Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Corduroy Zirh for men

Corduroy Zirh for men
dislike

Corduroy Zirh for men Pictures

Corduroy by Zirh is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Corduroy was launched in 2005. The fragrance features nutmeg, sandalwood, tonka bean, bay leaf, cinnamon, mandarin orange, lavender, virginia cedar, vanilla, grapefruit, guaiac wood and cardamom.

Nutmeg Sandalwood Tonka Bean Bay Leaf Cinnamon Mandarin Orange Lavender Virginia Cedar Vanilla Grapefruit Guaiac Wood Cardamom

He Wood Silver Wind Wood

Corduroy Fragrance Reviews

headofstate
headofstate

One of the nicest affordable oriental/woody spicy fragrances on the market, though it's becoming harder to find because Zirh has changed corporate hands so frequently in the last few years and seems to be moving away from the fragrance game. Still, you can sometimes find it still at discounters across North America, but not as frequently as a few years ago when it was ubiquitous like Beverly Hills Polo Club is now.
Before buying this blind, do know that projection is extremely soft and subtle on this, even spraying rather liberally will have little effect. As SAMaura notes below, this is extremely muted. That is the perfect word, there's a halo around the scent that simply doesn't allow it to be accessed fully. Longevity for me is very inconsistent, I never get more than 5 hours with the majority of wears dying out somewhere between the 3rd and 4th hours.
The scent itself is perfect for daytime casual and work in late fall, winter and early spring. It won't impose on anyone and has a nice warmth to it that is soothing and relaxing. Nice, sexy blend of warm winter spices. The nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom pair nicely on top and blend very well with the soft and gentle vanilla and tonka accords here. The whole piece taken as a whole is nicely blended and none of the notes here really dominate or overly-assert themselves. Doesn't smell synthetic despite its affordability and can easily be worn by all ages. If you can look past the deliberate subtleness of its essence and appreciate Corduroy on its own terms, this is a solid and nice blind buy that will get you compliments in close-quarters and cheer you up in the darkest days of winter. Good.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Corduroy by Zirh is a beautiful scent. I wore it this morning and I smell soooooo good. I will be wearing it very often. It smells yummy.

RobbieX

A woody relaxing fragrance. Don't underestimate this one.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Corduroy is a lovely fragrance... I wont illiterate on the notes and drydown because everyone here already has, but it's a great buy. It's definitely a cuddle fragrance because it sits so close to the skin, almost too much, but the longevity is great, which is strange. I wish it had stronger projection, but then again, that might ruin it's beauty factor. Definite 10 out of 10

picasso_x
picasso_x

Blind to buy from website,It's quit nice.Cinnamon open and nutmeg cardamon after. Soft wood smell.I love it.Good price and good job,I will buy again and again.

hanzaw116
hanzaw116

Starts out nutty/woody and turns citrusy ... and it's gone. Doesn't last for more than a couple hours and stays close to the skin. Nothing special or unique, but smells decent for its price. I find it comforting though, to wear it before bed.

Zerga55
Zerga55

Cheap frag ! Smooth and Gooood Scent average Projection and Sillage but poor longevity on my Skin But Excelent longevity on my Shirt . for the price You Get What You Paid for. That's It. my rating 4/10

Lushylori
Lushylori

I think Corduroy is a very well blended fragrance for men and very affordable as well.
I like this fragrance because i can easily pick up the layers of this scent.
Its a nice smooth nutmeg and cinnamon scent at the top that has some woods and grapefruit.
I think that the base notes dry down into a similar scent as Versace Dreamer and i notice that they contain a few of the same notes as well.
If you like smooth spicy scents then you may want to give this a shot.
I think a more matured gentleman would hold this scent in higher appreciation than a teen or a younger guy.
I think this would suit Fall and Winter the most.
At this price,you can't go wrong, so give this little gem a try :)
I bought my bottle for $9.00 online :)
So far this fragrance has lasted on my skin for about 8 hours :)

