Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

dislike

herbal
Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver Yves Saint Laurent for men Videos
Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent launched the iconic fragrance Kouros in 1981. Kouros Silver, coming out in 2015, is a new, modern interpretation of the classic. It is intended for summer season, fresher and cooler than the original.

Created by perfumers Michel Girard and Olivier Pescheux, the composition begins with fresh fruity accords apple that develops into the aromatic heart of sage. Sensual woody notes and amber form the base of the perfume.

Apple

Black XS L'Exces for Him

Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver Fragrance Reviews

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

I got it by mistake instead of Kouros. the Initial blast will remind you of something along the lines of Givenchy Pi.

the notes mentioned are all wrong, all I can smell is Vanilla hidden underneath a coconut note.

ameer014
ameer014

I may sound weird but this one reminds of Black XS L'Exces

periquito89
periquito89

I think the review by adham.suwam.90 bellow just summons up what I think about this scent, but not being that synthetic blow. The projection and strengh make me thinking about 212 Vip, but not exactly the same smell. I love it on paper strip, but that's a trick: many sweet scents feels fresher and less sweet on paper, but sweeter and less fresh on skin. So I liked it, than I thought it to be too strong, and than I bought it. Yes, not original at all, but I kinda like it. I can't get a clear resamble with any of Kouros flankers, maybe some faint note on the very base but even so, its like a completely different thing. Starts very sweet, strong, with a hint of freshness. Calms down just a couple of hours later, and then it behaves as a skin scent on me. I´m going to try it more, but so far it doesn't bother me like, say, Versace Eros.

adham.suwan.90
adham.suwan.90

Nice smell? Yes
Great Performance? YESSSS !!!
Unique or has something special? NO
Synthetic? Yes

ZoopyGoggins
ZoopyGoggins

I will not let other people's bad reviews affect my opinion of a fragrance. I'll just test it out on my skin and if I think it's nice, then I like it. Simple.
I went into a store and was just browsing the juices as I do. I saw Kouros Silver on the shelf and noticed that the top of the bottle was damaged, like it had been dropped on the floor. I tried to spray some on a tester strip and it squirted out in a jet, like from a water pistol, partly on the tester strip and partly on the back of a lady standing in front of me. Whoops! Share and share alike eh?
I then left the store, but...........
I sniffed the tester strip again and again then turned around and went back.
This time I sprayed some on the back of my hand from close range as not to assault any more random strangers, then left the store for a second time.
The first thing I noticed was that it is powerful even in quite a small dose.
The second thing I noticed was that it seemed to me to have a rather peppery top note. Peppery, sweet and sour. That was before I had any idea of the actual perfume pyramid.
I decided to look it up in my bible (Fragrantica), and it is here that I discovered a lot of negative and/or dismissive reviews.
Oh well, I think it's very nice and that's good enough for me.
Is it groundbreaking or unique? No.
Is it strong and long lasting? Yes.
I'm getting some.

Peace out - Zoop.

6opar
6opar

I am prejudiced here as i love all things Kouros. Even though this Silver thing has almost nothing in common with Kouros. Even though KS smells cheap. And even though i feel betrayed by YSL for trying to reduce Kouros creative grandness and fragrant absolutism to this woody fruity smallness.
In fact the only thing that makes me appreciate KS is what actually confuses the entire experience. I love it that they put sage in this (even though it's not fully aromatic) to add a level of Kouros-ity to eventually escape mundanity, but the fruity dominance is just too much. YSL have tried to make Kouros young and look cool and kinky, and have failed in both.
@ YSL :) - please go and read my review of Kouros and stop messing with big K.
What we have in KS is a typical fruity fragrance with a bit of a punch that does not work, no charisma and cheap woody base. But i am prejudiced. And it does last.
***(**)

groover
groover

A great scent for younger people,
in the same category as 1 million,
eros and invictus, not a bad one
just to ordinary.

sebbydee
sebbydee

Tried this at the mall a few days back thinking this flanker might be a good son of the classic kouros of the laurent house. Well it was so vile that i had to wash my hands within minutes. It was straight headache inducing for me. Try before buying and don t let the low price fool you !

