Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Sanderling Yves de Sistelle for women

Sanderling Yves de Sistelle for women
dislike

Sanderling Yves de Sistelle for women Pictures

Sanderling by Yves de Sistelle is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are bergamot, tagetes and green notes; middle notes are jasmine, tincture of rose and lilac; base notes are woodsy notes, vanille and musk.

Bergamot Tagetes Green Notes

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Secrets

Sanderling Fragrance Reviews

JaiTee
JaiTee

This definitely alludes to Coco Mademoiselle, especially when you catch a whiff of it, as opposed to sniffing right up against you wrist. Not as strongly citrusy on me, compared to CCM, which makes Sanderling more wearable year-round. (I tend to like my citrus scents more for the summer.) This is a very versatile scent -- classy enough to go from work to a night-out with friends.

Today I'm layering it with a smidge of Al-Rehab Green Tea perfume oil.

SIM2014
SIM2014

I decided to buy this thanks to a few recommendations from others on here and I must say,wow!This fragrance is beautiful and so sophisticated the longevity is great and the silage I would say is moderate.I was afraid this would smell too clean and it doesn't;bound to get you compliments.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

A $20, 100ml bottle of perfume, largely compared to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle...I couldn't resist!

I don't think this was meant to be a dupe? Not sure. But it smells like Mademoiselle's sister, without a doubt. On my skin, it lasts just as long as CM, but the projection isn't quite there unless sprayed heavily.

Sanderling has a slightly rougher first opening, and it's missing that gorgeous underlying sweetness that I adore in CM. But don't worry, for $20, I think only a trained nose would be able to pick that up.

I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. If you can't afford Mademoiselle but would like to smell just as sophisticated, go for this. You won't be disappointed.

Flávia C
Flávia C

I bought it based on fragrantica reviews and it was a perfect choice! It is, indeed, very similar to coco mademoiselle, which I love! For those who want a CM feeling without spending too much, sanderling is the perfect choice! Loved it!

Excelente perfume, muito parecido com o coco mademoiselle e beeemm mais barato! Vale a pena!

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

great quality for the price

nazza28
nazza28

Never previously tried or owned CM but this perfume on it's own is captivating. Sumptuous florals intermingled with fresh greens, my senses are tingling all over. Almost like walking through a floral garden with freshly cut lawn. About 10 mins in I can really smell the geranium aspect in background. This is fantastically done and I cannot believe how cheap it is for the quality ($20 for the set with body cream, what the?!?!) If only the international postage was so cheap as well... I agree with the person who says that this can be worn by virtually anyone. I would be slightly more inclined to wear this during the Spring/Summer months, but I'm sure it could work either day or evening.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I love the presentation of the rose in Sanderling. As someone who is not a real fan of rose scents unless coming from an actual flower, I am really impressed by the smooth musky rose note. The beautiful citrus opening is accompanied by a honeyed scent from the tagetes (marigold) which gives the florals some depth.

What a perfectly becoming, classy fragrance. It's flowers are clean, it's sillage is moderate and it has decent lasting power. I imagine this would suit almost any woman, for almost any occasion.

I consider myself lucky that I haven't crossed paths very often with Yves de Sistelle's Sanderling, which is practically impossible to find where I live in Australia, nor Chanel's hugely popular Coco Mademoiselle, so both are fresh and new to me.

Thank you CathieH for the decant. I will wear it with pleasure!

In mood
In mood

Sanderling is a cheap version of Coco Mademoiselle. It's not as good and Long-lasting as Chanel and, I can't agree that it is similar to Love in Paris Nina Ricci and Dior Miss Cherie. These two perfumes have much better quality than Sanderling, imho.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

This is mainly just informational for those who don't know. The perfume compared to sanderling is not Coco Mademoiselle eau de parfum, it is Coco Mademoiselle pure parfum. As in the kind that only comes in a teeny tiny bottle, it's a perfume extract with different notes including a heavy helping of lychee.

I do think this smells like coco mademoiselle pure parfum that I was lucky enough to be able to try. If you want something like the luxury extract this would be a great buy. Honestly it's not nearly as beautiful as chanel, but what do you expect when you're comparing $20 to a mL and $20 for a whole bottle?
Very nice almost fruity, sweet rose, lilac, and the green notes are very deep almost like patchouli. I gave it to my mom because she REALLY liked it but I am a little bit envious.

