Designers » T-Z » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Thallium Yves de Sistelle for men

Thallium Yves de Sistelle for men
dislike

Thallium by Yves de Sistelle is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Top notes are bergamot and pineapple; middle notes are lavender, jasmine and apple; base notes are amber, patchouli, cedar and musk.

Bergamot Pineapple

Lavender Jasmine Apple

Amber Patchouli Cedar Musk

Lomani Code
To Be

Thallium Fragrance Reviews

Paganbunion
Paganbunion

Got this from Fragrancex and shipped to the UK for £12.50 and that included shipping from the US to the UK. So no complaints on price.
I read lots of reviews and thought I would blind buy it at this price and boy I am glad.
I get what people say about it being synthetic and it's not super original, but I just cannot get enough of this scent. I totally adore it, and yet everything it comes back round to wear it again, I always forget just how much.
I could wear this all the time. I can see how some people would not like this but something in this just flats my boat.
It's a sweet Apple blast but oh how I love it.
Projection and sillage is just average but I only go about 4 hours before I can't resist a top up. It's like catnip to me.
Blind buy it at £12,you can always sell it on Ebay and make a profit in the UK, or at least get your money back, as it seems difficult to get here.

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. I got it a few weeks ago and it's all I've worn since. I've passed up my more expensive bottles for this. I find this fragrance very comforting when I wear it. And I love the sweetness of it.

GENERIC:
Maybe as it's not gonna challenge your nose or anything. It's not a complicated scent by any means.

SYNTHETIC:
Make no mistake this is synthetic. Especially the opening. But when it dries down it loses that synthetic part. But I like the opening so it's not an issue for me.

"OLD LADY SCENT":
It has, at least on me, a floral powdery aspect to it, which I think is where this criticism stems from. I think some people associate that with the fragrances their grandmothers wear.

But regardless I LOVE it. I like powdery scents if it isn't overdone and this one isn't. Also it's sweet without being too sweet. I don't get the fruity notes everyone else seems to get on the opening. I get a synthetic candy like blast that disappears within 15 mins or so. Then I get alot of powdery sweet floral notes. I do get a slight creamy vanilla note on the dry down also, altho I don't think it's listed as a note for this scent. Longevity is sketchy on me tho. Sometimes lasts a long time, others it's gone quickly. Not sure what the difference is.

I've went thru bottles and samples etc looking for something like this, thinking it would have to be an expensive scent but it isn't. And for the price you can't beat it. I will always keep this on hand as long as it's available to purchase. This is the best cheapie I have ever found so far. And I do think this could easily be a unisex scent as well.

serge00271
serge00271

I tend to like fresh/sweet scents, but don't know what went wrong here. After a week trial, it has been banished to the dud box under the sink. Go ahead....try it yourself....but don't say you were not warned.

TheFragranceAmateur
TheFragranceAmateur

This for me is just ahead of Nautica Voyage as the best cheapie on the market. What you get with this is a sweet (but not sickly sweet) vibe with some fruity notes (but not too fruity) off the top. The blend is as such that it is somewhat difficult to pick out individual notes, but at the dry down this becomes seductive and creamy, somewhat resembling Allure Homme Sport. This is an all-seasons scent with great performance. For less than $20 it's hard to go wrong.

Performance: 7.5/10 - this is not a beast, but performs well above average in any kind of weather

Overall Scent: 8/10 - this is a youthful, playful fragrance that is still quite masculine. I routinely reach for this over many of my much more expensive fragrances. Unique and well-blended, it's a challenge to find a better scent at this price point.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

First off, this DOES NOT smell like Chanel Allure Homme. That's the biggest lie ever told about this fragrance.

I am a sucker for sweet and fruity colognes - ESPECIALLY when they are inexpensive.

However, Thallium disappointed me in every way imaginable. It's linear and harshly synthetic at times. It feels like a copy-cat of Dunhill Desire (red bottle). It's almost like a pineapple flanker of Desire.

It starts off with a powerful punch of sugar, fruit medley, and powder. I am not fond of powdery anything as it reminds me of floral and powdery fragrances usually associated with dated musk scents from years passed.

It remains hyper-powdery-sweet until it dries down to a, dare I say, "old lady" scent.

In short, this fragrance is wholly feminine and could easily be mistaken for a n old perfume from the 50s/60s. I could never see myself (and won't be) wearing this fragrance again. My first bad blind buy. It's the first on my list to give away if someone I knew wanted it.

