Designers » T-Z » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Thallium Yves de Sistelle for men

Thallium Yves de Sistelle for men
dislike

Thallium by Yves de Sistelle is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Top notes are bergamot and pineapple; middle notes are lavender, jasmine and apple; base notes are amber, patchouli, cedar and musk.

Bergamot Pineapple

Lavender Jasmine Apple

Amber Patchouli Cedar Musk

A*Men Gold Edition
Intense Touch

Thallium Fragrance Reviews

Cassiano
Cassiano

Thallium is a true explosion of juicy and sweet notes, with excellent projection and lasting power. It is not a sweet aroma resulting from spices or resins, like vanilla, honey or benzoin. Is a fruity-sweet aroma that comes from the pineapple, bergamot and apple notes. And, in my mind, it's like if someone was preparing a sweet or a jelly with cubes of pineapple and apples, simmered with sugar, to result in a jam, making that smell inebriates the kitchen, while the fruits are there, in the pan, dropping their juicy syrup.

Did your mouth get watery? That's what this cologne causes, right in the output. Then, it gets calmer, becoming more natural and woody without that first tone - which often passes the synthetic sensation - showing more the jasmine side (which I love) with its base notes of patchouli, amber and musk. A great cologne for those who enjoy certain types of "sweet", without having to go through JOOP! Homme or Armani Code, for example.

Now comes the surprise: I stayed the whole day with this scent on my skin and I knew it reminded me of something that I had used recently. When I got home and I went to see my collection, there it was: Colonial Club (Jeanne Arthes). Guys, it is very similar!
So, I did the test, placing one on each paper, hoping to ease out, and they are too similar. Even the color of the liquid is similar! Some notes are equal in both compositions, such as jasmine, lavender, patchouli and I believe that the “fruity blend” is an attempt to get closer to Thallium. The difference is the explosive output of this one, which is much higher.

The hint is: If you want to know Thallium or already know it but that sweet output gives you a headache and you only enjoy it after 2 hours, try Colonial Club. It is not expensive and the investment is valid.

camposg
camposg

Yes it smells a bit synthetic. It is a cheapie but a goodie. Last a long time, smells different from whats out there, a bit purple like the color.

Daytime wear but could also pull off at night

21 and up, any setting

Its a fun cologne to wear but nothing that will drive anyone crazy. Ive worn it a lot and would not mind owning a bottle

jo.pinto@rediffmail.com
jo.pinto@rediffmail.com

Synthetic Crap!! Don't waste your money buying this shit. I would recommend Lomani AB spirit Millionaire or Gold or Silver.

jesvox
jesvox

First initial spray is good..dry down then becomes my great grandmas senior center home.

newbee3114
newbee3114

hasn't grown on me yet.. smells good off the bottle till you spary it on you.. winter fragrance so i will wait till the cold weather comes in to try it...

mcaldow
mcaldow

Love this fragrances, strong, but not offensive, lasts for a long time, definitely not a scrubber, very well done and smells fantastic

class
class

I tried this Paris Bleu's Thallium, and I like it better than Jacques Evard' Thallium. Both have a lot of similar ingredients, but Paris Bleu is more pronounced and less candy-like than Jacques Evard's. By the way "Thallium" comes from the Greek word "Thallos", and means "green shoot".

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Mostly I just find the name of this funny, thallium is rat poison, a specific kind of rat poison a bunch of housewives used to kill their abusive husbands (and one old lady used to kill a bunch of people so she could have their furniture)

sherwin
sherwin

When I first smelled it from a Perfume/Cologne store in Vegas, it smelled sooooo good! I ordered it online, but when I got it, it smelled terrible. It didn't smell good like when I first smelled it from the store. I disliked the smell eversince =(. It must have been a very very old stock...

Layzie
Layzie

It's a sweet and peppery cologne. It feels clean and fresh, similar to an aquatic. Unfortunately, it smelled better and lasted much longer on paper than it did on me.

Thallium by Yves de Sistelle 3.90 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves de Sistelle Thallium fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves de Sistelle Thallium, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Thallium by Yves de Sistelle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Thallium by Yves de Sistelle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Mont Blanc Individuel Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt Michael Jordan Legend Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb Givenchy Pi Rochas Rochas Man Nautica Nautica Voyage Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Men Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Black Paco Rabanne Black XS Hanae Mori HM Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense Gucci Gucci Pour Homme II 1 1 Burberry Touch for Men Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme