Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men

Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men
dislike

Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men Pictures Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men Pictures Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men Pictures Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men Pictures Zippo Original Zippo Fragrances for men Pictures

Zippo Original by Zippo Fragrances is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Zippo Original was launched in 2010. Top notes are bergamot, grapefruit, violet leaf and red apple; middle notes are lavender, geranium, tonka bean, pepper and clary sage; base notes are vetiver, patchouli, cashmere wood, virginia cedar and vanille.

Bergamot Grapefruit Violet Leaf Red Apple

Lavender Geranium Tonka Bean Pepper Clary Sage

Vetiver Patchouli Cashmere Wood Virginia Cedar Vanille

Police Gold Wings

Zippo Original Fragrance Reviews

peferrarine

Just a little update from my previous review (from a couple of months ago).
The weather here (Brazil) is getting hotter and hotter, and this one became a patchouli bomb on my skin.

VERY dark and heavy vanilla with a VERY strong and herbal patchouli. Nice, but kinda harsh. I prefer to keep it at the cooler weather.

peferrarine

At first i thought it reminded me of Playboy New York, but nope, was just the initial blast.

Zippo Original is sweet. The vanilla is heavy and dark. The kind of you find on 212 Sexy Men. Is also very nutty. I though it was almonds, but seeing the notes, i guess the tonka beans give that effect.

The patchouli and the lavender keeps it from being overly sweet or cloying. They give a nice fresh undertone. The apple is there, but actually very shy.

I don't get the bergamot or the geranium at all.

I really like it. It's not unique, but a totally safe blind buy, if you're into vanilla or nutty scents. Very winter. Or for a cold night out.
Is also serious, without being snob.

You probably won't be surprised or blown away by this, cause you probably smelled it before in another fragrance, but that doesn't mean is not good. It is, is actually great, with that simple 'every night' feeling.
Is manly without being TOO manly (like Zippo On The Road).

I liked it and probably would buy it again, since is moderately cheap and nice.

(also, you get the resemblance with Zippo On The Road. They're like brothers, but with their own personalities. One is more serious, and you would mostly find him at a coffee shop, or a night out, and the other - on the road - is more rough and adventurous. It's like On The Road were the day-time-version of The Original. Day Time, not Sport).

scribs
scribs

love the bottle, i got one for christmas and apparently you can chose which bottle color you want so i was given a metallic green one with red interior, so xmas :) the scent is a really yummy fresh spicey the heavy players are the patchouli, peper, vetiver and lavender. it lasts about 7 hours (at the most) and projects pretty well. i think it is a great present idea and the bottle as such is just fun to play with and you can refill your bottle. so everyone wins. i give it a 7.5 o.o. 10 love the scent but it isnt anything groundbreaking...still pretty good though

merezvan
merezvan

خدایش عطر خوبی به خصوص برای مصرف روزانه
خیلی خوش بو و با دوام و پخش خیلی خوب و قیمت مناسب حتما از اون دسته از عطر هاست که میتونین بدون تست هم بخرین

Andupsilon
Andupsilon

It does smell a bit like gas actually. Very interesting smell, not classic perfume smell, so manly enough. Kinda like it. Got it as a present from my wife because of the bottle :-) I cannot recognize any known smell like all other critics seem to do. Smells a bit aggressive at the onset.

robgonpr
robgonpr

It reminds me Animale a little , and some sweetness similar to Black XS from Paco Rabanne. It starts strong with sharp citrus and spices , but in an hour it gets better and more sweet and woodsy. But it has its own personality. The more I use it , the more i like it. I wonder how Zippo into the Blue varies from the original.

mrfume
mrfume

I got this as a gift and being a zippo fan i welcomed it with open arms, its looks really neat full cased metal body and shares the similar click with its older lighter cousin, well not as treble-ish or id rather say not as sharp sounding as the real lighter but it sounds good and just like a zippo click except its a fat click anyhow clicks aside,before smelling it i pictured this to be some sort of aftershave mixed with some cheap oils but boy i was wrong for the price and being a zippo fan this is also a decent EDT,its creamy ,oily balmy, floral,sweet,i also detect the apple and it has a nice woody vanilla base.Not very long lasting maybe 4 to 5 hours you could over spray for it to last a longer time.If you happen to like this scent it comes with a refill too -again amazing bottle actually id rather say amazing my giant zippo:D

5*/10*

babak125
babak125

یه عطر کاملا معمولی و کم ارزش.بوی چندان خاص یا جالبی هم نداره.با نفس اول کنار گذاشتمش

VanAllan
VanAllan

I really don't know why I keep on trying these 'new' releases...out of pure curiosity I guess, in an attempt to find something that worths the effort.
Fruity-herbal opening that mellows in about 10 min. into a smash of sweet-fruity-bitter-boring notes that urge me to wash it quicky from my elbow. Thanks God I quit smoking so even the sketchy bottle doesn't blink to me. They better stick to what they are good at - making reliable firelighters. My rank 6/10. ☣☣ Sorry Zippo.

jozi1991
jozi1991

I don't like it. It reminds me of washing powder. Definitely don't blind buy this guys. My first impression was it is an old men smell. Good projection and longevity.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

primero la note parecido a one million, pero despues me inclino mas por the secret de antonio banderas.

behzad1280
behzad1280

I like Zippo lighters and I have collected lots of them, but cologne from Zippo? Funny!
No need to have complements for lighter-look flacon, the perfume is nice and good with the hint of gas and tobacco! Sorry, visual insight makes me a little Synesthesia!!!
It’s good, but not such remarkable and groundbreaking cologne! But if you are a Zippo collector or huge fan, it’s definitely makes you happy!

