Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Acqua di Parma for women and men

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Acqua di Parma for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta was launched in 2003. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta was created by Bertrand Duchaufour and Jean-Claude Ellena. Top notes are bergamot, bitter orange, sweet orange and lemon verbena; middle notes are jasmine, vetiver, ylang-ylang, cedar, cardamom, pink pepper and paprika; base notes are patchouli, oakmoss, white musk and resins.

Bergamot Bitter Orange Sweet Orange Lemon Verbena

Jasmine Vetiver Ylang-Ylang Cedar Cardamom Pink Pepper Paprika

Patchouli Oakmoss White Musk resins

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Fragrance Reviews

Raidthesaladbar
Raidthesaladbar

Smelling Colonia Assoluta, here's how I imagine the creative process behind it: On one end, Bertrand Duchaufour adding layer after layer of complexity, and on the other end Jean-Claude Ellena stripping every aspect down to its barest essentials. The result is a cologne that oozes mediterranean refinement like no other, a fragrance that feels like it came with a complementary Brioni blazer and horsebit loafers.

Most classic eaux de cologne burn bright and fast, an explosion of citrus and zest followed immediately by the drydown. Colonia Assoluta instead strikes a much more understated, but immensely durable chord of orange and ylang-ylang which, over the course of several hours, gradually transitions into a creamy, woody afterglow.

A hint of the original Colonia is still in there - a slightly powdery floral heart - but Assoluta is less dandified, less openly retro than its progenitor. It may lack the rugged charm of other retro offerings, but this makes the fragrance more accessible to those who usually steer clear of classic perfumery. So if you're in the market for an elegant summer scent, take Colonia Assoluta on a trip to the Emillia-Romagna.

obahnas
obahnas

I bought this along with Essenza di Colonia, and these were my first actual bottles from AdP.

and what can I say? Beautiful, refreshing, classic and pleasant...

I love it.

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

in opening there is orange and bitter orange note that i really love. but after 30 min there is just aromatic soap remant on your skin. another boring soapy perfume from ADP. i haven't expected those 2 master perfumer to make this perfume that i don't like at all.maybe just differnt taste. i don't know.really sorry ADP.4/10
در ابتدا بوی بسیار زیبای نارنج و پرتقال و مرکبات دارید ولی بعد از نیم ساعت دقیقا بوی صابون لوکس رو حس می کنید. واقعا مسخره است اینقدر پول بدید بوی صابون بدید. اصلا از این دو اسطوره عطرسازی توقع ساخت چنین عطری رو نداشتم.

gedlive
gedlive

Update: This did grow on me, I'm getting a bottle for a complete colection that I didn't want to add to.
It is in the genre of Grey Vetiver or Eau Savage, but I like the unique bitter spiciness of this one, it gives it that Italian flare.
Of all the Colonia's it is more about spiciness than other fresh cologns that are about citrus, neroli, musk and some green notes.

This is surely my favorite Colonia. I know the original, which I liked the least, it and Essenza have this bitter spice that reminds me of licorice, which I don't like. It does give them more of an Italian feel than Assoluta.

Assoluta has a bitter orange, which takes the place of rosemary in the first two Colonia's mentioned. Assoluta is the brightest and freshest, also most floral of the three. It does not feel like a Mediteranian series, like Fico d Amalfi, it has more of an aromatic sophistication.

It reminded me of Guerlain Habit Rouge, fresh bright, floral and sunny, yet with more bitterness comming from the orange peel note. It has a cologne like structure, citrus, floral, musk. Then it has a spicy edge with the pepper and orange peel. So it's like a combo of Neroli Portafino cologne, Habit Rouge, and some of the Italian flare of the original Colonia. It has that barber shop soapiness...
This fragrance leans masculine, the lang lang and other florals are noticable, but well blended, so for me it does not feel feminine at all.
Surely worth a try. Composed by two of the very best noses, Ellena and Duchaufour, authored many of my favorite fragrances.

God bless you. John 3:16, Chao...

INJEN

A wonderful citrus creation but after an hour on skin , I am left wondering if I wore any fragrance today , In other words best on clothing not skin ,
Summer days ;Yes
Nights ; Not recommended .
Scent good 10/10
Silage poor 3/10
Long lasting ?
Thanks,

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

A peppery citrus cologne on a background of smooth florals. One of the most complex colognes I've tried, this one straddles the line between cologne and parfum. Elegant and refined; very rich smelling. I'd say this leans towards the masculine but a woman can still pull this off. I can see this on a (wealthy) older man. Has amazing longevity for a citrus cologne, and a great deal of depth as well. I'm personally not interested as it isn't quite my cup of tea (I prefer the more aromatic Eau D`Orange Verte) but I respect this fragrance. If you want to project quiet, effortless class, wear Colonia Assoluta.

morkant
morkant

Assoluta is strange as a cologne because contains no neroli, and instead has a long list of notes such as chili pepper, ylang and bitter orange, which makes sense when you look at Duchafour's baroque oriental creations. Ellena must have done the editing here and Assoluta has that airy quality Ellena is famous for. So essentially you have the master minimalist meets Mr. More is More, who together set out to reinvent the classic cologne.

