Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

tuberose
cacao
mark White Vetiver mark. for women Pictures

mark White Vetiver is a feminine fragrance with a distinctive edge, the scent of the contrast between smoky and dark vetiver and white tuberose. Top notes: plum, mandarin and pink pepper. Heart: tuberose, jasmine and dark cocoa bean. Base: vetiver, patchouli and Geogrywood molecule. Available as 50 ml fragrance mist. mark White Vetiver was launched in 2011.

Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Plum

Jasmine Tuberose Cacao

Vetiver Patchouli

mark White Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn

First of all, this is NOT a vetiver fragrance. This is a uniquely peppery take on tuberose.

The first 10 minutes were a tug of war between the spicy, peppery note and a rather bold tuberose. It was not the candy tuberose of Truth or Dare nor the round and honeyed tuberose of Chloe (the original), but something in- between--with a bit of the roundness and sophistication of Chloe and a lightheartedness that was similar to ToD. The lighthearted tuberose kept trying to float away, to become silly or girly....but that note of pepper kept pulling it back down to earth, almost trying to pop it or bury it. It was quite a discordant introduction. And then there was a sudden truce, and the two notes found a delightfully sophisticated, delicate yet bold partnership. It is an odd combination, but I think it works. Like a quirky girl who can get away with the most unusual style combinations by bringing her own unique take--it's that kind of perfume.

As it dries down, I do get a note of patchouli that is lightly woody and slightly dry; when I breath on my arm or if I wash my hands, the moisture brings out the tuberose again. It's an ebb and flow of notes that is interesting.

By 3 hours, it is fading quite a bit. From an initial moderate to strong sillage, it is now faint. I think I still smell nice, but it is not the power that I started my evening with. Still, this is a fun perfume that would suit that quirky girl or woman who likes to find beauty in contrast.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Wearing today in springtime southern Alabama ,temps have been in the mid-60's F. This is a Tuberose scent not a Vetiver one despite the misleading name. For me this opens with plum( recognizable even before I checked the notes )accented with the pink pepper,and proceeds to a Tuberose dominant scent ( I was thinking it could've been called Dior Poison L'Eau)
Patchouli is quite evident in White Vetiver. The note it takes it's name for though ,is a background player at best ,as was the jasmine . The mandarin and cacao were not evident to my nose.

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

I first tried the cream ans I loved it ! Then, I was lucky enouht to get the perfume. It is les intense than expected but the smell is very rich And unique. It IS a Nice odor of tuberose. Let see How long it last !

Senzadite
Senzadite

There is no cacao here, NONE. It doesn´t say it in the box (wich has the notes printed) neither the catalog. This is flowery/sweet/dry with lots of tuberose. Not bad but i gave it away to a girl that will gracefuly fit here.

RIYL: Secret Obsession, Exclamation, Tuberose.

I don't rightly know what the concentration of a fragrance mist is, but White Vetiver is potent stuff.
White Vetiver is overall a bit of a "dusty" fragrance. I also don't pick up a particularly strong presence of vetiver.. mostly patchouli & dry cacao. I had no idea what Georgywood molecule was so I looked it up. Seems it's the woody (non-vetiver) note that I'm getting here.

White Vetiver is labelled as a fragrance mist, so I'm surprised at how potent this is. Tuberose can be so hard for me to wear, so I wear this with some restraint, despite the supposed light concentration. This scent on me is mostly tuberose and patchouli, with some plum, and a hint of vetiver. The tuberose and plum combination seems a bit dark and heavy to me, and once the patchouli starts to take hold, this develops a slight masculine edge. I am a patchouli lover, so I could never understand when people mentioned that patchouli smells dank, but I actually get a bit of that here. The patchouli is a bit dirty and earthy in this. This scent seems suitable for cool wet weather.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is a light vetiver fragrance that I am still testing. Upon the first spray, this comes across very cool, if it were a color - I would say that it was "blue". It has a cooling effect, like mint or peppermint. The first 3-5 minutes, there's a slight aerosol spray note that is smelling a little like nail polish remover - on my skin... but this quickly dries down into a softer powder type scent. (I know, I have very unique chemistry, so - this may just be me).

This range is hitting in the alto register, one of my favorite ranges for fragrances that I choose as a "signature scent". This is a good thing, actually. I find that I have more compliments on alto or tenor range fragrances. Both men and women seem to be drawn to this range with my particular chemistry, and I always get a lot of compliments on fragrances that are within this particular reach.

