Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

Migotka wrote:

@Nicole.

I have a very pale skin- I could give a vampire a run for their money when it comes to paleness  glad I have this lipstick, and it works so well! So I can recommend if you are looking for natural looking coral.

Thank you, I will have to look for it next time I am at the store. I also can relate to your paleness, vampires have nothing on us, lol!  glad Sunblock is my best friend!

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

*raises hand as another representative of the "so pale you'd pass for a vampire" crew*  wink

"the future is a mistress that is so hard to please and the past is a pebble in my shoe..."

oobunillaoo's Website

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

oobunillaoo wrote:

*raises hand as another representative of the "so pale you'd pass for a vampire" crew*  wink



Ha ha!  mE Too!!   

offtopic: offtopic

I was wearing a polodress at the mall last summer and they had this guy with a wheel that you spin for prizes.  As I walk by he's shouting about this prize or that.  He sees me and says or you could buy some tans with the money.  I was so mad.  I could buy some skin cancer you mean!!

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

makeupmaven wrote:

Ha ha! mE Too!!

offtopic:  yikes ftopic:

I was wearing a polodress at the mall last summer and they had this guy with a wheel that you spin for prizes. As I walk by he's shouting about this prize or that. He sees me and says or you could buy some tans with the money. I was so mad. I could buy some skin cancer you mean!!



that is so rude! sadly, as we pale ladies know full well, people think they've a right to tell us we "need some sun" all the time.  thanks but no - looking like leatherface is not really very high at the top of our priority list.  it's always the worst looking tanned people that say it to you as well.

being naturally pale means we have gorgeous skin, and we can get away with wearing CORAL LIPSTICKS! *throws confetti*

"the future is a mistress that is so hard to please and the past is a pebble in my shoe..."

oobunillaoo's Website

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

Does anyone has an idea which coral lipstick can be used for dark hair and light olive skin, if any at all?

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

oobunillaoo wrote:
makeupmaven wrote:

Ha ha! mE Too!!

offtopic:  yikes ftopic:

I was wearing a polodress at the mall last summer and they had this guy with a wheel that you spin for prizes. As I walk by he's shouting about this prize or that. He sees me and says or you could buy some tans with the money. I was so mad. I could buy some skin cancer you mean!!



that is so rude! sadly, as we pale ladies know full well, people think they've a right to tell us we "need some sun" all the time. thanks but no - looking like leatherface is not really very high at the top of our priority list. it's always the worst looking tanned people that say it to you as well.

being naturally pale means we have gorgeous skin, and we can get away with wearing CORAL LIPSTICKS! *throws confetti*



:oftopic:I live in a region where people are crazy about fake orange tan. One day I heard two teenagers commenting an ad on a bus stop. It was one of a very classy lady in elegant clothes. They liked it, but they thought she would be prettier if she was more 'orange'.



End of OT, some coral beautfies from the new ArtDeco collection Beauty meets Fashion

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=49377248

Lipstick in Soft Coral (the one on the right)

http://beautifulwithbrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/artdeco-spring-2012-07.jpg

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

oubunillaoo,

I'm a lip balm kind of girl too;)usually I prefer eye make up and it blends well on me.even if I indulge it doesn't show much.

no,I haven't tried any coral.even as night make up I don't feel comfortable wearing it.

Migotka,

if you're paled and it looks good on you,maybe I should give it a try.



by the way I'm somehow sure nobody can reject that it's too much as noon makeup!

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

migotka,these soft ones look so natural,specially the one on the left hand.

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

oobunillaoo wrote:
makeupmaven wrote:

Ha ha! mE Too!!

offtopic:  yikes ftopic:

I was wearing a polodress at the mall last summer and they had this guy with a wheel that you spin for prizes. As I walk by he's shouting about this prize or that. He sees me and says or you could buy some tans with the money. I was so mad. I could buy some skin cancer you mean!!



that is so rude! sadly, as we pale ladies know full well, people think they've a right to tell us we "need some sun" all the time. thanks but no - looking like leatherface is not really very high at the top of our priority list. it's always the worst looking tanned people that say it to you as well.

being naturally pale means we have gorgeous skin, and we can get away with wearing CORAL LIPSTICKS! *throws confetti*

Totally  yikes ftopic:

Yes, it's true, it seems people always feel it's fine to point out how "pale" we are. Why is it the people who tend to make these comments are people who are super tan and have skin that almost looks crunchy? I don't make a habit of telling people who have skin that looks like leather that they should invest on some sunblock or stay out of a tanning bed for more than a week...  78

I don't have a problem with the fairness of my skin; I actually quite like it. I just had to put my two cents in and agree with the comments above. I treat others the way I would like to be treated in return. That includes keeping my comment about other peoples choices to myself unless my opinion is asked for (I'm careful what I say then too) or unless I have something nice to say. Good hevens, if I said everything that popped into my head there would be some very unhappy people around me, lol!  72

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

Thanks for the tip, I will keep my eye out for the Apricot Fantasy by Revlon you mentioned next time I am shopping. glad
By the way, congratulations on your purchases! I am sure they look beautiful on you...

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

I think I am going to have to get that Bobbi brown one!! OMGoodness it is so pretty!!!

