Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

coconut
honey
mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles mark. for women Pictures

mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles by mark. is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles was launched in 2007. The fragrance features freesia, honey, gardenia and coconut.

Freesia Honey Gardenia Coconut

Baroque Bleu

mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles Fragrance Reviews

fyrewoman
fyrewoman

Disappointed that this turns sour on my skin! I spent over $35 USD on a bottle after reading these rave reviews and searching for something coconut like this.

At first spray it seemed like it was the epitome of what a dream coconut perfume would be like. It must be the honey with freesia that doesn't like my skin. Either that or i have got a bad bottle?

If anyone else has experienced their bottle turning,please pm me. As lovely as the bottle is,i don't have the room for keeping this. I don't want to trade or sell on ebay if this is rotton. I may have to put this up,for cheap,as a possibly rotton bottle for collecting purposes only. Either that or simply throw away.

I no longer search for coconutty perfumes as i have accumulated too many others that smell the same this summer. Everything else i have from Mark Vaca line smell great and is up for swap if anyone else is interested. Otherwise gonna sell as i don't care to own so many coconutty or tropical scents like i used too. Funny how that happens.

cyanne
cyanne

I agree with Gypsy. This was indeed the best of the Instant Vacation series. It's the only one that isn't like a cheap Malibu Musk. It's golden and sensuous. I realize how much I loved it and may have to again sell Mark in order to replenish my supply! I have a great big ole' bottle of Elizabeth Arden's Mediterranean recieved at (you guessed it) Christmas. I am wondering what I can layer with it to give it the wonderful depth of Greek Isles.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This is my all time favorite scent ever!! I have repurchased this so I know that I love it (I never repurchase perfumes). All the notes blend so well together and it smells like a slightly flowery but also slightly creamy coconut scent.

LOVE THIS!!
And if you don't like this, I might even consider doing a swap :)

jenny2301
jenny2301

Love this one especially for summer,makes me feel like Im on vacation somewhere south!!Smells beautiful!

I could kick myself!

I went through one of those "I have WAY too much perfume" phases, a couple years back, and did a rather large clearing out. From Avon (and mark.) I passed on Instant Vacation (original), IV Caribbean, Island Vibe and Brazil Beat; because (c'mon let's face it) I was NEVER going to wear all of these all up! They were nice, but how many "summery fruity floral" fragrances does ONE guy really and truly NEED???! *giggles* Anyway I went to find this, when I saw it added here; and (horror of HORRORS) realized I must have also given THIS away too! *sighs*

Greek Isles did not smell all that "Greek" to me; but it was a beautiful thick creamy gardenia and coconut perfume with the sweet smoothness of warm honey and just enough powdery freesia sprinkled on top. I know, I know..."Just get over it! Move on. Surely there is another coconut/floral one that could take it's place?". But, alas and alack; NO there really isn't! I have tried layering soliflore gardenia perfumes with honey-based lotions, adding YR Noix de Coco EDT and topping it off with a light spritz of DEMETER's Freesia...but it is not the same. (Actually it was a rather nauseating experience, and ALL KINDS OF WRONG! LOL) So here I sit, pining for my beloved Greek Isles and the warm creamy vibe it used to give me. *mark* has released a new one every summer since (two for the Summer of 2010, actually-the "Rio" twins: Rhythym and Bikini), but nothing else is really like this one. It was (and still is, somewhere) the perfect blend of creamy (and somewhat powdery) flowers and tropical fruit with just a kiss of sweet honey. A true treasure!

Sillage: quite good
Longevity: average to good
Overall: 3.5/5

So...if there is ANYONE here who has this, and is not absolutely "in love" with it or happens to be OVER it; please PM me, and we can talk swap or "work something out". *winks* Maybe some mixed decants of equal milliliters or something for a full (or even partial) bottle.

Thank you and smell swell!

PS: *mark* released a three purse spray set this Christmas but (sadly) all it has is: Costa Rica (not on the database yet), original Instant Vacation and the newest one (from summer 2011) Ibiza Sol.

Anastangel
Anastangel

One of my favorites Avon Mark has put out. All of the Instant Vacations seem to have that tropical coconut undertone, but this one has a special note that makes it unique. Must be the honey? It stands out - a little sharp bite within all of the sweet florals - and I love it. Such a pretty bottle too with the ocean blues.

adele l
adele l

Utterly tropical, coconutty, and youthful. That said, i'm a grown up and love it. Of course it is somewhat sweet and synthetic but somehow it smells unique, not quite of suntan oil- definitely a beachy vibe.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

My sister owns this & I really like it. Definitely has an island vibe to it. Very nice mildly sweet flowers & fruit. Has a breezy softness to it, that reminds me of summertime. Sillage is good for Avon, but lasting power is minimal ( typical of non-oriental Avon fragrances unfortunately) on me unless I douse myself in it. But still I think worth owning because it is really different & its very affordable too. A good pick-me-up, mood enhancing type of scent.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I like this but it does smell like Hawaiian Tropic suntan oil. That's not a bad thing in the summer months and it does have a real sweet , good enough to eat smell. If you like a real sweet fragrance this is it. The price isn't too bad for a fun splurge. I could see a college student taking a bottle of this on spring break.

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

Pretty bottle at least! At first when you spray it, it smells okay, and still does after like 2 minutes. After about 20 minutes all you smell is gardenia and it smells weird with the honey scent. It lasts hours and hours on your skin even after you wash it off! even though I hate the gardenia there is almost a candy scent to it... has to be warm in the summer I think

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Can somebody tell me, what is the difference between the mist and the perfume?
I like the mist a lot, but i can buy both scents and now i dont know what to do?
Please can anybody explain what scent is the best?

mwater1
mwater1

I really like this Mark Fragrance. It starts off on a really sweet and coconut note and then dries down to a buttery musky smell. It lasts a good while, I can make it through an entire workday with Instant Vacation Greek Isles.

thumbelina328
thumbelina328

I don't have IV Greek Isles. But i have the original Instant Vacation and I absolutely love it!! It's a very summery fragrance. Great for spring and summer. I got it just in time for spring break, I'm sooo happy!

***NOTICE TO THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDE WHICH PERFUMES GET ADDED TO THIS SITE- Please add more Mark (Avon/Mark) perfumes! I'm a Mark representative and I love all of the Mark scents. But I would really love some feedback from other people, especially on the brand-new Mark fragrance REBEL ROSE! THANK YOU!***

Bouquet
Bouquet

This one smells fantastic and is great for summer days.

The downside is... it doesn't last very well (at least on me,) and Avon doesn't sell a body lotion version of the scent that you can layer the spray with.

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

Oh this one is so yummy. a Perfect Summer scent!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about mark. mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about mark. mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles by mark.. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of mark Instant Vacation Greek Isles by mark. represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.