Designers » T-Z » Aromatic « Groups

Civet Zoologist Perfumes for women and men

Civet Zoologist Perfumes for women and men
dislike

Civet by Zoologist Perfumes is a Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Civet was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Shelley Waddington. The fragrance features bergamot, black pepper, spices, tarragon, lemon, orange, carnation, frangipani, heliotrope, hyacinth, lime (linden) blossom, tuberose, ylang-ylang, canadian balsam, civet, coffee, incense, labdanum, musk, oakmoss, resins, russian leather, vanilla, vetiver and woodsy notes.

Bergamot Black Pepper Spices Tarragon Lemon Orange Carnation Frangipani Heliotrope Hyacinth Lime (Linden) Blossom Tuberose Ylang-Ylang Canadian balsam Civet Coffee Incense Labdanum Musk Oakmoss resins Russian Leather Vanilla Vetiver Woodsy Notes

Je Reviens

Civet Fragrance Reviews

arlene1622
arlene1622

Zoologist Civet you sexy, seductive, naughty beast! The perfume with its civet, leather, vetiver, incense, musk and tarragon notes is one of the most mind-blowing aromatic fragrances on the market. Civet is a must-have for lovers of potent, spicy perfumes. Shelly Waddington and Victor Wong have created a fragrance that's truly unique and BEAUTIFUL! I simply cannot get enough of Zoologist Civet!

panda0410
panda0410

A contemporary classic! Anamalic chypre floral, reminiscent of so many classy, vintage, floral compositions, only with the civet prominent, but so eloquently placed. This is gorgeous, from the first spray through to the drydown, it's so far away from other raw, dirty, modern civet fragrances on offer. The florals really soften the civet without drowning it into obscurity, this civet is plush, soft and supple. Soft, gentle resins, more soft florals, oakmoss, vetiver, everything a girl could ask for. Definitely pleased I purchased this and definitely makes my list of faves. Great longevity, moderate sillage. If you've ever had a bad experience with civet fragrance, or been too afraid to try a civet based scent, then this one could well be for you. Its truly beautiful.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - civet, leather & resins.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, during the day.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

kyloe
kyloe

Civet is a contemporary variation on a classic chypre theme - animalic chypre floral with a hint of leather and weird coffee note balancing the sweetness of the flowers ( mainly tuberose ) It doesn't develop much, as the citruses and spices fade away Civet becomes a creamy-musky-civety floral with very strong tuberose note. In general it seems to be well balanced modern-vintage scent, interesting and wearable but considering high expectations for the brand, it lacks a bit of excitement and 'wonderfulness'

celticelle
celticelle

Out of the four Zoologist scents I tested (Civet, Hummingbird, Nightingale, and Macaque) this was the one that I liked the most, but I can still only rate it a like, and I don't think a bottle will be put on my wish list. All of the Zoologist line is super powerful and longlasting, but the notes seems strange and overpowering. I expected to like Civet because Shelley Waddington is the perfumer, and I love many of her fragrances, but the style of the perfume line seems to have overridden some of her own style. I especially don't like the start of this with the black pepper and tarragon. They don't seem well blended and stick out like sore thumbs in the top notes. Perhaps it's the coffee note that I'm smelling and dislike, although it doesn't smell like coffee per se to me.

I also don't get any sense of the supposed civet note in this, the namesake of the fragrance. There doesn't seem to be any detectable civetone. I've smelled a lot of vintage fragrances, so I'm aware of what civet is supposed to smell like, in both real and synthetic form. I mainly get some very sweet florals. The frangipani and ylang-ylang melded with the resins are gorgeous, and once the tuberose sort of dies down (not my favorite), I like the fragrance much better.

I wish I could have elevated this to a love, because I love the clever graphics used for the packaging. Too cute!

Will have to keep giving this one more tries from the sample. The drydown is so much better than the beginning.

Debbie3
Debbie3

I ordered a travel size bottle of this golden liquid and have fallen in love. This is my perfect perfume, it all blends so beautifully. I am not great on notes but i recognise a few when i smell them in different fragrances and Civet seems to have the best blend of the notes i enjoy wearing the most.

Filomena1941
Filomena1941

I just received Civet today along with several other samples. I liked all of them! I am wearing Civet now but have already tried Beaver, Nightingale, Hummingbird and Macaque. Civet is intriguing, sexy and smells great. A wonderful cozy Winter scent.
I can see that I will be wearing this a lot this Season.

ilsagold
ilsagold

I never judge / review a parfume with its bottle but this deserves one. Already urge to own one just looking at it. The notes are mostly charming as well even though tuberose seems to be dominant in this and in general I am not fond of it. Still will find ways to test this.

mellene
mellene

CIVET Zoologist Perfumes from Victor Wong composed by perfumer Shelley Waddington of En Voyage is quite a stunning masterpiece! For the lovers of chypre florals from the 1940s era this may be your answer to what's still possible. Exotic,rich florals, citrus, herbs, spices are woven amongst the civet, musk, oakmoss,leather and vetiver to evoke a parfum (25%) which reminds me of the glorious days of perfumery.

Islandaromatika
Islandaromatika

I have been wearing this beauty since receiving my travel spray in Nov. and it is proving to be the perfect cool weather scent. If the thought of Civet scares you, no fear...this is NOT a civet-bomb, but rather a vintage-inspired perfume in which the Civet manages to support and always be present, but in the background. If you love as I do, vintage scents like Arpege or My Sin, you will love this perfume! Shelly Waddington and Victor Wong have a huge winner on their hands. One of my top 5 of 2016!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Zoologist Perfumes Civet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Zoologist Perfumes Civet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Civet by Zoologist Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Civet by Zoologist Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.