I will have to see how this fragrance sets up on my skin, to really know more of what is going on with my chemistry and this fragrance.

I'm still trying this one to really get a true "read" on it. Right now, it is not making a strong impression. It is so-so. I'm not repulsed by it, nor am I really compelled to wear it.

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

Without ever smelling White Vetiver, I ordered it in the lotion. If I do not have to be at work, I wear real pure essential oil vetiver, which my husband and I love. But for work, POE vetiver is too earthy. So I was turned on by the idea of White Vetiver as a less "hippy" solution. I like it ok but it does not smell like vetiver. It reminds me of Sara Mitchell gardenia with a White Shoulders edge. I like White Shoulders; my great grandmother wore it, and I find it pleasant. White Vetiver smells similar to White Shoulders only it is a little milkier and "whiter". My goal was something woody, which this is not. I think I will wear it every once in a while, but I will keep searching for something earthier that I can wear in an office setting.

amy1983
amy1983

TUBEROSE CITY! All I could smell was tuberose. It was so cloying,that I couldn't wait to shower it off! I didn't get any vetiver whatsoever. I had also ordered the lotion,but I didn't even open it. I gave them both away. So, if you love tuberose,which I realized I don't,then this is for you.

This is such a luxurious perfume!! It is unbelievable that Avon can make a perfume so gorgeously full bodied!! For lovers of a white floral perfume with a chocolate edge, this is really something for you!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Piqued my interest when I discovered tuberose as a listed ingredient. Bought the body cream for $3 and….worth it! Sweet tuberose with cacao, pepper and small hint of patchouli. I don't get "sexy" with this scent but definitely feel cosy. Fun and sweet rather than elegant and mature. I don't think it is similar to Tom Ford's White Patchouli which is right down dirty and no sweetness (I do love TF Black Orchid though). Very strong sillage during first hour so may not be office-friendly. I can see me wearing the cream on my bare legs so I can get a whiff when the heater under my desk warms up the scent and lets it waft upwards. Will be hunting down more of this scent at clearance before they are all gone.

Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: about 4 hours
Rating: 3.5/5

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

This should have been delicious, but only smelled sour and musty on me. I have a bad reaction to perfumer's Vetiver that I haven't noticed from the natural essence. Thumbs down for me.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I love vetiver! I love tuberose and white florals! I love patchouli! I love virtually every note in this perfume.

Unfortunatly, I abhor Mark White Vetiver. I don't know what is wrong. It almost makes me physically ill...and no other perfume has that effect on me. There is something about the indolic sweetness of the florals almost "strobing" against the dryness of the vetiver/patchouli that repells me. Yet I love Michael Kors' scents that have a similar rich tuberose/dry wood contrast.

My revulsion is so strong that everytime I tried MV, I had to scrub it off within a very few minutes. Now I can't even handle the bottle without feeling ill. The effect started to influence the way I reacted to all white floral/woody scents, many of which are among my favourites. So WV must go.

This is not an indictment of WV. But it is one example of the sensory power that makes perfume such a profound human experience.

HeidiLynn

So curious about this one! I finally asked my avon lady to order it, and it was all gone :(

Fragaria
Fragaria

I'm still debating on this one. Sometimes it smells okay...mostly it has a musty smell to it. I'm in love with the bottle and think it's expensive looking, I display mine. Sweetnspicey mentions this is a summer scent, I'd have thought otherwise. I will try this in the summer heat and see if this is the right recipe. Fresh, dry, hot weather can make a huge difference. I'm also finding out that for me to even give a review, I've got to wear the perfume a lotta lotta whole lotta times! This one hasn't been worn enough yet, so I'm not giving up. It might be just one note that might be fantastic under the right conditions. So far, I don't even really recognize what I might be smelling, not one thing at any point smells familiar...other than mushrooms?

I myself am not in love with the bottle, btw my son really is in love with the bottle! But as far as the perfume goes it is gorgeous gorgeous! I do think it is a sister to Tom Ford White Patchouly, so if that one is a bit too expensive, this one really does the trick!

