Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Parisienne Yves Saint Laurent for women

Parisienne Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Parisienne Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Parisienne Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Parisienne Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Parisienne Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Perfumers: Sophia Grojsman, Sophie Labbe.

Commercial face: Kate Moss.

Edition: Yves Sain Laurent 2009.

This fragrance YSL appeared on the market in 2009, romantically named Parisienne, which implicates its Paris fragrance antecedents, as well as its edited bottle design. Besides the official notes of Damascus rose, violet, peony, cranberry, patchouli, vetiver, musk and sandalwood, it also contains urban and bold aromas of vinyl and lacquer, reminding us of the special scent of a cosmetic bag, make – up and high-heels on the hot city asphalt.

Cranberry Blackberry Vinyl

John Galliano Eau de Toilette

Parisienne Fragrance Reviews

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

To me this is a sweet-fresh perfume. Did not expect to like it so much! :)

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

As a sucker for roses, enjoying YSL Paris, and makeup I had to try this as well. I'm on the search for a makeup-cosmetic-artificial-feminine perfume.
I Love the unique and artificial touch of vinyl; I imagine high heels, all things pink and purple, and an over stuffed cosmetic bag which I find to be all fabulous. But the berries are too juicy sweet and overpowering for my liking. Stays on forever. I think this is a cute fragrance but not grown up enough for me!

luna rebel
luna rebel

YSL Parisienne is a juicy berry-rose scent. The vinyl note gives it a nice makeup/lipstick feel, although this is most noticeable at the beginning of the perfume. It's sweet but not candy sweet, and to me it resembles mixed berry juice blended with rose tea. I do not find it to be synthetic despite the inclusion of the vinyl note. In fact, I find it to be less synthetic than some of the mainstream fruity floral scents found on the market.

Parisienne is mild and refreshing, and I don't find it overpowering: it is actually a great summer scent! The longevity on me is about 4 hours with moderate projection. I think that YSL did a good job with this fragrance. It's a fruity floral that does not scream in your face, but is still quite juicy and delicious.

Cochlea
Cochlea

Ahh this is so nice and romantic! Thanks to the lovely Luna Rebel for gifting me a sample of this.
The nose Sophia Grosjman created Paris in the 80's. It is a classic scent of the 80's, it is an extravagant retro-style rose scent. Parisenne (created by the same nose) is the younger sister of Paris. It is a powdery violet rose scent, but it is not quite as powdery as the original Paris. It is rose with a sassy side with a tangy bite from the cranberries. The first spray was the sweet blackberries, cranberry and the vinyl note. My grandma had vinyl covering her antique furniture, the scent in Parisenne reminded me so much of that. But only briefly and not as aggressive as the covering, vinyl was on my skin for a very short time. The base is a very sexy blend of warm musk, sandalwood and vetyver.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Love, love, love! This might well be one of the very few berry scents I love!
The first spritz is a intoxicating combination of sour, somewhat fizzy berries (not sweet - yay!)combined with the rose, which is of course quite prominent. The vinyl is not far behind but not that bubbly and pushy like the rose and berries - but it eventually joins them at some point. Nearing the dry down the musk walks in - he's a little macho. But at the end all is well in Parisienne land and they all dance around a bonfire made of sandalwood!

This scent is just so much fun! It's girly and bubbly in a very classy way. The vinyl note is very very interesting and adds an interesting twist, but it's hard to describe.

I'm so happy that I snatched up a small bottle on ebay and will go for FB as soon as I finished it up.

kimora.kumane
kimora.kumane

All i can say is that this is a headache in a bottle, i got this for my birthday and i thought i would really like it but nope! I just gave it to my mother she liked it a lot.

skinnieminnie
skinnieminnie

When I first sprayed this perfume, I thought it was going to be the typical fruity-floral... because the berries and musk are very strong in the opening. Not sweet or candy-like but rather like a berry wine. Not bad, just not that interesting. However, after a few minutes, the rose then appears and the fruits slowly fade, and it's a beautiful concoction. Lovely, feminine, dainty, sexy. As described by a boyfriend... "perfume & baby powder, and it smells really good". The wood notes are there as well, giving it a nice edge, and something else I can't quite put my finger on but I'm guessing it's the vinyl note based on other reviews. It's weird. It's not a sharp note, nor is it offensive really, but it's just kind of there. Some days it smells like cosmetics, like my favorite lipstick or nail polish, some days it is more akin to margarine (I'm not kidding! It is strange.) It's not very noticeable.

After awhile, I can smell the other florals and the rose is subdued, but still ever so present. The berries have no lasting power, and though the musk is initially a stronger note in this it eventually leaves my skin after a few hours. The florals, vinyl, and especially the woody notes, last on my skin a little longer. On clothes, however, the musk stays and it still smells like that wonderful musky rose/floral that I first smelled earlier... longevity is moderate (around 4-6 hours) but I wish it lasted longer. To date, Parisienne is the most interesting and complicated scent I've ever worn, so I apologize for the muddled review, but it is truly an interesting little love potion.

Reminiscent of spring, but appropriate in any season. Day or night. Parisienne is versatile, an olfactory experience unique to the wearer; present, but never brash. Just sweet and lovely.

ameals12345
ameals12345

I think this fragrance is perfect for a nice spring day!

peferrarine
peferrarine

Take Halloween (Jesus Del Pozo), turn up the rose, add a little handful of fruits (cherries, berries) e voila, you have Parisienne.

I really like this one. The comparison above only made because i really like Halloween either and i can't ignore the similarities.
Parisienne is a bouquet of roses, slightly powdery with a fruity undertone (not girly fruity or sweet fruity). Strong, but light at the same time.

Don't be fooled by the ad with Kate Moss. The fragrance is indeed, sexy, but not in a IN YOUR FACE OSGASTIC way the video wants you to think. This one has a subtle sensuality, when you hide more than you reveal.

Suitable for day and night, prominent in warmer weather, shy in colder days. Could be used for night outs, but won't have the impact of a bomb, like club scents.

Resuming, i really like this one, is sexy and kinda safe. I just don't recommend as a blind buy cause in my country (Brazil) is WAY overpriced (like most international fragrances), so if you're Brazilian, you can find cheaper fragrances that smell similar. If you can afford it, go ahead, you won't regret it.

raunchy
raunchy

Easy scent for any time. Just easy light sweet flowery lovely fresh comfy,safe (doesnt bother anyone), but fortunately, doesnt last long on my skin. As well really poor sillage on me :(

boutonstendres

I'm on the verge of loving Parisienne. Smells very similar to Bvlgari Rose Essentielle with its shared blackberry note. (And in that regard it's also similar to Balenciaga Rose lol). Romantic, sparkly, lovely and sweet. I also feel it's sexy thanks to the wood notes.

The only downfall is the woodiness and patchouli drydown on my skin. Never have liked patchouli.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

I love the start of this peonies, violets something like sherbet similar to paris and lovely woodyness underneath, it's a deep floral with freshness but half an hour later I get this odd 'gone off' smell which spoils it for me.

I would say it's a very pretty smell, till the 'offness' kicks in, I don't know if it's my skin, my bottle or it's meant to smell like that.

I've been complemented on the smell when wearing it by woman but husband agrees has a weird off smell.

Doesn't last longer than 2 hours on me either, guess it just wasn't meant to be!

Aromawander
Aromawander

I tested it today at a local departmental store, and thank goodness that I resisted the urge to blind-buy it earlier..I love the opening notes of violets and peonies. But as it was developing into a yummilicious rose, berries and musk, that is when I got the vinyl and lacquer, and I just don't get the deal with these 2 notes here. Agreed, its a YSL fragrance and has to be different. But to me, sophistication doesn't mean smelling like a cosmetic kit! (Sorry if I've offended the fans of this fragrance but that's what it smells like on me - like a travel bag full of cosmetics. It was like coming out of a hazy dream with a sharp bang on head. If you're wondering - I'm only in my twenties, but I guess my olfactory senses are old-fashioned..

A pity, really - I loved those clean floral musky notes otherwise and would have purchased immediately had I not gotten leather, vinyl and nailpolish lacquer

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

I think this perfume smells a little bit synthetic (like shampoo scents).
Not so bad for young girls. It makes you smell clean, haha!

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

Smelled this on the YSL counter when I wanted to buy their wonderful lipsticks and I was so happy I tried it. It's nice and light and clean and just smelled good. Definitely on my want list!

maltatude
maltatude

Love the bottle, hate the fragrance with a passion. The ingredients look like my kind of thing but there is something in this that I hate. It is a weird plastic floral smell, kind of sickening. It is such a beautiful flacon - I am sadly not a fan.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

After building up how FABULOUS & WONDERFUL this fragrance would be, being a YSL fan, my initial reaction to FINALLY smelling this fragrance was 100% indecision. It smelled nothing like I imagined, and I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I think my first impression was being curious.

The first few notes are a little fruity, nothing like a bath and body works tropical type of fruity, just a stroooooooong berry sweetness. Then those "laquer & vinyl" notes are right behind it, which I was initially afraid of, but they just make the fragrance smell a little more round, so the fruit doesn't take over. It's definitely a girly scent, something that smells neither expensive nor cheap - just a middle ground on all fronts. Very pink, plastic, and frilly.

To the comments about the longevity being awful - I still smelled it on my skin 5 hours later, and even after washing it off, it was still faintly there. It's that one vinyl note I think that reallllly hangs around. Definitely wear it on your skin before purchasing! May not be for everyone.

EDIT: After purchasing the smallest bottle and wearing it a few times, I'm STILL not sure how I feel about this fragrance! I'm pretty sure this a scent that my brain just can't compute. I actually have a weird love for the plastic-y berry dry-down (which still lasts on my skin all day, and overnight). The only perfumes I've ever WOKEN UP with still fully intact were Tom Ford's Black Orchid & Cartier's La Panthere. I still enjoy having this fragrance in my collection, while it is not something I will wear every day, It is a wierd little novelty for me.

Luthien999
Luthien999

Flirty, youthful, sexy... Balanced composition of roses, violets and fruits. YSL rocks!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

What I imagine a Barbie would smell like

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

this is ok! Kind of funny, kind of innocent. I scented some plastic smell which I think was the vinyl note... nothing espetacular. just ok!
7 out of 10

Ooo what mixed and somewhat emotional reviews here on this.

I wore Gucci's Eau de Parfum a few day's ago and when I saw this in my coffret I felt a connection between the two fragrances.

This is an opinion only and who knows, my schnooz is not that of a nose? My pathetic first hubby used to say this of me and often. '"The EPA ought to hire you and place you in Bourke Street, so you tell them how many people farted that day'". Well 'Bourke' Street is the main thoroughfare in our fair city of Melbourne that faces an east/west projection. It is intersected with 'Swanston' Street the geographic centre of Melbourne. The perfect place to sight a nuclear bomb.

Anyway. Getting back to fragrances. 'Parisienne' upon first try does in fact remind me of Estee Lauder's 'Beautiful' EDP version. Only much lighter and a tad more sour, but similar nonetheless to have my nose compare, I also felt it reminded me strongly of the Gucci. EDP, sadly discontinued, needless to say I am frugal with my use of it.

'Parisienne' has a leather rather than vinyl overtone to me, and when I first smelled this a couple of years ago, I was indeed instantly reminded of Paris. I have walked those streets incessantly, the arrondisment close to Musee De Rodin.

I feel, and I know some of you lovely reviewers here disagree with this, but I feel this fragrance is a cross between 'Beautiful' and 'Gucci' the Gucci with the heavy cubed bottle. That's exactly what it reminds me of.

It is not as loud as 'Beautiful' yet soft like the Gucci EDP.

'Parisienne' to me is quite retro and could be a classic. I too think the sticker on the front is a little tacky, but this could be because the bottle was designed for something else, and had been re appropriated for this fragrance.

It is quite long lived on my skin and that is saying something, as my skin does not hold fragrances well at all, or it could just be this fragrance on me?

I quietly enjoy this fragrance, and I paid quite a lot for a 50 mill bottle of EDP compared to what I might pay for other fragrances. It was $50.oo aussie dollars, and that's high.

I don't feel you have to be young to wear this, but if one is young at heart and likes these berry, leather, floral's, then you might like this too.

bjesrani@gmail.com
bjesrani@gmail.com

I used to love Parisienne. It was my go to fragrance for travel (because it was light, airy and not offensive - even in a plane) and for summer. This year the juice is different. It was immediately noticeable right out of the box. Instead of having a light violet tinge - the EDP was totally clear. When I started wearing it - I noticed the scent was much weaker upon initial application and was gone within an hour. How terribly disappointing. I had been wearing this scent for years and always receiving compliments - even from my doctor and dentist ! You know a scent is a winner when people who come in such close contact with you are charmed (: The EDP of previous years had a sparkling aldehydic opening with a hint of not too sweet berries. It evolved in the following hour to an ethereal, light rose that was steady in the dry down for another 3 - 4 hours. The scent would remain on my clothes for a full day, just enough to be fresh and not "yuck - you again !" Now there is no sparkling opening. Actually, there is almost no scent at all. I keep trying to find the old magic - doubling down on the amount of spray. Nothing. Half of the 3.4 oz. bottle is gone. Unhappily, I have to concede that it is not the Parisienne I knew and loved. I'm now on the hunt for the perfect summer scent to replace it. ):

Yudum
Yudum

Fragrance is clear. The lilac colour is only on the adverts i watched videos as well an they all say that it is clear mine has a tint of yellow. This reminds me of red jeans versace the rose note. I think the rose in this is very nauseas. It is an alright perfume some say it is beautiful i really do not know what they are thinking :) i like it but i would not say it is the best. It is good for spring but you cannot smell it in half an hour. Hope i helped anyone thinking of getting parisienne. If you like rose that smells not so rost then buy red jeans versace much cheaper xxx:)

callie91
callie91

I don't know if there is something wrong with the bottle I purchased but the fragrance liquid is completely clear and not a lavender colour as shown in other pictures..

Anyway, I thought I'd love this but I can just smell sweet, sugary rose water. It doesn't gel at all well on my skin and I find it rather sickly. It smells very synthetic.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

I'm not sure what's going on with my nose, but this has only felt like a synthetic sugar drink to me. I don't like putting a fragrance down, but I can't seem to stomach the plastic-y vibe this has. It's such a cute concept, and the bottle/juice are so very pretty -- I guess I'm not a berry-vinyl girl x:

SuadKhamis
SuadKhamis

I liked it but got bored of it and found it uninteresting!

Melyche
Melyche

Omg I'm in love. It's just so beautiful. Totally fits with my taste. To me, it's just a typical floral fruity but in an elegant way.
Anytime I smell it, I feel like I'm full of positive energies. Makes me smile. Makes me fascinate.
Nice combination of fruits and flowers.
Day time might be better to wear. However, it can be worn for a night-out if you don't like heavy and spicy stuff.
Fresh, romantic, elegant and charming. I think any woman should add that to their collection.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

Very classy floral scent with lot oF berry in it! I feel comfortable when I wear it. Somehow it has a hint of rocker power in it.. can I say that? xD
Memorable and sophisticated! maximum score for YSL! Age-range: 25-UP

JuliaQueen
JuliaQueen

Smells like YSL makeup :)

brettashley
brettashley

Parisienne, I just can't quit you. I bought this one summer day, sold on the idea that this would be this wonderful skinscent for me (it always clings close, the silage isn't great, but I like my perfumes like that, since I wear them for myself). I definitely get the red berries and a jammy rose, and some sweetness, definitely that hint of cosmetic bag lipstick. I'm sure I also got this because the bottle and color of the juice were so damn pretty, and the idea of being this hollow-eyed Kate Moss character lounging through the streets of Paris was irresistible (good job, marketing!).

But I'm not sure I really like it - or at least, I have to be in the mood for it. Maybe it's because I wore it when I broke up with my first serious boyfriend, and spraying it always reminds me of that specific 4 a.m. conversation, or maybe it's because I don't actually love the scent all that much (berries and jammy roses, it turns out, aren't really my thing - I like my florals more delicate, my candied sweetness more creamy and warm), but I don't really reach for Parisienne all that much. It's been almost 3 years, and my bottle is up near the top, but I still can't find it in me to give it away. Every now and then, I'll reach for it again and spray, and in small doses, I like it just fine. But maybe because, for me, Parisienne smells less like a glamorous city woman, and more like a young girl trying to figure out her life, it's not something I go to often. I still like to keep her around though.

florabella
florabella

I picked this up for $20 at Shoppers Drug Mart, a deal too good to pass up! I'm really glad I have it in my collection. When I first applied the fragrance I found it very tart, berryish- the cranberries and blackberries were showing themselves right away. As it warmed up on my skin the fragrance became sweeter with the roses and violets, a touch of the vinyl note appeared also, but very discreetly. As time went on the musk added a coziness to the fragrance, and thankfully it didn't go powdery on me at all. After wearing it all evening both of my daughters told me that my perfume was amazing! The next morning I can still catch whiffs of the lovely roses and berries, so the longevity is great on me!
In all, I'm really pleased with this fragrance. There is definitely similarities to Bulgari Rose Essentielle, which I own also. I find the BRE a bit more cool and reserved, perhaps more proper, Parisienne is more playful and extroverted. I love them both and will wear them with great pleasure!

Galya
Galya

A perfume with a plastic soul,sorry!

craftyminx
craftyminx

On me this was a sweet, powdery rose with a bit of violet and berry. When it first came out, I got a lot more of the vinyl note, but now I get just a softer, more powdery, less screechy version of Paris. I was a little disappointed not to get more vinyl this time around, but this is something I can see myself wearing regularly.

Plrowden
Plrowden

An exquisitely blended rose violet concoction anchored by the slightly vinyl and woody accords. This is by far the most delicious of the YSL Paris fragrances. It is soft, yet has a velvet gloved punch. It is ultra feminine without being cloyingly sweet or fruity. It is sensuous without being the least bit slutty. It is subtle but not constrained. It is refined without taking itself too seriously. It makes me feel sexy and feminine but also makes me feel free to giggle. It is perfect for my somewhat zany personality.

