Designers » T-Z » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women

Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

I have it: 595 I had it: 412 I want it: 384 My signature: 19

Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Yvresse (Champagne) Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Yvresse is a sparkly and dizzying fragrance. It was first named Champagne and was created in 1993. It is a fragrance suitable for all occasions and moods and absolutely meets the words of Napoleon: "I drink Champagne when I win, to celebrate... and I drink Champagne when I lose, for solace." This sharp floral-fruity fragrance is still not a classic chypre which demands time to open on the skin. Yvresse's composition sounds short enough, just like the full impact of Champagne: as soon as the brilliant top notes disappear, the scent wraps you with its warmth. The main notes are nectarine, anise, menthol, Otto rose, blue rose, litchi, oak moss, patchouli, vetiver. Yves Saint Laurent changed the name from Champagne to Yvresse because of lawsuits filed by French producers of the sparkling wine that originally bore the name.

The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman.

Caraway Apricot Nectarine Peach Mint Anise

Carnation Litchi iris Cinnamon Violet Rose Jasmine Rose Oil Lily-of-the-Valley

Amber Patchouli Musk Benzoin Coconut Vanilla Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar Styrax

La Collection Yvresse
Miss Habanita

Yvresse (Champagne) Fragrance Reviews

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

Just got my vintage bottle of Yvresse in the mail today (not that new Yvresse Collection stuff. I'm not interested in smelling that). It's so special and so beautiful.This is not an everyday perfume. Only for that special night out with your man. You have on a gorgeous evening gown and your lover can't help but nuzzle your neck from time to time to inhale the lusciousness of this precious elixer. Superb!

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Either my memory of Champagne has been skewed and romanticized by my mind over the years or else the sampling company has sent me the wrong fragrance. What I smell in my sample called "Yves Saint Laurent Champagne Original" is more akin to my father's wonderfully astringent aftershave than it is like the aloof peach femme fragrance that I liked to wear in 1997. My sample even more closely resembles the decent but more common Brut cologne than it resembles my memory (or my hallucination, apparently) of what YSL Champagne is.

Could I be remembering a different perfume perhaps? I never had the bottle, just samples from a friend who worked at the perfume counter at Foley's. Maybe my sample is just old, so it is missing the juicy cold top notes I remember? I was certain the recognition of this one would hit me hard when I opened my sample, but it doesn't. I'm a little frustrated and confused. If anybody has any ideas of what perfume I could have mistaken to be Champagne, I'd be very grateful for a PM.

Q80
Q80

this perfume and Calyx Prescriptives has the unique symbol of immortality. you won't find anyone that dislikes any of them. both gives the feeling of joy and happiness & both shares the factor of love :)

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Yvresse is a cheery, celebrating perfume. A perfume fit for the holidays, or any day that wants celebration.
It's rich and deep and happy, but decidedly elegant as well.

A sparkling opening of peaches and nectarines. The likeness to champagne or sparkling Moscato wine (which tastes of ripe summerfruits) is uncanny.
When drying down, Yvresse envelops the wearer in a warm embrace. Caraway and oakmoss, rose and cinnamon and benzoin. Oh yes, there's a good bit of Rochas Femme in here, but where Femme is layed over a dark and sultry base of leather and rosewood, Yvresse is drizzled with golden honey and peach syrup.
Sublime.

FayLou
FayLou

After reading the reviews here on Fragrantica, I decided to blind-buy a bottle of Yvresse which was amongst discounted old stock in a local Chemist.......then I went back and bought another bottle! I've never smelt anything quite like it; a potent mix of fruity bubbliness and heavy, rich earthiness. My goodness though, the sillage on this is mind blowing! I can only wear this perfume by spraying once (twice would be unthinkable) and then dabbing some off with wet paper towel. It is the strongest perfume I have and I use it VERY carefully! I wish it had been bottled in a dabber, rather than a spray bottle, as you need good control with this scent, otherwise it is too overpowering. I'm not surprised they only made an EDT version, it is stronger than a lot of perfume concentrations. In small amounts, this perfume is sumptuous and makes me think of lavish parties and sequins and gold. A lovely winter scent; warm, heady, somehow comforting and fun. It is also unmistakably old-school, but not in a predictable way.
One spray lasts for two days on clothes, before dying down - a bottle will last forever it seems! This is definitely a perfume to try if you come across it (mine is the 1990's version), as it is extremely unique.

Beccaru
Beccaru

Wow, what can I say that hasn't already been said? This has been my signature since I was thirteen years old! Yes, thirteen! Now at 27 it seems funny to me that I was wearing such a 'big girls scent' back then but it was truly love at first sniff. I was literally hooked in a way I haven't come close to feeling since. Sure I like other fragrances, I flirt with many but Champagne is my one true love and I honestly don't think I will ever really replace her. That said - Yvresse has changed lately. Not only is it now packaged in that horrible bulky square bottle which I'm told by the girl on the YSL counter is here to stay, but to me or at least ON me it now smells different. Have I changed or has Yvresse? It no longer settles down like it used to, it smells how it should when it initially bursts out of the bottle only to settle down quite bitter within 5 seconds. It's no exaggeration to say I'm gutted. In fact I recently showed up late to the Tresor party in my quest for a new signature (weep!!) I'm happy and I'm enjoying discovering these new scents of mine but when (within your own circle of family and friends) you're known for this one smell whether its loved or hated its pretty shitty when that's taken away from you, its been with me since I was a little girl afterall. I honestly thought Yvresse was going to be the scent my future children associated with me, like what Opium is for me and my mum - a connection. These are things only those on Fragrantica will think about/understand of course ha ha.
There really is NOTHING quite like Yvresse you have to give it that... my husband loves it, my best friend chokes when I wear it but who wants a people pleaser? Not me. Good or bad Yvresse commands your attention.

Has this been discontinued like some have said? Has this been reformulated and why won't it be returning to the old packaging? Does anyone know?
I tried to explain to the lady on the YSL counter that the original Yvresse had more than double the notes of the 'La Collection' Yvresse and the 5 or 6 notes are now listed on the side, she looked at me as if I was stupid and said oh no those notes listed are just the main ones - it's exactly the same. I deemed her clueless and didn't dare argue! But she wasn't getting a sale out of me as I already have two bottles of this La Collection Yvresse imitation that well meaning loved ones keep buying for me unaware that I'm no longer using it. Also some have said it was discontinued long ago although at least in the UK I've never had a problem buying Yvresse until this La Collection abomination turned up! Confusion!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

If you look in the dictionary under "cloying," you will find a picture of Yvresse. It will climb into your nose, build a nest there, and refuse to leave, despite your repeated pleas.

Funnily enough, I think this might be lovely if they made a "light" or "innocent" or "mademoiselle" version, which is ordinarily completely against my principles.

reborn
reborn

nice suede drydown,but the opening is AWFUL-it smells like some kind of medicine ,or this juice-Tang ,before you put the water in it.I cant imagine to wear it

Lily2911
Lily2911

This iis the most original fruity chypre i ever smelled. Almost a more sparkling, fizzy , sweet niece of Mitsouko. The fantastic apricot, peach gives Yvresse that light sweetness without becoming a boring linear fruiit cocktail you find in recent commercial fragrances. On the contrary, i am more addicted to the real chypre dry down, i love the cinnamon, which counter balances all that sweetness of the opening and in my case the rose and carnation flourish really well on my skin. One other uniqueness is the incredible sillage and tenacity : you only need ONE spray for a whole day and evening. It is the most strongest sillage perfume i have ever encountered, so for the fans, be careful with your dosage otherwise this beauty bevomes a "killing" trail. But no doubt, an intoxicating perfume, one of his kind and not for the faint hearted !

Mirabele
Mirabele

This smells pretty and smells good. My little daughter says it smells like chewing gum, my son, who is older, says it smells like roses; I just smile and disagree with them both. To me it is all about dried fruits with oakmoss in the background, very nice fruity chypre. Not sweet. No matter that I like the smell I can not imagine myself wearing this as a perfume on my own skin. It is too “eatable” smelling to me with fruits as a prominent note, and generally a bit too perfumey. While I can admire the composition and I like it as a smell, as a perfume, it is not for me. It was nice to test it anyway.

mhubbard

Loving all things peach, and most things French and alcoholic, I was sure to love this perfume. Which I did the first hour I wore it. Alas, there is some combination of chpypre-woody-fruit notes here which clashes to my nose. Somehow, it evokes a sense of false gaiety, and there is a sadness underneath the party clothes.It wasn't romantic, nor sexy, nor fresh and clean. I had a large bottle and couldn't make myself wear it anywhere.
Moral of the story: try more than once before you buy.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

When I remember Yves St. Laurent's Champagne...a fragrance cornucopia comes to mind. Although I am not much of a fruit-heavy wearing type of person, I couldn't help but acknowledge the bright, luscious, charismatic and festive mood this scent exuded. It reminded me of well, parties. Parties where the host throws the house out the windows as they say, and the banquet has every single delectable treat imaginable.

Normally, I don't care too much for perfume titles because I find that some, if not most, don't chime true for me. For example, Obsession by Calvin Klein (the only obsession I noticed were people buying it thinking they just purchased Insta-Sexy...sorry, nope) or Thierry Mugler's Angel (scent was far from ethereal imo) were a few that seemed mismatched.
But, the wonderfully talented Sophia Grojsman DID manage to capture the indulgent and jovial mood of celebratory events made even more wonderful with champagne.

And just like champagne itself, it isn't for everyone and should be enjoyed in MODERATION for those who do fancy it...you don't wanna be given a ticket for DUI (Dousing Until Immersed).

It is delightfully complex, bold, hedonistic, quite unique and succulent without being vulgar. Along with Paris, Kouros, and Opium...Champagne is kept in my pleasurable memory bank when I think about the best and most recommended fragrances of Yves Saint Laurent.

crescentsho
crescentsho

I got an old bottle, very strong sweet syrupy fruit smell. It was very loud and long lasting. My mom always complaining how strong the smell, peachy smell. If you like peach/apricot/nectarine, this one is nice.

tucuca
tucuca

The worst heavy headache makes me write this: awful.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

The only fragrance I can say I love along with Visa by Robert Piguet

katushka37
katushka37

Today is a New Years Eve so I've decided to give Yvresse a go. I am quite unfamiliar with this scent so I desided to test it out with one spray on my wrist only.

It is definitely reminds me of champagne - sparkly, boozy and sweet. At the beginning I got a lot of fruit, then it settled to a sweet spice and oakmoss scent...and just like champagne it gives me a headspins. I wouldn't buy a full sized version but wouldn't mind having a miniature reserved for very special occasions :)

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a lovely, classy fragrance. The initial blast is a weird alcohol-peach (like the old Oxy face pads, if anyone else remembers that smell), then cheap peach sparkling wine, and then thankfully fades into a delightful peachy-oakmoss. I thought I disliked oakmoss, and indeed this does start out a fairly heavy oakmoss, but the oakmoss soon takes a back seat to the lovely peach, nectarine and apricot. In fact, I think it's the contrast between juicy sweet stone fruit and dry oakmoss that takes this fragrance past any discussion of gourmand or girliness. This is a woman's scent, sophisticated and multifaceted. I was gifted a decant, and am not sure if this is the new formulation (I can only assume that it is); I would love to try the original, because if it surpasses this in complexity and depth I would be blown away!

