Designers » T-Z » Floral Green « Groups

Rive Gauche Intense Yves Saint Laurent for women

Rive Gauche Intense Yves Saint Laurent for women

Rive Gauche Intense by Yves Saint Laurent is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Rive Gauche Intense was launched in 2003. Top notes are bergamot, amalfi lemon, green notes and aldehydes; middle notes are gardenia, ylang-ylang, honeysuckle and rose; base notes are vetyver, sandalwood, patchouli, oak moss, amber and myrhh.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Green Notes Aldehydes

Gardenia Ylang-Ylang Honeysuckle Rose

vetyver Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Amber Myrhh

En Avril Un Soir (original)

Rive Gauche Intense Fragrance Reviews

Closer to the original than the disasterous reformulation. The original is still far superior. If you have this choice available you may want to give it a try. I imagine this intense version is discontinued because bottles are all in the $100 dollar range now on eBay.

I love the original and bought the intense and I can't even test it. It's just way to much for me. Perhaps I will try to test it again in the future.

Had been so looking forward to getting this! I am a lover of the original. I smell nothing green to be honest. This is like a gritty, grimy, grungy Gauche - initially I didn't recognise the smell but in the drydown along came the familiar waft just more 'intense' as it says on the can ... !!!

I love this - the aldehydes hit you first (inasmuch the same way as the original) then I get the rose, vetiver and myrrh! It still has the softness of the original but with a bit of oomph!

As with the original very good silage and a long-lasting perfume.

It's virtually impossible to find here in the UK so I am going to treasure my refill bottle that I managed to acquire!

It is just like the rest of the re-formulated versions nowadays without announcement which indeirectly translated as cheating the consumers like us.

Even the original hs been re-formulated to an almost unrecognised frangrance which is sickeningly bland and flat.

This intense version has nothing intense if compared to the original vintage version despite being not intense but at least this is launched as a flanker but still did no justice to the original vintage though except for the name and bottle (minus the new colors.

It is really sad as the newer generation has missed many many wonderful opportunities to savor and experience the beautiful originals vintage as they were really delightful much time, thoughts and effort were put into in their creations.

I bought this one by mistake when I intended to buy the original. Seriously, no idea where my head is half the time. Let this be a learning experience to me.

Well, Rive Gauche Intense has been interesting. I've never smelled anything remotely like it. For lovers of the original, Intense might be your cup of tea. Black black tea. All the notes that make the original so confident and signature have been amplified in this version.

At first bite, metallic. Sharp sharp metallic. From the cold metal of the bottle to the sting of the spray on my tender skin to the assault on my nose . . . !! Whew! Once you've smelled it, you'll never forget. Not necessarily unpleasant, but very very alien. It does soften down after a bit, but I find the natural elements side-by-side with the prevailing metal character to be off-putting. The image I have is of a clammy hand sweating on the metal knob of a door it doesn't want to open.

I don't have the confidence to open that door and pull this one off.

Plus I was never a fan of myrrh.

So final verdict, this is something everyone should at least *try*, and for the lucky few that are chosen, they'll have a scent out of this world. Think spaceships.

I love this perfume. It is elegant, feminine and long lasting.

it's perfect for special ocasssions in winter and fall

actually it's not a floral green frangance,it's floral aldehyde just like all the other rive gauche editions...the description above is actually the description of rive gauche for men and not that of rive gauche intense for women...rive gauche for men is the one that features patchouli, lavender, gaiac wood and bergamot and it belongs to the Aromatic green group...while rive gauche intense for women features aldehydes,rose,oakmoss,vetiver and myrrh and belongs to the floral aldehydes group...rive gauche intense is a concentrated eau de toilette,an intense signature,a self assured fragrance..deeper and stronger than eau de emphasizes the vetiver,oakmoss and myrrh notes for a more sensual and evocating all can verify this review by visiting the official yves saint laurent

Rive Gauche Intense by Yves Saint Laurent 4.00 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rive Gauche Intense by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rive Gauche Intense by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.