Sillage is moderate.
Longevity is, on me, about 4 hour

l3arl3ie
l3arl3ie

I first smelled this perfume in a magazine tester, and I LOVED it! Without knowing what the notes were, I could pick out the blackberry right away. I kept thinking about this, so I asked for it for Christmas a few years back, and honestly, I was not impressed. I was expecting to smell like the yummy blackberries from the tester, but unfortunately, it seems the vinyl stands out the most on my skin. It makes me smell like an old lady, I can't even tolerate it for a second. I am really upset about this considering the bottle is really pretty, and I thought it would be something I would wear a lot.. It would be a good perfume if it wasn't for the overly synthetic vinyl. Natural berries+ a man made material, do not mix.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I find the vinyl note VERY overpowering and nauseating. As a result, I find this one smells like new car and not in a good way :(

lushnight
lushnight

This is fruity floral at its best! Girly and pretty, but distinctive enough that it would be identifiable to someone familiar with it, unlike 99% of the fruity florals out there right now. Love the woody, musky drydown.

Edieeddy
Edieeddy

One of my favourite fragrances from Yves Saint Laurent. The other would be Elle. Love love love.

boutonstendres

Very sweet--strongly so. Intensely girly and flirty. I'd much rather wear it than any of the other popular sweet scents--Flowerbomb, Angel, Alien, &c. I haven't had it on my skin yet. Have to return to this one.

Alexandre
Alexandre

Imagine the younger sister of Paris, a self-confident girl funky, sensual, lustful and romantic ... Parisienne is to reach a new audience, a generation that does not appreciate powdery_ roses Paris, or the hardcore fans of Paris in search of an alternative ... Parisienne features a contemporary fragrance of roses well, embebecidas roses with fresh honey ... To further complement the fruity notes of blackberry and cranberries give balance. I can not identify the vinyl, but I recognize that there is something different, maybe that ... One word: Beautiful!

ummimtrish
ummimtrish

This is a gorgeous fragrance with very weak longevity. I sprayed it on my wrist and it was gone after about 4-5 hours. I wouldn't have a problem stocking up on bottles of this, but I'm a broke college girl at the moment and I can't afford to reapply :)

This was more floral than I thought it would be. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping for more violet. The rose is the most prominent; it's very watery and fresh while the blackberry adds the slightest touch of sweetness to keep the rose from giving me a sneeze attack. The scent reminds me of make up. It's beautiful, I just wish it lasted longer. Oh, and the bottle is cool too -- it looks like a crystal grenade, haha!

I thought I didn't care for rose fragrances, but this gives me a new perspective (I will have to test others). Hopefully, I will find one just like this but with better lasting power :)

I was hoping that it would be something very elegant and glamorous. Unfortunately I must say this is disappointing. The berries make it way too sweet. Rose notes are also very overpowering in this one.
The sweetness is not edible kind of sweetness more like weird synthetic kind.
So, at first it was even disgusting for me. When it dried down it started to smell much better but I couldn't wear something with top notes that annoy me. What a pity!

The sweetness is not edible kind of sweetness more like weird synthetic kind.

vlsh9
vlsh9

When I first got my hands on this perfume, I instantly fell in love, no kidding. I'm still in love with it and use it on a day out with my friends. I've received loads of compliments when wearing it! An extremely sweet yet fresh (is that the word for it?) smell and it's lasting power does not fail me too. Well done, YSL!

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

love this one smells pink kinda girly and classy at the same time
reminds me of baby doll from the same brand
defenitely a fav.
thumps up YSL

Erikafika
Erikafika

Don't like it, it smells too girly. On me Light Blue actually dries down to this one, which is the main reason i don't like Light blue. It's too feminine and in a meek kind of way, sorry everyone. At least with Parisienne you can tell by the bottle....

Smexi
Smexi

If I was to jump in a sea of roses, it would smell like this.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Fresh rose petals, realistic and dewy. Tart cranberries, candy violets, something smooth and cool that I'm reading as the vinyl. Later on, delicate peony. The berries are a little artificial but they don't dominate. Then it dries down to a lovely clean, rosy musk, with hints of sandalwood and a touch of vetiver. I get no patchouli, which I'm happy about. For me, this is about the roses, and I absolutely love it. There's nothing else in my fragrance wardrobe with this feel. Cool, easy, and purely feminine. Thanks Cousin for the Christmas gift!

miss_mary
miss_mary

I love this perfume a lot!!!!!

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

First of all, I love the hefty and pretty crystal cut bottle, the gold magnetic cap at the top completed the look.
The pinkish violet fragrance sent the message that this is going to be a sweet feminine fragrance.
In terms of packaging, there is nothing to pick on, nothing that says "i am cutting cost here"(i guess no fragrance company would actually do that but if the quality of the fragrance is compromised because of the budget for packaging, i say- give me a uglier bottle)
Scent-wise, the first whiff of Parisienne is so fruity (the cranberry maybe) and yes it smells of rose . The combination of fruits and roses does not put me off as its not too overwhelming as i thought it would be (most rose fragrances doesn't sit too well with me).
Parisienne reminded me of Lóccitane's Eau des 4 Reines, except that Parisienne is more fruity.
Lasting power- This is an EDP so i would except its lasting power to be fairly strong but it is closer to that of a EDT.
I would think Parisienne would suit someone in her early to near mid 20s, someone who is girly, very in touch with her feminine side but not entirely grown up yet.
It is pleasant enough for day wear but not there yet for a YSL fragrance (i have Cinema and Elle too).
Like it enough to wear it now, but not forever...
Now, please excuse me, while i go revive my days as a teen......

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

Light, floral, slightly oriental edge to it. The rose and floral is not overwhelming at all and the fruit and wood is also subtle, so the blend feels quite balanced.

Feminine with a slight powdery after a while - but in a good way.

Got this today having fancied trying it for a while. I was most interested in the violet edge to it being stronger than it is, so for me its not as exciting as I'd hoped. I wanted it to be a little like Guerlain Insolence, but it isn't. That might be a good thing for some of you.

I could agree with some of the leather comments too. I think this is a great all-rounder.

Sillage & Longevity is of a good moderate level.

joan100
joan100

This is much better smelling than the EDT version to say the least.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Powdery and smoky. I think it's a classy scent, but slightly bland on my skin. Much nicer than YSL Paris, though.

Pink_Ruffles
Pink_Ruffles

YSL Parisienne is a quality, modern day French rose fragrance. I find it to be very feminine, polite, and fashion-foward. Like most of my rose fragrances, I appreciate Parisienne more when worn in cooler weather.

A lot of rose-berry perfumes smell synthetic—Parisienne is the happy exception. The rose is quality. It is light and fresh like rosewater but with more longevity and presence. The lightly sweet berries accent the rose and are never cloying or syrupy. There is nothing overbearing in this scent.

The vinyl note is apparent much later in the dry down and adds a sophisticated element of modern French fashion.

sharmaae
sharmaae

I think it only right that my first review on here be of the perfume I fell in love to...

I bought a discounted bottle on e-bay at the beginning of this year and it was my signature scent for months. The sweetness of the berries compliment SO WELL the delicate, almost cloying (but not quite) layer of rose, which is one of my favourite notes; for me, it is narcotic and heavanly.

My skin has a weird pH which makes it turn a lot of perfumes sour, so I am very picky and awkward when it comes to perfume. For example the new Miss Dior Cherie on me - vile and stale after five/six hours. Parisienne just seemed to melt away with no sourness but just a light, fruity, slightly musky afterglow.

I think I love it so much because of the association with the times I had wearing it, and the people I loved spending time with whilst I wore it...

Away from romanticism and soppiness...basically it is the wood/rose notes that make this scent a sailer and balance what would end up being a heady sickly disaster without them (like Midnight Rose on me)

The downer on this perfume is that it has pretty low longevity. I searched for a similar scent because of this problem and some said that Midnight Rose by Lancome was very very similar so I tried it...not the same at all!! Similar opening but the dry down is completely different and that is the most important part of a perfume, no??

Anyway, the damask rose is a firm, nostalgic favourite. I won't, however be purchasing again soon, as I would like the musky-fruity-plastic-narcotic scent to stay in 2013 forever :)

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

Smells like hairspray. Hairspray and cheap makeup. Ick!

theberry33
theberry33

I love how Parisienne smells on my leather jacket,especially on rainy days! I feel like such a girl wearing this.I didn't like it at first,but I can safely say that it's a grower on me.
xx

houzi
houzi

I once bought a bottle of Parisienne as a gift for a girl in her twenties. It seemed pleasant enough and reasonably elegant - a sensible scent for a young woman.

Recently a mini of Parisienne happened to come my way and I decided to try it out on myself. To be true, I did not have high hopes for it as I rememeberd it to be a little too generic and, perhaps, too young. It turns out I was quite right.

I enjoy the opening of tart berries and roses, very cheerful and not too sweet. After a while something curious and faintly plasticky appears. To me it is reminiscent of plastic flowers and plastic fruit decorations my grandma used to keep displayed on the table in the guest room of her house over two decades ago. I was rather fascinated with those as a child:)

Parisienne is bright and cheery while avoiding to be juvenile, but not necessarily interesting. Even so, I will enjoy my mini while it lasts, most likely when I'm in the mood for something uncomplicated.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this could be an older sister of Tresor Midnight Rose by Lancome IMHO ;)

Scout
Scout

Good thing I didn't look at these notes before trying and buying, else the "vinyl" listed would have scared me off. Thankfully I don't note anything PVC/headache-inducing about this.

This is the fruity cousin to the other rose YSL Paris scents, which are all floral This adds a citrus dimension. I love the YSL rose for its staying power and depth, and it continues here. It's blended with a very ripe fruit, which is delicious. A lot of other fruits are not "ripe," but this one has spent a good amount of time on the vine.

Some fragrances add sugar to get the fruit to smell sweet. This takes a tart fruit and doesn't pull it from the vine until it has developed its own sugar. Not sure if that makes sense but if you've ever picked and canned your own jellies and jams you know what I mean.

Citrus and rose do very well on my skin, and this is a keeper. Though I have to say that I still prefer the YSL Paris line, as it stays uber -resh over the course of the day. This one may require frequent reapplication to stay bright.

nellychick31
nellychick31

Parisienne is another new found love of mine. I got a couple samples from Sephora and can't get enough. Initially I smell the berries, which are more tart than sweet. After a bit, the rose really comes out on my skin. What I love about Parisienne is that the rose scent is not overly powerful at all. This is such a feminine and sophisticated perfume. It's definitely next on my purchase list!!

RedIndianGirl
RedIndianGirl

I love this perfume, how it smells like a brisk, sunny afternoon made for shopping in elegant boutiques and then a stroll along a waterfront with your lover...but it just doesn't last on me. Which is a shame because I really like it. I may have to try layering it.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

And the 3rd and final perfume of the day =)

Now this one was a shocker... i really didn't think much of it before trying it today. But boooooy was i wrong!

It was such a blast of sweet fruity freshness... i know there is no melon in it but to me it kinda smelled like one of those summer fruit salads. Very happy yay kinda perfume =) But not fruity to the point that its a girly teen scent...the heavy base notes (sandalwood, musk and even the vetyver) manage to gap that distance between bubblegum pink Barbie smell and mature sophisticated fashionista =)

It's purely amazing... not to mention the fact that it has fantastic lasting power and a fairly good sillage to it. I wouldn't call it a room filler but u will definitely stand out in a crowd when wearing this.

I must be honest... today's test just catapulted it to the top of my soon to be purchased list =) ... now all i need is unlimited funds and we'll be on our way to pure bliss. LOL

Lali123
Lali123

I had a sample a while ago, and I used to like it a lot. Taking advantage of a bargain in recent times, I decided to purchase one.

Well...it's not that I don't like it, I do. But I remember more longevity (the lasting power is around 1-2 hrs not more for an EDP!!), and more presence of flowers instead of crisp and sharp, though fresh, notes.
Maybe is the high temperature that changes my perception or the scent itself. When I used the sample was really cold in winter, while now is pretty hot summer.
Eventually it isn't my favourite, it has not convinced me, albeit I wear it pretty often.

It's young, fresh, totally not overpowering scent, in a well designed bottle.

Hitherto, don't know if I made a good bargain or not, I'm gonna tell you if I change my opinion!

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

"why do I smell like plastic?"-- all day I kept thinking that until I looked it up here! LOL yes, YSL, I smelled like a gift with purchase makeup bag: rose+plastic+berries

krlamev
krlamev

Hmmm I could not spot the Rose at first, I felt it more fruity, I mean you can (without mistake) spot Rose on the Goutte de Rose or Rose Essentielle. I'd say fruity rather rose and violet :S but well I am not a fume expert XD

At the end... the veeeery end you can spot a bit of patchouli, nothing offensive just subtle and light, for me the right "dosage" (For me).

Turtledove

This would be good while wearing a leather jacket! Weird I know, maybe it's the dryness of the vetiver, but I just keep getting that impression. It really has a good balance between sweet, airy, delicate notes and the crisp darker woody notes, neither side really takes over.

In the bottle and on paper samples it has a cool rosy/fruity/watery sweetness, a bit like lychee, with just a hint of woods peeking through. It has a definite cool/melancholy kind of feel, it would be good match for a rainy day, it has a soft, romantic feeling too with the roses. My skin might play the wood notes up more than most, since everyone seems to be calling this sweet and fruity, but when I wear this it definitely has a bitter leathery edge beneath the more delicate notes. I actually enjoy this, but I wish I got more of the sweetness from it. The sweetness is a little more pronounced as it dries down though, and the rose warms up a little at the end, the sandalwood must be what really sticks around.

I can see this being good for someone who is shy and romantic, or someone who is a little more sophisticated and businesslike, it could really go either way.

andabri
andabri

When I first spray this I can distinguish the following notes:
-mellow, sweet red berry flesh
-an intense wood smell
-a touch of patchouli that smells a bit smoky
- a bit of a fake edge, almost plastic, which I guess is supposed to be vinyl

But within ten minutes the scents sort of meld together and fade, resulting in a light and airy, barely there scent on my skin. I like it but not enough to purchase a bottle.

piahellgren
piahellgren

I am absolutely floored by this one! I just wish it was STRONGER! I thought I had had it with fruity smells, but this one still falls into a different category. It is truly seductive, and underneath its easy-going, bright first spray, it gets a little cloudy, musky and edgy.Because it is BOTH berry-like and rosey it reminds me of summer days at my country house. The peony makes it flirty, the wood mellow. Oh, Parisienne, how I wish you were stronger! Oh, and the bottle is absolutely stunning.

hedikukk
hedikukk

I have to say Im surprised its said to be fruity, Id say it bit more powdery (or may be its just me)but fortunately after about 5 minutes the slightly sour berry starts to appear and "calms" the scent a bit. Overall it does smell(and IS)expensive and is probably best suited for fashionista types. After all Paris is a fashion city.

carmillajeddah
carmillajeddah

I smelled this on a coworker and HAD to ask her what was it. It's pretty enjoyable, as neither the floral nor the berries are overwhleming. It's moderately youthful but no childish, and has some subtle charm that made me like it, regardless I'm totally into edible gourmands.

Bornthisfashion
Bornthisfashion

Since I smelled the first time I fell in love! I'm a man and I must say that there are few women's fragrances so sexy! This scent is great!

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

This is a beautiful fragrance! I've been looking for something new lately, so after reading multiple reviews I knew I had to get this. It smells just like I expected. The berries are sweet and tart but are softened by the delicate rose. It's also kind of powdery, but not in an overwhelming or old kind of way. The vinyl note gives it sophisticated makeup counter kind of feel. This is absolutely perfect because it's very feminine and memorable. It's just so much better than all of those predictable candy fragrances that seem to run together after a while.

niveamj
niveamj

It has got one of the most offensive smells I have come across. Reminds me of cough syrups. Its unbearable to be around someone who is wearing this!

vood-oohlala
vood-oohlala

Parisienne; because This-is-What-a-Dominatrix-with-a-Latex/Rubber-Fetish-Smells-Of-Following-a-Spritz-of-Floral-Perfume is too long a title and Barbie-Factory isnt elegant.

It is an interesting scent due to the unusual acrid chemical note, i give it a spritz every now and then just to break down the notes and confuse myself... but she isn't in the least bit wearable for me.i like the scents of acetone and fresh rubber on their own..not mingling with flowers.

p.s...a sticker for the label? Try harder Yves Saint Laurent!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have been wearing this fragrance for over a week and am now prepared to review it. The main note is a lovely rose, but it is not an overpowering rose at all. The rose is light and balanced with the berries and other florals. What I like most about this fragrance is the light hand of Sophia Grojsman- the fruit does not overwhelm and it is not too overly sweet. The whole scent smells light and rather ethereal on my skin even though it has elements that one might think would make it too sweet or too heavy. It is not.

This is a beauty on my skin. The perfect marriage of fruit and roses with the violet noticeable and the peony as well. The woods balance but their notes are not individually identifiable without a serious effort to pick them out. The whole is far greater than each of the parts in this fragrance. It is delightful, uplifting, and really lovely to my nose. I enjoy it immensely and only wish the sillage and longevity were better. I find this much better than YSL Paris, which is much too heavy a rose scent for me.

loonad
loonad

i do not own this perfume but rather the perfumed body lotion and my review is based on the body lotion.this smells really good on application.it lasts for a long time.this is a sweet as well as a sensual perfume.in my humble opinion i would say that it could suit a young girl as well as a more mature lady just as well.i find the scent to be a daytime one.

In mood
In mood

Amazing sweet and fresh fragrance. It's good for spring and summer. I had a bottle of it and now I'm missing this perfume. It has style and elegance.

