Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Vice Versa Yves Saint Laurent for women

Vice Versa Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Vice Versa Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Vice Versa Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Vice Versa was launched 1999 as a limited edition fragrance, followed by the make-up collection of the same name (as it was the case with In Love Again the previous year). It is created in cooperation with perfumer Karine Dubreuil, bringing the composition of rich colors, fresh, fruity and floral, represented in the following shades: red, orange and pink. The fragrance plays with opposites; it is sweet and savory, simple and sophisticated.

Top notes are Chinese mandarin, cherry tomato and raspberry. The heart flourishes with bluebell, tuberose, peony, orange blossom, freesia and Indian jasmine emphasizing the femininity of the composition, together with fruity aromas of blueberry, peach and melon. Florentine iris, amber, musk, vanilla and cedar are in the finish.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

Grain de Folie

Vice Versa Fragrance Reviews

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Very strong dusty tomato with raspberry and blueberry after-math. It is unique and no comparison for some abovementioned. Too bad, it's discontinued. On the other hand- I have it in my huge collection, so may be it is not to bad.

ageletou
ageletou

I still have one kept safely in its BOX, which I use it in very Special occasions. It was one of my favourite perfumes ever - a perfume that I fell in love with and I never "forgiven" YSL for stop selling it. It is a sweet perfume with a unique in my opinion smell. I wish I could find a similar smell like this again....

giola
giola

Nice memories, best raspberry scent!

I was a child in the 90s when my mother got a small sample of this perfume. She gave it to me and I sniffed the sample and it was something I've never smelled before. The scent of this perfume was strange and incredible. I held tight to the small sample and never used the liquid inside because I wanted to save it forever.

Now 18 years later my sample is lost somewhere. I wish you could find this perfume somewhere or perhaps another perfume with a tomato note that was similar to this.

smellarama
smellarama

All I can say is that I hope YSL will bring it back!

I miss it so badly! Sigh.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Oh my god, I just saw this photo of Vice Versa and remembered that I had a bottle of it years ago! I never did finish it and I may still have it around somewhere (I'l have to rummage around to see if I can find it!). So, if it is discontinued and anyone's looking for it then feel free to contact me and I'll see if I can locate my bottle of it!

krmarich
krmarich

This limited edition was another diversion to the gourmand tend of YSL. I was only pernitted a sample once years ago. This one was beautiful as it was strange. Of all gourmands, this held the most floral notes. I am talking those rich and redolent YSL florals. It was avant garde, even for YSL.

In the midst of the citrus notes and flowers is a lot of fruit. Neroli harmonizes well here with the sunny character. There is a strange green note that must be the tomato leaves. Its surprising. I didnt get the tomato note, yet I am sure its there amid all the vegetation. Its refreshing and mature.

There was nothing heavy about it and it was a perfect summer edition. It reminded me of Atlantis. It has passed into legend as well...

meligonlan
meligonlan

One of my favorites! It smells like tomatos dipped in a champagne glass. So different so zesty and classy.

Norgirl

Juhu finaly i got my hands one a big bottle off this perfume again.
it is so feminin sensuel. fresh , clean and sophisticated to me .
the freshnes off red berrys miksed so well whit whit flowers , not just Tuberose , but others to , and the lovely tomato leaf note mmm. it sounds strange , but it is very nice in this one .
And this one last for a long long time , strong and fresh all day longe.

im so so happy i found this again.

malumalukucing
malumalukucing

2 words: TOMATO LEAVES. so in love with this. amazing.

Norgirl

Looking at the notes on this again . i reamember ther was some tomato leafs in it asweel.. a very unik smell back then i remember, I found it very different and whit many different notes . so im very surprised not to see more notes listed . but maybe im remembering it wrong...

SingaporeGirl1975
SingaporeGirl1975

When I bought it in London in 2000, I was told it was limited edition. Private collectors might be the few people still with a bottle. Good luck!

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This was quite a distictive fragrance, I used to quite like it and remember it was quite dominantly orange scented- think I mainly loved it for it's bottle though.

distortech
distortech

First off, I hold YSL in very high regard. However, there are $1 hairsprays that smell better this. From the second I put it it on all I wanted was for it to end. Seriously, dreadfully bad.

guest_annmarie
guest_annmarie

I loved this perfume, brings back so many good memories from my young carefree and single days.. bring i9t back!!!!

vuelo
vuelo

Agree with Nuria Rose, it resambles ketchup smell a lot.

guest_Lulu
guest_Lulu

Very good perfume, a had it when I was 17 years old (ten years ago). Did not find it in Portugal, but in Enlgand on the airport back then...a long time ago.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

So good.
So short-lived.
So impossible to find.
Vice/Versa.
It was girly/womanly,
sparkling like a miracle/approachable like an orange trees garden,
for daywear/nightwear.

Alice in wonderland indeed.

guest_PINKITTY
guest_PINKITTY

I LOVE THE SMELL. IT REMEMBER ME THE WINTER 1999.
IT REMEMBER ME THE FIRST TIME I SEE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, AND NOW WE ARE MARRIED AND IM PREGNANT, I MISS THIS PERFUM SOOOOO MUCH...
IT IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE....
IT WAS THE BEST YEAR I EVER HAD, I MISS THAT TIME....
WISH COULD TURN BACK TIME JUST 2 ENJOY AGAIN WHEN I WAS A TENAGE, NOW IM 27..

allexa27
allexa27

i was ecpecting something very heavy and lil retro but it is not anything like this.It is too light ,or at least too light for my nose which is used to havier smells.It is perfect for summer,non offensive smell.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This brings some memories,my older sister had this when i was a little girl and i loved the bottle because of the heart shape.I liked the smell back then,but i dont really remember exactly how it smelled.It was kinda floral and soft.Maybe also like some perfumes from the 80`s..

ruxxy
ruxxy

i really loved this one because of its classy and spicy smell; it has indeed a hint of tomato leaf, but still a very agreeable perfume. too bad it can't be found anymore!:(

Nuppu
Nuppu

Vice Versa did have quite stong tomato and tomatoleaf smell, I didn't like so savory foody things then and probably now either.

Vice Versa by Yves Saint Laurent 4.00 out of 5 based on 108 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Vice Versa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Vice Versa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vice Versa by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vice Versa by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.