What I THINK they did was try to take the `wetness` out of citric freshness and play up the tang and bite of citrus but with dryer elements, while putting a surprising amount of gentle florals in to balance out any harshness. The image i get from Assoluta is of fresh laundry dried in the sunshine on a hill beside the ocean. Maybe an orange or lemon grove is nearby. Its a quiet, still kind of freshness and definitely does not enter the territory of 'juicy' or 'dewy'.

Assoluta is beautifully balanced for the entire duration of its sillage and has a transparent presence that reaches out gently without creating a wall of scent. Longevity is surprisingly good for a cologne and the drydown has its own personality to look forward two.

Emma0714
Emma0714

Sigh.

"IF I WERE A BOOOOOY..... EVEN JUST FOR A DAAAAY"

But really, this is unisex (although amazing on men) and everyone could (and should) wear Colonia Assoluta. But I really feel the need to sit on a Vespa and greeting everyone 'buongiorno' whilst wearing this.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

As I'm a huge fan of the regular Colonia, I did never warmed up to this one. In my opinion it's sweeter and less masculine. It's high quality,but it's just something that I don't like about it. I would go for the original colonia no doubt.

Blueslippers
Blueslippers

My signature if my budget would allow. Will always have a bottle, but it is a special day fragrance, rather than an everyday one because of the cost alone.

I love ADP fragrances, i'm yet to test a bad one, but this is a great modern twist on Colonia, keeping the essence of the original, while making it more relevant to today.

"Summer in a bottle" someone said in an an earlier review, or as my daughter would say.."you smell of Italy" as I first bought this on holiday on Lake Garda visiting beautiful Riva.

Whatever, this manages to be light, citrusy, classy, long lasting and changeable in the dry down from bright citrus to a light musky smell in the dry down.

Everything I expect of Italian style, class, quality and sophistication in a bottle....Love it!

Marilimorajaspani
Marilimorajaspani

My first impression after buying a 180ml bootle of this juice, 3/10.
I usually wear a new perfume 3 or 4 times to get a proper impression and I am keen to give this a few more days because I am disappointed.
It is a pleasant soap on a my skin and not much more, it is far too humble in my opinion and it last 2 hours at most.(If I can compare the staying-power of Amouage or Byredo, Assoluta has poor longevity and for that reason, it is way over-priced.

I will edit my critique in a month to see if my opinion improves but for now this pretty soap fragrance earns a 4/10.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

With a heritage like Avignon, Eau D'Italie, and Timbuktu on the Duchaufour side... and First, Déclaration, and Osmanthe Yunnan on the Ellena side, this lovechild literally reaches out and says, "I love you" when first sprayed. AND ALL DAY.

Wow, this is good. It really IS the best of everything! To the yearling nose it may bring to mind the original Dolce & Gabbana for men in the dark blue box, back when it had life. The yearling nose, however, wouldn't remember its powerhouse days, and that fragrance was too strong to wear anywhere but a night club. But in the hands of these two master perfumers, this cast of notes balances buxom beauties and staunch masculines in a relatively minimalist composition of formidable longevity to create something entirely new and revelatory in its ability to offer these notes served as never before. Shall I go on?

INJEN

This juice smells excellent , But I regret to say it do not last on the skin , Today I wore it and in Canada the temperature is +25 , From the time of the first spray , 20 min after the sent was gone ,My wife had her nose one me and could not smell it and I did about 9 Spray, Sorry I am disappointed .

landshark321
landshark321

After just trying the original yesterday, I can corroborate much of what's said about Colonia Assoluta: it's more complex than the original, being less citrus and more spicy, sweet, and floral. Whereas the original is mainly citrus and musk with a hint of spicy, Assoluta is sweeter and more floral without notes that I can specifically detect, and is spicier with respect to the pink pepper and cardamom. The dry down of Assoluta is definitely more of a sweet/spicy/musk grouping as the initial citrus has faded. I find the dry down more pleasant than the opening, in this case.

At a similar price to the original, it makes sense that many would lean toward Assoluta in lieu of the original due its complexity and modernness, but the original is definitely a more purely masculine and situationally-versatile take on the cologne concept. Both clearly lean toward use on a summer day, though they're both pleasant enough to wear in most situations throughout the year.

Also, while many tout the superior longevity and projection of Assoluta (and Intensa and Essenza, which I've not yet tried), I don't find this to be clearly the case. Both performed comparably well on my skin, still hanging around after 6+ hours and a shower.

This is, on the whole, another great entry in the Acqua di Parma line and I cannot wait to try more, but as others are saying, try them for yourselves, for sure.

7 out of 10

martindhunt
martindhunt

After a long winter of wearing heavier, spicier scents, I broke out my bottle of ADP last week; what a tremendous pleasure. Fresh and clean - sunshine in a bottle. An absolute delight to wear.

matty64
matty64

Upon my reflection, this is what I have and not Intensa. Assoluta to me was smoother, deeper and the longevity is 10+ hours on me. High quality fragrance, I love wearing this in Spring and Summer weather. The sillage of this is moderate and that's okay because you don't want to run people away but invite them in for a sniff.

PAK
PAK

A nice citrus / bergamot pairing! Very fresh and clean, its a super safe fragrance to wear at office.

jessora
jessora

This was on my Next-to-buy list for aeons and finally, I received a little bonus and bought it off an Amazon partner. I received a sample in a swap a while back, and I really enjoyed this one the most.

I thought the topnote was a little more orangy than this from today. A little sad at the loss of citrus. The bergamot is just very, very dry, and a lot of earthy vetiver this time. I also think I get violets. Unfortunately, it's just too soapy for me on the topnote.

Later, the vetiver comes out and ditches the citrus/floral notes. The middle is just plain and simple, something like a clean powder and I am guessing that's the ylang ylang heart. Overall, it's a cooling, earthy scent, such as a after a rain drenches the luscious citrus groves in the country, but the sun has just emerged from clouds. It's chilly, and the aromatics and resin (I couldn't tell ya what a resin smells like, but maybe that stuff you clean your cello bow with? nah, not getting it at all).

The drydown is just a very dry soapy scent, something distinctively cool and floral such as violets. That could be the oakmoss too, which is a very cool scent. I don't get any patchouli. I get zero peppercorns.

I'm a little disappointed it's not got that nice orange scent tucked away in it, but there's always Rue Fauborg for that. Just a classy, simple fragrance that's perfect for a luxurious night out or a day at the office.

walking44
walking44

I like this one a better than the original. Its more herbaceous and green. a little floral.

williamvargas
williamvargas

This is one of the best wear to the office fragrance i own. The citrus verbena/ bergamot ,oak moss musky vibe is very attractive. I have gotten great feedback. Longevity is not bad for a citrus fragrance, above average in my opinion. When I wear Assoluta I will reapply one good spray to my chest and one to a wrist right after lunch before coming back to the office. For some of my fav's that don't seem to last as long I use the small 3 mil atomizer just for that purpose. There are many that do not last the 8 to 9 hours I am at work. I try to never over do it to start the day. Assoluta is a very becoming fragrance for a man to wear. Assoluta just makes me feel good when I wear it, as well as being a very versatile fragrance. Classy quality about it. My wife likes this on me quite a bit. Sniff this out if you can. Acqua di Parma is a quality house. Price point is a bit high, I would opt for this when I am in the mood over a fragrance like Eau Sauvage etc. Purchasing Assoluta is a much wiser decision if I base on wearing it often or a signature scent. The difference in cost spread out over a year made a lot more sense for me to purchase. You would have to weigh that out. For us fragrance enthusiasts we all seem to wear many different ones so it becomes harder to justify many full bottle purchases. It is a quandary. I have no remorse for purchasing. If you love to wear citrus blends Assoluta deserves to be considered ,I tested some other Acqua di Parma citrus blends and opted for this one. Sometimes they are so close and you can go back and forth and drive yourself nuts..I have.. I give this two big thumbs up.

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

This is a very refined-well balanced-modern classic-soothing-truly unisex - anytime u don't know what to wear-fragrance..
On me, i especially looovee it soothing effect.. While it still projects proffesionalism & maturity.. ;-)
This one similar to Lalique Pour Homme, but Colonia Assoluta is more refined & more unisex (as listed) than LPH..
This is one of some unisex fragrance that i could wear, without being too masculine or feminine..
Suitable for office without too generic or too flat..
Simply LOVE it! :-D <3

Kokomo
Kokomo

The ADP Colonia Assoluta is a contemporary version of the original Colonia which works itself into the rotation more than most in my collection. Although this fragrance is best when worn by itself, I find myself layering the Assoluta with Borsari Acqua di Classica when I wear it to work. The woodiness of the Borsari muddles with the sweetness of the Assoluta. Damn, those do dry down well together.

larii
larii

Fresh but still classy, maybe the best one from Colonia series. 9/10

soloManolo
soloManolo

Refined is a word perfectly matched for this fragrance.A true masterpiece.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

fresh almost typical cologne , nice but not special as colonia intensa and essenza , as usual i cannot hide that it is chic as all perfumes from Aqua Di Parma

crgann2006
crgann2006

As my buddy would say, "this smells like Pierce Brosnan looks." A James Bond scent; clean, sharp edged, with just a hint of danger.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Colonia Assoluta has a dynamic freshness offered by the heavy handed use of lemon verbena which permeates this fragrance. Calabrian bergamot and red orange contribute juicy sweetness, which mirror the lemony facets of the verbena. Faint hints of chili pepper, cardamon, and pink pepper intermingle with the shimmering citrus accord. Exotic ylang-ylang and jasmine blossoms offer indolic floral qualities whilst fragrant vetiver root (also known to have lemony notes) and American cedar round out the dry down. The overall feeling is one of intense cleanliness. I have seen this fragrance associated with soaps and showering in previous reviews, and I would have to agree. There is something oddly generic with this scent. The notes seemed highly promising, but the general aesthetic falls flat for me. (141)

Lana148
Lana148

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta is my least favorite out of Colonia line. Starts with lovely citrus blast and settles down to "out of shower" feel, like you just washed yourself with some old fashioned herbal soap and then used cheep men's shaving foam. The smell came out soapy, boring and uninspiring. Not long lasting either.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Nice, pleasant, invigorating citrus and bergamot opening on mellow aromatic woods – sandal and cedar, I guess. A talcum, powdery, musky heart of flower petals, a solid but very subtle base of patchouli, vanillin and (synthetic) oak moss, which gets more and more earthy while the first more volatile notes vanish. So basically nothing new, but still decently executed. I also detect the peculiar, piquant-fruity note of pepper and pimiento. What you get after a while is a persistent, sweet, gentle musky drydown with just a tiny hint of dusty earthy notes and a vague feel of powdery white flowers. Bit boring after a while. Frankly the start is better than the evolution, but it's indeed a clear, laid-back, cozy, (overpriced) modern eau de cologne.

7,5/10

Edit (November 2015): ah, screw that. I needed to get rid of some snobbery to admit that, but it smells great. I still think it's a tad boring, but a really, really, really pleasant, quality and elegant boredom. Upgrading it to a higher rating (not that anyone should care).

Kain
Kain

Every time you see a well-done citrus based fragrances, you can find "Jean-Claude Ellena's" footprint there!
This fragrance opens up with fresh and bitter citrusy smell, a little mossy feeling, some sweetness and some floral notes.
The citrusy note is fresh and a little tart, but bitter and a little sweet at the same time that feels very natural and high quality.
There is a little powdery floral note beside this freshness that give the scent a beautiful elegant and sensual aroma.
As time goes by the scent didn't change that much. it gets only less fresh and a little more powdery floral which increases the elegant and classy feeling of the scent.
Projection is soft and longevity is unfortunately bad on my skin. I'm getting around 2-3 hours which is very poor, but it doesn't mean that this fragrance looses it's high mark.

هر کجا که یه عطر با کیفیت و درست حسابی مرکباتی به تور آدم میخوره میشه رد پای عطرساز بزرگ ژان کلود النا رو اونجا پیدا کرد
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با ترکیب ساده ولی بسیار خوشبوی رایحه ترش و کمی شیرین و شاداب مرکبات شروع میشه که اون حس تلخی پوست مرکبات هم داخل اش حس میشه
در کنار این بوی مرکباتی یه بوی ضعیف سبز و خزه ای و کمی رایحه گلها هم به مشام میرسه که رایحه گلها اینجا یه حس خیلی خفیف پودری داره و زیبایی و حس بسیار شیکی به عطر میده
با گذر زمان بوش تغییری به اون صورت نمیکنه. فقط حس شادابی کمی ملایمتر میشه و رایحه پودری گلها کمی قویتر که باعث میشن بازم حس جذابیت با پرستیژ بودن عطر افرایش پیدا کنه
پخش بوی ملایمی داره و متاسفانه ماندگاریش زیاد نیست. حدود 2-3 ساعت روی پوست من بیشتر دوام نمیاره ولی در کل چیزی از زیبایی های این عطر کم نمیشه

Germany
Germany

A MODERN CLASSIC
Very high quality .
Another fresh out of the shower, classic beautiful unisex from the colonia line. This is high quality , equally wonderful as the original colonia , it's more modern I guess. ,,, it opens with a blast of orange and citrus and has an earthy aromatic feel to it. Full of cedar, Cardamon and. Oakmoss. Like a walk in the woods. Boy I love this one. Both colonias are great , I am not familiar with the others as I believe they are more for men. This one is quite unisex for sure although it leans to the masculine side like the original Colonia. I find this one is soapy and a touch more modern and even yet more wearable by a lady than Colonia. I like both though,alot.
To me this is a fragrance you can wear to work, to play and to go for a walk in the woods. It never feels old or heavy or out of place. It just feels clean and fresh and well groomed. Who wouldn't want to smell like this :)

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Opens with a ton of bergamot and lemon. They are joined by resins in the backdrop adding a very very minor sweet note, almost like Tonka bean. Hmmm, a little bit later and its all creamy sweet lemon. Im not sure where this sweetness is coming from, maybe the musk? Yes, that's the musk underneath the creamy lemon. Now its softening into a bit of vanilla, which I guess is the ylang-ylang. The vanilla must be the end of the show for this one. I like it but not what I wanted in a cologne.