For the price, this perfume is amazing. I wouldn't have expected sweet plum notes, earthy patchouli, and cacao to blend so beautifully together and completely enhance the scent of tuberose. Don't let the cacao note fool you. It's not a chocolate perfume by any means. The cacao smells natural like the actual plant. I would not wear this in cold months. It's so tropical, with Hawaiian tuberose and Amazonian cacao. All I can think about is Hawaii when I wear it, so I would make the most of this perfume in warmer months.

p.s. The bottle is adorable with the big flower on top, yet not childish at all.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

Received this in a swap from goingblonde :D (so kind & very generous, she also gave me 10 samples!) I like this fragrance! Its unique, earthy, cacao, sweet, woody. The main notes I smell are vetiver, cacao, pachouli, jasmine. Its actually a woody, sweet scent overall. Projection & staying power are both great! ;)

flora lee
flora lee

If this had more longevity it would be THE gardenia/tuberose scent I've been searching for. So well balanced, a creamy tuberose white floral with its hint of voluptuous fruit, where the vetiver holds the natural green and spicy base. And it is a 'white' woody vetiver versus a dark and smoky one. Love it. Why can't I find something like this in a strong formulation? Bond #9 Saks DNA for Her is close, but more harshly chemical smelling on my skin, so not as evocative of the tropical flowers we are trying to celebrate here.

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

i got this and the lotion on clearance for five dollars.. figured i'm only out a few bucks if i don't like it, and i seem to like scents with vetiver in them, so why not?
Was definitely worth the money. While I'm usually not able to identify notes in fragrances yet, i can say that to me the tuberose, which I don't care for in general, isn't way strong or offensive, and it just smells nice, not real light and not too heavy, just nice overall. Even if it weren't discontinued I wouldn't order it again, but was definitely five bucks well spent. :)

luzdesoleil1
luzdesoleil1

I DO HAVE LIKE 50 BOTTLES OF THIS ONE "I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE THIS FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS !!! "

SandraV
SandraV

Initially upon getting this scent in a swap I sprayed it once and instantly relisted it as it was SO strong-mind you it was the height of summer and the heat just amplified it.Well I decided to give it another try-this time I just barely depressed the sprayer until a tiny drop came out and wow-what a difference time(and colder weather) makes.It is a dark,smokey tuberose that is to die for:I strangely get no vetiver which is fine as true vetiver smells leathery to me.This has just a hint of coconut that I didn't notice the first time-very nice to ground the florals with.It would figure that now that I love it it is being discontinued....why does Avon(mark) discontinue stuff so easily?

hollyms
hollyms

This is really unique. It's mature, strong, and something for evening wear & winter. The lasting power is all day! Even with that being said, this isn't for everyone. The uniqueness will make it a love it or hate it type of deal. The packaging could also turn some people away - it's about as cheap as you could get. Still, for the price this is something really special.

twillocks
twillocks

I got a sample from the Avon Lady and that is all I needed . . . way to strong for me.

lukkyme
lukkyme

its a copy of tom ford"s white.......right down to the white ribbed bottle...im suprised he hasnt called a lawyer...but i love it soooooo hey

melbritt24
melbritt24

Had a sample vial...tried it once and gave it away. I don't like tuberose but I love vetiver and patchouli so I'm not sure if it was the combo or too much tuberose that didn't agree with me?

gesch
gesch

This is a sexy smoking one ... Actually it's sultry and just in the best meaning.

The opening of the slightly peppered-up fruity notes enhances the real gorgeous enfusing tuberose. The fruits in the top are no sugary syrup and aren't even strong, but they help transition the scent into the cocoa - from freshly underlined tuberose to dark sultry tuberose.

And all the while the earthy patchouly, makes more and more its entrance known.
Androgyn seduction: not cheap and more like luring in than on the prowl. Not for someone who prefers sugar to smoke.

Feel really confident with this and even in my pyjamas like a sex on stick, just in a very come-hither way.

Why the campaign has such a clean cut makes me wonder about my perception of sexyness, but otherwise I'm pleased that they don't have to use "SEX sells" to advertise here...

Bought already my 2nd bottle out of fear they ran out when I needed my refill :)

Nanc
Nanc

I absolutely adore this perfume; the vetiver really comes through and is made feminine by the tuberose and jasmine one of my faves from avon!

mark White Vetiver by mark. 3.58 out of 5 based on 63 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about mark. mark White Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about mark. mark White Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify mark White Vetiver by mark.. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of mark White Vetiver by mark. represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.