Aerides
Aerides

This fragrance has definitely grown on me, and has become one of my regulars. It starts out with a distinct berry scent, which on me smelt a bit like fruit pastilles which was a little strange, but soon after it really settles down into a powdery floral that stays close to the skin with a soft rose and peony combination.
Quite a youthful scent that suits the twentysomething market but could still be wearable beyond that. I like to think of it as a more grown up version of babydoll that would be lovely in springtime.

Save M
Save M

It's youthful yet classic. There's the rose and violet of the Ysl's previous big classic with a very delicious blueberry tartness.
A revolutionary idea of classic flowers!!

xabaras
xabaras

Parisienne is a very delicate fragrance. I can smell berries, rose and vanilla. I find it quite romantic and sweet. It is not overpowering and quite definite. It could be a good signature fragrance. It doesn't change much from what you can detect initially, it just tones down and fades away, so there are no big surprises in this scent. I completely miss the woodsyness I'm supposed to get in the drydown, to my nose it just seems to get more musky. I like it!

Rosa Pascual
Rosa Pascual

Dura muy poco.

lollatmm
lollatmm

i don't like this perfume...it just smells like an air freshner i used to have

barbie_18
barbie_18

I've never had the perfume but I had the lotion. This scent is for a mature woman. It is slightly powdery and smells a bit old. But its not a bad scent..this is my honest opinion and a true reflection of what the scent really is.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

Snagged this sample from Sephora (bless!) and have fallen in love with my second YSL.

I love my signature, Baby Doll, because it blends fruits with rose, because I can't pull of floral notes alone.

This reminds me of BD in that it also has fruits and rose, but instead of the grapefruit like citrus in BD, I get berries and marshmallow like vanilla from Parisienne.

This is flirty,soft and feminine, more of a candied rose petal than a garden fresh rose scent.

EDIT*** As much as I love this on paper, it tends to go too vinyl, and almost fish-like on me (YUCK!)..still smells great on the little tester, just doesn't work with me.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

It opens with a handful of fresh red berries. Then comes the powdery rose blended with vinyl. The vinyl can be easily detected on me, and it's an interesting twist. I totally get the plastic makeup bag comparison. The red berries are still detectable, and add a hint of tartness to refresh the rose. However, I can barely smell the woody base. And the fragrance doesn't evolve much after then. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 8h on me.

Parisienne is chic and casual, an effortless elegance. However, I doubt if the vinyl note smells good to everyone. I suggest testing prior to blind buy.

fiouu
fiouu

This is an amazing gift from baby jesus sent from heaven. Initial spray is clean clothes, very fresh with the vinyl accord, amazing, different, original. The berries and rose linger for hours, and when the berries fade the most pretty fresh and rosy scent stays close to your skin. So delicate and classy! It's a fresher and younger Paris (yes I know, both from Grojsman but PLEASE! there is a difference). I'm completely in love with this frag, I remember when I first tried it out I first sampled Lancome's Midnight Rose, which the scent of Parisienne's rose overpowered amazingly. Even my ex bf loved it, sour memories, but definitely one of my favourites.

misslovely
misslovely

I looooove it! I feel very girly and pretty when wearing this. For some reason I love perfumes that have rose and berries. Great for spring but can be worn all year round. Once I finished my bottle, it will be immediately replaced.

liiva
liiva

Sensual, soft and sweet rose. For roses lovers.

Na0
Na0

Another one fruity-floral adorable "young" scents...
I should be tired with them. That's not original at all ! (Insolence, La Petite Robe Noire, Flowerbomb, Lady Million... etc etc)

But, here's the thing. I'm NOT tired ! I'm a boy, and each time I smell this type of perfume on girls I rub, it works ALL THE TIME. I could scent these lovely fragrances, over, and over, and over, I'm always olfactory in love with ladies wearing these things. Why ?

Smell : 3 / 5
Versatility : 2 / 5
Longevity : 5 / 5
Projection : 4 / 5

Overall : 14 / 20

MissB
MissB

This fragrance smells of romance to me. Wore it when I was proposed to, and on my wedding day. Love, love, love it!

megenz
megenz

Parisienne is pretty, playful, sweet and berry rosy (ha, get it?). She’s romantic, feminine and youthful but not immature. Definitely not immature.

One of those scents that you spray on and can stand to take in straight away without having to wait for any settling.

Longevity is little disappointing but really is lovely for the first three hours, which is probably a good thing because I can’t resist sneaking little sniffs while she’s still around.

tejal
tejal

Forms an invisible bubble of roses around me and I can smell it when I don't try at all. I have never been to Paris..but this is how Paris smells in my head:) I like to wear it up to early evening.

Jama4
Jama4

Candy in a bottle!!!

This is a unique perfume its sweet but in a sophisticated way.. Its worth a try for berry and rose lovers and does not smell cheap.The vinly note is interesting. The rose is short-lived (lasts about 4 hours). The patchouli is mild almost non-existent. The berries are yumy; they are the most prominent note.

My skin type: oily / youthful
Office safe: Yes if applied lightly
Potency: Medium (2 - 4 sprays )
Projection: arm's length
Longetivity: 10 hrs+
Timing: Spring and Summer / Evenings
Packaging: 8/10; bottle is well made; the glass is cut at several angles to resemble a crystal. The lid is sturdy and well made. The only complaint I have is that the perfume was not well protected from bouncing around in the box.
Price: $30 for 50ml / 1.7 oz at Winners / TJMaxx

Will I Repurchase: Undecided

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

arxsyn
arxsyn

Quick impression today in store: a very fruity aquatic opening. It's an incredible melange of lychee, berries, possibly watermelon.The lychee compliments an anemic rose. There is a trace of a flower even weaker than the rose, is it violet? The berries dominate with a background of something strangely synthetic, kinda waxy yet transparent. I find that too off putting. Not for me.

Celebrity:Zooey desChanel; a very fluid quirky romantic who probably enjoys vinyl records and shopping vintage clothing

Blomky
Blomky

I adore the scent of this perfume and got a bottle immediately after testing it at the counter. But it was a major disappoint me for me as the fragrance cannot last on me. I cannot smell it after the initial 15mins. Such a shame as I really like this fragrance! So floral and so pretty!

musi1701
musi1701

Sehr schönes Parfüm! Zuerst etwas Venyl,aber dann legt sich dass und riecht nur super! Gute Langlebigkeit, mag ich sehr.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

It's really quite a shame that YSL decided to replace this gem with yet another generic vanilla. Parisienne is absolutely beautiful! Soft violets, roses, and mild berries combine with just a hint of musk and plastic to create this lovely lady. This was a blind buy and well worth it!

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

Just tried this (my sister has a sample of it). It is sweet. Flowers and berries. But more mature than most floral/fruity scents. I like it.
Still hunting for my 'signature'. This is not it... but I think I would own this, and wear it.

It is not sugary sweet, like many fruity scents. It has more of a 'natural', crushed berries scent, under the flowers. Sweet, like berries are naturally, without added 'sugar' notes. Pretty!

10 minutes have passed, just smelled myself again before submitting the review. I now smell the vinyl. It gives it that more 'mature' scent that most fruity/floral scents lack, without smelling like plastic or chemical.

Aysu
Aysu

powdery roses and dusty violets, this is bright, non-gothic sister of John Galliano edp..

RedLady
RedLady

Opens sharply to very sweet, sticky, jammy berries.
This sweet sharpness carries on for a while before it settles and a very mild rose emerges - the berries still dominate it however, its a fruity scent for sure.
I don't know why people are calling it "sexy", I think its way too playful, sweet and girly to be considered "sexy". Its fun and adorable.
Berry and fruity fans should hit this up. Its not a masterpiece, it isnt outstanding, but I think its definitely worth investigating.

raw umber
raw umber

...off the beaten berry path, across the train tracks and over to the electrical plant. Scandalous! Don't get caught. See the huge sign on the barbed-wire fence that reads NO TRESPASSING? That means YOU, girly.

Parisienne is blackberry candy on the inhale, truck exhaust on the exhale...tangy purple gourmet lollipop on the inhale, asphalt and plastic casing on the exhale...

Wait, am I HUFFING this fragrance in an attempt to figure out what it smells like!? Does that mean I like it, or that something about it is oddly compelling, likes and dislikes aside...

There is a soapy dark chemical shadow in the background of this bright purple sweet and sour candy berry fragrance.

It's like Strawberry Shortcake's questionable older cousin: Blackberry Tail Pipe.

I think there is something surprisingly alluring about Parisienne. It has that synthetic purple berry "freshness" that actually goes well with the surrounding sooty chemicals and powder.

This projects a good distance, especially in warmer weather, so it's probably best for outdoor activities and days when you will be doing a lot of traveling instead of sitting in one place for hours on end. Not something you want to stew in. Better to get wafts of it as you go about your day. It lasts straight through the day and into the evening.

When the berries eventually fade, cold florals take their place as the powder and shadowy industrial notes continue on.

Blackberry Candy *Plus*.

moni139
moni139

I have only one thing to say about this Perfume:
It drives men crazy!!Hahahh
If you want to cause a good effect on them use it!
I used it several times at parties and they aaaalways love,compliment it!!Its certain! ;)

Minksu
Minksu

Same here - I'm usually very picky and taking a long time to think and try if I like a perfume or not. I fell in love with Parisienne right away! Very long lasting. When I sprayed it on me in the evening, I can smell the perfume on my wrist even 10 hours later and this makes my wake ups in the mornings very loveable.

maraika
maraika

I usually need a few days of wearing a new scent, in order to fully appreciate it and have a sure opinion whether i love it or just like it. With Parisienne, i needed only about 30 minutes to say - I Love It!!!
First spray really made me wonder, if i was wrong buying a 50 ml bottle, because i could initially feel the lacquer and the vinyl and the make up bag aroma, just as the description says. But some minutes after - there go the violets and the fruits, perfused with just the right amount of powder to make it chic and tasty, but still young and cheerful. So a little later, i was constantly sniffing the delicious scent from my wrist and is still there - 8 hours already. Maybe it's my chemistry, but usually most of the perfumes are really long lasting on me.
Anyway, about the scent - it's what i'm looking for in a fragrance - very well balanced, all the notes mingle perfectly together, not overpowering. The result is delicately sweet aroma, soft and mild, but not boring or bland. And i want to breathe in it! Parisienne is romantic and sensual. It can be called sexy, but "i'm happy, in love, feeling great and confident" kind of sexy.

larasatyp
larasatyp

one of my holy grail. hands down, this is just so so so freaking good! romantic, feminine, sexy scent. will always love this perfume. very well done, YSL!

hazelnut
hazelnut

Wonderful combination of sandalwood and roses. I just wish this was available in Dillards and Macys of beaumont TX . They said it wasnt a big seller...Dont know why. Maybe wasnt promoted enough. I know that it it is a wonderful scent and I gotmlots of complements from men and women!

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

I was a little concerned about the notes of vinyl in this perfume, but I don't notice it that much in the perfume. This scent is a little too fruity for me, not enough floral or the woody notes for my liking. IT would be a great perfume for casual everyday use if you like fruitier scents. It does fade a little fast. Overall, not one I would buy.

dshen
dshen

Think of lychee and thats what it smell like. Its a nice fragrance to use on a sunny day. Doesnt last all day but i dont mind carrying this in my handbag because the bottle is so gorgeous!

sawitty
sawitty

Just have the first one, fruity and vinyl, disappointed for me.

jdolani
jdolani

I am wearing this today for the first time.I can't say I love it,but it's okay.I will say the dry down is certainly an improvement over what it smelled like initially.I got a sample,I don't believe I'll buy a full size.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

If not for the hideously repulsive plastic/vinyl accord I would love this. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Olia_Aroma
Olia_Aroma

It was in 2010, I remember myself wandering around a perfume shop, unsure what to buy. It seemed like nothing was exactly what I wanted. And when I tried this one - oh my! That was LOVE, love at first sniff!
Very classy, elegant, sensual. Among rose and berries I smell much of vinyl, which adds to the uniqueness of this fragrance. This vinyl note doesn't let it be simply romantic, but makes it really sophisticated. Bravo, YSL!

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

LOVELY,

celebrity89
celebrity89

Yuck! Toxic and harsh on the throat. A copy of Yves Rocher Vie Privee.
To make matters worse, Tresor Midnight Rose is the same thing.

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

One of my favourite perfumes of all time. Someone actually stole this from me and within a month I bought another bottle. Romantic and delicious.

wind83
wind83

Okay i wear it today. i've only smell cranberry and rose.. and so sad it just for 3-4 hours in my skin.

i gave it 6.5/ 10

isabellerose
isabellerose

Thanks to everyone who replied my question about the colour :* It does have a little bit of lilac-pinkish hue but it's *very* faint. Wish it were a bit more intense, like in the ad but I can live with it since the perfume is so amazing. And everything else about it! :)
Speaking of which, I think the other video ad with Marine Vacth captures this perfume much better than the first one with Kate Moss - only because the latter would have you believe Parisienne is loud and in intense like some oriental perfumes and it's not. Photo ads on the other hand are both perfect.

On to the scent itself:
I'm so glad I'm one of the girls this perfume is longlasting on. Surpsingly so even! I first tested it on a paper strip and it smelled incredible and it stayed very intense for almost a week! I couldn't believe it! I often picked it up during those days and inhaled deeply but it didn't fade so I was wondering how it could be so weak on the skin as I read in a few reviews.

It openes with those vinyl flowery notes most of you detect. To me, it's not unpleasant. In fact it's kind of intersting in a positive way. Perhaps cos I'm a professional makeup artist ^^ Anyway, that first wave doesn;t last long. It suddenly calms down and becomes warmer and you cam smell the sweet red fruits. Then the flowers take the stage with the dominant rose. Somewhere around that time it feels like it's already done and gone from the skin. But if you're lucky like me, it will reappear. I love it most half way in when the flowers are lightly embraced by the base notes. At times, I can't smell it and fear it has already worn off but at the slightest movement I am surprised by a delightful wiff of it. It's like it's teasing you! This hide-and-seek play is very seductive!
You won't leave a trail the way the way you would with some loud (strong?") perfume. It stays pretty close to the skin but those who come near you, *will come back for another sniff ;) I certainly can't get enough of it. I'm completely in love with Parisienne EDP!

miserysbutterfly
miserysbutterfly

Very sweet, very girly, very romantic. Love the rose, although the berry isn't as intense as it is in A L`Extreme it balances out the other notes quite nicely and isn't completely lost. I originally obtained a paper sample from a magazine and would smell it any time I was stressed as it would instantly calm me down (even put me to sleep) before I finally purchased a mini bottle. I was not initially convinced the full sized bottle was worth purchasing until a week or so after the mini bottle was done I began to miss the scent! When I finally did buy the large bottle, I was in love! I have since adopted A L`Extreme as my signature scent, but it was the original Parisienne that turned me onto fragrances by YSL.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

This is one of those perfumes that changes drastically when you wear it. The bright floral you smell in the bottle suddently melds into something darker and exotic that you can't place. Try this one on before buying, see what it does for you first. I was quite pleased with how it changed myself.

Angeldelight900

I smelt it again today, it so much more prettier than i thought, even though it was the lighter one, the staying power is pretty great, i think i might repurchase this one closer to summer

elenamldv
elenamldv

What is so great about this perfume? too overpowering and even spicy.

Angeldelight900

This is so pretty, the rose mixed with the berrys, its sweet yet zingy, if you love rose and fruit you would love this, its so pretty

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Tried this today and it smells so romantic and delicious. I'd get it for myself but my best friend already wears it.

Lovely, beautiful scent. :)

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

This smells like a cosmetics bag. like makeup and perfume. it smells like such a girl.

suhaesa
suhaesa

its a strange composition its a bit off imo.. or synthetic ..or maybe its the amount of the berries layered with that modern vinyl accord ..for me i connotate vinyl with synthetic feel to any perfume...the red berries and strawberries layered with damask rose layered on or surrounded by faint sandalwood and vetiver vibrations try to accomplish a sensual yet modern unexpected medley of accords ..something about it lightly reminds me of the old perfume from ysl called champagne and i think the name was changed to ysl yeverse it has that strange note..of something called " doum " from the suds in Africa! its a hard core brown stone like pear size fruit that has a smell the exactly resembles the old champagne and a bit of this paresian..

its a soft simple light hearted perfume ..n complexity in any way or any depth of dimensions maybe only the damask rose is all that s giving it depth other than that ..its an extremely light floral with red berries that develops ever so faintly in to something or in to nothing i can hardly smell it an hour latter on my skin

perfume ratting 3.3 out 5
bottle ratting 4.3 out of 5

peonyrose
peonyrose

I'm really surprised to see people describing this as fruity - I get roses and baby powder, sandalwood and musk. I adore it. Downside is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to.

sayrmaillah@yahoo.com
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

This perfume is suitable for the sophisticated ladies out there. Good thing is that it's not too powdery. I love it....

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Parisienne is roses and powder and not much else. With the addition of the fruity notes, it reminds me of Guerlain's My Insolence in a way, however it's not nearly as feminine, soft, or charming. I think the citrusy notes involved take it over the edge. Drydown isn't so bad, but overall, I'm not a fan.

muddywater
muddywater

I got this perfum from wife of my customer, she is a Russian beauty, a very charming lady. She gave me this perfum as gift.

As she said this perfum is feminine, but still it is too powdery for me. I prefer to woody scent.