Edit: 01-14-15 Creamy lemon or citrus whatever! That is what this is about. Very, very similar to the note in MFK Absolue Pour le Matin. I may be coming around to this.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Opens in a more purely flowery way than the original. It's heavier and more powdery as well, with more orange and less lemon. I guess they use some aldehydes, because sometimes I get a buttery sensation that I had never previously understood when reading other people's reviews of florals. It's too feminine for me in a heavier but more relaxed way than the original...plus it feels about 10 years older. Another very nice blend for someone else, and I'll give it a thumbs up on their behalf. If I were to buy one of the two, I'd buy this over the original for its strength and longevity.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

@rave75, perhaps you mistook the samples, it is very easy to mix Colonia with Intensa with Assoluta. The only safe one is Essenza for the black bottle. I myself am on a battle trying to find the one for me. Cheers, JM

rave75
rave75

This is weird, I tested this cologne in a department store, bought a tester vial, and then bought a 2013 special edition version and it smells different. So I bought another one at david jones and it smells exactly like the 2013 special edition but it smells different than the tester and vial.

Has they been re-formulated??

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Colonia Assoluta is another great option that Italian fashion house to our climate in Brazil.
Opening with bitter orange also citrus balanced with bergamot and lemon verbena, brings an air invigorating, and very natural.
The body heats up and appears floral touch by ylang ylang where it creates a salt air beachy lightly. I feel something spicy and woody with vetiver appears with a slight earthy aspect.
Woody base that intensifies the air dense by moss which creates an aura more classic and mature.

Rating: 8,5/10

anna.dkr5

You know what this actually reminds me a lot of? Laura Biagiotti ROMA PER UOMO. It has a really similar vibe, with the orange and the resins. bittersweet citrus, and creamy. I own both fragrances. Check out Roma per uomo if you want something very similar to this cologne for half the price.

anna.dkr5

Beautiful. When I smell this, I picture the colours orange and gold. It starts with a blast of citrus, but less lemony than the original Colonia. Then, ylang ylang takes centre stage, but one can still smell orange and lemon verbena in the background. Sillage isn't so bad, and neither is longevity. I've had it on for about two hours, and I still get whiffs of it. It's more "perfumey" than the original Colonia, and less powdery, as well. Also, it smells natural. I'm glad I've sampled and bought this, too, because both versions are worth having. I'm also grateful for the help I've received from Deefit, who was so kind as to answer my queries with regard to this fragrance.

By the way, I've tried layering Colonia with glycerin hand cream, and it lasted much longer than it would have without it. I'm definitely going to try the same trick with Assoluta.

osiris5
osiris5

yes it is a real nice perfume. The scent is a modern interpretation of the classical masterpiece. Colonia is better in Fall and Wintertime, Colonia assoluta is more for spring and summer. On hot days it has a nice projection with elegance. And the opening is so typical the same as Hermes Un Jardin en Mediteranee.
Y also can smell here the master-perfumer of Hermes Jean-Claude Ellena. It opens with much citrus and bergamot and lemon-verbena. In the middle it changes to more a heavier scent with a complex mix of wood, flowers and spices: vetiver and cedar that gives a woody-citric note, jasmine, Ylang ylang which gives a bit vanilla like scent going into cardamon. It ends similar as the original masterpiece powdery and spicy.
I have to get used to it because i prefer the masterpiece, the original. But this is great too.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

The ultimate in Itailian refinement. You gotta love it!.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

If only they could capture sunshine in a bottle. Turns out they have.

If Lalique's Encre Noire is like the beguiling midnight moon at the witching hour, then Colonia Assoluta represents the golden midday sun in all its brilliance. For me, they're akin to night and day.

Colonia Assoluta is positively vibrant. Applying this glorious nectar never fails to elevate me to an altogether brighter place. The composition strikes a harmonious and heavenly floral/citrus accord that delivers this devotee into a sustained state of rapture.

Sunshine in a bottle - joyous, uplifting, transcendent.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is so delicious to be worn all summer long. It's fresh, green, and clean. No it isn't strong, it stays close to the skin. It's definitely a day fragrance. Opens with that nice lime or lemon citrus, and it's powdery as well. To me this is better than the original Colonia version of Acqua Di Parma, as it stays longer. Try it.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I got a small sample of this with another Acqua di Parma purchase. I had originally intended to give it to my boyfriend, but he nearly dumped it down the sink. So today, on a whim, I decided to try a bit on my hand, just to see what the dry-down was like.

To me, this is divine. It's simple, it's out-of-the-shower fresh, you get an initial burst of citrus that wakes you up from the fatigue of hot weather followed by a rich, high-quality soapy note.

But I can't tell if this is something I want to wear, as it is very masculine, or something I just want to smell all the time. Is this the fragrance I want to exude? Or do I just want Andrew to suck it up and wear the damned thing so I can smell him?

jeffreywelch
jeffreywelch

I adore Colonia Absoluta! It is a classic, clean and fresh fragrance I feel comfortable wearing anywhere at any time during the year. I live in a city with a climate of four distinct seasons, and I feel comfortable wearing this fragrance during any of the seasons. It's safe for the office, the market or going out to a restaurant. I doubt 99% of the world would find this fragrance offensive so I consider it a safe bet for all occasions. I love the travel size, as it allows me to take this scent with me on business trips and vacations. The entire line of shower gel and shaving cream are top quality too should you want to splurge in other aspects of your grooming routine. This fragrance line will definitely make you feel refined, well-to-do and affluent, even it you aren't.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

Classic and classy.