CathieH

I love this perfume and it is fast becoming my signature scent. I don't have Coco Mademoiselle I've only tested it in the department store and there is more than some similarity in the two. Considering the price difference I think Sanderling is a fantastic buy. I'm not that good with perfumes to say it's this or that that makes a perfume different, but this one is certainly that - different. I've read comments on Fragrantica about other perfumes and yes it's popular so there would be a lot of people wearing it. When I wear Sanderling I know I'm a bit different from everyone else - I'm very adverse to being the norm. It's like when my husband and I built a house in 1987 here in Australia and I would guarantee you that every new house had a pink and grey kitchen - not this little black duck.

Projection and longevity for Sandering is great I spray it in the morning and I still get wafts of it up until I shower that evening. I just purchased a backup bottle of Sanderling - so that says it all for me.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

I have a new bottle of Sanderling EDP for women. In my opinion, it does not smell like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. It doesn't smell like any Chanel fragrance. I don't think it even comes close.

I am not a fan of Coco Mademoiselle either. I do have experience with it.

Sanderling may be similar to Yves Rocher's So Elixir EDP for women. Others have compared So Elixir to Coco Mademoiselle as well. I think there is more similarity, but neither of these fragrances are CM dupes or even close to being dupes.

Sanderling is a sharp, unsettling floral that smells like it contains some patchouli. Although, I see no patchouli listed in the notes section.

You can include John Varvatos for women in this group of fragrances some people compare to Coco Mademoiselle. I own all three, and none of them really capture the high quality, carefully crafted elegance of Chanel.

John Varvatos, Sanderling, and So Elixir are all perfectly nice. Please do not expect too much if you are trying to replace your Chanel Coco Mademoiselle with one of these fragrances.

Edee
Edee

I have to admit, I have never smelled CoCo Madamoiselle. At least not that I can remember. If I did, it didn't make a memorable impression on me. Sanderling is an effervescent perfume. It tingles the inside of my nose, like champagne does when you drink it. The scent is bright and beautiful. I smell the jasmine and the tinture of rose (I think that is what tickles). It makes me think of summer, sunshine and clear skies. Can't wait to wear this on the first day of sunshine and warm clear skies. That is what this perfume reminds me of. It is sunshine in a bottle.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Usually, I can't wear scents with marigold or tagetes because they smell stinky on my skin. Here, they're toned down and are more of an undercurrent rather than being more in the overcurrent or forefront, so this works out well for me.

I get the Coco Mademoiselle comparison (more like CM less the patchouli) but it also triggers a memory of Eau de Gucci. Looking at the notes, both have several notes in common, prominent lilac, and is slightly soapy with just a touch of powder. I would actually classify this as an oriental floral rather than a chypre floral because of that.

A joyful fragrance to wear in spring with Easter coming because of the lilac and the price can't be beat!

RedDog
RedDog

I blind bought this... and I LOVE it. It does smell very similar to Chanel Mademoiselle, though not as strong. It smells expensive, only a little sweet. To the common nose, most people would completely not be able to tell the difference unless they compared the two directly.

Sillage is exactly what I like: just a little bit more than arms length, though at that distance, the scent is very faint. So that when your significant other comes closer, he can smell it very clearly... but for everyone else, it is not overwhelming them at all.

Currently my favorite perfume next to CK Beauty, out of the ones I own.

Serafit
Serafit

I smelld it today, on my frend's skin and first I tought, it was mademoiselle, coco. But it's more light and great perfume!

CathieH

Does anyone know Sanderling Shine?

birsen
birsen

I wouldn't spent 100$ for Chanel CM, but CM is a definitely a scent every perfume lover should have and at least try. Sanderling is very similar with CM,i would say little softer. I got it after all good reviews and that was a good shot. I wore it today and everybody thought that is CM, so you still smell like a 100 bucks perfume but for less less then that
You should get this one if you like CM, but cant afford it, the quality and the lasting power are as good as CM.
One more time again i love Fragrantica!

sandrajj
sandrajj

This just arrived at my front door--blind buy as result of glowing reviews on this site--and I must say, "Wow!!"--This is Coco Mademoiselle for $20.00. Unbelievable! I wear CM frequently, but of course it's $75.00 a bottle easily. I've only had this on for 2 hours, so I might follow-up later, regarding longevity. Projection is probably 5 feet. Grab this one if you're a Chanel fan!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

This one is so lovely, classic and feminine. Can work for any occasion and it's always appropriate. Definitely smells like CM without the overwhelming patchouli note. The bergamot is fresh and the florals are clean. Great for just about anything, any time. You cannot beat the price either which is always a nice bonus.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