It lasts long, but I donot like its dry down, old fashioned. Nothing special.

phia143
phia143

mmmm this perfume smells clean and fresh. The 1st sent to hit my nose was fruity. A cross between a light peach mixed w/a cantaloupe. I was surprised to see its actually cranberry and black berries that I am smelling. The second scent is a hint of rose and violet.
Over all this is a light perfume not overwhelming and smells heavenly. Like a beautiful garden.

lulu7898
lulu7898

I don't know why this is listed under "floral, woody, musk" (this is why I tried it), it is pure fruit. I don't get any woody, musk and a little rose. Reminds me of grapes and plastic. Not bad if you like that but not my thing. OK sillage and lasted about 4 hours on my wrist.

reynoso16
reynoso16

I liked this perfume but something about it felt too mature for me,gave it to my mom.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

The bottle is about to finish :( I really liked that perfume, suits day and night.....a casual scent in my opinion and it's suitable for all seasons, less of a winter scent though and more spring/summer.

Once you spray it you smell roses and the berries, not in a sweet way at all, kinda fruity but not THAT fruity that they place it on the top, i think floral should be first. Then as it settles in you can smell sandalwood which is just lovely with the roses. Patchouli is amazing i could smell it cause i have lots of perfumes with that note that i could finally identify it kinda woody. And of course after a while you get that sweet musky scent.

The user below said that it gave her a headache, i've a friend who said the same thing i swear! Of course this depends on the person so it's not a general thing.

I recommend it for any lady who wants a casual, pretty and elegant scent, it really suits anytime. I'm sure that age won't matter with this scent. I imagine 40+ pulling it off and smell elegant and confidant.

cmoca

I gave this one away for free after trying to push myself to wear it. Too much. Too strong and intoxicating. Head aches galore. I think that perhaps I may not be a big fan of fruits and citruses? I don't know, but I know this was not worth it at all - it smelled amazing on the tester paper though! Too bad..

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

This is such a sumptuous and luscious scent. I have only ever worn it from trying it on in shops and whenever I have done this I have recieved compliments! It's just the right level of powdery and it's one of those rare scents that can be worn either during the day or at night but, in my opinion the perfect time to wear it is at dusk.

Berlynn
Berlynn

I am basing this review off of a scent card from a fashion mag. I love rosy scents and this one is probably one of the nicer ones I've smelled. I'm also a sucker for peony which was a noticable note in this one. Oddly the blending of the berries and the florals at first smell like Dr. Pepper on my skin, but not in a sugary sweet way.

feleeni
feleeni

There was a time in my life when I forced myself to like YSL Paris. The smell that evokes 'pink plush and mortar'...it definitely rang 'sophistication' to me, but eventually I realized- I don't like it and I cannot find a similarity between the great city and the fragrance (my problem with many YSL perfumes).
Parisienne at first seems far enough from it's mother Paris...but the drydown brings you right back to that 80's shoulderpad Dynasty tackyness. It's a shame that my significan other is a big fan.

lmxxz
lmxxz

I really dislike this. I think it smells harsh and gives me terrible headaches.

milapequeno
milapequeno

This perfume can be very different depending who smell . If you are very young and use a lot of sweet perfumes you think this is a adult france because of the spicy. but if you are an adult you will think this a sweet perfume but a very nice one.

Great.

Corazon.Marino
Corazon.Marino

i was reading my monthly Harper's when i saw Yves Saint Laurent and Kate moss so i gave it a try, i got high right at that moment, it was one of the most delicious aromas i've ever smelled, i travelled roun' the world visiting glamorous and beautiful places with this thing, i got crazy about it, so i decided to go Macy's and buy it.
and there it was, there was even a tester so i smelled the tester and i was like... WTH is this?
it is sooooo different i almost cry, for such dissapointment too bad

nancy920
nancy920

This one would be right up my alley because I love fruity florals. I think this fragrance smells more sweet and powdery, and I tend to like a more crisp floral. Beautiful though, and many women could wear this.

chr23
chr23

I absolutely love this perfume. I bought it yesterday and I already got many compliments on the way it smells and how soft and romantic it is. I also got compliments from women that aren't the "fruity rose" person. The sweetness is there but it's not overwhelming.
It does smell a bit different on paper, the berries are stronger than the flowers, but on skin the scent is more natural and floral. It develops wonderfully and in my opinion it smells better when the top notes start fading. The hot weather and humidity don't really highlight the perfume and it does not stay as long as I would want for an edp but it may perform better in winter.
Parisienne gives one the feeling of love, romance, seduction although you can't say it's sexy in the most common way. It's classic and modern at the same time and as it develops, after 2-3 hours, it tends to be more melancholic which is well suited to the overall impression.

Musselille
Musselille

For about a year ago, I got a sample of this and did'nt like it. It was too heavy and gave me headache. And it was really nothing special!

Now I've tried it again, and realize that my taste can chance very quickly! I do'nt love it, but I like it very much!

I smell roses, musk and powder. A perfume you can wear day and night.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I'm not a big fan of this scent at all. I don't see how this smells like tresor midnight rose at all. Midnight Rose smelled more fruity while this smells more flowery. I much prefer the midnight rose to this.

SRose
SRose

Didn't like this to begin with - couldn't smell it at all. However got several compliments when wearing it and having had it just sat on my dressing table for a few weeks I decided to give it another go. This time I could smell it = perhaps because the weather is warmer?

cmoca

Smelled amazing on the sample paper.. Not so much sprayed on skin - nor clothes. Alcoholy and head ache-y. Not nice at all.

babylima
babylima

i dont like it, at first its ok, but its drydown is very ordinary and bad.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a nice rosy scent, mixed with predominantly violet. Feels more sophisticated than I was expecting, but then I don't get any of the berry notes on my skin, which I was actually hoping for. This is versatile, good for day or evening and I think could be fine year round. Staying power is not very good, maybe three hours. I didn't like this half as much as I was expecting to. The bottle is very pretty though, it belies the juice inside.

Ellie_Love
Ellie_Love

Oh this is WONDERFUL. My signature scent is Jeanne Lanvin... Delicate, sweet, sophisticated. This is what I would call my signature "night" perfume. Bold, sexy, yet romantic. The rose is the strongest note on me, and maybe it's the vinyl and laquer that make it smell so bold and sexy. Strong yet not overpowering, it's definitely my favorite for a night out.

5354alice
5354alice

I had it and i loved. For me, it's a fresh and romantic rose scent, the kind of scent that make you feel at the same time clean and sexy...I miss this fragrance and I'm looking to buy it again.

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

It´s a good, feminine, flowery perfume, smell like rose, but in a sexy way. I like everytime i wear i remeber the promo and i feel like Kate Moss walking sexy in Paris.It´s a romantic perfume. I´ll definitly buy it again.

firsttime
firsttime

I like it, it's so pretty romance and feminine but the production is nothing special, it may because nothing original (Saharienne is the same) I'm a fan of YSL and I want something original like In Love Again or less of Paris...

lauraexplorer6
lauraexplorer6

I love this perfume. I adore the combination of sweet and spicy.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Fruity rose.
Nothing more.

The most generic fragrance i've smelled in a while.

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

I love it , it`s the right amount of sweetness to make it a grown up fragrance. It`s a skin scent, little sillage, but i like it so much despite that.
Too bad the longevity is so poor.

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

I find it quite similar to delices by cartier and midnight rose by lancome.

xocoatl
xocoatl

I've worn this four times now in a few weeks time. Everytime I've had a different experience. First time: Lovely violets, had to buy the perfume. Second time: cloying head-ache inducing smell of much too saccarine sweet roses, quite disappointed. Third time: The "vinyl and laquer" that is mentioned in the descripton was really coming through. Fourth time: A lot of yummy red berries.

Overall, I like it. I get the description of romantic and urban, I think it suits the scent well.

I just wish I could get more of the violets in it, that's why wanted it in the first place.

Edited to add:
Longevity is great on my skin. I can still smell it after a day at work.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I like it. It's a very modern, fruity rose. I usually don't like rose-based fragrances, but here, surrounded by the lush fruity berries, I like the rose a lot.
PARISIENNE opens with a blast of berries that is quickly softend by very powdery roses and slightly green violets. I seem to be one of the few people that really enjoy powdery scents. The powder here is done really well, representing the scent of a make-up bag perfectly.
In the drydown there's more velvety rose, still surrounded by berries. I can smell a slight plasticy vinyl accord, but maybe that's just because I'm looking for it.
The fragrance gets deeper and more sensual when the sandelwood and vetyver present themself.
Sillage isn't great, and neither is longevity on my skin, but it is very nice while it's there.

PARISIENNE is a very vibrant fragrance, resonating with the sound of a cosmopolitan city. I would associate this more with bustling New York than with romantice Paris.
That being said, I wouldn't buy a bottle. This is a fragrance for a specific kind of girl (at least in my opinion, though ofcourse I won't regard you in a strange way if you wear this and do not fit the description :p). This girl allways wears make-up when she leaves the house, allways wears high heels and only wears the latest fashion trends. She is young, classy and very vain.
I think it fits the biggest part of the younger girls perfectly.
But for me, it's just too... common, I guess.

tubita
tubita

I had bought Parisienne on Xmas sale for mom but today i just wanted to test again before i bring it to her. I realized that this is not a 50 years old lady perfume at all! So i decided to keep this for myself and buy her Cerruti 1881 which is one of my favourite. Parisienne is a very fruity and nice scent. Can be wore anytime of the year. I like it but not love it. Still i am happy to welcome it in my collection:)

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

I'm shocked by the negative reviews on this one! One of my close friends used to wear it and I always thought she smelled gorgeous, fresh and sophisticated! I don't own a bottle myself though and we all have different skin chemistry so it might not work out for me.

distruction
distruction

Parisienne it's powdery, full of berries and the overall smells like washing powder. I like the violet which is more noticeable here,than in Paris where rose is dominant.

Pierina

I wrote a rather scathing review on this fragrance based on a colleague wearing it and it offending my honker.
Yesterday I decided to give it a test on my skin (mainly because of the copius comparisons to midnight rose which I adore)
Well its actually very nice, pretty and fresh! not the sour fruits I constantly detected on my colleague.
Obviously a chemistry thing. (we deffinately lack chemistry, her and I not the frag and I.. tee hee :)

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

Penso che Parisienne non sia proprio il degno erede del mitico Paris, avrebbero dovuto chiamarlo con un altro nome, è una fragranza giovanile e carina ma poco originale.

frusia
frusia

Not my scent at all - sour fruit, sharp patchouli and sandalwood sting my nostrils. There is a rose in this perfume, but this rose is egocentric and cold like Kate Moss in the advert. Yet definitely well done perfume.

mquintanilla
mquintanilla

This perfume is beautyful, I just bought it today.... I tried it several times in the store before to decide to buy it. I like it a lot... is soft, sweet, girly, and very discrete.... Is good for every day use.....
The silage is regular... you need to reaply it, but i like it anyway!!!!
In my skin i smell the roses, berrys, violets, and dusty in the base notes.....
I suggets always try the fragance in your sking before you buy it....
I notice too that your state of mind can modified the way you perceive the fragance....

pippab
pippab

How gorgeous are those violets?! Being heavily into orientals, I was surprised that I liked this one. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. Sillage is pretty good and so is the lasting power. It's three hours since I sprayed it in the store and it's still going strong . I can imagine wearing it on a hot summer's day. I like it - I like it a lot!

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

It could have been my signature scent...Beautiful violettes and roses, the specialty of YSL. I love it but will not repurchase it since it is too weak for a high end fragrance. It is weak even at the moment of applying. Nobody can smell it on me, despite of the non stop spraying. Another perfume from the line "No smell-No tell"

Jellybean
Jellybean

Sweet juicy powdery floral.
Violets and peony are wrapped with roses as the most pronounced florals.
I find berries quite strong and dominating here. Musk is the next component mainly noted half a way thru.
There's something very familiar here during drydown, it smells like JLo's LA Glow. I actually find this one slightly sweeter and rosier than LA Glow.
Moderate longevity 4-5 hours.

lilinah
lilinah

This is not an astoundingly original scent. All the major houses have jumped onto the fruity gourmand bandwagon, aiming at a younger market. And i am just not a fruity gourmand kinda guy. Still there was something about this one that haunted me... so i finally gave in and bought a bottle when a favorite shop was having a sale.

I think that Parisienne manages to be fruity without going overboard into candy territory. The berry scent is clearly there, but balanced by the rose and the woody base notes. It is a youthful scent, girly, optimistic, perhaps even a bit romantic in the sense of looking at the world through rose (and berry) colored glasses, with a hint of potential - but not yet realized - sophistication. It's light and sweet, with an underlying richness.

In my old neighborhood there is a rose bush i adore. The lilac-colored blossoms have a wonderful fragrance that blended rose and raspberry with apricot and permeated the air for a block on either side. I keep looking for a perfume that smells like it. I suspect that one reason i ended up buying this is that it is 2/3 of that fabulous scent.

I think Parisienne is good for spring and summer... and in winter when the cold and grey has just dragged on too long.

fairyblue
fairyblue

I have the small testing bottle for this and somehow, the first thing I smelt was lychee. And that is, a very strong lychee smell. Somehow, until now that I realized it was actually a mixture of rose and cranberry that I smelt, I always thought it was lychee.

tania.webb
tania.webb

we must understand that we all have different skin tones so the same perfume will smell different on each person therefore you need to find a fragrance whose notes are best suited for you :) For me I find this fragrance very sweet, soft, subtle and yet sexy and alluring at the same time. I wear this when I go out at night because the hints of musk blended with sandalwood, rose and violets are prominent on my skin and is just the perfect blend of notes for me. It is very chic and I always receive compliments.

artsyrn
artsyrn

Ultra feminine beauty. I get sweet berries and roses. Great silage. She is a bright, happy character,all smiles and fun,wearing sexy lingerie.

Kaala687
Kaala687

I just tested this perfume today, after reading the reviews. I love cranberry and have been searching for a perfume that has it. I also like roses, so this having both was a dream come true for me.

I'm not going to say I love it because I don't. I do like it though. I wouldn't have guessed it smells like cranberry had I not read the reviews, but since I did and I was looking for it, I can see it smelling like cranberry. And that was after putting cranberry lotion on first lol. The rose I can smell easily though. And I like roses, so I was very happy with it. It smells very floral on me with some fruits in it. Not sweet at all, but still fruity. It smells mature and sophisticated, but still very suitable for someone my age (I'm 24).

The smell is somewhat weak on me. It strikes me as good for the spring, summer, and fall but not really for winter.

I don't love this perfume but I hope I eventually will. It is beautiful and I love fruity florals. This is a very pretty perfume and after I browse more scents, I may buy this one.

natalieisme
natalieisme

The smell is a bright floral. Great smell yet generic. similar to drugstore scents

hannie5
hannie5

I first tried this on via the magazine swatch and loved it. I have the small EDP but cannot wait to purchase a larger bottle. I smell sweet roses whenever I wear this!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne is a sparking fruity floral! Fresh rose, crisp raspberry, and cool cranberry vodka with a hint of violet to a dry down of musk and sandalwood. Lovely fragrance!

heathbye
heathbye

When I first tried the perfume I was unsure but after the perfume settled onto my skin it was a pleasant scent. It is a very sweet perfume, it reminds me of Parma Violet sweets I use to enjoy when I was a child. A violet smell and slightly powdery and sweet.

I would say this perfume would suit vintage lovers. I always wore this perfume when wearing a vintage or classic perfume. It became my perfume of choice for the evening when I went out. The scent lasted for hours on end too.

Overall I would say the unusual scent would either result in a love or hate reaction so I would definitely recommend trying it before purchasing.

alana.volskaya
alana.volskaya

definitely a complex fragrance - the blackberries are enchanting. definitely rose and blackberries, and if you like both, then you'll like this fragrance.

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

I smelled this in a magazine and rolled in it, like a dog. For days. Was going to buy it online, but read that it contains patchouli. Filthy, filthy patchouli, which I detest. Now, I can't bring myself to buy it.

Morgane08
Morgane08

I bought this one on my way back to Chicago. I was attracted by the vintage bottle and the name (I'm from Paris and felt nostalgic.)
I was expecting something heavy but it is actually fresh. It's perfect for people who love rose as much as I do. To me Parisienne is appropriate for any season. The intense berry smell tends to wear out, which is a plus for me.
It's very romantic as others wrote>

mystica
mystica

A fruity rose fragrance which I didn't find impressive. It's heavy on the berries part and quite sweet. It smells like many generic celebrity fragrances (such as Britney Spears Fantasy range). I think Parissiene is rather aimed at a younger audience. I'm not old, though particularly nowadays I'm sick of smelling all the same fragrances. Fruity sweet floral, fruit salad, candy bars... Enough really. Thank you.

arimegahot
arimegahot

review EN ESPAÑOL !!
No tengo el perfume, solo tengo 3 muestras gratis de Parisienne que me regalaron en SEARS, en la compra de otro perfume, como soy una chava muy femenina, me encantó, no soy fan de las rosas, pero este olor a rosas es tan delicado y hermoso, aparte de los frutos rojos y moras, realzan el perfume de una manera maravillosa, es muy sensual y bello para cualquier tipo de mujer.
Ayer lo probé salí en la noche con algunos amigos y sintieron el perfume, tiene buen fijador , todavia se siente en mi ropa y por supuesto todas mis amigas querian saber que perfume era, lo recomiendo mucho creo que si lo compraría mas adelante.