For the record, this is a different peach than some other Sophia Grojsman peach-centric perfumes; I did not care for the powdery peach in Tresor nor for the similar styled peach in Exclamation--both had a synthetic-ness that was offputting to me. Yvresse is a different, fresher, less powdery and more authentic peach.

Sillage was modest, longevity >5 hours so far.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first i get fruit. it smells fresh and good, then it settles to a vintage vibe. the oakmoss and spice really come through with a little floral backdrop. to me it almost smells like high pigmented designer lipstick. definately pinup quality. i eventually get a warm vanilla, with both a little fruit and spice popping up. it really reminds me of its name. i imagine a pinup wearing this. flirty and outgoing and bold. nice fragrance but a little too 80s for me.

stormyla
stormyla

Wow, this fragrance is an enigma. The descriptions in the reviews here almost seem to be discussing 2 or 3 different fragrances. I believe that this fragrance was discontinued before all of the IFRA related reformulations, so that does not explain the disparities.

I never smelled a fresh bottle of this scent, so can only describe my experience with my two vintage bottles that are both labeled Champagne. One is a spray EDT,the other is the squat jar shaped dauber bottle pictured above whose concentration is unknown.

This is a truly lovely and unusual fruity chypre. This scent is much sweeter, softer and without the sharpness that I associate with other fruity chypres. The juices in my bottles are not at all fizzy, nor do they evoke anything reminiscent of Champagne unless the name alludes to the elegance and sense of quietly refined class that this scent exudes.

This is a very soft, not loud comfortable fragrance that is quite beguiling. Maybe my bottles have deteriorated somewhat, but the longevity of the fragrance is exceptional, 12+ hours, and the sillage is moderate. This fragrance is very very appealing until after about 7 hours of wear when the musk starts to kick in. I don't know how many of the florals in my bottles have survived, but apparently not enough to balance the musk.

Further along, something stale and waxy developed which I suspected to be coconut, and yes,sure enough there is coconut in this fragrance. I really wish perfumers would not use coconut in fragrances and skin creams as it turns rancid over time and becomes cloying and unpleasant.

If this fragrance was still in production, I would definitely buy a fresh bottle of it. I would not buy any vintage bottles of this scent as in my opinion, the substance is too unstable and not worth the price that it commands. It is such a shame as this was a truly lovely fragrance.

po
po

Ah, Yvresse, such an exquisite creation! A beautiful chypre heavy on the FRESH peach, apricot and nectarine that's still classy and full bodied.

According to my nose Yvresse opens with a heavy blast of the aforementioned fruits (did I stress it enough that they smell incredibly natural?) and a touch of mint. Then lots of cinnamon is revealed and the warmth of it makes a fantastic contrast with the mint and the fruits.

During the drydown I can smell lots of oakmoss too. The future of oakmoss in perfumery is uncertain now but it's such a sophisticated element... There are so many other notes listed: litchi, rose caraway, violet, carnation, patchouli, amber, jasmine, benzoin, iris, anise, coconut, vetiver, cedar, vanilla, musk, styrax ans lily of the valley. Although they are not that prominent to my nose they really contribute with their subtle nuances and contrasts, it's a real olfactory symphony. Sophia Grojsman must have been really inspired.

Yvresse does smell unique and sparkling, it's a powerhouse and a total beauty!
Did I just say ''does''? I meant ''did'' and it hurts me to say so. The 2011 formulation ''La Collection'' packaged in the white blocky bottle is just mediocre. The top notes were almost the same and I was hopeful. But after a certain amount of time I only get a far cry from the original. Just imagine Capella Sistina without colors. And I'm deeply sorry for that.

Marieline23
Marieline23

Je le trouve un peu trop fort et vieux. Une micro quantité suffit pour sentir des heures!

Essencial
Essencial

This is a truly Classic formulation by Sophie Grojsman, that will outlast so many other commercial designer fragrances out on the market today, which are infused and diluted with so much alcohol, and certainly do not last more than 20 min.
This is my signature fragrance and I love it above all others. There is magic in this fragrance that continues to uplift, inspire and envelop the wearer and whoever smells it with fresh romantic notes of harmony and beauty that will not fade through time.
I have studied many fragrances, some of the finest houses in France, Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, and this one, thanks to Sophie will endure through time as many of the other recent designer fragrances will simply melt away and be forgotten.
To me, this fragrance is always CHAMPAGNE, even though the silly wine companies in France won that ridiculous lawsuit, Champagne will continue to uplift and inspire. Thank you Sophie. You're a genius!
This fragrance is sophisticated, elegant, harmonious, and timeless.

fiouu
fiouu

I still have a mini bottle of this, half full, edp with the original formulations of Y and Rive Gauche (which I also have in full edp vap). These came in a box of 5 edp s by YSL and date aprox. From 1995 onwards. I turned 21 last week and this is a scent that I think I'll never be able to remove from my head. It's warm, so sweet and delicious, it's so inviting, like flamed peaches that almost turned into jam placed above some milky conoction and as you eat this dessert you clear your palate with the softest champagne.sadly this never developed into the chypre notes, perhaps because my bottle is really old. I was recently reunited with Champagne (i didn't know it had changed it's name until last week) because my aunt gave me Lancome's Tresor In Love as a gift, and as I wore it I noticed the peaches bore some resemblance as a fragrance that I learned to interpret as the sultriest when I was barely 5 years old and browsing through my mom's perfume collection. I'm not saying they're alike because they are completely different olfactory experiences, but the peaches brought me back to this frag. Needless to say, I never wore it at that age, neither will I do now, just to test it on my skin
It's like my little secret, I've been doing it since I was a child until I turned 15 and got my own perfumes to play with. My mother barely ever used this since she's into the more aldehydic kind of frag. This is my eternal peachy embrace.

Sissi
Sissi

Va Va Voom!

Yvresse is a Voluptuous 50's Pinup Model obviously a Bottled Blonde faux Tan Jayne Mansfield, Mamie van Doren, Marilyn Monroe, In a Red skintight Sequinned Mermaid cut sleeveless Gown
with her hips slowly gliding to a gentile Rumba of an Old Nat King Song Quizas Quizas Quizas, On an Old Record player,

The note of Peach is the Champagne she sips from that matches the Liquid luster of gold Bed sheets in a Luxurious Red & Gold Penthouse overlooking 5th Avenue On New Years Eve, As Yvresse dries to the middle the Innocent
note of peach Fades and the notes of Lychee and Smoky Caraway turnes Yvresse from a
Girlish ingenue to a Temptress, hungry and Full Bodied semi-sweet semi-tart lychee
adds a bit of a Uninhabited Territory before the pluck of the First Fruit of Eden Brings
Primal touches To Yvresse, Cardamon with juxitation of Cinnamon Dries the lychee.

as we Enter the final phase of Yvresse The First spice that comes steeping into the senses
Caraway Dry dominates the first minute then Cinnamon sweeter Supports the Caraway The Underpinning of Patchouli gives the base an Semi sweet earthiness
Amber & Musk Enrich the scent with it's sweet Texture

And Fiery Sandalwood Finishes Yvresse.

This Perfume is not for the Shy or a woman not to make wave Yvresse is the Opposite She Not Only Demands it She Screams IT! She's Larger then Life, Diva in a Bottle Nothing
is Subtle about her but if you want to stand out She's a Perfect Friend.

kneissl
kneissl

Yvresse, in this bottle (as above pic) is just the same as the original Champagne! The fragrance I wore on my wedding day in 1995 and still beautiful. I was distraught when I sniffed the new YSL La Collection Yvresse in the ugly little square bottle. Like someone said previously, it's just loud and offensive bearing little or no resemblance to this creation. It barks straight out of the bottle ... almost bit me, but I managed to get away :o)

luysza

I bought the 2. 0 oz. 60 ml bottle!

luysza

hello, can anyone tell me the code from the back of the bottle I bought one recently and I really want to know if it is authentic, please help me!!!

Cole86
Cole86

Yvresse is Beautiful! When my Mother wears this fragrance it wafts through the house and consumes everything in its wake like a loving embrace. Intoxicating, Sophisticated, Luxurious and Glamourous.

alchimia72
alchimia72

I recently received a bottle of vintage Yvresse as a blind swap. It was an heart stroke. Oh Yvresse, where have you been up till now?
A real glass of chapagne, fruity and sparkling. I love peach and apricot notes, and this scent contains sweet notes of these fruits. I fell in love at first sniff. I'm only sad because it's discontinuated.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Oh memories! I remember wearing this in my 20's thinking I should keep it til I'm in my 30's and now that I'm in my late 30's I fear I was ahead of my time in my perfume tastes. I blame my moms nose for that;) Too bad I really didn't appreciate the refined essence in this bottle! I too wore the original champagne and always had a tug of war with whether I actually liked it or not. I truly enjoyed its complexity but it was definitely one I wore too soon. The longevity was amazing and it always morphed from the sweet beginning fruity into an earthy, woodsy meld of texture that was just to the left of old ladyish but totally addictive. I miss it dearly.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I just couldn't believe it when I found a full vintage first original Champagne version of this awaiting me in a small city old perfume shop. My mother still has some perfume extract in a flatten down bottle. She used to wear this one on special winter nights many years ago, when my nose was starting to notice there were immense unknown territories of excitement there for me to explore them.

This was quite unusual when it was launched so I find myself intrigued by it.

I still find it playful and sweet. One of the few fruity classic scents I admire.

Lubylikes
Lubylikes

This is a fragrance that lingers, in memory too. You'll recognise it instantly when crossing paths with a wearer.

Mum gave me her full bottle of Yvresse (Champagne) with the complaint that she could smell only musk stick lollies whenever she wore it. Truthfully, she had tested Yvresse Legere and bought the Champagne through error.

9 April
On me, a fizz of juicy stone fruits tempered by blushing rose and my beloved patchouli a few moments later. The patchouli faded too quickly into a melange of headachy, syrupy sweetness which lasted an hour or two before settling.

It's VERY sweet and clingy, and even though stone fruits are in season, I'm not sure Yvresse and I could withstand a sticky Australian summer together unless I'm all sunkissed skin and windblown hair, floaty white voile and jewelled sandals on a breezy, bright blue day. Ha! Never gonna happen, lol!!

For winter I'm imagining a little black dress, upswept hair and heels and an apricot pashmina to trail behind me. So strong are it's furry fruited notes that I can't imagine wearing it with any colours other than orange or yellow blushed hues. As for jewellery, Yvresse is the only gold you'll need.

10 April
Sitting at my desk 36 hours later, I can clearly smell fruity traces of Yvresse wafting up from the surface of my desk. It's quite pleasant like a tantalising memory of the best champagne you've never had the chance to drink.

lazza

Yvresse is Champagne, Yves Saint Laurent renamed it due to a legal battle after it was launched in 1993. So was renamed Yvresse, not re-formulated. La Collection Yvresse is the re-formulatd perfume.

Am may I say what a huge diassapointment it is, I believe all the classics with certain notes (ie oakmoss for one), are being re-formulated due to oakmoss being an allergen to some people. Hence if you look at a lot of the chypre and some others families of perfume and their new formulations there is a lack of oakmoss or a very small percentage.