amjad77
amjad77

my cup of tea, but i don't know either lasting or no. over all good fragrance. not really compliment getter.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I think the critical caveat to this scent is that it bears no similarity to the original Kouros at all: the name is the only thing they have in common. That being said, Kouros Silver is probably the most generic, boring fragrance I have tried in years. It is definitely the product of L'Oreal's "creation by committee" mentality. While I am hard pressed to come up with anything bad to say, I am equally at a loss for positives. It's just so unmemorable that I doubt anyone would miss it if it were pulled off the shelves suddenly. Or, you could just replace it with any current designer fragrance it's that unremarkable.
I am thankful I tried this before blind buying it on eBay because the prices are really good and I thought why not? It would have wound up back on eBay.

HorlicksB4Bed
HorlicksB4Bed

I have Kouros Silver and Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme (EDT) and let me tell you they smell NOTHING alike. It's like comparing Armani Aqua Di Gio to Le Male, they share no similarities!! To my nose this smells like Paco Rabanne 1 Million, or better yet Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Man (99.9%). I would never have purchased this myself, i received it as a present and it's really not my cup of tea. It smells cheap, synthetic and cloying, no sophistication or class whatsoever. This is mass market garbage aimed at anyone and everyone. If it was a little bit lighter it may be more tolerable but it's just too much of everything, it literally gives me a headache.

SaffianoKMR
SaffianoKMR

In my humble opinion, this is Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme by enhances its longevity and performances. Although, It quite synthetic at the top note but let it dry down. Then, you will see the pure gem. I was applied on the dry spot of my skin. It still there around 11 hours and becomes skin scent whatsoever.

RAG1987
RAG1987

Smell to me like a smoother version on Chanel Allure Homme sport extreme. Isn't a bad thing and I quite like this bit it's nothing to write home about if you've got the likes of Eros or Allure Homme se. Bit pricey too but I got a bargain on eBay.

Ali_1990
Ali_1990

there has been a challenge between me and my father about this perfume and i won

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I have to agree with Endymion on this one. When DID Laurent become a drugstore brand?

This is a third degree clone of Eros, and a firsthand clone of Cool Water Night Dive for men. It's also somewhat similar to man.Aubusson Intense, although I like the apple note (and the overall scent) much better in the Aubusson - at least it smells cheerful and unpretentious. And that's not saying much, because ultimately I don't care for man.Aubusson Intense. I'm also unable to wear Night Dive for the same reason - don't really care for it.

I'm not sure what this recent style in masculine fragrance is all about, but I don't like it. These pseudo apple top notes, followed by super-sweet nondescript woody ambers are terrible. Please YSL, for the love of god, don't go this way. L'Oreal, get it together.

camposg
camposg

This has got to be the most potent bottle of mens cologne I have ever sampled. I wore it at a duty-free at the airport and had to scrub my wrist 2 times because I felt it was offending the person that was sitting next to that's how hard it was projecting hours upon hours later as it was still performing I could see an ashy mark above my hand where it once was. This stuff is lethal. The only reason I would not purchase it because it's identical to Chrome Legend which I've already owned

nathanlm
nathanlm

This smells like the microwave after u popped some butter flavoured popcorn, that's what I get.
Not that it's a bad thing.
I must have washed my hands 6 times during the day plus I had a shower n I can still smell it on my wrist, very subtly but it's there.

rahulkm
rahulkm

Not pleasant one.. disturbing my mind after the usage of 3 days.. disappointment..

RobbieX
RobbieX

To me, it smells of bubblegum. Reminds me of Silver Scent. Nothing at all like Kouros. Not bad but not for me.

MrMhMs
MrMhMs

عطر راااائع ما راح تعرف العطر إلا إذا تطيبت فيه بالنسبه لي أشم جوز الهند مع التفاح و العطر بعد مرور ست ساعات تصير ريحته قريبه جداً لمونت بلانك الاسود
10 10 العطر ثابت جدا جدا وفواح

diamond dust
diamond dust

Smells like same in start or u can say for half an hour after that kouros smell little bit herbal but u can say 85% same fragrance i have both of bottles i think eros is little strong buy kouros silvers longevity is also good ,,,