Review in English!
I don't have perfume, I have only 3 free samples they gave me in SEARS, as I am a girly girl, I loved, I'm not a fan of roses, but roses smell is so sensitive and beautiful, apart from the red fruits and berries, enhance the perfume in a wonderful way, it is very sensual and beautiful for any woman.
Yesterday I tried came out at night with some friends and felt the perfume, it has good sillage, I still fell it on my clothes and of course all my girlfriends wanted to know that perfume was, I highly recommend it! I think I will buy it later.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Heavenly womanly scent, I love it. This fragrance is mysterious,fruity and light.Great for all ages.My favorite fragrance,the rose overtones are lovely:)

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

This fragrance reminds me of something old, but in a beautifully nostalgic way. The faceted vintage bottle like the ones adorning my grandmother's on a fine carved wood vanity. Something old like her vinyl makeup case filled with floral powders. On the contrary there's also something very fresh about this concoction as its shaken with a juicy cocktail of tart berries, and crushed petals. Its vintage Paris meets modern chic Parisienne!

jventura489
jventura489

I didn't purchase this perfume but got it for free. Unfortunately, it is not my cup of tea. The scent is too overbearing I don't smell any of the notes and it's extremely overbearing. It's too synthetic smelling, and I can't get rid of the scent, I've tried soap to no avail. It's a 1 oz bottle if anyone wants to purchase it from me?

candymarie
candymarie

Berry lovely. Great for berry lovers. Tart, sweet, dare I say, youthful. Nothing original here, though. If you've tested lots of new perfumes in department stores during.the last 10 years, then you've already tried this one under a different name. But berry lovely. Berry, berry lovely.

jennibean
jennibean

This scent was extremely synthetic on my skin. I had to wipe if off with rubbing alcohol because the scent continued to bother me.

It reminds me of Fabulosity by Kimora Lee Simmons. The same kind of sweet, alcoholic...chemical smell that makes you smell like a drunk girl stumbling out of a club at 3 a.m...

rafaella
rafaella

for me, Parisienne is a quiet, romantic and chic fragrance, good for all seasons, specially for peaceful summer evenings and sunny winter days :)
it seems to me that the drydown is a little bit creamy and very soft powdery.
pitty that it is not a long lasting one...

jenny.skoglund
jenny.skoglund

I LOVE this one! I am truly surprised by the negative reviews. The name and the ad campaign for this fragrance suit it to a 'T'- it is a feminine, youthful and chic scent, perfect for a young (wannabe) Parisienne. The blackberry is mouth-watering,and is well tempered by the rose and violet. Plus, the bottle is gorgeous, and the cap makes a great "click" when you but it back on

bluecyanide
bluecyanide

I am a sweet perfume-lover, but this seemed so fruity-berry on me, I almost had a shock :D and there's no sign of patchouli.. (to me - it's a plus).
All I got were berries, berries, berries...
Middle notes were rather simple, and I didn't really get the base notes, maybe because I washed my hands (I sprayed it on the wrist) - that shows poor lasting power.
In my opinion, that's not the scent of the woman of Paris

amelia.g
amelia.g

So, Parisienne. I have smelled the 'bottle' a while ago, which is to say, I've put my nose close to the 'sprayer' (I don't really know the name of that thing)and the predominant smell of red berries seemed quite unpleasant to me then. Today, I decided to give it a real try, and allowed the saleswoman to spray it on my skin. The opening is quite bright, and you can easily smell the berries; it takes a while before its floral heart shows up. When it does, you can feel a slight reference to Paris (quite slight indeed). I really can't smell any woods in the drydown, that is veeery clean and, as for the vinyl note, well, it's there, but it's not at all strong or predominant, so I don't understand why so many people seem to complain about it. I've read that Parisienne is a scent geared towards women in their thirties; well, I am twenty, and after smelling it for about three hours (the lasting power is indeed poor for and EDP), I find it to be an utterly girly scent. Parisienne was pleasing for the first 30 minutes but, as it began to settle down, it proved to be a generic and unremarkable scent, not in the slightest different from a thousand other fruity-florals on the market. I've seen some people call it as 'sexy'; I think it may be romantic and feminine, but sexy, at least in my opinion, definetely not (it's way too polished for that). Actually, especially in the drydown, I think it smells a lot like children's shampoo. And I'm surely not willing to pay Parisienne's price to get that.

Livvy111
Livvy111

Tried this one out in the shop today. quite a delicate rose, violets, and blackberry smell, but absolutely lovely in its fragility. I'm so disappointed that the sillage is poor - If it was a bit stronger I might consider spending money on it- especially since it is one of the more expensive ones. So sad -it could've been breathtaking.

sootyboots
sootyboots

It has been quite a while since I used a perfume bottle in it's entirety, but I actually finished this bottle. Yay. I loved it and it lasted a long time on me, something that is rare. However the reason I am thinking I may not repurchase is that I didn't receive one compliment. Not one, not ever in the months that I wore this non stop. I detected blackberries, and just a totally unique scent. I am thinking of wearing it on my wedding day.

blueshore
blueshore

This is my first review.Parisienne is very subtle.It for a woman who feels confident and feminine.At the beginning it starts with notes of cranberry and then it wears down to a romantic yet distinguished Aroma of roses mixed with viviteer.Its very sensual but in a practical fast paced way.

chromaggia
chromaggia

This is such a unique perfume! I've never smelled anything like it. When I got my first whiff of it, immediately wanted to start humming "Sex And Candy", because that is the only way I can describe this fragrance. It's sexy, "grown up" candy. If candy exists on Cloud 9, this is what it smells like.

ION
ION

This one is a modern and ambitious smell!
Any hint of romanticism and softness one might trace (because there are, but only as a trace), feels insulting to the perfume's main character in the same way this perfume feels insulting to the original "Paris".
To my nose, "Parisienne" smells like a political movement by the brand behind it, certainly not the great perfume one (given its heritage), would expect.
Still, I like the bottle.

sassa7
sassa7

Smells like some nasty candy i used to be treated to by some old ladies when i was little. I cant stand this scent. Not for me, too sweet, and reminds me of something i hate.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

This is not a typical scent.It's a very Bright, modern and unique perfume. The prominent notes I detect are citrus, a very, very large bouquet of roses, berries and spices. In no way do I detect the offensive asphalt note. On the contrary, I find it to be a sophisticated, romantic clean scent with a beautiful and delicate sillage. I think anyone can wear it and it has good longevity as well.(It's very similar to Flora by Gucci).

SheShe
SheShe

I don't like it. There's a vinyl note that gets on my nerves and makes the scent dirty like an asphalt indeed. I don't want to smell like an asphalt or nail polish so I waved it goodbye.

I also could detect cranberry and rose - but the vinyl... :(

haveitall
haveitall

I always got so many compliments when I wore this perfume. It was the first time I finished a bottle of perfume within two month's. I loved it, but probably will not purchase again because I get bored quickly. On the other hand their perfume Baby Doll I cannot ever get tired of, it's just amazing. So Parisianne reminds me of a grown up version of Baby Doll.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this is just luscious.
a gorgeous velvety damask rose with violets.
rounded off by a tart blackberry.
sensual, close to my skin, a lovely elixir this is.
im so happy i invested in a 3 ounce edp of this.
i can def see a resemblance with van cleef feerie edp
but parisienne is honestly better

anjou
anjou

This is the first review i have ever done , I never thought it would be for a fragrance I initially dismissed and really didn't like at all. Why? because I thought after first smelling it, it was light weight , one of those young fragrances made up to sell; an olifactory concotion made uo by salesmen.
At first it was grapefruit, bright fresh zingy, then it sweetened, and I mean sweetened to candyfloss at the fair , with a hard toffee edge,I must say at this point 3 hrs on I hated it and thought oh what have I sprayed on myself. Not even a sixteen yr old could like this. I left it on over night and kept smelling my wrist and couldn't understand why I kept doing so. In the morning I woke it was still there, I had a shower, it was still there, I couldn't believe no perfume has ever lasted that that long on me.
I got in my car and suddenly from the day before it flooded my senses, its smell was in my brain, It smelt of an idea of Paris when I was young, optimistic and bright, rich oppulent, beautiful and expensive, the brightest thing I have, ever ever smelt. I can understand the name now. Completely and utterly without any undercurrent of want, lust or dark desire,just happy hopeful and incredibly sexy with a woodsy musk that finally after 12 hrs or more after keeping me on the edge, fully bloomed and utterly captivated me. Wow! Some ride!!!

fumehead
fumehead

The rose-violet + vinyl make Parisienne the olfactory representation of stilettos hitting the asphalt, full ‘warpaint’ makeup, nail varnish and hairspray. It perfectly accompanies the Über glossy YSL cosmetics range and aesthetic.
I wear this when I’m feeling tarty and made-up during the day, there is definitely the nod to Paris, but it doesn’t feel like a flanker. Parisienne is pleasantly cloying when over-sprayed (that's me) and has that retro touch while still being thoroughly modern, she is the modern 25+ woman
Fruity sweet Damask rose, violet and subtle peony make the heart of this composition, its sweetness is accompanied with berries especially in the beginning but the Vinyl accord keeps everything in line and adds a hard/synthetic-like quality, that only gives it that ‘French’ polish & sophistication, kind of like haute couture for berries.

dementialies
dementialies

I will be the first to admit - my review and dislike for this perfume may be a bit biased. There's a certain office tramp that wears gallons of this stuff now and it's totally put me off. Having said that I still want to give an honest review of Parisienne.

I really wanted to give this perfume a fair shot because it had (on paper) so many notes that I'm fond of. The reality of this fragrance on my skin though was a dim one. I think I can sum it up in two words "Carpet Fresh" you know that potpurri smelling stuff you sprinkle onto your carpet before you vaccumm it? Yes that's exactly what this reminded me of. Which is sad because the sillage was great and like I said - all the notes were there. In short, if it smells nice to your nose go for it. In my case all I can think about is vaccumming and the office tramp.

Aprilily
Aprilily

On me, it is mostly berry, peony, patchouli, and vinyl. I love it! Great for all seasons.

Cmanier
Cmanier

Ok had this perfume on today in 108 degree weather...... Received about 10 compliments male and female.... You smell really good...what r u wearing!!!!!!! Enough said.....

AMDs44
AMDs44

Why everybody say that it doesn't last, That is not true when i first sampled it it last on me about 9 hours but the problem here that i always spray and smell it so my nose is use to it, I think most of people have the same problem, I know i know that it is for women but first perfumes do not have a gender !!!
and i am a collector and i can't resist the beautiful flacon that is amaizing the scent is wonderful soft rose with violet start with nail polish or rubbing alcohol and berries and eds up with a soft sweet smell

Turtledove

I completely changed my mind in the course of wearing this fragrance over a few months. I liked the magazine sample, but I didn't like wearing it at first, I thought it was too sweet and just had that generic-perfume quality. I'm a fan now though! It's girly and sweet, and it has a warm comforting quality to it that I really enjoy. It's not a sultry sexy fragrance as they advertised it, but more of something that I wear for myself, when I want a sweet little pick-me-up, it was a cozy warm sandalwood-berry on me. It lasts quite a while too, even lasted overnight once. But don't overdo it, or it will be sickeningly sweet and headache-inducing.

Cy
Cy

i just bought this bottle and i sprayed it on my wrist and i must say it long lasting and smells lovely....my first YSL and i really like it not a bad decision at all

gsp
gsp

Roses and synthetic violets. Peony's there, too, but I'd say it's the weakest floral note of the three. I can smell the berries only at the beginning. The staying power is good considering that the scent itself is rather weak.

movs
movs

This is so YSL! I used to love YSL's bright scents and I've worn them all, from Y to Champagne/Yvresse. However since Yvresse nothing from this house has impressed me.

Parisienne is as bright as a bouquet of flowers in the typical warm YSL colors; pink, orange, red and violet. The opening is a boost of blackberries and cranberries.
The berries and the rose harmonize in the most beautiful way, while a faint violet gives depth and sweetness to perfume.
As it dries down it evolves a sharp note of patchouli, which unfortunately makes this perfume a no go for me, but of course this is a matter of personal taste.
Another minus is the longevity (EDP), which is very poor.

Parisienne is at the same time sophisticated and joyful. It is a modern and maybe more mature take on Paris - a bit deeper and warmer than its predecessor. Personally I find Paris more chic and charming but no doubt with Parisienne the true spirit of YSL is back.

In 3 words: BIRGHT - JOYFUL - SWEET

dulcedeleche
dulcedeleche

its a close to skin scent,maybe that's why i like it so much. although,it becomes powdery once it has settled on my skin. first spritz, there's that loud burst of BERRIES and then, PUFF becomes this sexy, soft floral smell then little musky. an awesome scent!

treenhe
treenhe

i was idling in boots perfume section whilst waiting for my mother the other week and sampled this on a test strip. i forgot all about it until i came to put my trousers in the wash and pulled it out of my pocket. the smell was amazing! all rosey redcurranty-ness. managed to try a sample on my skin and it is even more gorgeous than i remember on the paper. light, feminine, a bit fruity but mainly floral drenched. i'm not a rose fan as i mentioned when reviewing d&g's rose the one but whereas that is a 'dirty', heady rose this is a light, sweet and powdery rose. i am so surprised by it even now! i get mere hints of the violet and peony, not enough to satisfy lovers of those notes but in just the right proportions for me. and fortunately, as i detest them, i get no patchouli or sandalwood at all. the beautiful base of musk just serves to make it even more powdery. i am so pleased i randomly tried this as french houses are not my first port of call normally so i doubt i would have actively sought it out. just delicious, i can't imagine a situation where this would ever be out of place.
oh and it has a lasting power to be envied by all others! :)

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I find there is a really uninteresting grapeish note in this fragrance. I had it and tried to like it but it just was not me. Albeit not a terrible scent, good for the younger, sweet loving crowd

pandacar
pandacar

i bought this perfume just be'cuz i read so many compliment review about it. i like it a lot, it smells fruity at the beginning(i'd say smell like lychee), then it turns to floral note. it makes me feel feminine when i spray on, but one thing, it doesn't last long.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I own many, many great perfumes. I LOVE this one. Beautiful roses, violets, cranberry, earthy notes. It is pretty, fresh, floral, fruity. Perfect for a hot summer day. I am in love with this fragrance. It is beautiful and refreshing, feminine. Not synthetic at all. The flowers are true to natural. I will keep this one in my collection always:)
Thank goodness there is no vanilla!!! Vanilla takes away from the sensuality of the beautiful flowers in alot of fragrances because it overides. The fragrance usually ends up just being 'sweet' vanilla like. Not Parisienne!!

Mandana
Mandana

Heavy, sweet and musky, not a pleasant combination at all, like pouring musk or patchouli over some ripe flowers and then leaving them to go mouldy. Sorry but that is what I felt like after having tried the tester, I didnt like the perfume at all on my skin. The name sounds graceful and stylish, think of an exciting rendezvous in a chic 1930's style French café or lazing on the banks of the Seine with a baquette, cheese and glass of red wine; IMO this image was not to be! Sadly disappointed, YSL. I would rename this perfume "flowery musk". Nothing remotely "French" about it. Dommage!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Not so great for me. It's all sweet, astringent blackberries and synthetic violet. There is apparently a "vinyl accord" in this perfume which could explain the synthetic feel. Although it is intentional in this perfume, I really don't like it. Parisienne isn't my style, but I would still describe it as light and relatively inoffensive. Just a sweet plastic floral-blackberry scent.

For me this is a fragrance where the commercial absolutely doesn't suit the scent. The ads, which feature dark nighttime scenes, roses and leather, come off as mysterious and sensual. Parisienne is definitely a safe daytime sort of perfume. Not the sort of thing that evokes sensuality or darkness for me.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

When I tested it on my skin, I felt that it was a weak scent... It wasn't sweet, which I liked though. It quickly turned a little smoky and peppery on my skin, but soon enough I couldn't really smell anything anymore. It was unique and sophisticated, just not for my skin I think.

username
username

when I first triyed it, i thought it had the ordinary weak fruity opening which I don't prefer, but later I smelled the roses with the delicate violets, and I fell in love with it.I want it for my wedding!

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

Fresh violet opening, but the violet was gone within seconds to be followed by a fruity combination - according to the notes apparently blackberry or cranberry, but to me it smells of a mix of melons and apple. An hour later a slight sweet rosiness. Only when I exhale onto my hand so that there is water vapour from my breath on my skin does that rose come through stronger. General floral fruity impression, but not cheap icky and like so many others. May buy this one....but first I should compare it on my hand with insolence......

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

The lovliest, most feminine fragrance I have ever tried. This beats my beloved Bright Crystal for that description. And it rivals Penhaligan's Violetta for my favourite violet fume.

On my skin this is all berries and violet - yet it's not at all a 'fruity floral'. Hard to describe. It's a perfectly romantic and very sexy floral. Zero sweetness. Sophisticated without being 'complex' - it's quite linear in that the opening and drydown are consistent. The basenotes are very quiet yet hold everything to the skin nicely.

Not a skin scent but not a sillage monster. It quietly purrs "over here".

Gorgeous. Bloody gorgeous. Damn expensive but worth every penny if it works with your skin chemistry.

Theheartoftheflower
Theheartoftheflower

I have a love- hate relationship with this perfume...some days it smells wonderful, some days I really hate it because it's waaaaaay too sweet for me!
On good days, it smells like a very girly, sweet and fresh combination of roses, berries and musk. On bad days, it makes me feel like I smell like a berry pie.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I tested this one out at Ulta and when it first goes on it smells nice, but then within 20 minutes it starts turning to this sour bitter, like B/O scent which is repulsive to me. Then like 1 hour later it's gone completely off my skin. Very bizarre. I will try it again sometime, as I usually give perfumes a couple tries before ruling them out all together.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Parisienne opens very sweet, fresh, vibrant and adtringent like your regular toilet cleaner. My skin works the top nots really strangly because this is not definatly how this is supposed to smell like.
After several times trying to understand what Parisienne smell like on me, I undertood that is the exactly smell of shaving cream. A pity!

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

I love this. It's sensual, but with a hint of sweetness (which is, luckily, far from overpowering on me). I really love the berry-like scentes it opens with, and I adore rose and violet. On me, it has a somewhat soapy smell, and I like that. This smells really nice on me, and it works for every season and every event. I wear it many times a week, and it stand as one of my favourite scents.

seledin
seledin

I love Parisienne... Is so beautiful, so romantic, very very classy and feminine.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

Lovely opening, but I can't smell it on myself 10 minutes after application. Others can smell it on me. I'll work with it.

armaniboy
armaniboy

Mind-blowing fragrance.Love at first sniff.easily detectable-recognizable.ultra sexy elegant and charismatic. A wonderful scent that makes me happy when i smell it. :)

snytpc
snytpc

The bottle of Parisienne is so attractive and it seems beautiful,romantic,stylish but is it diffucult to say same things for the scent maybe who really and deeply likes violet notes can be use it but it's not strong enough to make a statement only can be pretty but not unique creation for casual wearing.
i think YSL shoul do better on the lasting power i am saying this that's why after 2 hours wearing it i can feel the parisienne but it wouldn't be noticeable to others. There is nothing special I know many cheap perfumes are better than Parisienne.

