) but it has a Parisian charm, that je nai se quoi.

Enjoy the perfume quest!

mimette11
mimette11

Love love love it!!!!!!!!! wonderful scent. I would like a EDP or at least EDT of it because " eau legere" is not long lasting.

Ufonaut
Ufonaut

This resembles the other Paris springtime versions (all very good) but this one seems to be happier, stronger, fresher. Very good staying power - I sprayed it at 8:30 a.m. and now it's 4 p.m. and I still get it around me, so delicious. Makes my heart beat faster.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

To me this is one of the most romantic fragrances in the whole wide world. This gentle whispering rose feels like a natural extension of my own scent, and I cannot stop sniffing my hair, wrist, clothes... it' gets pretty obsessive and quite compulsive. I already had a 2011 version of this, and seemingly the two are very similar, yet there is something magical in how the 2012 version blends in with my chemistry. So glad to have discovered it!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I like the top and heart notes, which create a powdery gentle rose fragrance, but the composition becomes a little sharp on me in the base and I cannot detect any warmth from the sandalwood. Overall I really like this scent, just not on me!

I will note that the 2011 version seemed to work just fine for me!

Cams
Cams

It's really important to try fragrances (notwithstanding the value of the opinions on this wonderful blog) - the rose comes through and remains softly (yet distinctly) present the longer I wear it! Lovely. Perfect for summer - makes me think of a beautiful white maxi-dress flowing in the breeze!

Migalex
Migalex

A very natural scent of rose at first, until lilly of the valley takes over. Because I do not like lilly of the valley that much, I prefer the top to the heart. A pure, simple, light floral, without much depth. Longevity, as one would expect, is not great, nor is sillage. Overall, quite pleasant, but nothing special.
The original Paris is obviously much more sophisticated and complex but a thing I appreciate about its flankers is that they are faithfull to the spirit of the original perfume, unlike most of the others.

SingaporeGirl1975
SingaporeGirl1975

I have loved all previous versions of the YSL Paris Spring/ Summer Fragrance but in the last few years it has become increasingly difficult to get hold of them in department stores in the UK.
Can anyone please shed light on where one can purchase some either from high street retailers or on-line?

amy777
amy777

As a rose lover, this is not for me. I get very little rose in the top notes and it dries down to "public restroom soap". I tried this on one wrist and a spritz of the original Paris on the other and I much prefer the original, although the drydown of Paris reminded me of "high class soap".

I must compliment its lasting power though. It lasted all evening through several handwashings and I had to scrub to get it off at bedtime.

Paris Premieres Roses 2012 by Yves Saint Laurent 4.08 out of 5 based on 54 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Paris Premieres Roses 2012 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Paris Premieres Roses 2012, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paris Premieres Roses 2012 by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paris Premieres Roses 2012 by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.