One of the best blind buys ever. This scent is fantastic, fresh and classy in every way. I am so happy I purchased this. It also seems to have good sillage and lasting power. I would recommend this one to anyone who is thinking about it. I do sense a Chanel likeness in this perfume.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I blind bought this today, given so many people think it's very similar/identical to Coco Mad (my all time fav). I do think they are slightly alike, just without the patchouli, more rose and slightly soapy florals. I think it's a very nice frag, it comes for a decent price and I don't regret buying it; But for me CM is a 'love' and this is a 'like', there is a distinct difference in smell on my skin.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Similar to CM.... So TRUE !!! I 've ordered a 3.4oz bottle only for $16. and It's 90% similar to CM. 10-15 min after spraying,I can smell Some different note than CM. but those two almost identical. the staying power is good too. A perfect inexpensive alternative for CM lovers :)

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

For the most part, Sanderling bears an uncanny resemblance to Coco Mademoiselle...but only after you've worn the latter for hours, and ran through a surprise thunderstorm with no umbrella.

Sanderling starts off with a thin, high-pitched blend of bergamot and lilac that could pass for CM at a distance, but ultimately lacks the warm, velvety patchouli that lends the Chanel a distinct luxuriousness. Once Sanderling settles, which takes all of fifteen minutes, what's left on the skin is just a faint echo of the soapy fruit that appears at the end of CM's drydown. But make no mistake--for a few glorious minutes between Sanderling's screechy opening and its rapid disintegration, the juice is nigh indistinguishable from CM at its most potent.

With 100 ml bottles priced around $20, it's more than a good deal for CM lovers on a budget.

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

I just received this today and love it. My husband bought me Madamemoiselle for our anniversary but I have only worn it twice because of the price. This can be my daily go to. I love it.

Floreat
Floreat

I was curious about how this one was going to treat the tagetes. I generally like lilac in fragrances. So, I bought unsniffed and can't say I'm disappointed. Although not particularly transported, either.

I like the fresh opening - with the tagetes offering some bottom and interest. The florals enter and interact in a really pleasant way. I really enjoy this phase. Then something happens that I don't so much appreciate. It's the interaction between the musk and tagetes on my skin in the drydown. The effect is a bit masculine. It's not something I was expecting.

Today is a pretty warm day. It may be different on cooler day or in the fall. It comes at a really good price point, so if it doesn't work out, I won't begrudge the outlay.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I bought this based on the reviews here and I must say that I concur: this is quite similar to Coco Mademoiselle - without the dominant patchouli note. Sanderling is a lighter fragrance than CM, less in the way of sillage, longevity is good. After the first hour or so, Sanderling dries down to a noticeable skin scent which continues to last for quite a while. It's not a carbon copy of CM to be sure, but Sanderling has a similar classy feel to it which is nice.

Overall, a great value - smells much more expensive than what I paid for it and I'm quite pleased with this blind buy. Thanks to all who recommended it.

(Edited to add: When I sniff my wrists, Sanderling makes my nose a little stuffy, which does not happen with CM. Even so, I do like this.)

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

I blind bought this due to the reviews stating it is similar to Coco Mad. And it is. Like others have stated it is softer, the CM the patchouli does not stand out as much. Unfortunately on me this only lasted about an hour, my skin needs a stronger base note ( like the patchouli in CM) in order to have any lasting power. I enjoy this and the price is amazing, just needs to be reapplied. Great summer scent!

Danita Verpoort
Danita Verpoort

Sanderling, a delicious spring-like fragrance. I think it's a bit more fresh and floral, less deep than Coco Mademoiselle but still a very good alternative!

joliecat
joliecat

Yes, I agree ! Sanderling is SO MUCH better than Chanel Coco Mademoiselle !

The fragrance is identical to Coco Mademoiselle, just as classy. If anything, Sanderling is actually a smoother, richer blend. Even friends and family can't tell any difference between CM and Sanderling.

Sanderling has better silage and longevity, and
smells expensive ! A great secret treasure found at a wonderfully affordable price !

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I decided to give this one a chance. At the moment at kijkshop the price is even more amazing 8.24 euro for 100 ml EDP. I already own Chanel Mademoiselle but the bottle is almost empty so let's try this beauty :)

I have to say: wow. I was rather sceptical when decided to get this. So big bottle so cheap and close to Chanel. But its really similar. In my opinion is a bit softer and compose better on the skin. With CM i have always this bergamot overdose which makes me sneeze. Sanderling is definitely more floral and rosy. I can smell this green note that roses have in the perfumes, luckily it doesn't last long as i don't like it. It smells very spring-like, just like flowers in bloom, i consider it light but longlasting with good sillage. I'm happy i got it.

nataliebf
nataliebf

Definitely similar to Coco Mademoiselle! I absolutely love this scent, its lovely and lasts a long time on me! Smells very expensive however the price is very reasonable compared to Coco. Will definitely repurchase!

