Designers » T-Z » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Parisienne Eau de Toilette Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

ozonic
aldehydic

One year after introducing Parisienne Eau de Perfume, Yves Saint Laurent will launch Parisienne Eau de Toilette in June 2010. Following in footsteps of Sophie Labbe and Sophia Grojsman, the Parisienne Eau de Toilette is inspired by the mysterious eroticism of Parisian woman.

Parisienne Eau de Toilette maintains floral, timeless and feminine character. Top notes are surprisingly modern with vinyl reminding of lacquer, stilettos and high heels. Besides vinyl, top notes include aldehyde and gentle rose scent. Heart notes are composed of Damascus roses, lily of the valley and violet leaves. Musk and suede in the base leave a smooth and sensual trace, while iris assures a sophisticated powdery effect.

The fragrance comes in a pink bottle with a golden cap which is slimmer than Parisienne EDP. Parisienne Eau de Toilette is available in bottles of 50 and 90ml. The face of this edition is Kate Moss.

Rose Aldehydes

Diva Rose

Parisienne Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Lumiere
Lumiere

On my velvet jacket this perfume stayed on and on, from the early morning through whole day of shopping and then evening with Amarige on my hair. Later on I thought, what is this beautiful aroma in this corner of the room? Then I realised it is my jacket I was wearing all day. Humble courdroy velvet jacket became Parisenne and stylish:).

This perfume reminds me of my auntie and her mother. Both very stylish ladies, they loved clothes, lipsticks, and air in their house was full of something stirringly feminine and yet unknown to me, but because of this even more desirable...Fashionable dresses, heels, loose powder, guitar on the cozy canape, round table, and aromas of flowers in their garden through the open window. And their conversations about who is dating who, who is a good marriage candidate, and how attractive that tall military man was.

Little my daughter knows that this is going to be her BD gift and a new signature, after 3rd bottle of Baby Doll as her signature. I am sure sje will like it, as baring similarity to the latter but a step up to being grown up.

piluna
piluna

A floral rose powdery scent. Very light powder though. Can't say it is exiting or blows my mind. Staying power is low. Disappears after an hour...

annettepe
annettepe

i used to be a bit on the fence bout this fragrance and dont know what to think of it, but since i live in hot and humid weather i sometimes prefer to wear lighter perfumes instead of my usual gourmands. ive grown to love this perfume so much. its so classy and sophisticated. its a very soft, inoffensive and pleasant scent. i would definitely consider this a floral scent.

in the opening i smell a sweet rose and somehow i smell the sweetness of litchi even though that note is not listed. after this it dries down to a true rose thats naturally sweet and a sheer mixture of other florals. this scent makes me feel so expensive. the downside is that the EDT only lasts for about 2 hours so when i wear this scent i have to carry the perfume bottle with me to respray it. but its worth it because i love the smell so much. its definitely very suitable for hot weather.

i find that the EDP smells a bit heavier, less sweet and in a sense more mature. so i definitely prefer the EDT as it is more youthful in my opinion. the price is very expensive though considering the longevity.

Some may wonder, and not without reason: What is the purpose of PARISIENNE eau de toilette, launched one year after the eau de parfum? One reason is obviously just to launch something. They had the bottle idea, they had done massive marketing, now a follow-up could be successful too, parasitic as it was on its predecessor in many different ways.

Is the eau de toilette merely a weaker solution of the eau de parfum, as one might well expect? No, the compositions are slightly different. However, they are far more similar than they are different, with the result that most consumers will probably not notice the difference at all. From the notes, it might seem as though this eau de toilette would be more complex than the eau de parfum. Aldehydes? Really? In fact, they are not detectable to my nose. The vinyl listed among the notes of both of these versions of PARISIENNE is also quite light, which is good news for people such as myself who have a low tolerance for vinyl and plastic notes. I wonder, actually, whether it helps or hurts to list vinyl among the notes of a perfume?

In any case, PARISIENNE edt is less sweet than the edp. I smell wood in the drydown more than I do in the edp but the red berries are pretty much the same, as is the abstract floral quality. Overall, this, too, is a fairly generic pink fruity-floral fragrance geared toward younger consumers. I think that the quality of these two fragrances is slightly higher than that found among compositionally similar celebrity scents, but these are not perfumes which I myself would buy. They are much more about red berries than they are about rose.

kwarnst
kwarnst

I had a sample of the eau de parfum version of Parsienne and I loved it, I wanted to order a full size, and bought the eau de toilette version by mistake. And to be honest: I regret that mistake, I prefer the Edp.

The fragrance starts very sweet and fresh, and the scent is packed with the juicy sweetness of berries. The heart is build on several flowers, rose and lily of the valley among them but it
contains a very synthetic note as well (I guess that should be the vinyl accord). I dislike the synthetic character; it is harsh and too present, it disturbs the harmony of the fragrance.
The drydown contains musk, suede and iris, which give the fragrance a more sensual and powdery feel.

I think this fragrance is glamorous, very modern, romantic but with an edgy twist at the same time. I imagine this fragrance to be worn by a young, very confident en selfconscious woman. It is fresh and in my opinion very suitable for summer.
I like the opening, I like the drydown, but I can’t look beyond the harsh synthetic heart. This is just not my cup of tea. I like it better on fabric than on my skin though; it develops in a nicer, more gentle way and it lasts much longer.

I like the elegant design of the bottle. Lasting power is average.

polinkasuperova
polinkasuperova

i think this scent is perfect for summer very light and girly

t_russell335
t_russell335

A soapy rose that's slightly powdery and reminds me of Chloe. Although less "antiquey" and more soapy.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have the edp and I have to spray it in my ponytail to smell it all day or on my neck at the back on the hair. I know some of you would not like to spray it in your hair but I find that most perfumes I have to do that to get them to last. Or on the inside of clothing then you can smell it all day. The edt is very shrill it shrieks but the perfume is denser and the cranberry or black current I am not sure what the note is I haven't checked but it is much stronger in the edp. The edt is more rosy like the Paris pefumes but more modern.

I really like the scent and would have bought it , if it didn't have such bad lasting power. I had samples several times and every time it just didn't last. Therefore it is too expensive.

cutebarbie84
cutebarbie84

on me this perfume is very sweet and juicy and stays for hours and hours , i have the EDT version!! i used to love it :) but i start to feel a bit bored of the scent!!!

raintree
raintree

I am a fan of rose, however, really can't bear on vinyl. Big bottle left untouch in wardrobe :(
Nice bottle , just that.

adrienn99
adrienn99

I cannot quite complain on the staying power. It is more like the fragrance itself, it smell very synthetic on me. On the other hand it does not represent anything unique.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

EDP version is great,but EDT not so much for me.Maybe becouse of aldehydes here

svetlanacbn
svetlanacbn

This is such a happy scent!!! I like wearing it, especially during the winter and early spring days. I like Baby Doll too, but Parisienne seems to have a longer lasting power.

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

I agree that it's staying power is incredibley lame, but the juice smells so glamorous and modern. I wish it could hold out a little more than 45 minutes...

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

I swear, this Eau De Toilette version better be worth it, because I had to spray the Eau De Parfum about 1000 times to get any effect.

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

Nope, its really poor on me as well. I was actually thinking the same thing.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I cant believe they made an EDT version of and EDP that barely stays more than an hour on the skin... Maybe the staying power is greater on others.

Parisienne Eau de Toilette by Yves Saint Laurent 3.65 out of 5 based on 150 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parisienne Eau de Toilette by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parisienne Eau de Toilette by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.