If you are a young man and have the confidence to wear this, I salute you.

Jizzoe78
Jizzoe78

I dont care who says what about this fragrance!! Like the person below! Lol!! Give it to a grandmother? Your full of it..hes just bashing this sweet fragrance which by the way gets me A LOT OF COMPLIMENTS!! You will have to judge it yourself but to go off your hinges?come on?you got to be kidding me! If you like sweets? You wont be disappointed!!

jbsbluebird
jbsbluebird

It's cheap and I can't get enough. The top is good,. Sweet fruit. Then in the mid there are some slight floral tones in the background along with the fruit. In the dry-down into the base and for the remainder of the scent life, it becomes sweeter with the fruit less pronounced and creamy. Lovely. You can definitely say the top is more for the younger crowd, but when it drys down it becomes more mature while still holding onto the youthful vibe.

nathancarney
nathancarney

great opening, similar to Rochas Man without the coffee.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

I really enjoy the powdery, candy-like sweetness of thallium. I get offered this one all the time at the perfume store but turn it down because they overprice the hell out of this one. You can get it from 16-18 dollars on the internet. I plan on ordering it soon. It's worth it if you want a unique fragrance that everyone you know doesn't have.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

This is a very appealing,sexy,sweet but not overly sweet, and at the same time its very fresh as well.

To me this opens very synthetic,fresh and fruity and very similar to a lot of the tween scents you will smell going through the aisles at walmart. It quickly transforms into a more masculine,creamy,almost gourmandish type scent thats actually quite delicious.lol
The best way to describe this is it smells like a more creamy version of Chanel ALLURE but without the spices and resinous undertones.

For the price you cant beat it and this and Nautica voyage are hands down the best deals you will find on any fragrance

Performance on this is also impressive for a cheap scent. It lasts me even in the colder weather 8-10 hours and the projection is VERY good for the 1st hour(SO BE CAREFUL) but after that its just decent but still well above average from even most niche scents

As a final rating im going to rate this a 8.5 out of 10 ! Great performace,price and smell but since it smells very similar to Allure I cant say its unique.

A steal and a must have for a fragrance collector

doutdabando
doutdabando

Very sweet & fresh cologne. Very candylike, fruit smelling.

Could be unisex but still can be pull off being
considered masculine.

Love it, has got me nothing but compliments & girls go absolutely crazy over it because of it's very sweet candy aroma but doesn't get cloying or sickeningly sweet like overspraying other good colognes like MJ Legend, Rochas Man, Bond No 9 New Haarlem etc.

Very fresh, sweet, candylike, & pleasant. Love it, great cheapie! Recommend on dates, close encounters.

theabsolutist
theabsolutist

If you like sweet, confectionery, candy-like accords this one will suit you well. If not, you aren't going to like this, it has a very sooty, juicy pineapple note that dominates the top and then transitions into a Skittles and cotton candy vibe after 1-2 hours and doesn't develop much thereafter. Thallium is a popular favorite of younger women; especially early 20's and teens, who appreciate it for its close resemblance to some of their own favorite fragrances as teens. The pineapple here is very nicely done for how synthetic the whole composition is, it dominates the top along with the bergamot and in tandem with the amber you get a creamy, smoky citrus feel. After awhile the sour, tarty apple comes in and adds a layer of sweetness and apple pie like feel to the aroma but the amber and aromatics stick around into the dry-down and maintain a rather general candy feel not unlike Guess Seductive Homme but better blended and less imposing. A very decent bargain fragrance for the 40 and under crowd that is versatile enough to be worn at work or on the run, with reliable projection and solid longevity with just 3-4 sprays.

Category: Ambery Sweet
Longevity: 7.75/10
Sillage: 7.75/10
Creativity: 6/10
Value: 9.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10 Solid bargain basement scent on the sweet side, best left for newbies and youngsters or those with a fragrance sweet tooth. Pineapple lovers will also like this one!

starburst1
starburst1

This does smell pretty nice. I can see why women like this. It is sweet like everybody else says. It does smell like a candy apple scent. I am not in love with this, but i do see myself giving this bottle some use. Considering its not even $16 on amazon, I do see myself re-buying in the future as long as the price doesn't drastically change for worse.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