Pierina

I really hate this pefume. I have been unable to put my finger on it something sharp and sour, like unripe fruits and something else, synthetic?... After looking at the composition I am inclined to think that the Vinyl (seriously?) and fruits are what seem to sear through my sinuses like barbed poison.
I have a fragonard fragrance which is so so so similar (and guess what.. I hate that too.. long story old flame yadda yadda yadda)Im giving that to my friend on the condition that she doesnt wear it around me.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Tried it by an off chance and fell in love with it in an instant!
Parisienne is a beautiful mixture of soft florals and sweet vinyl note which actually tickles my nose leaving me mesmerized!
It opens berry fruity, refreshing and sweet, then it becomes more floral and ends up on a gentle note, without the earthy patchouli screaming.
I can smell sweet vinyl all the time; it is a pleasant one bringing me the association of a posh cosmetic bag filled with all sorts of lipsticks and kayals. Fear not! There is no cheap plastic note in Parisienne!!!
The bottle is very practical. The fragrance has brilliant silage and lasting power. (EDP)
It is hard to say who would I recommend it to as no other fume in my collection compares to Parisienne, even slightly.
I suppose it would suit floral fruity lovers, even though Parisienne belongs to a floral woody musk group, it does not really reflect the feel of the olfactory group :-)
Lovely!

jmum22
jmum22

i love this perfume i give it a 9/10. it reminds me of nutrimetics rose and waterlily perfume(they now stopped making it). as this was one of the smells i had when i was newly married,so when i smelt parisienne i instantly loved it.
beautiful, well done YSL!.

feeg
feeg

Yes...really pleasant, but those roses...whyyy ?? I just hate roses in perfumes. But I love all other scents in it

maryco036
maryco036

Beautiful raspberry-rose scent. It is mild and light and I can get away with wearing it in the office. I love it! It will be my signature scent for Spring and Summer. Let's hope my nose does not become immune to it and I start drenching myself in the stuff. That is the surefire way to kill any perfume and your office social life.

olga1780
olga1780

Very interesting cranberry perfume. Even being EDP, it's not strong enough to make a statement, but nevertheless it is a pretty unique creation for casual wear. I really enjoyed wearing it today, especially its combination of freshness, tartness and warmth. This perfume matched perfectly with my black and purple leather outfit and purple makeup.
But to be honest, i think YSL could do better on the lasting power. 5 hours later I am still getting a little bit of drydown by sniffing my wrist, but it wouldn't be noticeable to others. So I would say the staying power is about 3 hours.
Overall, I consider it a successful blind buy, full bottle worthy. Definitely a fragrance with a distinctive personality.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I'm wearing it today, testing with a sample.
I fist sprayed myself generously , my clothes , i found it nice, but it soon fade away . Then i sprayed my wrists , to have a closer "look" .
I love the tangy , fresh opening (thanks to the cranberies) , then the sweet , then what i call the "weird smell" which i guess is the vinyl notes (why don't you add them by the way ?). I have the feeling that the fruity notes come and go , alternately with the vinyl, synthetic ones . And when it's the fruity notes it smells like "Jeanne Lanvin" (From Lanvin) to me.
So my opinon is , it's a very nice scent , but nothing revolutionary or very distinctive.
I think i'm going to put it on my wishlist anyway , because i love those "red berries" perfumes

Edit : After having wearing it for the whole day (it was morning when i wrote that) i must say that i had a lot of fun wearing this scent , i may even upgrade it from "like" to "love" . BUT this is not the provocative, glamourous , even sexual scent promised by the TV ad , it is more a girly , funny scent , imao of course .
Love it though . On wishlist

Ploppie
Ploppie

I just love this scent. The vinyl accord reminds me of long nights clubbing (my hubbie is a DJ) and the rose is a young one, not like YSL Paris, which is in my opinion a scent for the older girls. I like the berries, it's really fresh like bacardi razz&up.

tinties
tinties

After a very girlish start - nothing wrong with that - of berries and candy with, yes, a hint of 'booze' and the 'vinyl' already lurking in the back, the overpowering sensation I have is ... of the smell of a Barbie Doll? Yuck! I guess this is the 'cosmetic bag odor', but all I can smell are soft plastic Barbie Dolls. What's Parisian about that? What a shame, the bottle is stunning.

Emma x
Emma x

This perfume starts off sweet, and for a minute i have to keep smelling my wrist, (just to make sure its not too sickly) but it isnt.
After a few minutes it developes into a smoky floral, quite mature and elegant.
Then after a few hours it becomes a mix of the two, its a really nice perfume. It makes you feel very classy just by wearing it, i couldnt buy it though, seeing as it is £70. If it was something like £17 then yes i would be buying this! x

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

According to Parisienne's ads and descriptions I was expecting to smell something classy and provocative at the same time: but, though having tested it for months, I still can't decide what this perfume is to me.
The first times I sprayed my sample I would have sworn it was a floral fruity: for the first minutes I could only detect a large amount of warm, sugared berries (jam-effect, in one word), but it wasn't unpleasant..I usually like a childish and playful note in scents and Parisienne surely has it, together with the vinyl (plastic? glue?) note also mentioned in various descriptions and reviews.
Almost a girlie scent...A beautiful woman walking through the Paris streets at night, wearing that gorgeous little black dress, just couldn't smell like this!

Some months has passed since those first approaches to Parisienne, and I feel like I'm getting - a bit - closer to what this scent was meant to be.
I don't know what has changed in my sense of smell, but in the opening I'm now able to perceive clearly a smooth (almost powdery) accord of violet and rose, reminding me of some classics as Bvlgari Rose Essentielle or - further - Chanel n° 5: berries are still there, for sure, playing the "innocent" part, but I find this perfume more mature than I used to think. What remains of Parisienne after a couple of hours is a pleasant drydown in which are well balanced musk and patchouli, with a decent longevity (not so good on me).

What can I say, at last? This is a honest creation by YSL, I would surely wear it for a night out.
Playful, lightly seductive and modern.
Weak and lacking in personality? Un peu...

sgraifman
sgraifman

It's OKAY. I don't hate it, like I do many other perfumes. But I don't love it, either. It's very light and pretty, floral, clean. It's not heavy, cloying or offensive. But that's all. It's just light and pretty. Carry it with you in your purse, because you will need to re-apply every 3 hours or so.

UPDATE: Today, about 5 hours after I sprayed this perfume, someone asked me what it was. I thought it had completely disappeared by then, but apparently it can still be detected by others. Good to know!

Morrigan
Morrigan

I recently tried this on me and have been going crazy - it REMINDS me of something, and I simply can't put my finger on it! And I do agree that it is does not really match up to YSL standards. It is sweet and is in no way as sensual as perceived to be by the ad (which is terrible). My fiance loved it but I am still not sure it's worth purchasing..

twillocks
twillocks

I love it!! can't wait to get me a bottle. I have been sniffing my paper tester all weekend. LOL

Jomoves
Jomoves

Now I have to say the advertising campaign for this is just spectacular - and I don't even like Kate Moss! But those images of her wandering the streets at dusk with a dusty pink rose in hand had me running to check this one out.

Such a disappointment! Times must be tough at YSL because this really is a generic and inoffensive berry/floral scent that is designed to be bought en masse over the holiday season. The staying power is nil, and the juice itself takes me back to my Body Shop fragrance days. I also have to say the bottle is also nothing much, although I do like the shade of pink on the box.

I'm old enough (45) to remember the days when a new fragrance launch by one of the french houses was a major event. Back then they tried to create new trends rather than just follow the pack. Sadly, YSL is most certainly following the pack with this one. Actually, following is too generous. It's more like they're trailing way behind.

narcissi
narcissi

got it as a gift today, and tried it on.... bleh !
nothing new, nothing exciting, very typical floral smell....you can smell the peony and rose in the top notes but after wearing it for 23 hours it all fades away and just becomes very very sweet [read sickeningly sweet]
as far as longevity and sillage goes, well not much to write about either, suffice it to say this perfume can never ever be my signature smell.
recommended for office use though, as it very discreet and not at all over powering.
p.s- i love strong smells with a good sillage [an alien girl :)], not my cup of tea.

antonpan
antonpan

A very feminine and likable mix of delicate roses and cranberries. I think it has poor sillage but good longevity, and stays close to skin. For those who don't like to smell agressive, but at the same time want to smell expensive and original.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I am having a love-hate relationship with this perfume. Sometimes I really like it, and sometimes I can't stand it. Not sure where I will end up with it in the long run :-)

Update: I don't like it! I love florals, I love roses, I love berries.... yet, I can't like this perfume. I guess I was trying to like it precisely because there is a lot going on for this fragrance theoretically. But when I smelled it again not knowing what I was smelling, I coulnd't have been more categotical about my dislike.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I didn't think I'd like this, but it's growing on me. It reminds me of Chambord berry liquer. Does anyone else get the "booze" scent in this one. Pretty sweet, don't know of anything else that really smells like this one. It's certainly unusual and for that reason alone, I'll probably purchase it.

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

it's....interesting
there's something silky/milky/vinyl-ish
interesting....

i wanted to love it so bad, because of the BEAUTIFUL bottle and the ad, but no, i didn't like it enough to purchase it, YET.

jedziah
jedziah

Not always being one for floral fragrances- I often grow tired of them and want to move on to something less sweet, but, this is the exception. I look forward to wearing this day after day, night after night. It's not your grandmama's rose, nor is it an overly sweet teeny- bopper candy rose. There is a bit of duplicity- it opens with an indulgent spicy rose, a playful berry bite and a little tease of fuschia vinyl. It then mellows with a powdery violet, sweet patchouli and a touch of skin musk. Sort of like a memory of that soulful kiss from the perfect night out. If this is what it is like to belong to Paris, we should all be so lucky.

rosabell
rosabell

something in this smells metallic...it makes me think about aluminium a lot...maybe it's the nail polish, or the vinyl, anyway, trust me, paris does NOT smell like this, and nor do the parisian ladies... But I guess maybe kate moss, DOES smell like this ,sometime....

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

Of all the nasty scents, this one has broken a record....first one to ever make me nauseated. It is very comflicted, leaves you thinking, "I would love to know the marketing pitch to get this one out of the board room;I bet it could move mountains!" Just plain NASTY!!!

mimosabee
mimosabee

Where the hell is cranberry? I can smell a bit of black berry. But apart from that it smells droopy.. a heavy combination of roses and talc powder.

I will give this 5 out of 10 and thats just because my love for YSL.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Finally i got it!!!I want it for so long but i had to wait for sales!
So rosy, floral and i have to say little salty too!
It reminds me of rosy bath products LOL!!
Feminine, floral, light like a cloud!
Appropriate for hot days and spring time.
It is delicate but not sexy, giving you a fresh sense without being citrus!
As the time passes it gets less fizzy and it is becoming more "woman"!!
But still it is a unique scent, full of roses and violets without lossing the playfull character!
It totally deserves a try and remember that it smells much better on skin than on paper strip.

mjb28
mjb28

This is a lovely romantic perfume to me. Very interesting as time goes by after my first sniff. It is like an unexpected encounter between a modern vinyl accord and the depth of rose brimming with red berries, surrounded by a sandalwood and vetiver vibration for a modern fragrance of sensuality. The rose is subtle and not overpowering just the way I like it. Good lasting power on my skin. Just pretty and smooth. The bottle is elegant and so feminine. I'm happy to include it in my collection. Great job YSL!

I have to thank that lady in perfume department who did not give up when trying pleasing my taste. After smelling a dozen of perfumes including heavy ones in order to buy a gift for my mother in law, I ended up loving this fragrance and my mother in law actually bought it for me as a gift.
Do not trust the paper tester in the store. It is very different on a skin than on paper. I did not feel any roses on paper at all, but became addicted to the smell checking my paper tester every day for 7 days. The history of development and evaporation of the fragrance made me even more curious – cranberries and blackberries turned into musk and sandalwood only on a third day, but roses and violets were there to stay…
On skin, however, I immediately smelled roses and vinyl-like notes. It is not true, that this fragrance doesn’t last: it develops into sexier and more subtle fragrance which is more suitable for intimate occasions. So, if you dare, feel like a Parisian.

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

A MESSY FRUITY CONCOCTION '~'
I tried this at the department store with the impression that this would be a refreshing scent but wht i ended up with in fact, was a sickeningly sweet frag. I don't know why but whenever i get a whiff of this perfume I always detect a sort of cherry medicinal-syrup note that carries on out for quite a while. In fact this frag is waaay nauseating to me, is it me or is this scent a little bit on the synthetic side? oh well...this scent is just not my cup of tea...

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I had to had to use the whole sample,and still- very light silage,and not rememberable smell at all.So-so.
Good for office or for scent -free office.

nanster
nanster

I keep going back and forth about whether I like this or not: one sniff: I like it. The next: I don't. I definitely get the musky notes on the dry down. But there is something powdery and pretty, too. I guess it's a like-not-love.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of this scent. I've given it several chances, but there is a note in it that I just can't stand. I can't tell what the note is, although I think I'm beginning to notice that fragrances with patchouli smell awful on me. The top notes are very tangy because of the cranberry, which is another feature of this perfume that doesn't work for me. This fragrance is a very weird sour berry & patchouli concoction. Such a shame--the bottle's so pretty!

Eleiria
Eleiria

Parisienne is the second ficklest, most unstable fragrance I've ever smelled -first being The One. One minute it's sweet and nice, the other minute it's artifical and sharp. I liked the first burst of rosy fruity smell; then after 15 minutes I said "Now I remember why I didn't like this fragrance. It's ugly". Then, it became a creamy, sweet and luxurious scent that I liked a lot -in fact it resembled Ultraviolet, even though there isn't any similar note. In short, if I could find a way to skip first 15 to 45 minutes and directly transfer to the third phase, I'd say Parisienne is a great fragrance, instead I say, "You can do better..".

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

I agree that it's staying power is incredibley lame, but the juice smells so glamorous and modern. I wish it could hold out a little more than 45 minutes...

nanoct
nanoct

my friend uses this one and its incredibleeee smells so good, super fresh :)

candykiss0011
candykiss0011

Maybe for some, Parisienne smells cheap and drugstore-like, but when on me it smells divine --- roses, roses, roses without smelling like an old lady. Makes me feel feminine and classy. I turn heads when I wear this one. Even if I sweat, the smell doesn't change on me.

vtothek
vtothek

I wanted to like this, I really did. And I do like it in the bottle. However, when sprayed elsewhere all I can smell is pear. Why pear? As far as I know there is none in this scent. At first there is a small dose of florals in the beginning and then they fade into... pear. I can't even smell the delicious sounding base. Hmm, odd. It is simple at least, but overall underwhelming.

INCOGNITOGLAM
INCOGNITOGLAM

I absolutely adore Parisienne. I'm not usually a fan of florals (I like citrus/aquatic/chypre scents) but I don't regret trying this YSL EDP out at all.

I first got a subtle whiff of cotton candy, without it being overtly saccharine and makes it perfectly sweet for day. At the same time, it unfolds to become a subtly sexy leather scent that will drive men crazy, I think haha

The keyword here is "subtle." Like Parisian women, everything is deliberate but never overdone or obnoxious. It's really a lovely scent and I plan on making this my signature fragrance :)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

quite nice complex fresh rose scent, not as daring or unique as its predecessor - but isn't that always the way with these new flankers of 80's scents? They are pleasant but lack the 'kerpow!' of the originals. Rather safe.

icekat
icekat

Parisienne is so charming. I love the opening. It is full of roses with a beautiful sweet hint of blackberries. It continues developing into a gorgeous bouquet of roses, peonies and violets. Roses dominate the scene.

I would not consider this perfume overly complex. I got a little bit of vinyl accent and sandalwood but overall it says rosy and simple but so charming. It does not smell cheap or synthetic to me at all.

This is a happy scent that reminds me of a beautiful summer garden in southern France.

guest_Lizzie
guest_Lizzie

Oh, I totally disagree with all the negative reviews. The scent which people call "synthetic" smells leathery to me; not deep leather like a horse's saddle, but light leather, like a nice handbag. The roses have kind of a sideways scent - they're not super-girly, they're not candyfloss.

It's simple and sexy. I'd liken it to a great black shift: it's simple and straightforward and sometimes it's just the thing.

It DOES go on heavy, though.

katyas
katyas

Several reviews say to try it more than once, so maybe my review will change. However, my initial reaction is negative. Upon first application, it smells like overly-sweet, cheap wine or wine coolers - a lot of alcohol smell mixed with fruit in other words. I have no idea where the fruit is coming from, since the only fruit I see is cranberry and that's hardly sweet, but one can never tell what is going to happen to a scent when mixed with a body's chemistry! After half an hour or so it softens to a nice floral, but nothing particularly special. I was very disappointed, as I'd been wild to try this scent - it really sounded like something I'd like a lot. Well, I'll leave it lying around and try it again someday and see if I change my mind ... but I'd definitely tell anyone to try before you buy.

Memi_La
Memi_La

Parisienne is one of those fragrances that I love but with no one reason why I love it . There's something unique about it ( I can't name a perfect dupe for this) but I can't quite say what ,like it reminds me of something or someone that must be in a good memory of mine . It's smells beautiful and is one of the very few fragrances all of my family members agree is pleasant smelling. I can smell the Damascus rose ,violet and patchouli at first spray and as it dries down turns into a lovely musky/woody scent .