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

http://www.temptalia.com/images/summer2012/mac_ravishinglipstick006.jpg

MAC Ravishing

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

MAC HIBISCUS!!! It's beautiful on you!

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1422336-main-hero.jpg 



This is actually a tinted lip balm availible at Sephora that is fairly new, Fresh Sugar Coral, and it's beautiful! Great for those of you who may have fair skin or are just looking to enhance your natural lip color with a touch of coral.  smile

It is a bit expensive for a lip balm, but I can tell you after getting a free sample as a birthday gift from Sephora, I can see why people are hooked on this stuff! It really is totally different from any other lip balm I have tried (I've tried quite a few over the years  rodna ).

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

tommy_girl wrote:

yikes ftopic:can you gals really wear colors like this?

it may look good on some people,but I'll look like a hooker wearing something like this.

I think it depends on the culture also.

Some of my guy friends think red lipsticks & red nails are for prostitutes only.



http://www.temptalia.com/images/summer2010/glominerals_passionfruit003.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/images/summer2010/glominerals_passionfruit004.jpg

gloMinerals Passion Fruit Lipstick ==> where can I buy it now?

http://www.temptalia.com/images/summer2010/korres_52orangered003.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/images/summer2010/korres_52orangered004.jpg

Korres #52 Orange Red Lipstick

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

http://www.temptalia.com/images/spring2010/lancome_matte_corset001.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/images/spring2010/lancome_matte_corset002.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/images/spring2010/lancome_matte_corset003.jpg

Lancome Corset Lipstick

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

http://www.temptalia.com/images/spring2011/mac_kissablelipcolour028.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/images/spring2011/mac_kissablelipcolour029.jpg

MAC Exxxhibitioniast Kissable Lipcolour

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

this looks so nice, i'm going to look for it!



Nicole1978 wrote:

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1422336-main-hero.jpg 



This is actually a tinted lip balm availible at Sephora that is fairly new, Fresh Sugar Coral, and it's beautiful! Great for those of you who may have fair skin or are just looking to enhance your natural lip color with a touch of coral.  smile

It is a bit expensive for a lip balm, but I can tell you after getting a free sample as a birthday gift from Sephora, I can see why people are hooked on this stuff! It really is totally different from any other lip balm I have tried (I've tried quite a few over the years  rodna ).

1962-2015- llh

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

boardbat wrote:

this looks so nice, i'm going to look for it!



Nicole1978 wrote:

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1422336-main-hero.jpg 



This is actually a tinted lip balm availible at Sephora that is fairly new, Fresh Sugar Coral, and it's beautiful! Great for those of you who may have fair skin or are just looking to enhance your natural lip color with a touch of coral.  smile

It is a bit expensive for a lip balm, but I can tell you after getting a free sample as a birthday gift from Sephora, I can see why people are hooked on this stuff! It really is totally different from any other lip balm I have tried (I've tried quite a few over the years  rodna ).

Just to forewarn you, it is not in all Sephora stores yet, so if your store happens to be one of them you might have to order it online. Of course you could always wait until your Sephora gets it in stock (I'm just not a good waiter I guess, lol).
If you get your hands on this little gem, enjoy it! glad

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

vaiduakhu wrote:
tommy_girl wrote:

  ftopic:can you gals really wear colors like this?
yikes
it may look good on some people,but I'll look like a hooker wearing something like this.

I think it depends on the culture also.

Some of my guy friends think red lipsticks & red nails are for prostitutes only.

that's too bad! both look gorgeous! they're a classic

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

Juma wrote:

Does anyone has an idea which coral lipstick can be used for dark hair and light olive skin, if any at all?

To my eye, light coral is for blondes.

Bold coral is for dark hair colors.

For the olive skin tone, I think a coral with more orange than pink will suit you better.

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink About It (coral-pink)...my coloring is Fair-Light & pink-toned.

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

http://www.beautezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAC-Orange-Lipsticks-8068.jpg

MAC Lipsticks in Razzledazzler (left) and Tart & Trendy (right)

http://www.beautezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAC-Orange-Lipsticks-8069.jpg

MAC Lipstick in Razzledazzler

http://www.beautezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAC-Orange-Lipsticks-8070.jpg

MAC Lipstick in Tart & Trendy

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

http://www.chicprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAC-Summer-2013-All-About-Orange-Collection-Lipstick-Swatches.jpg

MAC Lipstick Swatches: #01 Sweet & Sour, #02 Flamingo, #03 Tangerine Dream, #04 Tarts & Trendy, #05 Neon Orange

http://www.chicprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAC-Summer-2013-Lipstick-Sweet-Sour-Swatch.jpg

MAC Sweet & Sour Lipstick Swatch – soft peach cream

http://www.chicprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAC-Summer-2013-Lipstick-Flamingo-Swatch.jpg

MAC Flamingo Lipstick Swatch – light milky coral

Re: Favorite coral lipsticks?

Just went through all of your swatch posts and lipstick suggestions! They look great! Do you think there is a shade of coral I could possibly pull off with my fair skin and medium to dark brown hair? I have cool undertones by the way. I don't get really tan in summer either..only my freckles come out and I don't look as much as a vampire. But no one would call me tan ... ever. I feel that most coral shades are either great for blondes or olive/darker complexions :(

Last edited by melodiadelapaz (2013-05-30 03:28:22)