What we are left with are perfumes which lack depth,substance, good sillage, and not as long lasting as original formulations. Yvresse(Champagne) was my signature perfume for years, and feel have lost a great love of my life.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Já se passaram exatamente duas décadas da criação deste prodígio à época em que redijo está resenha, e ainda assim ele continua atual e indispensável para o meio o qual foi planejado. Sophia Grojsman e suas narinas habilidosas na esfera perfumística estão por trás dessa belíssima criação, e devo dizer que não é assombro se deparar com tão belo engenho vindo de uma profissional tão conceituada e excelente no serviço em que desempenha. Sun Moon Stars, Kashaya, Tresor, Lalique e muitos outros mais fazem parte do cabedal de elaborações perfumística da profissional, que por sinal demonstra certa preferência na criação de Chipres casados com Frutas e/ou algumas especiarias. Em toda sua genuinidade, Yvresse é conhecido por ser um copo de Champagne luxoso além de fino brindado numa bela, digamos que da marca Cristal Louis Roederer que envasa suas bebidas naquelas garrafas de cristal Baccarat que só de olhar dá enternecimento ao se aproximar, misturado a Pêssego e Hotelãzinha fresca, recém-colhida. Sua saída é uma fusão tão responsável que a impressão que a fragrância lhe remete chega a ser algo surreal, a Alcarávia ou Cominho, está torrado nesta obra, sem lembrar a triste recordação que o Cominho expõe em muitas fragrâncias por aí, misturado ao toque do Damasco e pitadas de Anis e Hotelãnzinha, posso apostar que aborrecedores de Anis podem usá-lo numa boa. Um parêntese abro aqui, em suas primeiras horas de evolução, acredito que entre suas notas de saída às notas de coração, ele remete muito à pegada das criações do perfumista Francois Demachy, especificamente à criação de Dior Homme, antes da reformulação. Aquele vestígio de maquiagem nele e no Dior Homme, dá-se de forma super proeminente, aposto na Íris, mais o Jasmim e nas Rosas secas, que de fato começam a “chiprá-lo”; tem uma pegada de Violeta irresistível nesse meio capaz de inebriar os sentidos mais nobres. E, por fim, Yvresse torna-se gigante pela excelentíssima combinação entre o Sytrax, muito conhecido pelas minhas terras amazônicas por Estoraque, famosa planta usada em banho de cheiro para afastar coisas ruins que perfumam quase que o dia inteiro, o Côco ralado à mão (aquele belo cheiro subindo), o Benjoim seco e apurado pelo tempo amarrado a raízes de Vetiver e raspas de Cedro embebidas em Baunilha quente, digamos especificamente que fervente. Bem, na minha concepção, Yvresse é excelente desde o berço, por se tratar de um perfume portentoso e tão bem elaborado, gustativo, por conta de sua abertura e de projeção arrebatadora, a fixação que nele opera é indizível, em mim excede a 18 horas tranquilamente... Simplesmente em sua aplicação é perceptível que se trata de uma fragrância para uma ocasião especialíssima, mas se você pretende usá-la para ir à padaria ou ao bar, vai de você estar consciente do desperdício de uma grande obra da perfumaria mundial que poderia ser empregada de uma forma bem diferenciada e proveitosa.

Créditos a minha Amiga Ludimila Rímolli!

kellybanana
kellybanana

i also have the yvresse from la collection, but after trying the original one today, that remake is quite a disappointment. it's very bold, the nectarine/peach speaks loudly for itself/themselves.

nothing beats the real champagne. yes, it speaks too, but quitely and sophisticatedly. it's like there's no need to yell to let people to take notice of you (if you know what i mean lol) but instead, it's otherwise, and naturally. the drydown is pleasant and i can feel the little bubbles sizzling on my tongue everytime i take a sniff. oh my goodness, 'girls just wanna have fun' is playing inside my head now...

PerfumedBrunette
PerfumedBrunette

Yvresse is NOT Champagne. Champagne is the elegant, beautiful, golden, smooth, creamy, ethereal older sister. Yvresse, although clearly a sibling, is the younger, loud, crude, harsh and almost vulgar younger sister. Champagne is exquisite. Yvresse has a loud cheapness to it. Champagne is Downton Abbey. Yvresse is The Real Housewives of Whatever.

antfarm
antfarm

Oh no. This begins smelling of peach-apricot baby food that has just been spit up. Then it becomes a close smell-alike of Rochas Femme, only spicier, less elegant, and disturbingly cacophonous.

amanda.gggggg
amanda.gggggg

My mom loves this fragrance. I think this one fits mature women very much.

AnnetteInFrance
AnnetteInFrance

Having now tested the original Yvresse (EDT) and the new collection version my thoughts are the following:
The 'collection' version is more brash and crude. I prefer the subtlety, femininity and delicatesse of the original. You definitely pick up the missing notes in the original too which makes it an altogether more creamy, soft and sensual fragrance.
I find the collection version slightly disappointing. One has all the class of Monica Bellucci and the other is Megan Fox.

freddinos
freddinos

What can I say about this scent... It is so beautiful and most of all unique... It opens with an intoxicating accord of true champagne blended with tangy nectarine and just a splash of sweeter peach. I can detect a prominent yeasted bread or brioche accord (actual champagne is also supposed to have a toasted brioche note too). It's mellow, dry, slightly woody and expensive at the same time, without any notes screaming their presence. It doesn't strike me as chypre at all, in fact I'm not sure how I would categorize it notes-wise. Nevertheless I can see 'Champagne' being appropriate for numerous occasions and cannot imagine people being offended by its presence. Let alone its -former- name, imagine being asked what are you wearing, and replying 'it's Champagne'! To my nose, a masterpiece

talamantra

Ideal perfume for the woman who wants to cause - but also knows how to causes
For women is the focus always on the woman who enchants with its touch of perfume

talamantra

Is a hymn of perfumers . Is the perfume of contrasts balance between antipathy and addiction
At first it is very intense that I can drunk .
But after 1 - 2 h is changing and incredibly SWEETENS
At the end of the day that you know is addicted
the best perfume with official signature of Sophia Grojsman ( naturally excludes La Perla because no official has the signature of believed to be the nose of La Perla )
Longevity very long lasting . Very high variability . Sillage enormous Dominant notes : Nectarine Carnation Cinnamon Litchi Patchouli Vanilla

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Yvresse is a sparkling beauty, unexpectedly gorgeous. I had only read that Yvresse reminded one of champagne, which I adore. So I had to try this fragrance when I saw it for sale at a very appealing price.

From the first notes it was beautiful, sparkling, light, lustrous, floral but roundly fruity like a good champagne, with apricot and peach notes like my favorite wine, riesling. For me this is the perfume equivalent of Cremant d'Alsace, which is a lovely sparkling wine made a la methode Champagneoise from the Riesling grape. The spice and fougere elements come in gloriously in the middle notes giving this scent a lovely balance and depth. These elements keep it from being just a sweet Sauterne like mess without the acidic balance of a good champagne.

The drydown brings out the woods, amber, benzoin and just enough musk to make this the perfect night time, evening out perfume. It is intriguing and very quietly sexy but not overpowering. This will be my go to dinner evening out perfume forever, I think.

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

Very chic ! Beautifull sent for an evening out. I keep it for those special occasions... just like a glass of champagne would be.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Lovely and warm, intense and smells unique. Has always been a favorite and always smells as good as it did when I first tried it. Scents lasts for hours and really makes you feel great.

mhubbard

Not bad, really does evoke a certain effervescent alcoholic beverage,a fruity but somehow dry flavor. That being said, I can't think of quite when to wear this.... certainly not to work, not at all for romance, perhaps in Spring to a party...although I don't dislike this, I'm still waiting for the occasion to wear it some many years later with an almost full bottle.

Emmanouil
Emmanouil

What to say about this perfume?? Reminds me my childhood...it was my present for my mother's birthday before almost 20 years and ofcourse, I am speaking for the "Champagne" before change the name. Until now,still remains my mother's favourite parfume even if the bottle has change and also the name. Classic,elegant,wonderous with great durability!!!

sally.west1
sally.west1

Still have a little of my original bottle of "Champagne" which is a much better name than Yvresse which means nothing to me! This scent is so original and specific that I was unsure of whether I actually liked it or not when I received the bottle as a gift a few years back. It smells like no other perfume, individual, sparkling and strong - lasts all day with one application. It is like a fruity champagne cocktail and after re-discovering it, I love it!

Veda

It's the perfect perfume for Christmas time!
Fruits, woody, champagne, sweet and chypre reminds me cakes, gatherings, fun, and some luxury!!!

Kysyona
Kysyona

I am affluent ( since you need to be if you have the yvresse addiction! ), sophisticated, immaculately-mannered and with a library in my head. This is how Yvresse speaks to me and commands to behave accordingly! This is THE upperclass lady scent, and it smells absolutely ridiculous on those who can't at least play the role! Cold season/evening substance, rather grownup ( would think twice before if I were in my 20s! ) and very content with life and itself: full-bodied, plum, sparkling currant or rose wine. It is everyday glamour of intelligence. Dimmed lights in an old library occupying a grand historic building, suede emerald ( I detect a little chypre in there ) and wine-coloured fabrics, curtains with tassels, old books sitting in neighbourhood of a cognac-filled glass and creme de la creme moving around slowly while discussing the burning political and social issues. When I wear it it makes me work for it, listen, read, learn, keep my back straight and never dine without a napkin and proper dinnerware. A very old beauty of a rapidly vanishing lifestyle: so grateful it has been at least preserved in a bottle! Apropos, the flakon of the ETD/ EDP is everything the scent is not ( the pure perfume bottle looks more sophisticated because of the golden "wiring" effect at the sides ): as far as you can get away from sophistication, a child's toy shape and hardly memorable, would not be bringing any grace to one's vanity table. The only thing that holds me back from keeping it inside a wall cabinet is the contents: I would never want it to be too far away from my reach. I sniff it at least one a day ( from the bottle cap) even when I am wearing other perfumes. It reminds me what I can be and what kind of woman I aspired to become when I was a little girl.

sheridanellis

This perfume is SICK. (In the way that kids describe today as completely off the charts, one of a kind unique & awesome). I wore this back in 1993 or 1994 (I may have already reviewed it here?) but tonight, it smells legendary. I scored a bottle off of an auction site and it showed up in a manila bubble padded parcel today. I was almost shaking when I opened it! This perfume holds scent memories for me. It reminds me of my infant daughter (who is now 21), bad days of a marriage that was mended and healed (we have now celebrated 23 years and were not sure we would make it beyond 4 years) and celebrations, birthday's, romantic date nights and special occasions (because that is all I could afford to wear it for, so saved every drop)back in the 1990's along with long black commercially crocheted sweater vests, Ricky Lake hosting talk television, thick black chunky loafers for women and premiere episodes of "Friend's". I am thankful to have "a nose" that leads me by the hand back in time, and more importantly, thankful that I am alive and can do that! "Champagne" or whatever it is called now will always be magical. My son, who is now 15.5 swears he can remember this scent from his infancy! Viva la Champagne! ;)

EDIT: I did, in fact review this scent earlier...to read more, please scroll down these reviews about 1/8 of the way down. Thanks! :)

Janey1966
Janey1966

Oh my, this one takes me back a bit! Don't you just LOVE that bottle? Such a shame it has been discontinued but I do remember having to use this sparingly, otherwise I'd get a corker of a headache.