I am lucky enough to not smell that vinyl/lacquer note when I spray it on myself because if I did I may like it less than I do :) The staying power could be better , although maybe my nose just grows immune to it quickly because sometimes when I think the sent is gone I can still smell it on my clothes later .

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

The first impression of Parisienne can be deceptive if you are not patient.

Upon testing it the first time I could smell sweet notes similar to that of "skittles" and flowers.

After a a few weeks I tested it again on my wrist and got a surprise.

The opening notes were not of the candy scent I smelled previsouly but that of roses and fine rose water Turkish delight.

The softness of the top notes could be due to the violet, which does an elegant job.

Parisienne is a curious sweet young thing trying to blend in Paris. She is fashionable, young and sweet.

guest_Jade
guest_Jade

I bought this and it smelt different from the tester that the sales lady sprayed on me in the shop. She said it was the same one that I bought. No way.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I'm sorry to have to say it, but I don't think this fragrance is very special. To me,it does not stand out. It's not unpleasant, it's quite nice, but it fades away quickly. Doesn't do it for me.

mjqueen
mjqueen

im glad i tried this 3 times spraying it all over myself.... (ive decided to give a frangrace 3 goes before i buy always!!)
3 goes and she's out.....
this is too sickly sweet (coming from
a fruity floral fan who adores escada,
thier fragrances are like skittles just incase you dont know them)
this is an off sweet, a rotten sweet it does fade a bit its the cranberry i dont like it, ive never particular liked the taste of it either...
this is also so expensive! I prefer their other fruity-floral young sexy lovely good price good fragrance im glad i chose that over this
thumbs down she is not going to be added to my collection

moonflower143

Im very happy that i finally got this one today..and felt excited to spray it on..yes, its sweet, but the kind of sweet that grown ups would like, its not over the top...the rose is not boring...its romantic and seductive in a subtle way...its not loud but the smell lingers that someone cant help sniffing it over and over again.

guest_dannygirl
guest_dannygirl

I wear this one when I want to be girlie-girlie surrounded in a cloud of candy pink. A smell for just selfish little me. The sweet synthetic pink (candied roses, blackberry, "vinyl" synthetic) dry down to a tropical coconut-melon fruity smell. All utterly synthetic in tone but somehow rather enjoyable. We all have our girlie-girlie days, and that's the only time I use the bottle I have of this.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Just like rolling on a bed covered in pink rose petals.
I don't get any of the modern tone referred to in the description. No vinyl or laquer to be found.
Pleasant, but that's about it.
I think rose scents need some spice to get my attention.
This one's too soft and unassuming.

Roma27
Roma27

Even though I decided to purchase this, it is a perfume that is not for a nose that cannot handle too sweet fragrances. When applying it the first notes that hit me are the berry & the rose. There is definitely a candyfloss feeling to it. It makes me feel very girly i'm considering giving it to my 6yr old daughter who loves Britney Spears fragrances. It really is all about preference but in my opinion smelling this on a more older, more matured women would just feel very wrong.

Edit:2011

So I owed it to myself to give Parisienne another go, well actually I owed it to my husband(he seems to find it quite lovely,so in the end, could not pass it on).Wow, how is it possible, my thumbs have done a somersault! No Really. I'm eating my words big time.Amazing how that happens.......eating humble pie? Let me tell you why. Innitially on applying this the berries & sweet violet is just in my face. Discovered that the combination of the two is too overwhelming for me at first BUT then it's the dry down to the base of musk & patchouli maybe even the sandlewood that gives me the true appreciation for this Parisienne dweller. Didn't give it enough time to settle & must remember to go easy with my EDP.I think that Parisienne begins very sweet & is slightly similiar to it's Paris counterpart but ends vastly different to Paris which becomes rather peppery to my nose towards the end.IMO best for autumn & winter.Warm & Intriguing indeed.Btw matured women?? did I say that? what was I thinking....rather daft of me.LOL!

honeydays
honeydays

I can smell rose and berry on the test strip, but not on my skin. On my skin it quickly fades into a powdery rose, kind of sweet. I agree with the others who say it's got a candy-like scent. Would not buy it, it's nothing grown-up or unusual.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

The portrait of a woman incredibly
free. She was not born in Paris but
Paris adopts her. Because she knows
how to love, how to live. The
perfume of ultra femininity.

oopsfauxpas
oopsfauxpas

this perfume brings up one of my big perfume questions: why are so many different fragrances reminiscent of cat pee to those that smell something unpleasant, to say the least? i would have thought with all the stinks in the world, that there wouldn't be one odor that is THE stinker, as it were.

lalique amethyst, and (gotta check this) ysl elle, and of course, the guerlain grapefruit variety (citrus going pee is something that makes some weird sense to me), the last mentioned being one that seemed to have half the wearers stumbling around the house looking for a used litter box, all smell to me of cat pee.

for me, it seems to be the blackberry, that urinates on my skin, and i see that blackberry is here. i love blackberries, and have ordered a variety of scents always hoping. and it always seems to show up in these godawful fruity florals, which makes sense. the smell also reminds me of underarm perspiration on a damp shirt, when it just starts to dry - anyway, tho' it is very faint, someone let a french kitty in the door.

at first i did get a lovely rose. but we all know what "first" means in perfume: a time so short there is no word for it. it's probably a nano-second divided by infinity.

it's been 1/2 hour since blast off, and i don't hate it. unless you know my loathing for the fruity-floral thing, you don't know what a compliment that is. and now i'm really confused.

whoever heard of a tackroom berry smoothie? i smell saddlesoap. with which someone is washing berries.

ok, so on the other hand i'm trying hermes amazone edp. i thought that was it, too. but i wave parisienne right in front of my nose, while sitting on my other hand, and i'm now getting saddlesoapberry. it is really nice.

15 minutes later, and the saddlesoapberry is gently in the air. i think it MUST be the combo. but i've gone from "not hating" parisienne to thinking it's quite lovely, except only when worn by an amazone?

well, this has been a useless pile of drivel. obviously, a re-spray, alone, is in order. however, i just got a bunch of bottles of new perfume. and i can't resist trying them on immediately. so let's not hold our collective breath. i think i'll check out fragrantica's recipe list for amazone now. maybe it will be mystery solved.

StephD
StephD

Smelled this at the store, it's very nice. I smell roses, bit it's also very sweet and candy-like. I imagine a youthful yet sophistacted woman sitting outside in a café, watching pedestrians walk by, with the soft scent of roses wafting through the air from a nearby garden.
I wouldn't buy this, but it's nice to smell.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

There is something inexplicable about Parisienne. I really like it but I don't know why. It is sweet but what kind of sweet??? It is joyful but how??? It is grown-up yet it is still kind of fruity???

All these questions and more will be pondered upon when I next douse myself in Parisienne.

xs
xs

This is a sickening, disgusting overly sweet sticky candylike bugspray smell. I'm ashamed to even call it a perfume and the people from YSL should be too. I CANNOT believe this is from the same house that created PARIS.
No perfume has ever made me so disgusted and ANGRY.
YUCK!

guest_summer_wind
guest_summer_wind

Actually it is not of my top favorite and I'm not too much into flowery smells. However, this one... somehow hooked me up. I bought it on an airport while waiting to switch a flight. It is quite rosy, but somehow clean and deep at the same time. Very feminine and seductive.

daisygirl
daisygirl

I think Parisienne is not a rose perfume, rather it's a berry perfume. The first squirt is pretty sugary and all I smell are raspberries and blackberries. I never notice the middle or base notes.

I bought this because I love rose and violet perfumes, but I don't think these notes are prevalent in parisienne. Infact, i agree with another reviewer who said that it doesn't really go anywhere. It just stops being super sweet and dries down to soft berries.

It has a purpley pink sort of vibe, and is fun to wear. It doesn't have a classic, classy sophisticated sort of feel, instead its fun and upbeat (and not overly sugary sweet). Good for springtime.

Parisienne is yet another quintessential rose fragrance on the market today.

Unlike the original Paris by YSL, Parisienne is a much softer, more watery rose scent, excellent for wear in the warmer months.

The red berries and blackberry in the top notes, really adds a lovely fruity touch to the already dominant rose note. It gives this fragrance a subtle tart-like finish.

Parisienne is a modern take on a very popular scent; rose. In my opinion it is very chic and stylish. Kate Moss actually represents this fragrance well.

I was a little surprised that this was in EDP concentration. The way it rested lightly upon my skin with such little sillage strength, made me swear it was an EDT.

Like I previously mentioned, this is a very refreshing, watered-down rose scent with a slight greeness about it that makes for a very Summery and inoffensive fragrance.

Casual yet classy, Parisienne will impress you with its simplicity rather than its uniqueness.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I never expected anything from Parisienne, I thought it to be light slight boring rose floral. Wrong I was. Actually it turned out to be pleasant surprise. Not at beginning tho.

First it was transparent ethereal pink rose, that is almost perfect and good in warm late spring day.

Later I can smell lots of cranberries, blackberry and violet. Very pleasant and quite original comparing to loads of latest releases. And yea, it has something vinyl like, that I adore.

Yves Saint Laurent PARISIENNE strikes me as a made-for-the-masses *very* fruity floral, along the lines of the Victoria's Secret Secret Garden line. PARISIENNE opens pleasantly with red berries and light florals mingling most harmoniously, and my initial reaction was, "Yum."

Unfortunately, PARISIENNE doesn't really develop. It just condenses down to a sticky, gooey red preserve concoction in which the florals seem to have suffocated to death. This edp is never repellent, but it doesn't really reach the stratum of perfume, IMNSHO.

Fortunately, I am not troubled by what others have found to be a "vinyl" quality. PARISIENNE is likeable but shallow, to my nose. I would not say that it has much in common with INSOLENCE, which has undeniable plastic and artificial raspberry notes which turn me away each time I remove the cap, thinking that I might try it again.

I agree that PARISIENNE seems like a celebrity scent, not a serious creation. I won't buy a bottle (beyond my .25oz mini), but I also won't throw it away. Who knows: there may be rare occasions in the future when I might wish to feel like a piece of toast on which red jam has been smattered. I am also considering the possibility of mixing this with what remains of my PARIS mini, since the polar opposite excesses of each might balance one another out leaving a decent perfume behind. On ne sait jamais!

moonflower143

i had tested it a few days ago in perfumeshop, i can say that it is really a very nice floral fragrance..i am not a fan of strong floral fragrances, but this one is subtle yet u can always smell its there lingering,for me,its like the smell of perfumed stationery papers that i always like to sniff,u never get tired smelling it...it will be very nice for a romantic evening..i will definitely get this one...

Nicole79
Nicole79

I felt this yesterday on a friend...and all i could feel was... violets....!
I thought it was Insolence,Guerlain, so i asked her and she said ...no...it's Parisienne...i was...wow...smells like Insolence, very powdery also....i didn't felt the roses at all... I thought Parisiene it's all about roses ! strange...
This is a must try ! :)

Sevipants19
Sevipants19

Honestly, I just don't know. I walked around the mall with this scent. I liked it, I didn't know, I loved it. I decided to buy because I have nothing like it. I bought it with a ignorant nose. All I knew was that I liked it.

Came home with it.
Read about it.
Found out about the vinyl.
Got confused.
Hated the smell.
All I could smell was vinyl.
Yuck, yuck, yuck.

It took a little while to like it again.
I make myself wear it.
I don't think it wears off too soon for the price.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

got this from my husband for my anniversary last year and i think it s indeed very sexy and delicate. not offending at all, flowery (love the peony!), bit powdery but not to overhelming and not too sticky sweet, as other pink flower fragrances, love the violet in it too, and of course the first burst of berries which one is not candylike, almost natural even little bit sour! i agree, it s not a scent for very young girls. for seductive woman 30+ perfect.

selinum28
selinum28

I tested this perfume from a paper that I was brought four days ago... It first seemed a beautiful reinterpretation of Paris; not better, just a reminder of it with some variations that made it less defined and convincing. I tried it yesterday and the smell was very coarse and sweet; and today... it could be used to scent notepaper or glitter pens.
I don't like perfumes like this, I even disagree with the concept: perfumes for young women, conceiving them as pretentious but finally weak; not even a little girl is like this.
However, I'll test it again on my skin.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Love, love, LOVE this frag. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a designer frag since the 80s (yes, I love the 80s; sue me). Finally, a sweet scent for grown-ups! This is delicious. Thanks, YSL!

falovalo
falovalo

A simple, powdery floral meant for girly girls (not that I mean young girls, necessarily). Suits the sort of women who wear pink, fuzzy sweaters.

jae
jae

To my nose, this is a prim version of Bvlgari's Rose Essentielle. I love both, but this one is easier for me to wear, thanks to the vetiver. There isn't much that I can say, except that I really like this one. Now I have something rosy to spray on when I'm wearing my navy blue pin-stripe suit. This is a PERFECTLY prim rose, especially for the Spring.

UPDATE (4/16/10) I wore this for the first time with a cranberry body butter and I was a target for provocative compliments, stares and glances. This was totally unexpected - but DEFINITELY appreciated. Parisienne has risen a few notches, securing a permanent spot in my collection right next to Stella.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

My first thoughts were modern green rose. Like rose fresh, and uncut. Barely red... and then the vinyl, which I'm sure is what causes people to feel it is synthetic and plastic. It's only an illusion of vinyl. The commercial.. "living and loving in the moment", while in bed. A bed of pink roses and perfume. There is an air of mysterious seduction. I think that's what they were aiming for with it. Kate wearing all black, but she isn't showing too much skin. Everyone knows this is YSL Paris for the younger women who found it too rosey and powdery. It's easily wearable and pretty for Spring.

renaelafae
renaelafae

The first time I smelled this perfume was from a magazine and I loved the intriguing scent mix. I mean vinyl in a perfume? Just plain cool. However I was horrified once I tried this perfume on. All freshness was immediately zapped away to leave a thick clingy floral gone bad smell. If your skin tends to zap away fruit/light flower smells, this perfume does horrible things.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I want this one so bad. One whiff and I was in a victorian age, parlor, deep red accent printed room size rug, curtains, wallpaper. The only way I can describe this is delicate, soft and charming. YUM!

bloodflower
bloodflower

parisienne is a modern rose, don't think it is similar to paris, this one is greener and sharper, it reminded me a lot of bvl rose esentielle, sadly it didn't work with my chemistry, i couldn't get the rose i wanted. also this fragrance has the most misleading advertisement i've ever seen. i could imagine kate wearing these fragrance and having an evening coffee with her friends or her lover not at all a night scent or sexy one.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Very intriguing! Smoky, dusty, naughty, cold rose and sparkling cranberries with a powdery finish. I agree, the scent seems artificial, but I actually like that fact. Yes, it doesn't smell very natural, but this is a fragrance after all. On me it lasts, just gets very light after a while and thus not very noticeable. I wouldn't applaud this fragrance, but quietly appreciate it.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Parisienne is romantic fragrance. Opens with high floral notes, girly, sweet and pink. Not overly strong, I would say it has nice balance, with the touch of red berries and musky dry down. Nothing remarkable or outstanding, more like high school accessorize. Reminded me little on Muglers Innocent in the beginning.

One hour later I sniffed my hand. Nothing. I sniffed lower towards fingers. Nothing here either. Sniffed the forearm, back arm, wrist, elbow, palm...seems like Parisienne went to Paris.

Aroussa
Aroussa

If Young Sexy Lovely was a bit bland and character-less, this one is way out there! Picture a rose flower, in the center of which is placed a teaspoonful of berry jam... and a few drops of nail varnish sprinkled on top... I still can't figure it out, but PArisienne is the first 'rose' blatantly floral fragrance I was ever moved to purchase. Will be enjoying it this spring. And yes, a little tiny bit of 'dirty skin' smell just might be there. But what's wrong with a little dirty skin? :-)

elgab89
elgab89

Not very original....It has been done before and it has been done better...
The base notes are the best... the start is a little too sharp for my liking. Nothing spectacular about it... i expected more...

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

When I wear Parisienne I feel so sexy and clean! Parisienne is a vintage box with make-up powder, clean clothes, the room´s soap of a luxurious hotel, a dinner in a great restaurant in the center of Paris...I love it, and when I smell this wonderful scent I think about a luxurious, powerful and rich life

yvashche
yvashche

A nice spicy rose. I do get the synthetic comments, it can be overpowering, so spray once, let it settle and spray again because the underlying effect is quite nice but the top notes are off-putting. Not for everyone but suitable for mature and younger ladies.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I can totally smell the violet :) It smells almost like Feerie by Van Cleef & Arpels wich sadly isn´t on the market here in sweden, so i am so glad that there now is an onther perfume now for me with violet :)

Anahi
Anahi

This smells very youthful and bubbly. A great spring/summer scent - nothing too heavy, not too light; smells like fruits and flowers on my skin which I like but the lasting power isn't fab!

Malegria
Malegria

A disappointment! a blah pale synthetic rose - there is a vague reference from Paris, but it`s insignificant.It seems to me that several great perfume houses decided to compete in the dullest perfume for young girls.Where is the twist, where is the core, where is the heart in all this?
Shame!

Jinalda
Jinalda

Many noticed a chemical fleur and that is true. But in fact the dose of chemicals is not critical – it’s only in the top notes. This perfume is targeted on the same market segment as Baby Doll and Young Sexy Lovely. All the adult ladies should stay away! Otherwise they will be disappointed, 'cause it's not for them.

I definitely smelt the rose immediately and it stayed till the very base notes. All the other components are quite secondary, noticed only as shades.
But what’s about the rose? Here is not that rose which leaves elegant, velvety bitter taste in when you breathe in and out it’s aroma. Here is a very sweet and gentle flower which is hardly a bitter one, but still it’s a rose. A true one.