This is bitter orange and bergamot up front for a short time. So it's not really a "CITRUS" fragrance. The heart and base of this is floral and moss and patchouli. This is a Chypre, minus lavendar, with Fougere tendencies.

Smells clean and dirty at the same time. A little hint of something that reminds me of soap. Not young, not modern, not trendy, just good.

Got at least 6 hours on my skin. Sillage is moderate.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Citrus and lemon verbena with lots of ylang ylang, its a little bit powdery but not as much as the original.

A very nice and natural smelling scent I think I will purchase this after my original colonia runs out.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

A beautifully done classic italian citrus in the same vain as Givenchy's Por Monsieur.

The Assoluta version plays off of the original Colonia version but you are treated to a more enhanced olfactory experience that has noticeably more depth and complexity than your average citrus based fragrance. All the while not losing a beat from the original Colonia version. If anything you can say that a lot of "good stuff" has been added to it. In this regard Assoluta stands out in a league of it's own.

It projected beautifully for a little over 2 hrs but now I can barely smell it on the hand that I sprayed it on. I was looking for a "stronger" Colonia and I thought I had found it in Assoluta. I had my CC ready to purchase a bottle of this but after sitting with it for a while I decided to say no..... WHY ? Longevity Issues...THAT"S ALL.

UPDATE : I tried this again just 2 days later and I must say it is just as fleeting on my skin as the Colonia version. I also think it is way too safe for me. Too middle of the road but nicely done minus the longevity issues.

Karenin
Karenin

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta epitomises a traditional, high quality (perhaps even Italian-style) eau de cologne. It manages to pull out several surprises in the course of its development, which isn't something that could be taken for granted in this fragrance category, in my opinion.

There´s a pleasant citrusy-soapy overture, followed by a subtle flowery-woody heart with a spicy undertone. The base is a mellow combination of musk and patchouli. The only caveat I have against this scent is that on my skin it sometimes ends up smelling a little harsh (especially in its heart). I'm not sure which particular note I should blame for this (could it be the ylang-ylang?), but it's this aspect of Colonia Assoluta which makes me "like" it rather than "love" it.

Like a typical eau de cologne, Colonia Assoluta is a unisex fragrance even though I'd argue its head and heart lean a tad more towards the masculine side. Since its longevity is way above average, the fragrance does not require frequent reapplications.

All in all, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta is a very likeable scent, capable of making the heat of the summer more bearable.

jozemo
jozemo

love the frag, it lasts awhile ,the drydown smells like a very good expensive soap,which is a good thing.a fresh clean scent that gets compliments whenever its worn.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I'm so confused about these Acqua di Parma Colonia fragrances! I've tested all three - Colonia, Colonia Assoluta and Colonia Intensa (is the last one right??!) -on paper strips in a department store and one of them really appeals to me and I love it. The other two are nice but something's missing for me in those two that is in the other one. Anyway, at some point I'll have to go back, test them again and perhaps write on each paper strip which fragrance it is and then I can actually figure out which one it is that I absolutely LOOOVE! Still, it's very confusing that this trio of fragrances have pretty much the same name, which leads you to believe that they're very similar, but in some ways they're very different - that's kind of strange!! They all smell very high end and classy though (and the bottles look great!) and even though they're not cheap there are fragrances that are much more expensive that aren't even a fraction as nice as these so I think they're well worth splashing out a little on!!

Jayne58
Jayne58

Citrus, herbs, quite bitter, a little soapy, in the best possible way. Oh so clean and refreshing. Lasts ages for a citrus. I'm much happier when the weather starts to warm up if I know I have some version of AdP Colonia around, and this version is my favourite so far.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Colonia assoluta smells on old kind of refined soap. Made from citrus peelings, beesewax and aromatic trees. Reminds me on Diorella Dior and Vetiver Guerlain. Classical and simplistic.

Colonia assoluta is a lady in a rocking chair.
Yellow sun laying on fields of barley.
Its a motorcycle drive on Capri.
The addagio sound in summer evening.
A beautiful neck of ballerina dancer.
Gracefull and fragile.

You know in theater when performing opera at the end audience applaudes. Well if the performance was so exuisite people from audience shout Bravi!
In the play with Colonia assoluta in main role I say

Brava.