jarednomak
jarednomak

Sorry for my English, i'm French... i'm a huge fan of Versace Eros, and i saw that Kouros Silver is in the same way.... so i have a little question: does Kouros Silver is more "overpowering " and "longer-lasting" than Eros? thanks for your answer ! ;-)

jackmonaghan
jackmonaghan

I have mixed feelings about this fragrance. For a while I hated it, but it's beginning to grow on me.
It's worth noting that this is one of those perfumes you shouldn't blind buy or even smell off a card. The opening notes are disgusting, a mix of sour coconut and a hint of urine. BUT-take the time to let it dry in. It will become much less harsh, and become more sweet and woody. Personally it reminds me of Million-it's by no means a clone, at all, but some notes are similar, and it is just as long lasting and has very good projection.
This is not an office or date safe fragrance. It's just way too brash and controversial, and not everyone is going to like it. But if you're feeling adventurous, give it a shot, it may surprise you. Just be sure to spray it on your hand, let it settle in, and smell it throughout the day first.

hardee
hardee

اكثر العطور غرابة ، من اشتم هذا العطر اما كرهه و اما عشقه ولا يوجد وسط بينهما استغربت كثيرا لهذا
عادة لا احب العطور الحلوة ولكن هذا العطر مختلف
عطر رائع باداء ممتاز يدوم طويلا و يفوح بقوة عشقت هذا العطر

تقييمي الكلي 10/10

Eyeteach
Eyeteach

Love it!!! If you like Versace Eros, you'll certainly enjoy this one. A few sprays lasts and lasts. Very fresh and inviting.

tuscany

What can I say,not like the original but something different, project and lasts for ages.

Getting a whole lot of compliments.

tuscany

Getting a whole lot of compliments.

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

I really don't understand the hate for this fragrance. Kouros Silver is a fresh masculine scent with a touch of sweetness. The apple note gives it it's sweet undertone while the sage and woody notes keep it masculine and cultured. I could smell the amber notes VERY mildly. Sage, apple, and woods are what I picked up from this mostly.Kouros Silver is worth it's price because it does smell expensive and keeps the heart of YSL as it smells mildly similar to some of their other fragrances. This fragrance also has huge sillage and longevity, another good reason for it's large price. Don't be a stiff (like a statue) and give this a sniff, it might be worth it.
UPDATE: I have been wearing Kouros Silver for two months now and I must say that it is a real compliment getter! Women and men always love this cologne on me and EVERYTIME I wear it, I get compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing. Forget these other reviews, this is from honest experience, this is a majestic scent!

When will I ever learn?

I blind bought this....foolishly. I was hoping it might resemble the original more than some had been stated in the (largely hateful) reviews below, or if it didn't perhaps it would even be a little like the summer cologne tonic...that would've been fine.
I'm sorry fragranticans I didn't heed your warnings, I blind bought and not even at a particularly good price either.

The opening is Apple (like) I suppose, but then descends into a kinda sage note and a powdered back drop of chemical Amber. This really is quite a bad fragrance. I had forgiven Dior for the recent Sauvage because it seemed like a focused and deliberate attempt to make something minimal based around Ambroxan.
So many reviewers here have mentioned what Kouros Silver smells like and many of them are plain wrong. The closest fragrance to this by a mile is easily Paco Rabanne Invictus difference being this has less notes.

I don't like it, it's not an awful smell but something about this, Invictus, and Versace Eros etc...turns my stomach. The performance is as I expected...INSANE. It lasts and lasts projecting heavily.

Tom Cat North
Tom Cat North

It's simple, just forget the name Kouros, and you will not be so disappointed, at least, to a greater extent. Blame him for cheap bottle. Feel literally in the fingers like poor quality glass, and makes you all the time as if the labels come off the bottle. Silver Kouros is very similar like Karl Lagerfeld Private Klub for Men, for example, or as the most modern and sweet fragrance today. Who loves this type of perfume, go ahead, others stand. Unfortunately, Kouros always remained in the past, and it can do nothing to change, regardless of all his reformulation, and new releases like Silver Kouros or, why not before him Kouros Eau de Toilette Tonique, and others from that Kouros edition. Last greeting for you old friend, and maybe we used to meet in dreams.