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

I recieved this little treasure from Fragrance Alley yesterday and I do not regret my blind buy one bit!!thanks to the skilled parfum critics here, a spot on description of Sanderling was provided for me to make an educated decision. $16.00 and change later, (whoohoo do I loooove a quality bargain!) this gem was on my dresser.
Let me begin by saying I have never experienced Coco M so I am judging Sanderling purely on it's own merits and beauty! Crisp, zesty and refreshing are the bergamot and green notes that open the show, after shining brightly they graciously step aside to make way for the gorgeous floral heart.. and what an entrance they make.. full bloom roses, clean soapy jasmin and fragrant lilac mingle and dance a fragrant ballet around my wrists wafting up to my nostrils, keeping me enthralled till the finale of sensual musky woods and the last little trail of sweet vanilla. Bravo, bravissimo!! A delightful performance Yves de Sistelle Sanderling, I give you a standing ovation for the fragrance as a whole and an 8/10 for sillage
9/10 for lasting power
Good show!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I personally have never smelled Coco Mademoiselle but I will say this is "Chanel like". I have had several other Chanel perfumes either I owned or sampled. This is a good one. Kind of an off choice, not from a well known perfumer but I am happy I bought it! I got this for a song on Overstock!

♥ Happy perfuming!

What aan amazing review Citadel!

citadel
citadel

Amazingly identical to Coco Mademoiselle, without sparing an inch of the latter's complexity. I owned CM for years but stopped buying it because I fell out of love with it. Even though I still enjoyed it, when I ran out, I wasn't ready to fork over all that cash for another large bottle, especially since I had recently fallen head over heels for the original Coco. So for several years, I did not wear CM, although I wistfully thought about owning another bottle.
After reading recommendations on this site for Sanderling, I ordered a cheap but enormous bottle online and...wow. It's identical. This is not one of those scents that you would smell on someone and go, "that perfume is so similar to CM" or "this has many of the same qualities of CM"--this is the perfume is one you would smell and say, "you must be wearing CM." Amazing. Longevity and sillage are the same, as well. Worth every penny for a person who wants a cheap backup of CM to wear during the day or for someone who loves the original but is too cheap at the moment to pay for it.

ladyimmortelle
ladyimmortelle

This scent makes me so happy. You're practically wearing Coco's smile on you.

ailishlu
ailishlu

Absolutely Amazing! I couldn´t believe how beautiful this is at such a cheap price. I`m not familiar with Chanel Coco Madamoiselle but I do know Chanel Coco. A truly elegant fragrance. This particular one by Yves de Sistrelle goes on very strong and boozy, but dries down to an absolutely beautiful fragrance a la Chanel. It definitely has staying power. I sprayed just a little on my arm and went for a walk with my dogs for an hour and it was still there and even developed into something very classy. I´m so pleased. I bought the gift set of 100ml plus the body lotion all for under 14 Euros and I really can´t complain. It lasts longer than some of my expensive perfumes. So if you`re looking for something reasonable but classy, this is the one to go for. I can´t praise it enough.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I also got this on reviews alone, that are informative, truthful, and seem to have covered every aspect of this perfume that I might consider important before a purchase. This is a very nice perfume. If Coco Mademoiselle were only 20.00.....even 10.00 more than this perfume, I would still buy Sanderling. That isn't to say I don't like Coco Mademoiselle, it's to say that Sanderling is every bit as lovely and special, to me. I must say, there are some very direct and specific people here that make me look forward to reading their reviews, agreeing or disagreeing. I'm going to go overdose on fumes now. If I am found dead, you will know not to buy what I smell like!

scast62
scast62

I purchased this based on all the reviews, and I'm glad I did. Wow,I'm amazed at how this smells exactly like coco mademoiselle. I've been looking for a perfume of good quality that meets up to chanel's coco madem. It also last for a long time. It actually gets better as the hours pass by. Dont let the price fool you. there are alot of imitations out there and they dont come close to this one. I'm a perfume freak, so I do have alot of perfumes, but I'm very attracted to these type of scents. So just want to thank everybody for there reviews.