Grottola
Grottola

Corduroy used to be at every TJ Maxx/Marshall's I went to, and when I was younger I figured I'd buy a bottle and take my chances. I liked it more back then, but it's still a decent oriental. Basically just a nutmeg/cinnamon/cardamom fragrance. Kinda cheap but it gets the job done I guess. I was never too big on nutmeg or cinnamon, so Corduroy doesn't really appeal to me.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

The cinnamon, vanilla, and woody base makes this fragrance very relaxing. I get the Yankee Candle comparisons. I wear this either around the house or at work during the cooler months because it really helps me relax. This is nothing groundbreaking, but it does smell good.
UPDATE:
I just love the top notes to this fragrance... so comforting, and delicious smelling. I've been told that I smell like gingerbread cookies. If only the base wasn't so weak, this could be someone's #1.

Cocosette
Cocosette

Revisiting this one today after almost two years. I can't make me like it, even tho this time I am able to tolerate it better than when first tried it. For me, it smells just like its price point, cheap.
I like all the listed notes, separately, but here it may be the mix of cardamon and mandarin that does not work for me.
Bigsly's review is spot on.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

This smell is so alluring and mellow on my husband. It evoked the same reaction I felt when I first smelled Soft Blankets by Yankee Candle. I kept on wondering what terrific fragrance this was and pondering what notes combined to make such an attractive and approachable scent. It is warm and wonderful. It has good longevity and sillage. It is also very affordable. I just wish it came in a cologne rather than eau de toilette.

Severino Laguzza
Severino Laguzza

The Corduroy cologne was created by Mexican nose Rodrigo Flores-Roux. Despite being a cheap perfume smells of expensive perfume. It is comfortable, balanced and his only fault is to have a smell very close to the skin, otherwise it would be great!

RobbieX

A masculine woody fragrance. There a a floral note in there. It's a unique fragrance too. Dries down to woods, cinnamon and vanilla. A little too subtle but I like this fragrance.

estevaorada
estevaorada

A unique fragrance! One of the best masculine fragrance i ever smelled.
It draws compliments and i love it

Barolo
Barolo

Nice corduroyed themed bottled. All I can remember about this one is what I smelled when I woke up... the neverending drydown smells just like what I remember of a sample of Le Male I had a couple of months ago.

I put some Solo Loewe on along with some Corduroy. I asked my wife to smell me. She had no idea what was where or even what fragrances I may have had on at all. My wife liked Corduroy better as did I.

For what I paid for it, I'd say I made out pretty well.

Overall this one is semi-pleaZIRHable.

pob75
pob75

I really like this. It's subtle, reassuring, clean, slightly woody and slightly powdery. It has some sweetness and almost smells a little floral at points but stays masculine with the sandalwood and subtle spices.

Stays quite close to the skin - at times I thought it had disappeared - but it gently projects for 5+ hours and lasts beyond 7 hours.

Lovely stuff. Great for the price and an excellent everyday casual or office type fragrance. Persistent but never overpowering.

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Judging by the name and the 'blurb' on the front of the box, I expected this to be a strong, rugged, masculine kind of scent. Perhaps even something approaching a modern day powerhouse. While it is a very manly fragrance with some interesting notes, it is also very disappointingly subtle with only poor to average longevity. Corduroy does have the potential to be great, but unfortunately its way too muted.

Nice idea, but the ingredient quality seems to be just too low. If you're not an aficionado, though, this may be a great find for you. For me, their Ikon is the one to go for (with the prices being what they are now), because that is natural enough and has a good blend of notes I like.

Finisterle
Finisterle

Some say that brainy classicism in everyday society is dead. And that everything new created in film and art is some kind of neon bubble gum or a pale imitation of the past made by people with less education and class.

Most of the time statements like that are depressingly true. But wearing Corduroy is like wearing a stiff top hat cleverly disguised as a soft and cosy baseball cap. It's a modern and discrete fragrance that moves with the times but it has an olden and erudite appeal.

Many of the best fragrances have themed bottles that are really thought trough. Kouros, Fahrenheit and Horizon for instance.

The Corduroy bottle works in the same way as Horizon's - you have to backlight it - and preferably in a dimly lit room. If you do what you see is an abstract but vivid impression of a window to the past. More precisely: a jalousied window in a 1930s-50s sepia colored film or photograph. Or as the name suggests - a wavy fabric.