Great scent though if you like them strong!

Alexandre
Alexandre

yes that makes you want to eat the smell of ripe peaches, or drink all "champagne"... Honestly, I can only feel the fruity notes ... For me it is already so great ... Similar to Le Roy Soleil by Salvador Dali. The price is killing ...

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

Luscious, juicy, sparkling and effervescent just like it's name of old 'Champagne'. A beautiful melange of nectarine, oakmoss, patchouli, aniseed & lychee. Lush and fresh for chic luncheons, cocktail parties, galleries and informal dinners.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

A sparkling late harvesst muscat dessert wine layered with seductive musk, sweet but dry fruit and vintage face powder and lipstick. The anise and mint do come through in this one too and the nectarine gives it a tart crispness. It does have a touch of the Original Valentino in here. This is a weird one but it is incredibly beautiful and I just adore it on others but on me it becomes an overwhelming wave of super tartness and headachey sweetness with a strange minty menthol note which just wont die down until hours later - I end up having to wait a whole day of feeling uncomfortable wearing this for the last hour or so of soft muskiness right before it disappears. Smells nice on my clothes but not on my skin. Lovely but just not 'my' perfume.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Oh how I've fallen in love with Fragrantica!
I just remembered on of my first "grown up" perfumes.

I got it as a gift from my mother one Christmas. Oh, how I loved spraying this on, it being still called Champagne.
I think it set the tone for the rest of my life expectations, at the moment more on a beer budget than Champagne however haha.

Being no more than 16 I think at that time it was EXTREMELY heavy and I had to use a light hand with it as not to upset anyone in class or the teachers.
I just remember how fuzzy and happy and sweet it made me feel every time I smelled it.
I wonder would it still smell the same and invoke the same feelings? Curious now.... one for the wish list.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I still have the same bottle of this I bought when it first came out and was called Champagne! You only need a couple of drops on pulse points and it lasts for hours-when the lawsuits were filed regarding the name, I stopped using it everyday so I could keep hold of it for as long as possible. I always referred to it as the lycee perfume,because to me it smells of sparkling fizzy juicy exotic fruits. I'm going to go and check it now and make sure it's still ok,because I forgot I still had it until joining this site !

LaPetite
LaPetite

I can't believe on how much i love this , i was sent a sample by plumblosom . (thank you!!!!)
I usually have a love/hate relationships with chyprés , and this one is definitely a love one !
Iamo , it makes my think a lot of Voulpté ( Oscar de la Renta) and in some way Sun Moon Stars ( Lagerfeld) , and guess what , it's the same nose , the great Sophia Grojsman !
But it's even better than Voulpté, ( which i really like ; ) Yvresse is more complex, last longer , less green and sweeter, fruitier .
Yvresse makes me think of anything but party , champagne ... To me it's much more a solar, warm, loving , reassuring , confident making perfume . Like a mom ( yet mine has never worn it , but had had Volupté however).
Bravo !

lisadev
lisadev

I LOVE this perfume! I have worn it since it was Champagne and still wear it to this day.

I have tried others but still go back to Yvresse... nothing compares to it in my opinion.

Unfortunately it is now discontinued and I can only buy online (although they have brought out a new version, which I hear is nothing like the original).

Soap
Soap

Definitely a boozy citrus scent, with honey and spice. Tangy, effervescent, contained. Excellent for nights out.

Reminiscent of when you've finished that second flute of bubbly and the party is just gettin' started! Celebratory, intense and stately.

Not a wild and out of control kind of buzz, but a good one. Love it.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Extremely sweet. I smell peach and heavy loud cinnamon. This is a cinnamon bomb. Great lasting power and high sillage. Be careful when spraying, don't overdo it.

It has been discontinued in my country. I bought a large bottle online and i'm glad I did. Finally this sparkely champagne (yvresse) in my collection <3

annahaener
annahaener

I have the collecton version and love it. I tried it before I tried the original one. couple of days ago i tried this version and was disappointed... the new one is sooo much better for my taste:)

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

you know how people describe getting champagne bubbles in the nose? this is how i felt after trying this version of yvresse. Let me say before we go too far, this is a different perfume from La Collection Yvresse (which to me is also a lovely scent). The first part is very brilliant and sparkly and hits you in the head like champagne would. There's the tint of peaches and nectarines in the first part. Then it warms down and the vanilla, cedar, amber, carnations and oakmoss come in. Give it a few minutes to develop after applying, this is a beauty not to be missed.
I have to add after wearing it a few more times that this beauty has fantastic longevity! It's firmly number one when I want a bubbly scent and after trying other perfumes with champagne notes or "fizzy" scents, this is still the best I have come across so far. Am very happy I got a big bottle since it's discontinued and I hope they will bring it back.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Rich fruity floral; sweet and tarty. White flowers, sugary peach, cinnamon and spice. I find oakmoss and carnation combo heavy in here. It strengthens with drydown, somewhat cloying and mature. It lasted longer that I wanted it to, half a day.

vanillabean23

Oh my! I'm going to have to eat my words (see my earlier review re: Yvresse). Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to sample this fragrance on a card at the chemist - just to reaffirm my previous view of this scent. I was SO WRONG. I first smelled this perfume about 20 years ago when it was called "Champagne". I couldn't stand it. It was so overwhelming dry and headache inducing, I thought - NEVER ever will I wear this hidious scent! Well, yesterday I fell in love with it. It smells different than 20 years ago. It's sweeter and the rose scent is far more prevalent. I'm convinced the formula is different - for the better!! I'm going to buy myself a bottle. I can't believe my 180 on this one! Perhaps it's because I'm older and have a more mature take on this fragrance. I'm so glad I tried it again.

leorine
leorine

very intensive and sexy but too much for casual

amelie
amelie

I had Yvresse while it was still known as Champagne. Quite expressive, rich, long lasting, though I'm not a big fan of this group. Nectarine, cinnamon, coconut and amber are notes that I felt the strongest, had a warm dry-down with patchouly and styrax, these are the notes which I remember most clearly. So typical of 90s, somewhere between the mythical past and present, Champagne sounds better. I like it though, I can not compare it with anything I have recently tried.

monamonib
monamonib

ibought yveress on girls review when iwent to the shop ifound two bottle but there were no tester to try so ibought and it was expensive 555 egyption bound about 93 dollar when iwent home and open it iwas very sad from the smell and ifelt that ithrough my money away and ileft it and itravelled for two month when igot back itried again what grate smell it turned into poeder smell but luxur grate and last long now iam happy ican enjoy it

sheridanellis

When this came out we lived in Montana. I had to BEG my mom to drive me to a mall that carried it that was two and a half hours away, and since it was icy and November the drive time was plus two more hours. She took me. I got my bottle of CHAMPAGNE with my fifty some dollars that took me weeks to save up. It was everything I dreamed of and more. The perfume was like a Brut Champagne. It is not overly sweet or "sugary" like a $5.00 bottle of pink stuff. This absolutely had an effervescent smell...how that is possible is Magical to me, but it did/does. The longer this stayed on my skin the warmer it became. I wore this for years and am so sad I did not save my original bottle with the word Champagne on it. :( It became my signature of the 90's for awhile and I want to revisit it again. If anyone has a sample of this to spare I would be willing to pay for it. :) Besitos & love my Fragrantica Family! xo

Troodos
Troodos

I wore this, when it was called champagne, at my wedding in the mid nineties. It fitted the occasion I think, a casual outdoor picnic with a punch and judy show, a man making balloon animals for the children and lots of friends good food and wine. Champagne the fragrance felt sunny, fun and happy, a bright and fizzy positive scent. I keep the bottle for old times sake but don't wear it. It has good silage in the 80s tradition, for all that is good and bad about that, but worth a try.

eruetim
eruetim

Yvresse, Yvresse yes yes yes!

I remember Champagne, of course,

This is my signature fragrance.

Mynetta

Updating my previous review:

The more I wear the more I love this wonderful powdery fruity perfume. Gosh, it is SO classy and comfortable.This is a complex fragrance, seductive, attractive, powdery and fruity scent with a hint of vanilla. Wonderful !! Mmmmmmm.. I love it so much!!

Considering it was made in 1993, this is timeless fragrance....it's obvious that regardless the recent fashion, people don't change so much through the time, so .. when something smells good, it simply smells good, doesn't matter where or when.

I think no one could regret having Yvress in the collection. Sooner or later you will discover it's beauty!

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

lovely people -

who could give a comment on a comparison of 100% love and yvresse - more talking about the heart and fonds

pls msg

very best

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Yvresse is a vibrant, sparkly fruity chypre on my skin. A very unique and interesting scent. When first sprayed on, a juicy golden ripe aroma of peaches and apricots is very noticeable. Minutes later the most delicious aroma of anise and mint appears mingled with a hint of cinnamon. Litchi then makes an appearance and stays till the end mixed in with woods, patchouli, vetiver and oakmoss . It is quite potent and more suitable for evening wear. Lasts for hours on the end.The bottle looks like champagne cork.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for modern Yvresse version)

Yvresse is a unique and interesting fragrance but it took me some time to understand it. I was expecting, based on the former name of Champagne and reviews, a fun and festive scent all the way. But Yvresse is actually not like that. In the beginning it is a happy and bubbly scent that does remind me a lot of fuzzy champagne and fun times but after the bright opening, the scent actually changes. It becomes almost melancholy. It is like I am left alone in an empty house after a wild New Year Party still wearing a cocktail dress but knowing that the party is over and a new day is slowly breaking on the horizon. It reminds me of “Happy New Year” song by ABBA that captures the beautiful and melancholy mood post New Year celebration. If you ever heard this wonderful song, you would know what I am referring to.

I do not have much experience with Chypre fragrances but based on my limited experience I do think that it is a nice fruity Chypre. The opening is a sparkly fruit cocktail with nectarine, peach and apricot. I love those three, so this short lived fruit explosion is an absolute delight for me. The scent slowly transforms into a soulful, pretty and gentle bouquet of flowers. It is complex with predominant rose at first and then strong and powdery violets. There is a mossy and damp note that lingers in the background. I think that is what makes this bouquet smells melancholy to me. The base notes are also beautiful and on my skin I get the woody vetiver, oakmoss and only slight sweetness from benzoin and vanilla. The sillage and longevity are above average.

Overall score is 7.5/10. I am glad that I gave this fragrance a chance. It is lovely but I do not think that it is for everyone. If you decide to try this beautiful fragrance, please spend time with it and perhaps it will decide to reveal to you its gentle, joyful and at the same time melancholy soul.

I.I
I.I

To me this perfume smells intensively like peach/nectarine/apricot marmelade. It's extremely longlasting and can be headache inducing if not applied with a very light hand. Its dry down is divine!
Yes, it's a retro perfume to me.
My daughter says it smells like an aromatic candle. I don't know where she gets this from.

mimi.smell

I've got it today. This is very UNIC perfume! Opens very specific deeeeep sweet fruty , maybe even "strange" For now I'm not shure I love it or hate it. Is really unusual! Actually I couldn't say exactlly what I smell in its opening. What is this: peach and coconut together, or what - it's strange.