Soldatel
Soldatel

Had a sample of this scent, it lasts veeery very long for over 12 hours and it projects like a beast. Opens with a very strong apple note which fades away then leaving the sage to develop. I do not detect amber in the heart nor wood, I think they go on much further after 8 hours when the perfume settles to the base note and goes close to the skin. IMHO, price to quality ratio is very good although it is not an outstanding scent that gets attention, more of a safe buy. Good for an everyday scent, not for formal occasions and recommeded all year round. I would give it a 9 out of 10. It is safe for a blind buy as it does not offend, it does not stand out nor it itches your olfactive belongings.

Deri Guzman
Deri Guzman

This fragrance has a two cologne vibe. At first it has a weak Paco Rabanne One Million feel. Then it settles smelling like Versace Eros with the One Million smell going on. That's what I get, It's a good fragrance and I was surprised. I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10.

lovetribe
lovetribe

the fact that it's called kouros silver does not mean that it should be like kouros .. In fact the other flanker kouros are not. synthetic or not ... it does not matter . this perfume for me is fantastic . different , suitable for any season , amazing performance . one of the best news . really a surprise . I do not understand many dislike.9 / 10

firsttime
firsttime

Similarly to '212 Are You on The List' by Carolina Herrera, but this one less longer than CH.

justtwan
justtwan

Its so funny how people say that this is cheaply made but couldn't reduplicate it themselves, believe me I tried and it came out too sweet and not as fresh or sharp. Ysl has made a lot worse than this especially from the strength aspect (like all L'hommes, easily remade, weak crappy frags that begin to bore soon after the 1st few wears). I love anything that performs and gets me that ( what's the name of your fragrance) question. I asked a guy what he was wearing and was lied to so I went to khols and smelled this and said that's it, just as I thought something new for the masses but I still had to grab it. But then off to saks for the frag head in me. Ysl should discontinue this and watch all the rave then. All frag heads should know this but its the cheap stuff that gets all the compliments because the average person is not into sophisticated scents. I get compliments from this more than a lot of my other scents and it's stronger so for me I'll stock up and wait for it to be discontinued and then buss this out

Marcelo Andrade
Marcelo Andrade

I greatly dislike the original Kouros (I know, I must lack in the taste department). I mean, really, it's a omg-i-must-scrub-it-off-asap dislike.

I bought this one exactly because everybody was telling it has nothing to do with Kouros, it was on a huge dirty cheap on-sale and as I tried it at the store, it greatly appealed me.

Unfortunately, *buyer beware*, it DOES have a resemblence with original Kouros. Eventually, it showed its face.

I can't tell what it is. But it's still there. Just a little. But enough to roll eyes on my bad purchase.

Lesson learned, I guess.

Ahebbdch
Ahebbdch

Laurents' apology for disrobing the armor from their knight.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It was released in April 2015 under the slogan: "the new fragrance for living gods", making connection with the history behind the original version (from 1981), inspired by ancient Greece. The concept is to celebrate the strength of a virile male at the height of his glory, in an extremely modern way. It is very easy to notice that the intention is to conquer the younger men, who have heard about Kouros, but not lived the height of its success.

Another important note, is that this fragrance was designed for the summer, but did not receive the name "summer", as has been happening with scents from other brands. So, is an aromatic scent, full of woody nuances, built on 3 main accords: Green Apple, in the output; essence of Sage, in the body; ambery wood accord, in the base.

Once again, this is about the famous question of flankers. Long gone the time when a flanker was a new version of an existing fragrance, in a similar vein, concept and/or DNA. Now, any new scent that can be used to achieve a market share that was already achieved, is put inside a bottle already known by the public and brings a beautiful concept as background. And with Kouros Silver was no different. Try to convince people that this scent is a modern version of the mighty Kouros, looks like a joke.

The fragrance opens fruity, with acidic and synthetic nuances. Although it seems to be linear, it evolves, but very slowly. The sage is very aromatic, but also bitter. The woody aroma – which is the best part – just came up on my skin after four hours.

It's not a bad scent, to be honest! But it's not innovative also. If the aim is to conquer young people, then it has everything to become a sales success. But, unfortunately, the disappointment regarding the expectation created by me was overwhelming.