I was able to smell Thallium at a mall kiosk and of course they were overpricing this baby, so I didn't buy it. But on my way home, I couldn't help but repeatedly smell my arm where the SA sprayed... it was amazing. I recently bought Thallium online and I'm so happy I did. I will say this, usually fragrances that are shipped takes a couple of wearings to get the notes to settle (or it's probably me familiarizing myself with the fragrance). When I first sprayed this, the candied fruit smell was a little too synthetic... I didn't like the musk in this either. But I decided to give it another try because it smelled so good at the mall. Now when I spray Thallium, I get the juicy, delicious red apple and pineapple candy smell. I don't get much woods in this fragrance. The initial blast is candied fruit, almost like skittles. The mid notes, I do get the floral notes accompanied by the candied fruit smell. With the basenotes, the florals and fruit are still present but musk is added to create a powdery aroma. I see this fragrance being quite unisex but it does smell good, projects, and lasts. For those that are into more natural smells, I don't think this would be for you because Thallium is synthetic. In fact, if you spray too much, Thallium starts to resemble the same synthetic quality that is present in One million (though they smell nothing alike). Overall, this is a recommended buy for those sweet fragrance lovers... a crowd pleaser too!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Thallium is a true explosion of juicy and sweet notes, with excellent projection and lasting power. It is not a sweet aroma resulting from spices or resins, like vanilla, honey or benzoin. Is a fruity-sweet aroma that comes from the pineapple, bergamot and apple notes. And, in my mind, it's like if someone was preparing a sweet or a jelly with cubes of pineapple and apples, simmered with sugar, to result in a jam, making that smell inebriates the kitchen, while the fruits are there, in the pan, dropping their juicy syrup.

Did your mouth get watery? That's what this cologne causes, right in the output. Then, it gets calmer, becoming more natural and woody without that first tone - which often passes the synthetic sensation - showing more the jasmine side (which I love) with its base notes of patchouli, amber and musk. A great cologne for those who enjoy certain types of "sweet", without having to go through JOOP! Homme or Armani Code, for example.

Now comes the surprise: I stayed the whole day with this scent on my skin and I knew it reminded me of something that I had used recently. When I got home and I went to see my collection, there it was: Colonial Club (Jeanne Arthes). Guys, it is very similar!
So, I did the test, placing one on each paper, hoping to ease out, and they are too similar. Even the color of the liquid is similar! Some notes are equal in both compositions, such as jasmine, lavender, patchouli and I believe that the “fruity blend” is an attempt to get closer to Thallium. The difference is the explosive output of this one, which is much higher.

The hint is: If you want to know Thallium or already know it but that sweet output gives you a headache and you only enjoy it after 2 hours, try Colonial Club. It is not expensive and the investment is valid.

camposg
camposg

Yes it smells a bit synthetic. It is a cheapie but a goodie. Last a long time, smells different from whats out there, a bit purple like the color.

Daytime wear but could also pull off at night

21 and up, any setting

Its a fun cologne to wear but nothing that will drive anyone crazy. Ive worn it a lot and would not mind owning a bottle

jesvox
jesvox

First initial spray is good..dry down then becomes my great grandmas senior center home.

newbee3114
newbee3114

hasn't grown on me yet.. smells good off the bottle till you spary it on you.. winter fragrance so i will wait till the cold weather comes in to try it...

mcaldow
mcaldow

Love this fragrances, strong, but not offensive, lasts for a long time, definitely not a scrubber, very well done and smells fantastic

class
class

I tried this Paris Bleu's Thallium, and I like it better than Jacques Evard' Thallium. Both have a lot of similar ingredients, but Paris Bleu is more pronounced and less candy-like than Jacques Evard's. By the way "Thallium" comes from the Greek word "Thallos", and means "green shoot".

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Mostly I just find the name of this funny, thallium is rat poison, a specific kind of rat poison a bunch of housewives used to kill their abusive husbands (and one old lady used to kill a bunch of people so she could have their furniture)

sherwin
sherwin

When I first smelled it from a Perfume/Cologne store in Vegas, it smelled sooooo good! I ordered it online, but when I got it, it smelled terrible. It didn't smell good like when I first smelled it from the store. I disliked the smell eversince =(. It must have been a very very old stock...

Layzie
Layzie

It's a sweet and peppery cologne. It feels clean and fresh, similar to an aquatic. Unfortunately, it smelled better and lasted much longer on paper than it did on me.

Thallium by Yves de Sistelle 4.08 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves de Sistelle Thallium fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves de Sistelle Thallium, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Thallium by Yves de Sistelle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Thallium by Yves de Sistelle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.