But !!! The dry down is definitely fantastic.
I'll keep trying tomorrow.

And it's the same feeling like when I bougt the Swiss Arabian ALIA - opening was very strange deep sweet and bitter at the same time, than the dry down -fantastic. At first I was not shure about it but today I looooooovee it so much!

candymarie
candymarie

Thank you to Sherapop for putting a name to what I smell in this one but could not put my finger on: damp sisal rug and straw basket. In other words, VERY CHYPRE!

Based on the reviews and the votes for main notes, I was expecting a strong peach and cinnamon mix slightly tempered by chypre notes, but it's actually the other way around; for me the fruit and cinnamon are barely there, if at all, at any point in the opening or the drydown.

I would call this interesting and edgy, and back in my green floral youth, I might've embraced it. But these days I'm like a drug addict whose synapses have been forever modified by their drug of choice, mine being sweet and spicy orientals. Yvresse is just not sweet enough for me, I'm afraid.

Edit: I tried this again a few days later and found it to be much sweeter this time. I think maybe the first few sprays were different because the juice had been sitting in the sprayer for a while. It's still very chypre at the base, but I now understand others' reviews about sweetness.

Yvresse is not easy to find nowadays, but I don't mind since it's not an absolute favourite of mine. I don't love it, but I like it!
It was popular many years ago, both as Champagne and later as Yvresse, slightly different.
Recently I smelled it on a co-worker who didn't know about the meaning of Yvresse in French (written with I) and was a little surprised about the name and immediately recognised it! It's unmistakable!
Many memories came back to my mind.
Yvresse is a frizzy, sweet, peachy, playful and flirtatious scent!
Forget about the flat plastic cake typical sweet&peachy of the 2K. Yvresse is sweet&peach from the '90s! Much more layered and less heavy in its final effect. In some ways it stays high-vibe till the end. Longlasting, not common these days, do not overspray. Great value for your result!

Demoiselle
Demoiselle

At LAST! I have wanted this perfume for ages but found it too expensive to buy in Dublin (I am a poor university student cursed with an expensive taste in perfumes). I stumbled across it yesterday - one last dusty bottle on the shelf of a pharmacy that claimed they didn't sell it- at exactly a third of the regular retail price. The joy of getting to finally move it from the 'I want' list to the 'I have' list!

It is undeniably gorgeous. Within the first five minutes you get a strong burst of the Nectarine and Apricot and then the lovely Cinnamon sets in. This delicious scent continues for about an hour - the cinnamon keeping the fruit in a mature and classy state and the fruit stopping the cinnamon becoming too heavy and stuffy. Then I get a really crisp, almost bitter fruity scent that lingers for an entire day (some people will not like that phase, bu I love it - its so distinctive). It really does smell like Champagne but in ways that are hard to describe; its fruity but dry, light but strong. Instead of winter I'm going to try wearing this on a summer night - it just brings that kind of elegant fete to mind.

chef
chef

love it love it
bought in macy's in the nineties almost 100.00 well worth it still have my bottle yeah!
makes me feel bubbly :)

me79
me79

This is a lovely Fragrance, clean, CRISP, zesty and classy !

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a mature and sophisticated scent for shure . Very peachy, dry fruit, and cinnamon. . i did feel a quite strong hit off caraway mixing at first , blending in whit the peach , then it settles a bit after a wild , not very much imo. but a slight change on my skin , More violets and rose gets in , Still sparkely and vibrent. then it changes again and i feal like a cinnamon cake. This is so so strong , i usualy like that but whit all the cinnamon, i feel abit overpowerd.
This is very mature , ( a bit old school )The coconut also lingers in there and this to me in this mix makes me a bit sick..
i so wanted to love this , but this is to strong for me i think.

But i can clearly see how this can be beautiful one somebody else . i guess its just skin cemestry again.
Because it is realy a special and georges scent.. just to much for me ..

etmpewo
etmpewo

I have the old formula as well: Champagne.

To me it smells faintly sweet fruity. It also smells powdery and a little hint of soap.

The longer it dries down, the more I start to like it.
And it lasts for ever.

I'm glad I bought it.

krmarich
krmarich

Controversy can either hurt or help a fragrance. I did neither for Yvress. If you have the original bottle its highly collectible. It is totally the early 90s trademark that seemed to be everywhere. It was the first YSL since Paris and was really popular.

The composition itself pays tribute to the classic chypres of the past-Cotys original, Mitsouko and Y. Unlike the dry, elegant queens of the past, Yvress is sweet and wet. Yes, the chypre base is there, yet the peach rose mish mash nearly creates a new class. Instead it was another Sophia Grojsman fruity sensation. Its boozy, like a sweet desert wine. Indeed, its not dry champagne. Oh, the hangover I have from it!

The current formula has the oakmoss turned way down. Its not a chypre at all, today.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Instead of champagne, what I smell at first is a floral note like sharp linden and mimosa, a good bit of violet, and some spices, mainly cloves and cinnamon. At first the peach aldehyde seems overdosed, producing what to me is a sour off-note in an otherwise lovely composition, and producing a sillage that’s full of slightly rancid dried peaches and apricots, not fresh ones.

To me, this is a peach-pie gourmand scent, at least for the first couple of hours, after which the chypre notes creep in, producing a beautiful fruity-spicy-mossy scent that reminds me a little of Rochas Femme. This phase lasts for a few hours, and as it dries down further it seems to me to become more oriental-gourmand in character, with spices, woods, resins, and fruit. There’s a good bit of sillage, and the scent really lasts - over 12 hours on skin. Were it not for the excessive dried apricot note, I think this could have been a “love it” fragrance.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

I remember I loved this when I was 19 (and it was still called Champagne). I've had very fond memories of it over the years (plenty have gone by) but i've not had a sniff again until today.

I was quite disappointed at first, this seemed overly strong and heavy and not at all as bubbly as I remembered. But after the initial smell I can now recognize the notes that made me love this perfume. Unofrtunately, I think I've grown out of it, onto fresher and lighter scents.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

My lovely Yvresse...With your lively, provocative and bold character, you give me joy every time I wear you, a kind of "dolce vita" feeling. In my opinion, you are one of the best peachy-fruity combinations in perfume history.
I get a Christmas potpourri note in the drydown, as well a delightful sweet cocos trace that makes it even more gourmand with hours gone by. All notes together are creating a sparkling Veuve Clicquot impression, you can almost feel the bubbles of champagne on your tongue. A memorable smell.

ION
ION

mmm....this perfume smells like champagne!
To be honest I only smelled this once, in a public bus in Rome, many many years ago. Back then it was called, "Champagne"!
I have no idea how much different it is today under the
name "Yvresse" (this whole debate about the name was pure nonsense in my opinion), but I remember it was a very clever perfume (this apricot-nectarine interference is to be admired) that added elegance and a good taste quality to the individual who wore it.
Nothing more to say really, for me "Champagne" tastes and smells like a vibrant applaud of admiration to the nose behind it.

pippab
pippab

I can't say I'm a fan of this one. My friend wears Yvresse, and I have to say I find it too fizzy and acidic. She loves it and can't get enough, but a male friend of hers told me that although he's very fond of her, he can't stand her perfume and that it gives him a violent headache. Her personality is bubbly and bright, and so I guess it suits her.

takeasniff

The people who say this dries to crayons I agree. It smells like makeup to me like a good lipstick or how lipsticks used to smell I haven't noticed a strong smell on any new lipsticks these days. The same happens with First Love by Van Cleef Arpels. They dry to a smell of a makeup case. Similar smell to Kenzo Flower. A lot of people say that smells like baby products but I just smell makeup face powder lipstick and blush. Must just be my strange nose maybe nobody else would agree I am not sure. When a lady is wearing these perfumes near me it reminds me of my Nan. She is very pretty and when I was little she would kiss me on the cheek and I could always smell her makeup but in a feminine way not disturbing way. I love this smell and it is quite unusual it is a type of perfume I really like and will look for nowdays.
I also have this experience with Chanel No.5 which I also love.

jtd
jtd

More like Sauternes than Champagne, but I don’t want to start another trademark issue for this fragrance. Yes, this has similarities to wine, but it seems much more like a sweet dessert wine than anything else. And, yes, there is a chypre base to Yvresse, but overall the fragrance is much more about fruitiness and sweet florals. A well-made sweet wine is one where all the fruit/honey/sweetness is balanced by a proper degree of acidity, though the acidity is a small element when compared to the sugar. The point is largely lost on me with dessert wines and I guess here as well.

I get all the other comparisons---Chinatown but without the full dose of the chypre base; Femme, but with less cumin and more honey. But the real point of comparison to me is another Grosman work, Prescriptives Calyx. Calyx has all the fruit, all the rose, but a bit less sugar and more moss. Granted, a different flavor (guava v peach) makes for a qualitative difference, but compositionally, there’s much to compare. Calyx’s success is taking the fruitiest of fruit scents, one that you can almost taste (ripe guava) and balancing it with enough moss and dry rose to compensate for the sweetness, leaving a heady aroma with a spectacularly balanced drydown. Yvresse uses sweeter fruit, adds honey-like amber, uses a sweeter rose, and less moss. Yvresse does lose some of the sweetness as it ages, but what is left without the sweetness? It gets threadbare.

I applaud YSL for making a sensible-shoes version of the 1990s fruity floral, but I’m picky about my fruity chypres, and this one I don’t quite love. Seen as a fruity floral, and compared to the raft of sticky sweetness that was selling like mad at the time, it is a smart choice. But as a fruity chypre, it can’t hold its own against Diorella, Cristalle, Chinatown or its YSL sibling, Y. I can see why fruity chypres might have been seen as fertile ground to create more ‘accessible ‘ (read: better selling) fruity-florals at the time, but it’s the balance that’s lost. Remember: this was the year Cristalle EDP was released. Cristalle, but sweeter, less sharp and nicer. God god, who wants that?

GinsTheThing
GinsTheThing

Such a yummy fragrance - love the peachiness. I have 'Champagne' but the dry down ends up with a crayon tinge. Not horrible but there all the same at the end I can't pin this down - what note could end up like this ?

raych
raych

My all time favorite smell since 16 lol I've almost doubled in age now... can't find champagne these days unless it's online the lady at the shop told me they changed the name to yvrese??? wierd... Anyhow I shall persevere... I love that it stays for a long time even after I've showered there's still a hint left!!!

chowchow41
chowchow41

I bought the edt after reading al the revieuws and everybody was wright. It is a sparkling scent that makes you happy the moment you spray it on. It is like as if you have bathed in champagne. i LOVE it. Thank you all for convincing me to buy this great scent.