In conclusion: it's affordable. It's a good mix of modern and classic and the bottle and name work with the fragrance in a way that can compare with the very best holistic creations in the world of perfume.

freedweed
freedweed

I get Cinnamon. It's spicy. I received a sample and liked the fresh burst of citrus and the fresh aquacoral accord opening. That hooked me so I bought it. But I missed the brushed suede and rich spices till I tryed Halston Unbound on my left arm and Corduroy on my right. That's when I could really smell the Cinnamon. Zirh sayes it finishes with a sensual creamy background of rare woods and vanilla. The vanilla keeps it sweet but the cinnamon spices linger on and, I think domanate this EDT. Leaves my skin smelling spicy. Then when that fades it's just pleasant suede and soft, smooth wood. It really is a remarkable EDT. Really well done.

Miyavi
Miyavi

Really rocks!! I got today! Smells so sweet and nice. How can you not love this!?? AAAAHWW its like the best. It reminds me a bit of Bvlgari Black as some others have said. It comes off as very unisex as well. I enjoy the sweet and almost *cake-like* smell. I highly recommend!
On 1 to 5 star rate, I give it perfect 5.

Valentino
Valentino

I see y'all are voting with the 'like' button on this one and I thought, 'Hey...where is the love??'. This stuff is great!

I guess I'm a sucker for nutmeg, muted though it is here, and cinnamon and tonka bean. Mmmm...tonka bean. To be honest, I wouldn't know what a tonka bean was if it bit me on the ass, but I have learnt to identify a warm vanillic tobacco smell in many of my favourite masculines.

I love what Inselaffe says about the 'hollow accord'. This stuff is a bit weird...like maybe it has something missing? Or maybe it doesn't quite know what it wants to to be? 'I'm fresh...no I'm warm...wait, I'm fresh...oh I dunno.'

For the price though you can't go wrong with Corduroy. Going cheap in a discount store near you now!

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This one is absolutely fantastic for the price. I paid £7.99 for 125ml bottle. I do get the Buvlgari (over-rated)Black rubber note in there but the citrus and spice blend it out nicely. I do feel it has some kindship with Pal Zileri Satoriale.
If you are new to fragrance and have not fallen in with all the bullshit that goes with it and you want something nice smelling,cheap and long lasting then do yourself a favour and go for this.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I bought this blind and was instantly impressed with my purchase. I was thinking ok, what's the catch? Does it turn to piss after a while or ...? Nope, it's just an awesome scent.
As mentioned, spicy, oriental on woods. Soapy scent reminiscent to Le Male, Bvlgari Black but also to Chaumet and 212 sexy as they all fall into a very similar family of smell.
Not dirty and rubbery like Bvlgari Black,
Not as fruity and, dare I say, 'how's-ye-father' as Le Male,
Not as powerful and (expensive) exclusive as Chaumet.
<$20 Aussie for 75ml, and our perfume industry is more expensive than most.

Udaria
Udaria

Yeh, here is one men's cologne for the girls.

At first it was very faint, but then the citrus note comes forward. I was comparing it to Bond No. 9 Washington Square ...

Then, as it lingered, the scent developed further, and the dry down is very nice.

I don't know enough about the notes/ingredients, all I can say is that it agrees with me; first fresh, then comforting.

SAMaura
SAMaura

I scooped Corduroy up this weekend at Marshall's. The scent seems very muted, I think maybe too faint (this coming from someone who is a lover of light scents) It's kind of strange because I wore this to work today, and got a compliment. I normally don't get many compliments because I like to play it safe with fragrances, lol.

Anyways, Corduroy IS a good smelling cologne. At first, I just got the woodsy and spicy notes, but slowly, I began to detect some citrus. Longevity also appears to be pretty decent.

Overall, I can't complain. Zirh Corduroy is worth a shot if you haven't tried it. And what a buy it was... I got the 125 ml bottle and the matching shower gel for $14! I plan to use the shower gel to layer with Bvlgari Black. These two are very similar fragrances.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This is an awesome scent at a great low price.

