Topic: If you like GREEN fragrances, then check this new one out.

http://twistedlily.com/wp-content/uploads/Wald-250x250.jpg  Fragrance notes:

Fir, Thuja, Cedar, Elemi, Frankincense, Juniper, Artemisia, Linden Blossom, Cistus, Clove, Nutmeg, Fern, Fresh Grass, Smoke, Honey, Maple Syrup, Moss, Vetiver, Agarwood, Birch Tar, Animal Skin, Castoreum, Damp Earth

This sounds quite interesting from the Euphorium Brooklyn. Trying to wrap my head around how this will smell. Must order sample out of pure curiosity.

Updated: Posted a link.....(I have no affiliation)

http://twistedlily.com/shop/eau-de-parfum/wald/

Last edited by cdaleb73110 (2015-03-07 11:41:25)

Re: If you like GREEN fragrances, then check this new one out.

Sounds perfectly green and earthy! I really want to try this asap! Thank you  45

I am intrigued and these past few weeks, I have been hunting & discovering some nice real green scents! I'm also curious about the maple syrup. I come from the land of the maple syrup and the uncle of a friend has a maple grove. To me, it is a marvellous scent. Before boiling, what comes directly from the tree (which we call « l'eau d'érable ») has a very delicate aroma and it tastes lightly sweet, almost herbal-woody! Trying to imagine the smell of the syrup with the rest???

Please, do report if you get a chance to try it!

Thanks for sharing.

I will keep you posted.....ordering samples this morning.  applause

Euphorium Perfume has another interesting one called Cilice I just discovered. We will see. I posted a link if anyone is interested in sampling. As green as the liquid is I wonder if it stains?

Last edited by cdaleb73110 (2015-03-07 12:18:40)

Cyrus Smith wrote:

I am intrigued and these past few weeks, I have been hunting & discovering some nice real green scents! I'm also curious about the maple syrup. I come from the land of the maple syrup and the uncle of a friend has a maple grove. To me, it is a marvellous scent. Before boiling, what comes directly from the tree (which we call « l'eau d'érable ») has a very delicate aroma and it tastes lightly sweet, almost herbal-woody! Trying to imagine the smell of the syrup with the rest???

Please, do report if you get a chance to try it!

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting, I have only experienced the after product of maple syrup. I had a huge red maple I cut down last summer that had gone past its prime. I remember when we were using the chain saws you could smell the sugar content in the wood. I guess red maples have a high sugar content. It did smell amazing.

Last edited by cdaleb73110 (2015-03-07 11:55:29)

I saw that brand advertised at Twisted Lily.  I was thinking of ordering a sample.  Looking forward to hearing your experience with it.

Peace be with you.

very curious as well superglad

It looks amazing cdaleb.  I'm going to check it out!

"May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes."  Anonymous

"Wald" means forest in German....it seems the nomen is an omen :-)

Sounds interesting, have never heard about this brand before....

LOVE that bottle!

ETA: suspect the bottle is a lie told to those of us who like the pretty things. Looks like they actually come in BPAL type bottles in actuality.

ETAA: nm, "30ml and 15ml bottles come with a screw cap, travel bottle along with a glass stopper bottle. - See more at: http://twistedlily.com/shop/eau-de-parfum/wald/#sthash.r4Svn72F.dpuf"

Last edited by archivist (2015-03-16 17:56:27)

Ooooooooh! As someone whose profile name is a shade of green I would love to try this! Look forward to it!

Cilice even has its own racy video to go along with it: http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-fragranc … tion-draw/

You can also buy your own cilice to go with it, with or without barbs.  Quite an interesting concept for a perfume.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep...

I love green perfumes - thanks for the heads up on this one! Looks good!

Well here is my feeble attempt at describing this fragrance. After a second wearing here it goes. The liquid is quite thick, oily and true green. Immediately you pick up the pines, junipers, conifers, firs, etc. The maple syrup is unmistakable. Moments later up comes the smoke, frankincense and birch tar. This all starts smoldering creating a bonfire effect. This is all within the first 5 minutes and wafting quite strongly.

After sometime the artemisia finally comes out of hiding. Smells literally like you have taken a leaf and crushed it with your fingers. Pungent but herbal and a tad sweet. The animal hide comes forth. Rough and raw leather. I keep thinking I get a spicy clove now and again. There are points of this fragrance that briefly reminded me of a hint of marijuana Or it just could have been my neighbor. Ha ha. You can sense raw vetiver.

Now after an hour or so it is calming down and quite reminds me of the whole neighborhood mowing their lawn while still a tad dewy. The evergreen resins, smoke and syrup is still present but quite closer to a skin scent.

After 4 hours I still detect it as a skin scent. I had a quick flashback of the original polo with incense. The quality is amazing. This was with a very small dab to my wrist and pressing other wrist together. I imagine one to two full dabs with the bottle stopper on some pulse points and WOW, it would be strong.

There you have it. I do admit when I get to moving around the oil has no problems coming back to life on my skin. Kind of a Fille de Aiguilles meets Lonestar Memories.

I have Cilice as well by Euphorium Brooklyn will have to give it a couple of wearings too.

Last edited by cdaleb73110 (2015-03-17 20:42:30)

This is not a fragrance... it is an Odyssey!!!

Your review really arouse my curiosity. I will try to get my hands on this. The bottle looks like an old alchemist elixir!

Thanks!

Very interesting!!

Especially because it combines fir, thuja, juniper, artemisia, frankincense and birch!!

But no shipping to Brazil and price is prohibitive.

Anyway, it seems great!! Thank you!!  tummenupp

I realize the impossible in me.

physalis's Website

This sounds truly awesome...and weird...and everything you want in a green fragrance.

My Youtube Fragrance Channel "ouch110 Fragrance Reviews". :)

Ouch!'s Website

Sounds interesting, as does this new one:  https://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.29903.jpg Olfactive Studio Panorama

No reviews as of yet

Arabian Knight wrote:

Sounds interesting, as does this new one: https://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.29903.jpg  Olfactive Studio Panorama

No reviews as of yet

Oh how cool. I want to try this one now. Wasabi as a note could be quite interesting. It does look and notes are quite green. Thanks for sharing and pointing this one out.

Last edited by cdaleb73110 (2015-03-20 20:06:01)

Great review @cdaleb! Thanks for sharing!  smile

"The love of a cat is a blessing, a privilege in this world." RIP little buddy.