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

I've had both, Champagne and Yvresse.
Loved, loved, LOVED Champagne!
I like Yvresse, but... to me, it's a weaker version of Champagne.
The Champagne would stay on me until I washed it off.
Yvresse seemed to fade after about 3 hours.
Short of this fact, I have to say that out of the few "light" fragrances I own(ed), this one brought many compliments from all age groups.

passionata20

GIRLS! i am on cloud nr9!
Recently i have purchased a bottle of pure parfum "Champagne" in 50ml size (it is a tester spray bottle) and now it will last me for apporx. 50 years i think :)) Now i spare my 7,5 ml parfum bottle for my dressing table and can use this one instead.
This is a powerful stuff! I also have botlle of 50ml EDT "Champagne" and i can say that while they smell both strong and powerful, the EDT is more watery, like a peach champagne indeed, but the pure parfum is more creamy and intense of course. Like a fizzy peach juice with flesh of peaches. A bit heavier but i looove it. Lasting power is simply amazing, it lasts and lasts and lasts. Once again i repeat that this is quite in the same direction as "Tresor", but without that heavy rose note!
P.S. I have never tried "Yvresse" version so my review is for "Champagne" version only.

airubgirl
airubgirl

This was my first "real" perfume purchase when I was in my early 20's. It was my signature and the only scent that I wore. It still holds a special place in my heart and fragrance wardrobe. For me this scent is a little black dress and high heels, but on the flip of that, I can and have worn it with jeans and a tank top. With it's bright sparkling top notes, warm cozy dry down and the luscious floral heart, it is a dichotomy of playfulness and sophistication. I still have a bottle of the original, when it was called "Champagne", and it just gets better with age as a great perfume should do. The sillage is just right, haloing around the wearer and the lasting power is amazing. While I don't wear it any longer, I still hold onto that bottle and give it a sniff on occasion and smile at all the memories it holds.

yvankraft
yvankraft

La fraîcheur de la nectarine y trouve la gentillesse de la rose, jusqu'a ce que le vétyver annonce sa chaleureuse présence. Encore un chef d'oeuvre de Sophie Grojsman, génie de la parfumerie, créatrice des senteurs les plus romantiques comme Paris (YSL) et Trésor (Lancôme).
Comme le champagne, Yvresse nous offre des moments d'inconscience heureuse et inconséquente. Si c'était une pièce de musique classique, Yvresse serait "La Valse" de Ravel.

The freshness of the nectarine meets the kindness of the rose, until the vetiver announces its warm presence. A masterpiece by Sophie Grojsman, the genius who created so many romantic fragrances like Paris (YSL) and Trésor (Lancôme).
Like the finest champagne, Yvresse offers us beautiful moments of happy and inconsequential unconciousness. If it was a piece of classical music, Yvresse would be "La Valse" by Ravel.

SingaporeGirl1975
SingaporeGirl1975

Unfortunately I am not keen on Yvresse, smells exactly like children's antibiotic syrup(lovely flavour). Its primrose yellow residue on my skin was identical in appearance too.

passionata20

Just wanted to add to my review below that this is a fragrnace of joy to me, whenever i am in a bad mood i just lift up the lid and smell this amazing sparkling peachy fragrance. The sillage and lasting power are amazing for EDT concentration, even only touching the lid of my EDT bottle already leaves my fingers smell nice for a while and i tell you, that IS something!!! I just wonder why YSL comes out with less remarkable perfumes nowdays and is not promoting this beauty anymore? Has it been discontinued? In Scandinavian countries i haven´t seen it for a long time, don´t know about the rest of the world.
This could be my replcement for a "dolce vita" since the last one has been ruined by reformulation. I know that they are not the same but "Yvresse/champagne" actually associates in my mind with the term Dolce vita also since it is full of joy and happinies to me, just like dolce vita.:)

mystica
mystica

Yvresse is a sparkling sweet-fruity-floral bomb. It's gourmand.. It has a killer sillage and a good longevity. Very feminine... If I am to choose colors to define this, it would be pink and bright orange.

Sourneli
Sourneli

I loved it, I still like sent, but I prefer now parfums like Shalimar and Musk Ravageur

ATTIA**
ATTIA**

I started wearing this as a teenager because it was
so sweet,i still love it but im not to keen on its sweetness anymore my perfume taste has changed and
im now into musky strong fragrances.

takeasniff

This to me is the old fashioned Gucci Flora. It is bright and sweet and uplifting but in a thick syrupy way. It is much better than Gucci Flora and it is very French. I love it and it lasts and lasts if you like the strong sweet smell then it is worth the money because you really shouldn't have to reapply it once sprayed. It gets into your clothes as well so don't spray too much. As other reviewers have said it smells like champagne and if you like ultra sweet perfume but want it to last and not smell juvenille then this is the one to go for.

Happydelight
Happydelight

Fantastically amazing fragnance! It contains much haracter, it is not so banal, shallow or simple, i am overwhelmed by its beauty of different notes, which are a complete harmony! Yvresse is worthy your attention!

Louw
Louw

I've always loved this fragrance but I can't wear it any more as it gives me a migraine. It is a really bright, cheery feel-good perfume with lots of rich rose wrapped in a warm mossy comfort blanket over a base of patchouli. Beautiful and uplifting!

milena
milena

AFTER ABOUT A MONTH OF WEARING THIS PERFUME I FINALLY GREW ON TO IT OR SHALL I SAY ON ME IT SMELLS QUITE PEACHY WITH A CHAMPAGNE TWIST. I WASN'T A FAN OF TOTAL FRUITY SMELLS. AT FIRST WHEN I BOUGHT THIS ON IMPULSE BASING ON REVIEWS AND THE BEAUTIFUL BOTTLE, THE SCENT ACTUALLY TURNED ME OFF. IT DOES GIVE A LITTLE HEADACHE AND THE FRUITINESS DIDN'T APPEAL TO ME.BUT AFTER SOME WEARING THE PERSONALITY OF THIS PERFUME BLOSSOMED INTO A VERY SEXY FLIRTY SCENT. THE DRY DOWN IS VERY FEMININE,LIGHTLY MUSKY AND MOSSY. A TRUE MASTERPIECE CREATION. IT MAY NOT APPEAL TO EVERY ONE,I THOUGHT I WAS ONE OF THEM BUT I WAS WRONG. IT IS CLASSY.

vanillabean23

No offense, lovers of this classic fragrance, but I've never been able to get along with this one. I find it too intrusive and headache inducing. I wish it didn't have to be this way. Oh well, there are many more fine YSL fragrances out there!

Natalie467
Natalie467

Weeeeeee! A new love!

Didn't like it sniffing from the bottle, nor for the first few minutes after application, could be the caraway, which I hate in foods, but perfume it may be a different story. Patience is a virtue. Less than 15 minutes into it, it's heaven. It's a happy, fizzy, bubbily concoction of fruits,spice, flowers and coconut! I swear I smelled coconut with a touch of vanilla from the beginning. Yvresse is the happiest, most uplifting chypre I know-off the top of my head. It smells yummy, but not in an edible sense.

Silliage/longevity is fabulous, sprayed on last evening, still going strong this afternoon. Would I buy a bottle? Yes, when the one I got in a swap with Krmarich runs out. Thanks, K! It took me forever to give this a good go, but it's lovely~

passionata20

My review is for "Champagne", not "Yvresse", i don´t know if they are identical so i just inform you just in case.
I don´t remember how "Yvresse" smelled like (it is not available where i live anymore) and if it is similar to "Champagne", i have only the "Champagne" version of this fragrance both in EDT and pure parfum and i love them! I haven´t tried the pure parfum yet, because it was very expensive and i cherish it, only smelled it from the bottle, but today i finally tried the EDT version of "Champagne" and it is YUMMY!
Have you ever tried a drink named "Bellini"? It is a champagne with a peach juice from fresh peaches. This is almost like "Champagne" smells like! Incredibly fizzy and peachy with a delicious rose note. I do think the opening is similar to "Tresor" before it was reformulated but with more peach in it. Absolutly delicious and long lasting! I wanted to bite myself, so yummy it tasted. I don´t get much chypre note from this fragrance on me it stays for a long time peachy-rose.
Definitly a must have for warm days party nights!!!
Definitly will buy more bottles while they are still available! A must have for those who love sweet fruity perfumes with strong peach note!

olga1780
olga1780

OMG, this perfume is incredible, simply incredible!!!!! When I wear it and every time I breath in I literally have a taste of sweet fizzy champagne im my mouth. I rarely get so emotional over a fragrance, but this is the case! I think Yveresse is one of a kind and should be on every perfume collector's shelf.This is a great happy and vivacious spring and summer time fragrance. The sillage and longevity are outstanding, way beyond average!

krissycat
krissycat

I was waiting to wear this for several hours before reviewing this, because at first I really thought I don't like this perfume. Upon first application this is oober strong, so much so that I almost got an instant headache and I just did not like the top notes. I found them way too overwhelming, almost in a sickening way... but a couple hours in is when I start to love this perfume. The top notes settle down and what's left is really quite intoxicating. This fragrance lasts and lasts and lasts... and the sillage is amazing on this one. I actually was testing out different scents today and I had four different ones on on different pulse points, the one that I smelled the strongest, and the one that lasted WAY beyond the others was this one. This is reasonably priced and yes, it does kind of smell like champagne to me. :) I kind of felt like I was at a wedding reception while wearing it. Good perfume.. it's a keeper

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

This is my current favourite party fragrance. I feel irresistable when I wear this and it stays all night and into the morning (for breakfast).True to its name and notes, it sparkles for me. Its distinctive and memorable. Love it! I have another in reserve.

Yes and you can add Celine Magic to this family group as well, also a Grosjman child and sharing a lot of notes with Yvresse!!

Calyx

I'm convinced Yvresse is the love child of Tresor (another Sophia Grojsman creation) and Deci Dela (created by Jean Guichard), conceived after a wild night of champagne cocktails.

It's inherited its big peach-apricot accord from Tresor, but the lovely chypre base that is so similar to Deci Dela's keeps it from being OTT sweet.

You might say it has the "face" of Tresor, and the "bone structure" of Deci Dela.

Special note for lovers and haters of anise: I think it must contribute in some way to the "booziness" of Yvresse, but the anise is almost undetectable here.

Cereza
Cereza

Oh, this is so lovely. It opens with lovely burst of peach and champagne, it's very fruity, sweet and sparkly. Actually the "sparkly part" makes this bearable as sometimes when the fragrance is too sweet it disturbs me.
Here it's so lovely. It's sparkly, almost like fruit bubble gum like and I enjoy this very much on my wrist.
The sillage is a killer and in this case - an awesome thing as this is so extremely lovely.
It has it all. Sweetness, sourness, classyness and it's awesome. Yay.

Calyx

Here is a translation of luisa margarita's review:

Peaches bathed in syrup and liquor on a bed of cinnamon... This perfume is a masterpiece (personal opinion). Dramatic without falling under its own weight.

natalochka
natalochka

Black tea and peaches on first 2 hours.After become the oakmoss.If first part is very sweet, even steeke, second is more serious and mature---that a realy chypre.I was wear YVRESSE all this summer, great to wear under sun and siladge power is amaising.Always will have it.Realy french perfum.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

What a beauty! Smells like Tresor's twin sister, it is just more chypre.
I sprayed it once this morning and I can still smell it on my wrist.
It is an elegant fragrance, very feminine and the most dominant note is a peach, apricot and nectarine here. I did not get much caraway (like in Magnifique) or cinnamon (like in Tigre sample i tried the other day). I also did not detect coconut but all the notes are mixed in a mysterious way so that you have to try very hard to work these out!
Oakmoss is very much present, that is for sure, it makes the fragrance so..chypre :-)
Beautiful, long lasting with an elegant sillage.
Not a killer but very much noticeable.
I am so wearing it to work on Monday!
Great job, Sophia!