Here, the key is try to trick the brain and imagine that it's a new cologne called YSL Silver. Done! You will have in your hands a great scent for late nights and ballads.
Even with the olfactory fatigue which caused me, because of its slow evolution, it was still possible to feel it on my skin, after 8 hours of use.

And I could not close this review without talking about the bottle, which kept the line pattern, covered by a silver paint with chrome details.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

First off, this is not a bad fragrance, but it's not superb or original. It'd make a nice gift someone who is not "into" fragrances. I'm sure the everyday person who doesn't own more than 5 or 10 bottles will surely enjoy this. Secondly, what the other reviews said is true... there is nothing really special about this fragrance. BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT BAD.

Just because a fragrance doesn't reinvent the wheel doesn't make it bad.

Kouros Silver opens up with a sweet, tart green apple. Something in here is really reminiscent of the tartness of the original formulation of the strawberry/rhubarb in Black XS. The sage note is bitter and slightly heavy and keeps Kouros Silver masculine. The juicy tartness of the apple fades about an hour into the drydown and that's when Kouros Silver begins to resemble a fruity shampoo. The longevity was 6 hours.

Is it good? Yes, but it is not my cup of tea. Just because I don't like it personally, doesn't blind me from seeing it's good qualities (non-offensive, easily accessible, modern, and fresh).

Is groundbreaking? Absolutely not, and you could probably find 5 other fragrances that smell like this.

readymadepv
readymadepv

I just tried this today cause this Kouros on the flanker attracts you and owing to the heritage of this name you expect at least something but there is nothing, nothing at all.

dolcethadon

I have been wanting to try this new Kouros flanker despite the negative reviews but I was having trouble finding it.. Macys and Sephora did not have it, but surprisingly I ran into a tester bottle at Kohls! I went ahead and sprayed some on my wrist so this is my first impression.. Kouros Silver opens up with a very fresh sweet spicy apple note.. A heart of sage along with the apple keeps Kouros Silver pretty fresh for awhile up until the scent starts to dry down and warm up a bit.. The woody notes and amber in the base add some sweetness and warmth to this fragrance which is felt from the opening but takes over in the dry down.. There is no similarity to the original Kouros at all, however you could say there is a slight resemblance to Body Kouros due to the sweet woody amber notes.. Kouros Silver is a safe and very versatile fragrance, it can work in the heat well or in the cold, although Yves Saint Laurent is pitching this fragrance as a summer scent.. Kouros Silver is not a bad fragrance, it is pleasant smelling but that is all it really is.. It is nothing groundbreaking, unique, or special in any type of way.. Yves Saint Laurent fragrances use to be known for being groundbreaking, unique, and very high quality.. This just does not feel like a proper Yves Saint Laurent fragrance to me at all.. It is very linear, a bit synthetic, and it is a bit boring.. Having said that Kouros Silver is still not a bad fragrance at all but I definitely expected more coming from a house like Yves Saint Laurent, and for a fragrance bearing the Kouros name.. As far as the performance goes, Kouros Silver will perform very well as long as you are a bit generous with how many sprays you put on, if so it will hang around for long time and project very very well.. If I could find Kouros Silver for a bargain price at a discount store I would definitely buy it, but the retail price is a bit to much for a scent like this.. I could see myself using Kouros Silver as a casual scent for the summer, since it certainly smells better than your average chemical aquatic.. I would recommend you at least give this one a shot, who knows you may like it..

moniote
moniote

I already saw 3 bottles in a perfume shop at bargain price ! Summer sales !! L OREAL And their junk perfumes desserve once again this fate !! Cheap products

Stromboli

Holy ...... Saint L'Oréal at its best , oops sorry, rather the worse. Ridiculous bottle, the most uninteresting scent, cheap , unimpressive. Does not deserve the naming Kouros nor the YSL label.
I really wonder what Poor Monsieur St Laurent would have thought of this joke.

This should fill the shelves of hard discount supermarkets, next to shampoos and other crappy L'oréal cheap deos.

Sorry, 1/10.

Stromboli

Holy ...... Saint L'Oréal at its best , oops sorry, rather the worse. Ridiculous bottle, the most uninteresting scent, cheap , even ridiculous. Does not deserve the naming Kouros nor the YSL label.
I really wonder what Poor Monsieur St Laurent would have thought of this joke.