HB92
HB92

I absolutely love this perfume. I bought it about 6 months ago and I still adore it. It definetly smells like Coco Mademoiselle, but maybe even a little better. Usually I spray it on around 8 o'clock in the morning and when I get in the shower around 11 o'clock at night I can still smell it. I definetly recommend this perfume. It's an amazing scent that lasts all day without reaplying. It's 100 ml and costs only €9,99 here in the Netherlands.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I came across this and liked the bottle, I can only agree in amazement: it smells almost similar to Chanels Mademoiselle!? It's astounding! I picked it up expecting a flaw? The longevity is also good. I'll spray some on for a whole day soon, surely I will get a headache? No? I shall keep you posted.
In the meantime: It's a 'Chanel' on a budget and seems to pass the test. If you don't mind wearing something that imitates a Chanel for not even 10% of the Chanel price, I think others won't notice. I'm amazed at this amazing impostor.

PS did I mention the bottle is 100ml? Amazing, eh? : )

✿::update::✿

I wore this the whole day and I am pleased to say; NO headache! It smells remarkably close to Chanel Mademoiselle and the silage is fine. To myself it becomes a close to the skin smell, I can smell it very well on my clothes and wrists. But others smell it when they are around me without that it's obnoxious and THINK it's a Chanel! Ladies, this is a wonderfully made budget 'Chanel impostor' in a pretty bottle to boot!

rowiena
rowiena

I bought a bottle today at the Kijkshop, for 9,99 euro's!, thanks to the reviews here!

Great smell!!

margien
margien

Thank you, Minousdepoes. I just bought my bottle of Sanderling at "The Kijkshop" for 9,95 euro (for 100 ml !!) and it to my nose it is exactly similar to Coco Mademoiselle. And such a beautiful bottle...

Two friends of mine bought it as well and agree that it is similar to Coco Mademoiselle!

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Indeed pretty similar to Coco Mademoiselle.
In holland we have the "KIJKSHOP" and the price there is at this moment 9,95 Euro So al NL sandeling lovers, take your chance.

tfaye706
tfaye706

Wow, this just came in the mail today what a pretty bottle very elegant and when I sprayed it on soo pretty and floral lilac, rose powdery this is the same exact perfume as Coco Mademoiselle but cheaper I cannot believe how similar this perfume is to Coco Madem and this even has longevity on the skin just as Coco Madem this is a keeper I think I will be buying another bottle cannot beat the price $20 as opposed to Coco Mademoiselle $75 price so if you love Coco ladies buy this it is the same exact perfume.

gesch
gesch

I don't know if this is true, but a salesperson in a perfumestore-chain that up to this summer had this in their offerings constantly, just told me that this will be discontinued...

I'm surprised that it really smells like a classic and it not as bad as I thought. For such an inexpensive scent it's quite interesting. I'm not sure if I would like to have such a big bottle though. I guess I'll first have to re-test it on my skin. Today I only tested it on paper.

PS: I re-tested it again on skin. On me it developed a sort of harsh note and my boyfriend didn't like it. So it's not for me.

Mackenzie
Mackenzie

This does indeed remind me of Coco Mademoiselle. I like this better though, on me it's a bit fruitier and just a bit sweeter than CM. And you can't beat the price, I paid a little under 10 euros for 100 ml. Excellent!
[eta] I don't find this similar to Chance or Miss Dior Cherie at all. Chance just smells totally different to me and MDC to my nose is all about sweet strawberry.
[eta2] I've been wearing this all day and the sillage and longevity are both very good. I put 3 sprays on at around 11:30 am and my husband says he could still smell it before I took a shower at 9:15 pm. This stuff is awesome!

And very funny, but I had an extra backup of this one that I totally forgot about! For you ladies loving Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior Cherie but would like a more affordable alternative go for this one!

poison
poison

I had the chance to smell it many times at a friend of mine who received it as a present. First of all, I must say that Sanderling is very similar to Chanel Mademoiselle. They are both chypre floral perfumes. Nor Mademoiselle, nor Sanderling are my tipe, I don't like them at all, but if someone would ever have the curiosity to smell it, let me tell you that it seems to be Mademoiselle`s sister....the only modern chypre I like is Midnight Poison from Dior. Otherwise I am a very big fan of aldehidic chypre fragrances, classics scents.

Sanderling by Yves de Sistelle 4.10 out of 5 based on 146 ratings and 50 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves de Sistelle Sanderling fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves de Sistelle Sanderling, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sanderling by Yves de Sistelle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sanderling by Yves de Sistelle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.