عطر از زیپــو؟! خنده داره اما چندان بدک هم نیست
شیشه اون که در یک محفضه فلزی درست شبیه فندک زیپــو قرار داره، با تموم شدن عطر، قابل تعویضه
عطر چندان خاص و قابل توجهی نیست، اما اگه از زیپـو خوشتون میاد، حتماً مورد توجه شما قرار خواهد گرفت
دوام خوبی داره ولی پخش بوی خوبی نداره

First impression: WOW! A perfume...from Zippo?!

Background: I used to collect Zippos and had some from way back in the 50s up through the nineties. The idea behind them (If it breaks, we fix it for FREE!) is something that has made them a worldwide success, and they live up to it. Even though the company has downsized a bit (only 700 employess now, when half of Bradford used to work there)...

The packaging: Ingenious! The juice is in a removable "inner casing", JUST like the lighter (recharge kits are available), the tube on the sprayer is just like the wick, and the scent comes out (sprays) from where the flame WOULD be in a lighter! Color me: tickled!!

The line: After stopping at the Visitor Center for Zippo/Case, (they merged with Case knives a few years back), since I live in western PA; I found this out-There is a 100ml EDT, a 100ml EDT with a "refill" of same size, a five ounce body spray, a five ounce shave balm and a set with a 100 ml EDT and shave balm with bag. They are not taking internet orders (yet) due to shipping regulations and such...the people there are marvelous and so friendly!!

(From the packaging) THE ESSENCE: Bergamot oil of Sicily, Clary sage absolute from Provence, Cashmere woods, Leaves of Indonesian patchouli and smoked Vetiver from Haiti and Java...

The scent itself: WOW! I half-expected this to be (sorry to say) a joke. What I found on spraying the tester and sniffing it was nothing short of amazing! This begins with a sheer, bright and cleanly bitter green with a sparkly, almost dry fruitiness. Amazingly fresh! (And not in a "phoney-caloney" way, either) As it begins to dry, herbs and subtle warm spice blend with clean dry masculine florals and remain smooth, as tonka's sweetness emerges to wrap this in a very sexy aura. It is obvious, from the first sniff, that they used actual essential oils in this and not as many synthtetics as most name brands use. This scent is very very well done (not unlike the quality and care they show in their primary product) and I can see this working in any season or for just about any occasion. The drydown is very woody, earthy and sweet. Cedar and cashmere make a great pairing as the dry grassy (not quite "soapy") vetiver and patchouli keep it sexy, but not raw or skanky. Vanilla here is more of a catalyst, as I do not really smell all that much of it, but it adds to the overall yumminess of this scent. Worth getting, and even more so: worth wearing!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: above avearge
Overall: 4.25/5

My only question: If my sprayer breaks or leaks, will Zippo fix it for FREE?!?! LOL

I first got the body spray (as it was cheaper, smells very nice and lasts for almost 24 hours) and had to giggle at reading the ingredients! BUTANE (!!) is listed first; but it is in a pressurized spray-can, and they assured me at the Store that butane is only the propellant! I did get a couple samples of this and must say: when I am next up North, I will be getting the Deluxe Kit. Since it is only 15 dollars more than the EDT itself.

Rumours: Next they plan on a Zippo Gold for men and, supposedly, a women's scent after that. (In a slimlined "outer casing", no doubt!) ;)

Angel10
Angel10

My husband wears this, and I LOVE it! It is quite original, as we smelled over 25 men's frags, and this one, and CK's Obsession for Winter/Xmas, really stood out. Very warm, sexy, spicy and deep, yet somehow fresh at the same time. Good stuff.

Papi
Papi

Great frag... BUT it is similar to something else !

What is it?

tchmati
tchmati

I'm not so sure about this perfume yet.
But I can say I don't find it so original.
"Not bad, but not original" that's my opinion about it.

bronstein
bronstein

Firstly, the idea of recycling the brand Zippo for perfume sounds like a joke.

Secondly, now that I have it on my wrist I can assure you: It IS a joke. Hahaha, avoid and full stop.

umraman
umraman

First of all the bottle is AWESOME (complete metal body) and its refillable. It makes the same sound on opening and closing of the cap like the actual lighters. It starts of citric green with little bit sweetness of the apple. After half an hour the citruses disappear and spiciness takes over with still the sweet apple lurking in the back. And finally the woods come in with the patchouli and vanilla. Longevity is decent and about the silage im not sure. Will need to do more work for that. Over all 8.7 out of 10.

Zippo Original by Zippo Fragrances 3.65 out of 5 based on 68 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Zippo Fragrances Zippo Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Zippo Fragrances Zippo Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zippo Original by Zippo Fragrances. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zippo Original by Zippo Fragrances represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.