This is a fantastic perfume, and what a GREAT price! It is a masterpiece and very unique. I consider my bottles Champagne, Yvresse and Dolce Vita in the same line of each other. But this gem being available online for such a fantastic price!!
YSL is just amazing making this possible!

Not as golden glittery as I thought it would be for something originally called Champagne. It's a nice nectarine, rose smooth base scent,but I was hoping for more sparkle and deeper 'color'. Nice, but not rich enough for it's name. Still, I can't stay away from the sample, so I suspect it will grow on me as I continue to experiment with it.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I've just tested the original Champagne fragrance. This is exactly like my idea of how champagne should smell in a perfume. Sparkly but sweet. Very nice.

aromaminx
aromaminx

i had a bottle of 'champagne' once then a few years ago ,not being aware of the winemakers hoo ha i noted a very simular shaped bottles on the shelves of my designer stores.approaching the counter i picked up a tester bottle..there it was,dazzling,high-spirited ,almost 'drinkable'. i looked again and noted the YSL logo......and has bought a bottle of this delightful concoction ever since...at last count.5 empty bottles and 2 'on the go',one at my beach house the other city home
.................btw.......LOVE is an understatment when it comes to this

Lyndale
Lyndale

@Enigmatict@ This was the very first "Proper" perfume I bought, back when it was very first released. For years it was my signature scent until it was replaced by Paloma Picasso's Tentations. Prior to "Champagne" I only ever used Yves Rocher fragrances but after a few months they always seemed to go stale and unpleasant. After finding this beautiful YSL fragrance, I was determined that I would rather save my money and buy fewer, smaller bottles of decent quality perfume than ever buy Yves Rocher again. Until earlier this year when I was recommended to try Rose Absolue. Yves Rocher have clearly come on in leaps and bounds because I have to agree with you, Rose Absolue is a beautiful scent. It reminds me of my honeymoon, warm clear evenings, sat beside the pool with my new husband, candles flickering on tables, the scent of roses and Turkish Delight and a feeling of sitting in Paradise!

Maki
Maki

Too bad YSL had to change the name of this fragrance because of the law suits of those champaign-producers (or were they campaign-leaders..??)anyhow... awesome because who'd feel the urge to open a bottle of (now) Yvresse and to drink the stuff...?!!
For 'Champagne' DID suit this scent: Joyful and sparkling it was..don't know if it has been reformulated..haven't smelled is for ages...
Good memories though...

Roma27
Roma27

I absolutely love this although my husband can't stand it. There's just something about chypre scents that does it for me. It will always remain one of my favourites as it settles beautifully.In my opinion a excellent winter perfume.

theloveofperfumeismine
theloveofperfumeismine

I kid you not I put this fragrance on and my nephew told me i smelled like old lady, first time i experience this kind of review with any fragrance

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This has all the hallmarks of a truly great YSL - longeveity, huge sillage, uniqueness & quality blending - so why don't I love it??

I don't know if it is the power of suggestion but this really does have a cool, bubbly, fruity, winey scent. It is attractive but I find it really weird. I just don't understand it.

polka
polka

I know no perfume similar to Yvresse. I’d feel helpless if asked to compare it to any other fragrance in order to help someone imagine how it smells. This is quite a different fragrance, very separate, very special. And very beautiful.

The beginning is like a cool, but very sunny morning, announcing a beautiful warm day: fizzy, bubbly, brisk; it pinches the sense of smell just like champagne teases a tongue. Then it becomes round and juicy; it smells like warmed by the sun, ripe peaches, mashed in the palms and poured with a tiny bit of dry wine or vodka. I would say I can also smell... raisins; these slightly sour ones. This can be not a wrong association actually: after all, both champagne and raisins are made of grapes. In the dry-down, the chypre comes to a full voice, giving Yvresse this intimate, bodily undertone. The scent sticks close to the skin and wraps you with a somewhat sweet, blissful feeling of sensual laziness.

All notes develop gradually, one phase passess into the next one smoothly, almost unnoticeably, harmoniously. The head note of Yvresse is a joyous, upbeat cocktail for your soul, and the base - as in the case of many chypre frags - becomes sensual and luscious, reminding of a sweet erotic game of tasting fruits and champagne straight from the lover’s body, warmed up by passion.

It’s elegant, it’s sexy (but not in a too obvious way), it’s classy. Love it.

A tip: if you’re to try Yvresse, do not do it on a chilly, cloudy day. This fragrance – just like grapes – needs warmth and sun to fully develop and reveal all of its beauty.

To my great despair, EDT that I own does not last longer than a few hours on my skin.

@selenium28 - It's no wonder that you can smell a similarity between Yvresse and Paris! Both fragrances were created by Sophia Grojsman.
I love here fragrances very much.
Yvresse smells to my nose like nectarine, champagne and vanilla.
DELICIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!! Good enough to drink ;)))

delphine67
delphine67

this is a very sparkling and joyful perfume. Had it in the 80s

selinum28
selinum28

Yvresse reminds me Paris so much! Of course, they don't smell the same, but both leave the sensation of being very refined versions of great natural smells. This one has a defined fruity touch, but it is not watery: Yvresse is actually dry, convincing, even imposing.
It is about power and greatness flowing without obstacles or violence. I find this one to be a wonderful perfume to wear in a celebration.

applemint
applemint

Yvresse has all the desirable notes,the reviews are very promising, so I ran to order a bottle.
Right now I feel like a scared mouse with a big cat called Yvresse sitting in my house.
I have to get rid of it... I said...she smells like my aunt's hand lotion and my mother's face-powder from 30 years ago.......then I came here to read through the reviews again, see if I missed someone warning me of flashbacks of hand lotions or aunties ....
But Mitsouko's (which fragrance also reminds me of Yvresse by the way) words turned on the light, where she describes it as :amusing, appealing, warm, theatrical, baroque, gold.
Wow exactly.
I just have to concentrate on these words (esp. on -baroque!-) when I wear Yvresse (:

nyoka
nyoka

i have heard this is similar to tresor,but it isnt.the only thing they have in common is the lucious peach beginning.both of them feel like a big juicy peach running down ur chin because it is so juicy.after that this becomes more of a floral woodsy scent.the oakmoss is fairly strong mixed with the beautiful varied flowers.it hust about last all day,and smells wonderful the whole time.it feels like u just woke up in a flower garden after taking a refreshing nap.not my signature scent,but could be.im just s little tired of florals.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Firstly I just have to mention the nostalgia this perfume creates, it was big in the 90's and I remember smelling it alot and being kind of entranced by it as a young boy if a woman was wearing it.

The very fact that it was called Champagne I think has made people kinda believe that this perfume smells like...wine/fizzy bubbly champagne by the mere power of suggestion...

My opinion is this.. this is mainly a fruity perfume at first and it smells like blackcurrant. Even though blackcurrant is not listed...that's what I can smell..purple berries. Does anyone else get that??
Behind it is that ever so familiar softness that makes you want to keep sniffing, it smells..like nothing else. It's classy but to some people it could be on the verge of sickly because it has a weird sweetness to it.

The dry stage is where the true magic happens, this is the sort of scent that nestles into your skin but still holds its own smell, it doesn't morph with your chemistry.

The fruits have died down and now it's a sweet, fuzzy...intoxicating perfume which is VERY hard to describe.

In my opinion it's a masterpeice whether you like it or not and it lasts SUCH a long time it's quality is astounding!

I own a huge bottle of this for nostalgic purposes and enjoy wearing it for that reason alone.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'll keep my comments short because those before me have already expressed what I would say.

I agree with waiting this one out, and giving it more than one try; yep, that was my experience too.

For an EDT this is impressively long lasting and strong. What a treat to consumers!

As a chypre it is not one of my favorites, but it is one I appreciate and am glad to have tried. (I prefer darker scents and this one is quite fruity. I've smelled litchi before so i know how it likes to make it's sweet self known)

Great value, good chypre. Thumbs up.

Veda

The first "Yvresse" was with the name Champagne.
I'm so glad I have them both!!!
I love the scent..Smells for hours!

kittymoon
kittymoon

Probably a masterpiece in a perfumeur kind of way (seeing all different components of this perfume) but for me it's just too much of a good thing. Luxuriouis, theatrical, sweet, glamurous. Too overwhelming.

guest_sistertricked
guest_sistertricked

Yvresse as a perfume puzzled me for more than two weeks, and the reason is... that I just couldn't make it live up to the reviews I had read about. Fizzy - intoxicating - addictive - calming ... it wa sjust not IT. AT ALL! I tried it four times in a row and then I passed on to other perfumes, while I noticed my mom make use of it. This is where the story begins: I used to follow her around and get wafts i really enjoyed, then I picked it up and regularly used it, but without passion ... at first. It grew on me, now I realize that it IS all this: peachy (to die for) - fruity (it has a fruity air, not a fruity kick) - a cyphre - intoxicating and addictive. I too could bathe in it. I personally like the top and middle notes best, they are succulent, peachy-spicy-fizzy, especially when the vetiver joins in. On my skin this phase doesn't last more than half an hour, so my trick is to spray some on my clothes. This way the top and middle notes are maintained, and I find myself sniffing all the time. What surprises me is that it really is intoxicating, to the effect that it becomes addictive and you find yourself to ask for more, even when it is just enough, but well, if you are at home you just need to indulge, so it IS inebriating, you need it, just one fresh spritz and a sniff to calm your olfactory need.
I repeat: I did not like Yvresse from the beginning, it was Yvresse itself that converted me. So please do not just try it once, give it one or two weeks until it really grows on you and talks to you. It just happened to me...

If someone had told me prior to testing Yvresse that it is possible for a fragrance to smell fizzy, to give one a feeling of small bubbles tickling the nostrils, I probably would have laughed. How this fragrance has managed to encapsulate every quality of a glass of sparkling white wine is beyond me.

Yvresse opens very tart, fruity, strong and yes, fizzy. Whether you like the scent or not, the olfactory experience you witness is unlike anything you'll ever come across.

Just like a glass of champagne, Yvresse entertains us with sophistication and intoxicating appeal. The incredibly unique blend of notes throughout makes this fragrance truly unforgettable. One of a kind.

The apricot, nectarine and peach do come on rather strongly at first and in some ways the result could be described as sharp. It is actually this quality however that I enjoy.

There is only a touch of sweetness in this fragrance, which is mostly caused by the coconut, cinnamon, litchi and vanilla. This sweetness is not unpleasant, just a little odd at first. Something that your nose will need time to adjust to.

There is no doubt in my mind that this fragrance has been aptly named. Champagne is exactly what it smells like. I love that the later name has been derived from the word 'Ivresse' meaning intoxication.

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

I received this as a gift from a dear friend...(Dark Curls)...for Christmas...oddly enough my mother wore this too...which is why she bought it for me...I love how it stays with you all day...you don't have to touch it up...but eh...it doesn't hurt...:)

Lady Love
Lady Love

if I have to give a prize to the most original parfume composition, I would no have doubt to give it to Ivresse. This fragrance is so diferent and original.

