Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1 I want it: 1

oud
leather
Ode Acca Kappa for women and men Pictures Ode Acca Kappa for women and men Pictures

Ode by Acca Kappa is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Ode was launched in 2016. The fragrance features agarwood (oud), saffron, rose and ginger.

Agarwood (Oud) Saffron Rose Ginger

If you're familiar with this fragrance, use the tools on the perfume pyramid to select the most prominent notes.

Ode Fragrance Reviews

Heart:
Rose - Orris - Carnation - Cistus - Olibanum
Base:
Oud accord - Guaiacwood - Cedarwood - Sandalwood - Patchouli - Vetiver

Got two sprays in passing yesterday whilst exiting a department store.
Coolish 13° evening.
Soft & supple. A very earthy almost "mossy" woody. Was not able to give it full & undivided attention, unfortunately, but whenever I sniffed the back of my hand the rest of the night (I got about 5 hours) I overwhelmingly encountered patchouli from my skin with this, albeit a very well blended, smooth & elegant patchouli... with the oud & sandalwood there quietly, again, nicely blended. I will go back to try this once more in hopes the contribution of carnation, cistus, and olibanum becomes more apparent to me; I would like to appreciate their presence. Potentially a keeper.

Edit: Like a great second date this was worth trying again! Different day. Different understanding... we all know how that goes. I went back, gave it a proper go and had to take it home. To my humble nose this seems very well blended.
Now I glimpse carnations! Here a hint of cumin & there a drop of ginger, yes. Now the cistus & olibanum have presented themselves, taking their sister, rose, by the hand... each to take up an instrument or voice in this familial choir - with soft saffron pirouetting around adding her dance to the mystic song. Oud & cedar have a supporting role where patchouli (whom first I mistook for lead tenor) is merely page-turner; welcome but unobtrusive. All culminating in a beautifully orchestrated sacred Ode! This concentrates my mind and elevates my spirit. What with the Lenten season upon us tomorrow this somehow seems apropos.
Ode:
"... an elaborately structured poem praising or glorifying an event or individual, describing nature intellectually as well as emotionally."
(Yes. All that. And here, a quiet, serene but confident chant.)
also, in Italian, a synonym for "to hear".
I hear polyphony.
Despite the intimate sillage and only moderate longevity I simply couldn't resist this. More "masculine" than "feminine"? Perhaps.
Fine packaging. Fine bottle.
★★★★☆

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Acca Kappa Ode fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Acca Kappa Ode, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ode by Acca Kappa. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ode by Acca Kappa represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.