This should fill the shelves of hard discount supermarkets, next to shampoos and other crappy L'oréal corryheap deos.

Sorry, 1/10.

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

Tried this for the third time today out of a tester. The scent is not that bad, fresh, a little spicy-woody fruity. Not worth the Kouros name though. The original is known as King Kouros, and for a reason. Body Kouros is totally different from the original, and this one. So I could say that all the Kouros flankers have nothing to do with the original.

The longevity and projection are awesome! Sprayed it 12 hours ago and can still smell it clearly. No complaints there.

This could be a great spring-summer fragrance, but not that classy or unique. Worth testing though!

Gazo30

This is a likable scent, pleasant enough to be used as a daily user, ticks all the boxes as far as longevity/projection etc but..... is it worthy of the kouros name? i feel it is not a bad scent but they could of just put this in a different bottle & hey presto a new line, if it has the kouros name it should at least keep some of the characteristics of the original other than the bottle.

if this was in a new/different bottle id score it higher but trying to grab some sales from the kouros name isn't a good idea as kouros has a almost iconic status in the history books.

Performance: 8/10

Branding: 4/10

Overall: 6/10

jilt3d
jilt3d

What a disappointment! As a big fan of both Kouros and Body Kouros, I must say that this has nothing to do with the seductive nature of those two fragrances.

When I first saw the bottle and the title "Silver", I said to myself: "Hey, this should go somewhere between Kouros and Body Kouros" (considering the white and respectively black bottles, right?). How naive I was...

Generally, it is a nice scent which can be worn easily but you can't wear Kouros easily, remember? That is not part of the game.

Deefit
Deefit

This reminded me strongly of CH 212 VIP Men's base. Can't say anything supportive otherwise. Tried it once, it smelled a bit pleasant but I wasn't impressed.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Kouros silver is very likable and starts of with flowery sage.

The base is clearly built around woody notes with a hint of amber spiking through. However I don't really get the apple note.

The amber gives it a masculine touch. So nothing extraordinary from the house of YSL.

It is a bit sad that they did not leave the character of the original in the silver version.

Not a bad one. Nonetheless not groundbreaking either.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Don't slate me for this review, but I quite liked this one, bought it as it was on a deal, it's more wearable then the original Kouros I guess, not so shouty as it's superior original. It's light and fruity, to me it's like a dumbed down version of l'homme nuit, rather then Kouros. The downside, it bears no resemblance to the original, it's very generic, more what you'd expect from the 007 range. I fear for YSL, L'Oreal don't seem to be too concerned with making new and quality products, even the skincare i've ditched in favour of Elizabeth Arden's because the quality is good, but not premium, and that's what I feel about Kouros Silver, a good product, but not premium.

georgequeue

According to the latest reviews I've read, I can't help but thinking Kouros Silver is not an Yves Saint Laurent fragrance...it's an YVES SAINT L'ORÉAL product!

Perfumes are no longer the pieces of art they used to be until a few years ago. Sad but true!

Cerulean
Cerulean

I just tested this in Harvey Nichols. I'll try to make my review short.

I have been using Kouros as a signature for a while now, and I own the following bottles:
Kouros (Charles De Ritz version) Kouros (Sanofi Version) Kouros Eau De Sport, Kouros Cologne Sport, Kouros Tattoo, Kouros Plein Air, Kouros Tonique and Kouros Fraicheur.

Kouros Silver is a major disappointment. It's not that I don't like apple smelling fragrances or I want civet in every fragrance. But as a loyal customer to the Kouros idea, I expect at least a minor resemblance to the main concept, which was a European fresh and masculine scent, the power and virility of a statue, the soapy/salty hint of honey mystery I loved from the start in a summer version. Well that stopped existing with last year's Tonique (which was very different to the original but still in the Kouros concept).

Kouros Silver smells soft and fruity, creamy Apple and a hint of wood. It's very summery, obviously aimed for a younger crowd to my nose since it makes a perfect soft on the run morning fragrance for young men.

