Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men

Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense is a stronger version of the original perfume, launched in 2003. Unique, modern, avan garde fragrance for men. Its wooden - fougere composition includes notes of bergamot, star anise and rosemary at the beginning, clove, lavender and geranium in the heart of the perfume, while the base features patchouli, vetiver, Guaiac wood and tonka.

Rosemary Bergamot Star Anise

Lavender Geranium Clove

vetyver Patchouli Guaiac Wood Tonka Bean

Rive Gauche pour Homme

Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense Fragrance Reviews

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

A classic barbershop scent. I love the way this brings me back to my childhood at the barbershop in our neighborhood in NY. Some might even think of a country club's bathroom. It's perfect for men over the age of 25. It's clean, fresh and timeless. The intense version is much better then the original. It's worth looking into. Also a great wedding frag. Not strong enough to overpower the groom but loud enough to get acknowledged. I love it. Happy Hunting!

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Let me start off by saying that I am a HUGE fan of the regular Rive Gauche Pour Homme, so for me, it would be difficult to improve upon. And for me, this intense version has been tweaked, but I don't prefer it over the original. With that said, I also glad that I have both.
My perception seems to differ a bit from some of the other reviewers. To me, this intense version is slightly sweeter, less aromatic...heavier and perhaps even a little "sticky". I believe it comes from the sweet wood being cranked up a bit, and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just that I am a fan of the rosemary/anise combo that is beautifully aromatic. I do find that this intense version might be suited to night wear a little more. Both versions have incredible longevity and sillage that will be noticed.
If you are a fan of Rive Gauche, then having both versions and even the light version is very justifiable. If I had to pick just one or was just a casual wearer, I would certainly pick the original.

terreri
terreri

I'd like to first say that I disagree with some earlier reviews saying it's totally different to the original EDT. To me, this is exactly what it says on the tin....INTENSE!! I get everything out of this version that the original doesn't deliver, longevity, sillage, sophistication.

The man who wears this is a self-assured character, not one of these new-age fandangily, metro-sexual types!! A gentleman of some standing who's not afraid to make a bold statement. This scent will definitely set you apart in a room.

I wear this to work, socially, or formal dinners and it always does its job. When I first sprayed it I honestly thought someone had sold me the normal EDT, but the heavier aromas of star anise and clove started to really take over and live up to its "intense" branding. I've not long finished my EDT Rive Gauche but having now tried this version I shall certainly be re-purchasing. I personally find the best place to spray is right round the collar line...I don't get much sillage from my wrists or upper chest.

First, dab sampling: It seems like the idea was to increase the longevity of the opening significantly (compared to the original). I never got to the dusty, woody/patchouli dominated base that one finds in the original, but that may be because I fell asleep before it got there. So, this seems to be the one to buy if you want that dry yet soft anise and rosemary dominant fougere element to last. For those who don't know, this is not a fougere in that searing Drakkar Noir style. I consider that type of scent to be "barbershop," not this one.

Endymion
Endymion

To my surprise I have just realised wearing it that it's not really an intense version of the original Rive Gauche!
Yes, it's different, however not better :(
The main difference is that it's less complex and much more "green". I miss something(s) in it.
The original is a big winner for me, but Intense is so-so... :(

Finisterle
Finisterle

I remember leaving the store thinking - this is a mature and round bodied Kouros sans fecal note - excellent !

But it wasn't. It grew tired and old with nothing whatsoever to say on the way home. I owned two bottles, now thankfully gone.

RAG1987
RAG1987

Everytime I wear this I feel great, I love the classic barbershop vibe and for me this lasts a long time. I only have the one bottle so I try not to use it too much as getting a refill is proving pretty difficult :-( but overall this is a brilliant fragrance just a shame it's discontinued 10/10

nero77
nero77

This is definitely an aromatic fougere fragrance. The dark woody notes make it unique and interesting to wear. I must admit I was turned off by the mention of the whole "barbershop" vibe. But now I'm sure that this one stands out as a very dark and greenish woody fragrance that will suit most users and can be worn as a day or night time scent. I find it an intriguing one to wear and would certainly recommend it.

vgd
vgd

not old but young yet and almost modern even its barber chracter(less than ph). Clean, spicy and woody. IMO special and signature scent for nights in four seasons.

lovescully
lovescully

This is way more than just an intense version of the original Rive Gauche Pour Homme. Although it retains a hint of the ‘barbershop’ characteristic that the original is famous for, this is much darker and less fresh.

Where the original strongly reminds me of ‘old school’ shaving crème, this intense version has added a certain heavier mysterious spiciness that takes it off in another direction. I suppose I would say that where the original is perfect for daytime use, this version should be reserved for night.

If I'm totally honest with myself, I actually think I prefer the original Rive Gauche composition over this 'intense' version. The original always had a fresh uplifting quality that I don’t really detect here. However, there’s no denying that this is a high quality fragrance. I applied this at 7:15am this morning and now as I sit here having lunch at my desk at nearly 1:00pm I can clearly still detect its spicy presence.

This one gets both thumbs up from me, but don’t just buy it blind (like I did) if you are simply looking for a stronger version of the original. This is a unique and totally original winner from Yves Saint Laurent!

calyx93
calyx93

Love this juice - nothing to add to the above review other than I love it. So rich and well, intense - as the name implies. Rather hard to find so I've stocked up several refills - well worth tracking down if you like the original Rive Gauche PH.

missan
missan

This is really very different from the normal. Darker concentrated patchouli, very strong long lasting, nice flowers.
Unique.

Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense by Yves Saint Laurent 4.43 out of 5 based on 80 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.