Just from the start I feel the sweetness of the peach, and minutes later the most delicious cinnamon begins to emerge, combining with soft notes of anise and mint. The lasting pawer is spectacular, is not overwhelming and is completely wearable. Real champagne is not for teens as well as Yvress.

If you love cinnamon and warm fragrances you will love Yvresse FO EVA!

mymlan
mymlan

Yvresse reminds me of homemade appel cider. Golden, clear and bright with a perfect roundness and crispy sweetness. It is thirst quenching and nourishing after a hard days work. A relaxing and cheerful fragrance that I must have.

Also, beeing an edt the longevity and sillage is extraordinay. More than eight hours has passed since I sprayed it on my skin and I can still smell it. YSL equals quality, no doubt about that.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This one reminds me of the 80's fashion for harlequinesque clothing. Loud, cheery, headache inducing and rich. More a champagne cocktail than plain champagne dressed up with peach syrup, fruit slices, a sparkler and an umbrella. I'm not surprised to hear that this is a Grojsman confection- I find all her fragrances O.T.T. in their sweetness. I like it's optimism, though even that is entrenched in the 80's. We are all a little more melancholy these days- I think I would like to smell this on someone else rather than myself as I prefer drier frags in general.
I have tried this again as it intrigues me and I must admit that wafting around me was the most comforting and different scent I've tried in ages. The drydown is beautiful -past the initial sweet richness it settles to a more comfy chypre/fruity than fruit cocktail. I might actually buy this one, I can see it being very warming and cheery on a cold day.

Kin
Kin

Very recognizable. Yvresse smells exactly like my grandmother's parfume (she died before 1993 so it was something different, I forgot the brand). So this fragrance makes me small and curious, it's like forbiden fruit: illegal and weird but fascinating.

I wanted to like this but I find it very strong and sweet. On fabrics it smells devine. A strong powerful woman would carry it well. I am not giving up on it yet. maybe I just try a small spray next time.

I am glad that Yves Saint Laurent YVRESSE was renamed from CHAMPAGNE--not because I agree with fastidious French law regarding the use of that quasi-sacred name, but because many people will not know that "ivresse" means "drunkenness", as opposed to "piles of damp sisal rugs" or "straw basket factory in the tropics," which would be far more apt names for the lengthy middle phase of this distinctive chypre perfume--were Demeter only able to isolate and capture it in a bottle!

YVRESSE, in fact, is helping me to refine my concept of chypre, which I now believe to contain essentially within it a big, big and abiding sillage that follows me about constantly reminding me that I am in the midst of a cloud of chypre dust! On the oakmoss to vetiver continuum, YVRESSE lies much closer to the vetiver end.

I love the damp sisal/straw smell of the middle phase of this fragrance, which has excellent staying power in the edt. I am not as thrilled by the somewhat fruity opening--but it disappears as quickly as a champagne bubble, and it's certainly not painful to endure. The middle sisal/straw phase gives way eventually to a slightly sweet but beautiful drydown that remains chypre but is less damp and a bit more spicy.

I highly recommend YVRESSE to chypre lovers who crave that fascinatingly paradoxical fog that hangs heavy while somehow elevating the wearer at the same time. This is a perfume with a serious chypre sillage.

tanyaturner
tanyaturner

If i must keep one perfume it's YVRESSE, so dark, SUBTIL i love it since the beginning of Champagne !

NatWeb
NatWeb

I remember the first time I smelled this in a department store and it really did feel like it was fizzing up my nose! I fell in love with the scent at around 15 years of age and several years later it was the first 'grown up'fragrance I purchased.

Yvresse is not for the faint hearted, it announces your presence in a room loud and clear. I don't know how I got away with wearing it at 18 but I have wonderful memories of wearing this on nights out. I think it is probably a slightly more mature scent, not for a teenager.

The fragrance itself is fruity and sparkly and wholly unique. I love when I catch someone wearing it but it is rare.

Not long after I bought my bottle they changed the name from Champagne to Yvresse so j held onto my empty one as a keepsake!

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I am in love this fragrance! I remember my mother wearing this when I was very young & I always loved how it smelled. Somehow, I never forgot it. It literally smells like champagne but in a great way! I have a bottle of it under the name Champagne & I never want to be without it. I like how it smells good on me just as it did my mother, without it smelling "old". It only kind of smells "old" directly from the bottle before you spray it on your skin. I wore it to the movies with one of my best friends & she wanted some of whatever I was wearing because it smelled soo good! :)

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

Yvresse is my absolute number one,no smell can beat this smell ever!

lazza

my absolute favourite, long lasting
and unique, have been searching for
years for a perfume to equal it!

01/12/09

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Every once in a while my Mother would give me perfumes which weren't working for her. Usually, she'll give them to me with the words: "These might be too sweet for you, too heavy. That's why it didn't work for me. But give it s try!" That's how I got my little bottle of Yvresse in the perfume concentration.

It didn't work for me then. Now I got it out to see if I can swap it, and put a touch on my wrist. The initial smell was a little sharp and strong, unusually spicy, and then there was carnation. Ugh, I said, no wonder it didn't work, I don't like carnation (sorry, that's why I don't like L'Air Du Temp). Along with carnation came rose oil, then some milder floral note (was it a violet, perhaps?).

The dry down was gorgeous. Sweet and ambery it was. I tend to bring up vanilla to the point of cloying sweetness, but this was not the case, perhaps because of the combination.

But when I went out from the warm room to the colder garage.. the smell turns into something truly divine, warm, sweet and spicy at the same time! It made me want to change into a soft sweater, get outside, walk around, my cheeks getting rosy, my smile flashing, my eyes shining, and this warm scent staying close to my skin.

So that is it! The cold is the secret ingredient to Yvresse magic!

This perfume made me look forward to the Winter. I don't even like Winter. This perfume has performed a miracle. It may become my signature scent for the colder months. I might have to get an EDT bottle when my last bits of perfume run out. Hope the size of the bottle won't dilute the magic -- after all, Champagne is good in a flute, not a shot glass!

zara
zara

this is a full-fledged chypre, don't be fooled by the sparkly champagne note. and it's a very well crafted chypre - green underneath, but fruity sparkly on top. the peach accord is strongest on the opening (lending a 'juicy' feel to the scent), then fades a bit, but never really disappears together with the rose and jasmine. overall, it's a very 'optimistic' perfume, requiring a confident wearer, but rewarding her/him with an outstanding scented pleasure. thumbs up!

golden
golden

I worked for YSL many years ago. Back then when it first came out it was called Champagne. They had to change the name for legal reasons.
It was original for it's time and on me was not so nice. Unfortunately i had to wear it everyday to promote it. But i would love the way it would smell on other people .
Overall a unique perfume, which may not suit all. But wonderful if it goes with your body chemistry well.

Dawnie
Dawnie

This fragrance is my absolute favourite - but it's not for everyone. Somehow on my skin it smells wonderful. I love the lingering delicate violet scent it leaves on my clothes. It's bright and sexy and sophisitcated and I always receive compliments when I wear it. My husband doesn't like it overly much, but admits he finds it comforting to smell it on my pillow.

Taliera
Taliera

This has got to be one of the most disgusting perfumes ever made. Sorry Sophia Grojsman, I like most of your scents, but not this one. It pongs, and I had no inclination to investigate it further.

kewart
kewart

This is a cheery, chipper type of scent. It is very distictive and strong with a tendancy to spread itself about.

enigmatict
enigmatict

This is a beautiful perfume, it has a lot in common with Nahéma and Mitsouko, but I prefer this one cause it's more joyful and youthful. This and Rose Absolue (Yves Rocher) are my favorites.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

I had this years ago, and I LOVED it. It was such a happy, partying scent. It cheered me every time I wore it. It really smells like wine or champagne! Unfortunately, I got a headache frequently when I worse it. I remember giving it to my sister. Now I think I probably applied too much. Also, if I put a scent on the back of my neck, and arms, rather than the front of my neck, it's less likely to cause a headache. I intend to roll the dice and give it another chance!

sam
sam

The celebration of glamour, elegance and joy!
Imagine going to the Opera House, wearing a really goergous, nicly cut dress, but in a breathtaking bright colour.
Almost too much, but just right. Well balanced, different, something you will always remember...
Only for those, who are sophisticated but brave enough for a twist!!!

krishka
krishka

It is a beautiful perfume masterpiece with huge personality, quite complex so it takes longer time to develop but when it does it absolutely intoxicating like a good Champagne however beware not to spray to much..it can give u a headache. LOVE IT!!!

sky76sky
sky76sky

I have a practically never-used bottle of the old Champagne EDT...& I can't say that I like it...never realised its name had to be changed, perhaps I should keep the bottle for posterity?!

kevaana
kevaana

Smells awful, really. After I read these wonderful reviews I smelled again... and stills wonders who could wear this.

Lime909
Lime909

It's bubbly and sparkly just like it's original name of "champagne" suggests. I truly love this scent and its pretty bottle too. I think being forced to change the name, they came up with an even BETTER name for it now!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

The epitomy of exotism.I like most perfumes containing anise.Here,combined with 3 types of peach-family fruit,gives us a unique result.The coconut adds to the summer breeze sensation.
Bellini is the apricot-champagne coctail that must have inspired this wonderful perfume.For a fun loving woman with flirting and dancing skills.

luisa margarita
luisa margarita

son melocotones banados en almibar y licor sobre una cama de canela... este perfume es una obra maestra (opinion personal). Dramatica sin caer en la pesadez.

Surreal
Surreal

Yes it is heavy and sweet. Be carefull when you put it on. It is an amazing smell but it can be overpowering. It reminds me of my mother so to me it can't be bad to me.

LizzieM
LizzieM

I bought this when it was named champagne, wish I had kept the bottle and packaging......

I think this is a very interesting scent, unusual and nicely grown up.

dovey
dovey

I love the scent.........reminds me of fresh baked cake right from the oven YUM:))

dina
dina

Whether champagne or yvresse, it's a lovely scent...

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

love it,,, i would recommend it only for reallyyyyyy special nights,,

SheVampire
SheVampire

My number one for eight years. So special, so powerful and unique. I usually don't like fruits in fragrances,or I like it good covered, but this one is so well created. Glamorous, dangerous, you have to know how to wear it. True masterpiece.Sophia, THANK YOU.

Scent lover
Scent lover

I like Yvresse. I cant help but to think that it smells baked pineaple slices and lasts forever :)

Is it true that it comes only in EDT?

winx61
winx61

Non mi è mai piaciuto... mi dà fastidio la pesca unita all'albicocca che sento subito...
Ho ancora il flacone denominato Champagne usato 2-3 volte!!!!

Mitsouko

I love it. I love, because they are joyful, change. I admire in it courageous juxtaposition notes fruits with chypre. Yvresse are very amusing, appealing, warm, theatrical, baroque, gold. Bravo Sophia Grojsmann! - Yvresse it is masterpiece!
Ha, ha, I love Yvress very, very!

Bumblebee
Bumblebee

The scent of my youth... Absolutely love it. very individual, I think.

tackica_ns
tackica_ns

Love it or hate it. The best perfume ever according to my oppinion. Strong, specific, long lasting.....

Yvresse (Champagne) by Yves Saint Laurent 3.93 out of 5 based on 832 ratings and 180 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Yvresse (Champagne) by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Yvresse (Champagne) by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.