Nothing to do with Kouros, and nothing special overall, given that I was expecting the current Summer man of YSL to smell virile and fresh, sporty and mysterious, which Fraicheur and even last year's tonique did with success.

henryvdp
henryvdp

nothing special....I expected a modern version of Kouros....not! Its not Saint Laurent ! :( L'oreal can't make the good ones.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Like the recent black opium this shares nothing but the name. My eyes popped out when I saw the gorgeous silver bottle and then.........really? YSL has created this? I'm embarrassed for them. It's like .......well, I have no words.

Endymion

Great! Kouros (the king, the corruptor, the beast etc.) is for 17 years old cutie boys now, according to the advert.

This should have been rather called Kouros BOY. I cry.

armaniboy
armaniboy

There is not a single note in this one that reminds me of the original masterpiece.Nothing.Misleading and idiotic name.The fragrance is super generic, smells cheap and synthetic-a fresh mess.Epic Fail.People will say it is made to sell and I'm just wondering how many millions,Eros,Diesel kinda fragrances can exist in the market.Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

Guapo
Guapo

From Kouros it has only the name ... it is a generic cologne. I cannot understand what is YSL ideia, their intention, with this flanker, with another massmarket production...

They're destroying the fantastic reputation and quality of the original Kouros.

They did it with Jazz, Rive Gauche, M7 and YSL pour Homme.

Gazo30

Theres alot of talk about the number of kouros flankers, infact there have been 10 (Or 13 if you count each tonique seperate) in 34 years, which when you consider dior have done 6 Homme flankers in 10yrs, its not that bad

every flanker ive tried ive liked and i will certainly give this a chance when i can get to try it

georgequeue

I think there's been too much whining about this fragrance being a 1000th Kouros flanker, indeed! What if this scent ends up becoming another quintessential masterpiece of perfumery?

I have been using perfume since 1987 - and a lover of 60s-90s perfumery -, and I've found some recent releases to be extremely good creations (and yes, many of them have been quite disappointing!); I'm one who's looking forward to trying Kouros Silver and, if I like it, I may buy it. Let's see what happens.

jackoca
jackoca

anyone got a 5ml bottle of this to purchase? to sniff test?
PM

Vmaster
Vmaster

People come here for honest reviews from people that have actually tried the fragrances; Not imaginary reviews from people that haven't even smelled it yet.

To the one person below that has actually tried it, thank you for your review.

@quisutdeus:

Kouros Silver may indeed be "safe" and pleasant but there are two huge problem for some of us:

1. It may contain large amounts of aroma chemicals that bother me. This turned out to be the case with Azzaro Club Man. I like that composition but what I guess is a musk molecule has made it unwearable, though I have used it as a room spray. I have no idea what's in KS and I'm not going to buy it blind just on that basis alone (unless I got 50 ml for $10 or something along those lines).

2. Too many "super cheapos," such as by Lomani or Playboy, can compete with these "higher end designer" scents, so why should I pay more? This is the problem for the safe/pleasant designer scent that sells for $70 or more at malls/dept. stores.

Because of these two factors it doesn't even pay for me to look at the notes listed or the reviews for a new release like this one. If I get around to sampling it I will but if not I really don't care at all.

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

Dear Perfume lovers,

I've had the chance of smelling this fragrance 3 days ago at Schipol (Amsterdam airport) and to be honest I do not understand all this hate, specially defending that urinal cake chemical smelling fragrance of Kouros, (at least the new version).

I am a big fan and lover of YSL fragrances, being Body Kouros my favourite of the line, then L'homme and la nuit ranges, all of them modern and contemporary, creating a new phase in the fragrance department for this house.

Having said that, I can tell you that Kouros Silver is a very safe and good smelling fragrance! Starts quite spicy/apple smelling, for then turning to a combo of amber - creamy - apple in the dry down, it is very pleasant and long lasting, considering all of the crappy releases from designer houses these days (coloured water with no longevity) I can decidedly state that Kouros Silver is a winner! To me the final phase of the fragrance smells just like the opening of L'homme, with that nice creamy and fresh apple.