I got some in the mail and it leaked, so I got some on my hands. The jasmine note seems really strong so you better like jasmine with this one. When I get a chance to sample normally it I'll update this review.

sf2explus
sf2explus

Get a very expensive plain white soap and squeez half a lemon on the soap with a tiny bit of grated orange zest and add a drop of jasmine oil and some mixed herbs. Take a hot shower with that soap and you will have assoluta, a very sophisticated elegant smell, something that a very well groomed man would wear as he wants his personality and style do the talking.
The scent just reminds you that your still in the shower,It's a very clean smell that can be worn year round, There is a bitter quality to the scent.
for me the scent is watery and soapy. I would say this scent is suitable for anyone above 27.
The sillage of the scent is actaully quite good, i could easily detect the scent on my self for atleast 6 hours and that is really good considering it is a cologne.The lasting power is atleast 6-8 hours than becomes close to the skin. I would reccomned two sprays to the neck and one one the chest and one on the shirt.
A scent that smells expensive in the more traditional way and has a classic smell. It is one of those scents you can buy tommorow and bring it out 30 years later and would still remain modern. This is not a green soapy scent like chanel pour monsuir, but a citrus soapy scent. Try before you buy.

Scent 8/10

ig69
ig69

timeless classic; great to wear with a good italian suite :)
provides comfort and confidence; very stable feelings

I am confused by the naming of Acqua di Parma COLONIA ASSOLUTA, which suggests that it is a stronger, more "absolute" or pure version of COLONIA. In fact, it's a completely different composition. Among many other differences, lavender and rosemary are conspicuously absent from ASSOLUTA; resins are happily present; and this one strikes me as more feminine than masculine, rather than vice versa!

These differences are all improvements to my nose. COLONIA ASSOLUTA is a very subtle, smooth, resinous perfume with such an understated presence that it seems more like a base than a full-fledged perfume. I'm not that surprised, though, since minimalism is Ellena's signature style. Overall, I think that I find his work more conceptually than perfumically appealing. I would definitely wear ASSOLUTA, if I had a bottle, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to obtain one.

Grottola
Grottola

NICE! Colonia Assoluta takes the classic Eau de Cologne structure (citrus and neroli) and gives it a fougere sort of feel. This is due to a big ol' dollop of lavender and what smells like a slight animalic note (ala Jicky). The lavender is great and blends with the cologne structure nicely - this increases the longevity, and I love it. Definitely want a bottle.

Edox
Edox

Esta Colonia Assoluta puede gustar o no gustar; me explico: Es una explosion de bergamota asociada con naranja agria.
Recuerdo la primera vez que la olí me dije ¿Esto es todo? y salí de la tienda con el perfume puesto en mi muñeca sin comprarla; pero poco a poco la fragancia me fue hablando y contándome cosas... Tarde días en descubrir que finalmente me había cautivado por completo... Me enamoré de ella y volví a la tienda a comprarla.
Como decía al principio es una explosion intensa y suave al mismo tiempo, paradógicamente de cítricos y esto va a predominar siempre.
No es un perfume piramidal, sino rectilíneo (En sentido vertical, además) ya que si bien los demás ingredientes se van a ir dejando notar a medida que el tiempo pasa, estos sirven para ensalzar a los dos primeros.Las resinas van aparecer inmediatamente con el fin de envolver los cítricos para otorgarles una "clase" especial de sobria elegancia; después las notas de vetiver les dará ese toque verde de mágica naturaleza que hacen de esta fragancia algo gratamente especial, misterioso y claro al mismo tiempo. Poco a poca van apareciendo las flores que van a ir adornando ese altar sin ostentacion alguna pero con una presencia autentica por parte de la rosa de Bulgaria
(Aunque no esté presente en las notas oficiales)
Finalmente el musgo y el roble como sabios druidas dirigen el sacrificio animal con el almizcle; al final el ámbar unge para darle un suave toque de sacra eternidad... que en parte lo consigue pues el sillage es perfecto ¡Aún después de hacer deporte, sudar y ducharse consigue dejarse sentir! Además es de los perfumes que dejan estela y sus efluvios se tranportan muy bien con el aire hacia los demás.... Reitero todo aquí: los obsequios florales,las plegarias y sacrificios, son elevados al dios Cítrico (de ahí lo susodicho de rectilínea verticalidad)

Entiendo que a muchos les haga pensar en colonias antiguas y/o a vieja barbería por ese pico cítrico tan intenso y les digo que algo de eso hay en la intencion de sus autores ( Además los grandes perfumes ingleses del siglo XVIII y XIX comenzaron en las barberías como Floris o Penhaligon's). Esta colonia es todo un homenage a ellas y un templo al cítrico tan usado a través de los tiempos para desinfectar y purificar en definitiva: limpiar,lavar... y esta colonia es de las que te hacen sentir agradablemente limpio, fresco, fragante... TODA UNA SEÑORA FRAGANCIA.
Una vez más J.C. Ellena realiza una obra maestra y esta vez en colaboracion con B.Duchaufour.

marcos-2011
marcos-2011

I really love this fragrance,it´s very elegant and fresh at the same time,perfect to the fine man during the daytime,but also can be used at runway time(evening or night),you will receive many comments about this smell,enjoy.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Refreshing with zesty orange and bergamot, Colonia Assoluta starts out with a snap. As the zing calms down, the fragrance develops a slower, full bodied pulse.