I see some contradiction between the fragrance and the promos – I see it for a young and slightly giddy (in a good way) girl. And that is definitely not for that rock’n’roll driven bold and saucy type of woman that is in promos – though it’s always nice to here the DM song anywhere.)) For that promos it should be the black roses, not the pink ones.

Thinking of the title for some reason I imagined Paris of the end of the 19th century. Not the place like Moulin Rouge though, but the promenade before Eiffel’s tower – young ladies are walking with their mothers, and the smell of fresh roses. No, there is nothing vintage about this scent, but that is definitely about a very young and sweet girl, who hasn't got her bitterness yet. Or lets say – hasn’t grown her thorns yet.

As for the lasting power – I was very surprised when I could clearly detect the smell on the carton rose, which promoter gave to me two weeks back. It also lasted more than 4 hours on my wrist. Not bad result, taking in account that my skin is quite dry.

All in all, quite safe scent, not that chemical to be as cheap as the majority of popular scents for the young ladies, and truly rosy. The olfactory group must be Floral-Fruity, but that is much more floral. I wouldn’t buy it for myself (just not my cup of tea) but as a gift it’s quite acceptable ;) Well, you may always swap a bottle with somebody.

cherebitte
cherebitte

The first time I smelt Parisienne I recoiled a little, but this is entirely typical of scents I end up falling in love with. In fact it's the "love at first sniff" perfumes that rarely stay "loved" with me.

It was all synthetic something with a bit of berry and rose mixed in. Just a bit yucky and fake. That being the case I found myself coming back to the tester each time I had the opportunity. For Christmas then I received the EDP 50ml and Body Lotion gift set and I'm not ashamed to say that every day since I have doused myself in the stuff. It opens with a refreshing berry/rose- the key being fresh to my nose. I'm extremely fond of heavy scents but many do catch in my throat. I could probably drink this stuff and it wouldn't irritate. The drydown is slightly disappointing by comparison with a fairly gentle generic woody base. Sadly sillage isn't great on me and within a few hours I find it hard to detect though layering with the lotion prolongs it's life.

I can't say why this perfume has me hooked so much- it's not even within my favourite olfactive group- but for the time being at least it's all I want to wear.

In three words: Charming, Berries and Roses.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Too sweet and "jammy" for me. Like the urban, nail polish-like notes though.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A rosey, classier cousin of the effervescent Armani Diamonds.

The start is sparkling, fizzy & fresh but much more delicate than AD. There is a similar sherbet-sweetness to this scent but a delicious sour cranberry note balances it before it goes super-sonic.

Fom then on until the end of its short-lived life, it is a sweet, diluted rose scent.

BUT, where are the woods? The cosmetic bag lipstick & compact? Lacquer? Vinyl? Asphalt?

YSL, you seductively whisper to me of daring & edgey perfume scent-sations & even wave Kate Moss before my eyes .....but all I find is a pretty, innocent, fragile flower that pales into insignificance beside her noisy, older Paris sisters & would be instantly crushed, smashed & trashed under the Moss high heel of cool.

As soon as I saw the commercial with the always beautiful Kate Moss, i knew i had to have it! It smells very pretty, then becomes interesting as the woodsy notes take over. Not one of my favorites, but I do enjoy it and find myself wearing it often.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

A dazzling scent of sheer opulent florals and lingering medley of crisp, exotic fruit.
Users will be enthralled by the vivacious, charming and bold scent. It's not exactly 'sexy' or 'sensual', but you could call it 'flirtatious'.

The lasting power is an absolute joke however.

lucifera
lucifera

i agree with libertybelle, it's a nice rose scent but the lack of lastingpower is a reason for not buying it..too bad because it could be a good purchase for warmer days

This one goes on very blackberry and rose, quite simple and lovely. It passes through a stage very close to what I get with Bvlgari Rose Absolute, a sweet and fruity floral. Then the Sandalwood comes up a bit too strongly for me, diluting the fresh berry scent with an almost alcohol astringent that is at once too sharp and too woody for the rose/berry blend. I like the idea of cutting the sweet fruity rose with a wood, but this one is the wrong wood on my skin, probably due to my iffy relationship with sandalwoods. Overall, it’s quite lovely. This is a fruit scent that in no way smells young or d’jour like so many of the fruity florals out there these days. It smells restrained and feminine without being powdery or pink; just a little sweet without smelling like food, candy or cloying sugar; the sandalwood edge keeps it from being too gentle, for those who can wear sandalwood.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Wow! What a bouncy, fruity almsost....effervescent smell this has. It's all about the cranberry and rose. I'ts got a nice clean vibe to it, in the way that..it smells refreshing like a fruity drink.
The floral element is bright and youthful and remids me of spring, this is going to be gorgeous in summer.
I like the bottle, kind of like a pink crystal, and the perfume is definately coloured corectly. Light pink...just like the smell.

libertybelle
libertybelle

At first I was disapointed because even after a few sprays, this perfume didn't seem to have much fragrance to it. After a minute or so, it settled in. Mostly what struck me was the cranberry element to it. That seemed to dominate to me. I really wanted more rose and as such felt disapointed. Staying power isn't that great either. After a few hours, it's faded quite a bit. Sorry, this doesn't smell like the city streets of Paris to me.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Can't agree more with sofiii's review here. That's exactly how it smelt to me - at the start mouthwatering berries and juicy fruitiness then it turned quite quickly into this synthetic powdery smell with something plastic in it.
That's a bummer as the concept and the ad is SO appealing to me, the bottle is gorgeous too. If I would have to pick up a fragrance blindly, this would be it. But luckily, I smelled it first.

guest_A. Rose

What a lovely, hazy dream. Opening on a sterile burst of creamy rose and dark, jammy berries, evolving into lusher roses against creamy-polished sandalwood and wet skin scent, "Parisienne" actually reminded me vaguely of "Joy by Jean Patou". The "vinyl" essence offers a quality similar to what benzoin gives to a fragrance; smooth, slightly resiny but squeaky-clean and adding to the creamy quality of the sandalwood. The blackberry-rose accords are slightly reminiscent of Bvlgari's "Rose Essentielle" but evolve into something more distinctive, as a fresh, pink rose feels glossed-over by raindrops and accompanied by sugared violet drops, with rain pouring on oil-slicked asphalt in the background, adding an edgy, masculine quality to an otherwise hyper-feminine blend.

The house of Yves Saint Laurent always manages to capture that raw, ancient sensuality that distinctly defines French fragrance (even in such a mainstream blend as this one); the juxtaposition of clean and dirty, sweet and raunchy, feminine and masculine. While "Parisienne" has a floaty, chiffon-like prettiness to it, there's also a hint of coffee and cigarettes, beautifully carved tombs and tunnels, that rare Paris quality of roughness, the harshness of life against the gentle moments and polished beauty; passion, uncontrived gorgeousness. There are no screenprinted signs or immaculate lighting in this establishment, just raw beauty, messy around the edges and creative, intellectual abandon.

neve
neve

Chic and softly sexy. Fruity and bright. Not incredibly original but a very pleasant blend. It just makes me feel serene. Love the ad with Kate Moss playing with the roses, so sensuous.

jatzzie
jatzzie

Oh, this is so nice! It's warm, rosy and sophisticated, like YSL's perfumes tend to be (minus the roses :D). I own YSL's Elle and even tho scentwise, these two fragrances have virtually nothing in common but in feeling, they are similiar. Something great for the office, a day in the city or some special event, I think this fragrance is perfect for that.I like it.:)

miszliz
miszliz

i love the smell but not really for a perfume. got a lot of compliments during wearing it. but if someone asks
i tell them its just a perfume for my hair. and i do only spray it on my hair. very fresh and longlasting.
i use it just for work or when i go shopping, only the casual things.
it never lets me down by turning up my mood but its nothing more than ordinary and it doesnt have character at all. nothing special and it could be never a signature scent, but nice to have

misscareyann

I'm submitting a second review for this since I've worn this to my job.
I've gotten many compliments on how nice I smell. The fragrance kept me feeling fresh for the duration of my entire shift (and I work in a smoky casino). It was not overpowering or offensive.
Many people noted the rose in the fragrance and thought it was very pretty. I love how the cranberry hides behind the rose discreetly and the rose never wilts.
Since I work in a party and club environment, I would recommend this for dates, or nights out on the town.

sofiii
sofiii

Parisienne is an interesting perfume and I tried to like it but unfortunatelly it's not my cup of tea.

Parisienne starts with a burst of really nice, mouth-watering delicious and fresh floral fruity scent, I can smell the cranberries with some faint floral hint. The start is really pleasant and somehow I guess it could be a slight younger version of Paris(which I like).

However, within 5 minutes, all the nice fresh scent's gone completely! What I've got left on my skin is some kinda of powdery-thick-earthy-sweet, tranditional-Chinese-medicine/herbe kinda of smell. Maybe it's the patchouli+Vetiver combo?

After about one hour, a really plastic cosmetic bag scent came and this vinyl scent could be interesting, but on me, this scent and the earlier patchouli+vetiver combo just blend in a heavy/smoky/dusty way which I really don't like.

Well, Parisienne has something reminds me Diamonds by Armani, (I gave away my Diamond edp due to the dislike of heavy/dusty feeling there). So if you like Diamonds, maybe you will find Parisienne nice.

However, Parisienne isn't my typical imagination of a real Parisienne and sorry, I've tried more than twice, we just don't have the right chemistry.

guest_A. Rose

Airy roses preserved in benzoin and sandalwood resin. Something creamy-plasticky seems to have been added to newer sandalwood in order to give it the oily-richness of mature sandal. "Parisienne" is lovely in a smooth, yet old-world way, where the simplicity of the rose/sandalwood combo gives the impression of days gone by, while the modernized vetiver and polished quality of the blend keeps it in the moment. A soft, pretty blend that, while mainstream in its sensiblity, still manages to evoke the intellectual challenge of historical, french fragrance.

guest_lulu
guest_lulu

Im suprised at those who thought that Parisienne came off as a little too strong, cause I personally had to apply it twice to get it to smell.

I detected hints of exotic fruit in this, and the olfactive notes were very well structured together. Clean cut florals and exotic fruit well blended.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Yes its sweet ,but not overly so. The violet and that makeupbag-laquer-tone balances the sweetness fine. Its not quite my cup of tea,but its sensuois in a modern,maybe a cold kind of sexiness way. Its modern,chic and very much " big city" ,no romance there , but very enjoyable on the right person . Smells class and quality . Staying power is also very good.
....and the drydown...wow ...

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

Like Taydev says, magazine samples can trick you. I smelled this about a month ago in a sample, and thought it smelled nice, so I wanted to test it.
Yesterday I sprayed some Parisienne on, and it was so incredibly sweet! I don't dislike sweet perfumes, but this was really too sweet for me. It smelled obnoxious, I wanted to wash it off, because I found it very irritating.
So, I won't buy this.

misscareyann

I first smelled this in a magazine and loved it. I immediately bought the fragrance and lotion.
When first sprayed, the lacquer came on strong, but quickly dried to the wonderful fragrance I experienced in the magazine. Fruity tones, but not overly fruity, that mix well with the woody notes, and there is still a tiny hint of nail polish and leather, which I normally wouldn't like, but the fruity elements balance out the fragrance.
I like the whiff I get every once in a while when wearing it

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

The first spray was I thought it was similar to Paris, but as it started developing it does not smell like Paris at all, I do smell what they call vinyl note, I don't know if I would call it vinyl, but it does smell a little synthetic. It's ok but I would not purchase for the retail price.

taydev
taydev

well ive only smelt it in a magazine sample and we all know how that tricks us sometimes. i did smell the berry in it on paper and its a likeable fragrance so far. hmmmm...wonder how it'll react on my skin??

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

Firstly,I must say that i liked that fragrance when i first smelled it. Classical rose essence,which is common in Baby Doll or Dolce Vita too, is fresher this time with berry notes.Parisienne gives a good and light feeling, but makes you ask yourself; "Is it ordinary?". I'm not very sure about it but this fragrance will be one of the most weared fragrances of this season. Oh and it's not longlasting.

toocute.218
toocute.218

I was drawn to this one recently after smelling in it a magazine ad. About two days later my husband surprised me with it when I came home. I agree that it is not an overly fruity girly teeny bop smell, but not old lady either. It is deep rich fruity floral with a tad spiciness to it. I would say a little more special occasion, but could be worn as an everyday signature fragrance. It is beautiful fragrance and i love it!

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

Parisienne is very classy and feminin.A perfume not for everyday but for special occasions.It´s lasting power is quite good on me which is very rare. I wore it last night and I could smell it on me the whole evening. I also have the body lotion and the shower gel which makes is even more present. It has a very strong rose note.For me all other notes are more in the backround.Berries are there, yes, but still the roses come through more dominant. It is also quite sweet but in a balanced way. I love it. It is one of my favorites at the moment.

rainydays
rainydays

I thought I wouldn't like this much at all... I expected an old, powdery floral. But surprise surprise, I was really drawn to it! The berry notes are almost a little soapy (not too sweet at all), and the floral notes are modern and youthful. I know the description says there's a vinyl note, but I didn't catch anything of the sort (thank goodness!). The entire composition is beautiful, romantic, bright, and makes me smile.

nasus s
nasus s

Mmmm. I like like how sweet the top notes are- they remind me of a very sweet red berry after dinner wine. However, this didn't last long on me at all- I barely smelled it after an hour or two. I thought with the patchouli, & sandalwood the dry down would be more noticeable. I was considering getting the 1.oz bottle, but think I will pass for now only because this just isn't that unique at the moment and I have so many sweet scents already. Also, the bottle reminds me of antique crystal salt and pepper shakers.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Parisienne is good.Full stop.

YSL for me, is all about their early scents,opium,yvresse,paris etc. I couldn't care less about late attempts such as Cinema and elle.(Nu stood out magnificently but it was too peculiar I guess to make a living.)
Parisienne breaks a long chain of boring Paris-look alikes and makes a statement.
It is very modern, very dry/salty, very long lasting despite its "airiness", very femminine in the pink way.

The bottle with the leathery detail is a work of art. It is worth owning this one.After all, it's a Grojsman!

Evel
Evel

I disagree with most people here and really like this new one by YSL. I wasn't a fan of Elle, tried it once and never again. This one i will definately wear. Its tart and sweetish, a good everyday scent. I am a big Paris fan, nothing can replace that classic, but i will find a space in my heart for Parisienne aswell...

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

So weak it lasted about two minutes on me. Don't waste your money if you can get any of the special versions of "Paris". This won't last to be a classic.

guest_angel
guest_angel

Disappointed with this one, I wanted to love it but no, it's just another light-fruity-floral aimed at young girls, it would seem. No character at all.

Le sigh.

faith24
faith24

I really wanted to like another creation by YSL. I have been disappointed with Elle and I hoped YSL would redeem itself with Parisienne- the concept and the marketing campaign with Kate Moss in tow implied a dark sultry dramatic perfume.

Instead we received a very weak (lasting power is below one hour) raspberry juice with a slight hint of powder in a base. No rose to speak of. Adding to the insult, this "perfume" smells strangely similar to Promesse by Cacharel. And, unfortunately, Promesse smells slightly better. YSL has a reputation to uphold, with so many classic fragrances but Parisienne smells like something Paris Hilton would wear and produce.

Indian Scents
Indian Scents

I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the perfume and I sampled it when it did. This is a light perfume suitable for day/office wear not at all musky/woody or heavy.

guest_pansylady
guest_pansylady

violets and sea salt- very nice...

jonr951
jonr951

Found it at Macys 2day and i just love love love love love it!! Its sweet and just lovely. The bottle is 2 die 4! Its like a more sophisticated version of Unconditional Love and its opening is rather like the sweetness of CanCan. I really like it but im sure alot of people wont. It seems geared alittle towards the younger crowd. Its nice though and one should give it a try! Nice job YSL!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Unfortunately I found Parisienne to be a typical floral. Where's the bold aromas of vinyl and lacquer? I surely didn't pick up on that or get the reminder of a cosmetic bag nor hot city asphalt. Nothing out of the ordinary here, not exactly bad either.

enigmatict
enigmatict

The only original thing about this fragrance is that it has lovely top notes. I smell rose and peony, but then it ends up smelling like Flora by Gucci (don't like it)!

ydee
ydee

I really love it from the first sniff.
Brightness of the berries gives is just only the first 10 minutes a fruity note, but very nicely.
Than it is delicious, sweet but not too much, I do smell hints of Paris and Babydoll in it but different, and more woody.
The woody drydown is very lovely.
It last long at me, could smell it the next morning still on my arm.

LiLascents
LiLascents

Well, let me try this thing. I've been waiting for this perfume to come out forever. I spotted it on a webshop maybe 4 months ago, but offcourse it wasn't in stock yet. Since a few days it is in my country, I already bought a mini online and got a sample in a store. I'm not one for fruity florals, so this was a chalenge for me. I do love 'Paris'. I want to love this. It's interesting though I don't love it...yet. It starts of very bright, some berry thing. Like it, don't love it. But the drydown is more woody (which I love dearly) with still that brightness in it. I think this one will do well in rainy weather. I can compare it a little to Boudoir Sin Garden. Not the smell, but the feel of the perfume.
I do like it. And I'm going to wear this untill I love it. ;)
'Paris' is my aunts signature fragrance from the time it came on the market, I want this to become one of mine. (sorry, as with men; there is no 'the one')

Fundevila
Fundevila

Fabulous...
Parisienne is a perfume romantic and carnal.

Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent 3.61 out of 5 based on 2268 ratings and 357 user reviews

Sephora.com, Inc.
Sephora.com, Inc.
Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Gift Set 1.6oz
Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Travel Selection Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz Body Lotion 50ml 1.6oz 2pcs
Parisienne Perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, 3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Parisienne Perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, 3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Eau De Parfum Spray 90ml 3oz
Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Eau De Parfum Spray 90ml 3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.