Nothing ground breaking here for sure, but very nice indeed considering the changes in the industry in the last 10 years (saving money with cheap compositions to increase their revenues)

If you are one of those snobby fragrance guys, appreciating complexity and uniqueness in a fragrance, stay away from this one. Kouros Silver for sure will not make you smell like a fart from Zeus, a garden of Eden, the urine of a starfish in the depths of the Aegean see, or a gourmet dish of indian food with some sushi on top (whatever that may smell) but it will for sure give you a comfort feeling of knowing that you smell pleasant, fresh and masculine.

My advice is: try it! if you like it like me, buy at least 3 bottles before the greedy managers of this industry decide to reformulate it, as normally happens. After all is just a matter of time for a great scent with longevity to be reformulated to be then mass produced.

***Update: After 2 weeks of use, I can fairly say that I really like it! projects very well, lasts more than 8 hours on my dry crappy skin, and smells delicious and masculine; is a very nice Woody/fruity combo with hints of incense/amber in the dry-down, I guess to make it last longer. Now that the weather is a bit warmer and the winter is almost gone ( central Europe), I can get more aromas in a different way than when I bought it. Try it!

jozemo
jozemo

who actually has tried this fragrance, enough of the B.S.comments, let us know or give a general idea what to look out for concerning this scent,dislikes without smelling makes no scents...

PFGL90
PFGL90

Even King Kouros is being touched by L'Oreal,such a shame.

Definitely the greatest days are gone for YSL.

brucifer
brucifer

You would swear by the way people are reacting that this is the first Kouros flanker? There are already a few including summer editions so this isnt really a shock to me. As long as it smells great is there anything else that really matters? Dont judge before its available to test.

scotrob
scotrob

Yves must be turning in his grave! to take a CLASSIC like Kouros and try to associate the name with an EDT that smells of apples and sage?!?! To wear the name Kouros, a flanker should at LEAST have some animalic components, such the civet of the original or perhaps substituting castoreum...Kouros Silver is really several notches below the original..it looks cheap and smells cheap...if you want fruity herbal notes there are FAR better fragrances to choose from.

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

Bring back the vintage Kouros and stop destroying its reputation!! I guess too late now.

I don't normally judge before I try something... But come on people look at the notes it's obviously ain't a flanker.

Don't mess with the KING!!

dolcethadon

I do not want to be one of the people that automatically judge a scent before they even smell it but this is a bit odd.. Kouros Silver? The bottle does not look much different than the new Body Kouros bottle which I find a bit odd of them to do.. I wouldn't mind a nice modern Kouros flanker, it could be interesting but this breakdown looks horrid, generic, and cheap.. I really hope that a different note breakdown is released soon because if that is all there is to this scent than it looks like this will be a disappointment..

Alex1984
Alex1984

To the people at L'Oreal responsible for brand management;
Some time ago there were some magnificent rumors that you were selling the YSL beauty division. This was 2 years ago and made many of us very happy, there was hope for the brand after all. Unfortunately it wasn't true.
Now, since there are no plans to sell and you keep making a mockery out of the vision of Yves, could you at least, pretty please, stop butchering the classics with yearly reformulations and flankers, and release new stuff for the ones that want to be on trend? Leave the old ones alone for us, and release as many new scents you want to bring in the cash. Or invest in the skincare and makeup department and leave the fragrance section alone.
Thank you for understanding.
Regards,
The one who wishes could buy YSL from you. And Lancôme. And Paloma Picasso. And Cacharel.

What the...???? :O
When did YSL became a drugstore perfume brand?????????
This is a nightmare!!! The name, the typo, the bottle, the concept, everthing is cheap of the cheapset.
YSL is rolling in his grave :(
How the mighty has fallen.

Who put fresh fruit in my skank scent? The shame! LOL.

missan
missan

How can a company with at one time so great fragrances, go to such a low quality company with only greedy prices?
Talk about shame.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

I guess the description already makes it clear but those who have had the opportunity to smell it at one of the duty free shops say it has absolutely nothing, YES NOTHING, to do with the original Kouros ...someone even said it is closer to Rabanne Invictus so hide your original Kouros..one day, it will stand far above the other classics of today including Patou Homme..Kouros may not reach Patou prices because the volume of Kouros over the decades is so high but the formulas that stayed close to the original, will tell generations and generations how magnificent men releases used to be at one time!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.