Oakmoss, resins and ylang-ylang give this fragrance a roundness that is not unlike an amber colored bar of glycerine soap--transparent, clean, light and fresh. The woody elements in this keep it neat and give some texture.

Delicately sweet with florals and musk, Assoluta is easy for anyone to wear. A great choice for a fresh out-of-the-shower feel with clean confidence and energy.

treenhe
treenhe

i found this to be exactly like my review of colonia but just a tiny bit sweeter after a few hours. i love both. my favourite thing is to put it on after a bath and before bed as it seems to hold that 'i'm just clean' smell for longer. it makes me feel very relaxed.

Markx
Markx

I could be wrong but I find this perfume very similar to Tabac Original EdC or EdT version, don't really remember anyway this perfume is good and classic in it's approach so nothing fancy, innovative or even remotely sexy here.

This perfume is suitable for male mature people aged 30 and up who want to smell nice without attracting too much intention for themselves.

spirit966
spirit966

Very nice smelling and VERY strong during the first 3-4 hours.

But does this remind you of some body deo or Old Spice that one splash on after the shower?

Very clean, very bright. But for the price point, I am not so keen. Also, parts of it do smell synthetic.

Is this a EDC? Because if it is, its very long lasting indeed, 6-8 hours for me.

distortech
distortech

I love it. Pure and simple, period. A must for every collection.

Affinity4FineFragrances
Affinity4FineFragrances

This was a blind purchase because of whose name was attached to the nose of this fragrance (for those who don't know, it's Jean-Claude Ellena :-)

I knew that when I purchased this fragrance it probably wouldn't be a favorite, and once I received the package in the mail, tearing it open like a kid on Christmas with presents, I was slightly disappointed.

Although the sillage seems to be infinite on me (why is it that way with the frags that you don't LOVE?) I think I was looking for a bit more citrus - something like L'Occitane's Summer Verbena but instead I got a Pine-Sol like mixture. My body chemistry, maybe? I don't know, but even though this one sits on the front of my perfume shelf, this is a fragrance I spray my linens with while making the bed, and I would pin this more on a man than me. I'll categorize this one as a "once-in-a-while-when-I-don't-know-what-to-wear" fragrance.

moly
moly

It's lovely, elegant fragrance, for everyone and for every occasion. I love the citrus notes, this scent is really fresh and classic.

As Joy
As Joy

I am not a friend of ylang-ylang nor bergamot, and that's why this otherwise fine fragrance is not in my wishlist. Overall, it smells refined and classy, but I just can't get over the vicks vaporub in the beginning and the ylang-ylang in the middle (actually the end, too). For some reason, smelling ylang-ylang gives me a feeling that is similar to the feeling when I have heartburn. Sounds odd, I know! However, the vetiver, cedar and amber are the ones that make Assoluta a little bit better to my nose. I wonder if the problem (in my nose) is in the combination of bergamot, ylang-ylang and resins...

guest_Payne by name
guest_Payne by name

I love the Acqua di Parma brand; it’s heritage, it’s refinement and it’s exclusivity. I’m actually pleased when I enter fragrance shops or duty free stores and see that it isn’t available as it makes me feel good that I wear something that is a little rarer and more unique.

My fragrance of choice is Colonia Assoluta, which I feel has a wonderfully fresh and distinctive scent.

I am however becoming a little concerned at the growing number of extensions to their range. I appreciate that what they do with their business is entirely up to them but working in design/marketing myself, I am aware that customer feedback has it uses.

My fear is that the prestige of the brand is in danger of becoming diluted with too much choice and that the exclusive marque will descend into the quagmire of bewildering choice with little variance adopted by the likes of Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss and Gucci.

It would be a real shame to see this happen as their products are so clearly more than that.

mariotgomez

When deciding to purchase my first Aqua di Parma fragrance I could not decide between Colonia (created back in 1916)or Colonia Assoluta (2003).

Assoluta is not a more intense version of Colonia is it sliglty different. To me you both have the common citrus notes but Assoluta has a little spiciness to it and modernized. Both fragrances are classic scents. Every time I put this fragrance on, I feel like Hollywood royalty (Audrey Hepburn or Cary Cooper wore Colonia) or get a surge of confidence.

This fragrance is long wearing and is rare if I do not get compliments when I wear. If your looking for a fragrance with a little history to it, add one of the Aqua di Parma scents to your collection.

AdP Colonia Assoluta was my first fragrance from this famous Perfume house. Colonia and Intensa version will be added to my collection (in time).

Suseken
Suseken

I love almost all fragrances from Acqua di Parma.This one is for any occasion.
Really refreshing and long lasting base notes.One of my favourites.

mariotgomez

The last time I went purchase a fragrance, the sales associate who always helps me gave me a gift-with-purchase size sample of this fragrance. I have been wearing this fragrance from time to time. I am falling in love with it, while enjoying people’s reactions & comments when I have it on.

Aqua di Parma (Colonia Assoluta) is a must to every collection. A classice Italian scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.