This is one of the first scents I tried then later on I came across Curve.

Corduroy is so close to Curve, so my recommendation is whatever is cheaper, Corduroy or Curve, take it because they are so alike.

Beautiful scent and you can make it your own since very few out there are aware of it.

vin570
vin570

I can't stand this anymore, smells too generic (fresh top and vulgar woody base)... Very nauseating... I hate it. P.S.:Once I wore it and dogs started to follow me barking and encircling me...

Cassiano
Cassiano

When I wore this scent for the 1st time and read some reviews at Fragrantica and Basenotes, I saw too much comparisons with Bvlgari Black. Particularly, I didn't see any similarity with Bvlgari Black, which I also have in my personal collection.

This is more discreet, subtle, however engaging. It is a cologne for the skin, not the environment. I must confess that I rather the last option (LOL), but Corduroy delivers what it promises.

It leaves a creamy and vanilla base that lasts very well. The problem is the lack of projection. After 2 hours on the skin, you think there is no more cologne. But don’t be foolish! It was on my skin for about 10 hours.

For its price, it was worth it! But I don't think this is a scent that I go restore in the future, unless I go falling in love as much as I wear it.

KONRAD
KONRAD

After you Know this fragrance is difficult no to buy it again. it is a nice cologne if doesn`t matter if is not long lasting like others. The tangerine and citric notes make it worth.

BIG
BIG

this scent when sniffed has this soft touch quality and is filled with unobtrusive, yet present notes of spices. very delicate!

truthway
truthway

the best Cheap fragrance ever
the company need to do some thing else with it
to make it more luxcury
then it will be one of the best woddies fragrances for men

markRep
markRep

Also got this for a great deal and love it can't wait to give it to my BF. Tried out on me just cause; and what it really reminds me of is Bvgari Black Al the spices are so sharp on me they mimic the rubber note in Blk. Also the warm vanilla. This Is really a great fall scent. Hope He likes it
I get no citrus on me; lots of spice warm woods and just a hint of lavender. lasting time is wonderful, it goes for hours and hours.

saint2006
saint2006

This Fragrance is the Cheapest colognes i own. Purchased it for $9.00. I was shocked to hear all the comments i recieved. It has a very warm and fragrant personality that is adaptable in every enviorment.

andy

its a very nice spicy fresh scent and very sexy. the cinnamon vanilla drydown is blended with suede to make a more masculine version of JPG le male pi givenchy, and although this may smell unisex women love it and it has the great smell of many oriental scents without the overpowering feel and high cost

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

I bought this for my fiance at a very low price, under $10. He did not wear cologne before he met me, but I, being a lover of fragrance in all forms, introduced him to colognes. He has been wearing the lighter mens body sprays, but I purchased this one and told him to spray it once or twice on his neck. So far, he likes it, and I like it too. I purchased this one for him because of the spicy, oriental description (that is what I tend to like in a perfume for me) and the low price. I love the fact that it does not hit you with that typical fresh citrus topnote that most men's fragrances have. It's more subtle and private, just for me and him. I feel it's a really good value, and it is not too strong or overpowering for a cologne ''beginner'' like my fiance.

this is a must have!!! very few people have heard of this and it is VERY good at smellin..... if u want good cologne AVOID FRESH CITRUS SHT it jus dont stand out and smellz too much like deoderant

dis has a very different and unusual combination that is a PERFECT college cologne

andy

this is a good scent and it definatley is more masculine with the suede and notes

I would highly reccomend this scent it is rare and less known and great smelling you will not be dissapointed

guynspfld
guynspfld

I bought this at Marshall's as when I came out I was unable to find it. I am a huge fan of Zirh products. I fidnt it spicy when you put it on, but after it is on it mellows to something that is slightly citrusy. I got lots of compliments and so many want to buy it for their husbands. It is a must buy if you can find it and if you like spicy mens frags.

Corduroy by Zirh 3.69 out of 5 based on 141 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Zirh Corduroy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Zirh Corduroy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Corduroy by Zirh. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Corduroy by Zirh represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.